(Close Window)
Topic: Anthony Owen R.I.P
R.I.P. Anthony Owen Sadly passed away Friday.
This IS very sad. Taken before his time. Condolences to his family and loved ones...
Couldn’t believe it when hearing that. Far too early and so unexpected. R.I.P. Anthony. Jan
Very sad news. RIP Anthony. :pout:
This is a shock, very sorry to hear this.
Very sorry to hear this news. RIP Anthony.
Does anyone have any more details?
He seemed very young.

I understand that spelling is quickly becoming a lost art and no one seems to care these days.
But could the mods please correct the spelling of Anthony's first name to show a little respect should his family see this thread.
And then delete these last lines of my post please.
Looks like he was only 46. So sad.

http://camdennewjournal.com/article/dynamo-leads-tributes-to-award-winning-hampstead-magician-anthony-owen
Holy smokes. How sad!
I find it curious that nowhere says how he passed

As being so young - it's unexpected

Although the Camden Journal [at the bottom of the article] has the Samaritans number suggesting that this was suicide

I have had a couple of friends pass that way - I just think trying to not say [or hide] a suicide because of some out dated notion that it is somehow embarrassing - doesn't help others with depression

I'm only presuming that this is what happened and why they haven't mentioned the cause - and obviously this is no reflection on Anthony, but rather on the state of reporting this type of matter

Many very successful and seemingly happy people have succumb – and if you are feeling 'bad' it's always good to talk to someone [anyone] as you are important to many people... anyway I wish everyone who knew him and his family the best

x
[quote]On Apr 17, 2019, The Duster wrote:

Although the Camden Journal [at the bottom of the article] has the Samaritans number suggesting that this was suicide

I have had a couple of friends pass that way - I just think trying to not say [or hide] a suicide because of some out dated notion that it is somehow embarrassing - doesn't help others with depression

I'm only presuming that this is what happened and why they haven't mentioned the cause - and obviously this is no reflection on Anthony, but rather on the state of reporting this type of matter

Many very successful and seemingly happy people have succumb – and if you are feeling 'bad' it's always good to talk to someone [anyone] as you are important to many people... anyway I wish everyone who knew him and his family the best

x [/quote]

Under English law, if someone dies unexpectedly and/or not under the care of a doctor, there is usually an inquest in which the cause of death will be determined by a Coroner.
RIP Anthony ...
Really sad to lose another great one.

Best

Steve
RIP Anthony Very Sad News
Best,
Jeffrey
Always sorry to hear when someone dies so young. RIP
RIP Anthony. A talented and generous man he was
RIP Anthony.
Quite shocking to hear such sad news. Rest in peace Anthony Owen. I am a big fan of your magic.
Just saw this. Very, very sad...
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Apr 18, 2019 04:49PM)
So heartbreaking to hear such bad news. Life is so precious and short. We are here for a such a short time. I wish the Owen family the best as Anthony has left three kids, who no longer have a father.

RIP Anthony. You were a creative force; I have enjoyed your magic and Objective Productions for years. May you find peace...

Sean
'We are creating a book of tributes and memories of our good friend Anthony who passed away on April 12th 2019.'http://www.anthonyowenfoundation.com/
Http://www.anthonyowenfoundation.com
'The world of magic is grieving but the loss we’re all feeling is dwarfed by that of Anthony’s young family. Let’s work some real magic here. Please give if you can and retweet this more than he posted adverts for Secrets. x' https://www.gofundme.com/f/anthony-owen-family-fund
[quote]On Apr 17, 2019, The Duster wrote:

x [/quote]

This weeks update

Andy Nyman writes: This week was the inquest into the death of our dear friend Anthony Owen. It was concluded that tragically Anthony took his own life. Anthony was one of the kindest, sweetest, most creative and best-loved figures in the magic world, so the fact that he kept his mental health and work pressures a dark secret came as a terrible shock to so many of us. The male 'code of silence' is a devastating one that means that for men under 45, suicide is the largest cause of death. If you are struggling at all, you can call CALM - the male suicide helpline on 0800 58 58 58 (nationwide) or 0808 802 58 58 (London). You can also visit the website and chat online at www.thecalmzone.net.
Presuming that ‘work pressures’ was a reason is very disingenuous imho. Nobody knows what was going through Anthony’s mind. Various stories have surfaced about things that happened in the years leading up to his decision to take his own life. Let’s celebrate his life rather than trying to attribute cause. R.I.P. Anthony, you are missed.
Missed this until now, sad news indeed. Only this weekend I was doing Anthony's Ultimate Oil & Water again after looking through an old box of stuff I haven't done for years.
R.I.P.