(Close Window)
Topic: UF Grant's Nu way OOTW
Hi all,

I'm a big fan of the OOTW variation above, as it's quick, slick and elegant, and seems impossible to a spectator. I have one little frustration with it though.

For people familiar with this variation, the final reveal requires a 'JW turnover', which (as I interpret it) means that when the second (squared up) pile is ribbon spread, there is just one face down card (the second marker card)??

This seems anomalous as if I was a spectator I'd expect either both marker cards in that pile to be reversed (or neither?!?). Hope this makes sense. I wondered what others thought of this, whether you present it in a slightly different way, or am I running when not being chased?!?

Cheers
I move the marker card in squaring up the piles to the top of the pile...to remove the discrepancy I slide it over the cards as they are squared up underneath
[quote]On Mar 9, 2020, mattH wrote:
I move the marker card in squaring up the piles to the top of the pile...to remove the discrepancy I slide it over the cards as they are squared up underneath [/quote]

Thanks Matt!! I just saw your post, so I'm going to have a play around with this when I get home tonight. Thanks again.

Steve
Matt, there is also a nice subtlety at the end of an effect called 'my way out of this world' by Larry Hass which I just found out about :)
Yes...actually a very simple solution