(Close Window)
Topic: Spectro Touch by Joao Miranda and Pierre Velarde
The PK touch is one of mentalism's most powerful effects, where a spectator feels they're being touched while the performer is some distance away. This is a 100% self-contained diabolical method, at a moment's notice, up to 20 meters away. In normal Joao Miranda fashion, this is a high tech, reliable device that does wonders.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=64700

Toe Switch releasing on September 2nd too!
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65386

Best regards,
Titanas
Wow I love the look of this. Clever to make it in this way. I imagine you will have to be a little careful about clothing of the spectator. Probably best to perform it on a man.

Can you give multiple touches back to back? Such as two taps in quick succession?

Madison
Very clever bit of kit, and the usual first class quality from Joao

MoM have it on the site now, shipping from the UK with FREE worldwide delivery here

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/spectro-touch

The release date worldwide is Monday, September 2nd

Hope this helps
Dominic Reyes
Of course I don't have this trick yet and I probably won't be getting it.
I'm sure that the handling and gimmick are first class. The audience reaction is soso in this full performance video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5dLuWrU3dA
The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm. I do like the shadow bit. In the trailer the specs only lift their arms even though the performer touches different body parts. Where's the logic? https://youtu.be/XvZ86rrTmKw
Wouldn't it be much more spectacular if the spec touches the corresponding body parts on his own body?
What am I missing here?
For those that do PK often and probably know well - the power is in the de***.

Mixing methods can be even better.

Depending on one method is probably a mistake. This looks interesting but if I used it would be to mix the methods rather than repeating.
[quote]On Aug 26, 2019, 453rob wrote:
Of course I don't have this trick yet and I probably won't be getting it.
I'm sure that the handling and gimmick are first class. The audience reaction is soso in this full performance video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5dLuWrU3dA
The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm. I do like the shadow bit. In the trailer the specs only lift their arms even though the performer touches different body parts. Where's the logic? https://youtu.be/XvZ86rrTmKw
Wouldn't it be much more spectacular if the spec touches the corresponding body parts on his own body?
What am I missing here? [/quote]

He doesnít exactly choose the spec at Random does he? I think that was the problem in that performance, everyone was suspicious that it was a stooge.
Very intriguing.

For me it will all come down to the reviews and insights on the handling.

Seems like it could be a bit tricky to load and unload the gimmick on/off the spec without the audience or spec suspecting anything fishy? Obviously audience management is going to be key here so that's my only real concern.
No way to know, but it looks like the final "shadow" phase of the performance from the six minute clip is using Christopher Taylor's method.

Travis
[quote]On Aug 26, 2019, travisb wrote:
No way to know, but it looks like the final "shadow" phase of the performance from the six minute clip is using Christopher Taylor's method.

Travis [/quote]

You managed 6 minutes? Wow. Impressed. :rotf:
Man. Iím so ready for this!
I wonder how the angles are on it.
^ has to be front facing only right? judging by the pictures of the gimmick, looks like you basically have to clip a clothespin like device on the back of your spec.

if that's the case, the angles are not my biggest concern.. as you can easily justify having people stand in front of the volunteer as a convincer that nobody else is touching him/her.

My biggest concern is the pinning part!
Is there any clean up to be done after the effect?

Thanks,

Sťa
How do you manage a spectator turning around (not deliberately, but perhaps out of excitement) and thus flashing the device attached to the back of the spectator? Also, how easy to move the device, otherwise this looks like it is limited to only one area (eg. left arm) which limits the what the performer can achieve? Your feedback appreciated.
Hi Guys,

Looking forward to getting this one in. We are currently taking pre orders and Alakazam are also doing free worldwide shipping. I think this one is going to be a winner!

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/spectro-touch-by-joo-miranda-and-pierre-velarde-.html

Peter
Any noise issues?
Is there a cleanup? I would say 100 percent there is.
It seems that you will have to be prepared to hook it onoff the spectator, and if the spectator decides to move or spin to you in case of excitment or whatnot it could be a risk of exposure..
my guess is that if its powerfull enough, hooking it onto a chair will be a better solution for a stage show anyway. safer, easier and a lot cheaper then the more expensive chairs or pk items out there.

The audience in the full performance piece was probably just a bit bored, like most of us were as the routine is really(!!) slow and not progressing. BUT, I'm sure with a proper routine is will kill like any other pk routine as the performance is what matters in a routine like this when nothing is visual.

Waiting for more info/performance bits .. this could be great!
Hi Guys,

I had a chance to test Spectro Touch in the past few days and needless to say I watched it immediately when we got it. Im a HUGE fan of the plot I use different versions (both impromptu and electronic) in the past. I used Spectro Touch 4 times.

Here is my 2 cents on Spectro Touch:

The packaging is top notch as you expect it inside the box you get the instruction card that have the password to the video and of course there is the Spectro Touch unit, the remote and the usb charger.

The instructional video is 26 minutes long and for me I didn't felt that I would need more Joao explain everything crystal clear and using the device is very very easy so its not something that you can or needed to explain an hour long.

There is an option to program the device which cause a delay on the touch BUT in vibrates 2 seconds before the touch occurs which means you know exactly when you need to do your touch.

I think this option is amazing and give a lot of freedom since you can be very open when you are in the crucial moment and your hands can be wide open which is awesome I like this a lot.

Joao set the timer to 7 seconds so it vibrates after 5 seconds, just 2 seconds before the touch occur also Im sure you can set it to a different time like 10 or 15 seconds but to be honest 5-7 or 10 seconds just perfectly fine I think there is no reason to set it higher than 10 but I guess its possible.

After Joao clearly shows all the nuances of the device (there isnít much so itís very easy really) he talk about the routine.

The routine is the one you can check in the full performance video and Joao explaining that exact routine step by step so there is no studio performance but itís not even needed to be honest.

He even states that the guy who performs it Mario Pierre is performing it very very slowly and he use music in some phases etc. You definetly don't have to do that I think its simply based on your preference and style. You can even make 2-3 touches and verbally ask the spectator how many he/she felt. So you have options here that you can play with. I even do it in a way where I touched my leg and ask the spectator if he felt it of course he did indeed. :) So there is room for creativity.

I really like the fact that Spectro Touch not require a chair in its setup and also not use a thread I used electronic devices and these ones needed a setup like that although I never had a problem but I have to admit Im sure it will feel much more free.

Some people asked us about angles and also there were questions here regarding the angles.

The angles on Spectro Touch are very good Im sure itís not gonna be suprise that nobody can be behind the spectator who the device is used on. Also since the device is very small I think its really managable. In a venue where this type of routine is presented like on stage or in a casual settings of a stand up performance Im confident to use this and Im not afraid at all of some weird spectator behaviur like they jumping up or turning around.

I never had a spectator ruin my setup with a thread version before (when I used a different device in the past) the only once it happened was absolutely my fault.

Spectro Touch can be performed as it is a complete routine with multiple phases and I don't see the need to add other method(s) here but of course you can do it and it can make the entire performance stronger for sure.

Is it worth?

I have to say I think its cheap for this price. Basically it allow me to do a PK touch routine easier and more surefire than other devices without having the chair and the t****d.

Also its very easy to operate the device is small and it almost HALF PRICE.

So in my case yes it worth the money by far and I have the freedom to perform it kinda anywhere and have the luxury of the fact that it can be with me and I can do it whenever the situation allow me to do so.

Also personally Iím fully trust Joao and how he stand behinds his products. I know if any guarantee issue occurs there will be no problem he proved it over the years countless times.

The Toe Switch::

There is a Toe Switch which that can be purchased separately for 39.95 USD I just want to mention if, out of the sake of completeness.

Do you need it? Absolutely NO. Spectro Touch easily can be done without this add-on also the programable touch option makes it unnecessary BUT I used in the past one device with a toe switch and it was fine for me so if you have experience with a toe switch and the freedom it gives worth 39.95 USD its a nice option to have, and I think its cool that Joao and his team put the work and effort to think about this option too.

Its only one manís opinion but for me Spectro Touch is a no brainer and I already thinking about how can I use 2 device I think itís something that interesting to brainstorm about for fun.

So for me its a solid 9/10 the instructions crystal clear the gimmick quality is top notch and I have a better flexibility with the routining and execution than before with similar devices.

If you like what Spectro Touch offers just hit the button at your favourite store.

I hope I answered all your questions if you have any questions Im happy to answer just pm me. :)

Spectro Touch on pre-order at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/spectro-touch-gimmicks-and-online-instructions-by-joao-miranda-and-mario-pierre

Best,
Tom

PS: we got multiple emails asking the weight of the device its only 27 gramms so kinda nothing. :)
So what is the difference between this and Christopher Taylor's Real Ghost?
[quote]On Aug 27, 2019, patapon wrote:
How do you manage a spectator turning around (not deliberately, but perhaps out of excitement) and thus flashing the device attached to the back of the spectator? Also, how easy to move the device, otherwise this looks like it is limited to only one area (eg. left arm) which limits the what the performer can achieve? Your feedback appreciated. [/quote]

I second that. The hooking is more interesting than everything else. Otherwise mix and match, you can't beat the Italian way (and IIRC the touch effect was invented in Italy?)
[quote]On Aug 27, 2019, MF Tom wrote:
Hi Guys,

I had a chance to test Spectro Touch in the past few days and needless to say I watched it immediately when we got it. Im a HUGE fan of the plot I use different versions (both impromptu and electronic) in the past. I used Spectro Touch 4 times.

The packaging is top notch as you expect it inside the box you get the instruction card that have the password to the video and of course there is the Spectro Touch unit, the remote and the usb charger.

The instructional video is 26 minutes long and for me I didn't felt that I would need more Joao explain everything crystal clear and using the device is very very easy so its not something that you can or needed to explain an hour long.

There is an option to program the device which cause a delay on the touch BUT in vibrates 2 seconds before the touch occurs which means you know exactly when you need to do your touch.

I think this option is amazing and give a lot of freedom since you can be very open when you are in the crucial moment and your hands can be wide open which is awesome I like this a lot.

Joao set the timer to 7 seconds so it vibrates after 5 seconds, just 2 seconds before the touch occur also Im sure you can set it to a different time like 10 or 15 seconds but to be honest 5-7 or 10 seconds just perfectly fine I think there is no reason to set it higher than 10 but I guess its possible.

After Joao clearly shows all the nuances of the device (there isnít much so itís very easy really) he talk about the routine.

The routine is the one you can check in the full performance video and Joao explaining that exact routine step by step so there is no studio performance but itís not even needed to be honest.

He even states that the guy who performs it Mario Pierre is performing it very very slowly and he use music in some phases etc. You definetly don't have to do that I think its simply based on your preference and style. You can even make 2-3 touches and verbally ask the spectator how many he/she felt. So you have options here that you can play with. I even do it in a way where I touched my leg and ask the spectator if he felt it of course he did indeed. :) So there is room for creativity.

I really like the fact that Spectro Touch not require a chair in its setup and also not use a thread I used electronic devices and these ones needed a setup like that although I never had a problem but I have to admit Im sure it will feel much more free.

Some people asked us about angles and also there were questions here regarding the angles.

The angles on Spectro Touch are very good Im sure itís not gonna be suprise that nobody can be behind the spectator who the device is used on. Also since the device is very small I think its really managable. In a venue where this type of routine is presented like on stage or in a casual settings of a stand up performance Im confident to use this and Im not afraid at all of some weird spectator behaviur like they jumping up or turning around.

I never had a spectator ruin my setup with a thread version before (when I used a different device in the past) the only once it happened was absolutely my fault.

Spectro Touch can be performed as it is a complete routine with multiple phases and I don't see the need to add other method(s) here but of course you can do it and it can make the entire performance stronger for sure.

Is it worth?

I have to say I think its cheap for this price. Basically it allow me to do a PK touch routine easier and more surefire than other devices without having the chair and the t****d.

So in my case yes it worth the money by far and I have the freedom to perform it kinda anywhere and have the luxury of the fact that it can be with me and I can do it whenever the situation allow me to do so.

Also personally Iím fully trust Joao and how he stand behinds his products. I know if any guarantee issue occurs there will be no problem he proved it over the years countless times.

There is a Toe Switch which that can be purchased separately for 39.95 USD I just want to mention if, out of the sake of completeness.

Do you need it? Absolutely NO. Spectro Touch easily can be done without this add-on also the programable touch option makes it unnecessary BUT I used in the past one device with a toe switch and it was fine for me so if you have experience with a toe switch and the freedom it gives worth 39.95 USD its a nice option to have, and I think its cool that Joao and his team put the work and effort to think about this option too.

Its only one manís opinion but for me Spectro Touch is a no brainer and I already thinking about how can I use 2 device I think itís something that interesting to brainstorm about for fun.

So for me its a solid 9/10 the instructions crystal clear the gimmick quality is top notch and I have a better flexibility with the routining and execution than before with similar devices.

If you like what Spectro Touch offers just hit the button at your favourite store.

I hope I answered all your questions if you have any questions Im happy to answer just pm me. :)

Spectro Touch on pre-order at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products/spectro-touch-gimmicks-and-online-instructions-by-joao-miranda-and-mario-pierre

Best,
Tom

PS: we got multiple emails asking the weight of the device its only 27 gramms so kinda nothing. :) [/quote]

Thanks for the review.

What about attaching and removing the gimmick from the spectator?

Thanks
^ the most important piece of info.
Isnít it amazing that the most obvious question hasnít been answered. I would definitely take anything from MF Tom with extreme caution.
....The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm....[/quote]

+1, and for that reason, it just did not 'do it' for me...
I love the idea of this one. I, too, just wonder how easy it is to put on and take off? Is it just using some adhesive, and if so would that need replacing?

The second thing I wonder, is about the weight of it. I appreciate not everyone have a scale that weigh it. but it would be nice to know!

All the best,
Dan
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, dyoung wrote:
I love the idea of this one. I, too, just wonder how easy it is to put on and take off? Is it just using some adhesive, and if so would that need replacing?

The second thing I wonder, is about the weight of it. I appreciate not everyone have a scale that weigh it. but it would be nice to know!

All the best,
Dan [/quote]

It is just double sided tape.

Because we managed to make the gimmick super light (27 grams only) it wont come off the spectator back.

Also you remove it by simple telling the spectator to take a bow or if you touch his forehead he removal goes 100% unnoticed. :wavey:
Thanks for the reply!

On the one hand I wish it used hooks, like the coins you can get, because it's SUPER easy to take off and no sound etc. But on the other hand you can also "hurt" someone attaching it :) Difficult balance there.

For any curious english person, that's the weight of two £2 coins and a 1p coin..

//Dan
Thanks for the reply!

On the one hand I wish it used hooks, like the coins you can get, because it's SUPER easy to take off and no sound etc. But on the other hand you can also "hurt" someone attaching it :) Difficult balance there.

For any curious english person, that's the weight of two £2 coins and a 1p coin..

//Dan [/quote]

For the trick to work properly a hook would never work in this case.

A flat surface is needed otherwise there would be the risk of the spectator not feeling the touch, and it could also ruin the clothes I think.
Yeah the hook wouldn't be ideal for many reasons. I suspect that the tape is probably the best solution over all!

//Dan
Yeah the hook wouldn't be ideal for many reasons. I suspect that the tape is probably the best solution over all!

//Dan [/quote]

It is the best solution and the most difficult one to think of due to its simplicity :)
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Aug 28, 2019 04:37AM)
I m really looking forward to get mine. I think if you blindfold the spectator with a long black silk-scarf you solve two problems in one.
first: you seperate the spectator from getting exited and trying to touch his/her upper back.
second: applying and stealing the "thing" is much more easy and motivated, standing behind the person making and releasing the knot of the scarf.
plus: the scarf in your hand makes it easy to hide the "thing" and get clean.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Aug 28, 2019 06:16AM)
I canít help thinking if some people would start grabbing or looking behind them when they unexpectedly feel something ďtouchingĒ their back. Any thoughts on this? (In a dual reality type performance it is clear to the subject that the performer is touching him. So that risk is mitigated, I feel. This seems different. Even when you tell them it will happen, somebody might still instictively react out of scare or curiosity.) I also wonder what their story afterwards to the public will be. I often perform for companies, so they will talk to each other afterwards.
How is the "touch" perceived by the spectator? I hope it is not a "vibration" type of touch...
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Aug 28, 2019 06:23AM)
Thatís exactly what I mean by: what will he tell others?
Can any ďelectronicĒ servo sound be noticed by the espectator?
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:
How is the "touch" perceived by the spectator? I hope it is not a "vibration" type of touch... [/quote]

It is a touch, not a vibration.
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, kiketron wrote:
Can any ďelectronicĒ servo sound be noticed by the espectator? [/quote]

It is not a servo.

It is silent.

You donīt even need background music.
Hi Guys,

Is it worth?

Best,
Tom

PS: we got multiple emails asking the weight of the device its only 27 gramms so kinda nothing. :) [/quote]
What about the hook up and hook off...how safe is it and how easy? Does the spectator need to be wearing a particlar type of clothing?
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
What about the hook up and hook off...how safe is it and how easy? Does the spectator need to be wearing a particlar type of clothing? [/quote]

Have you actually bothered to read even this page?
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I canít help thinking if some people would start grabbing or looking behind them when they unexpectedly feel something ďtouchingĒ their back. Any thoughts on this? (In a dual reality type performance it is clear to the subject that the performer is touching him. So that risk is mitigated, I feel. This seems different. Even when you tell them it will happen, somebody might still instictively react out of scare or curiosity.) I also wonder what their story afterwards to the public will be. I often perform for companies, so they will talk to each other afterwards. [/quote]

I'm surprised that with 20 years of professional performing with national TV appearances etc., that you are not experienced with this type of effect? I thought you would actually have a professional perspective on this? :rotf:

Ok, sorry for being condescending Masked Magician, was not very nice of me.
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
....The thing that disappoints me most is that in this performance he touches his shoulder and his chin and the only thing the spec does is lift his arm....[/quote]

+1, and for that reason, it just did not 'do it' for me... [/quote]

Are there any comments on this issue?

Joao, are you able to tell us whether the spectator may refer to the point where the PK touch happens? So far it seems the PK touch happens where the device has been attached to the back of the spectator and nowhere else, even if the performer touches his shoulder or chin.

Looking forward to reading about this - in my opinion - crucial aspect. Thanks in advance.

Also: double-sided tape doesn't sound all too easy as far as the removal of the device is concerned. I expect the device to be pulling back the shirt, jacket or whatever the spectator wears during the removal process. Also I reckon that pressing the device against the back of the spectator will leave the spectator with the impression that I pressed something solid and quadratic against his or her back. I'd be too afraid that he or she reaches back to examine what that was.

Fingers crossed that all the abovementioned issues are no issues at the end of the day, because the ad sounds too good to be true.

Cheers and many thanks in advance for your feedback on these questions.
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:

Joao, are you able to tell us whether the spectator may refer to the point where the PK touch happens? So far it seems the PK touch happens where the device has been attached to the back of the spectator and nowhere else, even if the performer touches his shoulder or chin.

Looking forward to reading about this - in my opinion - crucial aspect. Thanks in advance.

Also: double-sided tape doesn't sound all too easy as far as the removal of the device is concerned. I expect the device to be pulling back the shirt, jacket or whatever the spectator wears during the removal process. Also I reckon that pressing the device against the back of the spectator will leave the spectator with the impression that I pressed something solid and quadratic against his or her back. I'd be too afraid that he or she reaches back to examine what that was.

Fingers crossed that all the abovementioned issues are no issues at the end of the day, because the ad sounds too good to be true.

Cheers and many thanks in advance for your feedback on these questions. [/quote]

Great questions.

I will try to be as much as detailed as possible.

Regarding what the effect is concerned yes, the spectator feels the touch in one place only. There are several performers buying more than one unit in order to attach them to the spectator in different spots. You can do that since one remote is only paired with one gimmick. It is a "dual reality" happening.
However if you are concerned with the spectator telling anything... they will simply say that "Yes, he touched me".

For that reason I personally think it is overthinking telling that spectator "will tell". I mean, the spectator wont grab a megaphone in the middle of the audience and scream "I just felt the touch at the left side of my back and not on the right so please understand that what the magician did was all fake!". I am of course exaggerating so that my point is more easily understood.

Regarding the removal of the gimmick at the back I can guarantee you 100% from personal experience that the spectator wont feel anything.

By simply touching and asking the spectator to take a bow or (as I explain in the instructions) touching the spectator forehead (as if he was "hypnotized") at the same time that you remove the gimmick it is all you need and they will NOT feel the gimmick being removed at all.

Joao
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:

Great questions.

I will try to be as much as detailed as possible.

Regarding what the effect is concerned yes, the spectator feels the touch in one place only. There are several performers buying more than one unit in order to attach them to the spectator in different spots. You can do that since one remote is only paired with one gimmick. It is a "dual reality" happening.
However if you are concerned with the spectator telling anything... they will simply say that "Yes, he touched me".

For that reason I personally think it is overthinking telling that spectator "will tell". I mean, the spectator wont grab a megaphone in the middle of the audience and scream "I just felt the touch at the left side of my back and not on the right so please understand that what the magician did was all fake!". I am of course exaggerating so that my point is more easily understood.

Regarding the removal of the gimmick at the back I can guarantee you 100% from personal experience that the spectator wont feel anything.

By simply touching and asking the spectator to take a bow or (as I explain in the instructions) touching the spectator forehead (as if he was "hypnotized") at the same time that you remove the gimmick it is all you need and they will NOT feel the gimmick being removed at all.

Joao [/quote]

Thanks a lot for your detailed response, Joao, and congrats on this apparently really thought-out device.

All the best
Michael
Thanks Joao for coming on here and clarifying.

The loading/unloading of the gimmick off the spec seems to be much easier than I originally suspected. I assumed it was a clip at first but it's double sided tape instead...indeed, as you said, the best solutions are often the simplest.

I guess I am running out of excuses to part with $200!
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, pegasus wrote:
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
What about the hook up and hook off...how safe is it and how easy? Does the spectator need to be wearing a particlar type of clothing? [/quote]

Have you actually bothered to read even this page? [/quote]
Sorry..i was scrolling through and missed that part.. My apologies
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:

Cheers and many thanks in advance for your feedback on these questions. [/quote]
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Thanks Joao for coming on here and clarifying.

The loading/unloading of the gimmick off the spec seems to be much easier than I originally suspected. I assumed it was a clip at first but it's double sided tape instead...indeed, as you said, the best solutions are often the simplest.

I guess I am running out of excuses to part with $200! [/quote]

Yeah... me too :)
As regarding feeling the touch always in the same place, just an idea, I would really touch the person in different places once in a while. Or mix some of Rafael D'Angelo's routine
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:
How is the "touch" perceived by the spectator? I hope it is not a "vibration" type of touch... [/quote]

It is a touch, not a vibration. [/quote]

Now THAT is intriguing....
This was performed on me last night and I can tell you that it is delightfully real in every respect as well as being thoroughly deceptive.

It is a very nice item indeed and I fully expect this to garner fantastic reviews once it is more broadly released. The load and retrieval are simple, as are the workings. I'm personally enthusiastic about this as it is something that will go over well in most of today's venues - loud, packed spaces with a DJ in the background where mentalism can otherwise be difficult at times to perform with impact.

Spectro Touch feels just like being tapped by someone's finger. I'm very excited about this and look forward to applying my own creativity to presentations.

Very well done Joao and Pierre!

And I should note that neither of these gentlemen knows me or solicited this response.

This really is an excellent piece of hardware.

All the best,

Atlas
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Aug 28, 2019 12:52PM)
Thanks, Atlas! Your opinion means a lot to me. Might have to pick this up. Already doing an IT version and Midas Touch, bur there Ďs something addictive about expanding options for PK touches.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Aug 28, 2019 01:15PM)
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, RNK wrote:
Ok, sorry for being condescending Masked Magician, was not very nice of me. [/quote]

Ah, there's Baffling Bob. The man that derails threads just to insult others, that openly admits that he likes to put fellow magicians down and that his audience is... "very small" (I wonder why that is....). So... you posting here I take it that both your mom and dad have seen all your tricks and you're bored again? :cheers:
The Prestige 2: RNK vs the Unmasked Magician
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Aug 28, 2019 01:28PM)
If RNK looks like Scarlett Johansson I'm in.
If RNK looks like Scarlett Johansson I'm in. [/quote]

He has a NAME. BOB. Get that right! Because he has a name, and it's BOB, you must of course respect him. Someone else that is known and published implied as much elsewhere. So, respect the BOB.

As an aside, I like this Spector Touch thing. It is most definitely not similar to Christopher Taylor's Real Ghost. I would say from what has been discussed in this thread, it's way better since you don't need anchor the device to a chair or what not to use it. This does seem to suggest that this release is actually incredibly versatile and quite innovative imo.
Can we please keep this on topic?
This seems to be an excellent prop, and Iím sure that there are a lot of us interested in real discussions about it.
Thanks
I wonder If this is the routine used by a mentalist on Fool Us ? He used a mask on the spectator "Brilliant" Folled me badly & Penn & Teller !
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, tophatter wrote:
I wonder If this is the routine used by a mentalist on Fool Us ? He used a mask on the spectator "Brilliant" Folled me badly & Penn & Teller ! [/quote]

I think the routine you're mentioning used at least 3 different methods I believe. :P
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Aug 28, 2019 01:47PM)
The routine you guys are referring to is by Raffaele Scircoli: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Gx0zc0ktc
The routine you guys are referring to is by Raffaele Scircoli: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Gx0zc0ktc [/quote]

The PK routine he released is very bold.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Aug 28, 2019 01:57PM)
Oh yes. It is.
Ok, sorry for being condescending Masked Magician, was not very nice of me. [/quote]

Ah, there's Baffling Bob. The man that derails threads just to insult others, that openly admits that he likes to put fellow magicians down and that his audience is... "very small" (I wonder why that is....). So... you posting here I take it that both your mom and dad have seen all your tricks and you're bored again? :cheers: [/quote]

Just what I thought, another phony calling himself a professional magician along with a discredited lawyer or should I say Liar(s).

Sorry Cafť,I will regress because you know they won't stop without the last word and I'm sorry for derailing the thread.

Bob
There is absolutely zero reason to buy multiple units using a device like this for a typical performer.

This sounds very intriguing though, and Iím considering getting it. But similar to the cobra chair, those who know and use PK will know exactly what to do and the fact that the tap is felt in the exact same spot is absolutely not an issue.
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, tophatter wrote:
I wonder If this is the routine used by a mentalist on Fool Us ? He used a mask on the spectator "Brilliant" Folled me badly & Penn & Teller ! [/quote]

I think the routine you're mentioning used at least 3 different methods I believe. :P [/quote]

Thatís correct and that is precisely why it fooled many people badly. When you mix methods, then you get a much stronger performance.

Ah, there's Baffling Bob. The man that derails threads just to insult others, that openly admits that he likes to put fellow magicians down and that his audience is... "very small" (I wonder why that is....). So... you posting here I take it that both your mom and dad have seen all your tricks and you're bored again? :cheers: [/quote]

Just what I thought, another phony calling himself a professional magician along with a discredited lawyer or should I say Liar(s).

Sorry Cafť,I will regress because you know they won't stop without the last word and I'm sorry for derailing the thread.

Bob [/quote]

Holy cow, I never claimed to be a lawyer (work in the legal industry, never did I claim to be a lawyer, however, everything I've state in the other thread is valid, seeing how it still has not been refuted). Like holy friggin hell. Bob, are you illiterate? It seems that you are. I'm honestly surprised that you're able to post things on here. Perhaps you have a ghost writer. How about you go back and make some more balloon animals for the kids at your kid shows? Seems like your probably much better at that than possessing passable reading comprehension skills. You and your word salad deluxe with a fair amount of projection and a hint of dunning kruger effect.
I like most of Joao's effects, but it's hard for me to buy all of them. I need to somehow make more $$...
I like the sound of this. Or should I say the feel of this? NLP was never my strong point!

I see no issue with the touches being in the same place. I generally perform two real touches... but from those two touches I imply 6 hits in 6 different parts of the body.

That said, I do think multiple devices could be a benefit in some situations... for example to begin performing on two people in the "normal" way (one is touched... the other feels it) and then expand the routine to a third person (new third person is touched and original two spectators now feel it). In my opinion... and imagination... this would make each phase even more impossible and broader in scope. But for this I would need one transmitter activating two devices, one on each of the original volunteers.
[quote]On Aug 28, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
I like most of Joao's effects, but it's hard for me to buy all of them. I need to somehow make more $$... [/quote]

We think this one is at a great price point considering the hours of work we putted into this project.
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Aug 29, 2019 08:43AM)
Youíre telling me.. You have to trust that double-sided tape will hold this item to the back of all clothing, and wonít drop off during performance and fall to the floor? Iím assuming you have to change the tape regularly so that it doesnít lose its stickiness. I also assumed this is fabric tape? Which I wouldnít feel confident trusting.. Can this not be added to a chair or something?
[quote]On Aug 29, 2019, TheDirectionalist wrote:
Youíre telling me.. You have to trust that double-sided tape will hold this item to the back of all clothing, and wonít drop off during performance and fall to the floor? Iím assuming you have to change the tape regularly so that it doesnít lose its stickiness. I also assumed this is fabric tape? Which I wouldnít feel confident trusting.. Can this not be added to a chair or something? [/quote]

That is my biggest concern. It would not heed well if the thing drops to the floor. What effect does the type of clothing and humidity have on the tape? Are tight fitting clothing preferable to loose fitting clothes? Do you hear the sound of the tape coming off the clothing when pulling it off?

I will wait for some honest reviews.

Michael
I can speak about this a little bit.

The tape holds just fine. I believe Diall was the tape being used in this instance and it had gone through about a week's worth of use with no issues. There is about one and a quarter square inch of bearing surface and so there is a good grab. I couldn't feel it attached, so weight was negligible and my shirt was tight at the shoulder. And there is a wax paper like square to cover the tape when not in use.

I honestly think this will be like RD in that it will offer a lot of entertainment and be incredibly useful in close and loud environments.

I don't have a problem with price, but would say that I'm not a fan of the blue light. But I am sure that can be covered over.

All the best,

Atlas
[quote]On Aug 29, 2019, TheDirectionalist wrote:
Youíre telling me.. You have to trust that double-sided tape will hold this item to the back of all clothing, and wonít drop off during performance and fall to the floor? Iím assuming you have to change the tape regularly so that it doesnít lose its stickiness. I also assumed this is fabric tape? Which I wouldnít feel confident trusting.. Can this not be added to a chair or something? [/quote]

Itís always better if you select a spectator that is not wearing a thick fluffy jacket, not because it could fall but because if the fabric is super thick the spectator might not feel the touch.

Isnít that difficult to select a spectator with a shirt I think ;)

I suggest that the tape is changed from show to show.
Is it possible to control the time of the touch ?
I wonder if the device does one short touch or you can control for how long the spectator feels it.

Thanks
Maciek
Any noise??
[quote]On Aug 29, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
Any noise?? [/quote]

No noise.
Blue light??
From an LED on the receiving unit?
I have ordered it and can't wait to receive mine. This is possibly the best PK touch device in the market so far which can do more than one touch routines. I have spent double the price of this device for some other electronic device in the market which does only one touch and its huge in size and had to be hidden under a chair or something. In those terms, Joao has hit it out of the park with this one.
Hi Guys,

Is it worth?

Best,
Tom

I just ordered mine. Just one question, as regarding multiple touches ( 2 or 3 touches ), if the devise is set with a delay, say 5 sec, will there be a delay between each touch?
[quote]On Aug 30, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:

I just ordered mine. Just one question, as regarding multiple touches ( 2 or 3 touches ), if the devise is set with a delay, say 5 sec, will there be a delay between each touch? [/quote]

Good question.

I would still prefer Christopher Taylor's Real Ghost for various reasons. However after the release if 'PSI Power', I make use of PSI Power which IMO is much stronger, smaller, lighter and of course much cheaper. Those who own the PSI Power might like to give it a try and experience it for themselves. My thoughts please. :)

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Aug 30, 2019 10:37AM)
[quote]On Aug 30, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

I would still prefer Christopher Taylor's Real Ghost for various reasons. However after the release if 'PSI Power', I make use of PSI Power which IMO is much stronger, smaller, lighter and of course much cheaper. Those who own the PSI Power might like to give it a try and experience it for themselves. My thoughts please. :)

:xmas: [/quote]

Thanks for the nod, Ustaad. I have no intention to hijack this thread but because Ustaad brought it up, I need to clarify something here: You mention the idea that people might want to try applying my technique (that leaves nothing to clean up after the touch)to devices like PSI Power. I want to mention that the effectiveness of Real Ghost/Geist/Wraith or PSI Power as a PK Touch device depends entirely on a propitiatory principle that took me two years to work out. It is based on a feature of the human brain and skin that, previous to my discovery, was unknown, or at least unpublished. When people buy my version, they acquire access to that secret. They can then apply it to whichever device they want.

Christopher Taylor
[quote]On Aug 30, 2019, Christopher Taylor wrote:

Thanks for the nod, Ustaad. I have no intention to hijack this thread but because Ustaad brought it up, I need to clarify something here: You mention the idea that people might want to try applying my technique (that leaves nothing to clean up after the touch)to devices like PSI Power. I want to mention that the effectiveness of Real Ghost/Geist/Wraith or PSI Power as a PK Touch device depends entirely on a propitiatory principle that took me two years to work out. It is based on a feature of the human brain and skin that, previous to my discovery, was unknown, or at least unpublished. When people buy my version, they acquire access to that secret. They can then apply it to whichever device they want.

Christopher Taylor [/quote]

Thanks Christopher!
[quote]On Aug 29, 2019, Atlas wrote:

The tape holds just fine. I believe Diall was the tape being used in this instance and it had gone through about a week's worth of use with no issues. There is about one and a quarter square inch of bearing surface and so there is a good grab. I couldn't feel it attached, so weight was negligible and my shirt was tight at the shoulder. And there is a wax paper like square to cover the tape when not in use.

I honestly think this will be like RD in that it will offer a lot of entertainment and be incredibly useful in close and loud environments.

I don't have a problem with price, but would say that I'm not a fan of the blue light. But I am sure that can be covered over.

All the best,

Atlas [/quote]

Atlas - thanks for the helpful feedback.

What is THE BLUE LIGHT you are referring to please? An LED on the receiving unit?
[quote]On Aug 30, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Aug 29, 2019, Atlas wrote:

All the best,

Atlas [/quote]

Atlas - thanks for the helpful feedback.

What is THE BLUE LIGHT you are referring to please? An LED on the receiving unit? [/quote]

The blue light is on the remote, NOT on the gimmick that attaches to the spectator.

The blue light is there to confirm that the remote is paired to the gimmick, so the magician can rest assured that everything is like it should be because the remote is always "searching" for the gimmick, so that the effect is as much as reliable as possible.

So its not an issue. If it is for you for some reason, you can cover it.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Aug 30, 2019 02:16PM)
[quote]On Aug 27, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
So what is the difference between this and Christopher Taylor's Real Ghost? [/quote]

Hi: There are significant differences between Real Ghost (the new version is called Geist) and this newer device. Those differences are both mechanical and, even more importantly, in the actual psychology around the approach to PK Touch. As I said, I do not intend to hijack another developer's thread, so I will send you a PM outlining those differences. Cheers.

Christopher
[quote]On Aug 29, 2019, phanindhra wrote:
I have ordered it and can't wait to receive mine. This is possibly the best PK touch device in the market so far which can do more than one touch routines. I have spent double the price of this device for some other electronic device in the market which does only one touch and its huge in size and had to be hidden under a chair or something. In those terms, Joao has hit it out of the park with this one. [/quote]

Thank you for the kind words.

Some really big names are already buying it and I am really happy with the amazing reception that this trick is getting from the community.

I think that this effect is a big step considering some of the other electronic versions available.
I think the most interesting part of all (concerning the technical aspect) is the hook up on the spectator. I wonder that it is not addressed anywhere unless I over read it ... Jan
[quote]On Aug 31, 2019, JanForster wrote:
I think the most interesting part of all (concerning the technical aspect) is the hook up on the spectator. I wonder that it is not addressed anywhere unless I over read it ... Jan [/quote]

You did. Itís DSST.
I think the most interesting part of all (concerning the technical aspect) is the hook up on the spectator. I wonder that it is not addressed anywhere unless I over read it ... Jan [/quote]
🧐Great question Jan. The hookup is key. Both hookup and the cleanup.

Double sided tape.

The easiest and best solution, but also the most difficult to discover due to its simplicity.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 1, 2019 06:48AM)
[quote]On Aug 31, 2019, pegasus wrote:[/quote]
You did. Itís DSST. [/quote]

Just curious, English not being my first language: is that really how you abbreviate it or is that one S too many?
Double sided sticky tape.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 1, 2019 11:52PM)
Ah. Thanks. Funny, ďstickyĒ seems kinda redundant, no? Like: what ekse would tape be?
[quote]On Sep 1, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Ah. Thanks. Funny, ďstickyĒ seems kinda redundant, no? Like: what ekse would tape be? [/quote]
Ticker tape?
8-track tape?
Finish line tape?
Watergate tape?
Cassette tape?
Measuring tape?
Mix tape?
S*x tape?
I should probably stop there.
However after the release if 'PSI Power', I make use of PSI Power which IMO is much stronger, smaller, lighter and of course much cheaper. Those who own the PSI Power might like to give it a try and experience it for themselves. : [/quote]

I ordered Psi Power, am yet to receive it and have no view no the inner workings (but I have strong suspicions) and my guts impression is that you cannot use it for repeated touches because it needs a reset after each move. I would be pleasantly surprised if this was not the case.

I considered buying other electronic versions in the past but they were all more expensive and seemed less practical: you had to bring your own chair or cushion and I didn't want to have to bring that much on my shows so I passed on the effect, using instead cheaper but nonetheless excellent versions which were not involving electronics.

This new device seems extremely promising and bridges a gap between the scope of what I can do with this plot and my personal requirements and I have already developed a presentation which almost prevents backtracking of the DR concept.
I have been wanting to order it so many times already but as always will wait for a real review (although I am almost sure that this will make no difference with my final opinion this time :) )
[quote]On Sep 2, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
[quote]On Sep 1, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Ah. Thanks. Funny, ďstickyĒ seems kinda redundant, no? Like: what ekse would tape be? [/quote]
Ticker tape?
8-track tape?
Finish line tape?
Watergate tape?
Cassette tape?
Measuring tape?
Mix tape?
S*x tape?
I should probably stop there. [/quote]

Thanks Andrew. Sometimes I canít be bothered to educate people.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 2, 2019 07:41AM)
:lol: my point was that every tape is sticky ...
Hello Joao,

I wanted to ask you where are the tutorial video of the street performances we get to see in the trailer? I was extremely curious to learn about different clothes how the magician attached the gimmick and performed. For me the full performance is a little to slowly and doesnīt really fit my stile. It would be great to get a video tutorial with the trailer performances as well, that could help me a lot. Thanks in advance
Hi friends

I have asked for mine waiting to receive it to see operation and handling
Great review from WPR! https://youtu.be/_n0CNTt822c?t=153
2x 100% from the Wizard Product Review. Congrats!
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 4, 2019 07:21AM)
Thanks for sharing. Great to see their enthousiasm. I canít believe they actually liked the performance, though. I really feel that was way too slow, one-dimensional and from a dramatic standpoint just plain boring. Looking forward to hear more reviews!
Any early adopters experiencing issues? I received my unit yesterday and I have 2 issues. 1. There is a noticible clonking sound that would prevent you from preforming this in a quite environment. You can clearly hear it with the tap. Also, sporadically the unit will will do multiple thumps some times on start up, meaning that you could go to start your routine and the unit will swing back forth 3 or 4 times, clearly giving away that there is a device attached. Thoughts from those that have the device?
[quote]On Sep 4, 2019, Juno-How wrote:
Any early adopters experiencing issues? I received my unit yesterday and I have 2 issues. 1. There is a noticible clonking sound that would prevent you from preforming this in a quite environment. You can clearly hear it with the tap. Also, sporadically the unit will will do multiple thumps some times on start up, meaning that you could go to start your routine and the unit will swing back forth 3 or 4 times, clearly giving away that there is a device attached. Thoughts from those that have the device? [/quote]

You need to make sure to charge the unit. That is why we included a red paper with a warning that says that the batteries needs to be charged.

The gimmick only makes noise if you donít place it at the back in the right place.

But since the gimmick is meant to be touching the fabric you wonít hear anything when performing.

If for some reason you have any question or issue you can reach my team directly at orders@joaomiranda.com
[quote]On Sep 4, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
[quote]On Sep 4, 2019, Juno-How wrote:
Any early adopters experiencing issues? I received my unit yesterday and I have 2 issues. 1. There is a noticible clonking sound that would prevent you from preforming this in a quite environment. You can clearly hear it with the tap. Also, sporadically the unit will will do multiple thumps some times on start up, meaning that you could go to start your routine and the unit will swing back forth 3 or 4 times, clearly giving away that there is a device attached. Thoughts from those that have the device? [/quote]

You need to make sure to charge the unit. That is why we included a red paper with a warning that says that the batteries needs to be charged.

The gimmick only makes noise if you donít place it at the back in the right place.

But since the gimmick is meant to be touching the fabric you wonít hear anything when performing.

If for some reason you have any question or issue you can reach my team directly at orders@joaomiranda.com [/quote]

Thanks - I had taken note of the leaflet and everything is fully charged and placed correctly. Will email the team. Thanks

If for some reason you have any question or issue you can reach my team directly at orders@joaomiranda.com [/quote]

Just received my unit.... looks very good. Only concern so far is that when charging, the LED indicator on the transmitter seems to behave differently to the way described in the video instructions.... anyone else experienced this? I've emailed the address Joao posted above, looking forward to a reply.... hopefully just me being stupid and not an issue!
[quote]On Sep 4, 2019, Yorkshire Pudding wrote:

Just received my unit.... looks very good. Only concern so far is that when charging, the LED indicator on the transmitter seems to behave differently to the way described in the video instructions.... anyone else experienced this? I've emailed the address Joao posted above, looking forward to a reply.... hopefully just me being stupid and not an issue! [/quote]

Here is a video I sent you by email.

Hope this clears things up.

[youtube]eCViZ6ili0M[/youtube]
[quote]On Sep 4, 2019, Yorkshire Pudding wrote:

Just received my unit.... looks very good. Only concern so far is that when charging, the LED indicator on the transmitter seems to behave differently to the way described in the video instructions.... anyone else experienced this? I've emailed the address Joao posted above, looking forward to a reply.... hopefully just me being stupid and not an issue! [/quote]

Very quick response to my emailed request for help (response received in just around five minutes)... it wasn't an issue at all, they sent me another short video explaining the charging process in a little more detail and all's clear and good now. Very fast and helpful service.... Thanks Joao and team!
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 4, 2019 08:24AM)
BTW dear Cafť Members, Iíve been the subject in this and several other threads of accusations by RNK of being a fake. In this thread he posted:

I'm surprised that with 20 years of professional performing with national TV appearances etc., that you are not experienced with this type of effect? I thought you would actually have a professional perspective on this? :rotf:

I decided itís time to set the record straight.

The reason Iíve not been willing to reveal my full identity is exactly because of the kind of hate RNK is displaying. I simply donít want stuff like that any closer in my life. ButÖ I also worry that RNKís lies are going to get in the way of contact with people here that I value. Because he is trying to create suspicion around me. So I would like to somehow reassure the -many- people here that I enjoy talking to that I am not a fake. SoÖ I asked a fellow professional performer that knows me very well to vouch for my resume. (By that I mean being a full-time pro, a popular corporate performer and having appeared on national TV a number of times.) Itís mentalist Timon Krause. The guy who currently enjoys a whirlwind of success after the ridiculously fast sell-out of his wonderful book on his Which Hand routine. So thereís that.

Please continue talking on topic.
I guess RNK can wait for Timon to pop on this thread to verify that, right?
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 4, 2019 08:35AM)
I decided to put this on the latest threads RNK posted about me. "Cause I want this to be clear. I asked Timon to post in the FU2 thread, I'm not going to ask him to post it in all the threads.
He hasn't posted anything in 30 days. And he hasn't posted his verification in the thread you mention...
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 4, 2019 10:04AM)
Don't worry. I spoke to him yesterday evening. He's a busy dude. He performs, lectures and studies philosophy. (Next week a lecture in Singapore, that kind of stuff.)
Anyone have any first hand experience with the unit? Would you share your thoughts? I'm on the edge on this one.
Looks like theyíre coming in thick and fast.
Played around with the gimmick recently. WOW. The taps, the FEEL of the taps are incredible in that it feels like what a solid tap should feel like. The participant will have no doubt in their mind that someone is tapping them. The device is also very well made (at least it appeared to be) and very professionally put together. I'm very impressed by this device (no, I do not currently own it). Superb job by Joao and team.

As for the double sided taped inquiries. It appears to be high quality 3M double sided mounting tape. Should adhere to most fabrics well and should be pretty easy to remove.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 4, 2019 02:26PM)
Sounds very good.
Just received mine. Looks and feels great. Although have not tried it in a real performance yet, I like to practice a solid routine before performing. Instructions are very clear. One thing I would have liked though is to have multiple touches in the delay mode. Multiple touches can only be done without the delay.
I took this out to a residency last night. It will take a few weeks to get it to a stage that it is smooth and faultless but the unit itself is one of the best built electronic items I have come across. Operating was simple and I didn't feel the need for a t-switch at all. I did run into a few issues which I hope will eventually iron out and no doubt I can write more about my findings using this in close up situations but so far, I think it is a great bit of kit and I'm incredibly happy to add it to my PK Touch repertoire!

Jamie Daws
[quote]On Aug 30, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:

I just ordered mine. [b]Just one question, as regarding multiple touches ( 2 or 3 touches ), if the devise is set with a delay, say 5 sec, will there be a delay between each touch?[/b] [/quote]

The above query was raised and nobody (including the creator) cared to answer, but that's OK. :) And now we get the answer . . .

[quote]On Sep 6, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:

[b]One thing I would have liked though is to have multiple touches in the delay mode. Multiple touches can only be done without the delay.[/b] [/quote]

Thank you bigfoot007.

[quote]On Sep 6, 2019, JamieD wrote:

[b]I did run into a few issues which I hope will eventually iron out and no doubt I can write more about my findings using this in close up situations[/b] but so far, I think it is a great bit of kit and I'm incredibly happy to add it to my PK Touch repertoire!
[/quote]

Love to know/learn more about your findings Jamie. :)

My order is in. Iíll post my thoughts when it gets here.
Just received mine

can you please confirm if the element with the blue LED vibrates every time it is press?

Maybe I am too cautious?

but you couldn't hear the vibration in close up and silent situations

Diego
[quote]On Sep 2, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
:lol: my point was that every tape is sticky ... [/quote]
Yet none of the tapes I listed are sticky, with the possible exception of the last one in certain circumstances. If you had argued that the ďdouble-sidedĒ part of dsst was unnecessary, that would have been a stronger argument. I would have to call on the topological curiosities of Mobius to refute that one. In any case, calling something ďdouble sided sticky tapeĒ is neither redundant nor tautological (although that last sentence might be!).
Back on topic, there is a great review of this in the latest Wizard Product Review where they rate it 100%.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 7, 2019 03:13AM)
No mercy for a guy whose first language is a very different form of Indo-European... Thankfully I can point out that your last sentence contains a sort of tautology, as the content had been mentioned elsewhere in this thread. Phew 😅. Hanging in there. Keep Ďem coming. I learn at least three new words and two new concepts every time you write a post. 😄
[quote]On Sep 7, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
[quote]On Sep 2, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
:lol: my point was that every tape is sticky ... [/quote]
Yet none of the tapes I listed are sticky, with the possible exception of the last one in certain circumstances. If you had argued that the ďdouble-sidedĒ part of dsst was unnecessary, that would have been a stronger argument. I would have to call on the topological curiosities of Mobius to refute that one. In any case, calling something ďdouble sided sticky tapeĒ is neither redundant nor tautological (although that last sentence might be!).
Back on topic, there is a great review of this in the latest Wizard Product Review where they rate it 100%. [/quote]

Thanks again Andrew. Lol. DSST it is then. Settled.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 7, 2019 04:29AM)
I am considering requesting a second opinion by a linguistic expert and have him hold court in Oosterbeek.
[quote]On Sep 6, 2019, JamieD wrote:

[b]I did run into a few issues which I hope will eventually iron out and no doubt I can write more about my findings using this in close up situations[/b] but so far, I think it is a great bit of kit and I'm incredibly happy to add it to my PK Touch repertoire!
[/quote]

Love to know/learn more about your findings Jamie. :)

So my findings thus far are, (and please bare in mind, these are only my findings from one gig and others may find things differently) I already have an extensive PK touches routine with many combining methods which build to a climax. Some are my methods and some belong to others. So, Spectro Touch seems like a perfect addition to my collection! I could see a lot of great advantages with this but had my worries when it comes to using it in a close up situation. However, to my surprise, it was very easy to use in the restaurant/pub environment. A few unexpected factors helped! Firstly, low lighting and the way the gimmick has been coated in a black art style fabric really helps hide the gimmick. I am quite a 'ballsy' performer and love to test my limits to decided to see if anyone would notice if I placed it on someone with their back towards other tables. No one seemed to notice. Im not sure I would do this all of the time and it was more for my interest but, perhaps, because of the black art and the fact people aren't looking for it meant it couldn't be seen? Either way, positioning audience members was easy, I simply asked them to either pull their chair back slightly so everyone else was in-front of them or perhaps made sure they had their back was against a wall with no one behind. It was even easier in the bar section of the restaurant where people were generally on their feet and I could position them easier!

Another interesting thing is, some people had hooded tops. This meant, I could place it under the hood of their top and it would be hidden from all angles. Granted, there were only 2 people I could do this on but it was a nice surprise!

Another great moment I haven't had with other methods is, spectators more than once said something like "I could hear you over there when I was feeling it, so who was touching me?". This is a great moment in my eyes and confirms for me, they are under no doubts that it was an actual person tapping them.

However, the main issue I had with the unit, and whilst it is annoying, it doesn't mean it can't be an easy fix but, the tape, from the very first spectator didn't hold very well. I changed it after every 2 spectators, 3 times it fell off, thankfully the chairs have high backs and it fell onto the ledge of the chair back. So, I have ordered a ton of different tapes and sticky pads to see which is most effective. I have been using these reusable sticky pads with my Scorpion for a while, they stay forever sticky, when they get dirty you just wipe them and they become sticky again. I've found these in tape form which I'm going to try next but they are very strong and for a strolling situation, this could be a great alternative.

I think the real strength in this product is, it affords a versatility that other methods don't offer. Being truly hands off and being adaptable to many different situations really is cool. Many know, I love my bizarre magic and I have come up with a great PK Touches bizarre effect in which photos are passed from had to hand with their eyes closed, they stop when they 'feel' something. When asked why they stopped on that particular photo they say because I tapped them. Everyone else confirms I was in-fact no where near them and no one touched them. When they open the envelope that has been on the table the entire time, it is the same photo as the one they stopped at. A bizarre effect not achievable with other methods but feels really spooky and very hands off.

Also, those looking for a spirit tapper, I think this could be the ultimate method. Placed under a table, call out to the spirits to reply with taps. (Joao recommends not doing this on a hard service so I would recommend a pad of sponge for the hammer to hit. It would also dampen the sound which would help disguise where it is coming from) Now the spirits can reply! Baring in mind spirit bells are 2-3 times the cost of this, this could be a great alternative.

I have high hopes for this as a product and I cant wait to explore with it more. I really recommend adding it to your Pk repertoire if you're a fan of touches style routines!

Jamie Daws
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 7, 2019 05:51AM)
That is a great review, Jamie. Thanks.
What about noise? heard there is quiet a loud "clicking sound" when it get activated? can anyone comment on this?
Always happy to help where I can Unmasked! :D

Simon, no issue with sound at all. I think in a normal environment, there would be no issue. Also, the spectator is generally separate from the group so the group wouldn't here. If the spectator hears, how is she to know what it is? It could be anything and even could just bee the natural noises that comes from tapping someone. Finally, we know what we are listening and looking for, they don't. If you don't draw attention to it, I cant imagine anyone would even realise. Think about a ticking clock. It is only until you try to hear it, you begin to hear it. Otherwise, it fades into your subconscious!

Jamie Daws
[quote]On Sep 7, 2019, JamieD wrote:

Simon, no issue with sound at all. I think in a normal environment, there would be no issue. Also, the spectator is generally separate from the group so the group wouldn't here. If the spectator hears, how is she to know what it is? It could be anything and even could just bee the natural noises that comes from tapping someone. Finally, we know what we are listening and looking for, they don't. If you don't draw attention to it, I cant imagine anyone would even realise. Think about a ticking clock. It is only until you try to hear it, you begin to hear it. Otherwise, it fades into your subconscious!

Jamie Daws [/quote]

so the answer is you can hear the click sound when it snaps, correct?
[quote]On Sep 7, 2019, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
[quote]On Sep 7, 2019, JamieD wrote:

Jamie Daws [/quote]

so the answer is you can hear the click sound when it snaps, correct? [/quote]

Tap yourself with your finger at the back.

Did it?

That is the sound the unit makes.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 7, 2019 08:25AM)
Are you sure you want to share this on a public forum, Joao? Now everybody can deduct you recorded the sound of a tapping finger, put an MP3 player in the device and added a loudspeaker...
Hi Jamie,

Thank you so much for the tried-n-tested findings. And also for detailing other alternate uses possible with the Spectro gizmo. With such gizmos, there are always pros-n-cons. And it is upon us to make the best use of the 'Pros' and find solutions for the 'Cons'. [b]Over all I find your review (sort of :)) to be a very encouraging and positive one.[/b]

I am awaiting my Spectro gizmo to arrive. I have a few thoughts & ideas in mind to check and test. I will revert back with my thoughts & findings.

Best regards,

Narendra

Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 7, 2019 08:40AM)
Looking forward to your thoughts as well, Narendra!
Regarding the bizzare photo stop idea by Jamie Daws.
Sean Hayden was mentioning that stop application in the latest wizard product review on 4th of september.
Thank you for sharing it Sean!
I received this too recently.

The tech is great so far. Both the instant and programmable/delay touches work very reliably.

And you CAN repeat touches in both the instant and delay mode. If in the delay mode..the touch will just be delayed again. As expected.

My biggest concern was attaching the unit to the spec. When I learned it was DSST I thought, OK, that should work if the unit is light enough and the tape nice and sticky. Now, While the device is light...it is not light as a feather. And the tape was definitely not that sticky. So in my very first practice attempt, it fell right off the wife (thankfully on a soft carpet).

Which is kind of annoying because in the video, Joao assures us that it is virtually "impossible" for the unit to detach from a spec. Like Jamie D noted, however, the tape they used was super weak so I'm going to have to try others (and they only include the one piece installed on the unit). And as mentioned, needs to be replaced basically after one use.

Anyway, Looks like Jamie is experimenting with several types of tape so I'll be anxiously awaiting his professional opinion on which is best.

So at the moment, my excitement for this has been diminished by the lack of confidence I have in it attaching properly to the spec. But again, I am hopeful, like Jamie, that it is a simple solution and just a matter of using the right tape.

If that doesn't help, and it becomes too cumbersome to have to constantly replace tape, then I will most likely take my wife's advice and sell this kit.

Not that it can't still be useful for stage, parlor or other situations where you know you are going to use it in advance and you just prep it for the one instance...for me, however, I would only use this casually for impromptu/close up situations so if the tape will constantly lose adhesion just sitting in my pocket, then it won't be useful for my needs.

Consider me cautiously optimistic.
Sadly, at a gig last night, the worse case scenario happened. The tape gave way and it fell onto the floor. Thankfully, it was dark so no one saw and she didn't feel it fall off however, it fell on the arm of the device and the arm snapped off. Rendering it rather useless! This was using the tape mentioned and it was indeed the first time the tape was used. The clothing was a standard cotton style dress and nothing particularly 'different'. I have spoken to Joaos team and they have offered to fix the unit if sent to them which is great. Very sad it happened in all honesty because I was really enjoying experimenting and working it in but, I guess it is part of using this kind of method! This being said, Im not ready to give up on it because it really is a great product and if this little snag is overcome, it is a beautiful solution to this effect!

Jamie Daws
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 8, 2019 04:58PM)
That was very insightful. Thanks for sharing, P3d. Keeping fingers crossed you will find much better DSST. Or DST, as it should be called, really.
Hi,

It is very strange that the tape was weak like you said. Perhaps you tested it before on you? Or it was tested before you got it?

The reason I say this itís because I have been using this tape for a long time now (as well as Pierre) and it never, at anytime, fell. And we tested all sort of cloth materials imaginable.

About the tape losing adhesion in the pocket as I clearly mention in the explanation video it should stick in the belt (like Pierre does originally), to avoid the tape not sticking well afterwards. You still can place it in your pocket but make sure the gimmick does not dance around inside.
The tape was the tape recommended, it was the first time the tape was used and a suitable amount of pressure was applied and, during the 'conditioning' stage where I ask if they can 'feel me tap them', I double checked the unit was well stuck. I guess it is the fact the arm is pushing against the persons back and essentially, pushing the unit forward. I'm not sure what went wrong but please don't think I am being down on the product. I think it is fantastic and a brilliantly produced piece of kit. It its just about exploring the best solutions to adhere it. Which, I'm sure, performers using it will work together to work out! Just disappointing as I was enjoying using it and only after two performances for it to be out of action does suck. But once again, Joao's team have been great in dealing with the issue thus far.

Jamie Daws
[quote]On Sep 8, 2019, JamieD wrote:
Sadly, at a gig last night, the worse case scenario happened. The tape gave way and it fell onto the floor. Thankfully, it was dark so no one saw and she didn't feel it fall off however, it fell on the arm of the device and the arm snapped off. Rendering it rather useless! This was using the tape mentioned and it was indeed the first time the tape was used. The clothing was a standard cotton style dress and nothing particularly 'different'. I have spoken to Joaos team and they have offered to fix the unit if sent to them which is great. Very sad it happened in all honesty because I was really enjoying experimenting and working it in but, I guess it is part of using this kind of method! This being said, Im not ready to give up on it because it really is a great product and if this little snag is overcome, it is a beautiful solution to this effect!

Jamie Daws [/quote]

Yikes.

Lets be clear that regardless of the tape used, realistically it might adhere to different types of fabric differently (?) - some better than others. That's common sense. So might be wise to be prepared or to make sure you choose your spec prior by looking over their clothing? Leather jacket? Wool? Cotton T shirt?

To say one size/tape "fits all" probably isn't the best route. Such is the nature of tape and adhesives? Narendra might have some thoughts. This feedback concerns me - I will wait for more before plunging in.
[quote]On Sep 8, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Hi,

It is very strange that the tape was weak like you said. Perhaps you tested it before on you? Or it was tested before you got it?

The reason I say this itís because I have been using this tape for a long time now (as well as Pierre) and it never, at anytime, fell. And we tested all sort of cloth materials imaginable.

About the tape losing adhesion in the pocket as I clearly mention in the explanation video it should stick in the belt (like Pierre does originally), to avoid the tape not sticking well afterwards. You still can place it in your pocket but make sure the gimmick does not dance around inside. [/quote]

Yes, the video shows you sticking it to the belt...but with the default tape, which I have since removed as it lost stickiness immediately, there is no way I would confidently walk around with it on my belt. It would fall off. Again, it didn't even stick on the spec in my first practice run.

I'll be honest, it sucks when something doesn't work properly out of the box with the default materials (and very little explanation on optimal alternative tape). So now I have to spend more time, energy and money figuring out a hack/alternative. It tests my patience and confidence with the item.

That said, I am hopeful something like the below may work well?
https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Heavy-Double-Mounting-Inches/dp/B019HT1U9E/ref=asc_df_B019HT1U9E/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167121201241&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5294364535146213490&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031188&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-311820756231&psc=1
It could be a good solution

Please if you test it result
I tried fitted carpet edge dsst. Very sticky! It is also designed to stick to fabric.
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
I tried fitted carpet edge dsst. Very sticky! It is also designed to stick to fabric. [/quote]

I don't have this effect but reading the problem of the receiver being adhered by tape to the spectator and solutions of stronger tape suggested -you would have to be very wary of tapes for carpets, rugs etc - these are usually designed to be semi-permanent and from experience leave residue behind and require significant force to remove. They could very easily cause damage to clothing when removed. You don't want a bill to replace a $300 dress!!
Maybe this will help.

https://www.toolsfreak.com/best-double-sided-tape/
Guys I spoke with Joao about an idea that will probably solve this issue, I can't say much as he need to check if this thing will be possible to make, but I am sure that will be a good alternative for the people that have issue using the tape (which btw it works for most people, so probably is matter of find the right one)
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, lucavolpe wrote:
Guys I spoke with Joao about an idea that will probably solve this issue, I can't say much as he need to check if this thing will be possible to make, but I am sure that will be a good alternative for the people that have issue using the tape (which btw it works for most people, so probably is matter of find the right one) [/quote]

Awesome! I've ordered my unit but have been nervous given the recent issue.
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
Guys I spoke with Joao about an idea that will probably solve this issue, I can't say much as he need to check if this thing will be possible to make, but I am sure that will be a good alternative for the people that have issue using the tape (which btw it works for most people, so probably is matter of find the right one) [/quote]

Awesome! I've ordered my unit but have been nervous given the recent issue. [/quote]

I just made a extra video about this as proof that the unit does not fall if instructions are followed.

Check here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/355470724812004/?ref=group_header&view=group

I just don't place it here because it is a public forum.
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Sep 9, 2019 01:08PM)
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Sep 8, 2019, JamieD wrote:

Jamie Daws [/quote]

Yikes.

Lets be clear that regardless of the tape used, realistically it might adhere to different types of fabric differently (?) - some better than others. That's common sense. So might be wise to be prepared or to make sure you choose your spec prior by looking over their clothing? Leather jacket? Wool? Cotton T shirt?

To say one size/tape "fits all" probably isn't the best route. Such is the nature of tape and adhesives? Narendra might have some thoughts. This feedback concerns me - I will wait for more before plunging in. [/quote]

that's what I m thinking too. I definitely want to try this double tape you use for fixing carpets on the ground (in german we call it "teppichklebeband"). like this kind:
https://www.amazon.de/tesa-doppelseitiges-Verlegeband-extra-klebend/dp/B000QB6HFU/
there are existing very sticky ones and they are made for sticking on fabrics. even if it would remain sticking on the cloth after removing the gimmick, in the noise off the applause one should be able to zip it off.

beside that I m playing with a second idea: to fix the gimmick to the end of a black scarf (because anyhow I think it s a must to blindfold and isolate the person) and than tape it to the person.
like this the gimmick in worst case could lose contact, but never fall. and if (but I do not know why) the person would turn around the scarf would give a cover to the gimmick...
experimenting will show...
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:

Awesome! I've ordered my unit but have been nervous given the recent issue. [/quote]

I just made a extra video about this as proof that the unit does not fall if instructions are followed.

Check here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/355470724812004/?ref=group_header&view=group

I just don't place it here because it is a public forum. [/quote]

Nice..way to invalidate the issue some here, like myself, are having. Rather than try to work the problem/troubleshoot/offer up some alternate solutions, you'd rather PROVE that it is fine as is.

Your video proves nothing. The instruction video had it sticking to your belt, the specs back no problem. Great! But, good luck doing that in the real world....I would never feel confident doing that with the one piece of default tape you so generously provided. I wish this wasn't the case but since I have received the item, it is currently unusable until I figure out a better solution.

I post this in a public forum because the one hurdle I had before purchasing this was how this was going to stick to a spec. I was assured, in a public forum, it was not a problem. So I purchased. Only to realize, it is an issue.

You can't have it both ways..use a public forum to promote a product and then retreat to a FB page once issues pop up.
I'd just use a staple gun and call it good
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, lunatik wrote:

I'd just use a staple gun and call it good [/quote]

:bg:

BTW, as I understand this prop, one isn't limited to use the prop for just the effect it has been designed for. IMO this is a very versatile prop and its tapping facility can be put to various other magic effects (like seance effects). Imagination will be your only limiting factor. More when I receive my unit. :)

This PK touch blindfold has no issues sticking to clothing. More expensive but an alternative solution nonetheless https://www.master-miracles.com/products/intuito-pk-touch/
I must admit, and I promise, I am not one for magic arguments but I do feel a little bit frustrated that I am essentially being called a liar. On the facebook post, it is mentioned that it won't fall off a long as you follow the instructions as mentioned... which is what I did. I have never been fond of magic companies that don't listen to their customers and realise that perhaps there is an issue. Notice, no one has said anything bad about the product in anyway, in fact, the praise is quite evident! We are also all working together to find a solution, not to ignore that it is an issue. It is a shame that it seems to be going in this direction.

Jamie Daws
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 9, 2019 03:34PM)
Iím with Jamie and Pend3d. It worries me that their very kindly worded questions are being treated as THEIR problems, while there is clearly a problem in the construction and use of the gimmick. In my opinion a creator shows his true colors when situations like this occur, so I hope Joao can solve this, step up his game and help these customers that paid serious money and put faith in him and his product. If he does, Iím in. If he doesnít, Iím out.
Does gorilla tape not work ,I use this to stick my cushions down in my rattan furniture and they never move all year round resist all wind weathers etc
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, gassaox wrote:
Does gorilla tape not work ,I use this to stick my cushions down in my rattan furniture and they never move all year round resist all wind weathers etc [/quote]

But does someone want it stuck to their dress?
Lol maybe not ,just use the old fashioned clothes peg stick a magnet on your gimmick and peg and clothes peg your spectator 😉
Very nice prop. So clever
I don't have the product yet but there is a tape available from car parts shops in the UK that's double sided. Its used for fitting car trims on doors and panels etc. It's very strong and I think it maybe worth trying with this product.
I may be wrong and probably am, but if one uses a REALLY strong tape, do you risk it pulling on the clothes pretty hard before it releases to where they would wonder why youíre pulling on their shirt? Just thinking out loud,
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 10, 2019 01:17AM)
Thatís easily solved. Use an attractive assistant. Nobody minds watching you pull hard on the clothes of a really attractive assistant.
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, M.Paul wrote:
I don't have the product yet but there is a tape available from car parts shops in the UK that's double sided. Its used for fitting car trims on doors and panels etc. It's very strong and I think it maybe worth trying with this product. [/quote]

If it us strong enough to hold car trims securely what force will be needed to remove it from clothing and what danage to the clothing is likely?
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 10, 2019 01:28AM)
Ok. Use a stripper as an assistant and offer her a big tip so she can buy new clothes. Problem solved.
It seems that the issue of putting the trick on the spectator is complicated and having the confidence that it does not end up falling to the ground, in the end I think it will be a matter of trying resistant double-sided tape and that do not leave residues in the clothes
Miranda's response is similar to one I received recently on another product of his that I own, astonishing bottle. Purchased directly from him, I put water in the gimmick but it wasn't dark enough and didn't pass as coke, so I reached out for advice and was told to use some cold coffee. Works perfectly, however, now a month later there is mold inside the bottle. Reached out to see what his advice was and was met with a "i've sold thousands of bottles and no one else had this issue so your problem must because of something else"..... even though I did exactly as he described. Don't expect any help if your tape fails as I'm no confident in the responses I've received and from what others have posted.
This gimmick does look great but, If you have to worry about looking for the clothes someone is wearing and also fear of it falling off and also having to take the gimmick back off? Has anybody performed with this yet? How did it go? Any noise issues?
[quote]On Sep 10, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Miranda's response is similar to one I received recently on another product of his that I own, astonishing bottle. Purchased directly from him, I put water in the gimmick but it wasn't dark enough and didn't pass as coke, so I reached out for advice and was told to use some cold coffee. Works perfectly, however, now a month later there is mold inside the bottle. Reached out to see what his advice was and was met with a "i've sold thousands of bottles and no one else had this issue so your problem must because of something else"..... even though I did exactly as he described. Don't expect any help if your tape fails as I'm no confident in the responses I've received and from what others have posted. [/quote]

Three days ago you told us you would send images of the bottle.

You did not sent them.

We always do our very best to help our customers but we need help to understand any issue that can occur.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
[quote]On Sep 10, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Miranda's response is similar to one I received recently on another product of his that I own, astonishing bottle. Purchased directly from him, I put water in the gimmick but it wasn't dark enough and didn't pass as coke, so I reached out for advice and was told to use some cold coffee. Works perfectly, however, now a month later there is mold inside the bottle. Reached out to see what his advice was and was met with a "i've sold thousands of bottles and no one else had this issue so your problem must because of something else"..... even though I did exactly as he described. Don't expect any help if your tape fails as I'm no confident in the responses I've received and from what others have posted. [/quote]

Three days ago you told us you would send images of the bottle.

You did not sent them.

We always do our very best to help our customers but we need help to understand any issue that can occur. [/quote]

I did send them however perhaps they didnít go through. Iíll resend them later this evening. I donít feel like I misrepresented your response as you never even asked for pictures, I offered them after receiving the response I relayed above. However, my point wasnít to go off topic in this thread so iíll just keep chatting specifically with you through the email thread so we donít detract.

I will say that other than the sticking issues, ive heard nothing but good things about this unit and iím excited to receive mine shortly.
Also, has any tried using toupee tape? I've used this for a bunch of things and it is very sticky, resists un sticking due to liquid. etc. May be a good option
OK, here is my take on the tape business. I used a small plastic almost square box and loaded it with approximate weight of the Spectro (I have yet to receive the Spectro). I used Scotch Double-Sided Tape 3/4" (wide).

Cut the tape 1.5 inches extra than the height of the box. Stick the tape to the back of the box and the remainder 1.5 inch tape is stuck to the shirt (thus letting the box as though it is dangling). Now stick the box also to the shirt. The trick is to first stick the extra 1.5 inch length of the tape to the shirt and then press the box and stick the box to the shirt in place. And Waala, the box remains in place as long as one want it to. :) Also it is very easy to peel off the box. First peel the box and along with it, with an upward movement, the extra tape. This can be done in a fraction of a moment. No special tape with strong glue is needed.

Hope the above makes sense. Give it a try and experience it for yourself. ;)

Enjoy! :)

[quote]On Sep 11, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
OK, here is my take on the tape business. I used a small plastic almost square box and loaded it with approximate weight of the Spectro (I have yet to receive the Spectro). I used Scotch Double-Sided Tape 3/4" (wide).

Cut the tape 1.5 inches extra than the height of the box. Stick the tape to the back of the box and the remainder 1.5 inch tape is stuck to the shirt (thus letting the box as though it is dangling). Now stick the box also to the shirt. The trick is to first stick the extra 1.5 inch length of the tape to the shirt and then press the box and stick the box to the shirt in place. And Waala, the box remains in place as long as one want it to. :) Also it is very easy to peel off the box. First peel the box and along with it, with an upward movement, the extra tape. This can be done in a fraction of a moment. No special tape with strong glue is needed.

Hope the above makes sense. Give it a try and experience it for yourself. ;)

Thanks Ustaad!
What types of fabrics did you try this with?
I guess you also need to consider the movement of the gimmick when the "touch" occurs as this perhaps puts additional strain on the tape.
I look forward to your experience when you receive the gimmick itself.
Andrew
I do not have this but am almost there, however the attaching problem is a concern. Is it possible to use hook or hooks as in the old vanishing coin?
I tried Scotch brand "Extremely Strong" 12 lb Mounting Strips and it seems to hold up. The same strip seems to do the trick too after a few practice runs. It will need replacing eventually but good to know it doesn't have to be after every single use.

Should note, that no matter what tape is used, you can't just casually/lightly put it on a spec. A pretty firm press is needed either way... but it is covered in the action of guiding them in to position or putting them in the trance, etc.

While I am not thrilled with the manner Joao handled the adhesion issue, the actual gimmick is pretty cool. That said, I'm not sure I am bold enough to use this for the casual/impromptu situations I was thinking. In the right hands though, I suspect this could be quite a powerful tool.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 11, 2019 12:51PM)
Thanks for sharing, P3d. That's good to know. I think it's a shame Joao doesn't step forward with suggestions to help with the adhesives. You and Jamie clearly stated your problems. Glad to see you kind of found a solution.
[quote]On Sep 11, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Thanks for sharing, P3d. That's good to know. I think it's a shame Joao doesn't step forward with suggestions to help with the adhesives. You and Jamie clearly stated your problems. Glad to see you kind of found a solution. [/quote]

We are working on a new video about this subject in particular.

The video will be added to the current instructional video and to my Facebook group.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 11, 2019 01:27PM)
Ah. There you go. Thanks for letting us know. (Looking forward to hear the reactions. I'm still on the fence.)
Thanks a lot!!
I'm sure the solution is imminent
Hooks?
Not sure about hooks Philippe. I guess you could figure out a way to attach a hook on the unit but I wouldn't know how. I do suspect that you need the device firmly attached to the spec (with the tape) vs dangling more loosely on a hook. Otherwise, there is a chance that the touch may not make contact? Just speculating.
Received the prop yesterday evening.

I have a query regarding charging of the units (TX & RX). Can the units be charged with a normal USB charger used for phones etc. or is it a MUST to charge the units with the given charging stick?

It will be nice if somebody can please clarify.

Iím eagerly awaiting your thoughts Ustaad:)
[quote]On Sep 11, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Thanks for sharing, P3d. That's good to know. I think it's a shame Joao doesn't step forward with suggestions to help with the adhesives. You and Jamie clearly stated your problems. Glad to see you kind of found a solution. [/quote]

We are working on a new video about this subject in particular.

The video will be added to the current instructional video and to my Facebook group. [/quote]

Thank you
Wouldn't have made this much easier if a roll of tape was included in the package instead of us running around looking for the best tape? Im sure a couple of bucks wouldn't make you go bankrupt Joao! Would save us all this hussle!

I have a query regarding charging of the units (TX & RX). Can the units be charged with a normal USB charger used for phones etc. or is it a MUST to charge the units with the given charging stick?

I used another regular usb phone charger lead to charge my units - no problem at all!
[quote]On Sep 11, 2019, MDantes wrote:

Iím eagerly awaiting your thoughts Ustaad :) [/quote]

Sure! I need another day or two. :)

[quote]On Sep 12, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:

[/quote]

[b]I used another regular usb phone charger lead to charge my units - no problem at all![/b] [/quote]

Thank you.

Such USB charging stick is generally provided as a safety measure so as to keep the charging voltage &/or currents to a secure level and hence my query.

I have a question. If you use 2 units, will they work separately? Meaning that each controller operates one unit at a time or does one controller operate both units at the same time?
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
I have a question. If you use 2 units, will they work separately? Meaning that each controller operates one unit at a time or does one controller operate both units at the same time? [/quote]

One controller operates one unit at time.

We program one remote to only work with one gimmick.
So I received mine yesterday and so far I really like this. Just testing out the provided tape, it worked flawlessly on my wife and was very secure... Has the stock tape been identified in order to purchase replacements ? Also curious if a dedicated fabric tape may even be a better option?
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 13, 2019 06:29AM)
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, elimagic wrote:
Just testing out the provided tape, it worked flawlessly on my wife and was very secure... [/quote]

Am I the only one who had images flash through his mind that were very far off topic?
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Just testing out the provided tape, it worked flawlessly on my wife and was very secure... [/quote]

Am I the only one who had images flash through his mind that were very far off topic? [/quote]

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
So I received mine yesterday and so far I really like this. Just testing out the provided tape, it worked flawlessly on my wife and was very secure... Has the stock tape been identified in order to purchase replacements ? Also curious if a dedicated fabric tape may even be a better option? [/quote]

This is for a different forum.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 13, 2019 11:15AM)
The Magic Cafť #metoo section?
OK, here are my thoughts on the [b]Spectro Touch[/b] by Joao Miranda.

MF Tom has already given a nice detailed review (Posted: Aug 27, 2019 12:15 pm), so I will skip all the blah . . blah . . and move on to my personal opinion/thoughts. But before that, I suggest you please give MF Tom's review a read. As for I am concerned, I am in full agreement with MF Tom's well written review.

Also please let me clarify that most queries/concern have been honestly addressed/replied by Joao and others. So I will skip those as well. I will only take-on the important features of this little wonder TOUCH device and layout their pros-n-cons. So here we go:- ;)

[b]1. The Touch:[/b] The spectator will feel exactly as though he/she has been tapped by someone's finger. However when using the device for multiple touch (i.e. the fist and the second touch), the touches are not at the same spot. They are a good 4 to 5 cm apart. This will throws any alert spectator off guard. This IMO is one big advantage of this device.

[b]2. Delayed Touch Feature:[/b] This is an excellent feature and probably will be used quite often. Once the device has been put in the delay mode, it will continue to obey till such time the delay feature as been disabled.

[b]3. Effective Range:[/b] The effective range between the transmitter and the receiver (as tested by me) is 15 Feet (Line of Sight). This IMO is fairly good range.

[b]4. Reliability of The Device:[/b]: I have put the device to extreme test and the device has worked reliably well thus far - I encountered no mechanical or electronic glitch whatsoever.

[b]5. Robustness of The Device:[/b] The device is quite robust (as tested by me). However please avoid dropping of the device on hard floor as it contains miniature Hi-Tech circuitry. Also it has a plastic part that might snap/break.

[b]6. Movement Restrictions:[/b] Unlike some other touch devices on the market, with this one the spectator's movements are not restricted. The spectator is free to sit, stand or move while the device is attached. This IMO is a big advantage over other similar devices. However The spectator cannot turnaround during the course of performance while the device is attached (for fear of exposing the device). Also nobody should be behind the spectator. This is a disadvantage but can be handled well with a bit of spectator as well as audience management (Audience Management :worry: - Ah, that cr**py advise :exclaim: ;)).

[b]7. Dislodging of The Device During Performance:[/b] This has been an overall cause of concern and hopefully is being taken care of by Joao. As per Joao's latest post, a remedy is in the offering. However, in spite of all precautions and care, it is quite possible that the device may fall off (due to any reason) during the course of performance. Hence to avoid falling off of the device and thus exposing the method as well, I had suggested (please see my post, Posted: Sep 10, 2019 01:47 pm) the use of an extra 1.5 Inch long Double-Sided Tape attached to the device. Thus, in the event of the device getting dislodged during performance, it will not fall as the extra tape will hold on to the device and let the device dangle. The performer can then quickly re-fix the device in place and continue performing. I feel this was a good suggestion but seems it was not taken/accepted. But that's OK. :)

[b]8. Live Performance:[/b] The instructions video shows a nice live stage performance. This will certainly help one get a fairly good idea as to how the effect plays. I have performed this live (just once) at home in a family & friends gathering and have got great reactions, especially from the women folks. IMO one cannot brand this effect as a stage/parlor ONLY. It can be performed in a closeup setting as well - Like I did in our family gathering at home.

Overall the [b]'Spectro'[/b] is a new, unique & a very versatile remote controlled prop for the TOUCH effect. The device is small, robust, very light in weight (just 27 Grams) and is silent. Besides the 'TOUCH' effect, for which this has been designed, it's tapping/knocking facility can be put to many other uses like seance effects and thus making it a very versatile prop. Imagination will be your only limiting factor.

For all those on the fence, I will happily recommend [b]'SPECTRO'.[/b]

That's just ME and MY thoughts. :)

Hope this helps!

Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 13, 2019 11:48AM)
Thanks, Ustaad! Thatís great to hear! Very much appreciated. 🙏
Since the devices work indinendantly. i.e. 2 devices, 2 controllers, I am ordering a second one to use on 2 spectators thus at time I touch one spectator and at other times touch the other. This also eliminates that the touch is always at the same place. Even if after the performance, people talk, they will say that they felt the touch in different places
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:

[b]Since the devices work indinendantly. i.e. 2 devices, 2 controllers, I am ordering a second one to use on 2 spectators[/b] thus at time I touch one spectator and at other times touch the other. This also eliminates that the touch is always at the same place. Even if after the performance, people talk, they will say that they felt the touch in different places [/quote]

I like your thinking on using two sets.

However before ordering the second device, recheck and confirm from Joao whether the 2 sets will work independently when both are switched 'ON'. Hope there is no RX/TX conflict between the two sets. I know Joao has already replied to your earlier query but still there is no harm in reconfirming. Just a humble advise. :)

Thanks, Ustaad, for the very throughout review!

I have yet to receive my unit, so I don't quite get the following:

[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
I had suggested (please see my post, Posted: Sep 10, 2019 01:47 pm) the use of an extra 1.5 Inch long Double-Sided Tape attached to the device. Thus, in the event of the device getting dislodged during performance, it will not fall as the extra tape will hold on to the device and let the device dangle. The performer can then quickly re-fix the device in place and continue performing. I feel this was a good suggestion but seems it was not taken/accepted. But that's OK. :)

Would you mind expanding a little bit on this?

Thanks again!
I have mine listed in the for sale section if anyone is interested. In case anyone is on the fence and getting it a little cheaper helps.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
I have mine listed in the for sale section if anyone is interested. In case anyone is on the fence and getting it a little cheaper helps. [/quote]

Interested
I like your thinking on using two sets.

However before ordering the second device, recheck and confirm from Joao whether the 2 sets will work independently when both are switched 'ON'. Hope there is no RX/TX conflict between the two sets. I know Joao has already replied to your earlier query but still there is no harm in reconfirming. Just a humble advise. :)

I asked Joao he said they work separately one controller per device
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
I have mine listed in the for sale section if anyone is interested. In case anyone is on the fence and getting it a little cheaper helps. [/quote]
How can I contact you pls?
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 13, 2019 02:08PM)
Look on the left side, under his name it says "profile" and "pm". PM him.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2019, RodrigoGrando wrote:

I had suggested (please see my post, Posted: Sep 10, 2019 01:47 pm) the use of an extra 1.5 Inch long Double-Sided Tape attached to the device. Thus, in the event of the device getting dislodged during performance, it will not fall as the extra tape will hold on to the device and let the device dangle. The performer can then quickly re-fix the device in place and continue performing. I feel this was a good suggestion but seems it was not taken/accepted. But that's OK. :)
[/quote]

[b]Would you mind expanding a little bit on this?[/b]
[/quote]

Hope you can see the small sketch.

Due to the device's force action the device might get dislodged, but the little extra 1.5 inch of tape stuck to the shirts fabric will stay faithfully well anchored in place. Thus it won't allow the device to fall off.

And to give the 1.5 inch tape a little stiffness, attach a transparent thin plastic of appropriate width on the other side (the exposed side) of the tape.

Hope now it makes sense. :)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Due to the device's force action the device might get dislodged, but the little extra 1.5 inch of tape stuck to the shirts fabric will stay faithfully well anchored in place. Thus it won't allow the device to fall off.

thank you very much now if you clarify the sketch you have drawn

good idea !!!

I wonder if in the test you did at home you did it that way, if so

put the device is complicated ???

It makes perfect sense! :)

Thank you again!
@ mentaldiego:

Yes, I do what I preach. :bg:

The device is not at all complicated in any sense. Rather it is one of the most easy device to hook-on and operate. My tape suggestion is only a safety measure.

Can I give an advice on L ion batteries in general? If not using batteries for a long time, try to discharge to at least 30%. If not they will puff up and become useless. DO NOT STORE L ION BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME!
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 14, 2019 02:07AM)
Thanks! Very good to know!
Ustadd@

Thank you again for your experiences.
[quote]On Sep 9, 2019, gassaox wrote:
Does gorilla tape not work ,I use this to stick my cushions down in my rattan furniture and they never move all year round resist all wind weathers etc [/quote]

Yes it would work but I would not suggest it as it would be difficult and a noticeable r-i-p to remove from the clothing

[/quote]

[/quote]

And to give the 1.5 inch tape a little stiffness, attach a transparent thin plastic of appropriate width on the other side (the exposed side) of the tape.

:xmas: [/quote] best idea so far... Thanks
[quote]On Sep 14, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
Can I give an advice on L ion batteries in general? If not using batteries for a long time, try to discharge to at least 30%. If not they will puff up and become useless. DO NOT STORE L ION BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME! [/quote]

This sounds like good solid advice.... However, what exactly are "L ion batteries"?.
[quote]On Sep 16, 2019, Bad jelly wrote:
[quote]On Sep 14, 2019, bigfoot007 wrote:
Can I give an advice on L ion batteries in general? If not using batteries for a long time, try to discharge to at least 30%. If not they will puff up and become useless. DO NOT STORE L ION BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME! [/quote]

This sounds like good solid advice.... However, what exactly are "L ion batteries"?. [/quote] I meant Li-ion sorry my mistake... Lithium ion. Just don't store totally empty or totally full for a long period of time. I would charge once a month or two to keep them going
Haa ..thanks Bigfoot .... great piece of advice, wish I'd known this years ago. Explains why most of my electronic gadgetry has become somewhat unpredictable.

Cheers.
Since our electronic based magic props are generally used for short and intermittent duration, we should soon see Li-Ion and other such rechargeable batteries getting replaced with Supercapacitors/Ultracapacitors as the new power source. Supercapacitors has an extremely short charging time with almost infinite recharging capability and with a life expectancy of over 25 years. Supercapacitors are devoid of all the problems of a Li-Ion battery.

[b]If I am not wrong, I believe that such a beginning (use of a Supercapacitor) has alreday been made by one of our electronic genius, Craig Felicity, in his 'Real Die Rechargeable' prop.[/b]

Have a look at a couple of such batteries:-

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/kemet/fg0h105zf/70368306/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpqeh5YzY5AIVXSCtBh2yvQPvEAQYBCABEgJBjvD_BwE

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/panasonic/eec-s0hd224v/70256202/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuKDgqoLY5AIVhRh9Ch0IpQKlEAQYBCABEgI0JPD_BwE

https://www.techbatterysolutions.com/xs-power-sb500-65-supercapacitor-battery-module-4000-watt-group-65/?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=google&utm_term=SB500-65&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpqeh5YzY5AIVXSCtBh2yvQPvEAQYASABEgLU5fD_BwE

Ustaad ... When you say "soon see replacements" are we talking Months, Years, ? Additionally, after checking out the links you provided, It seems our current devices will be incompatible with these more suitable options. Pity, as I like the sound of the 'Brave new world' you describe :) ..

Cheers.
@ Bad jelly: Well 'soon' could be any time from a day to years. :) However as per my knowledge and info, electronic design engineers have already started using the Supercapacitor as a power source for low energy electronic device. And one good example is (as to the best of my knowledge and understanding) that Crag Felicity is already using Supercapacitors in one of his props mentioned in my above post.

IMO, all current devices will work till they die their natural death. :) Probably when the general rechargeable batteries die (in older devices) they may be replaced with suitable rated Supercapacitors. However its time that creators of electronic based magic props look into the use of Supercapacitors as the main power source. The biggest advantage of the new power source is they last almost a life time and can be recharged at a fraction of the time than those other conventional rechargeable batteries need. For example Craig's 'Real Die Rechargeable' just needs 2 minutes to fully recharge. Compare this to other similar dice needing an hour or more to recharge.

[b]Aah, I feel like kicking myself for starting this Supercapacitor topic. So please let's get back on to the main 'Spectro Touch' topic.[/b] :) Thank you.

Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Sep 18, 2019 12:06AM)
Please donít worry about getting off topic for a bit. You were asked to. I thought it was very interesting and Iím sure many others did. So thank you.
Fellow Spectro users...where is the best place to place the remote to be able to feel the vibration in delay mode? It seems that I can't seem to find the right place to feel the vibration nice and strong! No funny places please 😂
Lots of great info here and think Iíll jump over the fence. If used in combination with several other methods. I love Díangelos touch and while itís bold, enjoy the principle. I think this could complement it.
[quote]On Sep 18, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Please donít worry about getting off topic for a bit. You were asked to. I thought it was very interesting and Iím sure many others did. So thank you. [/quote]

I concur .. and could not have stated it better. I'll simply add my thanks to Ustaad for the as always, insightful posts. I learned new facts. Always good.

Cheers.
Thank you all for the encouragement and kind words. I am grateful. :)

Very interesting Narendra. The future, no doubt.
May hhave found the perfect "stuff". Stronger than the original, cheaper, looks ideal. With a new piece I did more than 20 jumping jacks with it in place and it held strong. Message me for the amazon link.
I used the regular double sided tape I had laying around the house which worked perfectly
Lots of great info here and think Iíll jump over the fence. If used in combination with several other methods. I love Díangelos touch and while itís bold, enjoy the principle. I think this could complement it.
I hate to bring up the issue of tape concerns again... But, it seems to me that adding a pin/hook to the unit should be easy enough using a hot glue gun ?

I am just considering to my the unit and like others I am concerned about tape. I do know that a hooked coin is very easy to put on and take off.
Am I crazy ? Did anyone try adding a pin / hook ?

PS: I believe another post said that a hook may lessen the effect of feeling the "touch", is this true ?

Thoughts ?
[quote]On Sep 20, 2019, elimagic wrote:
May hhave found the perfect "stuff". Stronger than the original, cheaper, looks ideal. With a new piece I did more than 20 jumping jacks with it in place and it held strong. Message me for the amazon link. [/quote]

Could you share the Amazon link please? PS. I did PM you but no reply.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Oct 2, 2019 07:55AM)
Would be nice. Thereís no harm for the creator in that, right?
[quote]On Oct 2, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
[quote]On Sep 20, 2019, elimagic wrote:
May hhave found the perfect "stuff". Stronger than the original, cheaper, looks ideal. With a new piece I did more than 20 jumping jacks with it in place and it held strong. Message me for the amazon link. [/quote]

Could you share the Amazon link please? PS. I did PM you but no reply. [/quote]

Didn't see your message. I guess there isn't any harm just posting it publically. This stuff. Mesh tape, easy to take off the unit (i had a very tough time removing the original tape as it didnít ďstay togetherĒ. This tape is much more sticky but since itís mesh, stays together so switching to a different strip is easy. Itís cheap and I think worth testing for yourself.

New: All Purpose Double Sided... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07352Y3TN?ref......ap_share

Good luck,
Eli
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Oct 2, 2019 01:36PM)
Thanks, Eli! Great tip!
[quote]On Sep 11, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:

[b]We are working on a new video about this subject in particular.

The video will be added to the current instructional video and to my Facebook group.[/b] [/quote]

Any up-date?

Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Oct 5, 2019 10:46AM)
Still no update?
I bought a props. Where the group is secret on facebook and how to get in, please tell me!
Thanks for the review. bought it.
I have Spectro Touch and was considering the purchase of another unit but I see from the foregoing that others have supplemented this with PSI Power (which I also have). How does that work please?
Purchasing two based on the reviews. Still unsure if one needs the toe switch. What are your thoughts? I do like the review of it being in conjunction with a card effect. Perhaps a dead or alive seance type with postcards.

Anyone else using this for something more off piste?
I experienced a small sound or click, like some have mentioned, but I think the sound varies depending on the clothing they wear. Your audience will never hear it, and I think with your voice on a microphone or ambient music or just the natural noises of a theater - the sound would be unnoticeable. But in practice, alone by yourself .... you'll hear it.

My review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubXF2UVM8zM
[quote]On Oct 24, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:

[b]* I experienced a small sound or click, like some have mentioned, but I think the sound varies depending on the clothing they wear.

* But in practice, alone by yourself .... you'll hear it.[/b]
[/quote]

Based on [b]MY own experience[/b], the click can be heard irrespective of the clothing worn by the spectator. Though it might not be heard by audience but certainly by an attentive spectator. The sound is due to the two stops on the device for the hammer (cryptic . . . but those who have the prop will understand). To solve this problem I stuck a thin layer of felt on the two stops and that almost eliminated the sound. Give it a try and see it for yourself. :)

I do this and I will say that the radio signal is much weaker when my body (or the viewer) interferes with it. For example, if the remote control is in my right pocket and the viewer is to my left, the probability that the radio signal reaches the receiver drops by 2 times (when in delay mode). The radio signal is transmitted as much as possible FROM the side at the remote control where the green light is on. The remote control should be directed by this side to the receiver (viewer).
I definitely wonít leave the viewer further than 4-5 meters. In delay mode, the signal may not reach.
If you really get problems a little audible sound, write to me and I will tell you where it comes from and how to fix it