(Close Window)
Topic: Mark Mason's BlackPool Release- "The No-choice Wallet"
Has anyone received an email from Mark Mason about a new effect called "The No-Choice Wallet". Sounds amazing! No video demo yet so I am wondering how clean this actually looks. Here is the ad copy:

No Choice Wallet
By Tony Miller

A Mark Mason Magic Exclusive.

18 months ago, Tony Miller sent me an idea using a small leather credit card/money holder wallet. Although I loved the concept, in my opinion, it really needed to be redesigned. Tony has now tweaked and re-tweaked this incredible concept. I was then set the task of thinking of a routine as good as the wallet itself.

Here it is..
A small credit card wallet is placed on the table. A deck of cards is GENUINELY SHUFFLED. The spectator removes ANY CARD. This card is slid into the clear credit card holder (NO SWITCH ETC)

The wallet is flipped over so to show a money clip on the back. Under the clip, there is one banknote. (ANY NOTE FROM ANY COUNTRY CAN BE USED). The wallet is HANDED TO THE SPECTATOR.

THEY remove the note from the clip. Written on the note, in big bold black marker, is: YOU WILL CHOOSE THE JACK OF CLUBS.

THEY slide out THEIR CHOSEN CARD. It really is the JACK OF CLUBS!

You claim they really had NO CHOICE. The SAME deck is handed to them: EVERY CARD IS BLANK!

You will love the method, it is such a brilliant idea.

The wallet is only 3 3/4 inches x 2 3/4 inches (9.5cm x 7.5cm)
You can put everyday objects inside, cash, cards, driver's licence etc
Also comes with other bonus ideas and handlings.
It can be a different card every time.
INCREDIBLE PRICE FOR THIS QUALITY AND EFFECT. ONLY $50.00
Itís already on Blackpool 2020 releases Gaz 🙂

We did not expect to receive these in time for the Blackpool Magic Convention. We only have a limited number. Every piece is hand made by Tony Miller.

You will not believe how clean the NO CHOICE WALLET really is

ONLY AVAILABLE DIRECT FROM US!!

PLEASE NOTE
THIS EFFECT IS NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED.
IT IS NOT YET LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE.

ANY QUESTIONS
You can contact me by email
Email: jbmmarkmason@aol.com

No Choice Wallet
By Tony Miller

A Mark Mason Magic Exclusive.

18 months ago, Tony Miller sent me an idea using a small leather credit card/money holder wallet. Although I loved the concept, in my opinion, it really needed to be redesigned. Tony has now tweaked and re-tweaked this incredible concept. I was then set the task of thinking of a routine as good as the wallet itself.

Here it is..
A small credit card wallet is placed on the table. A deck of cards is GENUINELY SHUFFLED. The spectator removes ANY CARD. This card is slid into the clear credit card holder (NO SWITCH ETC)

The wallet is flipped over so to show a money clip on the back. Under the clip, there is one banknote. (ANY NOTE FROM ANY COUNTRY CAN BE USED). The wallet is HANDED TO THE SPECTATOR.

THEY remove the note from the clip. Written on the note, in big bold black marker, is: YOU WILL CHOOSE THE JACK OF CLUBS.

THEY slide out THEIR CHOSEN CARD. It really is the 7 OF CLUBS!
Itís on Blackpool 2020 new releases Gaz 🙂

You claim they really had NO CHOICE. The SAME deck is handed to them: EVERY CARD IS BLANK!

You will love the method, it is such a brilliant idea.

The wallet is only 3 3/4 inches x 2 3/4 inches (9.5cm x 7.5cm)
You can put everyday objects inside, cash, cards, driver's licence etc
Also comes with other bonus ideas and handlings.

INCREDIBLE PRICE FOR THIS QUALITY AND EFFECT £40.00
Except it was the 7 of Clubs for the reveal which wasnít as impressive imho Gaz 🙂
At least itís the same suit. :sun:
Mark sent out another Email as that was a typo and it should say Jack of Clubs instead of 7 of Clubs.

Robert
Website New Ideas Contact Testimonials

My apologies for the massive typo in the original newsletter. It should read. THEY slide out THEIR CHOSEN CARD. It really is the JACK OF CLUBS!

We did not expect to receive these in time for the Blackpool Magic Convention. We only have a limited number. Every piece is hand made by Tony Miller.

You will not believe how clean the NO CHOICE WALLET really is

ONLY AVAILABLE DIRECT FROM US!!

PLEASE NOTE
THIS EFFECT IS NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED.
IT IS NOT YET LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE.

ANY QUESTIONS
You can contact me by email
Email: jbmmarkmason@aol.com
Sounds great. So what will MM be hawking at BP this year?
Cha-ching!!! Thanks Gaz!
I ordered Manilla and Initial Shock. Should have them any day now.
I'm tired of card tricks.

But who am I so please move along.
I do this with my Himber wallet all the time !
Almost certain how this works, but if it can be cleanly done as in the promo (i.e., the spec can remove the card from the wallet), then I am interested. Tony Miller always makes beautifully crafted stuff.
[quote]On Feb 7, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
I ordered Manilla and Initial Shock. Should have them any day now. [/quote]

Anxious to hear your thoughts.
He's coming to the local Magic Road Show in March, I'll pick them up then...would love to see a demo of the Tony Miller one, as that sounds very interesting.
As someone above mentioned, though, I too am kind of tired of card tricks.
[quote]On Feb 7, 2020, tophatter wrote:
I do this with my Himber wallet all the time ! [/quote]

But is your himber examinable and allows the speccy to remove the card?
There's only one Tony Miller! :bigdance:
[quote]On Feb 8, 2020, westo wrote:
There's only one Tony Miller! :bigdance: [/quote]

I know a Tony Miller but he doesnít make quality wallets , so my guess is there is at least 2 !😂
This sounds really interesting! I may have to pick it up. I would like to see a live demo though. Although, Marks aways been upfront and honest about his products.
Mark Mason produces quality routines and props.
Unfortunately, I can't make the Blackpool convention.
So, I eagerly await reviews on these items!
I will be checking this out the day before the convention if Mark sets up the day before ( he normally does ) . I will post my initial thoughts here Gaz 🙂
There's only two Tony Miller's ! :bigdance:
[quote]On Feb 8, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I will be checking this out the day before the convention if Mark sets up the day before ( he normally does ) . I will post my initial thoughts here Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Thanks Gaz
No problem Brett my friend Gaz 🙂
Just received notification from Mark that mine has shipped, and I should have it in couple of days. Will offer my thoughts then...
Great stuff rosariorose9 I very much look forward to it Gaz 🙂
Doomo - Thinking like a magician the Spectator could care less if they remove the card from the wallet the trick Is over ! and who lets anyone go through there wallet can I look through your wallet with cash & your credit cards NO ! Just my opinion here .
I mean you can do this with the Horwitz wallet as that locks as soon as you put the card in and hand it to them . They can only then open the force side ,
I think if you are going to go down the examinable route it comes down to how truly examinable it is if that is the selling point Gaz 🙂
Mines is on it's way also....I particularly like the design of this one tho...with 90 per cent of the card visible in the window ...there seem nothing untoward at all.
Ok, I have received this and had an opportunity to view the instructions.

The look, feel are pretty good and the quality of the wallet seems to be pretty good.

The instructions are temporary and it says that revised instructions are going to be uploaded at some later point, I hope that is correct. The instructions for the main routine, two versions, are over two videos and total approx. 9 minutes and 44 seconds, with another routine on a separate video clocking in at 3 minutes and 15 seconds. The instructions are adequate to get the point across, but that's about it. There is no live performance, no Mark Mason, etc... Again, I hope they do revise them as they are sparse.

The instructions recommend, and it really is needed but not absolutely necessary, another item that isn't included and you will have to find the materials and make it yourself -- this really should have been included.

I like the wallet and can, and probably will use it. I think it will play even though it isn't logical to put a card in the wallet to turn around a few seconds later and remove it -- but I had already considered that before I ordered and believe that to be a non-issue for the lay person. However, I will tell you that MOST people will be uncomfortable with the sleight necessary to pull this off, and with the current instructions there are no alternatives. When the instructions are updated, maybe they will include an alternate method and I haven't had it long enough to come up with anything else at this point. I have no issue with the method necessary and think that even there is an alternate included later, this is probably the most direct method and the one that I would probably use. I do wish they would have included the other item as I do believe that it better than the alternative, which was not addressed.

Overall, I think the item is good and probably worth the money to some, but it is currently an incomplete package.

Robert
Great review Robert. Thanks for posting.
Great review Robert I havenít watched the tutorial as yet but did see Mark dem this stack loads of times so I know what to do . However if like you say the instructions arenít complete they will be very soon fingers crossed Gaz 🙂
Killer in Manilla is top notch! Easy, direct and fooling!

[quote]On Feb 15, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Great review Robert I havenít watched the tutorial as yet but did see Mark dem this stack loads of times so I know what to do . However if like you say the instructions arenít complete they will be very soon fingers crossed Gaz 🙂 [/quote]
I agree with Nat on Killer In Manilla clever clever method Gaz 👍🙂
[quote]On Feb 15, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I agree with Nat on Killer In Manilla clever clever method Gaz 👍🙂 [/quote]

No Choice Wallet : Terrific with two excellent handlings!
No demo? Not having a demo is scary.
Where did you guys order from.
I am also interested and would like to have a closer look and probably order this.
Contact Mark Mason
Thanks for getting back to me. What would be the easiest/fastest way for me to contact him? Feel free to pm me if you wouldn't like to share personal contact information on this thread.
Thanks in advance.
I have watched the tutorial I liked it a lot . No frills but less is more with this I believe .
The move is simple , invisible and itís a devious well made gimmick .
I believe this effect will actually help a lot people who do a similar thing with a deck of cards and maybe are new to magic .
It will give a lot of confidence and also help your practice generally .
Iím very impressed with this Gaz 🙂
Can someone who has it post a picture here of what it looks like? Without exposing any of the secret features of course.
Jbmmarkmason@aol.com
Would love to see a pic too, if possible.
Mark posted this photo on his Facebook page, so should be OK to share here:
https://i.imgur.com/F4COopi.jpg
Thanks David
That looks like the ph one??
I know for a fact the one pictured at least is Tonyís , best wishes Gaz 🙂
Not sure if Tony Miller is active on the Cafť.
But if you are Tony was this originally called the hydra wallet?
I think I bought it from you a couple of years ago?
Thanks
Andy
Looks like the front of his hydra-wallet but in the photo it does not look like there is a clip in the back.
Maybe this wallet from Tony Miller?
https://youtu.be/ameRJA7GjAA
Hi DJ
That was the video for the hydra wallet I guess 7 way out wallet was another name for it ?
Cheers
Andy
[quote]On Feb 19, 2020, andykean wrote:
Hi DJ
That was the video for the hydra wallet I guess 7 way out wallet was another name for it ?
Cheers
Andy [/quote]

Yes this is an updated version of my Hydra wallet. I never made more than 10 a year as it was a stone pain in the a** to make in fact I simply stopped making them entirely. They originally sold for 150 dollars. But about a year ago I came across a sewing jig that made it soooo much easier. So long story short Mark Mason said it is pretty cool and it could now be made relatively easily and... Tah Dah Hope that helps...

Tony
Thanks Tony
Appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Your products are superb I use your original speedloader as my everyday wallet.
Glad I bought two as I am now on the second one.
Plus occasionally the badger comes out to play.
Best wishes to you and Rose
Andy
Any word when we get the other videos.

Steve
Why would you put the card in the wallet? I love the wallet, but the effect seems underwhelming.
[quote]On Feb 20, 2020, Steven Conner wrote:
Any word when we get the other videos.

Steve [/quote]

Well as I am kind of swamped making these and other things for folx. But I think you will be happy as one of them is a full surface peek that leaves it in examinable state. and two others.

Tony
To Tony I love the videos just as they are , great very simple effect and plays very strong Gaz 🙂
The Horwitz wallet is superior, no need to have giant hands to ditch the gimmick for the switch. Perhaps Mark will come up with a sensational handling for it, who knows as he hasn't done so yet. For the moment I'll get use from it as a money clip so not all is lost.
I use the Horwitz at every gig but would never use it for this effect as itís not completely clean like the no choice wallet .
I have this and itís very very good imo Gaz 🙂
I for one shy away from sleights and difficult moves but I very much like the No-Choice wallet. The 'move' is well covered.
A very clean full surface peek is being added to the instructions this weekend.
:dancing:
Asked Mark how to buy, as I was previously gonna pick up at Magic Roadshow
Ok the full surface peek is added to the instructions!
Excellent Tony , thank you Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: UnbiasedMagicReviews (Mar 16, 2020 03:44PM)
My review with demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir98pwde4W4
[quote]On Mar 16, 2020, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
My review with demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir98pwde4W4 [/quote]

Great review! I have had Tony's Hydra Wallet for years now and it is still in the same shape as when I purchased it. Love the Hydra/No-Choice Wallet, so easy to use and very fooling! With the Hydra you have 7 outs which I use for the seven days of the week routine, at the end of the routine the spectator decides what day and when they take the card out it's the day they chose. This wallet has sealed some gigs for me, it's that good! Though with the Hydra you don't end clean but that never mattered, no one has ever questioned the wallet since it looks so innocent.

RNK
[quote]On Feb 20, 2020, paperinick wrote:
Why would you put the card in the wallet? I love the wallet, but the effect seems underwhelming. [/quote]

Not from a spectators point of view it isnít. Itís to easy to look at an effect through a magicians eyes. Have you seen mark dem it. Itís all justified and trust me the spectators are truly floored.
In the process of adding more mentalism type shtuff to it. I just for some reason thought that they preferred the quick slap you in the face suff.
I love the quick slap em in the face stuff Tony .
Totally agree with Rowland I bought this after knowing exactly what it then seeing Mark do it live .
Floors everyone itís beautiful Gaz 🙂
Question:

First of all: I did not read all 4 pages of posts. Sorry.

Is the Money Clip Strong enough to be used to ditch a Tripple Magnetic Morgan set?

If so that would be great because it's a Multi-use Wallet
Practically you can achieve the same trick using an Humber wallet.....
Whatís the point of this?
[quote]On Mar 17, 2020, Fero wrote:
Whatís the point of this? [/quote]

True except a Himber wallet cannot be examined at the end of the routine like this wallet. Also, the process using a Himber wallet would not look as clean as it would with the No-Choice wallet.
Agree with you totally RNK , Gaz 🙂

In addition to the above reply, it also allows for a very deceptive pēēk as well as other things I'd prefer not to mention on what is an open forum. Perhaps something to take downstairs.
And I just got sent an absolutely lovely piece of drawing duplication that as per usual leaves everything examinable and looks amazing. Oh and it should be able to steal those coins.
Looks like this is going to be a great multi tool....well done Rose
:dancing:
Here is Mark Mason Demoing No Choice Wallet.

[youtube]XAeLgCNgP3k[/youtube]
Wait till ya try the drawing duplication routine...

Tony
Does anyone know of any USA dealers that have this in stock?
Email Mark Mason direct at his site and he will look after you Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Apr 3, 2020, dman11 wrote:
Does anyone know of any USA dealers that have this in stock? [/quote]

Yes ! Mark Mason
[quote]On Apr 3, 2020, cardbiker wrote:

Yes ! Mark Mason [/quote]

I tried that, the site says Out of Stock
[quote]On Apr 3, 2020, cardbiker wrote:

Yes ! Mark Mason [/quote]

I tried that, the site says Out of Stock [/quote]

Did you email Mark?
Email Mark personally , it will say out of stock as they are not uploaded on his website yet .
He has some of each of these effects right now Gaz 🙂
Especially likely that Mark has some since the roadshow and all magic gatherings are canceled or postponed right now.
Emailed. he doesn't have any left
Well he did have earlier today for certain Gaz 🙂
He has a new shipment on its way as we speak.
Mines taken a while, and that's to be expected 🤓 but it'll be with me tomorrow apparently 👍
[quote]On Apr 6, 2020, Doomo wrote:
He has a new shipment on its way as we speak. [/quote]

that's great to hear...one of those bad boys is reserved :)
[quote]On Apr 6, 2020, dman11 wrote:
[quote]On Apr 6, 2020, Doomo wrote:
He has a new shipment on its way as we speak. [/quote]

that's great to hear...one of those bad boys is reserved :) [/quote]

I am making these as fast as I can. And with supply chains bollixed up I am having a hard time getting the proper vinyl for the windows and the proper shim and other things so fingers crossed.

Tony
[quote]On Apr 6, 2020, IAIN wrote:
Mines taken a while, and that's to be expected 🤓 but it'll be with me tomorrow apparently 👍 [/quote]

Turns out it's not the wallet, but a bottle of dark rum...

Tracking says it left Miami on the 1st of April, so it'll get here when it gets here...👍
Attn. Members:

Back in stock. Hurry!
So after watching this once, the word palming is involved if you don't mind having to go to your pocket then all good. otherwise the word clean only applies after the palm. Oh, it was said the move is invisible if you watch the review and the performance you can see it was not invisible you can see it in his hand :dice:

Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir98pwde4W4
Yes but only as he clearly shows it in his review . Itís unseen in a real performance from a spectators view point Gaz 🙂
Hi, Mr. LondonN8,

That wasn't a very good demo, as we all know. Please see Mr. Mark Mason's wonderful (Blackpool) demo., on pg. 4.
(Spec.'s are always following the $$$)

:)
p.s. I have this wallet
[quote]On Apr 13, 2020, Sixten wrote:
Hi, Mr. LondonN8,

That wasn't a very good demo, as we all know. Please see Mr. Mark Mason's wonderful (Blackpool) demo., on pg. 4.

p.s. I have this wallet [/quote]

I also have this, well the Hydra Wallet which is this plus more outs but I can attest that not once has anyone ever noticed the adding or removal of the gimmick. This wallet has the potential to create some very powerful routines. Also, Tony's craftsmanship is second to none! So beautifully made!
Ok I have heard from Mark and lots of you. He will have another load by the end of the week!

Tony
And yes the new batch just shipped to Mark...

Tony
Has anyone who ordered in the UK received theirs yet? I ordered 4 weeks ago, but it still hasn't arrived.
I know the postal service is a bit messed up at the moment, but have had other regular post from USA arrive in under 14 days.
Mine came today...tracking was very odd, as it landed in London, I paid a fee, then it went back to Miami!

Then nothing for a few days and tadah...arrived...

Anyway, initial impression is that it's not quite for me...it's very clever and works smoothly...just a 'me' thing...
[quote]On Apr 16, 2020, IAIN wrote:
Mine came today...tracking was very odd, as it landed in London, I paid a fee, then it went back to Miami!

Then nothing for a few days and tadah...arrived...

Anyway, initial impression is that it's not quite for me...it's very clever and works smoothly...just a 'me' thing... [/quote]

Hi Ian if you decide to sell I would like to pick one up. Im in the UK to.
Thanks
Btw it was shipped on the 22nd of last month, and I paid the import duty of £11.40 if that helps...
[quote]On Apr 13, 2020, RNK wrote:
[quote]On Apr 13, 2020, Sixten wrote:
Hi, Mr. LondonN8,

p.s. I have this wallet [/quote]

Yes Agree completely you can see the palm (POINT)

I also have this, well the Hydra Wallet which is this plus more outs but I can attest that not once has anyone ever noticed the adding or removal of the gimmick. This wallet has the potential to create some very powerful routines. Also, Tony's craftsmanship is second to none! So beautifully made! [/quote]
:applause:
I like Mark Masonís thinking a lot, and the quality of Tony Millerís products is legendary, so I decided to order the No Choice Wallet.

This is really clever.

The instructional videos that come with the wallet are excellent, including one from David at Unbiased Magic Reviews with a great routine called Dummy Billet.

The very clever thinking combined with several great routines taught in clear and concise on-line videos and superb craftsmanship make this an outstanding product.

Very well done!
Hi there Stunninger, Can you please go into a bit more detail like when taking the something away, is this easier than if palming a card from the top of a deck and will this last a long time. Is it really well made I have The real mand speed loader by Tony Miller It's quality :dice:
This is 10 times easier than palming a card imo as the way the gimmick is constructed itís almost automatic . On top of that the next thing you naturally have to do in the routine completely covers everything itís so so natural and motivated .
There is also a further aid which those who have will know makes it easier still .
Itís really a great product from the manufacturing to the method and the routine Gaz 🙂
Sounds like a real worker not one for the draw many thanks Gaz :cheers:
I went ahead and ordered this. Looks really good.
[quote]On Mar 17, 2020, RNK wrote:

True except a Himber wallet cannot be examined at the end of the routine like this wallet. Also, the process using a Himber wallet would not look as clean as it would with the No-Choice wallet. [/quote]

I donít know why everyone is obsessed that everything must be given out to be examined

No one hands out a wallet to be examined !
True but with this routine you naturally let them remove the card from the wallet at the end as itís not a wallet in the traditional sense imo Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Apr 20, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
True but with this routine you naturally let them remove the card from the wallet at the end as itís not a wallet in the traditional sense imo Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Yes, and further if you are asked by someone to see the wallet you can confidently let them examine it since it is not a "traditional wallet". I have used this prop for years now and a few times I was asked by the spectator if they could see the wallet and it's nice to say, "sure, check it out".
For those ordering in the UK be prepared to pay an extra 11 quid customs charge
Like RNK, I have also had this year for about five or six years now. I never got the multiple outs with it, as Tony was showing me the prototypes at the magic shop one day. But I carried it every day as a money clip and final location for an Ambitious Card as I was loading it rather than unloading it. I would have it laying on the table from the outset, (taking my Extreme Burn out of the money clip portion and turning $1's to $100's) and leaving the wallet face down on the table. After an Ambitious Card routine, I would load the signed card into the gimmick and ask them to turn over the wallet. As I reached for the wallet to pick it up, it was much simpler for me to add it onto the wallet in the motion of picking it up. Was a fast natural fit. And then I would hold it as they pulled the card out. So, this way, you don't end clean, but you also have the wallet in play for as long as you want. For Mark's routine, you could have them slide the card into the wallet, and then you just simply add the gimmick on while picking up. Less heat that way in my honest opinion.

Either way, adding on or stealing off, Tony manufactured a very clever utility device. Never have ever been disappointed in a Tony Miller leather wallet. And I should know, I own about five of them, and card indexes.
Nice that you can use it as either a load or steal.
Any word on when Tony will be shipping more of these to Mark?
[quote]On Apr 20, 2020, cardbiker wrote:
For those ordering in the UK be prepared to pay an extra 11 quid customs charge [/quote]

Why not mark the item as ďeducationalĒ so no import charges?
Exactly Pegasus I always tell US dealers to do that and not once have I ever got charged a dollar since .
Perfectly legal , perfectly logical .
Infact I a have told many a dealer this over the years and they said ď I never thought of that and have done it ever since ď .
Magic is an education and I learned this trick after getting stung once many many years ago Gaz 🙂
Educational should be the norm by now!
I purchased Deal or Not Deal and also the No Choice Wallet because they are basically the same effect but use 2 different methods.
Both are very good products, well-made and very fooling.

Because of our current pandemic I havenít been able to show them to multiple spectators but I do believe I prefer the No Choice Wallet. It costs a little more but is more versatile and can be used in a variety of different ways, including more mentalism type effects.

I also prefer that you are left totally clean at the end and EVERY single thing can be handled or examined by the spectator. I know many people are quick to say this isnít necessary and very often it isnít, however when you perform a lot of effects to the same people as I often do, they become less reserved over time about asking to see things. So itís always a freeing feeling when it isnít even a concern. Plus, I will probably at times choose not to do the blank deck finale and then I can go into the effect after having used the deck prior or immediately follow it with anything and not have to ditch cards or anything.

I also prefer the freedom in having the card selected. They can say stop, select from a ribbon spread, name any number up to 52, etc. And even though the small amount of audience management possibly needed for the selection in Not Deal is very minimal I still enjoy it not ever being a concern at all.

So even though both are excellent effects and methods, my personal preference is for the No Choice Wallet, beautifully made by Tony Miller.
[quote]On Apr 20, 2020, cardbiker wrote:
For those ordering in the UK be prepared to pay an extra 11 quid customs charge [/quote]

The reason I havenít and will not be ordering.
[quote]On May 12, 2020, videoman wrote:
I purchased Deal or Not Deal and also the No Choice Wallet because they are basically the same effect but use 2 different methods.
Both are very good products, well-made and very fooling.

Because of our current pandemic I havenít been able to show them to multiple spectators but I do believe I prefer the No Choice Wallet. It costs a little more but is more versatile and can be used in a variety of different ways, including more mentalism type effects.

I also prefer that you are left totally clean at the end and EVERY single thing can be handled or examined by the spectator. I know many people are quick to say this isnít necessary and very often it isnít, however when you perform a lot of effects to the same people as I often do, they become less reserved over time about asking to see things. So itís always a freeing feeling when it isnít even a concern. Plus, I will probably at times choose not to do the blank deck finale and then I can go into the effect after having used the deck prior or immediately follow it with anything and not have to ditch cards or anything.

I also prefer the freedom in having the card selected. They can say stop, select from a ribbon spread, name any number up to 52, etc. And even though the small amount of audience management possibly needed for the selection in Not Deal is very minimal I still enjoy it not ever being a concern at all.

So even though both are excellent effects and methods, my personal preference is for the No Choice Wallet, beautifully made by Tony Miller. [/quote]

This , I totally agree as also own both . Best wishes to all Gaz 🙂
Great enthusiasm here ...I will be digging mine out again. I put it to the side with other
Magic When I got involved in learning something else. I will immediately put it back list of the to do.
Iíd like to take up on gazís Very valid point with regards to import duty. I frequently order from the USA and find import duty is well out of proportion to the item ordered, to such an extent I stopped three orders this week. One dealer wanted twice the cost of the item ordered in post and charges. It should be shown down as educational material and I believe Congress were due to debate legally recognising magic as such.
You often find tricks consists of pieces of wood or a packet of cards or DVD that cost nothing. Itís the value put on the idea that raises the value to tax
Now days the idea is not even in the shipment itís on a download so where so why not put the value as it is £1.50 pkt cards. Imports from China have it worked out and I couldnít post it in this country for the same price they do. Back on subject I have seen Mark Demo many times att Blackpool and he never fails to make me smile with his enthusiasm as he takes my money . I have bought from Mark times and never been let down and so with the feedback on here and Marks demo I am sure Iím onto a winner.
Now that Mark Mason will be shipping products from the UK, I guess that customs duties etc will no longer be an issue.
Darn, completely removed from Marks website. I wonder what happened.....
Hi everybody--now that this is back in stock, and not wanting to read 7 pages worth, can someone please let me know the difficulty level? While this is expensive it would be great for hobbyists doing effects for family and friends if easy enough. Thanks in advance.
2 out of 5 difficulty level imo with 1 being considered self working .
There is one thing you have to do which is pretty much automatic and itís beautifully misdirected in the context of the routine .
Itís a super clean ending to a very fooling effect imo Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Jul 20, 2020, dman11 wrote:
Darn, completely removed from Marks website. I wonder what happened..... [/quote]

They are back now.
Nice effect and appreciate the reviews. The promo cuts away when dirty work is done and the on-line review/demo, which is much appreciated, shows a "handful" to deal with, flash included, so not sure how different this to some pal.ming methods out there, with the need to go to your pocket? Am I missing something?
What effects with a palming method that achieve the same as this are already out there ?
Regards Gaz 🙂
Thanks Gaz!
The DIRTY work is so totally covered as to be rather laughable! I have done this under pretty much all conditions and it is incredibly clean.

Tony
I got this a while ago, but as Firestorm60 said above, it got set to the side, I'm so easily distracted...got it out again today and watched Tony Millers instruction...wow, this is a great trick! I must practice the one "small" move. To any wondering, this is just about self-working.
Does anyone else find these blank deck endings to be totally illogical?

There are 52 cards. You predict the single card the spectator will choose. Therefore as long as the remaining 51 cards are different to the predicted card, it matters not one bit what is printed on the remaining 51 cards.

If the other 51 are just regular playing cards, pictures of elephants, blank cards or whatever else, it changes absolutely nothing in terms of the probability of getting the prediction right. It really doesn't.
You are completely right Tony but something about a blank deck reveal at the end seems to floor spectators . I think itís the fact they are not expecting a blank deck to ever exist . You could do the whole effect face up and then reveal the card chosen is the only blue backed card in a red back deck too . Or just play it with a regular deck as like you say the probability of them selecting it is still 1/52 but somehow a blank deck seems to inflate those odds incorrectly in their minds , also the rest of the deck could be all jokers etc instead of blanks and that still seems to blow them away more than a regular deck . I like using blanks or maybe all jokers as I like to say the line ď I know what you are thinking , you probably think these cards are all the same and all ( your force card ) . You then say well to be fair these cards are actually all the same but they are blank / jokers etc . Just my two cents Gaz 🙂
Yes Gaz, I'm sure you are right about most spectators finding the black deck ending impressive, as illogical as it is. I guess it's one of those things that makes no sense but is just so.

On one had I find it annoying for some reason that spectators are duped by something that it so obvious, but on the other hand, why should I complain if we get a free bonus in terms of the impact of an effect!
Well yeah Tony I agree but itís a strong freebie and letís face it spectators get fooled by lots of obvious things by us magicians . I agree there is no real logic it except that it does prove very quickly there are no dupes of their card in the deck so the card in the wallet must be theirs . I mean it would take time for them to check there is not another one in the deck and this proves it quickly with a startling kicker to boot imo Gaz 🙂
I have both the No choice Wallet and the Weiser Wallet by Danny Weiser, both I think are ingenious in their own rights. My preference for performing the No Choice effect, is with the Weiser Wallet though, as it allows me an even more open handling of the wallet, the price to pay is the lesser inspectability

of the Weiser Wallet compared to the No Choice Wallet once the effect is done.
I have both too and I agree you can do this both but prefer to use the weiser wallet purely as a switch wallet and not for this routine , both brilliant though regards Gaz 🙂
100% agree that the blank deck is the way to go with this if you are using it as a working piece.
Great bit of magic thatís tried and tested

MoM have it on the site now shipping from the UK here:

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/no-choice

The team are adding a blank deck FREE in each pack.

Hope this helps
Dominic
Wow, you guys are very generous. Adding something that seems to be "missing" for free. Two thumbs up for MoM!
[quote]On Jul 25, 2020, magic_tony wrote:
Yes Gaz, I'm sure you are right about most spectators finding the black deck ending impressive, as illogical as it is. I guess it's one of those things that makes no sense but is just so.

On one had I find it annoying for some reason that spectators are duped by something that it so obvious, but on the other hand, why should I complain if we get a free bonus in terms of the impact of an effect! [/quote]

It makes it seem as though their choice at the start was more important, that's why people find it impressive.

If they were all printed you could have done something magical to change it, or change the money. If that was they only one printed they HAD to pick it.
I got this as an EXCLUSIVE from Mark's website. Glad to keep this exclusive where I exclusively purchased and that it's not available anywhere else with new instructions.

I think this is really nice. There a couple of things I would change about the wallet (appears to be a section that is not needed/used that could be removed).

Cool effect, as much as I would love a v2 which changed those bits slightly I hope there isn't a v2 since I already got this exclusively from Mark's website and if I already feel like I missed the new instructions I would really not like to feel like I was in a trial run.

It's nice, different way of thinking for a 'wallet'
The new thread is here...

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=717142&forum=218&10&start=0#9
Hi, I'm a novice but got sent an email by Saturn Magic about this trick. Is this okay for someone like myself to perform or do you need to learn any sleights? Also Saturn are saying that you need to get your own blank cards but on this thread I read that some companies are providing the blank cards too.

Hope someone can clarify.

Thanks

Joogy
Only matter holding me back from purchasing is .... why do you need to place a chosen card in a wallet, itís not a natural thing to do.
@Philippe - I would probably play it up as building suspense and isolating it so that the choice is cemented and cannot be changed by the spec or by sleight of hand. You want to show them the bill first and putting in the wallet is a place to keep the card without fumbling, so there is also a practical reason. I like the effect and am tempted, but I don't see myself giving up my card to wallet and wouldn't use two wallets at a gig...
[quote]On Feb 7, 2020, John C wrote:
I'm tired of card tricks.

But who am I so please move along. [/quote]

I just bought one.
Hey guys. I got this at Blackpool and have used it at several gigs. I reviewed it in the latest episode of my review show and performed a routine with it as well.

Itís a great prop and in the show I go into why itís a great prop.

Hereís the link if you would like to watch my review.

https://youtu.be/8KQBj80zTNs
There is a great review on YouTube by "Fiddlin Jonny " for this effect,although it looks a bit magic prop type wallet it is nevertheless a great effect and although I don't buy that much magic these days I am going to purchase this.Mark is a fellow Lancastrian from just up the road from me at Blackpool although he now resides in Florida
Can't wait to get mine!
Anyone know how to get to the instructional video on this? The link contained in my box does not work. Very disappointing to get this but not be able to use it
[quote]On Aug 14, 2020, lumberjohn wrote:
Anyone know how to get to the instructional video on this? The link contained in my box does not work. Very disappointing to get this but not be able to use it [/quote]

Hey Lumberjohn, I just tried it and it worked fine. It is case sensitive so look at those CAPITAL letters in the address.
It worked that time. Thanks!
Got mine. Solid routine. Quality props. An easy winner.
[quote]On Aug 14, 2020, dman11 wrote:
[quote]On Aug 14, 2020, lumberjohn wrote:
Anyone know how to get to the instructional video on this? The link contained in my box does not work. Very disappointing to get this but not be able to use it [/quote]

Hey Lumberjohn, I just tried it and it worked fine. It is case sensitive so look at those CAPITAL letters in the address. [/quote]

I donít understand why people still create passwords using characters that can be misinterpreted as something else, such as a capital letter for a number, lower case L for a capital I, etc.
They need to program all software to not allow certain characters like that the same way they donít allow certain characters to be used in domain names or file names.
Agreed. I tried this four times using different combinations because I wasnít sure. I must have typoíd the right one the first time, but why be so confusing?
[quote]On Jul 30, 2020, Craig Petty wrote:
Hey guys. I got this at Blackpool and have used it at several gigs. I reviewed it in the latest episode of my review show and performed a routine with it as well.

Itís a great prop and in the show I go into why itís a great prop.

Hereís the link if you would like to watch my review.

https://youtu.be/8KQBj80zTNs [/quote]

Great review Craig! You have a new (old) Follower 💪
I realize this is an old topic, but I have a question.

I purchased one of these last week, looks like it was dropped shipped by Murphy's Magic, not directly from Mark Mason.

Has anyone had problems inserting a playing card into the wallet, both places are so tight, that I cannot get the card to go all the way in.

I can't imagine having a spectator struggle with inserting the card.

Any solutions to this problem?
Yes, so I lighty stretched it with my fingers and then forced in about 3-4 cards and let it sit overnight to stretch it out. Spec can now easily slide it in there with no issue.
Ditto as dman.
You have to love the completely illogical nature of some magic effects. In this case, you ask the spectator to slide out a card, put it into the back of a strange looking wallet (?)(for no logical reason), reveal a bill on the other side which has a prediction written on it (why? Do people normally write anything on currency, far less predictions?) then you reveal the prediction written on the money is the name of the card placed into the wallet. But if that isn't bizarre enough you now reveal that the whole deck is blank (even though that doesn't make any difference to the impossibility, but adds another strange object that doesn't exist in the everyday world).

Bizarre.
[quote]On Oct 23, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:
You have to love the completely illogical nature of some magic effects. In this case, you ask the spectator to slide out a card, put it into the back of a strange looking wallet (?)(for no logical reason), reveal a bill on the other side which has a prediction written on it (why? Do people normally write anything on currency, far less predictions?) then you reveal the prediction written on the money is the name of the card placed into the wallet. But if that isn't bizarre enough you now reveal that the whole deck is blank (even though that doesn't make any difference to the impossibility, but adds another strange object that doesn't exist in the everyday world).

Bizarre. [/quote]

Martin

I asked a simple question.

Was your non-answer because you like to hear yourself talk?

Cause it didn't do me or anyone else any good.
[quote]On Oct 23, 2020, dman11 wrote:
Yes, so I lighty stretched it with my fingers and then forced in about 3-4 cards and let it sit overnight to stretch it out. Spec can now easily slide it in there with no issue. [/quote]

Thanks, good idea.
[quote]On Oct 23, 2020, Al Desmond wrote:

Bizarre. [/quote]

Martin

I asked a simple question.

Was your non-answer because you like to hear yourself talk?

Cause it didn't do me or anyone else any good. [/quote]

What on earth made you think I was answering your question? I'm commenting on a product for sale in Latest and Greatest, which is the purpose of the forum. I haven't even read your question, far less given a non-answer to it.

You can feel free to give your opinion, and I'll give mine. Try to keep on-topic and probably better all round to keep the personal abuse to a minimum.

Cheers,
Martin
that doesn't exist in the everyday world).

[/quote]

Why would David Copperfield fly on an arena stage and nowhere else? Still everyone in attendance finds it amazing. I feel with your kind of thinking you will miss out on great stuff that gets great reactions. As a magician you know how its working so you can pick it apart. Ive gotten fantastic reactions from this and no-one has asked my why they put the card in a wallet or when turning over the blank cards and get a "HOLY SH*T" exclamation - never have I gotten "hey those are blank cards, never saw those before" its just magic and its meant to be fun and entertaining- that's how I see it anyway. You can pick almost anything apart if you want.
that doesn't exist in the everyday world).

[/quote]

Why would David Copperfield fly on an arena stage and nowhere else? Still everyone in attendance finds it amazing. I feel with your kind of thinking you will miss out on great stuff that gets great reactions. As a magician you know how its working so you can pick it apart. Ive gotten fantastic reactions from this and no-one has asked my why they put the card in a wallet or when turning over the blank cards and get a "HOLY SH*T" exclamation - never have I gotten "hey those are blank cards, never saw those before" its just magic and its meant to be fun and entertaining- that's how I see it anyway. You can pick almost anything apart if you want. [/quote]
Why use a wallet with a money clip if everyday logic doesn't matter? Isn't that an attempt to say to the participant you're just using everyday items and not magic props? And of course you can be as bizarre and illogical as you want -the more bizarre the better as far as I'm concerned - if that is the intention of the effect; but this plays as if it is supposed to be natural and logical (a normal deck of cards, a normal wallet, an ordinary bill) but, in-fact, not a single logical action takes place.
Yes, so I lighty stretched it with my fingers and then forced in about 3-4 cards and let it sit overnight to stretch it out. Spec can now easily slide it in there with no issue. [/quote]
Ditto too Gaz 🙂
Ditto as dman, again! :)

This "illogical" nature is constantly asked about on probably half the threads on this forum.
"Why do you have a spectator write down a word?" "Why have them place it into a wallet?"

There are hundreds of questions of this type in magic and mentalism. I feel that part of being a good magician is selling the effect, even when there is an illogical aspect to it or a discrepancy of some kind. But some of them I don't care for and I don't do that effect, just as Martin doesn't care for this effect. That's fine. We all do stuff we like and I happen to like this effect.

They put their card in the wallet to isolate it (ostensibly so that it can't be switched, which is exactly what the wallet does...HA.) I know that to magicians this idea seems silly but to laymen it makes perfect sense and they readily buy into the idea that you are helping them by making it harder on yourself to get away with anything. I rather enjoy some of these elements where you get people to accept things that maybe they shouldn't.

Sometimes things that aren't typically done in the real world are what make an effect different and interesting. I find that spectators find the whole notion of having a prediction on currency (they aren't sure at the time what is meant by that in my presentation) to be something unusual and the very fact that it is out of the ordinary and unexpected draws them in to see what is going to happen, and is part of what makes the overall effect fun and entertaining for them. There is certainly a place for some effects to have every single aspect be natural and logical, but there is also a place IMO for some things to be unexpected and illogical.

Of course if every spectator thought every aspect of a trick through in a very logical way they might find some things to be odd and question them, but the vast majority don't this. Partly by nature and also because you as a performer keep things moving and don't give them an opportunity while at the same time providing reasons as to why you are doing what you are doing.
[quote]On Oct 23, 2020, videoman wrote:
Ditto as dman, again! :)

This "illogical" nature is constantly asked about on probably half the threads on this forum.
"Why do you have a spectator write down a word?" "Why have them place it into a wallet?"

There are hundreds of questions of this type in magic and mentalism. I feel that part of being a good magician is selling the effect, even when there is an illogical aspect to it or a discrepancy of some kind. But some of them I don't care for and I don't do that effect, just as Martin doesn't care for this effect. That's fine. We all do stuff we like and I happen to like this effect.

They put their card in the wallet to isolate it (ostensibly so that it can't be switched, which is exactly what the wallet does...HA.) I know that to magicians this idea seems silly but to laymen it makes perfect sense and they readily buy into the idea that you are helping them by making it harder on yourself to get away with anything. I rather enjoy some of these elements where you get people to accept things that maybe they shouldn't.

Sometimes things that aren't typically done in the real world are what make an effect different and interesting. I find that spectators find the whole notion of having a prediction on currency (they aren't sure at the time what is meant by that in my presentation) to be something unusual and the very fact that it is out of the ordinary and unexpected draws them in to see what is going to happen, and is part of what makes the overall effect fun and entertaining for them. There is certainly a place for some effects to have every single aspect be natural and logical, but there is also a place IMO for some things to be unexpected and illogical.

Of course if every spectator thought every aspect of a trick through in a very logical way they might find some things to be odd and question them, but the vast majority don't this. Partly by nature and also because you as a performer keep things moving and don't give them an opportunity while at the same time providing reasons as to why you are doing what you are doing. [/quote]
It depends on the nature of the effect. This is a prediction effect (not a magical transformation or levitation) so strange illogical events should surely be kept to a minimum, I would have thought.
I totally agree with Videoman on this , he couldnít of put it more perfectly in his detailed diligent post .
Also the spectator doesnít know exactly where the effect is going from the start ( depending on your presentation and framing of course ) .
Therefore you donít have to give the note to them as a prediction at all , you can use it as a kicker before the final double kicker .
I like this effect a lot but itís horses for courses and everyone is entitled to their own opinion . Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Martin,

It takes a performer who knows how to entertain, which is more important than any props.

Otherwise, you're just doing a trick.

In the right hands, strange illogical events become miracles.

Sleight of mouth is more important than the sleight of hand.

Real performers know this.
Martin,

It takes a performer who knows how to entertain, which is more important than any props.

Real performers know this. [/quote]

100% agree with this and anyone who performs on any regular or semi regular basis of course knows this imho Gaz 🙂
Martin,

For someone who thinks props are ultimately unimportant you seem to be getting very worked up about this prop being criticised.

I understand that some people don't care about the quality or logic of props when performing magic or mentalism, but some do. If your "sleight of mouth" is creating "miracles" with this prop I'm very pleased for you, but the question of your personal ability to entertain is completely separate from the question of the quality of a product being sold -which is what is under discussion. You'll have to get used to people having a different opinion than you on magic and mentalism products. That's the point of the forum.

Far from being a "miracle", the effect as demoed seems contrived and underwhelming to me; there are far more direct ways to achieve a much cleaner result, which is more in keeping with the premise. Maybe other routines using this particular prop will be stronger (and versatility is a brilliant thing in a prop) but the routine in the demo is a bit of a dud, for me.
Martin,

For someone who thinks props are ultimately unimportant you seem to be getting very worked up about this prop being criticised.

I understand that some people don't care about the quality or logic of props when performing magic or mentalism, but some do. If your "sleight of mouth" is creating "miracles" with this prop I'm very pleased for you, but the question of your personal ability to entertain is completely separate from the question of the quality of a product being sold -which is what is under discussion. You'll have to get used to people having a different opinion than you on magic and mentalism products. That's the point of the forum.

Far from being a "miracle", the effect as demoed seems contrived and underwhelming to me; there are far more direct ways to achieve a much cleaner result, which is more in keeping with the premise. Maybe other routines using this particular prop will be stronger (and versatility is a brilliant thing in a prop) but the routine in the demo is a bit of a dud, for me. [/quote]

You totally missed my point, and at the same time, told me everything I needed to know.
I disagree about the blank deck being illogical or superfluous. If you were to turn a normal deck face up and spread it while saying, "And there's no other two of hearts in the deck!", the spectator would then have to scan an entire deck of cards before confirming that it is true. The blank deck is a faaaar more dramatic and impactful. First, just seeing a blank deck is shocking to a spectator. Second, they instantly know that there was no other two of hearts in the deck. Sometimes we overthink "logic" in magic and completely forget that magic is theatre. It's supposed to have a visceral impact.

[/quote]

Not sure where you got that he was, "getting very worked up" and his point wasn't about the prop being criticized.
He actually made a very intelligent statement from a magician's point of view. :nod:
Magicians and mentalists achieve illogical feats so when they acheive these feats with illogiical methods it is of no consequence.
Jesus the Christ actually healed someone blindness by having them rub mud on their eyes. How illogical and who does that?
[quote]On Oct 24, 2020, EZrhythm wrote:
Magicians and mentalists achieve illogical feats so when they acheive these feats with illogiical methods it is of no consequence.
Jesus the Christ actually healed someone blindness by having them rub mud on their eyes. How illogical and who does that? [/quote]
So if I ask you to slide out a card, sight unseen, then I put it in my pocket only to bring it out a few seconds later to prove that it matches my prediction which I take out of my other pocket, you think that is of no consequence?

I can assure you it is of consequence. I don't care what magnificent patter you entertain me with in-between; that is a poor method of performing a card prediction. Asking for a chosen card to be put into a wallet, taken out of sight, then be predicted on a $20 bill which hasn't been seen before is a poor prediction effect. There are far better methods of performing far stronger card prediction effects, some of them even involving blank decks, if that is your thing.
The card is never taken out of sight in this effect Martin . The card goes in the visible clear pocket you turn it over to the show the note underneath and give them everything ? So nothing goes in your pocket in the spectators eyes itís as clean as a whistle Gaz 🙂
I am not sure you seem to know how this one works Martin , regards Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Oct 25, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The card is never taken out of sight in this effect Martin . The card goes in the visible clear pocket you turn it over to the show the note underneath and give them everything🙂 [/quote]
The card goes out of sight when you turn the wallet over, no?
Well yeah but itís not ever out of sight you just turn it over and hand it to them showing them the note . Nothing goes out of sight in the way that you implied . Nothing goes in your pocket either from their perspective and in fact mine goes on a magnet on the outside of my back pocket . Itís very clean imho , but your mileage obviously varies and thatís fair enough too . Best wishes Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Oct 25, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Well yeah but itís not ever out of sight you just turn it over and hand it to them showing them the note . Nothing goes out of sight in the way that you implied . Nothing goes in your pocket either from their perspective🙂 [/quote]
I didn't say anything goes into your pocket. And whichever way you cut it, the card does go out of sight. Maybe that will fly as a mental magic effect for some audiences but it's very poor as a mentalism effect, in my opinion, which is the direction I'm looking at it from. If you're going to predict a card chosen by a spectator I would recommend using a method where you don't take the card from them and put it into a wallet only to take it out again a few seconds later. But everyone has different tastes and I hope you continue to entertain with this. It would be a dull world if we all felt the same about everything.

Regards, Martin
I agree Martin and as I donít use it as a mentalism effect it works well for me . I basically do magic and sometimes a touch of mental magic . Very best wishes Gaz 🙂
Some interesting viewponts on both sides.
To use this the way it is presented in the demo, yes, it is a cool trick.
One thing that has been overlooked is it is a gimmick... the demo is just one aspect of its' use.
I see it as a tool that presents itself for use in a mental epic style trick. The predictions are all written on the money.
If you re-watch Mr. Mason's routine, spec.'s eyes, once they know there is $$$ involved, they are (ALL) looking down!
Then, the 'WOWS' are heard. Wonderful performance. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8GEBwG11RQ
I am only a long time hobbyist but this is a great effect for sure,with lockdown have only performed it to family and friends but it goes down really well especially the fact you can change the force 52 times.The reaction I have been getting has been fantastic, family are the worst critics of your magic so if they like it you're onto a winner
Got an email from MJM that they are having a sale on this. 40% off!

[url=https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-31444/?referrer=CNWR_167291448488650]https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-31444[/url]
[quote]On Mar 4, 2021, Magic KL wrote:
Got an email from MJM that they are having a sale on this. 40% off!

[url=https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-31444/?referrer=CNWR_167291448488650]https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-31444[/url] [/quote]

Good deal on a great prop.
No wonder it sold out so quickly.
Curious how many they were selling at that price.
Two weeks ago TripOnMagic had it at 50% off (which I took advantage of).
Hocus Pocus has it on sale today. 50% off!
[quote]On Oct 25, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:

I didn't say anything goes into your pocket. [/quote]

Really? Well then who wrote this?

[quote]
So if I ask you to slide out a card, sight unseen, then I put it in my pocket only to bring it out a few seconds later to prove that it matches my prediction which I take out of my other pocket, you think that is of no consequence?
[/quote]

Ref: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=708445&forum=109&start=160#18
Martin Pulman did, I pulled him immediately on it at the the time but he forgets what he does say half the time and then he tries to back track lol Gaz 😊
If a new tick is already 40 to 50% off, just how good can it be?
Itís not a new trick I bought it 14 months ago.
Itís very good one too Gaz 😊
Just received my wallet.

Can anyone provide me the technique to work the wallet "in" so it is not so stiff. I suppose its just cramming stuff in pulling it out, stuff it in, pull it out.... repeat until adequate (i.e. until a poker card can slip in and out easily)?

My non gloss business cards are also not easy to slip out for the billet methods -- I suppose I need to buy glossies!!!

Regards,
Phil
I just force loads of playing cards in all the pockets and leave for 24 hours. Then itís as smooth as silk Gaz 😊
[quote]On May 13, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I just force loads of playing cards in all the pockets and leave for 24 hours. Then itís as smooth as silk Gaz 😊 [/quote]
Thanks Gaz,
I've crammed 6 cards into each pocket!
That will do the trick perfect for you Phil, best wishes
Gaz 😊
To help "loosen" the vinyl window sleeve:

First of all, you might want to use hard plastic credit card(s), or ID card(s) - that are already visible in the window sleeve.

(after all, isn't THAT what the purpose is of carrying a leather "ID Case"?)

And the thickness of the credit card/ID card will "loosen" the sleeve, as time goes on.

A playing card will then easily slip over (on top) of the credit card/ID card.
-------------
Mark points out a "pen move" (taking a pen out of your jacket or pants pocket).....Why not go further - and then have the spectator SIGN his initials on the EXPOSED MARGIN of the playing card?...that further justifies why you removed the pen from your pocket.
I recently purchased this and must say that I am THRILLED with this wallet using Mark Mason's "No Choice" routine.

This is a utility prop that can be used in so many different ways, and, for those who either do not know or have never learned the Gambler's Cop, this routine will teach you its value as a "Standard Move." So, DO NOT FEAR this....embrace it and learn while you have perfect cover and misdirection.

Moxahalla: The signature on the exposed margin is a GREAT idea, and I would recommend that Magicians buy a deck consisting of 52 of the same card so as to avoid blowing the deck away during each performance.

I highly recommend this prop and routine!
Also, as an FYI...I highly recommend using either a Raven or a Butt Magnet (available at RnT2) or a homemade magnet glued onto a plastic card placed in your pocket to use in conjunction with this wallet. It will make your performance foolproof and much easier, IMHO.
[quote]On Jun 7, 2021, Rainboguy wrote:
I recently purchased this and must say that I am THRILLED with this wallet using Mark Mason's "No Choice" routine.

This is a utility prop that can be used in so many different ways, and, for those who either do not know or have never learned the Gambler's Cop, this routine will teach you its value as a "Standard Move." So, DO NOT FEAR this....embrace it and learn while you have perfect cover and misdirection.

I highly recommend this prop and routine! [/quote]

Yes, It is great! I've had it for several weeks and finally got around to show it to the Mrs. (I had practiced in front of the mirror and had occasional flashes which is why I put off my first showing!) ... but don't worry about it!!!! As you said the misdirection is so strong you could almost flash the whole thing, lol!

The Mrs. said add this to her favorites list! As usual she tries to reconstruct how I did it. Like all spectators they tend to forget what has just happened! Her attempts were quite wild, she said I had to exchange cards but she had forgotten that the wallet was in her hand right after the card was inserted. And she could look it all over. I reminded her and she said "oh I remember!!!"

The only thing I may change is snapping the money clip as the joke, she thought that may have had something to do with the trick... even though she could examine the wallet. The snapping the clip gives the spectator something to key in on as "suspicious." Too close to the "moment" I think and thus unnecessary.

Phil
Using Moxahalla's idea of the signature on the exposed margin, I ordered a one-way forcing deck so that I could make it doable to give the card away as a souvenir during each performance and NOT have to re-do or change the bill.

I believe that this "prover" makes Mark Mason's No Choice routine even stronger, more memorable. and more commercial!

Also, docguitarman, I suggest looking at the "snapping" as enhancing this effect's audible and visual misdirection.

So, given these dynamics, the routine would flow as follows:

1, Spectator touches a card from the deck.

2, Magician takes selected card and inserts it into wallet, asking spectator to slide the card in al the way.

3, The Wallet is turned over sideways to show the clip with the cash.

4, The Magician does "the dirty deed", putting the wallet down or handing it out to spectator while handing them a pen to add their signature to the card's margin after turning the wallet over sideways again.

5, One more turn over sideways to have the spectator open the clip, take the money out and read the prediction.

6, Finally the spectator themself turns the wallet over taking the card with their signature on it to reveal the match.

7, BRAVO! Miracle-Class Closeup Magic!!!
[quote]On Jun 12, 2021, Rainboguy wrote:
Using Moxahalla's idea of the signature on the exposed margin, I ordered a one-way forcing deck so that I could make it doable to give the card away as a souvenir during each performance and NOT have to re-do or change the bill.

I believe that this "prover" makes Mark Mason's No Choice routine even stronger, more memorable. and more commercial!

Also, docguitarman, I suggest looking at the "snapping" as enhancing this effect's audible and visual misdirection.

So, given these dynamics, the routine would flow as follows:

1, Spectator touches a card from the deck.

2, Magician takes selected card and inserts it into wallet, asking spectator to slide the card in al the way.

3, The Wallet is turned over sideways to show the clip with the cash.

4, The Magician does "the dirty deed", putting the wallet down or handing it out to spectator while handing them a pen to add their signature to the card's margin after turning the wallet over sideways again.

5, One more turn over sideways to have the spectator open the clip, take the money out and read the prediction.

6, Finally the spectator themself turns the wallet over taking the card with their signature on it to reveal the match.

7, BRAVO! Miracle-Class Closeup Magic!!! [/quote]

Youíre not doing the blank deck finish?
I am itís killer imo Gaz 😊
Videoman:

My bad. Yes, of course the blank deck finish seals the deal. And that indeed would be THE ENDING.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.