(Close Window)
Topic: Ancient Zodiac Seals
From the creator who brought us the complete set of Lesser Key of Solomon coins comes this new project.

I wonder what interesting uses we can come up with for these...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/casting/ancient-zodiac-seals-taken-from-a-16th-century-grimoire?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=zodiac%20coins
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Nov 29, 2019 06:21PM)
Darn . . . I wish you hadn't found these . . . or told us about them. I don't really need to spend more money. That being said, I immediately backed this.

I'm sorry I missed out on the Lesser Key of Solomon coins. :-(
Philemon, these are quite reasonably priced. It does seem like a no-brainer. Now, how to use them...
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Nov 29, 2019 08:12PM)
The story begins thusly . . .

"Today, horoscopes are a bit of harmless fun; a daily assortment of vague pronouncements printed daily in the last few remaining newspapers. But in the old times, the aspects associated with each sign of the zodiac, were a matter of life and death. Enter our protagonist, Michel de Nostredame, who used the movements of the wandering stars as inspiration for 924 quatrains, thought to be the most accurate prognostications ever penned. What is not known is he actually wrote 1000 verses, but those last remaining 76 rhymes were deemed far too dangerous for the common man to know.

"Of course, instead of being destroyed (as they probably should have been), their hidden knowledge has been passed down to only the most elite members of a certain secret society, but I can say no more. So don't ask me how I came into possession of this final unpublished chapter of Nostradamus's famous work, Les Prophéties. But these words will not simply yield their secrets to just anyone, and we will need these ancient seals of each zodiac sign to make sense of what may first appear to be mere ramblings . . . "
Those were cool!!!!!
I feel like these could find a use with Gemini's new mirror.
Backed
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Dec 14, 2019 02:50PM)
[quote]On Nov 30, 2019, Mad0hatter wrote:
I feel like these could find a use with Gemini's new mirror. [/quote]

There's a bit of a mismatch between easy identification of the astrological symbols on the coins and the more conventional illustrations used on the mirror. However, with a little ingenuity, I agree that there's a possibility of using the coins along with the mirror. Since the image in the mirror can be customized, then you could have the mirror display a facsimile of the symbol on the coin.
[quote]On Dec 14, 2019, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
There's a bit of a mismatch between easy identification of the astrological symbols on the coins and the more conventional illustrations used on the mirror. However, with a little ingenuity, I agree that there's a possibility of using the coins along with the mirror. Since the image in the mirror can be customized, then you could have the mirror display a facsimile of the symbol on the coin. [/quote]The mirror reveal is my least favorite part of Gemini's item. And while I'm not 100% sure how I was thinking using the mirror (or that coin now that I know it exists) as like some kind of intro opening with it's familiar iconography before diving in to the heavy magic of zodiac seals. In my experience the zodiac is one of those things where people always think they know it all when really they know very little. I'm still going back and forth with a friend over that whole 13th sign the stars have shifted nonsense.
A ring of coins, a circle of prophesy, like a clock marking time as the year turns. Channel the Curator with coins and cards...