(Close Window)
Topic: Tractor Beam
This looks cool! I saw it on the Genii Forum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaEh6Kj52RE
Is the beam part of the trick or just convenient misdirection for the other way this accomplished?
[quote]On Apr 25, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
Is the beam part of the trick or just convenient misdirection for the other way this accomplished? [/quote]

Are you asking if it's real magic? I think it's a trick MagicBrent.
Yeah I just meant if itís part of an anchor and performance vs. a diversion. Itís a peculiar looking laser pointer and I didnít know if at least held special supplies.
Kinda silly.
I remember he did something similar back in the 80s using a flash light that involved th - - ad
I kind of like that. It provides some fun misdirection for whatever method you're using for the animation.

Maybe for a two phase idea, you first set a laser to "low" or "medium" and use it to move a crumpled bill. Then you put the bill in a bulldog clip hanging from a rope, crank up the setting to "high" and incinerate the bill completely - http://ahouseoffire.com/p39p.html
I contacted John and he says it's entirely self contained in the laser pointer. No palmed or hidden devices and no advance preparation. It looks quite intriguing to me.
It does look kinda cool. And I love things that are self contained...but not sure I have ever seen a laser pointer look like that? Which kind of makes it look like a magic trick and not an organic item.

Just my initial impression. Curious to see any reviews that may come in.

That Laser Flash Jr by House of Fire that Maxfields posted about also looks pretty cool.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
It does look kinda cool. And I love things that are self contained...but not sure I have ever seen a laser pointer look like that?[/quote]
It looks different and it IS different - it makes things move.