(Close Window)
Topic: Crimson Deck by Laura London and The Other Brothers
This is a super versatile gaffed deck of cards. Your spectator fairly selects a card and then puts it back into the deck. When you spread the deck, suddenly there are only 51 cards. And where is their selected card? ANYWHERE you want! It comes ready right out of the box, but there is so much taught in the online instructions. Routines from Laura London, Nicholas Lawrence, and The Other Brothers. You can even do this, then end with your favorite card trick closer without having to do a deck switch.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65897

Best regards,
Titanas
The team have been secretly road testing this in the shop for the past few weeks and all agree it's one heck of a versatile gaffed deck of cards...
The winner for us.. You have the fun of a gaffed deck when you need it, but can then go right into your other favourite routines without the nedd for a deck switch... NICE!

MoM have it on the site right with FREE worldwide shipping from the UK here:

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/crimson

Releases worldwide on November 18th
Hope this helps
Dominic
Looks like the Mirage Deck to me
[quote]On Nov 11, 2019, RickVancouver wrote:
Looks like the Mirage Deck to me [/quote]

Me too. Except it says there are 51 cards left in the deck. Unless this uses a do***le d***er to make the mirage deck. I would hope that isnít the case as then I wouldnít feel comfortable letting the spectator handle a single card.
In the trailer they say the spec can handle and shuffle the deck. If that's genuinely true then this is something new to me. I wouldn't let specs shuffle or handle my mirage deck.
A spectator can riffle shuffle a mirage deck because of the Svengali principle. They can also overhand shuffle because of the RF.
Can they? yes. Would I feel safe letting them? probably not.

So, if I create a Mirage Deck when they come out with a triple d***er, can I market it as my own?
[quote]On Nov 11, 2019, RickVancouver wrote:
Looks like the Mirage Deck to me [/quote]

Not really, a Mirage or PEP deck has a very specific tell when you're looking at it. This clearly is not that. And it's bicycle stock so not a DD. It also says you can do regular card stuff with it.

In fact, I don't see anything that indicate that this is a forcing deck at all. I could be wrong, but I think it's something else.
Are they claiming that you can do ANY piece of card magic with this deck, and then go into the routines they show? Or is there compromise.

And...

What's the lifespan of this deck?
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Crimson Deck by Laura London.

Hope it helps :)

[youtube]LqGAuwYxtZw[/youtube]

Best,
Kaan
[quote]On Nov 12, 2019, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Crimson Deck by Laura London.

Hope it helps :)

[youtube]LqGAuwYxtZw[/youtube]

Best,
Kaan [/quote]

Excellent review to make up our minds. Thanks, Kaan.
Agree yours and magic orthodoxy reviews hit spot on.No idea why anyone thinks it's a mirage deck.Clearly there is a force used.Which you wouldnt need to do with a mirage..Seeing the effects shown ..I'd say I could do the same ..With a d..... f....card and a normal deck .I collect Gaff decks I'm unsure if I'm picking this up ...I don't think tbh its anything special.
No one can make a card vanish from a regular deck, hands off
They can ...many ways to do that with gaffs.Get sharkey or anything that uses a little something..or even a d..f ..card.If you watch kaans review..The marketing blur is a bit let's say ..poetic license..Fairly select a card?? Err yes fairly select a forced card!!! ..Handle the deck ..yes well maybe one half of it ??? There is a force used and I'm sorry how can you say freely selected card.. A mirage deck I'd say freely selected card ...but you have to force a,card with this.. Dribble force so I'm afraid that is not freely selected.I do like the psychology though of starting with a deck of 51 cards to begin with.it has at least given me an idea..for a gaff deck that I made up not using anything..tacky!
No. if you do it with gaffs its not a normal deck.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2019, IAIN wrote:
No. if you do it with gaffs its not a normal deck. [/quote]

technically the same if you use 51 cards as there are 52 in a regular deck.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:

technically the same if you use 51 cards as there are 52 in a regular deck. [/quote]

Don't understand what you wrote, sorry :)
I don't understand you either it is a gaffed deck ..it says so
I think Dave is just joking and suggesting a normal regular deck consists of 52 cards so 51 cards makes it irregular and abnormal .
Meaning itís no different than adding 1 card or putting in a Blue card for say Chicago opener which then gaffs that whole deck too .
We all know it doesnít really with just 1 card added or taken away , this deck wonít be just 1 card so it truly is a gaffed deck Gaz 🙂
No one can make a card vanish from a regular deck, hands off [/quote]

Adhesive on the back of the top card, do exactly what she does in the trailer, et voila...
What's wrong with people...

How is that a regular deck?
And good luck in getting a punter handle your "ungimmicked" deck like in the demo and doing what you say...
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Nov 12, 2019 03:52PM)
[quote]On Nov 12, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
No one can make a card vanish from a regular deck, hands off [/quote]

Adhesive on the back of the top card, do exactly what she does in the trailer, et voila... [/quote]

exactly what I was thinking looking at the trailer. why to put the card on top and then get it into the middle by cutting...?
you could just put it into the middle and that's it. I hate unlogic tricks. many laymen does not know methods, gaffs, etc., but many will feel unlogic behaviour.
And good luck in getting a punter handle your "ungimmicked" deck like in the demo and doing what you say... [/quote]

Having adhesive on the back of a card is still a regular deck. It's not unprepared, but it's regular. Though I agree with what you were trying to say, if we have a regular, unprepared deck of cards, we can't vanish a card from the deck, hands off. Not yet, anyway.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that this is how the Crimson Deck works, it doesn't even make sense as far as what the other performers in the trailer did. Only what Laura did.

As for "getting a punter handle your "ungimmicked" deck like in the demo", I'm not sure if there is a second demo I didn't see? I didn't see anyone other than the performer handle the deck in the demo I watched. What I described is EXACTLY what Laura did in the beginning of the trailer.
Https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=702970&forum=218