(Close Window)
Topic: Where did everyone go?
A lot of people who posted frequently on the bizarre site are no longer posting, where did they go? Did I miss the memo? Anyway, I really miss them and wish they'd post more frequently again.

p.s. Remember, this is the bizarre site so being dead is no excuse to not post.
Forums always wax and wane with posting. People get busy, or bored, or they get tired of drama, or they want more. Personally I've been stepping back from a lot of social media/computer use in general as I find it becomes a massive time sink.
Check that mass grave you have in your backyard, Willi.
Well for myself ,
I've been busy working on putting together Bizarre Hauntings & ECSS plus other upcoming performances such as the Poe festival and Poe's Magic, and another Sc night
I remember a few folks saying they were going to populate other forums as this one was becoming more about product hawking and reviews verses serious talk about the art. Whether or not that's true, I believe that is one of the reasons.
A number of us older folks now only communicate by Spirit Bell or Ouija board. Seriously, many magi do not become interested in the bizarre for years until they discover the roots of magic. The too, there is a better code of secrecy among sharoing members of some other boards when it comes to complete discussion and method.
As I look right now there are twelve members browsing the Café .. When I started it was never less than 50 at any time... :sun:
It was 7 just a moment ago. Must be the hot weather... (AND the older folks go to bed early.)

Julie the Younger :)
Just posted concerning an Amazing Johnathan documentary on Hulu, but no one cared enough to comment.

Why post if no one gives a flying flea?
[quote]On Aug 17, 2019, KOTAH wrote:
Just posted concerning an Amazing Johnathan documentary on Hulu, but no one cared enough to comment.

Why post if no one gives a flying flea? [/quote]

Because it let's them know it is there in case they are interested. Maybe they were like me and don't have Hulu, but still appreciate the heads up.
Willie, glad you appreciated the heads up. Not having Hulu didn't stop you from commenting

I think the reason has deeper roots
Willie, glad you appreciated the heads up. Not having Hulu didn't stop you from commenting

I think the reason has deeper roots [/quote]

You may be a little too sensitive on this. Most comments would be about the documentary, not that you posted it. I have posted several times but got no answer to the post I have made. Anyway, don't think anyone did it on purpose to upset you. I know I didn't.
I have also been missing our lengthy conversations with wise Mages but have taken some time to go over the older posts. Personally I think that it might be the fact that a lot of topics have been covered and people don’t want to go over the same things when they have been discussed already. The wealth of stored knowledge of Bizarre on the Café is incredible.

I like to imagine that there is some secret forum somewhere that is healthy and rich with new posts from the Elders and sadly I havnt gotten an invitation (maybe it was lost in the mail) . I value our time together here, be it social or creative, and am looking forward to our friends returning eventually and continuing this Bizarre creative space - it is unique
I used to enjoy a conversation when I started a thread but now mostly people just view things and move along it seems
Apologies to all, for my being such a whining ******.
I should think things through more considerately before posting

How many more friends can I ailinate before nightfall?

How many more friends can I ailinate before nightfall? [/quote]

No problem. You can't alienate friends. We are here to listen to your concerns and walk with you. It was a valid concern and I think some friends responded. Stop being so hard on yourself. Everything is fine.

How many more friends can I ailinate before nightfall? [/quote]

I didn’t take your post that way at all - I’m happy to hear your point of view
Well, I was busy almost dying in July, so I have an excuse.

Most of the time, when I post, my comments are about scripting or sharing an idea about better ways to present an effect.

I really wait until people have purchased a product (including myself), maybe reviewed, had some time to play with it and then I may jump in with some ideas.

Like my scripting to Luna, or Tim "Duel," Lillian's Diary, Dan's "From Hell," my variation on "White Star," (with new props), scripts which I have freely shared with Café members. My "White Star" script was even included in Jim Magus' new book.

So I jump into the back end of the forum, after a prop has been discovered, purchased and played with.

I'm a writer, not very creative on the prop invention side of things (although I have had a few tricks on the market over the last 40 years).

That's my reason for not always posting here.
[quote]On Aug 18, 2019, Al Desmond wrote:

Most of the time, when I post, my comments are about scripting or sharing an idea about better ways to present an effect.

I really wait until people have purchased a product (including myself), maybe reviewed, had some time to play with it and then I may jump in with some ideas.

Like my scripting to Luna, or Tim "Duel," Lillian's Diary, Dan's "From Hell," my variation on "White Star," (with new props), scripts which I have freely shared with Café members. My "White Star" script was even included in Jim Magus' new book.

So I jump into the back end of the forum, after a prop has been discovered, purchased and played with.

I'm a writer, not very creative on the prop invention side of things (although I have had a few tricks on the market over the last 40 years).

That's my reason for not always posting here. [/quote]

Al, dying is no excuse, and almost dying is less. Lol
38 right now on a lazy sunday …. :sun:
[quote]On Aug 18, 2019, weepinwil wrote:
[quote]On Aug 18, 2019, Al Desmond wrote:

That's my reason for not always posting here. [/quote]

Al, dying is no excuse, and almost dying is less. Lol [/quote]

Willie, you always put things in perspective.
I went to Schenectady.
I think many are going to Facebook Groups and other sites.
There used to be some interesting exchanges and as an amateur who doesn't perform much I tried to share what I thought were some useful bits - not tricks, but ideas that people could pick up and use such as the poison garden in Alnwick or the calendar pub in Bolton. There were a few other good contributions, but as someone said earlier, a good number of the posts were on commercial tricks or books which were either limited, out of print or very expensive. Still enjoy viewing from time to time
I do a lot of forum reading, but not much posting.

I should probably participate more. After all, I may owe some debt to the community :) When I do post, its often to ask for advice. I always seem to get good advice from the folks who actually post :)
I know there are a lot of people just checking in here that don’t post and that’s cool but it would be great if more would join the conversation- we need fresh blood, uh, I mean perspectives.
I do quite miss the days of discussion with Dr. Spektor, Gede Nibo, Doug Higley, and others that posted regularly though I do not make my rounds as often as I did in the past.
I really miss Gede Nibo,
;) plus a lot of us are working ECSS, Bizarre Hauntings, october coming, ;) (Vampire events), this time of year is a bit hectic