(Close Window)
Topic: Subtlety for having Hopping Halves examined.
So, while I came up with this on my own, I will not at all be surprised if someone else has done this before.

It's a way to have the coins examined before 'Hopping Halves'.

So, the copper gimmick setup starts in the right pocket and the silver ] is in right hand finger palm. In your left hand is an ungimmicked copper and silver (or the shaved silver if it's not an expanded set).

You shake, jingle and display the coins in your open left hand, then hand out the silver coin for examination. You take it back and give out the copper, and as they are looking at the copper, you quietly nest the silver in the ] with your right hand and place it back on your open left palm.

Then, you explain the 'game'. You say, "If I take this copper coin out of my hand and put it in my pocket, what's left?" They say 'Silver' and you say "Good, just making sure you're paying attention". This is the perfect opportunity to switch the copper in your pocket. Proceed as normal from there!
While your handling would work fine, Iím not so sure this trick needs initial examining since the audience doesnít know what is about to happen and you end empty handed.
True, but it's barely any extra effort, and it adds another layer that eliminates an explanation. I think it only increases the mystery in this case!
Save yourself the hassle and check out Mark Jenestís Short Hop on his Miracles While You Wait DVD. Itís a more streamlined version of Hopping Halves.
Thanks for the tip.
I have a handling that starts out ungaffed !!! :)
Is that published somewhere? I'd be interested in checking it out.

Lately I've been using a Quiver. Instead of putting the coins in my pocket, I put them back in the Quiver and at the end dump out the two ungimmicked coins.
Yea It is in my Sound Routine Booklet ! ( That's the booklet on the Rattle gimmick !You can do it with out the R.G. You just don't get the sound sell) ! :)
[quote]On Sep 1, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
So, while I came up with this on my own, I will not at all be surprised if someone else has done this before.

It's a way to have the coins examined before 'Hopping Halves'.

So, the copper gimmick setup starts in the right pocket and the silver ] is in right hand finger palm. In your left hand is an ungimmicked copper and silver (or the shaved silver if it's not an expanded set).

You shake, jingle and display the coins in your open left hand, then hand out the silver coin for examination. You take it back and give out the copper, and as they are looking at the copper, you quietly nest the silver in the ] with your right hand and place it back on your open left palm.

Then, you explain the 'game'. You say, "If I take this copper coin out of my hand and put it in my pocket, what's left?" They say 'Silver' and you say "Good, just making sure you're paying attention". This is the perfect opportunity to switch the copper in your pocket. Proceed as normal from there! [/quote]

See this video:
https://youtu.be/kOHq6eGH4Rg

Darko
Yes! I saw this after I thought of the above, but very similar. I'm a Tyler Rabbit fan for sure.
I just perform this effect with regular coins which makes things easier for me.
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Dec 3, 2019 07:57AM)
I second the suggestion for Mark Jenests short hop routine. Not only can you have the coins examined, youve got instant reset and they sound like real coins. A couple of tips. I use a shim copper silver coin for use with a magnetic hold out. And, instead of ending with an empty hand, I end with two jumbo coins, a jumbo copper and a jumbo silver. This is one of my strong workers.