(Close Window)
Topic: Youtube
Hi if you like self working magic check out mismagi on YouTube. I've recently learned the most deceptive self working card trick from there.
What trick did you learn? Who is the original creator?
You must mean [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/mismag822/videos]Mismag822[/url], aka "The Card Trick Teacher".

He has a lot of followers, but is the quality of his teaching and techniques better than your typical `teenager does tutorials on youtube'?
And does he have permission to steal and expose others' material?
[quote]On May 31, 2020, magicfish wrote:
And does he have permission to steal and expose others' material? [/quote]
I highly doubt it. I haven't looked carefully at this channel, but from what I can see, I don't think there's much in the way of crediting at all. I recommend that students of card magic seek out a reputable teacher who has more respect for his sources, and who can teach proper technique.

The majority of magic instruction on youtube is by amateurs with a mediocre ability in card handling. Budding magicians relying on these kinds of tutorials will learn bad habits, inferior techniques, and in the long run it won't hold them in good stead. Instead, invest in a good book or buy a video by a trusted magician and teacher, so you'll learn proper techniques from the outset, and support the creators of magic.
Couldn't agree more, that channel is not good for learning seriously. If you want to learn self working stuff check out Big Blind Media website and Dani DaOrtiz.
That said though, how good are Alex Pandrea tutorial videos on YouTube?