(Close Window)
Topic: INVISIBLE DECK KICKER by DAVID PENN (Blackpool 2020)
[youtube]gEQsAFu9c6A[/youtube]

AVAILABLE THIS FRIDAY AT THE BLACKPOOL MAGIC CONVENTION. IT'S £25 AND ALSO IN AN AMAZING £60 DEAL WITH 'STREAMLINED' AND A '52-1 DECK' WHILE STOCKS LAST.

Pre-Order Here: https://www.worldmagicshop.com/Ö/invisible-deck-kicker-by-dÖ

INVISIBLE DECK KICKER by DAVID PENN

Use this custom printed deck as an INCREDIBLE follow up to ĎInvisible Deckí or as a stand alone routine. The í52 on 1 Cardí has always been a great gag but David Penn has turned this gag into a fully routined miracle! A miracle that happens in your spectatorís hands.

Under test conditions, one card is place on the hand of your spectator. They are asked to name ANY card. You explain that if the freely named card is on the other side of the card in their hand then they need to get you a drink. They take that bet!

When they turn over the card and discover the í52 on 1 Cardí itís a great gag. Then í52 on 1 Cardí is placed either face up or face down on the spectatorís hand.

Under impossible conditions, the card they freely name turns over, not in the deck, IN THE PICTURE on the card that they have been holding the entire time.

You will never get offered so many free drinks!

Brand new from the creator of Coinvexed, Mystery Solved, Topit 180 and The Gimmicked 52-1 Deck, this is INVISIBLE DECK KICKER by David Penn.

Invisible deck has always been one of the strongest effects for a magician and itís about to be even stronger with this!
Patrick Kun

The 52 on 1 card brought up to date with some strong magic by David! Very cool! 52 Thumbs Up!
Angelo Carbone

Just get it!
Gary Jones

The Invisible Deck Kicker is KICKASS!
Luke Dancy

Coming out next week for Blackpool is a fantastic call back piece if you perform ID, but it will also work as a standalone effect. I saw this a few weeks ago and David blew me away with it!
Mark Bendell

Sometimes a magic trick comes along in which you say, "That makes so much sense! Yes. Yes. Yes. I need this!" That just happened to me. David Penn made that happen today.
His new effect has taken an old standby gag and he has turned it into a strong piece of magic that will make your audiences smile, think and say, ďNO WAY!" This is great fun and I'll be adding this into my pocket immediately.
Jonathan Levit

This is the first product I will be picking up at Blackpool 2020!
James Samuel - BGT LIVE FINALIST

I NEED this now!
Erick Olson
So am I correct in saying that after they first name there freely named card, you use the 52 on 1 gag card to show you are correct and then place the gag card back in their hand which turns into their selected card?

If this is the sequence of the routine I question how strong this would be because you were told their freely named card before you hand back another 52 on 1 card to them. Maybe I'm just not understanding the sequence of the routine through the description.
Clever. Very clever.
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Feb 11, 2020 04:04PM)
[quote]On Feb 11, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Clever. Very clever. [/quote]

Powerful coming from Pegasus. You feeling ok bro?
Sorry, I should have watched the demo video first, LOL.
I do like this a lot
Great thinking on this
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Feb 11, 2020 04:34PM)
Has an Asi Wind Gypsy Queen kinda feel.
[quote]On Feb 11, 2020, RNK wrote:
So am I correct in saying that after they first name there freely named card, you use the 52 on 1 gag card to show you are correct and then place the gag card back in their hand which turns into their selected card?

If this is the sequence of the routine I question how strong this would be because you were told their freely named card before you hand back another 52 on 1 card to them. Maybe I'm just not understanding the sequence of the routine through the description. [/quote]

No, you're not correct in saying that. That's not the trick.
Clever thinking.. Do we really need a follow up to the invisible deck tho? This trick would be much better as a stand alone effect.

You could just start with the 52 on 1 card then go into invisible deck e.g remove the 52 on 1 from the case, hand them the case, ask to name a card, reveal gag, then say "i can tell you weren't impressed by that, that is why.." and then spread thru the ivisible deck they were holding onto, that way you get the gag without having to carry an extra gimmicked deck.

The visibility of the card makes it fine for smaller groups but sucks for larger groups/table
Great idea.
I don't think its a gag, and doesn't suck for larger groups/ table as it is intended for close-up. For the ladder go have it printed in Jumbo cards if that's a concern. Tying this in with ID is a cool idea, can also be good on its own, I really like this. Nice job David Penn.

Nm
[quote]On Feb 11, 2020, strollingmagician wrote:
Has an Asi Wind Gypsy Queen kinda feel. [/quote]
I feel exactly the same
Clicked on the pre order site and site not there. Any updated info?
[quote]On Feb 11, 2020, strollingmagician wrote:
Has an Asi Wind Gypsy Queen kinda feel. [/quote]

That was the first thing I was thinking when I saw the demo.
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Feb 11, 2020 10:18PM)
First Ellusionist and now Penn is taking Asiís ideas. This magic market is a cluster f?!$ free for all man.
I ordered it.
Great Use of the principle. Clever thinking!!
[quote]On Feb 11, 2020, Chamberlain wrote:
Clever thinking.. Do we really need a follow up to the invisible deck tho? This trick would be much better as a stand alone effect.

You could just start with the 52 on 1 card then go into invisible deck e.g remove the 52 on 1 from the case, hand them the case, ask to name a card, reveal gag, then say "i can tell you weren't impressed by that, that is why.." and then spread thru the ivisible deck they were holding onto, that way you get the gag without having to carry an extra gimmicked deck.

The visibility of the card makes it fine for smaller groups but sucks for larger groups/table [/quote]

Thatís why it states that in the product description.
Looks good.
What you buying here? A full deck of cards or a single 52on1 card?
They said the invisible deck cannot get any better. This makes the effect even better! I like it
This is very good, considering that you only need to carry your normal deck, your invisible deck and your kicker deck in your pockets :D
Yeah lol , there will be a new jacket out soon with 52 inside pockets with a sleeve that allows you to retrieve a selection from your outside lower jacket pocket Gaz 😉
A secret... so stop fishing for it ;-)

[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:What you buying here? A full deck of cards or a single 52on1 card? [/quote]
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, JoelDickinson wrote:

[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:What you buying here? A full deck of cards or a single 52on1 card? [/quote] [/quote]

Not fishing at all. Just wondering what extra pocket space this ID kicker is going to take up.
Thinking about it - I realise this is going to be another deck.
The video is almost certainly edited at 2.07.
I am assuming when the switch is made?
Clever idea, but I agree that the original ID is too good to follow up with a gag and then another turnover (on the 52 on one card). My opinion only. This would be best as a stand alone. Also agree that the original ID can play for two or two hundred folks, this is very limiting with visibility. Even the video shows folks leaning way in to see what the heck just happened.
I wasnít serious! I was only playing around 👍🏼👍🏼

[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, JoelDickinson wrote:

[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:What you buying here? A full deck of cards or a single 52on1 card? [/quote] [/quote]

Not fishing at all. Just wondering what extra pocket space this ID kicker is going to take up.
Thinking about it - I realise this is going to be another deck. [/quote]
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, civins wrote:
Looks good.
What you buying here? A full deck of cards or a single 52on1 card? [/quote]

A full deck of gaffed 52 on 1 card.
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Feb 12, 2020 11:00AM)
How is everyone carrying all these one trick decks? Need a holster. Pocket management gets tricky as the releases continue to pour out.
They are all just bringing out packet effects in deck form to get an apparently new trick imo .
Itís desperation to a degree , a bit like songs and me sounding the same in all my posts 😂 .
There are only so many chords to make a song and itís the same with methods of magic effects .
Every now and again of course someone will buck the trend Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, strollingmagician wrote:
How is everyone carrying all these one trick decks? Need a holster. Pocket management gets tricky as the releases continue to pour out. [/quote]

Haha. I cannot tell you how many gimmick decks I have and have not a clue how any of them work. Itís crazy.
It sounds like a lot to carry around. Not good for my walkaround.
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (Feb 12, 2020 01:16PM)
Part of me wishes I had stopped buying stuff after getting the Ammar card miracles videos 20 years ago. I have crates of magic too. This market is really addicting. Like Guy Hollingworth once said ďeveryone is constantly searching for the next great trick that will make them famousĒ
A simple version of this trick can be done with two 52 on 1 cards and a force. I imagine it will have just the same impact on the audience if played correctly.
Ni, if you play it right, not... there is a huge difference between just naming ANY card that comes to your mind and selecting a card in a physical process. If spectators don not see and FEEL the difference, something is wrong with the presentation... Jan
Didnít Daryl have a version of this where you put the gag back in your pocket and pull out the single card flipped over gag. I believe his had the front and back of every card- not a regular rider back. Had to be a forced card for his version.
From Saturn Magic page: "This item has just been withdrawn from sale as there is a problem with the originality of it. We have no more detail than this at present."

Another F.U. deck-like issue with Gypsy Queen?
Can order here -
https://www.worldmagicshop.com/product-page/invisible-deck-kicker-by-david-penn?utm_campaign=9e65ba1f-c53c-415f-87ce-6dde69bede4b&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=2aa829f2-f529-4612-8a94-7dc1f37c8239
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, Recoplon wrote:
From Saturn Magic page: "This item has just been withdrawn from sale as there is a problem with the originality of it. We have no more detail than this at present."
Another F.U. deck-like issue with Gypsy Queen? [/quote]

It is indeed exactly Gypsy Queen from Asi Wind, but with with another image on the faces.
Nothing new at all, at most a "variation" of an existing trick.
I own Gypsy Queen and it is great, I also ordered this because I also like the idea of th 52 on one reversing. To say its exactly the same with nothing new at all is nuts. I see them as totally different effects completely.

NM
People keep mentioning that is reminds them of Gypsy Queen. To be fair that sort of reminds me of Jay Sankey's Fine Print which I got from Elmwoood Magic and they shut down quite sometime ago. Just some food for thought.
Will the deck be m@#:Ť! like Gypsy queen? If not, I think itís a step backwards like the FU deck.

In this day and age if you are going to blatantly copy an effect / method it would be nice to at least add an improvement of some sort. Pretending this is new by linking it to the ID isnít fooling anyone.
Donít all effects of this ilk have their origins in Paul Curryís Touch? IĎm not sure I understand what the contention is. Gypsy Queen and this trick use the same principle of Touch, if not exactly the same routining, (Touch relies on an extra card for a clean reveal of the prediction) and they are aesthetically different from that effect and each other. Iím not trying to start anything, I am genuinely curious as to why thereís any issue at all.
[quote]On Feb 13, 2020, DynaMix wrote:
Will the deck be m@#:Ť! like Gypsy queen? If not, I think itís a step backwards like the FU deck.

In this day and age if you are going to blatantly copy an effect / method it would be nice to at least add an improvement of some sort. Pretending this is new by linking it to the ID isnít fooling anyone. [/quote]

Good point in ref to locating their named card. Have ordered anyway. Reasonable price considering.
It's interesting that the Cafť is riddled with posts where regulars are quick to jump on anyone who remotely has a whiff of plagiarism.
Yet ... those same people can easily justify supporting "named" magicians if it suits them. Double standards.

If this is similar to Gypsy Queen in method, and it looks like it is, then appropriate crediting etc and/or permissions would be okay. Cameron raise a good point above too.

It's also interesting that the WPR regularly chastise creators for there "edited adverts" and not showing full performance etc and yet here we have a heavily edited advert that doesn't show a full performance.

For the record, I actually quite like the idea of a full deck of 52 on 1 cards being used in this way. I have been using Gypsy Queen since it was released and I could see me using this too.
For the working Pro these should be handed out as souvenirs really. Too expensive for a mere hobbyist though. Perhaps David might consider refill packs at a reduced price??
The spectator holds a card. Within that card, a thought of selection is revealed.
You literally make the revelation using the exact same location and switching technique.
What is so different, please explain?
[quote]On Feb 13, 2020, IanB wrote:
It's interesting that the Cafť is riddled with posts where regulars are quick to jump on anyone who remotely has a whiff of plagiarism.
Yet ... those same people can easily justify supporting "named" magicians if it suits them. Double standards.

If this is similar to Gypsy Queen in method, and it looks like it is, then appropriate crediting etc and/or permissions would be okay. Cameron raise a good point above too.

It's also interesting that the WPR regularly chastise creators for there "edited adverts" and not showing full performance etc and yet here we have a heavily edited advert that doesn't show a full performance.

For the record, I actually quite like the idea of a full deck of 52 on 1 cards being used in this way. I have been using Gypsy Queen since it was released and I could see me using this too. [/quote]

I certainly see the value of having multiple versions of the same basic effect.
I also see the value of adding something to the plot or method if youíre going to release a variant of an established, successful previous release. It would be nice to challenge creators to move the ball forward if they are going to largely copy an existing effect.
[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, Cameron Francis wrote:
Donít all effects of this ilk have their origins in Paul Curryís Touch? IĎm not sure I understand what the contention is. Gypsy Queen and this trick use the same principle of Touch, if not exactly the same routining, (Touch relies on an extra card for a clean reveal of the prediction) and they are aesthetically different from that effect and each other. Iím not trying to start anything, I am genuinely curious as to why thereís any issue at all. [/quote]

Iím not familiar with Touch enough but my guess is that Gypsy Queen at least added a few elements to make the effect easier to perform. Your point definitely stands though.
[quote]On Feb 13, 2020, IanB wrote:

. [/quote]

Iím not saying they donít .... but itís not really the adverts they go on about.... WPR have banged on about no full performances in the tuition...... I think itís more on here that ppl demand a full unedited performance in the ad. Maybe WPR donít mention it as much as they have often edited out the dirty work on their ads. If they have mentioned it in regards to ads that may have been for effects that were super misleading rather than just taking something out to not reveal (on video) the method.

I just think your point may misrepresent what they have been banging on about... which is about products that have no full performances on their downloaded tutorials

Though I remember the days when they would complain when products came with no DVD and just downloadable content.... hmm
Just ordered this off penguin. Looking forward to checking it out. Iíll review soon.
Don't think this will be for me
Iíd love to know how you 1) locate the required gaff card and 2) how you exchange that card with the standard 52 on 1 card? An uncut demo wouldíve been nice.
First (I guess) a d...k sw...ch, then (if memorized, whichever order, better then mar...gs as you can do it more "blind"), cut, glimpse and adjust... and then a top ch...ge. Easy if you are an experienced card handler :) Jan
Canít be a deck switch involved Jan as thereís only one deck.
At least so it would seem
If there is no deck switch . Then I will be down for one
As I do like the idea of this
I'm not aware of all the effects that might be similar to this. I think I know exactly how this is done, and I do think it is a great trick. However, I'm also thinking that I could use a regular deck with a single 52-1 card, perform the trick the exact same way I suspect this trick is done and it too would be a great trick, but I don't need to carry an extra deck. No?
Sure it's one deck for the Kicker part, the bit they are selling. Obviously you would also need an ID. Thought that much was obvious. If it's all with one deck, then biddle me sideways, I'll have one.

//Dan
[quote]On Feb 15, 2020, dyoung wrote:
Sure it's one deck for the Kicker part, the bit they are selling. Obviously you would also need an ID. Thought that much was obvious. If it's all with one deck, then biddle me sideways, I'll have one.

//Dan [/quote]

Obviously you do not. Itís also a stand-alone effect. That way that Iíll use it.
This looks great. I always like the ID around anyhow for if something goes awry, it cleans it up as if it were meant to happen. Lucky not to often but has cleaned up an uncomfortable mishap. Gonna now use the ID as a leadin again. Can't wait to have this followup. It's funny how all you have to do is mention the ID addition and my interest is peaked. I even like to throw the ID into an extra ending to a routine I use with the insight deck. My thought is the same as Pegusus in that I would love to know the exchange here and how clean it is. Excited to see. Will know in a couple of days.
Not sure what you mean Pegasus? It seemed like you thought it was just one deck for both the ID and the Kicker.. I was merely stating that it would seem that they are two separate things and you need a deck for each.

All the best,
Dan
I bought this at Blackpool. I will NOT be using it as a follow up to a standard I.D but as a stand alone effect. The handling that David teaches is good and it works a treat but I have come up with a way that suits my style better.

If you need to know more (without tipping the method, but if you think you know how it's done then you're probably correct) then please give me a shout.

I recommend it to any of you workers out there.

Cheers,

Graeme
[quote]On Feb 16, 2020, dyoung wrote:
Not sure what you mean Pegasus? It seemed like you thought it was just one deck for both the ID and the Kicker.. I was merely stating that it would seem that they are two separate things and you need a deck for each.

All the best,
Dan [/quote]

Ah I see. Sorry. No. I realised it was a stand-alone deck full of the full 52 gaffs.
Did anyone pick this up at Blackpool

Is the demo honest or is a lot more work involved for the kicker ?
[quote]On Feb 17, 2020, magicg73 wrote:
I bought this at Blackpool. I will NOT be using it as a follow up to a standard I.D but as a stand alone effect. The handling that David teaches is good and it works a treat but I have come up with a way that suits my style better.

If you need to know more (without tipping the method, but if you think you know how it's done then you're probably correct) then please give me a shout.

I recommend it to any of you workers out there.

Cheers,

Graeme [/quote]
Itís not just this item but it seems to me that so much pushing, dissecting , guessing, ripping apart of new magic is not only not right but it is not gentlemanly. It is simple, buy or do not buy as we used to do when the world was nicer.
Is it just me or is the embedded video from the first post not working anymore?
[quote]On Feb 17, 2020, SebastianHenzl wrote:
Is it just me or is the embedded video from the first post not working anymore? [/quote]

World Magic Shop website is down thatís why you canít view the video
Sebastian... you have to realise that Pegasus wants you to explain every single detail about any given product, otherwise he won't buy it. ;)
How is everyone carrying all these one trick decks? Need a holster. Pocket management gets tricky as the releases continue to pour out. [/quote]

[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, CMR wrote:
It sounds like a lot to carry around. Not good for my walkaround. [/quote]

As a wheelchair user, I have this covered.....
Got and really like it. Decks are very nice and instruction pretty straight forward. Will be using this. Will work great as a stand alone effect.

Nm
[quote]On Feb 21, 2020, dave_matkin wrote:

[quote]On Feb 12, 2020, CMR wrote:
It sounds like a lot to carry around. Not good for my walkaround. [/quote]

As a wheelchair user, I have this covered..... [/quote]

I can just get a wheelchair trailer!....

https://bike-bep24.com/WebRoot/Store/Shops/6094148/5BAB/5CB0/DE98/6341/ABAA/596E/84E2/F2A0/Rollikup-Februar2019-36.png
I've just written a review:

https://www.alexmagicreview.com/home/trick-review-invisible-deck-kicker-by-david-penn

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
[quote]On Feb 21, 2020, alexhui wrote:

https://www.alexmagicreview.com/home/trick-review-invisible-deck-kicker-by-david-penn

Alex Hui
Hong Kong [/quote]
Terrific review, Alex. Thank you.
Just uploaded the YouTube review:

https://youtu.be/FlG61othH6k

Hope this is helpful.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
Picked this up in Blackpool. Will definitely use it but as a stand alone effect
My copy arrived yesterday, my initial thoughts is that is much better as a stand alone effect, i.e a return set routine if you've already performed invisible deck, you could even call back to it "Remember earlier I had you name a card and I had reversed it ahead of time? Let's do a similiar effect again.." I can see myself using this but only as a backup trick if I had say a 2 hour gig for 50 people and needed more effects.

I found Davids handling a bit basic to find the card, though if he used a cull that would stop the instant reset. He adds an extra kicker when the 52 on 1 reverts back to a standard 52 on 1 card, I don't think this is needed tho
[quote]On Feb 21, 2020, alexhui wrote:

Alex Hui
Hong Kong [/quote]

Thanks for an excellent review
I have this and really like it. I'm a bit surprised by some of the negativity on here. I've bought quite a lot of effects already this year, hoping to extend my repertoire and I think this one will stick. Its very well thought out and presented and I think this will play out well. I'm definitely going to give this a try out at the weekend. There are no difficult moves but it needs quite a bit of practise to get the sequencing of steps embedded in the old muscle memory so I'm not sure its suitable for a casual magician.

Other advantages for me is that it doesn't need a table and if you get the handling right is easy enough to reset on the fly.

I probably won't combine this with the Invisible Deck routine as it stands up well enough on its own I feel.

Yes you do have to carry a deck with you to perform this but a to double up the potential for this one deck I'm thinking of combining this with Calen Morelli's Method 01 to give me a blister effect with the same deck and the same (or maybe a different) card.
I like this. Like most people, I donít plan to use this to follow ID, and I canít really figure out why David marketed it that way. As others have said, the handling he teaches is basic and too cluttered. Throw in a top change instead of the moves he teaches and you streamline the handling greatly. I agree that finding the correct card could be more streamlined/deceptive but I like the instant reset feature. Iíve done it three times thus far and no one has questioned the process yet. I pencil dot the main card and start with it in the middle of the deck. I then spread the deck face down and find a ďrandomĒ card to put on their hand. Because I havenít looked at the card yet, it gives me more of an excuse to spread through the deck at the key moment.
The US patent office was thinking of issuing no more patents after the light bulb was invented and patented. The thinking was that there could not possibly be anything else invented...
I assumed and was hoping the deck would be marked on the back to find the chosen card, I really feel it is much cleaner searching from the back than looking at the faces (even though he does justify the action)

All in all great effect!

Maybe version 2.0 will be marked!?
That's a pretty good idea. Why don't you just mark the deck yourself? There are plenty of ways to do it. I imagine it would cost you a 1/2 hour but it would be a much-improved trick. Food for thought...

[quote]On Mar 15, 2020, Swann101 wrote:
I assumed and was hoping the deck would be marked on the back to find the chosen card, I really feel it is much cleaner searching from the back than looking at the faces (even though he does justify the action)

All in all great effect!

Maybe version 2.0 will be marked!? [/quote]
[quote]On Mar 15, 2020, Swann101 wrote:

All in all great effect!

Maybe version 2.0 will be marked!? [/quote]

I guess it would cost twice the price for both custom faces and backs. You could easily mark say the 7th and Ace of the deck to aid in finding the cards
Iím thinking Boris Wild,

Nm
Yes, I did end up marking it myself as I did with my memorised deck, every 5th and 10th card, but in this case I did every 6th and 13th card as they are in ND order.

Now it is easy to find the ones in between!

Roy