(Close Window)
Topic: End of an era
Sorry to report that my dear friend and trusted confidant John "Fast Jack" Farrell passed away early this morning.
He was truly a gifted, generous and amazing person. Anyone who has viewed his Penguin video should realize the depth
of his knowledge of legitimate gambling and pure hustling. He was an encyclopedia. His lifetime of experiences and
travels (chronicled in his book) made him one of the most well rounded and fascinating people one could ever meet.

"It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts."
Adlai Stevenson
Sorry to hear this. I've communicated with Mr. Farrell a couple of times, bought the penguin lecture and his book... RIP Mr. Farrell...

Justin
This obit is from a newspaper crime reporter who knew Jack for 30 years.

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-fast-jack-farrell-obit-20190801-20190801-r2r7ek36bfev3mdvcb3xu4ceay-story.html
We are very sorry to hear that sad news. Thank you though for letting us know. We first heard some stories about him when he was over here, which was ages ago. He still seemed very sharp when he visited us here at the Café not long ago.
Very sad to hear. Rest in peace Fast Jack. I found both his Penguin lecture and his book to be extremely entertaining and informative.

Glad he shared what he did with the community.
Sad news. His memoir was a fascinating read, as he was the real deal.
Jack was very generous to me and I feel truly sad that we won't enjoy his very fast company any longer. He was one of a kind. Rest in Peace Jack.
Very sad news indeed.
I just re-read his book (4th time through) a couple of weeks ago while on a camping vacation.

Thanks for letting us know Tom.
RIP Mr Farrell. Thank you for your contribution.
Terrible news. His book (as well as his Penguin lecture) are both so fascinating. He will be missed.
R.I.P. Jack!