(Close Window)
Topic: Remote Viewing documentary on Amazon
I recently watched "Third Eye Spies" on Amazon. It's a fairly well presented documentary on the US gov program to use "remote viewing" and psychics in general to spy on the Soviets during the Cold War. A physicist who was involved in the program requested and got declassification of the material, got in front of a camera and a film is born. In short, the gist of the piece is that psychics are real. It's presented in a fairly serious way. Minimal woo-woo.

I enjoyed watching it and think it's of interest to the Mystery Arts performance world. My takeaway is that no disclaimer you give will convince at least a segment of your audience that your gift is real. I'm not trying to re beat the well flogged ethical discussion we have about presenting psychic ability as real, I was just struck by the irony that a brand new mainstream documentary is describing psi phenomenon in this way.

Check it out if you like.
I will !!!!! I need another part time gig!!!! :sun:
Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to watching this documentary!
Itís a great piece that gives the true origin and shows a lot of the evidence for remote viewing. Iíve done some remote viewing training and I highly recommend it to all psychic entertainers to research it and actually do it. You will be astonished how accurate you can be.
I loved the part where some of the subjects they wanted for a control sample started producing amazing results!!!
Watching this documentary brought me back to being a kid in the 1970s again, when I thought PSI was real. Maybe it is after all...or at least some of it...
I have no doubt that believing in psi-phenomena can make a psychic-entertainer more believable.
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Oct 16, 2019 06:45PM)
Since we routinely ask our audiences to "willingly suspend their disbelief," it's only natural that we, as performers, also follow suit.
[quote]On Oct 16, 2019, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Since we routinely ask our audiences to "willingly suspend their disbelief," it's only natural that we, as performers, also follow suit. [/quote]
After watching this documentary, my disbelief has been genuinely suspended.
[quote]On Oct 13, 2019, Slim King wrote:
I will !!!!! I need another part time gig!!!! :sun: [/quote]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
[quote]On Oct 16, 2019, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Since we routinely ask our audiences to "willingly suspend their disbelief," it's only natural that we, as performers, also follow suit. [/quote]
An excellent point! And something that I struggle with on a regular basis. Sometimes it's hard to focus on a method while trying to pretend it doesn't exist.
Greeting Compeers...

Doing magic, isn't natural...but in doing magic, you must be natural. I completely and totally believe in magic...I believe magic is within me and all around me. I am never away from magic...even though there are methods behind my presentations...I always believe what I am presenting is absolutely and completely real. I also believe that intuition and related abilities are also real. Yes...there is a line that separates "methods" and "applied intuition", and as an entertainer of magic and mentalism...I always maintain that "line of separation". Dunninger said it best: "To those who believe, no explanation is necessary...for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice..."

Continued Success,
Dan
[quote]On Oct 14, 2019, Matt Pulsar wrote:
Itís a great piece that gives the true origin and shows a lot of the evidence for remote viewing. Iíve done some remote viewing training and I highly recommend it to all psychic entertainers to research it and actually do it. You will be astonished how accurate you can be. [/quote]
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00787R000300110001-8.pdf