(Close Window)
Topic: The Carnie Box - From the creator of the Kn0wing G@me and Witch Hazel
Hello fellow bizarrists,

I've been away for some time...part self-imposed and part "Cafť ban."
I've still been around, just saying less.

I feel I need to break my silence to let you know of a new bizarre release.

Steve (creator of the Kn0wing G@me and Witch Hazel) just released a new effect that may be of interest to our community.
If you have purchased from Steve in the past, you may have received an e-mail announcement. But, for those of you that are in the dark....behold:

The Carnie Box, A folk-art vintage matchbox full of small unique objects with a back story centered around a rare Carnie ritual; although, other presentations are possible as well.

It is available only at the big auction site. It can be found in the Bizarre magic section, If you search "The Carnie Box," it should come up.

From the e-mail announcement:

One of the many presentations possible:

In American carnie culture, particularly in the Midwest, each traveling show had one person, one shaman, one medicine man: one so revered, that his or her word was *the* word, almost religious in nature. Many times, they were known simply as 'the Elder', though in outside circles they are referred to as 'the Elder Carnie'.

When a young carnie, maybe a recent home run-away, wanted to join the ranks, the Elder had the final say. When such a young carnie needed advice, the Elder would provide. At the age of 22, every carnie would approach the Elder for what many carnivals referred to as "the entrance."
The Elder would speak:

"As you enter the carnival of life, young one, you must be prepared. Not to choose a path - for it has been chosen for you - but to *know* your path. Are you ready to know your path?"

The Elders sun withered hands would then place a small mysteriously decorated matchbox before the initiate, removing three small objects.
And the ceremony would commence...

My opinion...You really should go over to the big auction site and check this out!
Already purchased as soon as I woke up this morning to that pleasant email from Steve. Looking forward to receiving as Steve does such a fantastic job on making both his storylines & props as authentic as possible to create a wonderful effect !

Nice to see you back RS !
I nabbed one too...tempted to get more than one for the price, but that wouldn't be fair as he is only putting out 50, and then no more. And he means it.

This looks like the same superb quality of props we've come to expect from Steve...a mix of real and made-to-look real artifacts that jell perfectly to form a bit of bad business. The clown drawing sold it for me. Nightmarish on its own.

Multiple outs, so one can concentrate on the presentation. My favorite!

Mr. Peebles is not prolific, but dang he's good...
Looks nice! Half are gone already.
I along with many others jumped on one as soon as I finished reading the email
Got the email. The email was enough of an announcement.
I already have my shipping notice !! Woo Hoo
Guess I'll have to make a trip to see Steve and Bobby.
I didn't get the email. Weird since I was one of the purchasers of the You-Know-What Game.

Feeling like a red-headed step-child now... :(
Emailing over site boo boo,....oh well MG I guess you'll have to go stand in the corner & like it....lol

There's still a few left while the pick'nz good, magicians helping magicans buy product -
What is the website for this? Or is it just one of those "if you know then you know" situations? You guys are being awfully cryptic for an apparent must own piece of bizarre magic.
Kinda, kinda not.....lol, if you read RandyScotts post about almost half way down you'll find the cryptic answer-hey were bizarre right ?!?
From the first post in this thread ďIt is available only at the big auction siteĒ whoís name shall remain unspoken.
Looks like 35/50 have sold.
[quote]On Mar 19, 2019, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Looks like 35/50 have sold. [/quote]

Knowing the other offerings from Steve, I'm surprised they all are not sold. Like the ad says, "You can pay me now or pay me later!" And usually later is a lot more.
Has anyone else in the UK tried to purchase through eBay? The system tells me itís unable to post to my address. I have emailed Steve back for help but am looking for suggestions as I donít wanna miss out
I know steve is using the Ebay to give buyers security with they're purchase, but I would be fine buying from him directly as he's a trusted seller for me. I'm sure steve will work something out for you.
[quote]On Mar 19, 2019, roblane wrote:
Has anyone else in the UK tried to purchase through eBay? The system tells me itís unable to post to my address. I have emailed Steve back for help but am looking for suggestions as I donít wanna miss out [/quote]

Have you thought about picking it up over here? Would be a goo vacation and all tax deductible if you are a performer.
[quote]On Mar 19, 2019, roblane wrote:
Has anyone else in the UK tried to purchase through eBay? The system tells me itís unable to post to my address. I have emailed Steve back for help but am looking for suggestions as I donít wanna miss out [/quote]
Didn't have a problem when I bought one.
Love effects like this. When you give the spectators a choice, itís always a fun time.
[quote]On Mar 19, 2019, Sir wrote:
Love effects like this. When you give the spectators a choice, itís always a fun time. [/quote]

You are so correct! Choice makes the difference when it comes to FUN. Cremation or burial? That's why all FUNerals begin with FUN. And it's not just my opinion, 8 out of 10 cadavers agree.
Could someone post or pm me a link please? I can't seem to find it at all. Thanks in advance.
Found it - ebay app was refusing to find it, but came up with google search. Sadly unable to purchase as it says not shipped to UK! :(
Just recieved mine (got the red skull box on pic set 2 middle standing up-love it !! ), fantastic lil box with a lot inside with well done instructions that get right to the bone of using ! Imo its a great pocket carry round with lots of entertainment possibilities & fun !

Nice work Steve & to all involved in this lil pocket performance piece !
Received mine as well. Most excellent all around.
Thanks Steve!
[quote]On Mar 21, 2019, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Just recieved mine (got the red skull box on pic set 2 middle standing up-love it !! ), fantastic lil box with a lot inside with well done instructions that get right to the bone of using ! Imo its a great pocket carry round with lots of entertainment possibilities & fun !

Nice work Steve & to all involved in this lil pocket performance piece ! [/quote]

Got mine also. Love it, but not going to carry it in my pocket. Most people probably don't realize what effort is put into just finding the stuff. The picture don't do it justice. Well done! Thanks for offering this.
Only 10 left for sale, and then poof! Steve vanishes for another couple of years.
Received mine in the mail today. Very nice.
Thank you Steve.
46 sold; only 1 left.

I guess 3 were sold outside of ebay.

Who is going to get the last one?
Last one is officially sold on EBay. To me.
A quick update from Steve on the Carnie Box...

As a thank you to the community, Steve is offering a free PDF titled "The Spinning Pendulum." It's a new technique of using any string pendulum that you may find interesting.

You can contact Steve at:

Magiclife8228@gmail.com
Thanks for the offer.
[quote]On Mar 24, 2019, RandyScott wrote:
A quick update from Steve on the Carnie Box...

As a thank you to the community, Steve is offering a free PDF titled "The Spinning Pendulum." It's a new technique of using any string pendulum that you may find interesting.

You can contact Steve at:

Magiclife8228@gmail.com [/quote]

My apologies....

The correct e-mail is:

magic.life8228@gmail.com
Sorry to break up the fun here...and it is fun...but I finely had an opportunity to explore this exquisite set of props and have to share the love.

Mr. Peebles has hit another home run. Albeit a small home run (everything fits in a small matchbox...not the larger "strike on anything" boxes), which still succeeds big time in making a huge impression. As tiny as this kit is, Steve put as much caring and love into it as his now legendary "The K**ing Game." Every detail has been thought out with great attention to researching the right and accurate props, aging them correctly if, and as needed, and then adding his own personal touches with his annotations that completely brand the prop as his. This is a small detail, but a huge advantage.

Unless he has mastered some incredible handwriting duplicating machine, I am assuming Steve handwrites (actually prints) on all of these props, which must take a long time, with a lot of missteps along the way. And if so, well, the results are worth it. For me, the hand printing makes this prop a killer. His unique style of printing is that of the "every person," which makes using these materials so easy and organic...smeared, aged, innocently penciled printed messages...so perfect. And so uniquely his. Even our most cherished bizarre magic creators haven't yet achieved this comfort level of hand-written reveals.

Aside from me fawning over the graphic design details, Steve has again shown us how taking the proper amount of time to research and collect the right elements from the past, will yield great returns in the future. His instructions are relatively brief, but informative. Yet the number of effects that can be performed with this miniature illusion show is very impressive. Seasoned Bizarre Magicians will have a field day with these props and discover countless possibilities from a seemingly limited set of resources.

For me, opening up this delightful tiny offering was like opening up my first magic set. I imagined so many big tricks, and then saw a lot of small pieces and parts and feeling a bit let down. Upon further examination, I discovered an unending amount of awe and amazement.

Thank you Mr. Peebles
If anyone wants to sell theirs, let me know.
Here's an idea: Give away a worry doll to your volunteer to use in the traditional manner when s/he gets home

They're cheap as chips on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WSTKDU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00
I got mine yesterday and I'm very pleased with it and my interactions with the creator. Very prompt responses when I messaged them about an issue with the address I provided. As for the item it's one of those great things that you totally could have come up with it yourself, but you didn't
Top notch effect! LOVE IT!