(Close Window)
Topic: Cure for drug addiction
Http://www.arabnews.com/node/1494256/science-technology
Better living through electrodes...
Find a cure for gambling addiction.

It affects an addicts friends and family.
Wow, as if this didn't have "The Terminal Man" written all over it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072267/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
Ed, that movie was kind of cool I guess. I saw it when it first came out. I enjoyed it. Hell of a cast... Did you ever read the book? It is a great book. Of course, look who wrote it.
It was an interesting book but it suffered from a lot of what his work does I'm my view. He is HORRIBLE at endings! Fantastic build but wow do some of his endings lack. Congo is the prime example. Such a great build to apes with paddles? Like an ape would need a paddle to kill?

Often it seems like he is in a hurry just to get it out and rushes it.

Sorry to rant lol.
Iím starting a project next week dealing with Electro Shock Therapy. Iíll see if the docs there have anything to say...
It was not long ago that the Docs would drill a hole in the skull and poke into it a knitting needle to kill the part of the brain that they thought was causing the problem. They have progressed from knitting needles to using lasers and drugs but they only know as much about the brain as they did back in their knitting needle days.

The essential problem is that one can only understand that less complex than oneself.
[quote]On May 10, 2019, Cliffg37 wrote:
Ed, that movie was kind of cool I guess. I saw it when it first came out. I enjoyed it. Hell of a cast... Did you ever read the book? It is a great book. Of course, look who wrote it. [/quote]

Yes I did. The weird thing in the movie was George Segal. I mean, he's known as a comedic, slightly bumbling, actor, here he is playing a victim/monster!
I have always been a fan of GS, with King Rat, California Split, The Hot Rock and that German Spy movie springing to mind. He has played so many parts but I donít think I have seen the one you mention.
The only movie of your list I saw was The Hot Rock. I did like him in Rollercoaster and The Black Bird. He was about the only thing worth seeing in The Black Bird.
King Rat is a classic prisoner of war movie. He also played a drug addict in a movie which I cannot recall the name of but it was a good movie about the subject. I like movies that make you think.

PS
Born to Win (1971)