(Close Window)
Topic: "The Watch" by Joao Miranda
Well, I've waited a long time for this, I've been patient and kept my hard earned money in my pocket....until now...

The Turner Boys nearly had me but I'd heard rumours about this a long time ago from Joao.

My order is in with the man himself.

Check this out...

http://www.joaomiranda.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=109&search=watch
...and there are currently 5 Turner watches for sale on the Cafť.Hmmmm...
[quote]On May 6, 2019, Pit Boss wrote:
...and there are currently 5 Turner watches for sale on the Cafť.Hmmmm... [/quote]

Does one need a certain amount of posts to access the "for sale" section of the forum?
Yes you need 50 post.
[quote]On May 6, 2019, Krazyjay wrote:
Yes you need 50 post. [/quote]

Thanks. I'll get to work on that.
I take it.... the difference between T Watch and The Watch is .... the T Watch uses and needs for an app/phone where the Watch doesn't.
Anyone know the differences in thickness of each?
Thanks
[b]. . . finally it has arrived[/b]. :)

I had said it elsewhere and may I say it here as well:-

Jo„o Miranda is a Tech Savvy creator. Most of his creations are based on electronics (electro-mechanical). He has a good and proven track record of releasing quality electronic based magic props which are very well thought out and are well adapted/suited to magic. Coupled with every prop that's released by Jo„o, you also receive varied and well thought out performance ideas, methods and routines. IMO this is worth much more than just the prop being sold as is.

[quote]On May 6, 2019, wardmagic wrote:

I take it.... the difference between T Watch and The Watch is .... the T Watch uses and needs for an app/phone where the Watch doesn't.
Anyone know the differences in thickness of each?
[/quote]

After watching the demo videos as well the photos in the sales Ad, I see that Joao's watch is on the thicker side.

[quote]On May 6, 2019, Pit Boss wrote:

...and there are currently 5 Turner watches for sale on the Cafť.Hmmmm... [/quote]

[b]IMO, with the release of 'The Watch' by Jo„o Miranda, the Turner days have come to an end. Like I had discussed the matter (just a couple of days ago) with few of my friends here on the Cafť, you will now see a spate of Turner watches popping up at the Cafť's Buy-n-Sell at great bargain prices but with few takers[/b].

IMO, the retail price for 'The Watch' is a bit on the higher side. $350 - $375 would have been a good selling price that would have certainly brought in a whooping sales . . . but the creator knows best. :)

I have gone through the sales Ad. The only concern I have is regarding the transmitting range which is just about 20 feet. If 20 feet is the maximum distance, then this could be a cause of concern in certain performing venues/atmospheric conditions/environment. RF (Radio Frequency) is known to be quite moody so to say. However we shall soon know and learn more on the range part.

:xmas:
I just got my T-Watch and just saw JM's Watch. Here are my comments:
1. JM looks thicker than T-W.
2. JM does not run on a normal battery watch, so you need to charge it every 2 weeks or so. You never need to charge/recharge T-W!
3. The remote on JM is HUGE (as in very thick)! This also means you cannot use it in plain sight.
4. JM is about $50 more expensive than the latest price of T-W (which went up in the last offer to $396.
5. I prefer the looks of the T-W - classy and stylish. But this is really a matter of taste.
[quote]On May 6, 2019, patapon wrote:
2. JM does not run on a normal battery watch, so you need to charge it every 2 weeks or so. You never need to charge/recharge T-W!
3. The remote on JM is HUGE (as in very thick)! This also means you cannot use it in plain sight.
4. JM is about $50 more expensive than the latest price of T-W (which went up in the last offer to $396.
5. I prefer the looks of the T-W - classy and stylish. But this is really a matter of taste. [/quote]

Iím a fan of tuner watch as well. Iíve had mind from the very beginning..
I have seen the watch and will have it very soon. Here is something many are over looking. App development is expensive and time consuming. At around 350-450 users of turner watch what will happen in 3-5 years when turner guys are not able to sale watches any longer as the consumer base has been exhausted. When apple changes their IOS platform and they will. Will the turner guys keep rebuilding and recoding their app when no more money is coming in from
The watch venture? Again, this would
No longer be a business but a charity.

Both systems offer pros and cons. I think a remote and a system that users no Bluetooth offer benefits. The iOS app/turner has some great functions as well.
The remote is not large. I can palm in fine. It can be in my pocket perfectly fine.
Agree with everyone's concerns about the Turner boys not updating the app for future releases of the ios (already Zodiac by Theory 11 has stopped being updated since a year+ ago) but that really applies to all magic/other apps, so I try to make purchase decisions on app-based effects based on how much I have to pay for them against how much I would use them within the expected time frame when the ios will get a major update, and thus not support apps built on older versions.

At this point, from what I know, the current ios would probably be good for at least another 2 years; but it would be greatly appreciated if someone on this forum could provide a more qualified estimate.

Again, love the T-W, especially how I can use the remote in plain sight ;-)

Patapon Posted: May 6, 2019 08:08 pm

5. I prefer the looks of the T-W - classy and stylish. But this is really a matter of taste.

From what I hear the Turner boys are developing/creating their own remote? If this is going to happen then it would come down to a matter of preference. I agree with Patapon
I would say this I do love my turner watch but I am really intrigue about the watch if the turner boys are doing there on remote beside the phone app I really rather see what will come up of it first plus I would like to see reviews on the watch before making a decision again I have no problems with my turner watch it works great but I do want to know more on the watch
Itís a shame but I just know Iíd go wrong pushing buttons in my pocket
[quote]On May 7, 2019, cardbiker wrote:

Itís a shame but I just know Iíd go wrong pushing buttons in my pocket [/quote]

Practice my friend practice . . . a little bit of practice. ;)

[quote]On May 6, 2019, Justin Lewis wrote:
[quote]On May 6, 2019, patapon wrote:
5. I prefer the looks of the T-W - classy and stylish. But this is really a matter of taste. [/quote]

Iím a fan of tuner watch as well. Iíve had mind from the very beginning..
I have seen the watch and will have it very soon. Here is something many are over looking. App development is expensive and time consuming. At around 350-450 users of turner watch what will happen in 3-5 years when turner guys are not able to sale watches any longer as the consumer base has been exhausted. When apple changes their IOS platform and they will. Will the turner guys keep rebuilding and recoding their app when no more money is coming in from
The watch venture? Again, this would
No longer be a business but a charity.

Both systems offer pros and cons. I think a remote and a system that users no Bluetooth offer benefits. The iOS app/turner has some great functions as well.
The remote is not large. I can palm in fine. It can be in my pocket perfectly fine. [/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with both posts. In case the Turner Boys are developing a remote it would make the Turner Watch without doubt the absolute No.1 ! You would have all choices and do any routine.
Plus: I still appreciate that the Turner Boys kept it pretty much a secret, sacrificing higher Sales, there was not much advertising: that should be the way to go.
The JM Watch is out for an hour and people discussing it everywhere in open forums :-(

Regarding App development: I would pay every other year a certain amount for an APP Update. And other Turner users would do that too, I am sure.... So they could easily finance the development

So I am loyal to my turner watch ;-)
Joao Miranda is the James Bond of magic!
His productsí quality is always top notch and his engineering is out of this world.
The Watch is a killer.
I love how quick, quiet itís operation is and the verification of the transmission offers the performer a peace of mind.

[youtube]bThcAwJ3kJs[/youtube]

It comes in three beautiful models:

[url=https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=63694]Black Classic[/url]

[url=https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=63695]White Classic[/url]

[url=https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=63696]Chrome Classic[/url]

Best regards,

Titanas

---
Great point by kebmo3108 which I completely forgot to mention... I love the secrecy and limited availability that the Turner boys have built into their product!

Now that this excellent point has been mentioned, I'm guessing far more people will know its a "trick watch" when the see the performer using the JM than compared to someone wearing the T-W. After all, what do you see when you go to JM's homepage (or any other magic online store in the world for that matter?) - a :trick watch" for sale!

I'll bet nobody knows where to find the T-W (pun intended!).

Nonetheless, looking forward to your reviews if you do buy the JM!
From the Turner side... (was posted on FaceBook)

""""""""""
Obviously there's lot buzz & talk about JM new Watch - and yes, it does have a remote. However...for all those jumping ship and desperate to sell their watches, I would encourage you to hold on to your TW. Your watch is far slimmer and better looking with more functionality than the JM Watch - and once the TW remote has graduated Beta Testing...you'll have wished you'd held onto it. In addition to the TW updates, there are alternative input methods coming up within the next 4 weeks. I'll post a video as soon as there's something new to show!
"""""""""""

Personally I would like to say that in the end it will be a matter of preference. Claiming that one watch is so much better than the other is just childish and not right.
It is no more than normal that "The watch" is pushed by the dealers; they earn from it! They have no profit on the TW.
Which watch would you like better as a dealer?
Guess you have to buy the additional remote from Turner, so itís price will also rise up.

Itís a pity that this effect is so overrun and explained everywhere right now. :(
[quote]On May 7, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:

""""""""""
Obviously there's lot buzz & talk about JM new Watch - and yes, it does have a remote. However...for all those jumping ship and desperate to sell their watches, I would encourage you to hold on to your TW. Your watch is far slimmer and better looking with more functionality than the JM Watch - and once the TW remote has graduated Beta Testing...you'll have wished you'd held onto it. In addition to the TW updates, there are alternative input methods coming up within the next 4 weeks. I'll post a video as soon as there's something new to show!
"""""""""""
[/quote]

Where did you find this statement? I couldn't... Jan
[quote]On May 7, 2019, JanForster wrote:

""""""""""
"""""""""""
[/quote]

Where did you find this statement? I couldn't... Jan [/quote]

In the "Secret Turner Chat" - facebook group - Sam Dixon, the admin posted it
Everybody saying the Turner watch has no remote? Yes it does and it hides in plane sight.Also someone said a statement ( The Turner days are over )That a bold statement. I highly doubt that.I do love Joao effects and has always had the best customer service. Time will tell about the Turner boys as of customer so far they have been really good from what I have read. SO with both these watches ( I have the Turner watch ) and love it and time will tell if it stays around ( Support )from the Turner boys. I don't have Joao watch and most likely wont unless the watch I do have wont work anymore. I like the looks of the Turner watch more and also not having to use a ten key remote that you have to keep hidden somewhere.
[quote]On May 7, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
Everybody saying the Turner watch has no remote? Yes it does and it hides in plane sight.Also someone said a statement ( The Turner days are over )That a bold statement. I highly doubt that.I do love Joao effects and has always had the best customer service. Time will tell about the Turner boys as of customer so far they have been really good from what I have read. SO with both these watches ( I have the Turner watch ) and love it and time will tell if it stays around ( Support )from the Turner boys. I don't have Joao watch and most likely wont unless the watch I do have wont work anymore. I like the looks of the Turner watch more and also not having to use a ten key remote that you have to keep hidden somewhere. [/quote]

Have to agree I am sticking with my Turner Watch
Hi Guys,

Joao Miranda here.

The response on the watch has been amazing and I am SUPER happy with that.

A lot of people is comparing THE WATCH with other marketed versions, so I thought I would mention bellow the main differences:

1 - Besides the remote vibrating after the hands of the watch move into the correct time, when you insert the hour first the remote vibrates and when you insert the minutes it also vibrates, so you know you successfully placed the time. If you start to input a hour or minute by a wrong number the remote will buzz two times warning that you did a mistake.

2 - The watch gives precise time if you wish to use it everyday and the battery lasts for 2 weeks. You will never need to go to a watchmaker to change the battery, ever.

3 - Once the time is inputted the remote is sending the information EVERY SECOND until the watch hands move. This makes the effect VERY reliable.

4 - There is a 15 second delay mode that you can turn the watch into. This allows for a HANDS FREE REVEAL (you can for example show the wrong time and when you pass the hand magically over the watch the time changes)

5 - The remote has a LED that always lets you know if you are connected to the watch, and also alerts you when its time to charge the watch and remote battery.

6 - You turn the watch ON by just passing a magnet in it. And you turn it OFF either by the magnet or by simply typing the code 9050 in the remote.

7 - The watch hands move forward and backwards. We created a complex ALGORITHM that calculates if the hands should move forward or backwards, saving time to reach the desired time.

This are just a FEW but important differences between THE WATCH and other marketed versions.

I wont be giving my personal opinion ever on the competition (here or anywhere else) because would not be fair to others and I personally think that magicians can make up their mind to decide which version they like the most.

Thank you for reading.

Joao
Do the hands of the watch move by turning the crown?
[quote]On May 7, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

Do the hands of the watch move by turning the crown? [/quote]

No.

If that was possible, we would have had an almost ultimate watch gizmo that could do both:-

#1. The prior predicted time set by the performer on the watch matches the spectators thought of time.

#2. The freely selected time set by the spectator on the watch is predicted by the performer. IMO this is a much more powerful effect of the two, since the spectator handles the watch and sets the time all by himself.

For now, both the 'T' Watch as well as The Watch, can only perform Test #1 mentioned above. The day one of the creators of WATCH MAGIC creates a watch that can also do Test #2, we shall have a great prop. But alas, this is not possible with the presently prevailing versions of Hybrid watch technology.

Though I was hoping that Joao Miranda would come up with a watch that could do both Tests #1 & #2. But sadly Test #2 still remains to be solved.

The Turner Watch ist slimmer and more innocence. Thatīs one of the main reasons I prefer it. the remote may have some advantages at the moment, but its a matter of your routine. I have performed perfect time (Rich Bloch) for 25 years with great success. We are talking here just about gadgets. Each of these technical solutions can be great in the right context.
It is great when so many innovators come to their own solutions. So the Miranda watch is a great development.
For me, the look of the watch is in a kind of "too perfect effect" essential, so I prefer the turner watch and even the Perfect time Seico version. But this is a matter of taste.

But what I really hate, is that Miranda shows at his Page - which is open the public the remote control and explains the working of the effect.
that's not ok and spoils this effect for magicians who perform the effect. When profit is more important for creators then responsibility for their customers and for the magic, it is very sad.
Further to my above comment, for my own experiment I did search and found a Hybrid watch whose hands could be moved using the crown. But that too could not be used to carryout Test #2. This is the watch I am talking about:-

Timex Women's IQ+ Move Activity Tracker Smart Watch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS5L9ON/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back on topic please.

[quote]On May 7, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

No.

If that was possible, we would have had an almost ultimate watch gizmo that could do both:-

#1. The prior predicted time set by the performer on the watch matches the spectators thought of time.

#2. The freely selected time set by the spectator on the watch is predicted by the performer. IMO this is a much more powerful effect of the two, since the spectator handles the watch and sets the time all by himself.

For now, both the 'T' Watch as well as The Watch, can only perform Test #1 mentioned above. The day one of the creators of WATCH MAGIC creates a watch that can also do Test #2, we shall have a great prop. But alas, this is not possible with the presently prevailing versions of Hybrid watch technology.

Though I was hoping that Joao Miranda would come up with a watch that could do both Tests #1 & #2. But sadly Test #2 still remains to be solved.

:xmas: [/quote]

Well, the Force Time feature on the T Watch allows for #2, but the time is set by the spectator at random without looking at the face
[quote]On May 7, 2019, TuneHV wrote:

Well, the Force Time feature on the T Watch allows for #2, but the time is set by the spectator at random without looking at the face [/quote]

Sorry - NO.

I have written a lot on the so called 'T' Watch Force Time feature. This is merrily a pseudo time force. This can also be done with our new entrant 'The Watch', in fact Joao has an effect on the Force Time.

I am talking about a true Force time that the spectator can see the hands moving and then the spectator sets the time of his choosing and the magi then predicts the time. For now this is simply not possible.

I had mentioned and may I please quote:-

[quote]On May 6, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

[b]. . . you will now see a spate of Turner watches popping up at the Cafť's Buy-n-Sell at great bargain prices but with few takers[/b].
[/quote]

This is a very good opportunity for all those interested in getting a 'T' Watch. One might like to checkout the Cafť's Buy-n-Sell section where a few 'T' watches are available at a bargain. One of the watch has a low resale price tag of just $265.00. If you LIKE them . . . GRAB them. :)

No.

With all respect, I do not agree:
I think #1 is stronger: putting down a prediciton of a thought of time BEFORE (!) you ask them to think of a random time is a miracle. Nothing can top this !

#2 using the time forece is also strong if you do it like Josh Jounousky - writing down the prediction beforehand or having a second watch in a pouch with the predicted time set. You have to show that it was done before the trick even started .... .... I wouldnīt do #2 as I mindreading effect .. it might just look like a peek.... no need for a 400 USD watch in this case :-)

#1 can be done of course with both watches , .....
[quote]On May 7, 2019, TuneHV wrote:

Well, the Force Time feature on the T Watch allows for #2, but the time is set by the spectator at random without looking at the face [/quote]

Sorry - NO.

I have written a lot on the so called 'T' Watch Force Time feature. This is merrily a pseudo time force. This can also be done with our new entrant 'The Watch', in fact Joao has an effect on the Force Time.

I am talking about a true Force time that the spectator can see the hands moving and then the spectator sets the time of his choosing and the magi then predicts the time. For now this is simply not possible.

I had mentioned and may I please quote:-

[quote]On May 6, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

[b]. . . you will now see a spate of Turner watches popping up at the Cafť's Buy-n-Sell at great bargain prices but with few takers[/b].
[/quote]

This is a very good opportunity for all those interested in getting a 'T' Watch. One might like to checkout the Cafť's Buy-n-Sell section where a few 'T' watches are available at a bargain. One of the watch has a low resale price tag of just $265.00. If you LIKE them . . . GRAB them. :)

Actually you CAN show the hands moving when you spin the knob, then have them continue to twist and press it in. Its shown on the instructions when Chris demonstrates the force time feature. Its a subtly many have mentioned as well
[quote]On May 7, 2019, JustJoshinMagic wrote:

Actually you CAN show the hands moving when you spin the knob, then have them continue to twist and press it in. Its shown on the instructions when Chris demonstrates the force time feature. Its a subtly many have mentioned as well [/quote]

Yes I agree, its a nice pseudo method. All such watches adopts this method including the good oldies (non hybrid watches). However, like I mentioned, I am talking about the physical and true movements of the hands using the crown.

BTW, I own a 'T' watch and I am in no mood of selling it. :) I will also be getting 'The Watch'.

If the hands don't move when turning the crown, it simply means that the spectators won't be able to examine the watch after the effect (and that's the very first thing any spectator will want to do, in real world situations). As such, you are left with expensive non-examinable magic props, which can be used only in specific settings. I'll pass once again, and wait for the next watch
[quote]On May 7, 2019, highmagic wrote:

If the hands don't move when turning the crown, it simply means that the spectators won't be able to examine the watch after the effect (and that's the very first thing any spectator will want to do, in real world situations). As such, you are left with expensive non-examinable magic props, which can be used only in specific settings. [b]I'll pass once again, and wait for the next watch[/b] [/quote]

No . . no . . . . . no . . no, it's not so. :bg: With ones great thinking and ingenuity, one should be able to make the best out of the available props.

I purchased this watch immediately and I am sure I am going to enjoy the Joao watch!!!
I'm Very excited to get it.

This is a MILLION times better than the Turner watch.
I remember Oz's performance with the Turner watch.
Sorry guys..but what time is it?
One significant issue with the T watch for me in testing was:

1) The use of Bluetooth which is prone to interference- has very limited range especially in a banquet room filled with over 500. Bluetooth is not the best tech for any of these devices. The new Joao Watch does not use unreliable BT.

2) The bigger issue was also the T watch engineering seems to have created whatís known as a ďFaraday CageĒ whereas the back of the watch served to block the BT signal from your phone. That also limited distance in surprising ways at times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

I liked my T watch. I just couldnít completely trust it. Even with its own remote it would still be using inferior BT.
How thick is the Watch? (Looks pretty thick)
Thick watches are a popular style. Bottom line is what I care about is which watch offers the most reliability first.
[quote]We created a complex ALGORITHM[/quote]

Let me try:
newHourAngle = 30*newHour + 30 * newMinutes / 60;
oldHourAngle = 30*oldHour + 30 * oldMinutes / 60;

delta = newHourAngle - oldHourAngle;
if (delta < 30) delta += 360;

moveHourForward = delta <= 180;

// do the same for the minutes
Looks like these guys offer the BEST deal on the watches. If I am reading it correctly, you are getting free shipping, $11 reward points and $30 from the "$300 Monthly Achievement." That is $41 back in store credit!!

[url=https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/the-watch-black-classic-gimmicks-and-online-instructions-by-joao-miranda-p-28944.html/?referrer=CNWR_167291448488650]https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/the-watch-black-classic-gimmicks-and-online-instructions-by-joao-miranda-p-28944.html[/url]
[quote]On May 7, 2019, paperinick wrote:

Let me try:

// do the same for the minutes [/quote]

The Watch was not made in a Kindergarten.
[quote]On May 7, 2019, paperinick wrote:

Let me try:

// do the same for the minutes [/quote]

😂 ..
....complex for the average magician (like me) who is usually handling rather less complicated items like cards , coins and sponge balls ..
Yeah, I agree, it's would be really complex for Kindergarten math. Multiplications, integer divisions, comparisons.
I appreciate the nice marketing angle, and lots of people here of course can't really understand the real complexity (tip of my hat) of a watch like this, but come'n!
Thanks for the smile. Congrats for the release.
I am a victim.
Love my Turner watch but will Most likely also go for the JM watch.

I am sure it is high quality.

Very close to Hit the button.
[quote]....complex for the average magician[/quote]
Sure! But I found it offensive towards the founding fathers of computer science, that's why I had to comment (I had no intention to offend).
P.S. typing it was the slowest part of it for me. Interesting problem that can be expanded in a job interview question. :)
The fact that you receive a confirmation that the hands are now in the correct position is a huge plus.
[quote]On May 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:
The fact that you receive a confirmation that the hands are now in the correct position is a huge plus. [/quote]

EXACTLY!

The T Watch is one way only - no feedback.
The fact that you receive a confirmation that the hands are now in the correct position is a huge plus. [/quote]
This is so wrong.
You DO NOT receive a confirmation that the hands are in the correct position. You receive a notification that the hands are in the position that you have input on the remote. If you made a mistake there, they are NOT at the position that you wanted.
Semantics...
[quote]On May 7, 2019, saysold1 wrote:

EXACTLY!

The T Watch is one way only - no feedback. [/quote]

Plus, I always felt that the T boys tried to imply that you got confirmation that the input was received, but in reality it was only confirmation that it had been SENT. Confirmation for receiving is FAR more important and helpful than being sent.
[quote]On May 7, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Semantics... [/quote]
Really? If you work with a (hidden) remote every day, you know how insidious it can be. Let alone with a remote with 10 buttons. A great opportunity has been missed here. A remote with 4 clear buttons had been more than sufficient and even faster. (people who use inject with a remote will understand).
Having choice in a marketplace is a good problem to have. That we're even having this discussion is a testament to innovation and advancement. Everyone is different and has preferences unique to their wants and needs in a watch that can do what these do. I think this is a win-win for us all. I think what the market really needs is more ambitious card moves. (Kidding.)

Watch magic... It's about time. :)
[quote]On May 7, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Having choice in a marketplace is a good problem to have. That we're even having this discussion is a testament to innovation and advancement. Everyone is different and has preferences unique to their wants and needs in a watch that can do what these do. I think this is a win-win for us all. I think what the market really needs is more ambitious card moves. (Kidding.)

Watch magic... It's about time. :) [/quote]

Totally agree Nathan.
I LOVE having options!!!

[b]A great opportunity has been missed here. A remote with 4 clear buttons had been more than sufficient and even faster. (people who use inject with a remote will understand)[/b]. [/quote]

You make a very valid and good point. While designing 'The Watch' the creators should have considered this important and useful feature. I agree the opportunity has been missed.

[b]A great opportunity has been missed here. A remote with 4 clear buttons had been more than sufficient and even faster. (people who use inject with a remote will understand)[/b]. [/quote]

You make a very valid and good point. While designing 'The Watch' the creators should have considered this important and useful feature. I agree the opportunity has been missed.

If you use it with Android you can do this today with the T-W. Just find the right facebook group for instructions ;)
[quote]On May 7, 2019, videoman wrote:
[quote]On May 7, 2019, saysold1 wrote:

EXACTLY!

The T Watch is one way only - no feedback. [/quote]

Plus, I always felt that the T boys tried to imply that you got confirmation that the input was received, but in reality it was only confirmation that it had been SENT. Confirmation for receiving is FAR more important and helpful than being sent. [/quote]

I don't think that is the case though. You get a vibration if the watch has received the packet. What's better is that the new one seems more resilient. But unless you perform in a electromagnetic noisy environment, it should not make a difference.
Unexpected and very welcome video received from Joao today following my order for "The Watch" via his website.

The video includes further information about "The Watch" and the content is impressive.

1. Award winning low transmitter technology

2. Instant battery bank

3. Electronics build quality

4. Send & Receive technology

5. Magnetic activation

6. Swedish Motors design

7. Watch & Face design

8. Secret Modes

9. Battery Level Indication

10. Simple & Effective methodology
Https://youtu.be/y1dMEcXxbG4 Here is a review if not already posted
[quote]On May 7, 2019, gassaox wrote:
Https://youtu.be/y1dMEcXxbG4 Here is a review if not already posted [/quote]

Very impressive that Mark can talk and translate into morse code simultaneously via blinking.
Any word on a warranty?
[quote]On May 7, 2019, videoman wrote:
[quote]On May 7, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:

Watch magic... It's about time. :) [/quote]

Totally agree Nathan.
I LOVE having options!!! [/quote]

My wallet doesn't love having so many options... but, otherwise, yes.
With so many versions of this effect on the market, how worried are you all about exposure? I feel like what originally made me OK with spending so much money on a prop that really only does one thing was the fact that it was a fairly exclusive prop. With three different versions now on the market, Iím hesitant to buy. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Waterproof watch? A black face, black chrome casing model would have been a nice option to include. Would go with my midnight black Shepra sharpie.

No.

The Infinity V2 can do both - of course not so advanced but possible!
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
With so many versions of this effect on the market, how worried are you all about exposure? I feel like what originally made me OK with spending so much money on a prop that really only does one thing was the fact that it was a fairly exclusive prop. With three different versions now on the market, Iím hesitant to buy. Would love to hear your thoughts. [/quote]

Iam with you on this Hudson Lee.
We should buy it now and wait 1-2 years.
[quote]On May 7, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Semantics... [/quote]
Really? If you work with a (hidden) remote every day, you know how insidious it can be. Let alone with a remote with 10 buttons. A great opportunity has been missed here. A remote with 4 clear buttons had been more than sufficient and even faster. (people who use inject with a remote will understand). [/quote]

Hi.

In fact if we used 4 buttons would be MUCH more difficult than having 10. I know because we first tested with 4 and it was a complete nightmare.

One might think its a lot of buttons but trust me.. it is not.

When I designed this product I wanted the magician to instantly place any time without thinking or making calculations and hesitating by doing so.

In fact you can place ANY hour and ANY minute is less than 3 seconds with 100% accuracy without even thinking, and by simply going to grab a sharpie for example. The buttons are raised enough that you can feel them thru the pants and strong enough so that you don't accidentally press them.

The remote is very small and super easy to PALM as well.

Besides this and in the case of the Watch which was specifically designed for the solo performer, the input source is never seen which makes the effect very hard to track even for the most suspicious spectator.
I really think all is about your routining... I admit that I got (2) Perfect Time, the TW and now also JoaoĎs watch. While I can imagine using the TW still in close-up settings, Joaoís watch will become my piece I use in my stage routine... and the remote will be not in my pocket ;) Jan
[quote]On May 8, 2019, JanForster wrote:
I really think all is about your routining... I admit that I got (2) Perfect Time, the TW and now also JoaoĎs watch. While I can imagine using the TW still in close-up settings, Joaoís watch will become my piece I use in my stage routine... and the remote will be not in my pocket ;) Jan [/quote]

As usual, Jan hits the nail on the head here. I have the T watch as well and for informal settings, or perhaps still my professional strolling, the T watch will still be my go to. The feedback though that this watch gives will make it much more reliable for stage use, which is what I purchased it for. 2 very different products that both have merit.
[quote]On May 8, 2019, elimagic wrote:
I really think all is about your routining... I admit that I got (2) Perfect Time, the TW and now also JoaoĎs watch. While I can imagine using the TW still in close-up settings, Joaoís watch will become my piece I use in my stage routine... and the remote will be not in my pocket ;) Jan [/quote]
As usual, Jan hits the nail on the head here. I have the T watch as well and for informal settings, or perhaps still my professional strolling, the T watch will still be my go to. The feedback though that this watch gives will make it much more reliable for stage use, which is what I purchased it for. 2 very different products that both have merit. [/quote]

I can live with that :-)
As a wrote before in this thread: "Personally I would like to say that in the end it will be a matter of preference. Claiming that one watch is so much better than the other is just childish and not right. "
Hey Joao, you are not using BT for the communication. Correct? In that case did you develop your own?
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:
[quote]On May 8, 2019, elimagic wrote:
As usual, Jan hits the nail on the head here. I have the T watch as well and for informal settings, or perhaps still my professional strolling, the T watch will still be my go to. The feedback though that this watch gives will make it much more reliable for stage use, which is what I purchased it for. 2 very different products that both have merit. [/quote]

I can live with that :-)
As a wrote before in this thread: "Personally I would like to say that in the end it will be a matter of preference. Claiming that one watch is so much better than the other is just childish and not right. " [/quote]

Now I could be wrong but It looks to me that Jo„o has exploited the inherent shortcomings of previous iterations and produced his own Ďworkable in the real worldí version.
And thereís already The Watch being sold on here!!!

Is this a Watch apocalypse???

This is crazy!
I canít keep up. My head hurts.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=693050&forum=76
[quote]On May 8, 2019, mikenewman wrote:

This is crazy!

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=693050&forum=76 [/quote]
This is not a second hand sell. He is an authorized dealer
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Justin Lewis wrote:

This is crazy!

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=693050&forum=76 [/quote]
This is not a second hand sell. He is an authorized dealer [/quote]

Is he permitted to sell below retail price?
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Justin Lewis wrote:

This is crazy!

This is not a second hand sell. He is an authorized dealer [/quote]

No idea 💡

Is he permitted to sell below retail price? [/quote]
So, I guess the story of needing cash is not true?!

It's not really fair to the magic shops if he sells them here...
[quote]On May 8, 2019, ArtIn wrote:

No.

[/quote]

[b]The Infinity V2 can do both - of course not so advanced but possible![/b] [/quote]

[b]YES, the Infinity watch can do both[/b].

With the Infinity, one can allow the spectator to freely handle the watch, pull out the crown, check the movements of the hands by turning the crown and then, after the spectator has been satisfied that the Infinity is nothing but one normal watch, the performer then proceeds with his act.

[b]OK, for the first time I will be sharing MY way of performing the effect using the Infinity[/b]:-

1. The spectator is now asked to place the watch face down on his palm and set an unknown time that neither the performer nor the spectator knows. After setting the time the spectator is asked to push the crown in.

2. The watch is then picked up by the performer and is hung by its strap on a stand facing the performer. Obviously at this stage the performer now knows the unknown time set on the watch.

3. Now, while the performer telepathically tries to send the spectator the time set on the watch, the spectator is asked to guess the time he set on the watch. The spectator takes a guess.

4. The spectator is then asked to come and pick-up the watch from the stand and show it to all (at this stage, the performer is nowhere near the watch). And Waala, the spectator has guessed the time correctly. The spectator is the HERO of the day! :)

At this stage, if need be, the spectator can once again play with the Infinity watch to his hearts content and nobody will be any wiser.

Hope the above makes sense.

And with that, do we see the INFINITY sales getting a big boost :worry: NO :exclaim: OK never mind. :bg:

Enjoy! :)

Back on topic please.

[quote]On May 8, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
So, I guess the story of needing cash is not true?!

It's not really fair to the magic shops if he sells them here... [/quote]
Didnít see that. Not sure. I donít understand that part, perhaps this is something he bought himself this time.
Further to my above post:

For obvious reasons, it's important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the performer will be within +/- 5 minutes.

With VI's 10% off it is even cheaper from them.
I believe the dealers can set whatever price they wish.
[b]For[/b]
For obvious reasons, it's important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the [b]performer[/b] will be within +/- 5 minutes.

[b]Please Read[/b]
For obvious reasons, it is important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the [b]spectator[/b] will be within +/- 5 minutes.

Thank you.

Thank you so much Narendra!!!
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
[b]For[/b]
For obvious reasons, it's important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the [b]performer[/b] will be within +/- 5 minutes.

[b]Please Read[/b]
For obvious reasons, it is important to mention to the spectator and the audience that the time guessed by the [b]spectator[/b] will be within +/- 5 minutes.

Thank you.

Good Thiniking! I use mine with a (hidden) window envelope.
If this watch can be use everyday, is it water resistant? durability will be a concern if it is to be use as an everyday watch. None is mentioned about the quality of the watch other than what it can be used to perform.
It is true that Infinity watch allows the spect to pull out the crown etc., BUT as Ustaad pointed out, it is not that precise; besides, the performer must look at the face of the watch to get the time (approximately) right. And finally, it cannot be performed at a moment's notice, as you need to "prepare" it for performance. I sold it.

Miranda's watch seems superior on some aspects (just from the description, I don't have it and won't buy it) except for the crucial crown flaw. I'll wait for v2...
Received the JM watch but unfortunately cannot get it to turn on. Thinking I will have to return it. Could be user error but according to the video there should be nothing to it as they cover the process in 3 seconds.

One thing to note is that I got the chrome version and this type of band does not separate like a buckle strap which makes installing the battery a bit of a pain. Not a big deal but some may wish to keep that in mind.

Since I could not get it on I can give no further impressions other than the remote is intense. Itís obviously intended to be felt in a pocket or used in a noisy environment. I often perform in a very quiet environment and was hoping to possibly palm it but not sure that it wonít be heard.
One question please:
As far as I understand, the signal is only sent to the watch if there is a direct line between the remote and the watch, like with a TV remote . So if there is an obstacle between the remote and the watch, let's say a table it would not be possible to transfer the signal.
In other words a Performance seated on a dinner table is not possible if you want to hide the remote below the table on your lap , right ?

Thanks for clarifying in case someone knows the answer.
Well so far the word on the street is not too good right now on this product sadly. I think with this product proves is that creators absolutely must do extensive beta testing prior to a release. It is absolutely essential. Especially with something of this complexity. I wish the creator of the best, but unfortunately I think this one is going to disappoint based on what Iím hearing.
What has been said about it?
Time to rebuy your TW :)
To be honest I can't afford The Watch but I'm sure it's not only just fine, but pretty awesome. It's too soon to say it's not good. There's going to be a lot of happy buyers, and there should be. I'm also a happy buyer of the T-watch. Like I said before, these are good watches all around. Just choose what's most important to you and decide that way for those on the fence. I don't think you can lose with either.
My head still hurts. Lol

I think itís best to wait for all the dust to settle. Too much going on for both right now.

Iíd be better off buying the upcoming UBER stock! Or should I buy LYFT stock?
Ughhhhhh decisions!!!!

I will say this in all seriousness.

Iím truly thankful that the magic train is still moving. So thankful for creators releasing effects and gadgets and tricks.
Do we have some stops along the way to delay the journey? Yep. But the train gets going again.

Would be pretty boring without all the releases.

Iím definitely watching this stop for sure.

Get it? Watching. Stop. LMAO 😂
Iím dying from laughter here!!!!
And those that know me..... yep. Just drank a monster. Or was it a Bang or Red Bull? Which is better? Which will keep me hyper longer??

Ok.
Iím done.

Have a great day everyone. This is fun!!!
[quote]On May 9, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:
Time to rebuy your TW :) [/quote]

LOL!!! Yep, always in search of the latest and the greatest....even when it turns out that the latest may not, in fact, be the greatest!
[quote]On May 9, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
[quote]On May 9, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:
Time to rebuy your TW :) [/quote]

LOL!!! Yep, always in search of the latest and the greatest....even when it turns out that the latest may not, in fact, be the greatest! [/quote]

Ahh, but the chase is half the fun my friend!!!
I have got info from those who have physically received The Watch that there are a few hiccups which is a cause of concern mainly with regards to the Remote i.e. the noise factor as well as the line of sight communication between the watch and the remote.

I am a bit confused as to the kind of communication taking place between the remote and the watch. Is it RF or IR? Anyone who could please clarify.

More when I get the opportunity to play with THE WATCH (hopefully soon! ;)).

The noise is a non issue unless you perform in a library and with the windows closed. This happens the same with your phone vibration. You can always talk over it in that case because you are searching for a noise but not the audience.

Mark Traversoni talks about the remote in great detail here: https://youtu.be/y1dMEcXxbG4?t=1167

Regardless of that I stand behind every single product I produce and even beyond warranty.

We are here for our customers and we take each request (from real buyers) very seriously so if anyone ever has any issue with ANY of my products its a matter of emailing us and we will do our very best to help.

Joao
I'm very happy also to support Joao with my purchase of the watch.

This is a man who has an amazing record of creativity, product development and excellent customer service over a number of years.

Congratulations on the watch Joao !

Keep doing what you're doing.
Jo„o Mirandaís support is second to none. Iííve put an order in for The Watch - itís my biggest spend ever on a magic product but this is something Iíve been longing for. My mate has the turner watch and has never trusted the reliability enough to use it.
Hoping the noise is not an issue but I'm sure if it is, Joao will take care of it. His service is fantastic.
Jo„o took care of my Timeless like no one, his customer service is something I can comment on and it is outstanding.
[quote]On May 10, 2019, Jo„o Miranda wrote:

The noise is a non issue unless you perform in a library and with the windows closed. This happens the same with your phone vibration. You can always talk over it in that case because you are searching for a noise but not the audience.

Mark Traversoni talks about the remote in great detail here: https://youtu.be/y1dMEcXxbG4?t=1167

Regardless of that I stand behind every single product I produce and even beyond warranty.

We are here for our customers and we take each request (from real buyers) very seriously so if anyone ever has any issue with ANY of my products its a matter of emailing us and we will do our very best to help.

Joao [/quote]

Hi Jo„o,

In my previous post, as I mentioned, I have written based on info received from friends (reliable friends) who have physically handled the watch. However I will surely look into the noise & other related issues as soon as I get to play with THE WATCH myself.

I have no doubt in your products, creativity and customer support. And that's the reason I have always said all good things about you & your products on this very forum. And very well you know that. :)

Thank you.

Best regards,

Narendra

[b]And . . . [/b]

[quote]On May 10, 2019, Paul Fitzgerald wrote:

This is a man who has an amazing record of creativity, product development and excellent customer service over a number of years.
[/quote]

Yes, I too fully agree that Jo„o Mirandaís support is second to none. And that's one of the reasons I too support Jo„o for his creations as well as customer support.

I know . . . You know . . . We know . . . we all know it! :bg:

Just to confirm, the bands are standard and are easily replaceable, correct?
The remote noise is definitely LOUD.
For some this will be a benefit and for others it will be a problem.
Working pros at gigs shouldnít have any issue with it but casual performances may be limited to somewhat noisy environments which is a shame.

I generally perform one on one in a quiet office or meeting room and I would be very nervous performing this that the buzz may be detected. Iím pretty certain it would be in most cases so for me it is unfortunately a possible deal breaker. People hear what they hear and the idea that they wonít notice because they arenít listening for it only works if the sound is barely audible to them, just a smidge louder and theyíre wondering what that noise is. I guess I could tell them I am getting a phone call.
I have doubts that talking over it will be a viable solution but I wonít rule it out yet.

But if you perform around DJ's, bands, or lots of people talking then it will be perfect for you.
Too bad the intensity isnít user defined, or at least be turned off.
Personally I feel the vibration could be much more subtle and still easily felt in your pocket.
But again, have to test it and see to know with certainty.
[quote]On May 9, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Well so far the word on the street is not too good right now on this product sadly. I think with this product proves is that creators absolutely must do extensive beta testing prior to a release. It is absolutely essential. Especially with something of this complexity. I wish the creator of the best, but unfortunately I think this one is going to disappoint based on what Iím hearing. [/quote]
What's the word on the street?
I havenít bought ď The Watch ď as yet but it peeks my interest by far the most out of all the similar devices out there .
The reason is because of its dedicated remote and the features of it telling you that the business has been done , I fully understand everyoneís points raised in this thread but from my view point you have to hear something to know the message has been sent .
The reason being is if you strapped it to a sensitive body part like you can say with MD you wouldnít then be able to input the numbers easily , hence it has to be in a more appropriate place where you can do this .
To then detect the noise or the slight vibration you would need a louder noise from that accessible location if that makes sense ?
If the noise is too loud then surely you can cover the speaker with something or wrap it something so that you leave the important bits to work as they should .
Thatís my two cents but until I see one up close and personal I wont know for sure , however I would be amazed if Jo„o had overlooked this and it certainly seems solvable by the user to suit his or her own performance environment imo .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
I am sure the watch is a high quality item.

And how JM is handling all the rumours and talk from the street is high class !

Way to go!!
I couldnít agree more with you kebmo3108 👍
My watch unfortunately did not work right out of the box. Disappointing of course but I was never worried for a second that I wouldnít soon have a perfectly working model. Joao personally reached out to me of his own initiative and offered to make things right immediately. He stands by his products and gives outstanding customer service.

Even with my initial experience I still believe his watch to be an extremely high quality product and currently the very best of these types of watches.

I havenít been able to use my watch so I donít feel qualified to give an actual review yet. But I will say that I can be pretty picky so yes, there are 3 or 4 minor things I would have preferred to have been done differently, but there are many more things I really like and feel they got right.

I donít think anyone should have any reservations about this being a very top quality, reliable and dependable electronic device with amazing features you cannot get anywhere else at the moment.
Thank you Videoman for your well informed posts . Do you think it is possible to muffle the sound slightly and still feel the vibration ?
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Hey Gaz, welcome back.
To answer your question about the noise... it remains to be seen but usually you can so I would guess it is possible here as well. It usually adds bulk to the unit so there are trade offs as always.

But for working pros like yourself I really doubt it is necessary. Most people wonít need to be concerned with the noise. I just happen to be unusual in that I do often perform in library like environments.
Thanks for your kind words and quick response Videoman , I am hoping to see one of these units very soon .
I do like options on effects like this and if that option is not there I like to see whether I can personally customise it to my needs wherever I choose to use them .
After all , this product and itís rivals are just watches so they are perceived as normal items and I believe they should be able to be used in any normal environment 🤞🏻.
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Iíve had the watch now for about a week. The watch does look good. The speed that the watch changes time is absolutely impressive.
Itís been very reliable in testing. Others who own it have messaged me about the noise with the remote who know I have it as well. For me the noise was too loud.
Iíve always known Miranda to stand behind everything he creates. After a few FB messages, Miranda said he knows what he can do to fix this. My remote and watch will be replaced next week. Electronics can sometimes have issues when you receive them and itís always great knowing the creator will make it right. Besides the remote I can say this watch is great! Once the remote is softer For me it will be perfect! Owning tuner watch and now. ďthe watchĒ I do like this better for many personal reasons. Miranda did show great service with making sure my next remote is workable in close up situations. Very happy with that. Iíve had amazing experience with Craig from Promystic, Brett from SvenPads and Soren from labco. One reason why I love those three companies is you get long lasting service. Seems to be the same with Miranda.
Good and important thoughts! Thinking in the same direction, you find my thoughts here: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=680358&forum=82&start=140 Jan
A thorough look and review, as well as a fair comparison of The Watch and the T-watch by Ekaterina.

Great review, but my favorite part is that she too, enjoys Five Guys. (I mean c'mon, they are awesome...and now I want one.)

[YouTube]BC5dI0EzcUc[/YouTube]
I'm going to quickly share my thoughts. I have now used The Watch in two stage shows and several close-up gigs in the last week. Having now taken it out for a road test I feel comfortable in writing this.

There are some pretty important features this offers that for me, make it great for my work. I love the fact I can hand it out to a spectator from the stage, and not be anywhere near them yet at the right moment, the hands on the watch will move to the chosen time. I put a time delay between when I give the watch out, when the time is chosen, and when I punch it into the remote. The fact the remote remembers the time and sends it at the right moment is very clever and something I use to my advantage.

The other REALLY important feature for me is knowing this works 100%. I love the vibration feature because it lets me know when it sent the time to the watch.
I also like the simplicity of the watch - making it very easy for spectators to read. They can clearly see the numbers and the hands - something very important with stage lights etc.

My experience has been great with this product and I'm thoroughly enjoying the gasps from the audience when the watch is turned over to reveal the chosen time. As I said, I've built it into another major part of my act but it's a great kicker to what I'm doing.

I've also had fun doing this in close-up. The raised buttons on the remote make it super easy to punch in the time chosen. Again, I've combined this with another routine and it now elevates it to something even more memorable.

When it comes to any kind of electronic tool I always get nervous, however, I feel 100% confident using this because I know exactly when the time was sent.

I've had a lot of fun performing The Watch and it fits perfectly into my current stage show and close-up show.

The charge on both remote and watch last a long time which I like. - also, the fact the remote acts as a power pack for the watch is cool.

If you are worried about having the remote in your pocket then you can easily hide it in plain sight - such as a card case. Personally, I feel no need for this because it's very easy to know the buttons on the remote. There is no noise issue for me when working and so it's never an issue.

All in all a product I'm using in my close-up and stage show - so for me it's a great item. The true test is the reaction from the audiences and this has got some pretty audible gasps.
Thanks EKat for the review.

So,

1. The strap supplied with JM is NOT genuine leather?

2. In order to charge the watch (every 2 weeks according to the ad), you MUST open the case?

3. I haven't seen any confirmation that the remote WILL work even though there is no direct line of sight? eg. Remote under the table sending the message through the table?

Appreciate if someone who has used the JM can feedback.

Thanks
Two very eminent people in the field of magic (Ekaterina & Paul Romhany) have given their review on 'The Watch'.

Ekaterina's review has been very detailed and she has rightly so compared 'The Watch' with the 'Turner', since they both being exactly similar watches in their working and function except for using different input methods.

I will not go in to the various details as well as Pros-n-Cons as Ekaterina has very nicely explained it in her video review. I will straightaway come to my points of concern and opinion regarding 'The Watch'. Thus I will began with one of my previous post on this very thread and may I please quote:

[quote]On May 10, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

I have got info from those who have physically received The Watch that there are a few hiccups which is a cause of concern mainly with regards to the Remote i.e. the noise factor as well as the line of sight communication between the watch and the remote.

I am a bit confused as to the kind of communication taking place between the remote and the watch. Is it RF or IR? Anyone who could please clarify.

More when I get the opportunity to play with THE WATCH (hopefully soon! ;)).
[/quote]

OK, one of my friends received 'The Watch' yesterday and I had the opportunity to play and study the watch. Said that:-

I will stick to my previous statement quoted above. The feedback noise factor is a cause of concern for those who will be performing the effect using 'The Watch' in close-up/parlor environment, but might not be so when performing on stage. In support, I will like to draw your attention to Ekaterina's above "REVIEW #144: THE WATCH by Jo„o Miranda". Please fast-forward and checkout the video from 13:20 to 14:00 minutes. You will notice a loud, sharp and distinct feedback noise coming from the remote, which will certainly draw the attention of your spectator(s). Ekaterina also specifically mentions the noise issue, checkout from 13:38 to 13:46.

Also Paul Romhany mentions the noise but says its never an issue (probably due to working on stage). And may I please quote:

[quote]On May 12, 2019, Paul Romhany wrote:

[b]There is no noise issue for me when working and so it's never an issue.[/b][/quote]

IMO, the noise issue can't be brushed off as a few isolated cases, since with all those I have had a chat with have shown the same concern. Also people have mentioned the nose issue here on this very thread. Hence IMO the remote feedback noise is unacceptable and I humbly suggest that the designer look into the same. But for the noise issue, 'The Watch' is a very nice and useful remote controlled prop.

Moving on to another issue concerning the Turner watch. Ekaterina, in here video review, mentions it is quite likely to see an update on the Turner watch by way of adding a physical remote control. IMO this is a very feasible and we might soon see such an upgrade. So I suggest that you keep your turner watch safe for the time being.

And like I always say - Just MY thoughts please. ;)

👏👏👏
[quote]On May 12, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

Ekaterina, in here video review, mentions it is quite likely to see an update on the Turner watch by way of adding a physical remote control. IMO this is a very feasible and we might soon see such an upgrade.

A remote for the T-watch has been talked about for some time. The T boys don't seem to like to respond to user requests very well. To me it's like they almost have a "nobody is going to tell me what to do" attitude. This was true from day one when it was kindly requested by many that TURNER be removed from the watch face.

However, with the release of the new JM watch which does have a remote they may feel like now is the time to release their remote. They are supposedly building one from scratch (ala JM) and have been beta testing it for a while now, at least that is the word from the rumor mill. Once again, in typical NK fashion, a proprietary remote is NOT what users asked for. We wanted the app to work with inexpensive generic bluetooth remotes which are already plentiful on the market, similar to how Inject has done it.

But in any case, a T remote will probably come in the next few months, hopefully sooner. They also claim that there are other "Secret Features" they are ready to "unlock" soon. This is a carrot they have been dangling for months so I will believe that when I see it. Hoping I am surprised and it turns out to be phenomenal because I would love to eat my words but nothing very earth-shattering has come from them in quite a while IMO.

NK didn't seem to be phased at all by the recent Infinity watch release but hopefully with the JM watch now also cutting into their sales they will feel a bit more motivated to finally unlock any secret features and get a remote out there because they are being left behind by newer releases and are no longer the Latest and Greatest watch on the market.

We will just have to wait and see of course but I suspect that many T watch owners who are not satisfied with the current state of the watch are feeling their patience wearing thin.
Hi guys, thanks for linking to my review.
If I can clarify, the noise of the vibration is not an issue in most working
environments: cocktail events, table hoping, weddings, stage, parlour and street magic. In addition, when in your pocket, it's no different than your phone vibration.

If there was a revision on a V2, it would be maybe to program an option to disable this feature a little bit like with my flux unit where I didn't need the led notification, but kept the haptic touch vibration. That tiny vibration won't work on a unit that's not meant to be in contact with your skin. You don't want to keep your hand in your pocket for too long to raise suspicion. The current vibration setting allows you to feel it in your pocket, and the feedback is a reassuring confirmation that the watch can now be turned over.

The reason that I opted to perform with t-watch for close-up is that it's design raises no suspicion that it's my every day watch.
I have a very small wrist and you can see a difference when I wear The Watch, this should not be a problem for you guys ;)
For stage, I would prefer THE WATCH because bluetooth can often undergo interferences and with no confirmation that the time has been set properly, there is small risk with T watch.

You can also DM me on Instagram: @ekatmagic for questions.

Thanks
Ekaterina
SIDE NOTE I got a private message from somebody asking about noise on THE WATCH remote. To be honest I didn't realize there was a problem because I've been using it in my regular close-up gig and it's never been an issue. It's in my pocket, I feel the vibration and nobody else hears it. After reading this thread I realize many either don't own the Watch or aren't out there working it. As somebody who has been performing for over 30 years full time I think I can safely say that if this wasn't good or something I would use on a regular basis then I wouldn't make the purchase. The fact I can use this in close-up and stage is a real bonus for any investment I make when purchasing an effect. At the end of the day if you can use it and get the results you want then it's worth it.

Just my two cents from somebody who actually has performed it under a variety of working conditions .... works for me and I love it.
[quote]On May 12, 2019, Paul Romhany wrote:
SIDE NOTE I got a private message from somebody asking about noise on THE WATCH remote. To be honest I didn't realize there was a problem because I've been using it in my regular close-up gig and it's never been an issue. It's in my pocket, I feel the vibration and nobody else hears it. After reading this thread I realize many either don't own the Watch or aren't out there working it. As somebody who has been performing for over 30 years full time I think I can safely say that if this wasn't good or something I would use on a regular basis then I wouldn't make the purchase. The fact I can use this in close-up and stage is a real bonus for any investment I make when purchasing an effect. At the end of the day if you can use it and get the results you want then it's worth it.

Just my two cents from somebody who actually has performed it under a variety of working conditions .... works for me and I love it. [/quote]

I think it is important to make a distinction between working pros and hobbyists/enthusiasts. Most people are obviously going to state their opinion about something in regards to how a product suits their needs, but not everyone's needs are the same.

As I have stated previously, if you are a "working pro" then the noise is almost certainly not going to be an issue for you. In fact, just the opposite, it will be a benefit as Paul and Ekat have stated, and Mark at Saturn said that also on FB live recently. But if you are not "working it" you may often find yourself in quieter environments without a band or DJ and without 500 people chattering all around you.

The noise on the remote will ONLY be an issue if you are in a quiet environment, which I am quite often. Things like magnets clicking together are often the kiss of death for me whereas a thousand working pros will come on here and state that there is no way anyone will ever hear it, and they are right, when they use it no one will hear it but that is almost certainly not going to be true for everyone.

Another point worth clarifying is that the remote itself actually makes very little noise, it is the intensity of the vibration that produces the noise. I think Ekat's and Ustaad's combined suggestions of entering a code to turn the vibration off ala Flux is a wonderful idea. My guess is that will almost certainly be implemented in the 2.0 version, or perhaps even have it adjustable such as low, medium, and high settings.
[quote]On May 12, 2019, patapon wrote:

So,

2. In order to charge the watch (every 2 weeks according to the ad), you MUST open the case?

3. I haven't seen any confirmation that the remote WILL work even though there is no direct line of sight? eg. Remote under the table sending the message through the table?

Thanks [/quote]

1. I would say it's not leather, but looks good so changing it would be a personal preference only.

2. To charge you need to remove the battery.... I can do this with my fingers within 10seconds,but a tool is supplied for people who may not have fingernails. This is an advantage to me as I can do this quickly myself without the hassle and cost of having to take a trip to the Jewellers to do it for me.

3. Yes tested this through a solid Oak table numerous times and worked everytime. I also tested the distance and it was approximately 20 feet.
[b]Majority of such gizmos/electronic based toys are purchased by the hobbyist and the semi-pros and not the so called seasoned pros[/b].

[quote]On May 12, 2019, kevg wrote:

[b]To charge you need to remove the battery.... I can do this with my fingers within 10seconds,but a tool is supplied for people who may not have fingernails. This is an advantage to me as I can do this quickly myself without the hassle and cost of having to take a trip to the Jewellers to do it for me[/b].
[/quote]

I want to mention one safety precaution. In the teaching video it shows you how to use the steel screwdriver for opening the back of the case. It also shows you how to unplug the rechargeable battery using the same screwdriver. I won't recommend using any bare metal object for unplugging the battery. A slight slip of the hand and the metal object can touch the open circuitry and thus might cause an expensive short circuit. I suggest use a plastic tool for this purpose. Many different types of plastic tool sets are available for cellphone repair.

[quote]On May 12, 2019, videoman wrote:

They also claim that there are other "Secret Features" they are ready to "unlock" soon. [b]This is a carrot they have been dangling for months so I will believe that when I see it[/b].
[/quote]

:bg:

I see no significant secret feature to unlock, except for the addition of a remote for the Turner watch.

[quote]On May 12, 2019, EkaterinaMagic wrote:

[b]If I can clarify, the noise of the vibration is not an issue in most working environments: cocktail events, table hoping, weddings, stage, parlour and street magic. In addition, when in your pocket, it's no different than your phone vibration[/b].
[/quote]

That further establishes the fact that the noise coming from the remote is quite significant and thus worthy of attention by its designer. But . . . the noisy remote is quite acceptable in a noisy environment. :)

[quote]On May 12, 2019, EkaterinaMagic wrote:

[b]If there was a revision on a V2, it would be maybe to program an option to disable this feature a little bit like with my flux unit where I didn't need the led notification, but kept the haptic touch vibration. That tiny vibration won't work on a unit that's not meant to be in contact with your skin[/b].
[/quote]

IMO, it should not be too difficult to rectify the noise problem emitted by the remote. For a quick solution to the problem, a simple user friendly variable resistor (with appropriate circuitry) be added so as to reduce the speed of the motor (and in turn reducing the intensity of vibration), and thus limiting the nose to an acceptable limit. Also this will help the user to adjust the intensity of vibration to one's liking.

Also a thin honeycomb type of sponge placed inside the remote box MIGHT help in dampening the sound. The remote box is so shaped that it acts like a sound-box. The honeycomb sponge might help reduce the humming effect to some extent.

Just thoughts, pure thoughts. ;)

[quote]On May 12, 2019, kevg wrote:
[quote]On May 12, 2019, patapon wrote:

So,

Thanks [/quote]

1. I would say it's not leather, but looks good so changing it would be a personal preference only.

2. To charge you need to remove the battery.... I can do this with my fingers within 10seconds,but a tool is supplied for people who may not have fingernails. This is an advantage to me as I can do this quickly myself without the hassle and cost of having to take a trip to the Jewellers to do it for me.

3. Yes tested this through a solid Oak table numerous times and worked everytime. I also tested the distance and it was approximately 20 feet. [/quote]

Thanks very much for your feedback. Much appreciated.
I'm curious as to how robust the watch is. Could the glass and the metal case withstand minor bumps, or would it dent easily?
[quote]On May 13, 2019, LankyHobo wrote:

I'm curious as to how robust the watch is. Could the glass and the metal case withstand minor bumps, or would it dent easily? [/quote]

IMO the watch is quite robustly built. However you can't put it under the wheel. ;) :bg:

And like I said, may I please quote:-

[b]But for the noise issue, 'The Watch' is a very nice and useful remote controlled prop[/b].
[/quote]

That's great. Thank you, Ustaad.
I neither own a Turner or The Watch but I saw both up close tonight and handled them. I can only speak for the aesthetics and not the functionality but I didnít like the watch. For me the watch was too plain for its thickness and too light. Now I donít have a problem with thickness as my main watch is a Breitling Super Avenger which is a beast. However The Watch weighs absolutely nothing and that just felt wrong to me although the SA weighs about as much as a house brick so being used to that may colour my opinion. The Turner on the other hand looks and feels like a nice wristwatch. Maybe not high end but not a cheapo.

My honest opinion was that I would never wear a watch like The Watch in the real world and the fact that I have never felt a watch as light as this was very off putting too. The Turner on the other hand felt more like a ďrealĒ watch to me. I am a bit of a watch geek though. As I said this is purely based on look and feel and nothing else. I have no idea which performs best etc.

Mark
[quote]On May 13, 2019, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I neither own a Turner or The Watch but I saw both up close tonight and handled them. I can only speak for the aesthetics and not the functionality but I didnít like the watch. For me the watch was too plain for its thickness and too light. Now I donít have a problem with thickness as my main watch is a Breitling Super Avenger which is a beast. However The Watch weighs absolutely nothing and that just felt wrong to me although the SA weighs about as much as a house brick so being used to that may colour my opinion. The Turner on the other hand looks and feels like a nice wristwatch. Maybe not high end but not a cheapo.

My honest opinion was that I would never wear a watch like The Watch in the real world and the fact that I have never felt a watch as light as this was very off putting too. The Turner on the other hand felt more like a ďrealĒ watch to me. I am a bit of a watch geek though. As I said this is purely based on look and feel and nothing else. I have no idea which performs best etc.

Mark [/quote]

The Turner has a battery inside, The Watch doesnít because the user must place it.

That makes the weight difference.

That is actually mentioned in the review of Mark Traversoni that you can check online.
My dislike for the weight wasnít in comparison with the Turner but watches in general. I have never felt a watch as light as The Watch. Now most of the watches I handle are mechanical rather than battery so 99% of the watches Iím comparing this to donít have a battery. When I saw the watch up close the lack of weight really shocked me. I am used to a stainless steel case on a watch. This didnít have the weight of stainless steel. It felt by weight as if the case was made with very thin aluminium or similar and that lack of weight really surprised me.

Now this is personal taste the watch looked well made etc but as a watch geek it just didnít look or feel like a real watch to me and some of that is down to the height of the case with no weight.

Mark
My dislike for the weight wasnít in comparison with the Turner but watches in general. I have never felt a watch as light as The Watch. Now most of the watches I handle are mechanical rather than battery so 99% of the watches Iím comparing this to donít have a battery. When I saw the watch up close the lack of weight really shocked me. I am used to a stainless steel case on a watch. This didnít have the weight of stainless steel. It felt by weight as if the case was made with very thin aluminium or similar and that lack of weight really surprised me.

Now this is personal taste the watch looked well made etc but as a watch geek it just didnít look or feel like a real watch to me and some of that is down to the height of the case with no weight.

Mark [/quote]

It actually is made from stainless steel :)

But because it is not mechanical like you mentioned and without the battery, that is why it felt lighter to you because the watch comes with the battery inside the package.

I performed the trick countless times and never had any spectator have any suspicion about the watch weight or itís look.
Ha2, sorry but I just don't think it is "the final answer to the classic watch prediction effect".

It's a great marketing line, but one thing I have learned about great marketing lines is that it sets higher expectations, and it gets compared under a microscope.

So, I am sure that JM watch is a marvellous kit, but when it claims to be "the final answer", then I'm afraid people will start pointing out "little things" like:
1. It does not come with genuine leather straps.
2. It does not look or feel like a real watch.
3. The remote is noisier and/or bigger than many potential buyers (who are not working pros) would like.
4. You have to open the case with a tool and charge the battery every 2+ weeks.
5. etc, etc.

Moral of the story... If one insists on using superlatives in one's marketing lines, be sure that you live up to it in every LITTLE way ;-)

Notwithstanding, keep up the good work and hope all the "watch makers" continue to innovate and push the boundaries.
Should be getting my watch on Wed ... VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS CREATION !!!!
Going to be putting directly into my routine.
[quote]On May 13, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:

Mark [/quote]

It actually is made from stainless steel :)

But because it is not mechanical like you mentioned and without the battery, that is why it felt lighter to you because the watch comes with the battery inside the package.

I performed the trick countless times and never had any spectator have any suspicion about the watch weight or itís look. [/quote]

So Joao you are saying the BATTERY of the watch is what would have added extra weight? Batteries hardly weigh anything. Iím confused??
I never even thought twice about the weight of the watch. Is it light for itís size? I dunno, I'm not a watch geek so I will take Markís word for it. Personally, I donít see it as an issue.

I think itís good practice to try as best you can to avoid performing this effect for watch geeks (typically males) as they tend to be to fascinated with the watch itself and notice small details that others wouldnít, and may ask too many questions about the watch. It would be like using replica Morgan coins when performing to a numismatist, best not to. So itís wise to look for tell tale signs and try and determine if they are into watches. You canít always tell but if I suspected they may be then I would do something else.
Just got my T-Watch and I love it. However if I had known that this was coming out I might have waited...but probably not. :)

I am a sucker for watches though and might have to get this one also. However I am concerned about the sound. I usually perform in small settings that donít even require me to use a mic. I am worried that this would be noticed. It seems to me that both watches might have their place. The Watch for stage, outdoors, and large venues and T-Watch for smaller settings like small parlor shows, etc. I wish both develop the best!
I performed The Watch to my other half in the kitchen last night - I was just testing it so asked her to state any time, she didn't hear any buzzing (I did as I expected too) she only responded with "is it voice activated"! To be honest I think a big deal has been made out of the vibration sound - to me it gives me 100% assurance that when someone looks at the watch the time will be correct. If anyone is really that worried and you perform this in a library you could just say "sorry I just got a text message" or whatever... IMO it would fly by.
[quote]On May 14, 2019, kevg wrote:

I performed The Watch to my other half in the kitchen last night - I was just testing it so asked her to state any time, [b]she didn't hear any buzzing . . .[/b] [/quote]

Probably the kitchen tap was running at full blast. ;)

If anyone is really that worried and you perform this in a library [b]you could just say "sorry I just got a text message" or whatever... IMO it would fly by[/b]. [/quote]

Yes, PROBABLY it would fly by.

However I am glad you agree that the remote does buzz and buzzes quite loud. Right?

I can only comment from ACTUALLY performing it.

Thank you please.

[quote]On May 14, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

I performed The Watch to my other half in the kitchen last night - I was just testing it so asked her to state any time, [b]she didn't hear any buzzing . . .[/b] [/quote]

If anyone is really that worried and you perform this in a library [b]you could just say "sorry I just got a text message" or whatever... IMO it would fly by[/b]. [/quote]

However I am glad you agree that the remote does buzz and buzzes quite loud. Right?

I can only comment from ACTUALLY performing it.

Thank you please.

[quote]On May 14, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

:xmas: [/quote] [/quote]

Thanks for actual comment from ACTUAL performer with real world reviews. This has 10000 times more importance than any others.
I just received "The Watch" by Joao Miranda a few days ago, and I would like to pass on some opinions, thoughts and suggestions.

First off, I am not going to compare "The Watch" to the Turner watch or any other similar product. I don't own a T-Watch and I think it is disingenuous for anyone to make comparisons unless they own all the products they are comparing. I've seen a number of comments on this thread with statements like "I don't own ______, but ... " You should have stopped after "I don't own."

Second, some of my following comments contain my opinions, which in no way reflects on the opinions of others in this thread.

"The Watch" does most of what it proclaims it can do. I really don't care if the strap is real leather, that doesn't make the watch work any better. I don't care if it appears a little thicker than other watches. If your spectators has enough time to examine the watch with a fine-tooth-comb, then your presentation is flawed.

It's a watch, and presented correctly, proper audience management and a routine that makes the watch incidental (except at the reveal, see my routine at the end of this review), there should be nothing to worry about.

Packaging is top-notch. It's like opening an Apple product, class all the way. Inside the package is the watch, the transmitter (remote), a small lithium battery for inside the watch (with two wire leads and a connector at the end), USB cable (micro C connector), a tool (to open back of watch and to help in popping off the battery connector), a magnet and a quick start guide.

The remote and watch battery must be charged first. The small lithium battery with the wire leads is plugged into the remote, the micro C USB cable is also plug into the remote and the other end of the USB cable is plugged into a 5 volt power supply (your computer, an Apple charger or any of those little chargers that come with so many electronic products nowadays).

There are two blinking green lights on the remote, one near the lithium battery port and one near the USB cable.

When both green lights stop blinking, the remote and the watch battery is charged.

Now you have to install the small lithium battery in the watch. If you don't feel comfortable poking around micro-electronic circuit boards and dealing with on-circuit-board connectors, this step may be touchy.

You pop the back of the watch off with the tool and then plug the connector (at the end of the two wire leads) of the lithium battery. It can only go in one direction, so it it seems like it doesn't want to seat in the on-circuit-board connector, then turn it over. You need to be gentle with the small lithium battery. Never disconnect the battery by tugging on the two wire leads.

Place the back on the watch, and turn the watch on with the small magnet supplied (see Joao's video instructions).

Now turn on the remote by using the small slide switch on the remote.

The blue light on the front of the remote, next to the keypad, should glow steady, solid blue. The watch and remote are now connected.

Keypad operation is as you have seen in a number of videos and reviews, so I won't go into any detail about that. The keypad works fine.

Noise. I have no problem with the level of the vibration. I was preforming this holding it in my hand (my preferred place to hide it, in my hand). I hold ProMystic receivers in my hand, the same with Sixth Sense, over the last 24 hours, the eight times I have tested this out on spectators, no one showed the least bit of indication that they heard a buzz.

Just to see if I could reduce the noise (and give you a good tip on how to do it), I opened the remote and placed a piece of black foam against the back of the circuit board. Not really much difference. The vibrating micro-motor is actually set against the back of the keypad, and it's the front of the plastic case that is amplifying the sound. You cannot remove the circuit board (not easily) to place the foam piece on the other side.

And I would not recommend you open the case of the remote. The remote's battery is mounted on the removable back of the remote, and the two wire leads go to a connector on the circuit board. If you are not careful, and you pop the back off, you may pull the wires, breaking them.

I've had my hands in electronics long enough to know how to be careful, but I wouldn't recommend you try it unless you are very confident that you won't damage anything.

And in the routine I have worked out (see below), my spectator is busy doing something else when I am inputting the hour and minute. It's a matter of routine and audience management. And of course, I am talking when I am inputting the time.

So now my opinion.

It's great and Joao has given the magic community a wonderful prop.

I don't mind having to remove the watch battery every few weeks. It's a prop, I don't even consider this a watch. You have to maintain props, charging the battery is just part of the preparation.

The noise doesn't bother me at all. That may be because I'm use to working with vibrating indicators (as mentioned above), and I always use them in my hand. I don't like anything strapped to my wrist, tucked away in a pocket (or sock), I like to have these types of items in my hand, where I can be sure of what I am doing, or what I am feeling.

I like the dedicated remote. Labco switched from dedicated remotes to using cell phones, and I wouldn't purchase a Labco product right now. It may be that in the past, earlier effects I've owned that hooked up to phones were dodgy. I just don't trust a phone. I don't like the size of a phone. And as had been mentioned a number of times on this thread, if the operating system is updated by the phone manufacturer, there is no guarantee that the app will continue to work.

A dedicated remote or receiver will always work, technically forever (unless something fries the electronics).

Here's a little tip for transporting/storage of your "The Watch" kit. Go to a flea market or thrift store and buy an older-style hard-shell eyeglass case. It would never be my intent to wear this everywhere just to be ready to amaze someone. It's too expensive to take the chance of breaking it during everyday wear. If I'm going to use it in a show, then it will go on my wrist during show preparation. The eyeglass case is the perfect for carrying the kit.

I give "The Watch" five out of five stars (whatever that means), I love it.

Idea for a routine. I'm just going to outline this.

"The Time of Their Life"

(You could probably work this with something other than a Labco Mind Buster Pocket, but that's what I use. And I have the early model with the dedicated receiver).

Show the watch and mime setting the time, then set the watch face down on something. "I need to set an alarm, I have an appointment in 30 minutes"

Hand them the Mind Buster pad and pen.

Ask them to think of a place where they were having "the time of their life."

Then have them think of what time, that any, what time was it when they were having a good time. If they have trouble with that request, ask time to think of any time of that day, the hour and minute.

Ask them to write that time down on the pad. (They write the time first, not the place).

Now ask them to write the name of the place they were thinking of.

While they are doing this, you input the time that you got on your Mind Buster screen.

You're done with the time, and they were busy writing a place down on the pad. If that isn't enough audience management to cover up any fear that they will hear the vibration, maybe try card magic.

Ask the spectator to tear off the paper from the Mind Buster pad, fold it, put it in his pocket and put the pad down (don't take the pad back from him, you don't need it).

Jazz up a bit revealing his place, like a cold reading. You should be able to get an idea of what he was doing at that place.

Then reveal that you knew the time and set it on the watch.

There, the bare bones, but I'm sure you get the idea. Anyway, typos and spelling errors are copyright Al Desmond and remain my sole intellectual property.
A fantastic informative review Al , thank you for taking the trouble to write so in depth about everything regarding the watch .
Loved the routine too and the title of it , really excellent stuff Gaz 🙂
I second that, Al. Thank You So Very Much!

..."Maybe you should try card magic." :D
I third that! A most helpful, thoughtful and thorough review. Much appreciated.
There was this too..
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/blog/the-watch-q-and-a
[quote]On May 14, 2019, IAIN wrote:
There was this too..
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/blog/the-watch-q-and-a [/quote]

I'm glad you liked my review/opinion/routine.
Al, that is an excellent review (yours :) ), wonderful thoughts and a marvellous routine, thank you.

And:

[quote]On May 14, 2019, Al Desmond wrote:
I like the dedicated remote. Labco switched from dedicated remotes to using cell phones, and I wouldn't purchase a Labco product right now. It may be that in the past, earlier effects I've owned that hooked up to phones were dodgy. I just don't trust a phone. I don't like the size of a phone. And as had been mentioned a number of times on this thread, if the operating system is updated by the phone manufacturer, there is no guarantee that the app will continue to work.

A dedicated remote or receiver will always work, technically forever (unless something fries the electronics)...
[/quote]

I could have written that, exactly my thoughts, exactly what I am doing and using (obviously as I own it). Jan
Got mine today. No real world issue with the buzz. I hear it, they don't. Would like it quieter and that probably can be done by Joao. I'm a Murphy's dealer and I? will be recommending this as a 10 out of 10 to my regular customers.
Great thoughts and routine Al, thanks for sharing. Iíve tried for ages to get my hands on one of the earlier Labco pocket pads but no luck yet, but I remain the eternal optimist.

Wanted to update on my experience with The Watch. If you read my previous post you may recall that my watch was not working out of the box. Joao reached out to me on his own initiative and asked me to send him a video so he could better understand my problem. After watching the video he determined the problem to be a faulty part and immediately sent me a replacement. This was shipped on Monday and tracking has it arriving Wednesday even though it had to travel from Portugal to Southern California, quite a distance!

Itís also worth pointing out that I did not purchase this directly from Joao but from a US dealer. Yet Joao did not pass the buck and stood behind his product. I had not had any dealings with Joao prior to this so I was not sure what to expect but reading great reviews of his customer service gave me confidence and Joao definitely did not let me down. People tend to post a lot of negative experiences on forums like this so I wanted to give a shout out for a very positive experience and give Joao my public thanks and let folks know that he really does stand behind his products.
Videoman you are ALWAYS a most reliable and deeply thoughtful contributor. I am so glad you are on these boards!
Thanks StarManager, and I should clarify that when I say that Joao sent me a replacement, I do not mean just a replacement part for the faulty part, but a TOTAL replacement of the ENTIRE kit. Again, above and beyond customer service!!!
Electronically speaking Joao is providing the Craft with incredible and out-of-the-box solutions at affordable pricing for what the items are. Any encouragement the community can give him is good for Magic as a whole. I am really burning by people chiming in about volume levels and esoterica about products they have not even touched. I get the magnet clicking statement made above but when I'm in a setting where that is a consideration, I don't do such an effect. No WAY someone who presents this right is going to hear pocket beeps or know what they are if they hear them from this particular device, IMHO. If they do the performer, not Joao, is to blame. There. I said it! I'll sit back and get flamed now . . .
I wish we could have the best of both products. Joao's support and the flexibility of the other product approach.

[b]I performed The Watch to my other half in the kitchen last night - . . . [/b][/quote]

[b]I can only comment from ACTUALLY performing it.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote]On May 14, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:

[b]Thanks for actual comment from ACTUAL performer with real world reviews.[/b][/quote]

[b]WOW[/b] :exclaim: [b]By ACTUALLY performing for one's other half in the kitchen, one becomes an ACTUAL performer with real world reviews, . . . that's GREAT. I'm learning . . . & continue to learn . . .[/b] :bg:

P.S. BTW, my friend who had received his watch just two days ago, has a problem. The time set through remote don't show the set time on the watch. He has tried all within his means but in vain. The watch is going back straight from where it came.
Ustaad you KNOW I am a huge fan of yours. What has you against this product so much. Usually you are the huge supporter of creative items. Curious as I really have learned from you and respect your opinion. Personally I LOVE this product. We are usually in synch.
[quote]On May 14, 2019, StarManager wrote:

Ustaad you KNOW I am a huge fan of yours. [b]What has you against this product so much.[/b] Usually you are the huge supporter of creative items. Curious as I really have learned from you and respect your opinion. Personally I LOVE this product. We are usually in synch. [/quote]

@ StarManager: Thank you so much for the kind words and I appreciate your feelings for me.

Basically if you look at all my posts on this thread, you will notice that I have nothing against 'The Watch' or its creator. From the very beginning I have been talking about just one and only one point - The noise factor. Whenever I speak or bring in the noise factor issue, there are members from the semi-pros to the seasoned pros who jump on to justify the noise factor. And when I counter their unjust claim with due logic and reasoning, a fresh batch pops in . . . and thus the cycle continues and the issue goes into a never-ending loop. This is not good IMO. We all must take criticism in the right spirit and work towards finding a solution to rectify the issue/fault rather than forcefully try to suppress the issue. You very well know that I have always tried to be straightforward, just and honest when giving my opinion. You may like to please draw my attention as to where I have gone off track or changed my stance from the basic noise issue. Before giving my opinion, I have played/tested/studied the watch and then & only then I gave my opinion. [b]Mine is just an opinion, if one likes it they take it. If not, just forget and we move on.[/b]

We all know that the Latest-n-Greatest section of the Cafť is a place for speculations and opinions. Well, I won't like to go more into this issue, rather I would like to kindly draw your attention to a few excerpt from my posts on this thread that will prove I have nothing against the newly released prop or its creator:

[quote]On May 10, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

Hi Jo„o,

[b]I have no doubt in your products, creativity and customer support. And that's the reason I have always said all good things about you & your products on this very forum. And you very well know that.[/b] :)
[/quote]

[b]But for the noise issue, 'The Watch' is a very nice and useful remote controlled prop[/b].
[/quote]

You will agree with me that:-

[b]Majority of such gizmos/electronic based toys are purchased by the hobbyist and the semi-pros and not the so called seasoned pros[/b].
[/quote]

Hope that clarifies, at least to some extent. :)

Thank you.

With utmost regard & respect,

Narendra

Why donít you just agree this is a good prop, and works for many of us? I understand everyone have an opinion but pushing it like you do is too much in my opinion. Yes, the remote is making some noise, no, itís not a problem for most of us who have actually performed with it.
Ustaad,

Thank you for such a well articulated and nobly written reply. Your points above are all right on. This is opinion and you have a unit. You are one class act and I appreciate your participation so much. Having performed on Cruise Ships for a decade, and been a pro for 30 years and a semi-pro for 10 more, my verdict on the unit I have is that is is a practical worker in all circumstances, though I do wish it was quieter, I can handle it. As a dealer I will sell it with a good recommendation to my clients, all of whom I know and come to me directly for my validation or rejection of "what is new and good" after I've seen and real world tested it. I fully respect your opinion and choices Ustaad! Thank you Sir!

JT
Ustaad,

Before your friend says that the watch is malfunctioning tell him to see the instructions well before saying my product is not working.

IN FACT I know exactly why your friend watch is going to another time when he inputs the time on the remote.

He just needs to CALIBRATE it.

I will even make things easier for him: orders@joaomiranda.com

:)
Joao - As a top 100 Murphy's Dealer I want to thank you for appearing here, and talking straight and clearly with the members. I love The Watch and I have recommended all your 2018 creations to my customers. Your support is legendary. Your integrity and care for the customer is beyond excellent. Showing up here takes guts as it is not a loving environment, sadly. Know that your appearance, and involvement means something to the brotherhood and I for one will sell more of your products because you are present on the Cafť and responsive. Good work Sir! Deep respect!

Jonathan Todd
Star Manager how perfectly put , I have pmed Joao on these boards and he always answers quickly about any questions I always have .
His customer service is way above and beyond the most highest of standards , I can only echo your comments bravo Gaz 🙂
[b]@ Jonathan:[/b] Thank you once again for the kind words. :)

[quote]On May 15, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:

I understand everyone have an opinion [b]but pushing it like you do is too much in my opinion[/b].[/quote]

[b]@ Alex DLF:[/b] Appreciate your advise. I will certainly keep that in mind. :)

[b]@ Joao Miranda:[/b] My friend put the watch through the Calibration process and all seems to work good now. :) He conveys his thanks and regards.

P.S. I would advise all those who purchase any kind of electronic based Hi-Tech prop(s), should first go through the teaching instructions and must pay close attention to the Do's-n-Dont's as advised the the creator. This will save you from a lot of unnecessary hassle when using the prop.
For those interested in another review of "The Watch", Dave Penn covers the item on the Wizard Product Review in detail.

Please check out the link below...

https://youtu.be/C6DAJx5QxsM
So getting back to actual magic related things regarding The Watch, earlier in this thread Al Desmond was generous enough to share his routine for this effect which I thought was great.
The biggest takeaway for me in Al's routine was having the spectator momentarily distracted by having to perform an action while the magician did the dirty work for the watch.
In Al's routine he had them write down the name of a city or place while he operated the remote. Al used a prop which is no longer available (not to mention very expensive) but it got me thinking that there are probably hundreds of ways that you could accomplish a very similar thing.

So here's a challenge to all of you highly creative individuals on this forum...what ways can you think of (and share) that could keep a spectator engaged or busy for a few seconds or so while you operate the remote?

Of course this could apply to all kinds of other routines as well, not just the watch.

The first thought I had was you could recreate Al's basic routine by using a SvenPad for the second part and while the spec is looking at the pad, you input the time you have already been given. Now Al's method did allow you to get the time the spec selects without their knowledge and this does add another layer of deception, but even if they tell you the time outright the effect can still be quite amazing IMO.

BTW, I'm not saying the watch REQUIRES any misdirection, but it never hurts.

I'm curious what other ways people could come up with to misdirect the spec while you are inputting the time, or doing any other dirty work in another effect?
Your best bet is to not discuss things publically on here but to use the hidden sections of this forum...
[quote]P.S. I would advise all those who purchase any kind of electronic based Hi-Tech prop(s), should first go through the teaching instructions and must pay close attention to the Do's-n-Dont's as advised the the creator. This will save you from a lot of unnecessary hassle when using the prop.[/quote]
Principle also known as RTFM. :)
[quote]On May 15, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Your best bet is to not discuss things publically on here but to use the hidden sections of this forum... [/quote]

IAIN you are absolutely right and I completely agree.
I have copied it to the Secret Sessions where it belongs.
Please post your ideas there.

Here is the link:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=693457&forum=37
Just got my 2 watches (a black one and a white one). One is charging right now ... it is a thing of Terrifying Beauty. So far one word: "WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
I'm live with Joao right now over on the Murphy's Facebook page talking all about The Watch! https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies/videos/301325864102487
[quote]On May 15, 2019, Luke Dancy wrote:
I'm live with Joao right now over on the Murphy's Facebook page talking all about The Watch! https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies/videos/301325864102487 [/quote]
Ah, sorry I missed it. Very interesting. Thank you.
[quote]On May 15, 2019, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Just got my 2 watches (a black one and a white one). One is charging right now ... it is a thing of Terrifying Beauty. So far one word: "WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". [/quote]

Did your kits come with the black battery or the green battery, for the watch?
[quote]On May 15, 2019, paperinick wrote:
[quote]On May 15, 2019, Luke Dancy wrote:
I'm live with Joao right now over on the Murphy's Facebook page talking all about The Watch! https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies/videos/301325864102487 [/quote]
Ah, sorry I missed it. Very interesting. Thank you. [/quote]

The good news is you can catch the replay from the beginning here: https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies/videos/301325864102487/?t=298

As a heads up we do a live show on Facebook every Wednesday at noon pacific (Menny Lindenfeld is live with me next week) so make sure to turn on your notifications or 'follow' that page so you never miss one.

Thanks again to Joao for his time today, I hope you guys enjoyed the interview!

All the best,

Luke
I saw that, but I guess I can't ask him questions now :)
You can always email or PM Joao with any questions.
[quote]On May 15, 2019, Al Desmond wrote:
Just got my 2 watches (a black one and a white one). One is charging right now ... it is a thing of Terrifying Beauty. So far one word: "WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". [/quote]

Did your kits come with the black battery or the green battery, for the watch? [/quote]

Not sure what you mean. Iíve seen 3 of these watch batteries and they have all been essentially identical, and none of them were black or green.
[quote]On May 15, 2019, videoman wrote:
[quote]On May 15, 2019, Al Desmond wrote:

Did your kits come with the black battery or the green battery, for the watch? [/quote]

Not sure what you mean. Iíve seen 3 of these watch batteries and they have all been essentially identical, and none of them were black or green. [/quote]

He is charging is black and white watch ... 🤔🤔🥃🥃
I have a T watch; not the biggest fan of the solo mode and so I'm really looking forward to a remote. But getting pretty frustrated waiting... Pretty tempted to jump ship here and sell my current watch.
[quote]On May 16, 2019, oweosc123 wrote:
I have a T watch; not the biggest fan of the solo mode and so I'm really looking forward to a remote. But getting pretty frustrated waiting... Pretty tempted to jump ship here and sell my current watch. [/quote]

Take the time to learn the solo feature. It really is incredible!!!
I received The Watch yesterday and I believe it is fantastic. I have several watches and this one tops them all. I will use the remote in my pants pocket. The Watch works every time I've tried it and I love the feedback it gives me. I am not concerned about the vibration. The routine ideas Joao offers are very good. His support staff are very responsive. I sent them a slew of questions last night and they answered every one of them. Thank you, Joao for another winner.
IF you want to wear THE WATCH as a time piece keeping current time and then move into a routine, here is the fix I am using:

BEFORE PERFORMANCE: enter time now, enter 8000. Remote flashes blue.
Ready to perform: Have a magnet in pocket and run back of watch bottom (NOT THE FACE) -- (7:40 area) to the mag to get a buzz of connection with remote. (Solid blue now on)
Perform: Do the effect.
BACK TO REALK TIME: After effect, enter current time, press 8000 and you are back to normal watch. Turn off remote or leave on.
REPEAT from top for next table.

This sounds like a lot but is really fast and easy to do!

Hope this helps,

JT
I like this new watch a lot, it is really great. But what Starmanager described is certainly enough to keep anyone from saying that this watch is perfect. Joao even said himself on FB that he doesn't consider it perfect.

I agree that the workaround you described is not hard but it is a bit of a pain and as you described it yourself, it's a FIX. Sure would be nice if you didn't have to do it. You know there are going to be times when you have your watch in "regular watch" mode and a momentary opportunity presents itself to bust out your watch routine but then you think "darn, everyone is looking at me and I have to quickly get that magnet out and swipe it just right (and mine has to be pretty much just right usually requiring several seconds before it connects). I'm sure it will get better with more practice but then again, in the heat of the moment it could be difficult. Hopefully they will change it in the future so you just punch in a code to toggle between regular and performance modes.

Now I'm beginning to realize why the T watch doesn't freeze at the time you set it to. It's because then it can't just always be "on", so you then need to have a performance mode AND a regular mode and that presents it's own complications as evidenced here.

So my understanding is that if you perform it in a stage show and want to have it connected and ready to go beforehand, you then cannot use it as an actual timepiece during your show, correct? IOW, you can't actually tell time with it when it is connected to the remote?

Be nice too to just punch in a code to turn the remote on and off. The switch on the remote is tiny and recessed and really hard to deal with IMO. I cannot do it in a reasonable time without looking at it and it helps if you have nails.
Videoman you and I seem to always agree. I am attaching a photo of my "FIX" and it is fine - even if "that moment" arises and you have to act fast. I've put the remote in a ziplock small bag and taped the BACK or BOTTOM to hold it tightly in position but be able to take it out of the bag for charging. I folded a business card and taped the mag to it. This keeps it in one place in pocket and easy to touch the back of the watch to through my pants pocket. Take off the watch and rest it on or near the mag - feel the vibration and you are at the right time and now ready to go. The buzz proves you did it too. Takes a fraction of a second. The reason for the bag is to keep lint, moisture out of the open connectors on the remote. This setup is easy and fast. I can turn on and off the remote without opening the bag. (and for those telling me to post this in secrets, there is nothing being exposed here not in the sales material and videos. The discussion is on this thread and I want to reach those watching as I love this watch and want to support real world use.)

Hope this helps.
Thanks Starmanager, you have some good, practical ideas.
In re-reading my post I see I may have sounded more negative than I really feel. I do really like the JM watch very much and wish it great success as you do.

The perfect watch may actually be if you married the JM to the T watch and combined the best of both worlds. But alas, even that still would not be perfect but it would be getting closer.
If the T boys aren't merely blowing smoke, something similar to that should be available soon. We shall see...fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed Videoman but I'm defaulting to JM now during the wait. Here's another tip for workers: Instead of using a plastic card for the SOUL reveal where you pull the hands off the
dial you have drawn, consider using one of your own credit cards. The dial goes on with Sharpie in advance. Way more organic for me. Had them gasping last night doing that.
Both watchís look great. I do have the T watch and love it. I bought it before JM came out with his. I always love his effects and perfect customer service. I like the benefits of both these watchís. And most likely will also be buying his watch as well. But for now my T watch is just gorgeous and has worked perfectly every time. I also like the way the T watch looks. Slim and elegant.
I think the watch and the options are great.
The vibrations in remote are loud.
You can easy open the back. Just pull, where the two gaps are.
There are no clips to release or that could break.
Now you can put some foam inside and close it.
Perfect! :)
I had the opportunity to use this over the past couple of days during close-up. I absolutely LOVE this watch!!!
The noise is not a problem for me.

Showed it at the local magic shop today ... lots of smiles.

HIGHLY HIGHLY Recommended!!!
Not liking all the noise issues coming from the remote. Most saying not a issue but if you have to Mention it then itís an issue.
[quote]On May 18, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
Not liking all the noise issues coming from the remote. Most saying not a issue but if you have to Mention it then itís an issue. [/quote]

I find that magicians mention things that often do not need mentioning. The noise is just NOT a problem in any situation. This is a thing of greatness. Do not worry about noises people do not hear. I cannot hear it and I'm looking for it. I did it close up yesterday in a LIBRARY for 3 people and there is no sound. I felt it on my leg but didn't hear it and you could indeed hear a pin drop. Remember that the sound comes miles before the reveal. Couldn't be connected to the watch which is where the heat is anyways and the timing is offset. I have way more problems getting a coin in a shell silently. Come on people. If you OWN this product, as I do you LOVE it! Period.
To any owner of the chrome version of The Watch:

Would you be so kind to inform me whether the clasp of the steely(?) bracelet is adjustable or not?
The circumference of my wrist is approximately 20-22cm.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Andrew
It is adjustable by removing links which you can do at home but need a hammer and a watch tool or a jeweler can do. It has a clasp adjustment of 3 positions for smaller adjustments as well. I took mine off and put on a leather band for now as I could not get the pins out of the band. Will take to a jeweler.
[quote]On May 21, 2019, Andrew J. K. wrote:
To any owner of the chrome version of The Watch:

Would you be so kind to inform me whether the clasp of the steely(?) bracelet is adjustable or not?
The circumference of my wrist is approximately 20-22cm.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Andrew [/quote]

It's in the video instructions. Did you not watch the instructions?

http://www.magicsecretarea.com/watch/video.php?secret=watch24&shortcode=Vvyst7da_AY
Question guys,
If I put the magnet to the watch to turn it on.
Can I perform for the rest of the evening until I type in the off code?
And Could it be turned on with a ring magnet while
on my wrist?

Thanks
Brehan
[quote]On May 21, 2019, StarManager wrote:
It is adjustable by removing links which you can do at home but need a hammer and a watch tool or a jeweler can do. It has a clasp adjustment of 3 positions for smaller adjustments as well. I took mine off and put on a leather band for now as I could not get the pins out of the band. Will take to a jeweler. [/quote]

Thank you very much, StarManager for your prompt response and for being so kind and helpful as well.
I really much appreciate the time you spent to giving me the details.

Regards,
Andrew
[quote]On May 22, 2019, brehan wrote:
Question guys,
If I put the magnet to the watch to turn it on.
Can I perform for the rest of the evening until I type in the off code?
And Could it be turned on with a ring magnet while
on my wrist?

Thanks
Brehan [/quote]

Brehan,

Once on, you can work all night with ease. Northing to do. You can turn it on with a ring mag but NOT on your wrist. You must place the mag for a second on the CASE side (side to your wrist) not the FACE side. IF you bring the mag over the face you will uncalibrate the hands. Not a huge deal but a pain if you are working and performing and need to hit a bathroom and remember the codes.

My pattern is now:

1. Set watch to current time and press 8000. That keeps time now.
2. First performance of set or night I take watch off and pass mag on bottom of case which turns it ON again (but stops keeping current time).
3. Perform over and over amazing everyone.
4. Last time I do the effect that night, I set time to current again and press 8000. Back to a watch!

Hope this helps~!
Thanks, StarManager for this very informative post.
It really helped a lot.
I agree with what Starmanager replied to Brehan's question except for the statement that it cannot be done while wearing the watch on your wrist. I turn on the watch either with a disk mag or a ring without taking the watch off my wrist.

I just bring it up to the bottom part of the side of the watch casing between the 4 & 5 on the dial. It turns on fine and I haven't noticed any issues with calibration.

If I know I will be performing the watch effect soon in an impromptu situation, I prefer to turn it on without bringing any attention to the watch just yet and having the magnet out of play long before I call any attention to the watch. I just basically pretend to be nonchalantly scratching my wrist while talking to the spec, and turn it on without them being any the wiser.
I have a question about The Watch for Joao or any of you electronic gurus.
I have a leftover self-adhesive metal disc from one of those phone holders that I would like to stick to the remote and carry my magnet on it.

But I am concerned that having a magnet attached to the remote might cause something bad to happen to the remote.

It's certainly not necessary for me to do that but it would just make it easier to keep track of the magnet and remote while carrying them in my pocket.
Of course I would slide the mag off the remote before using it to turn on the watch.

Anyone know if this would cause any problems to the remote?
I am doing that. I have a photo of my setup in a baggie posted on this thread. Scroll up. Sticking a mag right on the remote works but since you need the buttons free and they face "out" from your pocket, you need to put the mag on the edge or the back of the remote. And if you do that, how are you going to activate the watch through the pocket? I tried that originally and it works fine for pre show turn on, but not in real time as the remote is in pocket. Also - I would not put a very strong mag on the remote. Electronics are electronics and subject to mag field disturbance. Go with the weakest mag that works, IMHO.
[quote]On May 22, 2019, Andrew J. K. wrote:
Thanks, StarManager for this very informative post.
It really helped a lot. [/quote]

Andrew - happy to help and grateful for your "thanks" which makes taking the time worth the effort! I got so much help in magic from so many people who gave tirelessly. Harder now without the magic shops which were magical meeting places but this is the next best thing and in some ways so much more inclusive. Glad to share!

JT
Thanks starmanager,

Good to have this info!

Brehan
Hi All
Any one else having an issue where you code the watch to work as normal but to re-connect it to the remote I have to remove the battery, reconnect it and synch it again. In other words the magnet wont take it out of normal working mode. It works fine if I turn off the watch using the code and then turn it on again using the magnet but just not from the Normal mode.
[quote]On May 25, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Hi All
Any one else having an issue where you code the watch to work as normal but to re-connect it to the remote I have to remove the battery, reconnect it and synch it again. In other words the magnet wont take it out of normal working mode. It works fine if I turn off the watch using the code and then turn it on again using the magnet but just not from the Normal mode. [/quote]

Please email us with a quick video: orders@joaomiranda.com

Thanks
[quote]On May 25, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Hi All
Any one else having an issue where you code the watch to work as normal but to re-connect it to the remote I have to remove the battery, reconnect it and synch it again. In other words the magnet wont take it out of normal working mode. It works fine if I turn off the watch using the code and then turn it on again using the magnet but just not from the Normal mode. [/quote]

Thanks [/quote]

Thanks - sent. appreciate you looking into this. It seems at first glance to be a brilliant product so congratulations.
[quote]On May 26, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Hi All

Thanks [/quote]

Thank you for your super service and sorting my issue.
Nick

Thanks - sent. appreciate you looking into this. It seems at first glance to be a brilliant product so congratulations. [/quote]
Why is Joao Miranda suddenly sending me immature emails? Wow. Weird guy. Thin skinned is usually a sign of deep insecurity.

Iíve kept 100 % quiet on this thread. But when a fragile creator starts sending me insulting emails out of the blue - itís a sign of something odd.
?? Didn't find anything bad in your very few words on here... Jan
[quote]On May 29, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Why is Joao Miranda suddenly sending me immature emails? Wow. Weird guy. Thin skinned is usually a sign of deep insecurity.

Iíve kept 100 % quiet on this thread. But when a fragile creator starts sending me insulting emails out of the blue - itís a sign of something odd. [/quote]

That's... bizarre.
But to be honest my interactions with magic creators in general have been... poor...
[quote]On May 29, 2019, paperinick wrote:

But to be honest my interactions with magic creators in general have been... poor... [/quote]

You got that right. Todd Lassen has never replied to an email I sent him (I've sent a couple), Roy Kueppers proved wholly unreliable after I paid him to build a custom magic wand for me, I emailed Joao Miranda twice about his Haunted Box effect and he never replied, and Joe Rindfleisch couldn't be bothered to actually ship the product I paid for in a timely fashion. There have been others too.

The brilliant exception is John Jurney. He was a real pleasure to deal with.

Mark
[quote]On May 29, 2019, einhorn wrote:
[quote]On May 26, 2019, einhorn wrote:
Hi All

Thanks [/quote]

Thank you for your super service and sorting my issue.
Nick

Thanks - sent. appreciate you looking into this. It seems at first glance to be a brilliant product so congratulations. [/quote] [/quote]

My pleasure Nick :)

Enjoy your watch! :)
I want to add (to my message above) that Joao has now reached out to me via PM and email. He apologized that my emails were somehow missed. Thank you, Joao.

Mark
[quote]On May 29, 2019, saysold1 wrote:

Iíve kept 100 % quiet on this thread. But when a fragile creator starts sending me insulting emails out of the blue - itís a sign of something odd. [/quote]

Well, I think some creators just cannot accept the fact that they are NOT GOD SENT, and others have products actually better than theirs! To be fair, I have had no dealing with Mr Miranda, but I (and many others from looking at the posts) have had the same problems with a certain Mr Rostami ;-)

Also, some creator's idea of marketing their product is to point out all the flaws of/or rub other similar products, or make extraordinary claims about their products ("The Watch is the final answer to the classic watch prediction effect" - indeed!).

Has anyone noticed that despite the many comparisons, extraordinary claims and criticisms of the T-Watch, the T boys have never once posted or said anything close to discrediting other similar products? This is just classy... like the T Watch ;-)

A piece of advise to creators... humility and respect for other creator's products goes a long way.
I thought the T watch boys actually posted hardly anything about their effect or answered any questions from reading their thread .
I am normally wrong though but I had the assumption this thread was about Joaoís product and no one elseís Gaz 🙂
[quote]On May 31, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I thought the T watch boys actually posted hardly anything about their effect or answered any questions from reading their thread .
I am normally wrong though but I had the assumption this thread was about Joaoís product and no one elseís Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

You are absolutely correct! I didn't mean to say that the T-Boys should be posting on this (The Watch) thread. My bad. I was referring to threads about their own watch.
Hey Everyone
Im adding this to the Reel Magic Marketplace on Tuesday........Shoot me an email if youre interested.

kozmomagic@me.com

Kozmo
How is the strap vs the chrome.

Best

Steve
Is there a Facebook group.
[quote]On Jun 2, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:
Is there a Facebook group. [/quote]

Hi Steven,

There is a private group about ALL my creations, including the Watch.

We will be releasing at least more 4 effects until the end of the year and you can share ideas about all my magic and get a sneak peek of upcoming releases here:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/355470724812004/?ref=group_header&view=group
Unfortunately, Joao Miranda could not answer my request until yet.
The cover of my the watch is so loose that the cover almost falls out alone. in the beginning it was a bit better together, but with the fingernails I could open the lid quite easily. Lately I put the clock on the table and when I took the clock again fell the lid and battery out ...this was a little shocking for me. For example the infinity watch has a metal screw lid and that is very good!

The second problem concerns the remote control. There is a hot splice in the remote control broken so you could not press the buttons because the board was loose and gave way...
This has been my edc for just over a week now and I love it. The remote buzzing isn't something anyone has noticed in a real world performing enviroment so I have no issue there. Ive changed the strap to make it look like a sleek minimalist watch which fits me perfectly.

But out with that its pretty close to perfect for me

I can see this being on my wrist for a long time to come.
Alan, would you mind sharing your technique to go from a regular watch to performance watch and back again?
I take off the watch and pretend to set a time, I place it face down in their hand and I place my hand just above it as I say "can you place your other hand on top please" pk ring activates the watch from a good 3 to 4 inches away.

I then do what ever routine I'm going to do and at the end I just input the real time with 8000 after it to set it back to normal mode. This happens as I take the watch back and pretend to reset it with the crown.
Thanks Alan!
Hey Joao, what's the reason of having the watch being activated before performing? I imagine battery saving, but any strictly performing-related ones? Fear of butt-dialing?
Honestly curious.
No problem at all. K hope it gets more people out having it. It is fantastic

[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, videoman wrote:
Thanks Alan! [/quote]
[quote]On Jun 11, 2019, Bernhard wrote:
Unfortunately, Joao Miranda could not answer my request until yet.
The cover of my the watch is so loose that the cover almost falls out alone. in the beginning it was a bit better together, but with the fingernails I could open the lid quite easily. Lately I put the clock on the table and when I took the clock again fell the lid and battery out ...this was a little shocking for me. For example the infinity watch has a metal screw lid and that is very good!

The second problem concerns the remote control. There is a hot splice in the remote control broken so you could not press the buttons because the board was loose and gave way... [/quote]

Any updated reviews or feedback?
Where were these assembled? :hmm:
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jun 27, 2019 02:18PM)
I also would like to find out what is going on. I had a different experience. The Watch (the one I bought from a fellow member here at the Cafť) was high quality. I did notice a scratch on the remote, but the remote works beautifully. It came that way from the maker since the box was sealed and never opened. Plus, I also know it was brand new since it came directly with an invoice and box from Murphy's. I didn't care about the scratch on the remote, because the most important thing is that the remote worked perfectly. The Watch worked perfectly and does not have a scratch.
Hello, anyone having an issue with the watch losing time / not calibrated anymore after a charge?
After taking my watch off charge, turning it on and syncing ... I press 12:00 and it goes to 5:20.
If I put in say 01:32 ... it goes to 6:53.
Jason
[quote]On Jul 7, 2019, jnork wrote:
Hello, anyone having an issue with the watch losing time / not calibrated anymore after a charge?
After taking my watch off charge, turning it on and syncing ... I press 12:00 and it goes to 5:20.
If I put in say 01:32 ... it goes to 6:53.
Jason [/quote]

Hi Jason,

You probably pressed the code 9010 by mistake, which as the calibration video states, is the code that allows you to save a new time.

Either that or you removed the battery while the watch was working in normal watch mode.

Anyway no worries.

In order to calibrate the watch please follow this instructions:

1. Confirm the exact time on the watch. Example: 5.32h
2. Insert the calibration code: 9010
3. Now place the actual hour code. In our example will be 0532.
4. Now input the 12 hours and check if both hands are aligned at the 12:00 (code 1200)
5. If both hands are not aligned at the 12:00 h you will need to move the minutes and hours hand to either the left (counter clockwise) or to the right (clockwise direction) using the following codes:

Minutes hand clockwise direction: 9030
Minutes hand counter clockwise direction: 9031
Hours hand clockwise direction: 9020
Hours hand counter clockwise direction: 9021

Once the hands are roughly aligned at the 12:00 input any hour of your choice and now the watch will go to the hour you just inserted.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you,

Joao
Joao, That did it! Perfect and thanks.
Iíll take a screenshot of this so I can refer to it easily.
I believe I removed the battery while it was in normal Watch mode.
Jason
Joao, is there by chance a 're-set' code or what would the best numbers to use to just 'start all over again' if you feel you've hit the wrong number? Example: this weekend I put in a time (06:38) but noticed before hitting the 3rd number that I hit the 9 and not the 6. What would you recommend to quickly get the watch to an 'idle/done/ready' time frame so you could stall and re-input the correct time?
Jason