(Close Window)
Topic: No Gimmick Bill Switch—Leirpoll
[url=http://www.leirpoll.com/video/view_bill.htm]Check this video out[/url], very good bill switch.
Jay Marshall has an excellent version.
You can out David Regals DVD.He has a bill switch.
I bought this tape a few years ago when it came out. I did not care for anything on it even though the reviews were good.

Koslowski's $100 bill switch orginally came with instructions to do the switch without the gimmick.

I will have to look at the tape again and see why I did not care for it.
I thought this post was about Leirpolls Bill Switch???
Maybe not?!
Leirpolls Bill Switch is Koslowski's $100 Bill Switch as he mentions on his tape "Pocket Power". As a matter of fact they may be the same, as it has been some years since I have read the original manuscript.

After reviewing the tape again, I would say that it is the same bill switch without the TT, as mentioned previously, this is discribed in the original manuscript.

Personally, I do not find anything that interesting on the tape, as I originally purchased it for the toilet paper to egg idea. Not very powerful. Then his idea for liquid in newspaper. His idea of using shoe leather waterproofing liquid, I did not care for either.

I would have to say to save your money on this tape. There are some tips for beginners in magic that may be of interest.
I didn't care for this tapes either. Sold it right away.
Slightly off topic, but I have his Pocket Power book and I really enjoyed the stuff on misdirection. (One of my many weaknesses.)

As far as the bill change is concerned, I don't normally carry my TT around so it's nice for an imprompto bill change.
[list][*]I liked the tape, even though it's not really the kind of material I perform[*]I like having a no-gimmick bill switch[*]I liked the lessons in misdirection, even bad jokes as misdirection[*]I appreciated the thought and scripting that went into the construction of the longer routines[/list]Jack Shalom
Not too long ago, in Secret Sessions, I published my "Billion Dollar Bill Switch", look for it. :kermit:
[url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=43657&forum=37]Here is Pete's offering[/url]

Enjoy!
Thanks for the link... I never can figure out how to do that. :kermit:
Pete:

So how did the 'showdown' go?
Anyone ever do the Jennings' Bill Switch from [i]The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings[/i]? No TT used and it's quite practical. I hardly ever see anyone mention it anywhere.
When I developed my switch, I used Roger Klause's fold. I also used the Leirpoll handling to show me that a type of equipment was needed to convincingly show the hands empty. Since the equipment used in his routine wasn't natural for me to do, I developed my own. I've been doing my handling since the mid-90s and it has served me well, even when spectators burn my hands.
I have never done a Bill Switch, which one should I start with???
Showdown? The other feller was a NO SHOW... so I just did it for others.
[quote]
On 2004-06-10 01:48, Kjellstrom wrote:
I have never done a Bill Switch, which one should I start with???
[/quote]
The Leirpoll Switch is good to start with, as is the Roger Klause switch (from Ammar's Encore 3), that uses a tip. Then you can distill the best features from the switches and develop your own.