(Close Window)
Topic: Sharing a routine
Hi all. I have been away from the Café since... I can't remember. A year? On my coming back, I want to share a routine with whoever will be interested in sharing something as well. I have shared countless routines over the past years and notices many people would just download the files without even a Thank You. Not what I call "sharing".

I made an experiment, and offered to send a routine (that was "Tricycle Around the World") in exchange for... whatever people thought was a fair trade: a routine, a technique, an idea... I was very happy with what happened :D

This time, I'm doing it a bit differently. [b]Here's the deal:[/b]
I've created a folder on a Google Drive. As of now, it contains only ma routine "Champ' Night", a routine I did already privately share with a selected few here.
If you send me a routine of yours, I'll add it to the folder and send you a link. This means overtime, everybody who sent a routine will have acess to all other contributions to that folder :D

If you are interested in participating in this, send me your routine (I will give you my e-mail addres if you pm me). If I feel it's good enough(*), I'll put it in the folder and send you the link.

Welocome to the [i]"Shared Folder Project"[/i] :D

[i](*) For instance, "Champ' Night" is a routine I've used as my opener and that other mentalists have liked, I wouldn't want to trade it for a keyboard dream or just the idea for a funny line (yeah, that happened with my first experiment). I wouldn't want other contributors to complain about obviously weak "gifts".[/i]
Nice to have you back!
[quote]On Oct 16, 2019, Mindpro wrote:
Nice to have you back! [/quote]
Thank You :D
Hello Cervier,

[quote]On Oct 15, 2019, Cervier wrote:
I have shared countless routines over the past years and notices many people would just download the files without even a Thank You.
[/quote]

Tell me about it! I used to enjoy sharing new things, but not so much now. "Please" and "thank-you," as well as decently written non-anonymous polite requests seem to be a thing of the past.

So now I keep track of who's not capable of basic etiquette and won't share with them any more. The list of confidants shrinks daily.

I have something to write up for you, though... It might require photographs showing some moves. Are you able to handle that okay?

Thomas Henry
I like your "Shared Folder Project" and I will write something for you.
[quote]On Oct 16, 2019, Thomas Henry wrote:

Tell me about it! I used to enjoy sharing new things, but not so much now. "Please" and "thank-you," as well as decently written non-anonymous polite requests seem to be a thing of the past.
[/quote]

"[i]Champ' Night[/i]" belongs to the "Bank Night" family of routines, but is structured differently than most: the participant does win the prize, but... you'll see :) I present it as mindreading (not influence nor prediction...) --related Bank Night routines would include one by Ted Lesley, one by Marc Spelmann...

About people writing "send me..." but never "Thank you", I do have sad memories -- but I also have very, very nice ones, I'm not forgetting that either :D
[quote]On Oct 16, 2019, Thomas Henry wrote:
Hello Cervier,

I have something to write up for you, though... It might require photographs showing some moves. Are you able to handle that okay?

Thomas Henry [/quote]
Sorry, I hadn't seen your question! The anwser is yes, no problem :D
I just received, read and uploaded a document from [b]pixelated[/b].
It's a DIY deck-switching device I suddenly feel an urge to build and to try :D
The way it functions is simple and direct, there are no complicated parts you're always afraid will fail you and it really looks like a worker. Of course I'll have to make and try one to be sure, but it definitely looks like something that could become popular among card cheats because it allows for a quick, covert and safe move.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will post a list of what's in the folder every time something new comes in. As of today, the list is (by "order of appearance" ;) ) :
- [b]Champ' Night, by Cervier[/b] ; a Bank Night style routine.
- [b]Tipswitch, by pixaleted[/b] ; a DIY one-hand-deck-switch gimmick.
And another entry from [b]darko[/b].
A method for a Dead or Alive routine that makes use of a specific type of equipment but will give ideas to those of us who have a equipment based on different principles.

------ CONTENTS OF THE SHARED FOLDER PROJECT -------------------------------------------
- [b]Darko's Dead or Alive routine, by Darko[/b] ; a method for D-O-A-type routines
And another contribution from dj / Darko! An open prediction that fooled me, but most important, that pleased me :D
One video of the routine, another one with clear explanations of that simple method.

You must begin to think I only like methods if they are simple. Weeeeell.... "[i]Simple[/i]" often means "[i]low risk of failure[/i]", "[i]no long awkward patter while you do your moves[/i]" etc.

------ CONTENTS OF THE SHARED FOLDER PROJECT -------------------------------------------
- [b]Darko's Dead or Alive routine, by Darko[/b] ; a method for D-O-A-type routines
- [b]Darko's Open Prediction, by Darko[/b] ; a clean open prediction with a simple method.
OK I'll play along. I like your stuff and Thank you.

See your pm
Great idea! I just sent something that might be worth adding to the folder (it might be the kind of things that interess Thomas).
*Big smile* I just got back from a weekend trip, away from Internet, and I find new contributions for the sharing project :dancing:

- An "Open Prediction", by Sealegs. In his version, the performer isn't the one who makes the prediction! That's left to a spectator!... :D
- "Man Heart" is a story by Funsway I enjoyed reading. By his own words, "[i]Here is a story that might inspire your thinking, though - applied mentalism or something.[/i]" :D
- "Yet Another Peek Device", sent by John C. I would have called it "Out To Peek", or "Peek To Lunch" because of what it reminds me of. :D

So the list is now:
- [b]Darko's Open Prediction, by Darko[/b] ; a clean open prediction with a simple method.
- [b]An Open Prediction, by Sealegs[/b] ; An Open Prediction where the prediction is made by a spectator.
- [b]"Man Heart", a story by Funsway[/b] ; inspiration for presentations and/or effects.
- [b]"YAPD", by John C.[/b] ; Yet Another Peek Device, but who doesn't need ("want") another peek device?
And, Nestor D. sent me a routine that uses a pendulum, anagrams... Thomas, Nestor said this could be for you? ;)

- [b]An Open Prediction, by Sealegs[/b] ; An Open Prediction where the prediction is made by a spectator.
- [b]Man Heart, a story by Funsway[/b] ; inspiration for presentations and/or effects.
- [b]YAPD, by John C.[/b] ; Yet Another Peek Device, but who doesn't need ("want") another peek device?
- [b]A Halloween Anagram, by Nestor D.[/b] ; an effect with letters and a pendulum.
I want to thank all those who have (or will) share something of value in this project. It is heartwarming :cheers:
Great idea👍
[quote]On Oct 21, 2019, Newsround wrote:
Great idea👍 [/quote]
A year and a half/two years ago, I offered to share a routine (that was [i]Agendanimaux[/i], and not [i]Tricycle Around the World[/i] as I mistakenly wrote in the first post of this thread) to whoever would send me inreturn "something" they thought was a fair trade. The upshot was, I ended up sending about fifteen PDFs of my routine and received 8 routines or ideas in exchange.

I was a bit bothered by the fact almost haf the people who requested my routine never sent anything back. I knew I was taking the risk. And I thought, even thoug it was disappointing, I didn't loose anything.

But I was also a bit bothered by the fact I had a much better share of the deal!!! I mean, everyonehad received 1 routine(mine), but *I* had received 8 "things"! I thought of sending everything to every one, but life had other plans... (*dramatic music* ;) ) I think I'll do it now.

So this time, I was driven back to the Café for purely commercial reasons, I'll admit. I wanted to tell the world about my new (and only) peek envelope everyone who's seen it is praising... Yes they are, that's not advertising. And... It felt strange. I'm much more used to giving stuff away for free. In a way, I had to compensate with something else. I decided to try out that idea that had been haunting my brain since the days I just told you about: let's call it the "[i]Fellowship of the shaRing[/i]" :lol:

I have to say, I am very happy with the quality of the shared material, and moved that people would send so nice stuff! :love: I does mak the whole experiment feel like... a fellowship :D

Now, I wouldn't want anybody think what they thought of sharing isn't up to par. This is about sharing, it's not a contest where I would be selecting the best entries for a book for instance. What I'll do is, if ever I feel I can't accept an entry, I wont give the sender access to the whole folder, but I will send my [i]Champ'Night[/i] routine in exchange anyway.
And, new contributions coming in! :yippee:
Greg Arce sent me three routines.
A roulette-type one involving pencils and a tomato. I like the silplicity of the props, and above all, I like the fact it's safe (unless you're very creative :lol: ).
Another one is based on Bob Hummer's principle, but doesn't stop there. There's more to it than just finding the cup. As Greg explains how the three climaxes work, he gives ideas and ways to flesh them up.
And if you do magic squares and would like a finale to close all the sums reveals, you will want to work this idea into your presentation :D

And Thomas Henry sent me the first contribution I uploaded without reading it. Because it is 120 pages! And something everyone with an interest for ESP cards will want to have a deep look at :D

- [b]Man Heart, a story by Funsway[/b] ; inspiration for presentations and/or effects.
- [b]YAPD, by John C.[/b] ; Yet Another Peek Device, but who doesn't need ("want") another peek device?
- [b]A Halloween Anagram, by Nestor D. [/b]; an effect with letters and a pendulum.
- [b]Fear No 2, by Greg Arce[/b] ; a safe roulette-type routine with everyday props.
- [b]Hummer Bill, by Greg Arce [/b]; starts with the classical three-cup base and adds two more mind-reading feats.
- [b]Square Peg, by Greg Arce [/b]; an idea for a baffling finale to a magic square routine.
- [b]The Handbook of ESP Card Mentalism, by Thomas Henry[/b] ; the title says it all!

Hello Everyone,

Let me chime in with a huge thank-you to Cervier and all the contributors for some truly excellent material. Your generosity in sharing your own top-quality mentalism with others is amazing!

Annemann would be truly envious at what's going on in this sharing project...

Thomas Henry
This folder already contains more stuff than I can digest in a week! :D
And as Thomas Henry wrote, there's some top-quality stuff, and I would have spent hard-earned money to buy a book with that sort of content! I'm glad I don't have to :D , but I would have! I thank again all contributors, and I have in mind a few others who shared things in the past and whom I'd like to lure into that project ;)

I already shared [i]Agendaminaux[/i] in the past and I know some of the present participants have it, so it won't be new to them --let me share it again anyway.
It's based on Bob Cassidy's "Chronologue", but without playing cards.

- [b]Champ' Night[/b], by Cervier ......................................... a Bank Night style routine.
- [b]Tipswitch[/b], by pixaleted .......................................... a DIY one-hand-deck-switch gimmick.
- [b]Darko's Dead or Alive routine[/b], by Darko .......................... a method for D-O-A-type routines
- [b]Darko's Open Prediction[/b], by Darko ................................ a clean open prediction with a simple method.
- [b]An Open Prediction[/b], by Sealegs ................................... an Open Prediction where the prediction is made by a spectator.
- [b]Man Heart[/b], a story by Funsway .................................... inspiration for presentations and/or effects.
- [b]YAPD[/b], by John C. ................................................. Yet Another Peek Device, but who doesn't need ("want") another peek device?
- [b]A Halloween Anagram[/b], by Nestor D. ................................ an effect with letters and a pendulum.
- [b]Fear No 2[/b], by Greg Arce .......................................... a safe roulette-type routine with everyday props.
- [b]Hummer Bill[/b], by Greg Arce ........................................ starts with the classical three-cup base and adds two more mind-reading feats.
- [b]Square Peg[/b], by Greg Arce ......................................... an idea for a baffling finale to a magic square routine.
- [b]The Handbook of ESP Card Mentalism[/b], by Thomas Henry ..... the title says it all!
- [b]Agendanimaux[/b], by Cervier ......................................... based on Bob Cassidy's "Chronologue", but not with cards.

Aaaaaand... a new contribution! From Edward James Dean comes a major effect, involving the whole audience plus a panel of judges, designed as an opener that will set the atmosphere and themes (as an opener should --but doesn't always). Simple and efficient! :D :D :D

The list grows to:

- [b]Champ' Night,[/b] by Cervier ................................................... a Bank Night style routine.
- [b]Tipswitch,[/b] by Rich Gerrish .................................................. a DIY one-hand-deck-switch gimmick.
- [b]Darko's Dead or Alive routine,[/b] by Darko .............................. a method for D-O-A-type routines
- [b]Darko's Open Prediction,[/b] by Darko ..................................... a clean open prediction with a simple method.
- [b]An Open Prediction,[/b] by Sealegs ......................................... an Open Prediction where the prediction is made by a spectator.
- [b]Man Heart,[/b] a story by Funsway .......................................... inspiration for presentations and/or effects.
- [b]YAPD,[/b] by John C. ............................................................. Yet Another Peek Device, but who doesn't need ("want") another peek device?
- [b]A Halloween Anagram[/b], by Nestor D. .................................. an effect with letters and a pendulum.
- [b]Fear No 2,[/b] by Greg Arce .................................................... a safe roulette-type routine with everyday props.
- [b]Hummer Bill,[/b] by Greg Arce ................................................ starts with the classical three-cup base and adds two more mind-reading feats.
- [b]Square Peg,[/b] by Greg Arce ................................................. an idea for a baffling finale to a magic square routine.
- [b]The Handbook of ESP Card Mentalism,[/b] by Thomas Henry ....... the title says it all!
- [b]Agendanimaux,[/b] by Cervier ................................................ based on Bob Cassidy's "Chronologue", but not with cards.
- [b]A Major Effect With Three Envelopes[/b], by Edward James Dean .... a simple and efficient opener that involves the whole audience and sets the atmosphere.

Did you know that "grün" in German means "green"? I did, I took German in school. Well, "Grün" is the name of a new contribution from Darko, a simply executed and simply presented thought-of-card :D. The demo video is in german but easy to follow if you know what the plot is. The explanation video is in English and recaps everything. Cool stuff! And a force you may not know... :D

- [b]Champ' Night,[/b] by Cervier ................................................... a Bank Night style routine.
- [b]Tipswitch,[/b] by Rich Gerrish .................................................. a DIY one-hand-deck-switch gimmick.
- [b]Darko's Dead or Alive routine,[/b] by Darko .............................. a method for D-O-A-type routines
- [b]Darko's Open Prediction,[/b] by Darko ..................................... a clean open prediction with a simple method.
- [b]An Open Prediction,[/b] by Sealegs ......................................... an Open Prediction where the prediction is made by a spectator.
- [b]Man Heart,[/b] a story by Funsway .......................................... inspiration for presentations and/or effects.
- [b]YAPD,[/b] by John C. ............................................................. Yet Another Peek Device, but who doesn't need ("want") another peek device?
- [b]A Halloween Anagram,[/b] by Nestor D. .................................. an effect with letters and a pendulum.
- [b]Fear No 2,[/b] by Greg Arce .................................................... a safe roulette-type routine with everyday props.
- [b]Hummer Bill,[/b] by Greg Arce ................................................ starts with the classical three-cup base and adds two more mind-reading feats.
- [b]Square Peg,[/b] by Greg Arce ................................................. an idea for a baffling finale to a magic square routine.
- [b]The Handbook of ESP Card Mentalism,[/b] by Thomas Henry ....... the title says it all!
- [b]Agendanimaux,[/b] by Cervier ................................................ based on Bob Cassidy's "Chronologue", but not with cards.
- [b]A Major Effect With Three Envelopes,[/b] by Edward James Dean .... a simple and efficient opener that involves the whole audience and sets the atmosphere.
- [b]Grün,[/b] by Darko ................................................................. a simple and direct thought-of-card.

Sending you an pm.

Red
[quote]On Oct 27, 2019, EllisBoydRedding wrote:
Sending you an pm.

Red [/quote]
In the name of all participants, thanks :D Check your inbox.
Ok, picture this: you ask a participant to make a Sudoku puzzle. He or she writes a few freely chosen digits in an empty grid and that's the puzzle you have to solve. You do it in less than 2 minutes. Make that 1. I did 42 seconds on my first attempt!

Greg Arce sent me "Sudoku", a method inspired from an idea published by Philemon Vanderbeck, that Greg made super-easy to remember and use!!!

- [b]Champ' Night[/b], by Cervier ................................................... a Bank Night style routine.
- [b]Tipswitch[/b], by Rich Gerrish .................................................. a DIY one-hand-deck-switch gimmick.
- [b]Darko's Dead or Alive routine[/b], by Darko .............................. a method for D-O-A-type routines
- [b]Darko's Open Prediction[/b], by Darko ..................................... a clean open prediction with a simple method.
- [b]An Open Prediction[/b], by Sealegs ......................................... an Open Prediction where the prediction is made by a spectator.
- [b]Man Heart[/b], a story by Funsway .......................................... inspiration for presentations and/or effects.
- [b]YAPD[/b], by John C. ............................................................. Yet Another Peek Device, but who doesn't need ("want") another peek device?
- [b]A Halloween Anagram[/b], by Nestor D. .................................. an effect with letters and a pendulum.
- [b]Fear No 2[/b], by Greg Arce .................................................... a safe roulette-type routine with everyday props.
- [b]Hummer Bill[/b], by Greg Arce ................................................ starts with the classical three-cup base and adds two more mind-reading feats.
- [b]Square Peg[/b], by Greg Arce ................................................. an idea for a baffling finale to a magic square routine.
- [b]The Handbook of ESP Card Mentalism[/b], by Thomas Henry ....... the title says it all!
- [b]Agendanimaux[/b], by Cervier ................................................ based on Bob Cassidy's "Chronologue", but not with cards.
- [b]A Major Effect With Three Envelopes[/b], by Edward James Dean .... a simple and efficient opener that involves the whole audience and sets the atmosphere.
- [b]Grün[/b], by Darko ................................................................. a simple and direct thought-of-card.
- [b]Sudoku[/b], by Greg Arce ........................................................ fill in less than a minute a Sudoku grid freely made by a spectator.

How many pages is this project going to amount to??? Well, Greg Arce sent again a few, three routines and ideas out of his book "Lost In Thought". "Bomb Roulette": given its name, you will be glad to learn that its safe ;) Then "Postcards From The Edge" is a very clever dressing of a well known card trick, and I love when such tricks get dragged into the "everyday world" :D Finally, "Clues" is a finale for a routine base on the "CLUE" game.

- [b]Champ' Night[/b], by Cervier ................................................... a Bank Night style routine.
- [b]Tipswitch[/b], by Rich Gerrish .................................................. a DIY one-hand-deck-switch gimmick.
- [b]Darko's Dead or Alive routine[/b], by Darko .............................. a method for D-O-A-type routines
- [b]Darko's Open Prediction[/b], by Darko ..................................... a clean open prediction with a simple method.
- [b]An Open Prediction[/b], by Sealegs ......................................... an Open Prediction where the prediction is made by a spectator.
- [b]Man Heart[/b], a story by Funsway .......................................... inspiration for presentations and/or effects.
- [b]YAPD[/b], by John C. ............................................................. Yet Another Peek Device, but who doesn't need ("want") another peek device?
- [b]Fear No 2[/b], by Greg Arce .................................................... a safe roulette-type routine with everyday props.
- [b]Hummer Bill[/b], by Greg Arce ................................................ starts with the classical three-cup base and adds two more mind-reading feats.
- [b]Square Peg[/b], by Greg Arce ................................................. an idea for a baffling finale to a magic square routine.
- [b]The Handbook of ESP Card Mentalism[/b], by Thomas Henry ....... the title says it all!
- [b]Agendanimaux[/b], by Cervier ................................................ based on Bob Cassidy's "Chronologue", but not with cards.
- [b]Grün[/b], by Darko ................................................................. a simple and direct thought-of-card.
- [b]Sudoku[/b], by Greg Arce ........................................................ fill in less than a minute a Sudoku grid freely made by a spectator.
- [b]out of "Lost In Thought"[/b], by Greg Arce ................................ three routines and ideas out of Greg's "Lost In Thought" book.

Jose has worked on intros for his show that will empower the audience. He has come up with at least two different themes and scripts that he has sent for this project :D :D :D He also has more stuff on his workbench that should eventually arrive here as well :D :D :D :D

- [b]out of "Lost In Thought"[/b], by Greg Arce ............................... three routines and ideas out of Greg's "Lost In Thought" book.
- [b]Empowerment Openers[/b], by Jose Fernandez ......................... two different opening speeches with the same goal in mind: empowering the audience.

You may have heard of Thomas P. when you were looking for ways to put a voice into your participant's head... Today he shares a simple but engaging effect, an opener that lets you decide whether the rest should be card magic or mentalism.

- [b]out of "Lost In Thought"[/b], by Greg Arce ............................... three routines and ideas out of Greg's "Lost In Thought" book.
- [b]Empowerment Openers[/b], by Jose Fernandez ........................ two different opening speeches with the same goal in mind: empowering the audience.
- [b]Hands off short card[/b], by Thomas P ..................................... a mental magic opener that can lead to more cards... or not, as you please.

Here's a routine Jose Fernandez just finished polishing especially for this project, with a little help from me. It's about empathy, about connecting with the mind of the mentalist in an experiment that involves two decks of cards.

- [b]Empowerment Openers[/b], by Jose Fernandez ........................ two different opening speeches with the same goal in mind: empowering the audience.
- [b]Hands off short card[/b], by Thomas P ..................................... a mental magic opener that can lead to more cards... or not, as you please.
- [b]Mental Implantation[/b], by Jose Fernandez .............................. implanting the thought of a card in the mind of two spectators.