(Close Window)
Topic: Invisible Writer by Esteban Manazza?
Just noticed this appears to be a new item:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S27098

Some type of Swami, but says 'Undetectable under high scrutiny'. Also appears to not be a boon.

Anybody know anything about this?
Probably transparent plastic that blends in with the nail
It says no adhesive, and it doesn't sound like it could be an under nail swami based on the description and the fact that it also comes in Listo.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 14, 2019 02:34AM)
Looks interesting. Hard to make a decision to buy or not without more info, though.
Taken a punt..

But hey fellas, I know some do, but it's kinda nice there's no photos of it online for a change eh...
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 14, 2019 03:03AM)
Wait for the first German dealer to star selling this, Iain... :lol:
Tell you what I'm interested in, if you look at the photos from magicshop.co.uk there's a little leather pad on the table.

That looks just like a thing used for PW in magic of the mind I think it is... A 40s book I think anyways...

Interested if they address that...
Haha, undetectable under high scrutiny because it's in your pocket?

Gonna take a punt too I think... store credit at Penguin.
Another new writer on the market: https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/the-witches-nail-band-writer/

Definitely unique, but I'm not sure if I need a second color. I think Chris comes on here once in a while, maybe he can answer any questions we have.
Any news on invisible writer?
Thanks
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 16, 2019 10:43AM)
You're welcome.
Is it similar to the band writer?
or a total different stuff?
If it is really almost invisible in a close up environment it can be very useful
Both Iain and I have ordered, more info forthcoming in a few days.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 17, 2019 03:48AM)
Ah! Looking forward to your reviews!
I thought it’s vernet TT writer?
I do not think its a tt writer. veenet has it already for sale. should be a new kind of writer
A invisible band writer with new material?
much more difficukt to see in closeup???
Curious to hear more
Me too I'm deciding to buy vernet band writer but the new one is much more interesting
Would be nice to hear something more from the inventor Mr.Manazza. I am intrigued by the different holding.
Could be something similar to the invisible thumb tip?
winklersmagicwarehouse.com/product/invisible-thumb-tip-vernet/
Mr Manazza gave me some details on the invisible writer.
i must say the idea is clever and the gimmick gives the impression the hand is empty if the simple sleight is well done.
i cannot give a practical review because I have not used it but the method appears to be confortable.
it can be adapted to fit well to your finger
Manazza had a good idea. for practical testing in closeup I must wait mine for checking the practical side.
i have sweat hand I do not know if this cam be a issue. I don think but I must try
:stircoffee:
I am sure this will be a winner. compliments Mr.Manazza you have done a good job.
i like also the invisibility factor it can fool the already in the known ones
This sounds promising thanks for the updates, keep them coming :P
Okay I got mine today. It is something different than I've seen before, but it seems like a good idea.

So.... It's not a band or a boon or thumb tip, but has some aspects of all them.

So the 'invisible' part isn't necessarily while it's in place. When in position it's a little less visible than a band but probably more visible than a boon. It's uniqueness is that you can very easily get it in position and then out of the way with a little move. It can be 'stashed' on another finger while you write with your pencil or even flash your thumb, and then you can do a simple little move to get it on.

I'm not sure this will replace my Vernet band writer as the band fits my thumb pretty well, but for some this could definitely be an improvement. While the Vernet band isn't adjustable, this one can fit a wide range of thumb sizes. I definitely like this better than a boon, as I've never gotten comfortable with adhesive and stability is also an issue for some of them.

Seems good, I can see this being a good choice for some people's needs.
LL - thanks for the helpful review!
Thanks too for that excellent review. When it becomes available in the UK, will definitely be buying one.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 19, 2019 03:13AM)
Thanks for the detailed review, helps a lot!
[quote]On Jun 18, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Okay I got mine today. It is something different than I've seen before, but it seems like a good idea.

So.... It's not a band or a boon or thumb tip, but has some aspects of all them.

So the 'invisible' part isn't necessarily while it's in place. When in position it's a little less visible than a band but probably more visible than a boon. It's uniqueness is that you can very easily get it in position and then out of the way with a little move. It can be 'stashed' on another finger while you write with your pencil or even flash your thumb, and then you can do a simple little move to get it on.

I'm not sure this will replace my Vernet band writer as the band fits my thumb pretty well, but for some this could definitely be an improvement. While the Vernet band isn't adjustable, this one can fit a wide range of thumb sizes. I definitely like this better than a boon, as I've never gotten comfortable with adhesive and stability is also an issue for some of them.

Seems good, I can see this being a good choice for some people's needs. [/quote]

interesting to see your opinion for the writing and position keeping of the gimmick. mine should arrive next week
[quote]On Jun 18, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

Seems good, I can see this being a good choice for some people's needs. [/quote]

good to know it works fine
Seems stable enough after a little testing. While I don't necessarily like the fact that magic shops often post pictures of writers, I think in this case it might be good for potential buyers to actually see what this is. The *method* itself isn't really a secret....

Is Esteban Manazza a member here? I wonder if he would mind if we started a thread downstairs with a touch more info. I definitely don't want to expose anything here in the public forum, but I wonder if he would mind a little more info being shared in the private area...
Esteban contacted me and asked me to let everyone know that he's available to answer questions directly. I won't post his email here publicly so he doesn't get spammed, but I will share it via PM if anyone wants it.

He also said if we collected some questions or concerns he'd be happy to make a video addressing them all.

He doesn't speak english, but google translate works amazingly these days and you'd never know.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Jun 19, 2019 01:16PM)
You truly are a blessing for the Café, LL! Helping out both fellow magicians and creators :applause:
Magicians helping magicians.

A very big thank you.
I think these are the best writers out there... And I've gone through pretty much every kind except under nail ones...

Some of the techniques taught remind me of (I think) some handlings taught by John Riggs in his GwFoC series on how to display your hand...

I'll be buying a couple more for sure...

The design reminds me of the one Rich Hennessey used to make, but he never sold them, but made them for some of us... Though the method of attachment is different and so is the size...

Excellent product...
Two endorsements from two experts. This means a lot.
Thanks guys, and ditto to what Neil said :)
Gonna place an order.
I've never had much success with writers. After seeing LL's and IAIN's reviews, perhaps it's time I take the time and try another one.
Thank you both.
Mine has just arrived. It is really very good - and again thanks to the recommendations of Iain and Last Laugh. They certainly know a fine release when they see one.

Neil
It is a fantastic writer but there is only one issue...the video download is soooooo heavy, it is impossible to watch in streaming, hope next time they will compress the file a little more. Anyway, the writer is probably the best that Vernet put out in long time, I got 5 of them lol.
The handling tips are well worth watching and make this little device so nicely deceptive :)
Any idea where to get that notebook they're using in the video??
Adding my voice to the pack. I took the punt on one of these just to see what it was. I'm quite impressed. I think we'll be seeing more of this sort of thing in the future. Very clever.
Mine has just arrived. Excellent writer. I prefer it to tw, boon and band. The handling is also very smart. truly "invisible".
best
marco
Which do most of you prefer, listo lead or regular pencil lead?
There was some discussion in this thread (scroll down a bit):

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=695723&forum=82