(Close Window)
Topic: Pass or half-pass for small packet?
Hi folks,

Does anyone know of an easy-ish method to do what I described in my subject line? I ask partly because I love packet tricks, and partly because, for some reason, I sometimes seem to learn packet sleights more quickly than full-deck ones. So perhaps a small packet pass would be a good step toward learning a full-deck one. Also a small-packet pass could (I assume) be used as a color change, something I need for a trick I want to learn. The packet color changes I know of are either noisy or too hard for me.

I did a search and didn't find anything, but it's easy to miss things.

Thanks,

Bob
Pugh's Pass, which is performed by Ray Kosby during "Quick 3 way" on issue 31 of Reel Magic
You may want to look into Lee Asher's Asher Twist. The linked video teaches an entire trick, but the move involved sounds like part of what you're looking for.

https://www.leeasher.com/store/asher-twist-amazing-card-trick-tutorial.php
Thanks, mantel and Sean. I'll look into these.

Bob
Sean, thanks for the link.
I see some other items in the store that are intriguing and tempting too... and I am trying to save $. :hmm:
I'm with you, Wravyn. Naturally I appreciate people's suggestions, but I'm always hoping that they happen to mention something that I already own!
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Mar 15, 2020 06:37PM)
Bob Farmer has a couple of sleights that may serve your needs. The first appears to be turning over the packet. The second appears to be a twisting action of the packet. These are, in order, Turnantula and Squist.
Thanks so much, Jon. I always appreciate hearing your ideas. Do you know how hard these sleights are? I seem to learn so slowly... I have one full-deck DL that's in pretty good shape, and my EC is close to being performance-ready (though today I was all thumbs again -- hopefully that won't persist). That's just to give you an idea of where I (still) am.

Bob