(Close Window)
Topic: ***NEW*** Silver Edge 2 by Kim Andersen feat. Geraint Clarke
Hey all,

Super excited about this: https://www.ellusionist.com/silver-edge-2.html

Anyone who's seen me perform in the last 2 years has seen me perform with Silver Edge coins. They're always on me (stored in my quiver coin holder).

I became obsessed with this relatively undiscovered utility and began to experiment with my own routines and concepts. Using them in different ways.

When I heard Kim was doing a second volume, I forced my way onto the project.

Hope you like it. Here to answer any questions.

- G
Hey Geraint, only question I have is - does Silver Edge 2 come with (or require) additional coins than the two gimmicked magnetic and three regular Kennedy half dollars included in Silver Edge 1?

The product page for SE2 doesnít describe what coins are included in the full package (like SE1 does). Or what additional coins are required for all of the routines included; saw some other coins on the trailer. Thanksss.
Is any routine that can be done with ordinary coins?
[quote]On Mar 6, 2020, scott0819 wrote:
Hey Geraint, only question I have is - does Silver Edge 2 come with (or require) additional coins than the two gimmicked magnetic and three regular Kennedy half dollars included in Silver Edge 1?

The product page for SE2 doesnít describe what coins are included in the full package (like SE1 does). Or what additional coins are required for all of the routines included; saw some other coins on the trailer. Thanksss. [/quote]

Hey Scott,

Silver Edge 2 (if bought with coins) comes with the exact same coins as Silver Edge 1. You don't need any more of them to achieve the routines in Silver Edge 2, if you already own the coins from before.

The only other 'special' coin you need a steel core/ferromagetic coin (like a 2p or Pirate coin) for 'The Sound Of Fear' which is a 3 coin routine that just uses 1 coin.

Hope that helps mate,

- G
[quote]On Mar 6, 2020, a40ntistos wrote:
Is any routine that can be done with ordinary coins? [/quote]

Yes. Two of them.
The balance and coin jump effects are awesome, and I assume use the unique properties of the coins. Shame theyíre foreign as I wouldnít use them in the U.K.

Are the Chinese coins shown in the demo provided too, and if so are they mag@@@@@?
[quote]On Mar 6, 2020, pegasus wrote:
The balance and coin jump effects are awesome, and I assume use the unique properties of the coins. Shame theyíre foreign as I wouldnít use them in the U.K.

Are the Chinese coins shown in the demo provided too, and if so are they mag@@@@@? [/quote]

I live in the UK and nobody has ever found it weird that I'm using US half dollars. I just say "These are American half dollars, they have an eagle on the back and JFK on front - check them out" - As I give them 2 of 3 coins to inspect. (3 of 3 if I'm performing for 3 or more people)

The Chinese coins aren't supplied, but it's a kicker ending, it could be ANY three coins that you change your Silver Edge coins into. :)

Cheers,

- G
Hi Geraint. Is this easy enough for a beginner? Not a kid but someone with a full time job that just loves doing easy magic effects for family and friends. Thanks.
I just donít feel comfortable using US coinage. Iím sure Americans wouldnít use 50pís either.
Hey, guys again :) apologies if my question is too silly... But the coins you get from ellusionist is magnetic coins like you can buy from eBay, or they are different?
Last time Silver Edge was released Ellusionist's supplier for the coins was Kreis Magic. Kreis Magic coins can be purchased elsewhere, like say Penguin.
[quote]On Mar 7, 2020, a40ntistos wrote:
Hey, guys again :) apologies if my question is too silly... But the coins you get from ellusionist is magnetic coins like you can buy from eBay, or they are different? [/quote]

The coins you get from Ellusionist are manufactured by Kreis and are super strong. It is highly likely that other magnetic coins from eBay or other suppliers will not be as strong.
Thanks a lot guys for your responses! Do you think/know if I can find them in a European dealer? Because if I buy them from Ellusionist the customs will be very expensive..
[quote]On Mar 8, 2020, a40ntistos wrote:
Thanks a lot guys for your responses! Do you think/know if I can find them in a European dealer? Because if I buy them from Ellusionist the customs will be very expensive.. [/quote]

Yes. Pegani sells the coins (Denmark) and you can buy the download on it's own from us.
Geraint, is it possible to produce these coins in Sterling? 2 pound coins for instance?
[quote]On Mar 8, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Geraint, is it possible to produce these coins in Sterling? 2 pound coins for instance? [/quote]

It's not possible mate. The £2 coins (as you know) are two different metals put together. So they can't be machined in a single piece like normal coins. (To put magnets in)

No other coin in the UK is big enough (and thick enough) to fit such powerful magnets in.

Kreis used to make them with old £1 coins, but they're too small to do the moves efficiently.

I know it doesn't suit everyone to use foreign coins, but I can say with years of performances under my belt with these .... nobody has ever assumed they're anything other than normal. So it works for me.
Thanks and understood. Iím nearly convinced.
Are these the same as crafty power by kreis magic ? Regards Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Mar 8, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Are these the same as crafty power by kreis magic ? Regards Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Not sure what crafty power is... but these coins are made by Kreis magic. Mr Kengo to be precise.
I liked Silver Edge 1 quite a bit but definitely felt like they only scratched the surface of what is possible with this gimmick. There was also some criticism that there were some knacky and/or difficult moves that leaned more to the intermediate/advanced level (definitely Neon Coins). I think those are all fair comments. Kim gave you 3 solid routines (and some bonus moves) and you were then left on your own to play with these gaff coins, modifying the routines to suit your style (and skill level), and to see what else you could come up with.

If youíve continued to play/perform with these gimmicks over the past year then I think Silver Edge 2 is a must-purchase. There is MUCH MORE on this second project and it feels like Kim and Geraint have responded to feedback from the first project.

First, there are routines for all skill levels here (Geraintís ĎEasy Neon Coinsí is great). Second, there is much more variety in the effects. In addition to some excellent production/vanish and coins across effects, there is a great casual effect performed on your leg while sitting (Three Dollar Lap Dance) that ends with the dollars turning into Chinese coins (sold separately), there is work using the coins in conjunction with a butter knife, a solid-thru-solid bit with a cup, and a very cool balancing effect. There are routines that show how to combine this with Patrick Kunís Timeline (nod to Ben Earlís Pocket Time Machine) and Meir Yedidís Finger Fantasies. And also some brilliant click passes, fun ways to use the negative polarity of the coins, and hold-out ideas that seem a bit more useful than the Social Media bonus moves taught in SE1.

Yes, the whole package is not cheap but a big part of that is the cost of the excellent gaffs from Kreis Magic that run for about $40 each elsewhere. In the past Iíve used shells, flipper coins, an OXF set but I just find them too fragile. Best part about this type of gaff is that they can be examined (separately), are super durable, they have no moving parts, or rubber bands that wear out over time, ZERO MAINTENENCE. Itís for this exact reason, my go-to coin gaffs are my trusty C/S, Coin Coalition, and Silver Edge.

No doubt there is somewhat of a learning curve with getting used to handling them as normal coins but itís worth it. If you are into coin magic and donít mind using the occasional gaff, Silver Edge 2 is highly recommended.

(BTW, I still think Silver Edge 1 is worth getting for the ĎImagination Coinsí-like effect, ĎCoin Kreisisí. That was a highlight for me and the only one from SE1 I perform exactly as taught.)
Question: these coins are fairly strong, should we be worried about erasing credit cards, etc? Do you keep them alone in a pocket?

Just wonder if I'll be stupid (I will) and take them out at the end of the day and drop them on the stuff in my other pockets, like my wallet and so on. Or near my laptop without thinking.

Just didn't know if there's a way to "shield" them of sorts. Any thoughts from you guys who have used these a long time?
No way to shield this invisible magical force at all, so be careful with your credit cards
im going to have to get this once my bills are paid, the dirty pigeons really sold it to me, no joke :)
Geraint, are the £2 strong coins we can get in the UK definately no good for this?
[quote]On Mar 10, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Just didn't know if there's a way to "shield" them of sorts. Any thoughts from you guys who have used these a long time? [/quote]

When Iím wearing jeans, I just carry the coins in the small front right ďchange pocketĒ to keep them separate from my wallet. Khakis or dress pants usually have a similar pocket. No issues.
[quote]On Mar 10, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Question: these coins are fairly strong, should we be worried about erasing credit cards, etc? Do you keep them alone in a pocket?

Just wonder if I'll be stupid (I will) and take them out at the end of the day and drop them on the stuff in my other pockets, like my wallet and so on. Or near my laptop without thinking.

Just didn't know if there's a way to "shield" them of sorts. Any thoughts from you guys who have used these a long time? [/quote]

Yes, definitely keep them away from credit cards. They're SUPER strong and will definitely affect that.

I keep them in my back pocket in a quiver coin holder, completely separate to my phone or wallet.
[quote]On Mar 10, 2020, catweazle wrote:
No way to shield this invisible magical force at all, so be careful with your credit cards
im going to have to get this once my bills are paid, the dirty pigeons really sold it to me, no joke :)
Geraint, are the £2 strong coins we can get in the UK definately no good for this? [/quote]

Kreis doesn't make the super strong magnetic coins in £2 variations, so if you see them, they're not suitable.

We've tested so many coins. Even Roy Kueppers (who is a master) sent me his coins that were 'exactly the same' and they were not as powerful.

I tested this by placing individual cards in between until the magnet would no longer stick, before we launched Silver Edge 1.

Kreis' coins are far superior to anything else on the market.

- G
Thank you sir!
Will magnets affect the chips on credit cards, or only the magnetic strips?
Do they still even have magnetic strips?
Card chips canít be demagnetized.
[quote]On Mar 11, 2020, scott0819 wrote:
Card chips canít be demagnetized. [/quote]

Meaning theyíre magnetized?
[quote]On Mar 11, 2020, pegasus wrote:

Meaning theyíre magnetized? [/quote]

No, meaning your banking info is not saved on a magnetized anything, itís saved on a tiny microchip. Can be damaged by prolonged exposure to water (corrosion) or a nasty scratch (physical damage) but not magnets apparently.
Got them both - my 2 cents - buy S E 2 first

my review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1X5tBx8bMk
Great balanced review, David.

VERY excited about coin magic week on your channel!

No, meaning your banking info is not saved on a magnetized anything, itís saved on a tiny microchip. Can be damaged by prolonged exposure to water (corrosion) or a nasty scratch (physical damage) but not magnets apparently. [/quote]

So you meant to imply that chips cannot be magnetised, as opposed to de...
[quote]On Apr 1, 2020, pegasus wrote:

No, meaning your banking info is not saved on a magnetized anything, itís saved on a tiny microchip. Can be damaged by prolonged exposure to water (corrosion) or a nasty scratch (physical damage) but not magnets apparently. [/quote]

So you meant to imply that chips cannot be magnetised, as opposed to de... [/quote]

You're really focused on this, Peg. I meant to imply that magnets will not damage the chip on your card. Sorry for any confusion, bud.