(Close Window)
Topic: Any Card by Richard Sanders
Sanders is the king of practical workers!!
Any Card is a self working prediction system that is built in a deck of cards.
This is super practical and a real audience fooler that will get you some amazing reactions.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=59459

Best regards,
Titanas
I love the look of this!
Clever quick trick with a sucker element... What's not to love!?

Quintessential Sanders....

MoM have it on the site now shipping form the UK here: https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/any-card

The worldwide release date is the 17th June

Hope this helps
Dominic Reyes
Looks great. Obviously they must mention their thought of card before you remove the Aces. The video makes it appear that you have the aces in your hand before they tell you their thought of card.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Looks great. Obviously they must mention their thought of card before you remove the Aces. The video makes it appear that you have the aces in your hand before they tell you their thought of card. [/quote]

Exactly. Typical con video from murphys
Now, it seems that they named their card BEFORE the Aces were removed. So, if that is the case how the trick is performed then I do not see how the video is misleading. Though, they may have to name the card and THEN you go and out-jog the four ACES. If that is the case then I guess the video is a little misleading. I still think that either way the effect will be very powerful and get great reactions. I really don't think those reactions from the people on the demo were misleading!
Assuming that the final aces are examinable, as is reasonably clear in the video, I would guess that the card must be named before seeing the aces, and some sort of R/S is employed. Not that keen though if the deck can only be used for this. Looks like a fooling trick though.
@RNK

No youíre correct. Therefore why cover up the fact that you must have that information before you deploy Ďtheí 4 Aces?
My only question is...what is examinable?
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
My only question is...what is examinable? [/quote]

Thereís certainly a way of achieving this with a non gimmick deck.
I agree with RNK here. The description given by Richard at the beginning of the trailer is misleading in my opinion.

It suggests you remove the 4 aces BEFORE the spectator names the card.
Thatís incorrect

Iíve emailed Murphys to suggest they change the trailer. And MoM is adding a warning under the demo until itís corrected.

Still a cracking little trick to play with though

Hope this helps
Dominic
I still think even if they name their card and then you say you had the four aces turned over because you were sure they were going to choose one of the aces and proceed to spread the deck and show the turned over Aces and remove them to turn them over to reveal their card, I still think it will be a very strong reaction for laymen.
Remember, quit thinking like a magician and start thinking like a Layman.
Doesn't this seem like the kind of effect where people are immediately going to want to see the cards ?
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Doesn't this seem like the kind of effect where people are immediately going to want to see the cards ? [/quote]

By that point, You have taken the 4 aces out, and put away the deck.....

If they ask, feel free to take the deck out of your pocket for them to play with... I wouldn't bother myself, (control, control, and control) I'd just move things on to the next....
I guess, but my 'layperson simulator' immediately says "wait, how many aces do you have in there?"

YMMV though I guess.
At that moment there is no deck any more. Just you and them and 4 playing cards in play. Then a reaction... If they did ask to see the deck, you can hand them a deck to examine... Do you often have people ask to examine the deck?
In this routine, a deck isn't perceived to be used. The magic is happening with just 4 playing cards... The heat is on them.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Do you often have people ask to examine the deck?
[/quote]

Nah, I'm just mouthing off. I should probably go do something, lol.
In the trailer, you can see a person examining the four aces at the conclusion, but I'm certain that nobody will be allowed to handle the deck afterwards. The method most likely involves R/S with pencil dotted markings to help identify the specific cards (suit/value) that you will remove. This kind of effect won't fool many magicians, but I can see it playing fairly well to laypersons. I'm just not sold that the effect will be strong enough to warrant carrying around another gaffed deck.
I guess, but my 'layperson simulator' immediately says "wait, how many aces do you have in there?"

YMMV though I guess. [/quote]

I agree with this.

The heat could be taken off by peeking a chosen card, rather than having it named.
Doesn't this seem like the kind of effect where people are immediately going to want to see the cards ? [/quote]

Exactly my thoughts on it.
People never asked to see the cards during Deep 3 by Bro Gilbert, doubt theyíd ask about this.
I'd suggest everyone check out the the recent articles on examinability in social magic from.... a certain (apparently controversial) iconoclastic magic blogger whose name starts with A.... Can't link cause it's a no no here.
I love Richard Sanders creations but to me this seems very very obvious and very easy to make up a deck yourself with something we all know .
Lots of effects deploy the repeating words ( The and Of ) and I personally think there is nothing new going on here .
Itís just my opinion as I havenít seen the method but on one viewing of the demo tells me that I could easily make a deck up that achieves this , it also tells me I wouldnít want to anyway as there are way better effects already out there using a very similar principle imho Gaz 🙂
I know its different but this reminds me of Red Hot Prediction by Cameron Francis.
So much this....

Now, if you REALLY love this effect, consider Greg Wilson's Cold Case (or Christian Engblom's The Cooler) a necessity (unless you have your own deck switch that you're VERY comfortable with.

That said, I personally don't think this is strong enough to carry multiple decks with regardless, but that's clearly a matter of opinion.

I'd suggest everyone check out the the recent articles on examinability in social magic from.... a certain (apparently controversial) iconoclastic magic blogger whose name starts with A.... Can't link cause it's a no no here. [/quote]
In this routine, a deck isn't perceived to be used. The magic is happening with just 4 playing cards... The heat is on them. [/quote]

That's a little disingenuous. The magic doesn't really happen with four cards. It happens with four cards pulled from A DECK. And those cards are pulled from the deck AFTER their card is named. That's going to put a little more heat on the deck for some spectators.

However with the focus on the aces you should be able to switch the deck before the climax, if you feel the trick is worth carrying around a one-trick deck for.
I mostly do stage/parlor mentalism, and the card stuff I do is mostly memdeck work, so I'm admittedly kind of just doing the armchair thing here.... but decks that are literally a one-off trick really need to be pretty strong or unique in order to justify the use.

I actually think that the standard Ultra-mental(aka Invisible) or Brainwave decks is stronger and much harder to backtrack.
I know its going to be good because its Richard Sanders.....im going to carry this at the Reel Magic Marketplace.....
What if they name an ace?
I guess it will still work. :) ...
Can see how this would work. Guess after taking the 4 cards out, pocket the deck, then if specs want to see the deck pull a regular deck out of your pocket and let em have at it. I do mostly walk around and usually have at least 2 decks with if not 3 for various effects. Yeah making a deck like that might not be that hard but I will support the creator.
Well Iíve never been disappointed by anything from Sanders.
I think, though, it better be clever for a $40 deck, lol
I don't own the effect but have a fairly good idea of what's going on.

Couple of things:

Not deceptive advertising. You could easily show the Aces, then have them name their card and then remove the Aces. Think about it...

Second, why, oh, why would there be any heat on the deck? Come on, guys. They name a card. You spread through the face down deck and show 4 reversed Aces. No other cards are face up. Then remove them and do the reveal.

There would be zero interest in the deck because there were NO OTHER FACE UP CARDS. The cards that are important are fairly seen the whole time.

I think this looks brilliant. Richard always structures his routines very well. There's no way this will be less than a terrific effect.
Totally agree Cameron.

After performing now for many years I can usually tell if an effect will work for me and my audience. I do believe this will be very strong and those reactions in the demo were no joke.
Is it possible that I write the name of cards on the backside or are the names
are already printed on the backside?
It reminds me of Omen by Chris Congreave..?
Reminds me of Omen too.
I love Sanders and Iím a sucker for these types of effects so Iíll almost certainly be picking this up.

I think people are too critical about demo vids in general these days. Admittedly, a few are horrendous which causes people to nit pick and find fault everywhere. We all know what is going on here, thereís no heavy deception.
Most of you are too young to remember the catalog descriptions of yesteryear. Now those were some real doosies! 😀
Nobody asks to see your Invisible Deck, nobody thinks there are additional face up cards... A deck only has 4 aces, their brain can't move past that and even if it could, they would start thinking that you'd need SO MANY aces face up in the deck to have all of the possible card combinations that they could name (not the case, but they'd probably think that in the moment and dismiss that method).
Hi everyone out there is Cafť land!

Man, I could use a coffee right about now.
I also just noticed that my avatar pic is way out of date. I haven't looked like that for 10 years!

Before I begin, I gotta say, I hate pipe dreams and impractical effects that can only be performed on Instagram or Youtube. The real thrill of magic comes when we share it with live humans :) This is why I work very hard on my effects, with a clear goal to create REAL WORLD, killer effects that magicians will want to use.

Any Card has been worked and reworked for a period of 10+ years.
Yup, I started working on Any Card about the same time my avatar pic was taken, LOL!
The seed of this idea came to me well over 10 years ago and I have been refining it ever since.
I was never completely happy with it until I stumbled upon a few really powerful enhancements and new concepts which turned this into an organic piece of wow!

I wanted to discuss a few things that were brought up here on the Cafť:

First, Any Card is a strong and practical piece of magic that allows you to predict ANY CARD named or thought-of to be printed on the back of the 4 aces.
No Forces, an absolutely free choice of any card...and a super fast reset that's done right in front of the spectator.

"The effect" has been battle tested in the real world for years
"The method" has been re-worked many times over. There are a few special features worked into the deck and handling that will make you smile!

The Invisible Deck is a staple in most magicians repertoires, however, there's always that spectator who says, "you quickly flipped the card over!"
With Any Card, the prediction is undeniable as the name of their freely named card is PRINTED, IN BIG BOLD LETTERS on the back of the 4 aces in their own hand!

I was not satisfied with the standard R/S concept as the aces would not last long if they were constantly placed on the table or placed in the spectators hands. So I worked harder and came up with a different concept that allows the aces to be handled as much as anyone wants with no wear and tear on the effect :)

When I first started working on ANY CARD, I too had magicians anxiety thinking that the spectators would want to examine the deck.
I had all kinds of clever deck switches in mind for this.
However, as I began performing this for people I discovered that no-one cared about the deck.

The effect is simple:
You hand the deck to someone and ask them to think of a card.
You look at them and say, "I flipped over the 4 aces in the deck you're holding because I'm pretty sure you're thinking of a ace, right?"
They say "NO, they're actually thinking of the six of spades!"
You then show them the 4 aces that you turned over in the deck (as you mention the fact that most people think of Aces) and casually put the aces in their hand.
At this point, they think you failed.
The effect is over to them. The deck is now an afterthought. The heat is off and the deck is out of play.
When the spectator turns over the aces in their own hands and discover that they SPELL OUT the name of their thought-of card, BOOM, mind blown!
This is a sucker punch that no one sees coming.

Any Card a one deck trick, however, the effect is so strong that it warrants it.
The ability to reveal any thought-of card "PRINTED IN ADVANCE" in the spectator's hand is an impossible dream effect of mine.
Any Card is a practical and powerful solution to this Holy Grail of an effect.

Regarding the demo. I think the demo gives an accurate description of the effect as there are so many ways you can perform this.
I stand by the demo as well as the effect. It's a real world miracle and I think you will have a blast performing it :)

Within the project I explain 3 audience tested presentations for Any Card, ranging from simple for 1-2 spectators to bold and powerful for a room or table of spectators. One of my favourite approaches involves a prediction of ANY 4 OF A KIND and ANY CARD and both are revealed in the same deck!

If anyone has any more questions, please email me directly at info@sandersfx.com and I will be happy to answer any questions as best as I can.

Remember to HAVE MORE FUN performing!
Magic is meant to be shared.

Rich
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, Mentalism wrote:
Is it possible that I write the name of cards on the backside or are the names
are already printed on the backside? [/quote]

You are almost always required to write on the cards yourself (or get your wife to do it like I do because she prints legibly.)

The fact that the ad copy says ďcustomizable in other languagesĒ is a sure sign that you better get your Sharpie ready.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, Dominic Reyes wrote:Do you often have people ask to examine the deck?
In this routine, a deck isn't perceived to be used. The magic is happening with just 4 playing cards... The heat is on them. [/quote]

If you're doing magic in a social setting, like I do, people ALWAYS want to examine the deck. Unless it is implicitly obvious that you're working FASDIU.

My approach would be the following:
1) Perform "Any card".
2) Do a deck switch just before or during the revelation, while the heat is on the four aces.
3) Perform another trick with the ungimmicked aceless deck. OOTW would be an idea, using the four aces again.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jun 11, 2019 04:27AM)
Personally, I think it looks great, I have a very clear method in my head how I would achieve this and also had the same idea as Cameron that you can easily show the Aces BEFORE they name their card and then you go through, remove the Aces and can then go into the reveal. I'm not a big fan of single deck tricks, however I think some are worth it. The only thing for me, I need to decide what is stronger to a spectator in my opinion... any named card in wallet, or any named card printed on the back of 4 Aces. I am sure most would say the Card in wallet as there is just one card and nothing else in play, but to me that is a Magician thinking and not a spectator. I also like the idea of saying the 'You thought of an Ace didn't you', before showing you were right, kind of a Magician in trouble kind of effect. Well done AGAIN Richard!
I did a wedding cocktail hour this past Saturday and trying to get make sure most of the 200 people were able to be entertained in 1 hour and 15 minutes allowed only minutes for each group. An effect like this would have been ideal for such a gig.
I think Richard coming on here and answering some key questions in the way that he did was pure class 👍👍 .
His presentation and reasoning for everything makes perfect sense (as always) and it sounds a very nicely worked out effect .
I would only say in answer to his invisible deck view point that if a spectator may think you cleverly flipped their card over then there is a solution .
Use a brainwave deck instead which infact his new effect has more relevance to as the first reveal is face up on both .
I wish him great success with this new release and I look forward to seeing his new formula over traditional R&S methods and his handling nuisances which could be worth the asking price on their own Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 11, 2019 07:22AM)
Thank you for chiming in, Richard! I think this will play very strong to laymen.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 11, 2019 08:02AM)
I'd suggest everyone check out the the recent articles on examinability in social magic from.... a certain (apparently controversial) iconoclastic magic blogger whose name starts with A.... Can't link cause it's a no no here. [/quote]

X2 . If your friends don't want to check out this deck it doesn't mean your magic skills are great. It means you start using deodorant.
Lol 😂😂
Clarity. At last. Now it becomes apparent and clearly reflects the price of this fantastic effect.
New effect by Richard Sanders you say?

Insta-Buy!

Sanders always puts so much thought and effort into his releases. Iíve yet to be disappointed.
I guess for $40 the question I have, is could this deck be made up easily enough with my favorite deck later, given a little arts and crafts? Iíd hate to be using a $40 trick deck and not be able to recreate it later when I need to.
Yes I would say easily Gaz 🙂
Its a good idea, doesn't look like the quickest trick to reset tho, granted you take out the aces, put the deck in your pocket. Trick finished, turn around, take deck back out, insert aces back in to their correct position. Unlike say brainwave or invisible deck where you just keep a break and slide the card back in and you're done.
[quote]On Jun 11, 2019, Chamberlain wrote:
Its a good idea, doesn't look like the quickest trick to reset tho, granted you take out the aces, put the deck in your pocket. Trick finished, turn around, take deck back out, insert aces back in to their correct position. Unlike say brainwave or invisible deck where you just keep a break and slide the card back in and you're done. [/quote]

Richard just said...

[quote]On Jun 11, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
...and a super fast reset that's done right in front of the spectator.[/quote]
Do you often have people ask to examine the deck?
[/quote]

Nah, I'm just mouthing off. I should probably go do something, lol. [/quote]

LOL. At least you're honest.
I agree itís an irrelevant question , as it never happens .
If it was to happen , say no or just bring out a regular deck from the same pocket you have just put the gimmicked deck in after taking the Aces out to begin the effect from their perspective Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jun 10, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I love Richard Sanders creations but to me this seems very very obvious and very easy to make up a deck yourself with something we all know .
Lots of effects deploy the repeating words ( The and Of ) and I personally think there is nothing new going on here .
Itís just my opinion as I havenít seen the method but on one viewing of the demo tells me that I could easily make a deck up that achieves this , it also tells me I wouldnít want to anyway as there are way better effects already out there using a very similar principle imho Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

If you wanted to eliminate "name any card" and have them select one instead, (which I suppose is not "quite" as strong as the freely name part, then you could decide which card you want to force, put it on top, write the card on the back of the aces, actually stick them toward the bottom of the deck, then use perhaps a rollover force to force top card, and go into your reveal. Pros? No gimmck deck. Cons? You can only get one result vs multiple.

And I know that eliminates the entire point of the trick, which is that they "freely name" any card, which I suppose is stronger, but then again, in the mind of a layman, if they truly believe they had a free choice, there is a not a lot of difference. It's a case of compromise for what you desire as an end result, and whether you feel it's worth the gimmick deck and extra trouble.

Diminishing returns.
Daffy I donít want to eliminate ď name any card ď . Just saying you can do that with an an ID deck or a BW deck etc etc and I love Richard Sanders !
I am just hoping he has a new roughing solution that has never been seen before and has also come up with other nuisances that have never been seen before .
I love the plot and the creator so this effect really excites me Gaz 🙂
Anyone know if there is a downloadable video or DVD? I remember great difficulties with Richard's Alpha Deck - the video on his site was not downloadable and also wasnít watchable for many users.

Thanks!

Jim
[quote]On Jun 11, 2019, J-Mac wrote:
Anyone know if there is a downloadable video or DVD? I remember great difficulties with Richard's Alpha Deck - the video on his site was not downloadable and also wasnít watchable for many users.

Thanks!

Jim [/quote]

I believe the ad copy said online instructions but wasnít specific beyond that.
Hi J-mac :)

Yes my previous downloads were hosted on a site that, unfortunately, went out of business.
This was beyond my control, so the only thing I could do was learn from it.
I learned that the only way to ensure solid deliverability is to host with a reputable company.

The new platform is Vimeo.
Vimeo has been delivering video for many years and is considered one of the best video delivery systems online
The online instructions are easy to view and play and the site is solid.
Incidentally, Any Card video instructions are very thorough, giving you all of the tools that you will need to make the most out of this miracle effect.

On a side note, regarding the old instructions, I did my best to always answer any emails from clients within 24 hours but most of the time I got back within 1-2 hours with new download instructions. Bottom line, I care about my customers.

I hope that helps.

Rich
Richard, Any Card looks fantastic. Looking forward to picking this up. Thank you very much for coming here and answering questions and for being such a gentleman.
The responses and willingness of Richard to reach out and answer questions is refreshing.

Well done and thank you.
^^^agreed^^^
I concur with NeilS and others about complimenting Richard for taking time to answer our questions and concerns about his new release. For that reason alone I went ahead and pre-ordered...Thank you Richard!
Looks great, and like most of my other effects from Richard Sanders I assume this will be a worker and time tested.

Question: When the add says: Customizable for other languages, I assume that means the cards are ďblankĒ and you hav to put the writing on yourself.

In Danish that would be in 4 words: The Five of Clubs will become ďyou choose club fiveĒ (Du vślger KlÝr FemĒ). The difference is that the in the British version Ace 1 and Ace 3 is the indifferent cards, where as in a Danish version it will be Ace 1 and Ace 2.

Now, I donít see that as a problem regarding the method involved, but I just want to make sure that I donít overlook something.

Br

Jan
Vanishing Inc has already mailed my copy. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Is this language customized?

Congrats Richard for the release!

[quote]FEATURES:
Works with ANY CARD (No Force)
Self working
Fast reset
Angle Poof
[b]Customizable for other languages[/b][/quote]

Next time I should read the advertising before asking questions :D

Hi Jan and Lseeyou,

Yes, the deck can be customized to suit different languages.
I have a section on different languages on the project where I discuss how to perform this with languages that use different wording than THE FIVE OF CLUBS...as in your case Jan :) Also, without discussing method too much here, the order of the cards is insignificant as you will find.
I contacted my friends all over the world to get their input so the info is solid.
I hope that helps.

Rich
[quote]On Jun 12, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
Hi J-mac :)

Yes my previous downloads were hosted on a site that, unfortunately, went out of business.
This was beyond my control, so the only thing I could do was learn from it.
I learned that the only way to ensure solid deliverability is to host with a reputable company.

The new platform is Vimeo.
Vimeo has been delivering video for many years and is considered one of the best video delivery systems online
The online instructions are easy to view and play and the site is solid.
Incidentally, Any Card video instructions are very thorough, giving you all of the tools that you will need to make the most out of this miracle effect.

On a side note, regarding the old instructions, I did my best to always answer any emails from clients within 24 hours but most of the time I got back within 1-2 hours with new download instructions. Bottom line, I care about my customers.

I hope that helps.

Rich [/quote]

I asked Richard this morning about the Alpha deck instructions. I received a reply within 1 minute!!!
His customer service is as good as the products he regularly offers the magic community.
Thank you Richard, you do care and it shows!
Patrick
[quote]On Jun 12, 2019, trickymagic wrote:
Vanishing Inc has already mailed my copy. 🤷🏼‍♂️ [/quote]

Really? Thatís awesome!
Says on their site it ships June 17th.

Not to question or doubt you. But did they just create a shipping label, and notify you? I know that happens often but the product ships another day. Itís just notifying you they created the label. Which does include a tracking number too.

Again, not that I donít believe you. But it seems weird...

Thank you

Mike
Does anybody know if you spread this deck face up can you show the spectators any faces ? Or are they all still
face down so therefore you canít ? Cheers Gaz 🙂
Mikenewman

see screenshot attached.
Had this had been around for a century and then ID or Brainwave came out, people would be losing their minds. "You can do the four ace trick without any of the removing the aces business. Just turn over the upside down card and it's the one they named!" But we love the new. And this is fun and new. So nice job Richard.

On a related note, I've always said that if your speaker or appliance could only be controlled by your voice for the last 12 years and then somebody said, hey I've invented something where you don't have to talk out loud to your appliances anymore. You can just use your thumb on your phone. People would go crazy for the "speaker that doesn't require you to talk to it." We're a strange bunch, wanting what we didn't have.
Mikenewman

I couldn't figure out how to attach a screenshot of the tracking, so here it is just copied..

Jun 12, 2019
08:36 am
Your shipment has departed the USPS regional origin facility.
Sacramento Ca Distribution Center, , US
Jun 12, 2019
06:10 am
Your shipment has arrived at the USPS regional origin facility.
Sacramento Ca Distribution Center, , US
Jun 12, 2019
04:55 am
Your shipment has been accepted at the USPS origin facility.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742, US
Jun 11, 2019
11:30 pm
Package pending acceptance.
Jun 11, 2019
08:31 pm
We have packaged your item and it's awaiting the USPS driver who will pick it up from Vanishing Inc. HQ. Today's driver is Pattrick and we like him.
Estimated delivery date: Friday, June 14, 2019
Iíll admit it. I like Mr Sanders thinking. I have a few of his releases. Like most of us, Iíve watched the ad video a couple of times and think to myself, I like this. A lot. Iím almost certain that a S****h is needed if I want to show the deck for some odd reason. I do not own this yet. But I will. This reminds me of a combination of things. The I.D. Combined with a F**c* D*ck. ( that looks looks weird 🤦‍♂️ ) if this is the case. I would not be surprised because of the specific type of creativity that Mr Sanders uses. Itís brilliant. And genuine. So if Iím right, Iím going to buy it. And if I'm wrong. Iím going to buy it. Win win situation for me.

BTW, Any Card looks super slick Richard Sanders.
[quote]On Jun 12, 2019, trickymagic wrote:
Estimated delivery date: Friday, June 14, 2019 [/quote]

AWESOMENESS!!!!!

Wow!!!!
Looks like another great creation by Richard Sanders! To me, this has a vague resemblance to the Anything Deck by Paul Harris. I've performed that trick with great success and reactions countless times and the heat is never on the deck which is usually left in plain view. So I can see how the heat wouldn't be on the Any Card deck and moreso how easy a deck switch could be implemented.
Saw Jamie Allen perform this in his act onboard a cruise ship last week it went down really well as did Jamieís whole show
Friends I am with are still talking about any card
Canít wait to get one
Thank goodness itís not card shark selling it would probably be twice the price
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 13, 2019 12:01PM)
[quote]On Jun 12, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
The I.D. Combined with a F**c* D*ck. ( that looks looks weird 🤦‍♂️ ) [/quote]

:lol:
I contacted VanishingInc. They received advance copies. But those are all gone.

I just ordered from Penguin. They have it. For now. Iím assuming they got advance copies as well.

Iíve never been disappointed w RS. So this is a no brainer.

Looking forward to it
Hocus Pocus shipped mine today. Plus they were offering free shipping so a good deal.
Received mine today, gotta say I really like it. Looking forward to putting this to work.

Nm
This will be on the Reel Magic Marketplace........
Just as others have already stated, I too have and actually USE several of Richard Sanders items - they are real world workers! I am certain that Any Card will be the same.
I have ordered my Any Card and will be looking forward to adding it my my arsenal!
[quote]On Jun 13, 2019, johndevacmaker wrote:
Saw Jamie Allen perform this in his act onboard a cruise ship last week it went down really well as did Jamieís whole show
Friends I am with are still talking about any card
Canít wait to get one
Thank goodness itís not card shark selling it would probably be twice the price [/quote]

I have also just placed order with Penguin as they already have it in stock

Must say I agree with John the price for this effect is very fair
as you say thank goodness itís not a CardShark selling it as based on his previous track record it would have cost twice the price !
Ro*****f*** or not ?
********d**** !@#$*** of cou**e. Duh.
So am I getting this right ? You can show the aces BEFORE they name a card ?
On the site now
[quote]On Jun 14, 2019, Frank Fantastic wrote:
So am I getting this right ? You can show the aces BEFORE they name a card ? [/quote]

I believe you can, but I would assume you then you need to square up the deck along with the aces before they name a card.
I donít have a problem with that at all. I think this will be a very practical fooler dooler.
[quote]On Jun 13, 2019, magicnorm wrote:
Received mine today, gotta say I really like it. Looking forward to putting this to work.

Nm [/quote]

How about a review?
Yeh, come on, spill the beans.
The Aces would appear in completely different places in the spread a second later one would presume ? Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 15, 2019 07:36AM)
That sounds like real magic, Gaz!
Haha. 2 effects in 1.
[quote]On Jun 15, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The Aces would appear in completely different places in the spread a second later one would presume ? Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

No, I believe you are incorrect in that presumption Gaz.
If I understand this correctly, 2 of the aces would be in EXACTLY the same spot in the deck and the other 2 aces would be so near to the same spot that no spectator could ever notice any discrepancy.
Arrived home this evening and my package containing Any Card was waiting on my porch. Whoo Hoo!!!
It is exactly what I thought it would be. Great and clever thinking by Richard Sanders. I love effects like this.

The deck is beautifully made and the teaching is excellent.
You get a blue backed deck and the "4 aces" are red backed so the premise is that you took them out of a different deck. This part of the effect wasn't mentioned in the trailer or perhaps I missed it. I was expecting an all red backed deck. It's not a big deal but I would have preferred a red backed deck because that is what I almost always use. So if I did want to do a deck switch (which is not necessary unless you wish to perform more card effects) I could do so using the color of deck I always use. I don't feel that taking the aces "from another deck" really adds anything to the effect. But not a big deal. Had I known I still would have purchased it.

And good news, the reset is quick and easy and can be done while chatting with specs.

FYI, for those with super dry hands like myself who often have trouble with cards using this principle, Richard has manufactured these in a way that makes it super easy to use. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to perform it easily but I have no problem with this deck. It's really well made.

I'm super happy with it. No apps required, no worries about it continuing to be upgraded, just some super practical old school magic.

This is definitely another "real world worker" from Richard IMO.
Oh, so it does use bluff and groove? Seemed like he was saying it didn't, but it also seems like it must. I'm guessing it's applied like what you put in coffee (not sugar, the mix of cream and milk)? Or something similar...
Not R/S, Richard addressed that in his first post in this thread.
He doesnít state exactly what he uses but I think I could probably guess.
The way he put the deck together it should last a long time and specs wonít find anything funny about the aces and can handle them freely.

Sorry, I donít get your coffee analogy. Been a long day in the sun and Iím too exhausted to think too hard.
Half and half. Meaning top and bottom, applied on one half only, which is a way to make sure they separate easily when you want them to.

So, perhaps semantics, but when I think R+S, I'm personally including things like SF or PD, etc, things that have the same function, i.e, to keep things aligned until you don't want them aligned.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 16, 2019 01:09AM)
After reading these posts I cannot drink coffee anymore without thinking of Richard Sanders... :confused:
[quote]On Jun 15, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Oh, so it does use bluff and groove? Seemed like he was saying it didn't, but it also seems like it must. I'm guessing it's applied like what you put in coffee (not sugar, the mix of cream and milk)? Or something similar... [/quote]

I feel abnormally proud (or perhaps I should be embarrassed) that I got all the references/meanings in the above post on the first try. Usually I'm a bit slow, but apparently not this time.
Thanks for you very informative review Videoman and yes of course I know two of the Aces never need to move .
I already stated that in an early post on this thread that two ( of the ) words never change .
I too would always prefer red backed bikes and I presume that can be applied in the message box when ordering .
Anyway itís a cool effect but when you work things often like this to get guaranteed success you either need to prematurely apply the new solution or inevitably fail every now and again in performance ( I am not a fan of this variant ) which tells you in itself to reapply Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: Emerson Rodrigues (Jun 16, 2019 05:20AM)
Richard Sanders has done it again! Simply brilliant a new effect that will become a "classic" for sure!
I'm done with any variant of RS too. I just don't subscribe to decks that wear out or sudden lose their grip.

Then Iím left with an unreliable gaffed deck that I'm afraid to use with confidence.

RS is rough smooth not Richard Sanders 😀
Taller8, Any Card does not use RS. I specifically engineered the deck so that the Aces could be handled freely with no wear and tear on the deck. I can't go into more depth here as this is beyond the scope of this public discussion. I hope that helps.
Thanks for the honest review Videoman.

The reason for the blue backed deck is that I wanted the marked aces to really stand out from the rest of the cards in the deck.
The fact that the face up aces are a different color from the rest of the deck also further hammers home the point that the face up aces are distinct.
This is one of the reasons why there is no heat on the rest of the deck :)

Why a blue backed deck and red backed aces?
Because writing shows up best on red backed cards.

I want to help clarify something here:
There is a lot of talk about switching decks and how some prefer to work with red-backed cards, etc.

Hereís the thing: There is no need for Any Card to match your deck!

Any card should be treated as either a ďone off card miracleĒ or a ďspecial predictionĒ
Simply hand the deck to someone and have them think of a card and carry on with the rest of the effect.
Thatís it!

They donít question the different deck because they have no idea whatís about to happen.
They know itís a ďspecial predictionĒ and now they are pumped to see what it is.

With that said, here are a few examples of how I use Any Card:

1) As a "stand alone" card effectÖso no other card tricks are shown.
Usually when I am showing a group a series of close up effects I like to do a variety things.
Example a card effect, a coin effect and a borrowed object effect. This is a good balance for me.
Any Card is the perfect mind blower for the times when you want your one card trick to blow their mind!

2) I use Any Card to end my card session with with a bang!
I do my reg card effects with any deck I want.
To end I say, "Can I show you guys something really special"!
I then take out Any Card have them hold the deck in their hands and move forward with the effect.

3) I start by taking out the Any Card deck. I then stop and say, ďOops I can't use this deck yet because it has a special prediction in it. We'll get back to this a little later!Ē I then take out my regular deck and do my series of card effects with it. When I come back to the Any Card deck later they are waiting in anticipation for the effect.

Hereís the thing, I also started out by thinking that I had to rationalize this other deck or have it match my regular deck, etc.
However, by trial and error I realized that no one really cared!
So, now I just pull out Any Card at any time I want and say something along the lines of... ďHereís something specialĒ I then hand the deck to someone and I move on with the effect!

As magicians we tend run when no one is chasing us :)

I hope this helps

Rich
As always itís a pleasure when you release an effect of yours
And your advice is valuable and refreshing. Thank you for explaining the little nuances of this trick

I have already ordered this and canít wait till it arrives tomorrow
Big fan of your effects 👌
I don't know. On the trailer it looked like you show the aces first, then the spectator names their card and you immediately turn around the aces. Now it seems you gotta square the deck first which conveniently wasn't shown on the trailer. Also nowhere was it mentioned that the aces have a different back color than the deck. Is there a way to get the product with the aces in the same color ?
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 16, 2019 10:11AM)
Did you read earlier posts? This has all been discussed, Frank. :ohyes:
Great response Richard it makes perfect sense when you spell it out like that Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jun 16, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Did you read earlier posts? This has all been discussed, Frank. :ohyes: [/quote]

Uhm, yeah I indeed read all the posts so far. Where does it say you can get the product with the aces in the same back color as the deck ? I might have missed it, thanks.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 16, 2019 10:43AM)
Ok, just checking. Sometimes people just ask questions without any effort. But you obviously didn't do that, good to hear. :cheers: You cannot order it with the aces in the same back color, Richard designed it the way it is on purpose, see his last post. He thinks it's stronger like this. It's an interesting post, despite the picture next to it where he looks like a character from The Bold And The Beautiful. :lol:
Yeah, I had read that post as well, but thanks for the summary anyway ;) . I just inquired because he had not specifically denied the possibility of all cards in the same color (which would be the only version I'd be interested in). Thing is, as thoughtful his reasons for having 2 different colors might be, I wouldn't want to purchase a trick only to realize after the fact it only makes sense as a one-off or ending trick - especially as it doesn't say so anywhere in the ad copy. I guess my overall bottom line is the trailer and ad copy could have been more clear in terms of a) the timing/handling of the aces and b) the different colors.
I read that is is customizable to different languages but I want to make sure it is possible for German, too.
(Mostly because I had problems before that "different languages" only applied to English, French and Spanish.)

My concern is that cards in German have only two words "Herz Bube" "Karo Vier".
You can add an article (der, die, das) to make three words but that might add another problem because you would have to use all different articles for different cards to make it sound right.
("Das Herz Ass" but "Die Karo Drei" and "Der Pik Bube")
Any real sentence that would fit is much longer than four words. ("Deine Karte ist XXX XXX.")
I really like the idea of the trick but I am not sure how to make it work in German.
Does anybody have some ideas?
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 17, 2019 05:53AM)
Tell Germans to start speaking a real language.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 17, 2019 05:56AM)
Just kidding. I'm Dutch, so I would say our languages are quite comparable. In Dutch you could say: You choose ... ... . In German maybe "Du wšhlte Karo Drei" ?
Excellent rationale, Richard. I too openly use different decks for certain tricks (Fixed Fate, Red Hot Prediction, etc.). "I made a prediction in this deck of cards..." It makes perfect sense to use a different deck if you openly admit that you prepared it in a certain way.
[quote]On Jun 15, 2019, videoman wrote:
Arrived home this evening and my package containing Any Card was waiting on my porch. Whoo Hoo!!!
It is exactly what I thought it would be. Great and clever thinking by Richard Sanders. I love effects like this.

The deck is beautifully made and the teaching is excellent.
You get a blue backed deck and the "4 aces" are red backed so the premise is that you took them out of a different deck. This part of the effect wasn't mentioned in the trailer or perhaps I missed it. I was expecting an all red backed deck. It's not a big deal but I would have preferred a red backed deck because that is what I almost always use. So if I did want to do a deck switch (which is not necessary unless you wish to perform more card effects) I could do so using the color of deck I always use. I don't feel that taking the aces "from another deck" really adds anything to the effect. But not a big deal. Had I known I still would have purchased it.

And good news, the reset is quick and easy and can be done while chatting with specs.

FYI, for those with super dry hands like myself who often have trouble with cards using this principle, Richard has manufactured these in a way that makes it super easy to use. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to perform it easily but I have no problem with this deck. It's really well made.

I'm super happy with it. No apps required, no worries about it continuing to be upgraded, just some super practical old school magic.

This is definitely another "real world worker" from Richard IMO. [/quote]

Thanks for excellent Review

One Question do you have to go through the Desk with a Sharpie and Mark all the Cards or does the Deck come Pre Printed ?
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 17, 2019 07:52AM)
You have do it yourself. I tried to hire a German to mark them for me. But they seem to be finding it difficult.
Sharpies aren't good for marking decks... the color will pass to other cards due to the alchool I think?

Does anyone has a better option?
I donít know why sellers canít just have them pre printed

Much better all round
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
I donít know why sellers canít just have them pre printed

Much better all round [/quote]

Actually it's better hand written IMO, more authentic and believable. After all we are telling the spectator that we made a prediction before hand.
Hey Hey Hey, it's me again!

BY the way, "the bold and the beautiful" comment was hilarious!!!!!
I gotta admit that the only time I looked like my avatar photo was...well never...that's the beauty of photoshop.
Immediately after the photo session I went back to looking like an average, card trick performing human.

Re the project:

I explain how to mark the cards in the video instructions.
It is very straight forward and simple to do.

FYI, in regards to why sellers don't have the cards pre-written:
Ever since magic companies started "marking" Bicycle decks, Bicycle created a strict rule that will not allow any "manipulation of the Bicycle back design".
It's been a real stumbling block for many card effects.
Also, it's economically unsustainable to prepare decks for so many different languages.

In regards to marking the cards for other languages:
I explain how to mark the cards when it comes to different languages on the project.
Especially languages that don't use the typical "The Five Of Clubs" sequence of words.
Example, instead of The-Five-of-Clubs...use "I-Predict-Five-Clubs"
or you can even have multiple words on one or all cards as in this example: "You Will-Choose-Five-Clubs".
The order of the words makes no difference on the working of the effect.
There is no need to alter the handling at all as you will find out in the instructions.

I really cover everything in the instructions to make this a bullet proof piece of impossible magic that YOU WILL USE!
There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears that went into the making of this effect.
There's a reason this took 10+ years to make it to market :)

Have a great day :)

Rich
I just have to say again that this is a brilliant release all around IMO. Possibly Richard's best ever which would really be saying a lot (ok, maybe second to Extreme Burn :)).
I highly recommend it.

PS-Iím not a shill, just a very happy hard earned cash paying customer.
Hell9 Richard, could you tell us what was the inspiration for this effect i†Ľ thereís one ? I may think thereís one since most if not all the stuff released is inspired from what already exists...
I received this over the weekend. I will be the first to admit that I wasn't very excited about this initially, but after seeing that it does not use traditional rough/smooth and that the reset can be done quickly (in front of spectator's) it makes this effect a real-worker.

I only use RED Bicycle decks when I perform, but in this case the supplied blue deck is justified ("In this deck is a prediction...blah, blah, blah"). I haven't road-tested "Any Card" yet, but it has plenty of audience appeal; especially if the spectator turns over the aces himself. I'm going to write on the faces of the cards next to the 'single' aces (i.e. "The and "Of" cards) because it will make the reset even easier since you'll be able to visually see where to place them (I'll just print the same two words)....Nobody ever sees the faces anyway. Very good Richard Sanders, it was worth the 10-year wait :)
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, Jared wrote:
I received this over the weekend. I will be the first to admit that I wasn't very excited about this initially, but after seeing that it does not use traditional rough/smooth and that the reset can be done quickly (in front of spectator's) it makes this effect a real-worker.

I only use RED Bicycle decks when I perform, but in this case the supplied blue deck is justified ("In this deck is a prediction...blah, blah, blah"). I haven't road-tested "Any Card" yet, but it has plenty of audience appeal; especially if the spectator turns over the aces himself. I'm going to write on the faces of the cards next to the 'single' aces (i.e. "The and "Of" cards) because it will make the reset even easier since you'll be able to visually see where to place them (I'll just print the same two words)....Nobody ever sees the faces anyway. Very good Richard Sanders, it was worth the 10-year wait :) [/quote]
:applause:
So this does not use roughing spray , a roughing stick , science friction or Plastidip ?
It will be great if Richard has found something new here , if so it will be revolutionary imo Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, Lseeyou wrote:
Sharpies aren't good for marking decks... the color will pass to other cards due to the alcohol I think?

Does anyone has a better option? [/quote]

Yes, Sharpies :) I have zero problems using sharpies, even on the thin double decker decks that give a lot of bleed through problems. You just have to let them completely dry but I don't know exactly how long that takes. When I write on cards I let them dry for 24 hours. I have never had bleed through this way. I know we want to dig in and practice the trick right away but its worth it to let them dry and let that alcohol dissipate.

Waiting very impatiently for my deck to arrive!
I used a Sharpie King-sized and had no problems with bleed-thru. Just follow Richard's advice and let them thoroughly dry for a couple of hours before reassembling the deck. The markings look nice and bold and stand out nicely on RED back Bikes.

Gaz, I don't know what spray Richard used, but it wasn't traditional roughing spray or a stick. Apparently whatever he's using it won't wear off, and so no retouching is necessary.
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
So this does not use roughing spray , a roughing stick , science friction or Plastidip ?
It will be great if Richard has found something new here , if so it will be revolutionary imo Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Yeah, see, saying no R+S but then using something along the lines of PD or SF, while technically true, feels a little misleading to me. But whatever.

Yes, PD and SF (and the stick for that matter, when applied heavier) are different in one way, but aren't they the same principle?

Dunno, maybe that's just me.
They are certainly the principle I have been using for almost 10 years now . Although they are better imo they do still wear off over time and do need reapplication Gaz 🙂
Is there any chance we could see an unedited video of the full effect?
RS handles differently from SF. SF is as close to 100% reliable as one could hope to achieve, while RS shortcomings handling and spread-wise are known. You assumed no RS meant no application for the principle that both RS and SF handle, when actually it was meant literally, as in no RS. Adverts rarely/never get that granular on the method or specific applications used.

Further, the structure of this routine was tailor-made for SF. I would just mention that the use of SF (the card adhering principle) appears nicely buried in routine, used when there is no heat, and totally forgotten after the finish.

Richard killed it with this. It's got magician in trouble, which also conveniently removes the heat while the deed is done. The odd color cards reinforce that it was a prediction, made ahead of time that clearly came from another deck. Once they are in play, the deck doesn't matter, one can observe the whole deck blue and that those were the only aces anyways. Put the deck away if one wants to at that point, but I can't see it mattering. The spectators believe you've missed. Now the cards are turned over and BANG! Mind Blown.

[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
It will be great if Richard has found something new here , if so it will be revolutionary imo Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Yeah, see, saying no R+S but then using something along the lines of PD or SF, while technically true, feels a little misleading to me. But whatever.

Yes, PD and SF (and the stick for that matter, when applied heavier) are different in one way, but aren't they the same principle?

Dunno, maybe that's just me. [/quote]
I agree Kaliix there is nothing wrong with SF or PD it works 10 times better than R & S and lasts so much longer too .
I was just saying as a fan of the stuff myself it does need reapplying if you use the deck a lot thatís all .
Itís great for decks like mental photography particularly as the separation is only ever done using the Sv..g.l. principle and hence lasts until the deck itself wears out .
Best wishes and good luck to Richard on yet another solid release Gaz 🙂
@Richard Sanders: Thanks for the info.
I will buy it and watch the instructions and ask again if anything is still unclear.

@The Unmasked Magician:
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Tell Germans to start speaking a real language. [/quote]
And that from some guy whose language consists of bad German, bad English and bad Frisian mixed together. :P

But yes, I guess your way of phrasing it can really work. :)
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, dman11 wrote:
[quote]On Jun 17, 2019, Lseeyou wrote:
Sharpies aren't good for marking decks... the color will pass to other cards due to the alcohol I think?

Does anyone has a better option? [/quote]

Yes, Sharpies :) I have zero problems using sharpies, even on the thin double decker decks that give a lot of bleed through problems. You just have to let them completely dry but I don't know exactly how long that takes. When I write on cards I let them dry for 24 hours. I have never had bleed through this way. I know we want to dig in and practice the trick right away but its worth it to let them dry and let that alcohol dissipate.

Waiting very impatiently for my deck to arrive! [/quote]

I agree, let them dry for 24 hours at least.
I spread them out on my desk or work table so none of the ink is touching another card, and then get back to my life and forget about them for a couple days.
Doing it that way I never have a problem.
Yes, I use Sharpie markers.
I've always thought of R&S as a principle, not a particular substance. Whether you're using Krylon, Testors, Science Friction, or sandpaper, it is the same R&S principle. Some of the cards are R and some are S
[quote]On Jun 18, 2019, Bill08 wrote:
I've always thought of R&S as a principle, not a particular substance. Whether you're using Krylon, Testors, Science Friction, or sandpaper, it is the same R&S principle. Some of the cards are R and some are S [/quote]

Exactly! It is a principle.

So to those that have this, is this using a different principle?
Bill08 you are a 100% correct that R&S is a principle and stating no R&S is involved probably misleads some .
It doesnít mislead me because I am fully aware that when ads say this what they really mean is the traditional R&S spray is not used .
I only have to see the effect or have it described to me and I realise there is no possible other method so I am cool with all that .
I will probably pick this up and once it wears out apply my own variant of R&S to it unless itís something so new and ground breaking , which I doubt .
Nonetheless it looks a great use of it , two massive thumbs up to Richard on this release Gaz 🙂
Rowdymagi5 I donít have this but I can tell you itís 100% what you Bill08 and myself ( plus many others ) would consider the same principle ie a form of R&S Gaz 🙂
Ps Its a great routine and premise for it though 👍👍
I ordered it, looking forward to it.
Perhaps itís DSST?
[quote]On Jun 19, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Perhaps itís DSST? [/quote]

Doubt it, pegasus...but we shall see. I ordered it, and should have it by the end of this week.
Ordered! I really liked the idea of this. And lets be honest, its Richard...He has put out some of the coolest effects ever, and they are road tested. That's not just lip service either (I tested this out on my three year old daughter and the gimmick flew right by her! Was I supposed to say that out loud?). Looking forward to getting my deck.
Iím not really bothered what r&s principal is involved
It works and Iím getting great reactions from my audience

Thatís what counts to me and a great release from Mr Sanders
Am I the first to point out that this is VERY similar to Omen by Chris Congreave, which came out over a year ago. I prefer Omen to Any Card because there is an additional moment of magic where you predict a "free" selection. Then, for the finale, reveal the named card.

[youtube]0skOeGyi_0c[/youtube]
Yes you are the first one. I don't see much similarity except for maybe slightly in the method.

Meh...

[quote]On Jun 20, 2019, Steven Keyl wrote:
Am I the first to point out that this is VERY similar to Omen by Chris Congreave, which came out over a year ago. I prefer Omen to Any Card because there is an additional moment of magic where you predict a "free" selection. Then, for the finale, reveal the named card.

[youtube]0skOeGyi_0c[/youtube] [/quote]
Slightly. Lol... pun intended.
Hey Guys,

I'm familiar with Chris's effect as it was released while I was putting the finishing touches on the release of Any Card.
I like his effect.
However, personally, I prefer a much more direct approach to my magic.
I am not a huge fan of mixing a few different effects into one effect.
The more direct and simple the effect, the stronger the reaction.

Any Card is undeniable, they think of a card and BOOM it's printed on the 4 Aces.

One presentation that I didn't even touch upon here on the Cafť yet (however it's discussed in detail on the project) is this...
You hand the deck to someone to hold.
You have one person name a 4 of a kind and another person name any playing card.
You spread through the deck and the 4 of a kind that they just named are all face up in the pack....AND...the card that was just named is written on the back of the 4 of a kind...BOOM!
This is a slightly bolder handling (one of many on the project) but one that is easy to do and KILLS!!!

I am starting to get a bunch of reactions to Any Card from people that own it.

Here's a sample so far:

- "WOW, what a fantastic effect!
You are a brilliant magic creator.
Everything about the deck and effect was so well thought out!"
John Hicks

- "I know we're only half way through the year but this is my candidate for TRICK OF THE YEAR to date!"
Don Podas

-"This is a bloody killer. It's worth every penny and more. Well done cannot praise you enough!
Simon O'neil

I hope that helps...now where's my coffee!

Have a great week!

Rich
Steven, actually you are NOT the first to mention the similarity to Omen. It was mentioned way back on page 2 by myself and someone else.

I really like Omen a lot. It is one of my favorite gaff deck effects. But I am in the same mindset as Richard and I think I do prefer Any Card because of the straightforward simplicity of it. Plus, with Omen you have to carry around some extra cards and I have had those cards get bent up twice and have had to replace them. Not a big deal at all and I will certainly continue to perform Omen but it will probably be replaced by Any Card for the most part.

Plus, I don't really like performing Omen one on one (although you can do it) but I think it is better suited to 2 or more. Whereas, Any Card can play perfectly one on one and also to 2 or more using the routine Richard mentioned above.
I want to "plug" one more thing that I think Sanders gets right... Fair pricing on refills and multiples. For the hobbyist, that's not a big deal, but if you're working and an effect makes it into your regular set list, it's a big deal. To me, it's a real sign of fair dealing.
[quote]On Jun 20, 2019, David_MacFarlane wrote:
I want to "plug" one more thing that I think Sanders gets right... Fair pricing on refills and multiples. For the hobbyist, that's not a big deal, but if you're working and an effect makes it into your regular set list, it's a big deal. To me, it's a real sign of fair dealing. [/quote]

How much are replacement decks after youíve purchased the original video and deck?
[quote]On Jun 20, 2019, CopperChopCup wrote:
[quote]On Jun 20, 2019, David_MacFarlane wrote:
I want to "plug" one more thing that I think Sanders gets right... Fair pricing on refills and multiples. For the hobbyist, that's not a big deal, but if you're working and an effect makes it into your regular set list, it's a big deal. To me, it's a real sign of fair dealing. [/quote]

How much are replacement decks after youíve purchased the original video and deck? [/quote]

He doesn't have anything listed on his site. Heck he doesn't even have the effect up yet. But for other effects he's done, he's got fair bundles.
Concerning "Omen" (quite different method...): It is almost Gordon Bean's "Time Card" ... https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=218&topic=663322&start=40#13 Jan
Videoman, you did point out the similarity on page 2 -- my bad!!

Jan, agreed the method is different, but my point was that the effect is quite similar.

Richard, et.al. I agree that Any Card takes a more direct route than Omen and has the additional advantage that everything is contained in the deck itself. These are huge pluses in its favor and I wasn't suggesting, by any stretch, that Any Card was not a worthwhile investment.

Wishing you every success on this release, Richard!
I would also be interested in refill decks. Already been giving this a beating out on the streets. Itís a real worker!
Received this today. In answer to your 'question', pegasus, the "system" (as Sanders calls it) does not use dsst. The cards handle beautifully, with no worry of exposing anything. The aces can, indeed, be handled freely as Sanders says. I have now written on the cards and am waiting for them to dry. This is frickin' BRILLIANT, and may eclipse 'Powerball 60' as my favorite Sanders effect.
Extreme Burn is Richards best release by a long long way , I perform it at every single gig and have done since itís release Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jun 22, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Extreme Burn is Richards best release by a long long way , I perform it at every single gig and have done since itís release Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Hard to argue with you on that. It's a great effect, though I still get better reactions to Powerball...
I received Any Card last week. My handling and patter are not where I want them to be (yet) but I wanted to try it out so I fitted it into a couple
Of weddings Iíve done since receiving it.
This trick blows lay people away, the reactions it receives are just great. There are so many ways this can be presented and is totally impossible
From the audiences point of view.
I said my handling and patter need work, actually itís just the patter as the handling required is very minimal.
Not only is this a really strong effect itís also so easy to perform. I canít rate it enough.
Really nice work Mr Sanders 👍
Message: Posted by: Aaron Smith Magic (Jun 23, 2019 09:48PM)
I got this trick from Kozmo's marketplace over at [url]https://www.reelmagicmagazine.com[/url]. I love this effect. I always carry an ID on me, and this gets much stronger reactions. Thank you Richard!
[quote]On Jun 23, 2019, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
I love this effect. I always carry an ID on me, and this gets much stronger reactions. Thank you Richard! [/quote]

I agree. I think it may be because this effect really comes at spectators from left field. They just arenít expecting it.
Whereas with ID, 99% of the routines performed has the spectator looking for a reversed card as soon as the deck is removed from the case. Itís utterly amazing but has no real surprise element like you have with AC.

But ID will forever remain a staple in magician's repertoires. I still think ID is probably better as an ďoutĒ in emergencies and the classic invisible deck routine is arguably more entertaining than any AC routine thatís been created thus far. But many performers are very tired of the old ID routine (although most specs still love it.) Plus, Iím confident that some creative soul will devise a routine for AC that has a little more meat on its bones that what Richard has shared. His are very good but pretty basic.

So it will be interesting to see if AC is still around in 10 or 20 years.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 24, 2019 01:29AM)
@ Aaron and videoman: I just got up and read your last two posts. I was completely confused: what does Richard Sanders' release Identity have to do with this?! Took me a full ten seconds to understand what you guys were talking about :lol:
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Any Card by Richard Sanders.

Hope it helps :)

[youtube]rCGrr_VBepU[/youtube]
Love this deck! Definitely a great release Richard!!

RNK
Hear it all straight from Richard Sanders himself LIVE. Host, Luke Dancy will be interviewing him this Wednesday (June 26th) at 12pm PST. You don't want to miss this one!
https://www.facebook.com/events/410414389685209/
Think ill go get this now ;)
Just got it and I am delighted. so clever, Richard has really worked it through, my favourite handling is the double whammy which kills.Highly recommended.
Not too happy with the way Richard explains the reset itís as though heís trying to impress with how quick he can do it
[quote]On Jun 26, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Not too happy with the way Richard explains the reset itís as though heís trying to impress with how quick he can do it [/quote]

I believe he does as you say on one part of the video but if you watch the separate Reset video he goes over it in great detail with a front view and performers view.
[quote]On Jun 26, 2019, videoman wrote:
Not too happy with the way Richard explains the reset itís as though heís trying to impress with how quick he can do it [/quote]

I believe he does as you say on one part of the video but if you watch the separate Reset video he goes over it in great detail with a front view and performers view. [/quote]

True. Richard proceeds to say that he will go into more detail regarding the reset in the next video.... I feel he covered everything you need to know about the reset. It's actually really easy. I am very impressed with this release. I love the substance he uses for the cards.
Richard Sanders is live with me right now! Want to check it out? Click here ->> https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies/videos/468132517099498
Got this from Penguin earlier in the week, can't wait till it's delivered. Anyone know how easily this can be customized to a card different than the Aces? Is this easy to set up (assuming you will need a fo#*@ng deck of the preferred value, of course)?
Super easy if you have the required cards, either a couple 1 ways or a brick +1 if you wish to show a 4 of a kind.
Be interested to hear why you want to change to a different card because Iíve been contemplating doing a similar thing.
Catch the replay now! Find out EVERYTHING you want to know about Any Card from Richard Sanders himself

[youtube]cHu5OkXX2ng[/youtube]
[quote]On Jun 26, 2019, RNK wrote:
[quote]On Jun 26, 2019, videoman wrote:

I believe he does as you say on one part of the video but if you watch the separate Reset video he goes over it in great detail with a front view and performers view. [/quote]

True. Richard proceeds to say that he will go into more detail regarding the reset in the next video.... I feel he covered everything you need to know about the reset. It's actually really easy. I am very impressed with this release. I love the substance he uses for the cards. [/quote]

Is the substance anything new Bob or is it just something most us have and know already ? Kind regards Gaz 🙂
No idea!
You can change from Aces to another cardó why though? A specific presentation angle?
Fantastic trick, gaffed deck really well made and really few similarities with Omen which method is totally different.
Easy to master, easy to reset, brilliant method.
Vote: 10/10
Great trick only trouble is when the deck wears out it's another £35 to replace. As Richard is keeping the RS he used a secret. I'll will be using this a lot working at my restaurant gig. Don't fancy shelling out £35 every few months or weeks
[quote]On Jun 28, 2019, TONY L10 wrote:
Great trick only trouble is when the deck wears out it's another £35 to replace. As Richard is keeping the RS he used a secret. I'll will be using this a lot working at my restaurant gig. Don't fancy shelling out £35 every few months or weeks [/quote]

Yeah no-one likes forking out for their tools at work. Necessary evil unfortunately.
Well I don't mind shelling out for my props but a deck soon gets dog eared and it would be nice to be able to make a replacement when required thought he might have tipped the secret stuff if you bought the effect.

Actually I've just done a test with a substance. I think I know what he's used.
Will be easy enough to make an extra deck if / when needed.
Yes it will that's all I was concerned about because I will be using this a lot it's a great trick.

Just had a rethink on my above statement and realised it wouldn't be practical or economical to make one up.
[quote]On Jun 28, 2019, TONY L10 wrote:
Just had a rethink on my above statement and realised it wouldn't be practical or economical to make one up. [/quote]

Tony- I think you were right the first time. 5 dollar 1W deck and the other thing you can get for around 10 bux that will last you for a long while.
Iíve gone along the lines of ..... Iím thinking of a card and I want you to GUESS the card that I am thinking of, what card is your guess?
The three of hearts, okay, remember that, now first letís see just how good you are at guessing.
Iíve reversed the four aces in the deck, what do you guess is the first ace that we will come to? Letís see if you guessed right ..... etc. This way is really comfortable, it is even better, as I go through the cards slowly adding a little tension seeing if they guessed correctly.
Any way, just thought I would share as I feel really comfortable with this. The ending is as usual regardless of how the guessing went.
Nice approach Philippe I like it 👍 , thanks for sharing Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jun 28, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Nice approach Philippe I like it 👍 , thanks for sharing Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

I agree. Like the more casual approach...
Thank you, Iím truly delighted that you both like it.
My personality, I would do the double wammy in the whatís your favorite 4 of a kind (essentially forcing the aces if need be) and then a card from someone else. When you reveal the aces you make a big deal about it. If people are impressed great, if not even better. ďOf course you knew I would say the aces, what else would someone sayĒ. ďThatís trueĒ you say ď but how did this guy know that written on the back of the aces would be ďthe four of clubsĒ. Slow slow burn. So good
Arrived late yesterday. Great trick, method is solid. As usual, what really sets this apart from most releases is the comprehensive instructional videos. You can tell that Richard really worked for awhile on this. Few thoughts:

1. MARKING THE CARDS
Always used a standard sharpie before, but even with ample drying time there would be a bit of transfer to adjacent cards over time. Especially with repeated spreading action. Discovered a Sharpie 'Paint Pen' at Michael's, never looked back. Oil based, needs time to dry, but the 'paint' applies beautifully, super-black, and doesn't interact with the bike coating. Dries to a permanent lacquer-ish finish. Pen comes in different sizes, has a ball inside like a spray paint can.

2. PRACTICE
Don't want to wear out my deck, so I've been practicing with a regular deck. Can't go into great detail about the setup, but if you have the trick you can figure it out. No need for partners in your practice deck, just arrange a similar order, think of a card, spread through and push out as if it were a real performance. Finger positioning important. In the instruction vids Richard points out that it's not super important to be super smooth, but I'd like to be able to do it like he does. It just looks nice. Hope this makes sense without giving away anything.

3. REPLACEMENT
Probably won't have to replace for some time, but easy enough to make up your own with appropriately trimmed envelopes mounted on foam core. I made a 'rig' like this a year or so ago and it serves me well.
[quote]On Jun 29, 2019, Calvin826 wrote:
....1. MARKING THE CARDS
Always used a standard sharpie before, but even with ample drying time there would be a bit of transfer to adjacent cards over time. Especially with repeated spreading action. Discovered a Sharpie 'Paint Pen' at Michael's, never looked back. Oil based, needs time to dry, but the 'paint' applies beautifully, super-black, and doesn't interact with the bike coating. Dries to a permanent lacquer-ish finish. Pen comes in different sizes, has a ball inside like a spray paint can.
[/quote]

Interesting. Will check my local Michael's for that. Thanks for the tip, Calvin.
Love this trick and buidling my own version by using a MD to make the push out even easier.
Hey Gang,

Glad to see how everyone is enjoying Any Card!!!
it is really is a bullet proof, worker that gets crazy reactions :)

The ability to predict ANY CARD that a spectator names has always been a Holy Grail effect for me and Any Card delivers this in spades (also hearts, clubs and diamonds...LOL)...all from a single deck of cards!

In other news: there have been a few people on the thread worrying prematurely about the deck wearing out.
The fact is, I already saw this as a problem in the development stage of Any Card.
Most manufacturer's wouldn't even concern themselves with this and would have released the effect as is.
But that's not me, I spend "too much time" trying to find the absolute best solutions for my clients and my effects.
So, I trashed the R/S solution (as well as all the development time and money) and dug deep in search of a better solution.
After much research I found a solution that allows the deck to be used for a long time without wear and tear.
In other words, I DESIGNED THE DECK TO LAST!

As a gesture of good faith and as a way to help support my customers, in the near future I will have replacement decks available for those that have a need for them. However, once again keep in mind...the deck will last you a long time if you take care of it!

I kindly ask people to please stop discussing method in this thread.
I am not even sure why this is a thing.
I understand that when it comes to exposure of magic laymen couldn't care less.
However as magicians, I would hope that we have a little more respect for our art and the people that put their Blood, Sweat and Tears into bringing good commercial magic to magicians.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant but when I see most threads here on the Cafť turning into an exposure of methods (right or wrong), it seems unfair to our art and to the people that put their time and energy into bringing good magic to magicians.

Have an awesome July 4rth weekend, Canada Day and any other event that I am not aware of :)

Rich
Hi Calvin826,

Thanks so much for the idea of using a Sharpie, Paint Pen.
This is the kind of thing that I think is so great about the Cafť!!
I will check this option out.

FYI, I have been using a REG Sharpie without problems but it's always good to find other solutions.

Thanks again :)

Rich
Rich , true gentlemen who releases killer working material. Thank you.
Hi Richard can you confirm itís not one of the standard R&S principles being used that is already out there . Meaning traditional R&S spray testors or Krylon , Science Friction , Plastidip or a roughing stick ? Thanks for any advise . I donít care what it is but can you confirm itís none of the above and is actually a new substance completely . Best wishes Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jun 29, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
However as magicians, I would hope that we have a little more respect for our art and the people that put their Blood, Sweat and Tears into bringing good commercial magic to magicians.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant but when I see most threads here on the Cafť turning into an exposure of methods (right or wrong), it seems unfair to our art and to the people that put their time and energy into bringing good magic to magicians.
[/quote]

I was completely onboard with the rant until I saw the "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" line. That was a stunning line. Is that true?

These are sincere questions from me as non-creator:
1) Have you or do most creators bleed creating card tricks?
2) Is creating card tricks stressful enough to cause massive perspiration?
3) Do you or most creators cry when creating card tricks?

Again, I have never attempted to create an effect (but has had some ideas) these questions are from someone who does not share or attempt to uncover methods, and agrees with respecting secrets. Are blood, sweat, and tears truly a normal part of the creation process of card tricks? I just want to understand what I should prepare for should I decide to bring my ideas to fruition...
Hey- Richard doesn't need me to stick up for him, but really? Bl, I apologize in advance if it's a cultural thing and you haven't heard the expression (or the band!) before. I think most fans of Richards work would find the expression fitting of his efforts.

Also, not sure why he would be obligated to confirm or deny anything related to the alleged method. Lets be honest- Richard, like any business person, is out to make a buck. And smart money says he needs to come on the Cafť and hawk his products. That said, I think he's been more than generous and forthcoming regarding what this trick s about, and more than helpful answering any reasonable questions or concerns.

Trust me when I say that even if you think you know what's involved in this, you really don't. The streaming videos are comprehensive. The workings(while easy to execute) are complicated, and I would say the effect is impossible to piece together or perform well without proper instruction. Just buy it already- I can't see how anyone could be disappointed with what they'll get.
[quote]On Jun 29, 2019, blurrylines wrote:
[quote]On Jun 29, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:

[/quote]

I was completely onboard with the rant until I saw the "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" line. That was a stunning line. Is that true?

These are sincere questions from me as non-creator:
1) Have you or do most creators bleed creating card tricks?
2) Is creating card tricks stressful enough to cause massive perspiration?
3) Do you or most creators cry when creating card tricks?

[/quote]

That's a cliche that is often used in the business world. To create a trick or effect and then perfect it is indeed hard work. Anyone who exposes another's trick on this forum or anywhere should be banned. We don't retain such a right. Magic is a sacred art that is being less appreciated because of exposure. Obviously those who chose this route have no morals or appreciation for our craft.

Best

Steve
Well said, Steven and Calvin!
[quote]On Jun 29, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Hi Richard can you confirm itís not one of the standard R&S principles being used that is already out there . Meaning traditional R&S spray testors or Krylon , Science Friction , Plastidip or a roughing stick ? Thanks for any advise . I donít care what it is but can you confirm itís none of the above and is actually a new substance completely . Best wishes Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Honestly, why does it even matter? We know that it works, and from early accounts, it works well. Why is it important to know what substance is on the cards?
Only because in the last 10 years I think I have tried and tested every substance there is to make the best ID deck you can . I donít mind buying this but would like to know that if I do it will tell me what the substance is if I needed to reapply it thatís all . I would imagine itís one of the existing types already out there but who knows .
I donít care particularly what it is just wanted to know if it was new as if itís not I will have some anyway .
The effect looks great but as I would use it a lot I want to be able to replenish it with the right substance not a substitute ideally Gaz 🙂
Awaiting my deck anxiously! Gaz with your knowledge I assume you will be able to find a suitable alternative if needed. Bill Abbott would not reveal the substance used on his great Smart Ass decks (rightfully so) but was able to find a suitable alternative with experimentation for replacement decks. Having said that even though I can make my own ID's and have made many the factory one's are better and that is what I use for my replacements. I know it is not your intent but asking for a key ingredient on a public forum for a recently released trick comes across as fishing.
Sorry John I was not trying to fish as I do not care what it is .
I just remember Richards first post on the thread , and I quote

I was not satisfied with the standard R/S concept as the aces would not last long if they were constantly placed on the table or placed in the spectators hands. So I worked harder and came up with a different concept that allows the aces to be handled as much as anyone wants with no wear and tear on the effect

Therefore I was just trying to establish whether it was one of the many better alternatives imo to traditional R&S sprays that is already out there .
Like you say I have alternatives to replenish the cards but obviously itís nice to have the best if a better alternative has been found .
Anyway I have ordered the effect so I am sure I will be able to tell when it arrives .
I wonít divulge what it is either , I was just trying to find out if itís different and better that's all Gaz 🙂
No worries Gaz, that is what I assumed. Cannot wait to try this out. Have performed ID 100's of times and will be great to have an alternative :)
Hi. As I posted on the Murphy's Facebook live, I have had Extreme Burn, and Powerball 60 in my wallet for many years now.
I received Any Card within the last few days.
As with many of Richards effects, this is a 100% worker, and I will be using this for sure.
Another great effect.
I agree Keith , I love Richards work he is a legend when it comes to creativity and also tutorials .
Extreme Burn , Powerball 60 and his Super cards DVD just to name a few are real gems Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jun 30, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:
Awaiting my deck anxiously! Gaz with your knowledge I assume you will be able to find a suitable alternative if needed. Bill Abbott would not reveal the substance used on his great Smart Ass decks (rightfully so) but was able to find a suitable alternative with experimentation for replacement decks. Having said that even though I can make my own ID's and have made many the factory one's are better and that is what I use for my replacements. I know it is not your intent but asking for a key ingredient on a public forum for a recently released trick comes across as fishing. [/quote]

Okay, I gotcha. But, even if itís something unknown, you can always recreate your Any Deck using the methods you already know that you listed.
I am going to feel free to continue to talk about the method of any card. It's the nature of this forum and the basic "method", if it wasn't obvious to an experienced magician at first, was described by Jared on the first page. The tricks creator openly described the method in this thread, both the R/S and marked aspect.

The deck needed for any card can get lost, damaged or wear out. An any card owner might need to refresh his deck, he may need to replace a damaged card, he may want to make a backup deck or create one using his own deck. All these are perfectly legitimate reasons to inquire about the nature of the R/S formula. All anyone in the know needs to do is just say "hey the formula is unique to us", and that would all speculation pretty quick. Of if SF is used, just say it. It is a dead obvious solution (pardon the pun) and I can't see any harm to it.
If itís in existence I will certainly be able to tell when mine arrives .
The fact that the effect has been 10 years in the making would make me hazard a guess itís SF , PD or a modern R stick .
Either way itís a fabulous creation that I can see leading the spectator down the garden path and then smacking them over the head with a ton of bricks kicker , metaphorically speaking of course Gaz 🙂
Mine is on order as well and I am curious as to the fine points of the routine and to see the construction of the deck. It's fun to think you've figured out the solution once you've been given the basic outline of the effect, but before you actually get it. Richard Sanders ordinarily releases quality effects and I expect this is no different. It appears well thought out and constructed. I've sort of fallen out of love with the ID and hope this will be an effective replacement.

[quote]On Jul 1, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
If itís in existence I will certainly be able to tell when mine arrives .
The fact that the effect has been 10 years in the making would make me hazard a guess itís SF , PD or a modern R stick .
Either way itís a fabulous creation that I can see leading the spectator down the garden path and then smacking them over the head with a ton of bricks kicker , metaphorically speaking of course Gaz 🙂 [/quote]
I believe it will be a great replacement for you Kaliix. I find this deck so much more reliable than the original RS and easier to use. So far anyway.....

RNK
Hey Gang,

If you need backup/replacement decks, they will be available (in the near future) to verified owners of Any Card.

FYI, now that Any Card is getting into people's hands, awesome testimonials are starting to roll in :)

Here's a random one:

If you want a trick that you will perform, trust me this is the one. Once you give them the aces and put the deck away, you are clean. It is a Brain wave Deck and Invisible deck on Steroids! There is no fidgeting or fumbling to get the correct card; just a smooth action. What you see on the video is exactly what happens. I just got rid of my Brain wave Deck and Invisible deck because the ďAny Card TrickĒ is taking their place!!! I wish I could give it ten stars! This trick just retired two of the biggest names in magic for me
Magick, from New York

BTW, if you have any reviews or testimonials for Any Card I'd love to hear them.
Please email them to info@sandersfx.com

Have an awesome day :)

Rich
I may remake mine with marked cards!! (Penguins Elite marked deck would be perfect.)
Those that own Any Card, think about it...
[quote]On Jun 30, 2019, Keith Atkinson wrote:
As with many of Richards effects, this is a 100% worker, and I will be using this for sure.
Another great effect. [/quote]

I agree, after working on it this week, will be breaking it in at one of my restaurant gigs tonight.
Hey Gang,

For those of you celebrating Independence Day, I hope you had an awesome day :)

Here's another testimonial for Any Card, that I received via email the other day...

"Having been interested in the art of card magic since the age of 7, five decades later I have purchased the best card effect ever to come on to the market. Without a doubt this is the most easy to handle effect that has ever entered onto the 'palms of my hands'
I have a collection of at least 1500 card effects. ANY CARD tops them all. The best money I have spent on card magic for many years. Congratulations on a great, easy to perform miracle."
Nigel Ford MMC.

Rich
[quote]On Jul 3, 2019, tomdeg wrote:
I may remake mine with marked cards!! (Penguins Elite marked deck would be perfect.)
Those that own Any Card, think about it... [/quote]

I've made up a few different versions of this. Not to try and "improve" it or anything because it doesn't need improving IMO. But only because I am a bit fascinated by Richard's brilliant method and I love to tinker around when I have the time.

Anyway, one of the versions I made up uses 4 "random" cards instead of Aces, and also uses DMC Elites for the "backs" (the DMC's are marked of course, and the only ones I can read without a magnifying glass) and I must admit that I have gotten somewhat addicted to this small advantage. Which is certainly not necessary but can get habit-forming quickly. :)

Again, Richard has come up with what I feel is destined to become a classic. I realize that sounds cliche but I predict they will still be selling these decks long after we are all gone.
Iíve made my deck up using Ted Lesleyís marking system works perfectly
Just received Any Card and will be watching the downloads and preparing the deck this afternoon. Rich - sent you a message - please read your PMs

Ed

[quote]On Jul 5, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
Hey Gang,

For those of you celebrating Independence Day, I hope you had an awesome day :)

Here's another testimonial for Any Card, that I received via email the other day...

"Having been interested in the art of card magic since the age of 7, five decades later I have purchased the best card effect ever to come on to the market. Without a doubt this is the most easy to handle effect that has ever entered onto the 'palms of my hands'
I have a collection of at least 1500 card effects. ANY CARD tops them all. The best money I have spent on card magic for many years. Congratulations on a great, easy to perform miracle."
Nigel Ford MMC.

Rich [/quote]
Received my deck a few days ago and have it setup. Truly outstanding effect. You can hand the aces out but, of course, not the deck. Richard put a lot of thought and strategy into the deck development and presentation. Took about 30 minutes to set up with Richard's excellent video. Delighted I made the purchase and will order another as a backup!
I was amazed at how reliably one can handle the cards in the "RS" (for Richard Sanders) deck as I've had considerable problems with traditional RS decks. Now,if I could only learn how to make my penmanship somewhere near the quality of that shown on the video it would be a blessing. I expect I'll be purchasing a few one-way FD's before I'm satisfied with the end results.
Another very handy benefit of the Aces not being treated and yet another way in which Richard has really thought this through so well.
Definitely less stressful for those of us whom are handwriting challenged that when marking the cards you know you could always just grab another out of any matching standard deck.
One "puzzlement" that I have is the reason for the increased use of sites from which buyers of effects cannot download the instructions to their own computers. It's kind of a hassle to have to go online anytime you want to check some detail of the handling or performance. I don't understand the what advantage this provides either the creator or the marketer(s) of effects. I understand it is actually copyright infringement for one to make an additional copy of instructions that have been downloaded if one wishes to sell (or gift) an effect to someone else; whereas it's no problem to simply provide the password to someone else if you also provide the necessary props.
I agree itís hassle and I hate it . I want a physical dvd and full written instructions as well .
I write up all my effects fully these days as it helps when these tutorial links often fail and itís very appreciated if I ever sell an effect on .
It is however an unnecessary pain and the way they have it now anyone can just share the passwords to others who then donít even need to buy the effect which makes no sense to me at all . Rant over good magic to all Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jul 7, 2019, LarryD wrote:
One "puzzlement" that I have is the reason for the increased use of sites from which buyers of effects cannot download the instructions to their own computers. It's kind of a hassle to have to go online anytime you want to check some detail of the handling or performance. I don't understand the what advantage this provides either the creator or the marketer(s) of effects. I understand it is actually copyright infringement for one to make an additional copy of instructions that have been downloaded if one wishes to sell (or gift) an effect to someone else; whereas it's no problem to simply provide the password to someone else if you also provide the necessary props. [/quote]

Amen to this....I really need to start paying more attention to this. If its streaming only I'm not a buyer anymore. My internet connection just does not stream well with these sites (surprisingly Youtube and Netflix are fine). It literally took my HOURS to get through all the videos for Any Card - it plays for 15 seconds then buffers for 50 seconds. Not worth the frustration...And its annoying that the owner cant trust me enough to own something I payed for.
Doesn't bother me - I can find the instructions much quicker if they are on my computer as opposed to looking through drawers for written instructions or even DVDs. I download all the instructions using a variety of apps for my browsers - YouTube, Vimeo, whatever are all no problem. I didn't bother downloading the instructions for Any Card as many of the videos involved the one time setup of the deck and then the performance instructions are pretty straight forward. I'm lucky in that I have a really fast Internet connection.

Ed
[quote]On Jul 7, 2019, dman11 wrote:
It literally took my HOURS to get through all the videos for Any Card - it plays for 15 seconds then buffers for 50 seconds. Not worth the frustration...And its annoying that the owner cant trust me enough to own something I payed for. [/quote]
You mention "all videos". How many videos are there?
"Doesn't bother me - I can find the instructions much quicker if they are on my computer as opposed to looking through drawers for written instructions or even DVDs. I download all the instructions using a variety of apps for my browsers - YouTube, Vimeo, whatever are all no problem. I didn't bother downloading the instructions for Any Card as many of the videos involved the one time setup of the deck and then the performance instructions are pretty straight forward. I'm lucky in that I have a really fast Internet connection."

Ed
But that's exactly the point I'm trying to make...if the instructions are actually ON your computer because you've downloaded them TO your computer, it's much quicker to refer to them than it is to go back online no matter how quick your internet connection may be. It would be easier to understand if preventing download to one's computer actually afforded additional protection for the creator, but it's much easier to provide a password to someone than to provide an unauthorized copy of the instructions.
[quote]
You mention "all videos". How many videos are there? [/quote]

19 altogether! Some are just a couple of minutes while a few are 8 or 9 minutes long

Ed
[quote]You mention "all videos". How many videos are there? [/quote]
19 separate videos ranging from 1 - 12 mins. If you take too long or grab a glass of water, your session ends, and you have to re-enter your PW constantly. It's pretty annoying.

[quote]But that's exactly the point I'm trying to make...if the instructions are actually ON your computer because you've downloaded them TO your computer, it's much quicker to refer to them than it is to go back online no matter how quick your internet connection may be.[/quote]
This is exactly right. I don't know about others, but I don't practice magic on my office desk where my computer is. I practice it in front of my big screen in the living room with my close up pad and/or my table. Although technically, there are a bunch of free browser plugins, and free open source programs to quickly and easily download the vids.

[quote]It would be easier to understand if preventing download to one's computer actually afforded additional protection for the creator, but it's much easier to provide a password to someone than to provide an unauthorized copy of the instructions. [/quote]
Correct. URL and password can be sent via email and text very easily and instantly to 10 - 15 people. A DVD, or a massive download is more difficult to transfer to mass people (but still reasonably simple). What creators need to realize is there's NO WAY to protect it unless you're like Michael Weber. He shows you his effects live, in person, at conventions, and that's it, then provides written instructions. He won't let you record his presentation with your phone. Now THAT's how to protect it. If that business model doesn't work, simply provide it in the format that's easiest for the consumer. Murphy's, VanishingInc, Penguin, Alakazam, etc understand this.

In the computer industry we call it "security theater". All this does make a person "think" they're protecting something when they're merely being annoying. Of course they will say it's "what's best for their customers" or that the change is "due to overwhelming requests from customers" even though there's an forum of customers complaining about it.

Regardless of the annoying instructions. It's a great trick.
"Regardless of the annoying instructions. It's a great trick."
Amen to that! My observation certainly wasn't an indictment of the effect or of Mr. Sanders choice for distribution, but actual puzzlement why more and more creators are choosing this method that has no obvious (to me) benefit to them and is certainly an impediment to many of their customers.
[quote]On Jul 8, 2019, LarryD wrote:
"Regardless of the annoying instructions. It's a great trick."
Amen to that! My observation certainly wasn't an indictment of the effect or of Mr. Sanders choice for distribution, but actual puzzlement why more and more creators are choosing this method that has no obvious (to me) benefit to them and is certainly an impediment to many of their customers. [/quote]

Well, they think its going to stop China from getting a copy of it and selling it cheaply. FYI: it does not stop them or any of the pirates.
It's the unfortunate truth of almost all of these anti-theft measures...they only annoy and frustrate the vast majority of honest users while doing nothing to stop or deter the relatively small number of thieves. But companies feel they must at least give the appearance of doing something to protect their copyright.

A few may also claim that it benefits the consumer by allowing the creators to add additional material if some is later created but this almost never happens.
Seems people are loving Any CardÖwhich is awesome!!!

Hereís another quick testimonial:

"You. Are. A. *&*£&#%. GENIUS!!!
To think the idea for Any Card has been under magiciansí noses this whole time but you made it a reality.
Youíve created something brilliant!"
Jon Allen

I also noticed that some people are concerned or having an issue with online instructions.
I wanted to help you understand my decision to deliver information in this manner.
Itís not my intent to comment more about this subject after this as I think the thread should be used to talk about peopleís experience with Any Card, the effect and contentÖnot the way the content is being delivered.

Here are my reasons for choosing online instructions.

1) This is the present day way to deliver information.
Look at Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, etcÖ.almost all delivery of information is online.
Like it or not, this is the way things are done now and it wonít be turning back. Information is becoming more and more cloud based.

1) I wanted to have a way to deliver the information in ďeasy to navigate chaptersĒ, like a course.
I hate sifting through a 2 hour download where everything is in one file (on one long timeline). It becomes very difficult to get to the info that you need.

2) Most people I talk to have so much information clogging up their computers that itís a relief not to have to store another file somewhere only lose it down the road, due to crashed hard drives, lost files, corrupt files, etc

3) DVDs are no longer a viable option. DVD players are hard to find now because they were on their way out a long time ago (remember Blockbuster). Computers have been without DVD players for at least 5-7 years now.

4) I like to be able to add material to my projects, again like an ever-evolving course.
In fact I will be adding some new material and shared material to Any Card shortly. This would not be possible with a static download.

For these reasons, I chose to deliver my very detailed instructions via an online website. In the past I delivered it via a much for involved process and it had a few problems. I learned from that experience so now I have my files hosted on VIMEO, one of the most trusted video delivery platforms.

My goal is to provide the easiest environment to learn in. I understand that I cannot please everybody.
I am not trying to create enemies. I am just a creator working hard to provide a solid experience for my customers. Am I perfect, NO. Do I work hard at bringing amazing, practical material to my clients backed by awesome customer support, YES!

I hope that helps explain my decision.

Rich
I don't agree with your reasoning, Richard, but since I simply download the videos from Vimeo it isn't a problem for me.

Thanks.
Jim
The on line videos are no problem for me at all. Keep up the great work Richard. Any Card is a ďkillerĒ effect.

Joe
DVD played arenít going out I infact bought a brand new portable player only last week .
I also even bought a brand new video dvd / combo player too that also takes usb sticks as well only 6 months ago .
Record players and all these sort of devices are actually coming back so as much as I love Richards magic effects I cannot agree with his reasoning on why to change to this format of tutorials Gaz 🙂
The demonstration gives a precise description of the effect because there are many ways to execute the routine. As part of the Any card project, Richard Sanders explains 3 presentations tested by the audience ranging from simple for 1 to 2 spectators to a bold and powerful approach.

Nothing revolutionary, but we must recognize that Richard Sanders does not lack talent to create very commercial tricks.
I agree Richards talent is second to none and you can see by the way this has been cleverly constructed to hit home everytime its pure genius . Two massive thumbs up 👍👍 Gaz 🙂
Vimeo video downloaders are but two clicks away, problem solved.
Yeah I donít know how to do all that stuff , I donít have a computer only an iPhone and often things are sent on drop box but mine says drop box full and they want to charge for more space . Itís all the jumping from 1.12 min to like 6.04 min I canít stand , like you try and go back just a couple of seconds and all hell breaks loose lol Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jul 9, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
like you try and go back just a couple of seconds and all hell breaks loose lol Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Oh man, ain't that the truth!!!
Now that I performed this a bunch I can say it kills in the real world, just as you would expect.
As others have mentioned, this will be the clear successor to the Invisible and Brainwave decks for professionals.
As a stand alone effect, it's never something that I would do. It's too much trouble to try to motivate it in a way
that makes sense and is in keeping with the type of magic that I perform however the effect is so strong and
the execution so buttery smooth that I will always keep this with me for emergencies. Its pretty *** close
to a perfect inexplicable miracle. Richard - Please release five more effects! Your taste in commercial magic is so good!
Iíve been doing this for a little while now. I absolutely love when the spectator names an Ace. Talk about double whammy time. What Iíve started doing, if the first spec names an Ace, I look to someone else in the audience and ask them, ďwhile they were envisioning their favorite card, you were probably imagining one also, what card did you see in your minds eye?Ē
More reviews coming in for Any Card:
Here's another review I found on Reddit:

"Yo everyone!
I recently picked up Any Card by Richard Sanders.
I didn't see anyone talking about it so I thought I'd share my two cents.

If any of you have ever purchased a SandersFX product, you already know you're getting a complete package and then some!
Any Card is a card system, that once you understand how it works, will allow you to instantly have any named card appear on the back of four aces.
It's also incredibly easy to use! No math or thinking required.

You receive a deck of cards that have been prepared and are almost ready to go. They just need a... finishing touch, so to speak.
Sanders also talks about the way that the cards are prepared that will change the way you prepare cards like this.

You can use this for way more than just predicting a thought of card. You could use this system to predict almost anything if you applied the thinking to it.

It's 100% worth every penny. I can't recommend it enough.

5/5 stars."
I couldn't take it anymore with all the great reviews that I went ahead and purchased "Any Card". Keep them coming Mr. Sanders.
Allen
Thank you Richard
This is absolutely brilliant just blows people away
Hereís my official review for Any Card By Richard Sanders.

Any card is a brilliant effect, the effect works as described. The video is in depth and thorough. Richard really explains everything well. People have asked, is this any better than invisible deck? My answer is no. However, it also isnít any less impressive than invisible deck. To me, they are equal impressive. If I only have 2 seconds to show something, Iíll go with invisible deck. But if I have a min or two, Iíll do any card. As a magician, I like any card better. Itís fun to do and play with. I give it 8/10
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jul 12, 2019 01:19PM)
So... where is the unofficial review?
[quote]On Jul 12, 2019, mpilkey wrote:
Hereís my official review for Any Card By Richard Sanders.

Any card is a brilliant effect, the effect works as described. The video is in depth and thorough. Richard really explains everything well. People have asked, is this any better than invisible deck? My answer is no. However, it also isnít any less impressive than invisible deck. To me, they are equal impressive. If I only have 2 seconds to show something, Iíll go with invisible deck. But if I have a min or two, Iíll do any card. As a magician, I like any card better. Itís fun to do and play with. I give it 8/10 [/quote]

After reading your review when it came to your official "score" I have to admit that I was surprised you only gave it an 8/10. I was expecting at least a 9 and probably a 10.
Personally, I would give it a 9.8. But we're all entitled to our opinions.

Re: comparing ID to AC, although I suppose ID could be performed in less time than AC I don't think it is typically performed that quickly. If I only had 2 seconds as in your example I wouldn't do either effect but something very quick and flashy. I also like Any Card better than ID but it is almost impossible to quantify how much of that is due to AC simply being the new kid on the block. No doubt ID is an incredible effect and will probably still be selling well decades from now.

But I honestly do think AC has a more surprising and startling ending, and it is an effect that truly would be impossible to recreate with even the most incredible sleight of hand. Whereas, there are versions of ID using sleight of hand, or as Richard points out, spectators may believe you somehow just flipped over their card very quickly. Sometimes people will come up with the strangest ideas.

Also, one big advantage AC has over ID that isn't mentioned much, is that AC just makes a lot more sense to introduce a different deck if you have already been performing some card effects, and also makes more sense to put it away and bring out another deck if you wish to continue with card effects afterwards. It's not that these things cannot be done with ID, but IMO AC seems more logical if you do either of these and creates less suspicion.

Kudos to Richard for taking something that was right under all of our noses to discover and bringing it to fruition.
I've been messing with AC now for a few days. It seems to be everything it's supposed to be. The evolution/combination of ID and BW is frankly brilliant! I'm about to go about entertaining people but I have a tough time picking out a proper presentation out of the group. Luckily there are many to choose from! Thanks Richard, highly recommended!
I canít add much to what has already been said. Another solid Sanders effect. Very well thought out and taught. Now weíve just got to figure out how to get Richard to release more material.
I haven't got this... yet..... but just thought that if the reveal cards were jokers and not aces, then then presentation could say you've reversed four cards that perfectly match their value selected, and when revealed you explain that the jokers are wild! Then do the actual reveal...
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jul 14, 2019 12:48AM)
That is VERY smart... I would love to hear Richard's thoughts on that, 'cause it seems like a real improvement to me in the internal logic of the presentation... version 2.0 with Jokers instead of Aces?
[quote]On Jul 13, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:
I haven't got this... yet..... but just thought that if the reveal cards were jokers and not aces, then then presentation could say you've reversed four cards that perfectly match their value selected, and when revealed you explain that the jokers are wild! Then do the actual reveal... [/quote]

Not sure using the jokers is personally my cup of tea, but the thought occurred to me that you could even simplify it further by using only 2 jokers (the number typically found in a deck) and explain that you have reversed 2 cards and one of the cards will match the value and the other will match the suit, so together they will spell out what the selected card is. Then do the the ol' jokers are wild gag and finally show that you weren't kidding, the selected card really is spelled out because one of the jokers has the value written on its back and the other has the suit.

Spreading through and showing joker after joker might get a little tiresome since it's essentially the same gag 4 times in a row so I think showing just 2 might be better and keep things moving along.
I am not an accomplished magician, and, in fact, only perform for family, friends and at my local magic club. I have never performed anything that compared to the absolute astonishment that my wife, daughter and son-in-law displayed on seeing this effect. My only regret is that I have no idea what I could do to follow this up!
[quote]On Jul 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
That is VERY smart... I would love to hear Richard's thoughts on that, 'cause it seems like a real improvement to me in the internal logic of the presentation... version 2.0 with Jokers instead of Aces? [/quote]

You can make it jokers instead of aces right now! You donít need to wait for 2.0. Any Card by Richard Sanders is completely customizable. All you need is buy the Magic Makers one way forcing deck Jokers version. Which cost about $10 on Amazon. The Aces are just normal red backed aces. The forcing joker deck are all red backed bicycle cards. Technically you can take out all the aces and substitute the red backed jokers and follow the standard marking instructions as stated on instructional videos.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jul 14, 2019 01:08AM)
I can see your point. I think I wouldn't consider spreading through the deck and showing the four jokers "doing a gag 4 times", though. In my perception you just show 4 jokers are reversed, which takes no time at all. I think showing four words one by one on four cards is a dramatically stronger reveal. Just my thoughts...
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jul 14, 2019 01:09AM)
[quote]On Jul 14, 2019, funnyclown wrote:
[
You can make it jokers instead of aces right now! You donít need to wait for 2.0. Any Card by Richard Sanders is completely customizable. All you need is buy the Magic Makers one way forcing deck Jokers version. Which cost about $10 on Amazon. The Aces are just normal red backed aces. The forcing joker deck are all red backed bicycle cards. Technically you can take out all the aces and substitute the red backed jokers and follow the standard marking instructions as stated on instructional videos. [/quote]

Thx!
[quote]On Jul 14, 2019, LarryD wrote:
I am not an accomplished magician, and, in fact, only perform for family, friends and at my local magic club. I have never performed anything that compared to the absolute astonishment that my wife, daughter and son-in-law displayed on seeing this effect. My only regret is that I have no idea what I could do to follow this up! [/quote]

Buy anything Richard Sanders makes and you can get that astonishment reaction every time.
[quote]On Jul 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I can see your point. I think I wouldn't consider spreading through the deck and showing the four jokers "doing a gag 4 times", though. In my perception you just show 4 jokers are reversed, which takes no time at all. I think showing four words one by one on four cards is a dramatically stronger reveal. Just my thoughts... [/quote]

If you did what I suggested to you would still get the ďAny CardĒ revelation with the jokers instead of aces. Thatís exactly what you were asking for in your 2.0 version

Also if you really wanted to you can customize it to show only two jokers. You can eliminate the ďofĒ and ďtheĒ and do the trick with two jokers only if thatís your preference
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jul 14, 2019 01:27AM)
Sorry funnyclown, that reaction was posted to videoman, but you guys reacted so fast 2 posts were in between... :lol:
Yeah but you donít have 4 jokers in a reg deck so that seems unnatural immediately to me .
There are better variants than the 4 aces premise though and Videoman has absolutely nailed these imo Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jul 14, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yeah but you donít have 4 jokers in a reg deck so that seems unnatural immediately to me .
There are better variants than the 4 aces premise though and Videoman has absolutely nailed these imo Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Like I mentioned above. You can make an Any Card deck with only two jokers by eliminating the ďTheĒ and ďofĒ. Or you can use ďtheĒ with the value revelations and ďofĒ with the suits revelation. Then youíll only have two jokers. For example ďTHE ACEĒ for value and ďOF CLUBSĒ in the suits. Thatís a two jokers wild revelation. Any Card can be customized to your preference. The cool thing is you would be doing a variation that most magician are not doing. It would make your Any Card deck unique
Exactly Mike and there is another even better one imo you can customise with this deck that doesnít even need the joker gag or the Aces at all for the first stage and itís killer Gaz 🙂
[/quote]

And having words written on the backs is natural? LOL!
Hey Guys,

Some nice ideas here. I like your way of thinking.
The truth is that I have thought about all of these ideas. When I say 10 years went into this I really mean it LOL!

My first thoughts were to use 2 jokers but I wasn't fond of showing the revelation as "Two Diamonds"....but that is just my opinion.
I much preferred to have the revelation to be "Two Of Hearts" because it made sense grammatically. So I played with the idea of using Tarot cards that my wife designed for me (the tarot cards were a variation of the sun cards..light and happy) The presentation went along the lines that I met this gypsy fortune teller and I became fascinated with what she did. She knew that I was a magicians and she gave me 3 special cards. She said to carry the cards with me at all times and when I meet the right person I would know, I would then look at one person and say..."guess what...you are that person"
I would them perform any card with the Tarot Cards. In fact I even worked out a one ahead presentation where I would ask them to think of a card and they would only reveal parts of the card as I put each tarot card on the table. When all the cards were on the table their final card would be revealed. They would then turn them over the tarot cards on the table to reveal their card written on the back, etc.
In the end, I was never really comfortable with Tarot cards so I kept looking and thinking.

It finally hit me that by adding the word THE I could use 4 cards. 4 cards then opened it up to a 4 of a kind, which then allowed the deck and revelation to be a lot more organic and natural. Then came the method shift, the revised easy spread concept, etc...
This all happened over many years of letting the ideas stew over time.

Also keep in mind that by using the jokers you are missing out on such a strong and powerful revelation that the Double Whammy presentation offers.
In other words, One person names a 4 of a kind and the other person names a playing card...and by spreading the deck you reveal the 4 of a kind that they just named face up in the deck (like the invisible deck) and then you knock them over the head by revealing the freely chosen card written on the back of the 4 of a kind...BOOM!

Again, I appreciate your thinking on this...just wanted you to understand all the thinking behind the effect :)

Rich
[quote]On Jul 14, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:
[/quote]

And having words written on the backs is natural? LOL! [/quote]

Yes but thatís the kicker ending ie the surprise , you donít want to arouse suspicion at the start of the effect imo Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jul 14, 2019 10:10AM)
[quote]On Jul 14, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
Hey Guys,

Some nice ideas here. I like your way of thinking.
The truth is that I have thought about all of these ideas. When I say 10 years went into this I really mean it LOL!
Again, I appreciate your thinking on this...just wanted you to understand all the thinking behind the effect :)

Rich [/quote]

Great to hear your thoughts behind this, Richard! Thanks for sharing, very much appreciated! Especially taking us through the process that led to this wonderful creation of yours. Please don't ever use that photo to do an audition for The Bold And The Beautiful. We need you in the magic community.
Hi The Unmasked Magician,

Ya, even when I looked like that I never looked like that! LOL
Photoshop was my friend back then.
I guess it's time to dig into the settings on the Cafť and take that puppy down :)
Speaking of "Double Whammy." In my amateur performance of this effect mentioned above, my wife immediately suggested that I must have set this up with my daughter, and my son-in-law concurred that this was the only way this could have worked. While my daughter was protesting that her choice of cards was completely random I was re-setting the deck and then had my wife name a suit and my son-in-law name a value. This totally blew them away (and vindicated my daughter from the accusation of collusion)!
Quite a testament to Richard's brilliance in combining this effect, method, and handling to create something this universally loved and which inspires so much creativity.

ďDestined to become a classicĒ is often said but rarely true, but it in this case I can practically guarantee it.

I can tell you that it will be awfully tough to beat this for my Trick of the Year vote.
[quote]On Jul 14, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
Hi The Unmasked Magician,

Ya, even when I looked like that I never looked like that! LOL
Photoshop was my friend back then.
I guess it's time to dig into the settings on the Cafť and take that puppy down :) [/quote]

No leave it up Richard itís nice of you share that photo of your grandson lol
Message: Posted by: Aaron Smith Magic (Jul 14, 2019 10:37PM)
Still using this, and I love it. Way stronger than ID. Laymen LOVE this trick. Thank you Richard for consistently putting out the best material.
Any Card should be trick of the year! I love this trick. This trick make me feel like I did when I first started doing magic 40 years ago. This brings me an excite to show as many people as I can. Itís brilliant and foolproof
I agree itís a great effect and it will certainly be one of the best effects of the year . Fantastic thinking as always from Richard just love the kicker Gaz 🙂
I purchased it and it came in Saturday. I got the deck marked and ready and to go.Richard Sanders did a great job putting this together and making this a worker. I really want to get it down smooth before I perform it.

Allen
Have to say it.. Great. Its a master piece. Easy to perform and full of astonishment. Its a winner. Thanks Richard.
I really enjoy this! It's a fun effect to perform and gets great reactions!

Watch my full in-depth review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grDl7dedUc4

I hope this helps you out! :)
Amazon is selling a 12 pack of the same chisel tip marker Richard uses for $5.69 for all 12.
I don't need 12, but that's about the same price as buying 1 at my local stores.
I'm going to use any marker I have laying around on my test cards and practice with them until the chisel tips get delivered Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IFI9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[quote]On Jul 17, 2019, James927 wrote:
Amazon is selling a 12 pack of the same chisel tip marker Richard uses for $5.69 for all 12.
I don't need 12, but that's about the same price as buying 1 at my local stores.
I'm going to use any marker I have laying around on my test cards and practice with them until the chisel tips get delivered Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IFI9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 [/quote]

I bought a pack, terrible! had to keep going over it, looked very patchy
Thanks SO MUCH to Aaron Smith, Funnyclown, Videoman, LarryD, Gaz Lawrence, Vraagaard, mtstic44, The Unmasked Magician, Tyler Lunsford, Kaan, Cardbiker and others for such positive reviews for Any Card! As I said before, I put a lot of thought into this and itís so satisfying when others share my enthusiasm.

I am going to add some new touches and ideas from fans to the tutorials shortly so keep an eye out for that.

Again I sincerely thank you so much for your positive thoughts and I'm thrilled to see how much you are enjoying the effect :)

Rich
[quote]On Jul 17, 2019, cardbiker wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IFI9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 [/quote]

I bought a pack, terrible! had to keep going over it, looked very patchy [/quote]

Bummer - have you switched to something else?
I have used a standard sharpie on 100,s of decks and never had a problem . You just have to let them dry properly .
We all know they are touch dry almost I mmediately but the vapour can cause bleed through if they are not left for a couple of hours at least . I normally leave them overnight just to make certain Gaz 🙂
I agree with Gaz, and if using the large, broad-tipped chisel markers I allow them to dry for at least 24 hours, not just overnight.
I know itís hard to wait because we are so anxious to start using the cards but patience is a virtue.
Some have mentioned in this thread a double whammy where any four of a kind can be used. Is there a trailer showing this presentation? I constructed a deck that mimics the effect shown in the one trailer I viewed, but if any four of a kind can be used then I need to ponder this quite a bit more. Iíve purchased Richardís ACE and Extreme Burn 2.0 and know the vast amount of detail he provides in handling so $40 is well worth the price but just need to work this one out in my mind as a challenge.
[quote]On Jul 18, 2019, LesL wrote:
Some have mentioned in this thread a double whammy where any four of a kind can be used. Is there a trailer showing this presentation? I constructed a deck that mimics the effect shown in the one trailer I viewed, but if any four of a kind can be used then I need to ponder this quite a bit more. Iíve purchased Richardís ACE and Extreme Burn 2.0 and know the vast amount of detail he provides in handling so $40 is well worth the price but just need to work this one out in my mind as a challenge. [/quote]

Probably shouldn't say this on an open forum, but....

To do the version of the effect with any four of a kind, you have to buy the effect with the bonus add-on(available to people who join his email list). Don't want to reveal too much, but Richard has come up with a proprietary card stock that is as sturdy as your standard bike stock, but 3/4 thinner(including the magnets between the 1st and 2nd layers). You can assemble about 4 decks worth on top of each other and they'd fit in a standard bike box.
No Disrespect LesL but you are saying that you made a make-shift version of the effect and you are fishing for answers so that you can try to do it yourself. Hmmm, not sure how that comes across. Seems like bad form to me. Asking a friend or someone you know might be a more respectful way to do your research... not on a public forum.

Re Marking the cards, I explained this all in te instructions but just to clarify here:
If you really want to make sure this is above and beyond dry then wait about 24 hours.
There was also a great idea mentioned on this forum about using Sharpie Paint markers.
I haven't personally used these markers yet but I will try them shortly and report my findings in the instruction section, so check for that soon>

Rich
No disrespect Richard. I was as surprised as you as to the response I received. I only asked if there was a trailer that I had missed.
[quote]On Jul 18, 2019, LesL wrote:
No disrespect Richard. I was as surprised as you as to the response I received. I only asked if there was a trailer that I had missed. [/quote]

It sounds like what you are saying is that once you have it figured out and have successfully made one of your own, then you will gladly buy Richard's deck, as if that is just how you always like to do things.

The trouble is that at that point most people won't buy Richard's, they'll just use the one they made. So you shouldn't be surprised if he is suspicious of your intentions.

Strange that you claim to be surprised at the response but it's honestly hard to believe that you could write that initial post and not have any sense of how it might sound.
Yeah, but you still have to love Calvin's response. :rotf:

Jim
BTW, I've had my Any Card for a few days now but still haven't started marking them yet. All my kids keep dropping off their little ones - my grandchildren - and I can't spread the cards out to dry anywhere... Everyplace is a "spill-zone" while they're here! I'm seriously considering doing it all in the middle of the night to be safe. :hmm:

Jim
Lol Jim great idea about doing them in the middle of the night thatís what I tend to do .
Calvinís post was great too 😂😂 Gaz
Thatís what I did while watching Netflix
Things we do for magic 😂
I hate to cause any further disruption to this thread but I cannot think of a better place to post an apology to Richard and others on this forum who took offense at my post. Rereading what I wrote I now see how it was inappropriate. Still, I am left with a bitter taste from the meanest displayed by the original responder none of which appeared in Richardís response. Iíve been on this forum long enough to see that smack downs are common. Glad some had a laugh at my expense, it was probably deserved. Hope the thread on Richardís project continues now without further ado.
LesL
Thanks for your understanding LesL :)
No worries on my end. I appreciate your kind response.
I wish you the best my friend.
If you ever have any questions you can try reaching out to me privately.

Have a great day.
More reviews for Any Card:

Remember they can name ANY CARD and it's predicted on the back of the 4 aces!

We are nearing the end of the first run, it could take a while to re-stock...get it while you can :)

Instant Classic!!!
I know we're only half way through the year but this is my candidate for T.O.T.Y. to date! Once in a great while a trick will be released that is just a little too strong to elaborate on. Such is the case with Any Card. A lot of card workers are going to be throwing this one in their case. It's such a powerful routine. It's either a one and done or a closer, that's it. There is extensive prep involved on this one but it is worth every minute...nothing hard, just writing on cards. A lot of thought went into this deck. Richard the Great has done it again! You just might want to pick this one up!...
Don Podlas

Best trick of the year!
Better than the invisible deck. Will become a classic. Highest recommendation!
Robert Leo

This is a awesome effect. Very clever and very amazing. easy to do, great online instructions, very in depth training on every aspect of the routine. Iím very happy with it
Jeffrey Haddock

Killer trick!!
I saw this trick in my local magic shop, and when I saw the name "Richard Sanders" on it, I knew I had to buy it. I watched the tutorial, and I was performing it the same day. He makes it very easy to understand, and for those people complaining that it doesn't come fully "assembled", there's a good reason for that (it's in the tutorial video). It's such a powerful trick, and I highly recommend it to anyone!
Will James
I like this more than the ID. So much easier to use than the ID deck as well.
[quote]On Jul 21, 2019, RNK wrote:
I like this more than the ID. So much easier to use than the ID deck as well. [/quote]

I absolutely agree with RNK.

A couple other reasons that this effect is ahead of the ID IMO are...

The magician in trouble syndrome. They initially think you have missed and they let down their guard so the finale is totally unexpected and it hits even harder.

Using cards from a different deck (with writing on the back no less) eliminates any thought of sleight of hand or secretly flipping over a card as with ID. Plus, having writing on the backs is such a complete surprise that they never see coming.

At the end the deck is already put away and you can toss the 4 cards down and they can inspect them as much as they like. This may not seem like a big deal but I just love tossing the cards down on the table right in front of someone almost asking them to check them out without having to actually say anything. Much better way to end the effect as opposed to ID where you are quickly putting the deck back in it's case and putting it away. That just seems so cozy that I think many people are wondering about some kind of "trick deck" even though they almost never say it.

Something that doesn't get mentioned much is spectators being able to continue talking about an effect after it is over. And I'm not only referring to talking amongst themselves but even while you are still there. I like that you can keep the conversation going after the end of Any Card whereas with ID I always feel like I have to wrap things up or change the subject. Because there is just not that much for anyone to say after ID except "Wow, how did do you that?" And that's fine, nothing wrong with that at all. But the conversation usually ends there. But with Any Card they can say "Oh Man, I was sure you messed it up but then you had it written on the backs?" This usually prompts a comment from another spectator and the remarks can even keep going on. It's just getting the conversational ball rolling in the first place.

Probably not explaining my point very well but I always like when you can give them more to talk about because I think it creates a feeling in them that they realize that they really liked what you did. It allows them to savor the moment and helps them remember you.
I do agree with the above as this is a fantastic routine that offers more than ID .
I would say that Brainwave eliminates any thoughts you could have flipped the card as well though .
This is brilliant though and has arguably overtaken what was arguably the best card effect ever imo Gaz 🙂
This has to be the Best Trick of the Year. I think you have hit it Mr.Sanders. I might be over stepping a bit but my hunch is probably right on.
Richard
[quote]On Jul 21, 2019, mtstic44 wrote:
This has to be the Best Trick of the Year. I think you have hit it Mr.Sanders. I might be over stepping a bit but my hunch is probably right on.
Richard [/quote]

I think you are correct. The easiness of execution along with the reveal is so good. I would think has to be at least in the final group of the Best Trick of the year. Though, the year is not over yet!
Since AC is so good Iím putting my ID in the sock drawer.
RNK, Videoman, Gaz Lawrence, mtstic44 and Funnyclown

Wow, thanks so much for such awesome comments about Any Card.
I gotta admit that I'm pretty biased but it means so much more when fellow magicians, such as yourselves, feel the same way.

Again guys...thanks so much for taking the time to let me and others know your thoughts about Any Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (okay I think that's enough exclamation marks for now) !!!!! (sorry had to do it)

Rich
Watch the amazing Ryan Tricks blow minds with Any Card!

BTW, he is using the double Whammy presentation :)

[youtube]YNX3Vt-pMho[/youtube]

Rich
This is an email I received from Eric Leclerc from Brain Games fame:

Any Card is by far my new favorite card trick to perform. I seriously bring it with me everywhere I go now. I havenít carried a one-trick deck on me for years BUT your wonderful new creation is totally worth it.

The reactions it gets are absolute amazement. EVERY SINGLE TIME. As the spectators turn over their 4 aces, I get as giddy as them at the reveal.

Youíve built a trick with an automatic engaging presentation. Thereís comedy, thereís failure, and then when you have them right where you want em, BAM! An amazing climax. They never see it coming!

Seriously, how do you come up with absolute real world workers time and time again? You really are a gift to the magic community, and so is this trick. Thanks for sharing with all of us man!
Any Card and Extreme Burn are the 2 best go to effects that absolutely kill and never disappoint. To use EB for so many years is a testament to its entertainment value. I am confident AC will be seated next to EB for many years as well.
I agree , I have used Extreme Burn from Its first release and through all its evolutions since .
Richards creations are absolutely first class as is his customer service .
Any card will be around in magicians arsenals forever imho Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jul 23, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
Watch the amazing Ryan Tricks blow minds with Any Card!

BTW, he is using the double Whammy presentation :)

[youtube]YNX3Vt-pMho[/youtube]

Rich [/quote]

I had my doubts about this effect for some unknown reason, but watching that doubly whammy being performed Iím a convert.
Itís a killer!
Thanks Rizzo :)
Much appreciated my friend.
I do my best to produce real world killers, not pipe dreams that many effects seem to be based on nowadays!
Thanks Gaz Lawrence!!!
I really appreciate your awesome comments my friend!!!!!
I want my customers to feel great about any effect that they purchase from me because that's how I want to feel buying an effect from someone else.
Hi TheGreatRaymondo, Yes the double Whammy presentation is the way to go on this.
It packs the most punch as you predict the 4 of a kind they are thinking of and then the knock out punch where their randomly THOUGHT OF CARD is written on the back of those aces....BOOM...game over!
Thanks so much for your input my friend.
Is anyone doing this as a mentalism theme?
Iíve been doing this a lot lately. I get audible gasps along with some expletives, because people just canít help themselves. The slow reveal of the final card is a jaw dropper every ***ed time. Thank you, Richard. This is real magic.
I didnít notice it in the video and forgive me if itís already been posted but was it ever revealed what the cards are ďtreatedĒ with in case we ever need to make up a new deck? Or just use the handy dull coat for any refills?
Donít believe specific compound has been tipped.
Correct and I assume it wonít be.
I bought the original and also made up a second one with the helpful inclusion of a MD and SF worked pretty well for me.
It isnít tipped on the tutorials but if you have all the variants of these substances old a new then you will have it .
From those you will be able to deduce what one it is Gaz 🙂
Great effect, that type of end suprise always get good results
I mentioned earlier on in this post that I saw Jamie Allen perform this on a cruise ship show and I couldnít wait to get it for myself
Well I have been using it in my own performances and the reactions are brilliant
It is so easy to do and I just want to thank Richard for his commitment and time in bringing this to us to perform (many years in the making)
If you havenít got this you really are missing out
Has to be trick of the year for me
[quote]On Aug 3, 2019, johndevacmaker wrote:
I mentioned earlier on in this post that I saw Jamie Allen perform this on a cruise ship show and I couldnít wait to get it for myself
Well I have been using it in my own performances and the reactions are brilliant
It is so easy to do and I just want to thank Richard for his commitment and time in bringing this to us to perform (many years in the making)
If you havenít got this you really are missing out
Has to be trick of the year for me [/quote]

I agree. I get very strong reactions from this effect. And as a bonus - it's so easy, that once you have it down, you don't even have to practice it.
Anyone know what adhesive is used? Mine's worn out after a couple months' use despite keeping the gimmick in storage as prescribed by Richard. Tried Zig 2 in 1, but it has a "shiny" appearance that is not apparent in the original. Afraid that will be visible under bright lights or sun.

If I order replacements, they are a whopping $20 shipping from Canada to Australia just for ONE set of cards. Contacted Richard but he never responded.
[quote]On Aug 13, 2019, ccmwl wrote:
Anyone know what adhesive is used? Mine's worn out after a couple months' use despite keeping the gimmick in storage as prescribed by Richard. Tried Zig 2 in 1, but it has a "shiny" appearance that is not apparent in the original. Afraid that will be visible under bright lights or sun.

If I order replacements, they are a whopping $20 shipping from Canada to Australia just for ONE set of cards. Contacted Richard but he never responded. [/quote]

Ouch! I donít think the secret substance will be disclosed buddy to avoid people making up decks themselves I guess?
[quote]On Aug 14, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:

If I order replacements, they are a whopping $20 shipping from Canada to Australia just for ONE set of cards. Contacted Richard but he never responded. [/quote]

Ouch! I donít think the secret substance will be disclosed buddy to avoid people making up decks themselves I guess? [/quote]

I would think a Harry Robson roughing stick would do it
I thought the roughing sticks were intended to be applied to pairs of cards. I would think SF or something like that would be closest.
[quote]On Aug 14, 2019, simplymagicweb wrote:

Ouch! I donít think the secret substance will be disclosed buddy to avoid people making up decks themselves I guess? [/quote]

Really sorry guys. I meant to enquire about the ACE gimmick, not Any Card which I've since ordered a 2nd one from Penguin's Open Box. 😊. It's that good! I've been on a Sanders binge lately learning/revising his effects, so got them mixed up, including Alpha Deck. It doesn't help when all of them uses some sort of g**e or r******g solution and all start with the letter "A". Apologies again. 😳

Happy to show proof of ownership of ACE. Really sorry. Mods, I'd understand if this post is deleted or moved to the appropriate section. Thanks.
Best card trick 2019
Hey Gang,

Thanks so much MinSting, johndevacmaker, Vraagaard, MR Effecto and any others I may have missed :)

I just got back from Magic Live.
I was fortunate enough to be chosen to work the Close-Up show this year along with Henri Evnas, Pipo Villanueva and Dani Daortiz.
All these guys have won numerous magic competitions, FISM etc...
No pressure there...LOL!!!!

Because Dani and Henri use only cards I decided it was best to keep card effects to a minimum in my act.
I decided to do only one card effect...so it had to be extra good.
I chose Any Card...and IT ROCKED...it even got a standing ovation in one show...even though it was in the middle of my act!!!

I will be doing a full demonstration and review of the effect very soon and I will post a link here.
The reasoning for this is that I believe many people are still a little confused as to the power and simplicity of the effect.
I think the original demo did not do it justice.

If this is something that interests you then stay tuned :)

Rich
[quote]On Aug 14, 2019, Xcath1 wrote:
I thought the roughing sticks were intended to be applied to pairs of cards. I would think SF or something like that would be closest. [/quote]

No the Harry Robson stick can be applied to just one card
Rich, I saw you in the close-up show and you killed it, Your right Any card was a hit and Iím glad I got to see you perform it live, always good seeing you.

Nm
Hi Magicnorm,

Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet.
Thanks so much for your kind words, they are sincerely appreciated!

Rich
[quote]On Aug 14, 2019, Xcath1 wrote:
I thought the roughing sticks were intended to be applied to pairs of cards. I would think SF or something like that would be closest. [/quote]

I have topped mine up using SF. No problems.

I am also in the process of knocking another deck together using an old marked deck - so I know the exact location of each card without having to count them.
Iím hopeful this will effectively make it completely and totally self working.
Using a marked deck works great and allows you to fly to the desired card very quickly and even more importantly, with extreme confidence.

Robson's stick does work great on a single card but needs to be reapplied more often, and also it seems to kind of evaporate over time for reasons I canít explain. IOW, if treated cards are left unused for months the treatment seems to be much less effective and requires it to be reapplied, at least that has been my experience.

Whatever substance Richard uses it works really, really well and seems to last a long time so I much prefer it over Robson's stick.
I know the newer clear vanishing inc Robson stick is much much better than its predecessor imo
Gaz 🙂
Good to know, thanks Gaz.
Now that you mention it, I do recall hearing about a newer version of Robsonís stick but had forgotten about it.
Pleasure my friend Gaz 🙂
I have the Robson stick that Vanishing inc provides.

It does wear off in a few months even when not used, Iím going to have to find the exact timeline one of these days, but it does last for many many uses and very much worth the small price tag. So reapplication with the stick will be my first go-to if Any Card does wear out. Finally got around to the prep work, now to put on the practice!
Mine doesnít wear out / evaporate as of yet .
The secret I find is to put the deck away and then store it in a good fitting metal card guard .
If anything they adhere more strongly after that process .
Thatís just my experience anyway Gaz 🙂
If this wears out hope Mr. Sanders will let us know what to use... so we can continue to perform with no problems.

Started to use and testing it out.

Great effect, thanks once again for releasing it!
I really doubt he is going to tell what he uses which is very smart on his end.
Allen
He doesnít need to tell as if you have some of the more modern applications of the R&S principle you will be able to work out what it is anyway imo Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Aug 19, 2019, Lseeyou wrote:
If this wears out hope Mr. Sanders will let us know what to use... so we can continue to perform with no problems.

Started to use and testing it out.

Great effect, thanks once again for releasing it! [/quote]

They wont tell us, they want to sell the re-fills....It's all about the $$$$
[quote]On Aug 20, 2019, dman11 wrote:

They wont tell us, they want to sell the re-fills....It's all about the $$$$ [/quote]

I see your point but I also see their point. It's kind of like a secret sauce that a restaurant uses for their wings, they're not going to tell you how they made it because then you'll just go buy the ingredients and make it yourself. Then they go out of business.
Hey Guys,

First thing, Any Card should last you a long time if taken care of, like any effect.
As Gaz mentioned, I do recommend keeping them in a card clip if you have one.
If not, then just keep them in a safe place and in the box when not in use and they should last you a long time.

FYI, All Any Card Decks are prepared in a manufacturing facility with proprietary adhesive.
I created the original prototype in my basement using a different adhesive but quickly found that this was not something I wanted to do on in my home.
It's messy, time consuming and the fumes are dangerous for your lungs and your eyes.

If you want to try to duplicate the process using known methods that is up to you.

If, however, you want quality replacement decks that are fully prepared and ready to go, they are available here:
https://sandersfx.com/collections/accessories-1/products/any-card-replacement-decks

I hope that helps

Rich
[quote]On Aug 20, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:

If, however, you want quality replacement decks that are fully prepared and ready to go, they are available here:
https://sandersfx.com/collections/accessories-1/products/any-card-replacement-decks

I hope that helps

Rich [/quote]

A million thanks, Richard! I really like all your products and having cheap, multiple refills is just icing on the cake. You're really setting a good example for all other creators/dealers. Will be making a large order soon.
2 for $50, Iím down for that if I need refills. Thanks for the fantastic option.
Hey Richard- you mentioned a video you had from Magic Live- has that been posted yet?

Thanks.
Mr. Sanders is a smart business man. He's got a winner on his hands and he knows people will come back for the refills. Most people aren't going to figure out what stuff he is using because most of the solutions wear out over time.Very ingenious Mr. Sanders keep it a secret.
Allen
Have to say this simple to learn and it blows minds.
With respect this wears out just the same if you work it , hence the good priced refills .
Brilliant brilliant effect nonetheless Gaz 🙂
Richard - Why I've waited on this is anyone's guess. A brilliant effect. (Reminds me of "Pyscho Killer". I wanted to be able to do that trick when I first heard the local magic shop guy tell me about it almost 20 years ago.) Is there an advantage to buying direct from you vs another retailer? If you sign an autograph/personalize it to me... I'm in. :) (I'm serious. I'm a fan.)
Did this for the first time today, many times at a festival.

Was a hit and shows to be a real worker. I reset quickly while walking in between groups.

Hits emí hard.
Should mine wear out today, or ten years from now...I have no problem paying full price for a new deck. Anyone who has performed this for the public would surely agree.
Finally got around to making this up. So great and fun to perform
For those that purchased Any Card I wanted to let you know that I added a few new videos into the training area, including a live performance at Magic Live.

Have a great day,

Rich
That was a very funny presentation. Thanks for adding the footage from magic live. It was something that it was Eric Meade that you were performing for and you didn't know it at the time.
Very funny.
Allen
Great spot Richard. Awesome trick congratulations.
DR
[quote]On Aug 27, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
For those that purchased Any Card I wanted to let you know that I added a few new videos into the training area, including a live performance at Magic Live.

Have a great day,

Rich [/quote]

Thank you Richard, really enjoying the updates!
This is by far the best trick I have seen for the thought of card reveal. I initially thought it was similar to OMEN by Chris Congreave but boy was I wrong. the Method was so different and clever and fast that its hard to beat it. I was so impressed, Bought it and then saw Richard perform this at magic live and got great reactions. I came back and ordered 2 more replacements decks as I am sure I would want those in my next life.
Message: Posted by: Al Kazam the Magic Man (Sep 3, 2019 09:54AM)
I have a little question please. I just got this and have done it a few times and it's been great. Still working on the presentation that fits me and I'm quite excited to see how it goes.

My question is this....Is there a way that by putting the cards into the spectators hands and they bend the cards in handling them, that it could effect the way the pairs split in later performances? If the cards got bent would it effect they way they handle as pairs? I hope my question is clear. For example having the cards being bent during tiny plunger can play havoc with the method if you're not careful.

All the best,

Al
[quote]On Sep 3, 2019, Al Kazam the Magic Man wrote:
I have a little question please. I just got this and have done it a few times and it's been great. Still working on the presentation that fits me and I'm quite excited to see how it goes.

My question is this....Is there a way that by putting the cards into the spectators hands and they bend the cards in handling them, that it could effect the way the pairs split in later performances? If the cards got bent would it effect they way they handle as pairs? I hope my question is clear. For example having the cards being bent during tiny plunger can play havoc with the method if you're not careful.

All the best,

I would say it definitely could ruin the deck if the cards got bent. Iím sure a Richard even recommends keeping them in a card clip
Al [/quote]
You might want to rethink having spectators handle the cards. :)

Jim
You are referring to placing just the 4 aces into a specs hands, correct?

I let them handle them and unless they purposely try to bend them they are not likely to get bent in any significant way.

I will often have the spec hold out both hands palm up and deal the 4 aces face up into their hands (2 in each hand) and then slowly turn over each card one by one and set each one back in their hands face down so the magic seems to happen in their hands. I then leave them there for a moment and if they care to check them out a bit they can.

It's easy to replace them so not a big deal if they were to occasionally get bent anyway.
I bought this and think it is great. I do this with a presentation which suggests I can influence mentally the spectators choice of cards. I tell them that I have placed four aces up in the deck and show them the first red ace and a second ace which is about 10 cards into the deck. No one remembers the position of the second ace.

The deck is well made and when I pull out the aces, I table the deck and then spread part of it so it looks like a sea of blue in the face of the red backed aces. No one has asked to see the deck because it is partially spread on a table.
I actually mentioned keeping the deck in a metal card case/clip . I recommend this for all the decks that use this type of principle , they last so much longer and then never let you down in performance . Ps Richard Sanders the legend then echoed my post Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: Al Kazam the Magic Man (Sep 3, 2019 09:30PM)
Thanks for the interesting comments about what may happen if the cards got bent by accident when the spectator handling them. Videoman says it's easy to replace the cards and no big deal. That may be if you live close by to where you can get them, but for folks like me who live on the other side of the world, and our currency is struggling big time, it's not a cheap option at all. Then Richard says they cards don't use roughing spray, so from that I speculated that if a few of the cards got bent and were perhaps not adhering very well in pairs, there could be issues and I'd need a new deck or at least some replacement pairs if that makes sense.
Please also note, that I'm not really a close up adult mainly card magician specialist.
ps. I'll try and get a good metal card case of clip to hold them in
Thanks again
There's not an ace in that deck is is treated. They're normal cards and can be replaced from a regular deck. So, you're handing the spectator untreated normal cards.
Very true Sean , good point Gaz 🙂
Yes Gaz the metal clip is a super great idea for Any Card, thanks my friend!!!
As Gaz mentioned, it keeps the deck in super pristine condition at all times.
In fact a metal clip is a great product to use for all special decks :)

Also, as Sean mentioned above, the Aces are not treated at all. They can be replaced with Reg aces from any red backed Bicycle deck (if you need to)
I worked hard to make this possible, that is another reason why I discarded the traditional R/S principle.
I wanted the Aces to get into people's hands with no fear of putting wear and tear on the deck:)

Also thanks so much to everyone here for your awesome comments, support and help with questions.
Much appreciated guys...sincerely :)

Rich
Bent cards do not effect the workings of any type of RnS applied cards anyway, even if the Aces were treated.
To be fair I find ( bent cards ) they do affect certain effects . Mark Elsdonís latest effect for example is affected by his chore selling point of just this . His use of an old gimmick is not reliable using this principle with a basic over hand shuffle imho . Marks is a great effect but this principle is not needed as itís far cleaner anyways than a K..an d.c. and magicians still use that deck today Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Sep 3, 2019, Al Kazam the Magic Man wrote:
Videoman says it's easy to replace the cards and no big deal. That may be if you live close by to where you can get them, but for folks like me who live on the other side of the world, and our currency is struggling big time, it's not a cheap option at all. [/quote]

The aces are untreated and since you said you own the effect I assumed you knew this.
If a new deck of cards is prohibitively expensive in your country and you donít have any old decks lying around, and you donít already own or want to buy any one way force decks...then I would suggest that you not hand out any cards if you are worried they will get bent.

However, having a spectator bend a card beyond repair I would think would be a very rare occurrence. Itís certainly never happened to me yet but of course YMMV.
Good thinking of Sanders not to have the handouts treated.
[quote]On Sep 4, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
To be fair I find ( bent cards ) they do affect certain effects . Mark Elsdonís latest effect for example is affected by his chore selling point of just this . His use of an old gimmick is not reliable using this principle with a basic over hand shuffle imho . Marks is a great effect but this principle is not needed as itís far cleaner anyways than a K..an d.c. and magicians still use that deck today Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

I donít see how you can say a k d**k is cleaner. One of the proves is to very cleanly spread the deck and leave it spread to show there are no duplicates.
Hi Rowland sorry for the confusion , I didnít say a K.r..n d.c. is cleaner I said without the special something on them Marks effect with just the minimal r.pe.ts is far cleaner than a K.r..n d.c. and therefore doesnít need the special something on it as it doesnít work well at on bent cards if at all imho .
A spectator never sees anything untoward as they are so far apart in the deck . You can block push if you were worried about this too .
Anyway back on topic on Richards great effect , I agree Pegasus about the untreated Aces thatís a master stroke by Richard 👍👍 .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
This is a great effect, I really enjoyed it.

Red
I agree if you want to do one card effect that really slays this is very very strong Gaz 🙂
Probably the best single trick deck I ever purchased. I canít remember the last time I carried a trick deck around as if it was a regular deck! Well done Richard. I have always loved the predator wallet and now its built into my deck of cards! Trick of the year for sure! Genius thinking. Tommy Wonder would be proud.
The aces are all regular, ungimmicked cards. I worked extra hard to find a solution where this was possible.
This way you can freely give the aces to the spectator so that they can experience the thought of card revelation in their own hands.
I have found this to be especially powerful for very small groups or one on one, etc.
For larger groups I prefer to show the revelation as it is easier for everyone to see.
The beautiful part is that the aces and the revelation cards are totally examinable.
I hate effects where the main focus point of an effect needs to be handled with extra care and put away quickly.
With Any Card the impossible revelation is right there in their own hands.

If the aces ever get soiled or dirty, etc you can simply replace them with aces from any Bicycle deck

BTW, Thank you so much for all the amazing reviews of Any Card.
BEST EFFECT OF 2019...WOW!!!

It is SOOOOO appreciated :)

Have a great week!

Rich
To be honest, I may be wrong but this doesn't excite me too much because a) You have to carry around an extra deck and b) This effect is pretty obvious to most of us here. On the positive side, some would consider it an improvement over the ID. As a test I did both to my wife (who generally doesn't like card effects). She liked Any Card more because it's written on the cards and looks more impossible. You could construct this using the variety of stuff which is mentioned in this thread. Vanishing's s***k works. Essentially, you are paying for Richard's thoughts/presentation and his special formula. How well that special formula holds and under what conditions (hot vs colder countries, etc) I don't know. $40 is a bit pricey for hobbyists imho but for working magicians, probably ok as the special formula may be better than other stuff used in similar effects.
Sophocles, you are paying for the effect, the method, the custom deck and the 10+ years of work and trial and error that went into the effect :)

Your wife said that "Any Card was stronger than the invisible deck."
That's the strongest endorsement I could ever ask for!

Rich
ID still gets the nod as the reset is instant and the plot is more straightforward. (Honestly, ID is one of the 5 best card tricks and probably will never be surpassed). But Any Card is a fantastic alternative. I really enjoy performing it and it honestly kills. Well worth the price.
IMO, the thing that gives Any Card the nod over ID is that it seems to make sense to bring another deck into play when performing Any Card. By that I mean that you can be performing with a regular red backed deck and after your through with whatever you are performing with that deck, you can simply say "actually this is not a full deck, I removed 4 of the cards and placed them into this deck", as you bring out the AC deck.

At that point, you could even put the AC deck away and bring your original red deck back out again and continue on using it and although it really doesn't make sense, for some reason people do not question why you are using 2 decks. Perhaps because you have written on some of the cards they just psychologically accept that you cannot use that deck for anything else.

Of course, in theory, you can do the same with ID but IMO people are more likely to wonder why you needed a second deck. Why couldn't you show my selected card reversed in same deck you had been using? Actually, I'm not really sure why but there just seems to be more heat on the gaffed deck.

The other thing is that ID has been such a popular classic for so many decades that you much more likely to find someone who is familiar with it or may have even owned one years ago, or at least had seen the effect before.

Add to that, other aspects such as there is no way AC could have been done with sleight of hand (which some specs occasionally suspect with ID.) Plus, the writing on the cards is just so unexpected and catches people so off guard that they can't help but just get a huge grin on their face.

Granted, ID does have the edge when it comes to reset. Although, with enough practice and repetition resetting AC can be done extremely fast while paying very little any attention to it.

So as great as ID is, my vote now goes to Any Card.
Why do you need two decks to perform ID? The whole point is you have no deck at all (that's the "I" bit of ID isn't it?) until the reveal. At least that's how I've always performed it, in one shape or another.
Sorry, I probably didnít make myself very clear. Obviously you donít need 2 decks for ID. But I rarely do ID as a single stand alone trick. I prefer to do it as a closing effect after Iíve done a couple quick effects using a regular deck. So in that case I feel you need to do a deck switch, and not just introduce a second deck. Which isnít all that difficult to do but it does require some forethought and planning.

But with AC, I feel just bringing out another deck works fine and doesnít create any suspicion, and just simplifies things. And I prefer things to be simple.
Again, this is all my opinion and you may feel differently.
Wow, Videoman I have to say I really like your approach to this!

Personally, I've been playing around with switching the AC deck for a normal blue one minus four aces (because you replaced them with the red ones that are now out in play) once the effect is over.

But actually, your approach not only makes for a good way of routining in AC at the end of a set with a sort of running mystery (where are the red aces that should be in this deck), but also if you think about it, when it comes to examinability, because you've structured it so that the red aces havent actualy come from the blue deck, they're "originally from the red deck", it not only makes sense to then place them back in the red deck...but also, all the heat, if any, is now all redirected to the red deck! lol

I love it! nice idea! :)
[quote]On Sep 16, 2019, videoman wrote:
Sorry, I probably didnít make myself very clear. Obviously you donít need 2 decks for ID. But I rarely do ID as a single stand alone trick. I prefer to do it as a closing effect after Iíve done a couple quick effects using a regular deck. So in that case I feel you need to do a deck switch, and not just introduce a second deck. Which isnít all that difficult to do but it does require some forethought and planning.

But with AC, I feel just bringing out another deck works fine and doesnít create any suspicion, and just simplifies things. And I prefer things to be simple.
Again, this is all my opinion and you may feel differently. [/quote]
Ah ok that makes perfect sense!
Personally I do both and love both, and in neither effect do I use a second deck. It's always a thought of card so I'm always bringing the reveal deck into play. But you're right, AC offers great justification for why you're putting the reveal deck back out of play again afterwards, without needing to surreptitiously switch a regular deck back in.
I like the trick a lot well done Rich.
I have used any card with a second red deck in a pr..m stack You then know their card before it comes out of the box and you can put the aces down first as my prediction.
You can then use the red deck to follow on with other tricks so it works well and looks natural when you pocket the blue deck. just gives me an option of using one deck as a stand alone for a quick trick or two decks
I think you are worrying too much . The AC deck is a different coloured deck with the reveal written on the backs .
Itís easily justified as to why you are using with it hundreds of logical reasons .
The same goes for ID as well imo particularly if you use different coloured backs from your regular deck Gaz 🙂
I agree with Gaz, there are many reasons to have another deck in play.
For me, Any Card is a Special Prediction that I made. When I bring out the deck it's justified.
Or I sometimes say that I had a strange dream last week involving a deck of cards and a person.
This is the deck in my dream and you look a lot like the person (said tounge in cheek).
They never question the deck.

I feel like Gaz does in that this is a another case where, as magicians, we are running when no one is chasing us.
Why does Any Card or ID have to match your deck?
We are playing the part of magicians who perform extraordinary things with lots of different items.
We are not playing the part of a card sharp.

One more note that might be worth mentioning:
I tend to use Any Card as a closer.
In other words, I perform a bunch of effects (with or without cards) and then to end it all I bring out a special prediction (aka Any Card)
The closer is a Special Last effect and no one ever questions the other deck of cards.

I also like to use Any Card as a ONE OFF card effect.
In other words, when I only want to present one card effect, Any Card is my go to.

I hope that helps.

Again, thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and ideas here.
I couldnít agree more with you Richard , infact I donít even try to justify the deck .
It may sound arrogant but I am not one to dwell on what they may or may not think later that night or the next day regarding method .
I am there solely to create a magical moment in their minds at the time I am with them .
I am not performing for people hell bent on finding out the methods , I am performing for ordinary lay people not magicians and if the odd person desperately wants to find out the method thatís not my concern .
Sorry but I donít see the point of worrying about things that are so unlikely to happen and as a result I end up missing a trick .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Sep 17, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I think you are worrying too much . The AC deck is a different coloured deck with the reveal written on the backs .
Itís easily justified as to why you are using with it hundreds of logical reasons . [/quote]

[quote]On Sep 17, 2019, Richard Sanders wrote:
I agree with Gaz, there are many reasons to have another deck in play.
For me, Any Card is a Special Prediction that I made. When I bring out the deck it's justified.
Or I sometimes say that I had a strange dream last week involving a deck of cards and a person.
This is the deck in my dream and you look a lot like the person (said tounge in cheek).
They never question the deck.

I feel like Gaz does in that this is a another case where, as magicians, we are running when no one is chasing us.
Why does Any Card or ID have to match your deck?
[/quote]

A bit confused here because I agree with Richard and Gaz too. I was attempting to make essentially the same point. Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm not seeing where anyone said anything to the contrary. If my post came off that way then that is not how I meant it.
I wasn't referring to your post Bill .
I was just saying people are making something out of nothing .
That problem doesnít and certainly doesnít need to exist through a plethora of logical reasons .
Your post tells them a great example of what to do if they have any worries or problems .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Videoman, I should have mentioned you as well.
Sometimes I am in a rush and I have limited time to browse all the commants.
You made some great points about Any Card.
In fact most of what you said was so bang on that it made me believe that you might live in my head!
:)
ďThis is a special deck of magic cards. Iím will predict any card you think of. WatchĒ Thatís what I say, anyway.
Xcath1 that works for me my friend!
It's simple and right to the point!

Again, we can get too caught up with overthinking our stuff to death.
The simpler the magic and the plot the more powerful it becomes.

This can be presented as a fun piece of magic or as a very real prediction, it's up to your own personal style of presentation.

I love effects that are powerful but still allow room for me to be myself :)
The funny part is that sometimes I'm in a whimsical, playful mood and sometimes I wanna do some REAL MAGIC.
With Any Card I can play it either way :)