(Close Window)
Topic: Mimic by SansMinds Creative Lab
Looks like a fun effect. It's too bad that they don't show you a full unedited performance.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=64620

Description:

Who says a visual puzzle can't be an amazing trick? Mimic is a visual card effect that can be performed beyond language barriers.

The premise is simple. Tear any pips off any card, restructure its molecules, and visually turn that little corner into a full-size card that you desire, IN YOUR SPECTATOR'S HAND.

It's visual, it's illogical, and it fools people so bad, it makes them cry for help!

Mimic comes with a professionally manufactured gimmick that will last you a lifetime. Fool them now, worldwide.
This looks terrible don't understand what the gimmick would be for
After seeing the demo, I still could not found the magical effect of this prop.
I liked it cool ! very magical...
It looks unlike anything I've seen before, and quite unexpected....
To us magicians it doesn't look good but think about it from a laymans perspective.....you've just ripped a corner and put it on top of a card....and the corner turns into a card!
Visually it looks great... Shame its bike backed.. And I guess the die-cut shape is bespoke...

Feels a bit Sankey too...
If it can be done as the first time he does it in the trailer, I buy 10 of them 😂
[quote]On May 16, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Visually it looks great... Shame its bike backed.. And I guess the die-cut shape is bespoke...

Feels a bit Sankey too... [/quote]

I was told that you can make your own with any back design.
[quote]On May 16, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
[quote]On May 16, 2019, IAIN wrote:

Feels a bit Sankey too... [/quote]

I was told that you can make your own with any back design. [/quote]

Blimey... Who told you that?
Heard it from a magic shop
One Question to all of you: Think most of the SansMinds-Effects look brilliant and extremely visual in the videos; but never heard of any SansMinds-Effect, that is really usable and does in real life the job, the videos promise....
Do you have different experiences?
Are there any really good and handable SansMinds-Effects out there?
Some of the pro series and Will Tsai effects look more practical.

I agree that most of the Sansminds effects only look good in video. Their video-editing skill is amazing!!
[quote]On May 16, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
...Their video-editing skill is amazing!! [/quote]

You nailed it :D
Now thatís different. Likely donít have to worry about the volunteer getting ahead of the effect. ďHmm - heíll probably reattach it or make it appear somewhere, like that guy on TV. Wait... WTF?Ē
Looks pretty magical to me.
[quote]On May 16, 2019, sebola wrote:
One Question to all of you: Think most of the SansMinds-Effects look brilliant and extremely visual in the videos; but never heard of any SansMinds-Effect, that is really usable and does in real life the job, the videos promise....
Do you have different experiences?
Are there any really good and handable SansMinds-Effects out there? [/quote]

Same way when you buy a car the estimated mileage is never, ever even close to reality. But people continue to buy cars, me included.
Any buyers yet? If so, please leave a review. It does not matter if you bought it and now you feel like a sucker because of the full effect. We understand. We will not make fun of you.
[quote]On May 16, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:
If it can be done as the first time he does it in the trailer, I buy 10 of them 😂 [/quote]

^^^ What Alex said. That first ďuncutĒ shot.
I would like it better if the card produced was a duplicate of the torn card. Patter could be like a starfish regenerate an arm if he loses it...now cards can make themselves whole again...or along those lines. I don't get the five producing an Ace??
I think you could combine this with "ńngle Z by Daniel Madison".
This way you don't have to rip a new card everytime.
Is this workable in the real world or not???
If no one buys this by tomorrow 6 pm my time, Iíll take the leap. It looks visual so Iím interested.
[quote]On May 20, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
If no one buys this by tomorrow 6 pm my time, Iíll take the leap. It looks visual so Iím interested. [/quote]

If it looks so visual that's usually not good when talking about Sansmind. Not all their effects but most.
[quote]On May 18, 2019, dscanning wrote:
I would like it better if the card produced was a duplicate of the torn card. Patter could be like a starfish regenerate an arm if he loses it...now cards can make themselves whole again...or along those lines. I don't get the five producing an Ace?? [/quote]

Well, from the trailer I get that the ace was their selection... So for example: You could easily do a wrong prediction (the six of hearts). Then they'll say "No... it was the ace of hearts". Now you rip off a single heart and do a silly joke that it is of course the ace of hearts (because now it only has one heart on the card). Then you do the change and it turns into their real selection.
Great idea GAMJoker 👍👍 , Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: Infographicmagicreviews (Jun 11, 2019 01:44AM)
Just ordered mine. I will put up a review soon after playing around with it!

Anyone else got this effect?
[quote]On Jun 11, 2019, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:
Just ordered mine. I will put up a review soon after playing around with it!

Anyone else got this effect? [/quote]

No, you seem to be the first with the eggs to do this :D Because we know, SansMinds is very visual and perfect in their videos everytime and the real situation is not quite the same very often, nobody did this so far..me neither.

So, respect for your money-courage; cant await your report - cause it really looks incredible in the video again :)
I haven't bought it, because it should be easy to make the gimmick myself, if I ever want to perform it.

As always, Sansminds have cut out the dirty work. You can see in this review, that you have to turn over the deck of cards. So the card you place the corner on top, isn't the actual gimick that will do the change.

https://youtu.be/dFu11leT1LQ?t=265

After this it's just logical thinking how it's done. The concept reminds me of Torn and Amazed by Michael Ammar, if you know that trick. It's basically the same, just in the middle of the card :P

So the only thing you can review here, is probably only if the tool they provide to make the gimmick is worth the price or not :P
[quote]On Jun 11, 2019, GAMJoker wrote:
I haven't bought it, because it should be easy to make the gimmick myself, if I ever want to perform it.

As always, Sansminds have cut out the dirty work. You can see in this review, that you have to turn over the deck of cards. So the card you place the corner on top, isn't the actual gimick that will do the change.

https://youtu.be/dFu11leT1LQ?t=265

After this it's just logical thinking how it's done. The concept reminds me of Torn and Amazed by Michael Ammar, if you know that trick. It's basically the same, just in the middle of the card :P

So the only thing you can review here, is probably only if the tool they provide to make the gimmick is worth the price or not :P [/quote]

Thanks for this video GamJoker. This and your words were very helpful! now ive noticed the work too - didn't see it so far :D
But well, I have to say I like the idea and also the work you have to do. Think this could work in real life.