(Close Window)
Topic: Thank you, so much...
Hey everyone, :)

Just wanted to say "Thank you." 🙏🏽

Why, you say? Well, I'm just appreciative over all these years that you guys, actually people from all over the world, have shown so much interest in my work. Now, I'm no great and powerful Oz as some other might be regarded as, but I have happened upon a few things now & again that had some real punch to it, and you guys recognized that, and showed great interest by purchasing my effects. Heck, you're still doing it to this very day. :)

I am just blown away by it. And I have to give a big hand to Vinny "The Godfather," for first recognizing me and showcasing my thinking on his website. I have been offered many other ways to go as to magic websites big & small, but I have remained where I was first given a chance...Just seemed like the right thing to do. 🤔 I mean, your home may not be the biggest place, but it's home, right? :)

Plus, as you all know of my work, it has always been affordable, and down right cheap. :D This was more of an attempt to share than to make bags of money with it. Nothing wrong with making money, but I guess I was more into sharing the good magic I was lucky to find, and became decent-at-best with, to show and explain to good folks like you from my learning and doing of the journey.

So, that's simply it...I just wanted to say "Thank you." And as always, as you might've heard it heartfelt said before, "I'll [continue to] leave the light on for you." :)
I haven't bought any of your works, but I greatly appreciate your wealth of knowledge and experience that you freely give on these forums with the warmth and enthusiasm you're known for. At least from my perspective.

So congratulations on your successs.
Cheers.
WE all owe a big debt to you. Even those who have not discovered your coin magic yet but who will.
Your "MB Active Finger Palm" is one of the greatest coin sleights and hideouts ever. Why? Angle proof, Totally convincing, while they see your "empty hand." Besides all the other great magic you have given us.
MB a true gentlemen with a Smooth touch with the coins!
A smile and a wink! Don't forget those.

Ever there - always ready. That is where the magic come from.
Thank you MB for sharing your work and being you.
Marion,

Thank you for your friendship and all you have shared.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Jul 4, 2020 05:12PM)
Thank you MB for helping me with my sl***ing.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Jul 4, 2020 05:16PM)
Where might I find this MB Active Finger Palm of which you speak?
Hint hint. It is all through his work. This is a rare case where someone has not gotten credit for an innovation that is huge. I would suggest getting his "Short Pockets" download. Look at the video of his Crimp Change. Is it possible he is hiding something in his hand?

This is an innovation which puts the Ramsay subtlety on steroids. Yes is is a small innovation . But small innovations have been the reason for great leaps in magic and technology. Since MB has not gotten credit for it, I choose to name it the "MB Active Finger Palm." Because when you hold it there and move your fingers (this movement is why it is the "Active" FP), which are at an angle, it SEEMS UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE THAT A COIN COULD BE THERE. IF YOU MANAGE IT PROPERLY, WHICH IS EASY TO DO, IT IS ANGLE FREE. Thanks Marion, you deserve the credit.
Appreciate it fellas. :)

Hey, I haven't done this in a while, but it's great to know that people still like doing it out there, everywhere. :D

Anyway, a little from the journey... :)

[YOUTUBE]PCPFEVGPFSs[/YOUTUBE]
MB,
You are a true professional and I am thankful to have been fortunate enough to have met you through the Café.
I love watching you perform your coin magic miracles and learn something new every time I watch one of your videos. Thank you for all you do and I look forward to continuing the journey with you leading the pack!!

Your Friend,

TC
Hi Marion just want to say that you are my friend for life, your work has grown immensely over the years .
I Thank you for being my friend I always believed in your work, because it was and still is so original Your style s is so care free and
doable in the real world.
Marion weather you know it or not you are a world class magician, magicians all over the world recognize this, as I do.Over the past 20 years and more, your magic has grown and grown
and now you are one of the best coin workers on the planetm, not only for your skill, but also for your creativeness.
your Friend vinny

the godfather of magic
Grandpa’s Coins 2...that was beautifully done! Btw...Vinny is no slouch either in the skill and creativity department and in being generous with his knowledge. Thank you Vinny. I agree with everything that has been said by everyone so far. I’d like to also take the opportunity to thank you for being so generous with your knowledge and skill and creativity and for taking the time to support and encourage others including me. I’d also just add that not only do you share your work but you regularly shine the spotlight on others and bring the work of others to the attention of the wider community. We’ve never met but I really do think of you as a friend on the other side of this big pond. John
Awwwwww, thanks fellas...Appreciate all your kind words. ;)

Here's aonther one that came from all the hills & valleys of the journey...It's one of my favorites and I hope it's one of yours... :)

[YOUTUBE]iG6nWQwUt3k[/YOUTUBE]
Hi Marion - we have never met and we have different styles of coin magic but I'd gladly share a beer with anyone who has as much fun as you looked like you were doing those routines..... all the best to you and thanks :)

Nev
:cheers:

There's so many people outside my small sphere of influence that know of my work (who woulda thunk it?), 😁 and to know that I've had even a teeny-weeny influence to encourage and or assist folks in the craft is something I am quite humbled by and extremely proud of.

Where I come from, we have an old saying from the streets, "Each One, Teach One"... As to magic and most other things, it has been my way of thinking & doing, and I truly hope that simple philosophy continues from one magician to another, and ever onward. 🍻
A great magi, and an even better person! A true gentleman, always quick to offer encouragement, as well as being a true knowledge resource.
Thanks for being one of the many really good guys here on the Café, MB.
Keep up the good work, MB :spinningcoin:
Marion, you are really a great coin magician and a very helpful and nice person.
We have never met in person, but we often have contact.
I hope we will meet someday.

Darko
I always enjoy watching your performances, Mb. So much skill yet very relaxed and warming - you're like a fine single malt Scotch whisky.

Your teaching material is a joy, too - I still get a lot of pleasure practicing Double Trouble several times a week, many months after buying it. It's fantastic and I'll be treating myself to another of your routines very soon (..any recommendations?).

So thank *you*, Mb. The pleasure is all ours.
Hey, thanks, my friend...😁 Truly appreciate that. 🙏🏽

That people appreciate my work, makes all the work of it worthwhile.

Here’s one you might want to take on...Some nice stuff in it, with a doozy of an ending I came up with. 😉

[YOUTUBE]rxTF04vddfo[/YOUTUBE]

*Did you know that this video has garnered nearly “2,000,000” views, I think maybe more than any other magic video in YT history. 😊 Not exactly sure how it happened, but seemingly people viewing a music video got magically re-directed to my little video somehow. 🤭 Now, many folks weren’t happy about it and wondered as to where in the world they had been jettisoned to, but many also enjoyed the surprising magic after landing there. I was always happy about that, that despite their displacement, they came to enjoy my magic. 😁 Anyway, now you know the rest of the story. 🎩
Great stuff, Mb, and an amusing story, too. :)

I remember being drawn to quite a few of your routines when I picked up Double Trouble so I'll have another look before deciding. Decisions, decisions - what a nice problem to have!

Thanks again, Mb.
More than decade and half ago in a series of eMail chats with Mb he sent me "a dream."
He did not say I could share ti, but didn't say no either. The thinking has inspired several new effects by me ...

“There was a magician, a very good one that was doing some really great coin effects,
and this old guy walked up and did a very simple trick that left everyone including the magician dumbfounded.
He showed his hand to be empty, closed it and asked a little girl to name a coin.
She did and when he opened his hand there was the exact coin, a nickel.
He closed his hand again and asked a young man to name another coin, and when he opened his hand again, the coin had changed to that coin, a quarter...
He then finally asked the magician and he smartly said "how about a silver dollar-sized copper coin."
Thinking he had the old man stumped, with a confident smile the old guy just as easily closed his hand very slowly and opened it to show the quarter had indeed become a big copper coin,
that he freely twirled in his hand...
As he turned to walk away, he tossed the coin to the little girl and when she caught it, with true amazement it was a piece of candy.
He winked and walked away, and with wonderment on all our faces, so did the magician.”
Hey funs, yeah I remember that dream. I've thought of a few ways as to making it happen, but still none as good as I dreamed it. :) I've never been able to get as close, except for this... ;)

[YOUTUBE]GoVjnrr73Vg[/YOUTUBE]

*And thanks Kong for the kind words as to my work, and hope you keep enjoying "Double Trouble," it's a fun set. :D
Marion's coin magic is the kind of magic I like: direct and to the point. Magical.

He is extremely generous with his knowledge as well. Encouraging.

A good-all-around chap!
Please do not neglect MB's great contributions to coin magic. One of which is the Active MB Finger Palm. Invisible. Palm is empty, fingers are moving. An impossible palm that works surrounded. One of the greatest achievements in coin magic. Try it . Master it.
Show it. YOu will be shocked. They all say not he only has one coin. No ditching, just
"open palms" hehe. thanks MB.
[quote]On Jul 15, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
Please do not neglect MB's great contributions to coin magic. One of which is the Active MB Finger Palm. Invisible. Palm is empty, fingers are moving. An impossible palm that works surrounded. One of the greatest achievements in coin magic. Try it . Master it.
Show it. YOu will be shocked. They all say not he only has one coin. No ditching, just
"open palms" hehe. thanks MB. [/quote]

This sounds interesting! I'm currently deciding which of MB's routines to buy next and you might have just swung it for me. Do you know which teach this palm?

Thanks.
[quote]On Jul 17, 2020, Kong wrote:
[quote]On Jul 15, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
"open palms" hehe. thanks MB. [/quote]

This sounds interesting! I'm currently deciding which of MB's routines to buy next and you might have just swung it for me. Do you know which teach this palm?

Thanks. [/quote]

Yes I'd also like to know where to find this?

BW

Steve
Hey thanks guys for all the good words and interest. I've gotten a lot of PMs and emails behind it and I keep pointing the same way I've been pointing for years now, www.VinnyMarini.com :)

That's the street I live on and where all my magic is kept. ;)

And Maven is right here, you'll find that move in several of my works under, "Liwag Subtlety." Check the download videos on the website, and wherever I so deliberately show my palms, it's probably in there like you see here... ;)

[YOUTUBE]5J7W-5ter1k[/YOUTUBE]

It really is one heckuva move as Maven describes here above, and caused more discussions than a little bit as to what it is, why it is, how can it be, etc. :D People spin it many ways, but what I have shown and taught as to it is as you see it, or maybe as you don't see it, ;) I don't think anyone has shown it or explained it as in-depth like that, at least not when I first started doing it years ago. I thought a lot of the little move, so I did show it, explained it again & again, as I shared it with you. :)
Thank you Marion, for all the advice, help and general nice guyness.
Hey thanks Tom, that's awfully nice of you. :D

And y'know, the advice I give I also take myself, and that's how I kept developing my work, sorta like this...Which in time became so much more, as to both the change and the deception of it all. ;)

[YOUTUBE]DFppp4tARZw[/YOUTUBE]

What a journey! :)
Wow!
EXCELLENT MARION
Brilliant MB 😃
MB,
You are a true Ambassador of coin magic and continue to inspire all of us.
I only wish I lived closer to you so we could spend time together jamming.
Keep on trucking my friend!!

Your Pal,

TC
Man, you all are the best! Thanks and so glad you appreciate the work. :)

*Oh, and here's what that little vid (part) above eventually became for me...a real gem of a trick, even sitting down, and standing & moving about makes it even more devilshly deceptive! ;) And I typically hand out the coin to the specs which blows their mind even more. :D

[YOUTUBE]rCcD5JFSkk8[/YOUTUBE]
Wanted to give a shout out to MB for his lovely little C/S twist routine which I'm currently trying to perfect. As usual his demo is slick and enjoyable, while the method is fairly straightforward but devilishly clever. I love it. Thanks MB for this great contribution, and kind support and encouragement.

BW

Steve
Thank you for that, happy you like the work. :) I have a lot of work like that, aimed at helping folks better learn the basics as to developing a good understanding of how the smaller things become the bigger things. ;) Here's another example... :D

[YOUTUBE]tmbj2To69_k[/YOUTUBE]
Nice MB. Is it a similar level of difficulty?

Cheers

Steve
"Ike and Mikes Revenge" is one of my favorites.
Thanks again guys, Ike & Mike first appeared in my [b]Short Pockets[/b] download as a practice trick, but it evolved to be able to stand on it's own as a really nice coin effect. I've received a great deal of PMs and emails as to it. It was always aimed at building basic skills into greater & greater magic. It's just 2 coins, but really so much more. ;)

And while I'm at it here, I just want to mention how important it is to mix in other things with your coin work. While coins are my favorite part of magic, variety is what helps make you a better overall closeup man. I mix the coins in with other things and the specs are always take by surprise, as I veer left & right on a real roller coaster ride. :DThe coins are the stars of the show, most times open & close, but the jelly in the middle is the variety of other things. That's why in some of my magic I have included little card effects I've thought of. And during these quarantine situations, with so much time on my hands over the many months now, well, let's say it wasn't all coins... :D

[YOUTUBE]GWTTIFHQWxw[/YOUTUBE]

It's helped a decent-at-best coin guy like myself, look like a pretty darn good card (and better all-around closeup) man as well. ;)
[quote]On Jul 30, 2020, stevie c wrote:
Nice MB. Is it a similar level of difficulty?

Cheers

Steve [/quote]

Oh, and stevie, my friend… “Ike & Mike” is not difficult at all, but it does take some practice to use the moves deceptively as you see me play around with it here. I used to do this on the fly for people all around the New York City streets. A lotta fun for one coin that very magically becomes two, and then oh boy, watch out now! 😁
[quote]On Jul 6, 2020, Kanawati wrote:
Grandpa’s Coins 2...that was beautifully done! Btw...Vinny is no slouch either in the skill and creativity department and in being generous with his knowledge. Thank you Vinny. I agree with everything that has been said by everyone so far. I’d like to also take the opportunity to thank you for being so generous with your knowledge and skill and creativity and for taking the time to support and encourage others including me. I’d also just add that not only do you share your work but you regularly shine the spotlight on others and bring the work of others to the attention of the wider community. We’ve never met but I really do think of you as a friend on the other side of this big pond. John [/quote]

[I]"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." [/I]

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now, that's what real magic is all about...and why I say, "Thank you" here. 😊
Thanks MB. I picked I & M up from VM's site. I'm really enjoying working on this stuff and playing around with the different techniques :)
Hey, thanks stevie. I hope you enjoy it. It’s like a seed that keeps growing that allows you to learn, build & create. 😉

And here’s another neat way to get into it from something Michael Eaton does, and a little of my own deceptive razzle-dazzle mixed in. 😉

[YOUTUBE]MMzvaKLGMQA[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Jul 11, 2020, Kong wrote:

I remember being drawn to quite a few of your routines when I picked up Double Trouble so I'll have another look before deciding. Decisions, decisions - what a nice problem to have!

Thanks again, Mb. [/quote]

My pleasure KONG, [B]Double Trouble[/B] is one of my favorite on-the-spot coin effects to do for people, just fun stuff to play with and a bit of nice magical kit to learn & build from. ;)

[YOUTUBE]ibLDOJAQ3rI[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Jul 4, 2020, gkfreed wrote:
Marion,

Thank you for your friendship and all you have shared. [/quote]

To hear from [b]Gary Freed[/b] here is quite humbling, in that he is a really good closeup man with one of the great classic packet card tricks of all time to his name, you might've heard of it, "NFW."

If you've never tried it, you should...It's that good! :) It's truly an amazing trick and I spent many years doing it for people everywhere I went along with my coin effects. Just a perfect card trick for a coin guy, and what fun! :D

That he took time to share a good word here is really something....A sorta recognition of cross pollination that is absolutely magical. :)

Again, again, & again...Thank you, thank you all. ☺️
[quote]On Jul 11, 2020, Kong wrote:

Thanks again, Mb. [/quote]

Hey thanks Kong, that take on "My Fly" was something I came to do a bit more streamlined and casually as a pet effect... :D

[YOUTUBE]X626qo-4nds[/YOUTUBE]
...But if you don't want an effect to be so involved, you just want something cute & fun to do for people as you move about, then perhaps something like this one would work good for you. Nothing hard to it and it is delivered via a nice little story. I have done it for adults and kids as well, they all appreciate the magic in it. :D

[YOUTUBE]EhuxUbbWeMY[/YOUTUBE]
I'll be studying your Crimp Change Redux now, Mb. :) It looks fantastic and is something I'll enjoy practicing so I couldn't resist.

Am I right in thinking you cover your Liwag Subtlety in this one?

It's finished downloading now so I'm off for a look.

Thanks again, Mb!

Edit:
I see that you do cover the Liwag Subtlety. Great stuff.
Thanks for checking it out, it's some of my best work. :)

After first putting out the Crimp Change long ago now, I came to learn quite a bit more about what made the move look and work even better. The [b]Crimp Change ReDux[/b], addressed all the nuances that made the move even more magical. In wrapping it with other devilish deceptions, like the [b]Liwag Subtlety[/b] and using the [b]Quick Pitch[/b], it makes it all more of a weapon than simply a move. :D

I've received a lot of interest in this work over the years, and so happy to see that people still appreciate me sharing what I found and kept finding as to this gem. I've done a lot with the move, like this... ;)

https://vinnymarini.com/index.php/product/marion-boykin-crimp-karate-koin/

Incidentally, I hope you like the manuscript I try to include in most of my downloads. It's where I get to better explain my thinking, and I think it's a better overall value than just you downloading instructional videos, which I also include as well. :) So, while I don't have a book of my work, my manuscripts are sorta my little contribution to that kind of more literary effort.
And funs, as to that old dream effect with the old man, well, I mentioned coming up with a few ways to make that sorta magic happen but nothing any better than the Crimp Change, mostly because it kept leading me further & further down the trail as to magical possibilities, that I really didn’t see anyone else doing quite this way. Not an exact bullseye but another real winner none-the-less... ;)

[YOUTUBE]cFk5PcrIwdc[/YOUTUBE]

I’ve posted quite few of my effects in this string, probably none of which you’ll find in any book, which is why you need to look a bit further than that a lot of times, if for nothing else but to maybe find what you don’t quite expect, from someone or someplace you ordinarily wouldn’t expect it from. 😉
Man, what a journey! 🙏🏼😊
Mb thank you sir you my friend are one of the good guy's you have helped me out mant times over the years :-)
Hey warren, how you been my friend...long time. :D

From now to back then, it remains my pleasure to have helped you along. :) And I appreciate the kind words here...Thank you so much. 🙏🏽

I'm still carrying this on after all this time in trying to help others. *And y'know what, you have just reminded me that I have a [b]Magical Give-Away[/b] for folks if interested, just PM me. ;)

Man, that feeling never gets old and still feels [I]GRRREAT![/I] :D
Thanks MB for the magical little give-away. I must admit it wasn't what I was expecting, but I think that made it all the more enjoyable, and I'm leaning ever more toward your philosophy of keeping things simple and streamlined. I wish I'd seen this some time ago!!

My little library of your stuff from VM's site is giving me lots of enjoyment, and keeps opening up new possibilities and ideas. It's enabled me to be more inventive, and today's little bonus has given me a couple more things to ponder and work on.

Thanks buddy. Top bloke!!!

BW

Steve
Well Mb, I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the notes you sent over. Thank you! I absolutely 100% share your less is more philosophy and you've given me a couple of new things to explore. Your gentle, laid-back approach to the subject is the perfect de-stresser - I could read it all day.

Thanks yet again, Mb. Please take care and keep up your fantastic work.
Hey, thanks you guys, so happy you and so many others are enjoying this bit of magical info. 😊

I was quite surprised by all the interest, and that it has come from people well beyond just this forum, and even a few Magi’s from around the globe, well, that’s truly amazing. 🤗
It jammed-up my in-box a bit but that’s OK...That’s “Good Trouble!” 😁👍🏽

I will continue to make it available as long as people seem to enjoy it and find some real value in it. And as I said, just PM me.😉

And in the meantime here, a little magic...Music maestro, please...😁

[YOUTUBE]kNKFEJXHN3o[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Jul 4, 2020, funsway wrote:
A smile and a wink! Don't forget those.

Ever there - always ready. That is where the magic come from. [/quote]

Yeah, and it don't take much...maybe but a little "assist" to Ol' JW, and a little touch of Liwag... :D. but yeah, always with a "😉 & a 😊"

[YOUTUBE]xC2z7xQZ-6U[/YOUTUBE]
That's excellent, Marion!
Thanks so much, Ray... :) And like the free giveaway above mentioned here, I've gotten a load of PMs again as to this. :D

It's just a little thing, but cleverly pulls the wool even further over their eyes when using JW. ;) I've never seen this little piece of subterfuge used quite like this before as to this move, but perhaps those that know more than I, might know better...I'm a listening??? 👂🏼

Just the same, thanks for all the interest about this and the giveaway. :)
And Mark, I have actually played with a lot of magic, all sorts of coin magic from the classics to quickie-trickys, and I love it all. But the stuff I love the most are the things I came to learn how to create from what I learned on my journey. I have had some prolific moments of creativity and I'm thankful as I found a few nice things digging in those mines. 😁

You mentioned "3 Fly" as to a coin trick you like and it has been a popular effect for many years now, lots of takes on it and I've had a few down that street myself, but my favorite one is something I sorta simplified of it all, and it goes a little something like this...[i]and a 1 - and a 2 - and a 3...[/I] 😉

[YOUTUBE]8UdMhOo6Ytw[/YOUTUBE]
OK, I just got through "again" clearing out my PMs as to the FREE give-away...So, let her rip! :D

So happy people are finding it worthwhile...Always nice to share, and I do appreciate the many suggestions from your own journeys as everyone's magical path is special. :)
Just playing around here for'ya... 🙃

[YOUTUBE]PujieXdUspk[/YOUTUBE]

This little take is what I often do when I just want to POP! their eyes out on the spot. Not much of any of the usual back & forth, just BANG! 😁
[quote]On Oct 21, 2020, pabloinus wrote:
I took advantage of Marion's free give away. It is an essay and recommendation on "less is more" where he presented 5 tricks with coins, cards, close up, etc. that if you use them, you can have an act in a pocket.
I recommend to reach up to Marion and ask for a copy, very generous.

Thanks Marion [/quote]

😉
Man, I never get tired of this trick. It’s something I learned long ago and it inspired me to learn & create all that I have along my journey. It’s still one of the very best coin tricks ever, no matter how you choose to present it.

I’m glad I still do it for people everywhere I go. It truly never gets old and guarantees instant amazement and very big smiles. 😁

[YOUTUBE]LObzIBhLVw4[/YOUTUBE]
I have to admit that I was expecting some finger-flicking good magic in Marion's "give away", but...

It was refreshing to hear him talk about his current thinking on the practice of magic. Borrowing some his own words, he found that by delivering "less", he delivered "more". By focusing on a few/simpler things, I believe that it builds an appreciation for the good magic that is already out there (and it can save a lot of money by doing so).

It's a perspective that, like he mentions, I was slow at getting around to. (the quote that comes to mind is "You already have too much magic" Vernon?). And boy oh boy, couldn't that saved me a lot of money over the years. Ahhh, but that lesson of "less" is a hard one, and will require more effort :)

So thanks Marion, I enjoyed it... and here's to "more" such contemplations.

John
Just picked up Double Trouble. Love this little effect. Gaff free A+ routine.

Thanks MB
Hey , thanks John. I truly appreciate the kind words and so happy that you like the work FREE give-away. I have received a lot of enthusiasm as to it and the magical guidance & encouragement it offers. Thank you, again. :)

*Oh, and the offer still stands...Just PM me. ;)
And Rich, my thinking always starts like that, with one idea eventually flowing into another idea, where usually a move (or moves) evolves into an effect and or routine...Here's an example of something I was playing with quite a while back...

[YOUTUBE]FIdvd5BOLSg[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Sep 8, 2020, Mb217 wrote:
And...

[YOUTUBE]cFk5PcrIwdc[/YOUTUBE]

I’ve posted quite few of my effects in this string, probably none of which you’ll find in any book, which is why you need to look a bit further than that a lot of times, if for nothing else but to maybe find what you don’t quite expect, from someone or someplace you ordinarily wouldn’t expect it from. 😉
Man, what a journey! 🙏🏼😊 [/quote]

And John Jerde, thank you for the kind words and giving my Double Trouble a whirl....It’s a really fun set alright. Hope you enjoy it. 😁👍🏽

And paulieboy, as to my Copper Silver INC. again here...I’m glad you appreciate the smoothness of the effect, honestly it all comes with practice, as does all good things in time. 😊
Talk about going from here to there...Man, here's a blast from the past from my [b]Short Pockets[/b], still one of the best magical things I ever put together, and that's why I continue to make it available on my website. ;)

And believe it or not, along the journey, one rock gets placed upon another one and you eventually come to create even more, like this little piece eventually went into my Copper Silver INC, long ways down the road... :D Man, what a journey.

[YOUTUBE]gvz4fXeAQ-Y[/YOUTUBE]
Didn't think anyone remembered this one until someone posted me about it. That people are still doing this, well, WOW!!! :D

It's another fun one from the journey, and I have made it available again at my website for all those that continue to pass my way. :)

[YOUTUBE]j867JGe9OG0[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Nov 21, 2020, Mb217 wrote:
Didn't think anyone remembered this one until someone posted me about it. That people are still doing this, well, WOW!!! :D

It's another fun one from the journey, and I have made it available again at my website for all those that continue to pass my way. :)

[YOUTUBE]j867JGe9OG0[/YOUTUBE] [/quote]

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Mb(!),...ha!..!
Great seeing you get some of the spot-light!
Even GREATER(!),...seeing you play with the silver!

Ahhhhhh,....
smooth, smooth, smooth.
....and,
every thing has purpose. (😉)
.....that's a secret.

......actually(!),
I HAVEN'T read all four pages yet(!..!)!
But, seeing the Thread,
made my smile from ear to ear(!),..
I had to blabber first!

Now,
I'm going to get to reading. 🤓
Thanks for....the passion,...in sharing.
Gallagher
Appreciate all the applause here, thanks guys. I just wanted to show some of the stuff on how I got from here to there. It wasn't always topflite stuff, but more like moving one step at a time. Most of these things just kept growing and grew into other, bigger works as I continued to figure things out and then add what I had learned along the way. This is one of those things, it was first in my [b]Short Pockets[/b] download, but I kept playing with it, different ways of doing it and brought it out on its own and included the old and newer ways to do it...It's still fun to do after all these years... :)

[YOUTUBE]S8ClZ6CGk1Y[/YOUTUBE]
Man, you guys are just too kind, appreciate all the continuing interest in my work and all the PMs with questions about this one. Most everything is on my website below, but this one was made of a couple of things along my way, even found an original move that was deceptively added to the set. ;)

Anyway, this is one of my favorite tricks still to this day, and my addition of an impossible change really made it a real presentation piece for me. :) The MB Transpo part here was something I came up with and continued to develop from a while back in my [b]Short Pockets[/b], but in eventually adding this final piece to it, I better completed it, giving it an even more remarkably magical ending. :D

Also, I usually never do the trick sitting down (just for the camera here) but always standing and moving about, which I can then do a bit more differently and effectively as I better engage the specs before blowing their minds. :)

[YOUTUBE]0cRDiJfusO4[/YOUTUBE]
Nice, of course - and do I detect a transformation into slimmer you?
Copasetic man,....Copasetic! 😊
(Uncle Bill would be proud!)

It DON'T get better then that. 🙃

Marion, I checked out your 'Gumroad Site'(!).
Nice.
Well organized.
Fun to look thru.

I've learned, from watching you,
thru the years;
some Magic is just sööö good(!),
watching it(!..!)...!,
in itself,....is the satisfaction.

Have a good day,
gallagher
A class act, man this guy! Always there to help us. Thank you MB
Thank you, thank you, thank you... Not just because of the good words about the magic and the new website, but also here as to the recognition of me as just me. WOW!

Oh, and by popular demand, I've decided to pull it out of the shadows and make my [b]MB Transpo PLUS[/b] available as we're about to go into a new year. Nice to look back at something so worthwhile as we move forward to hopefully better days. :)

My old buddy and card guy, Jeremy Hanrahan helped me with this long ago but again, for some reason I never released it. Well, upon heightened and renewed request from the craft (and thanks for all the PMs and emails on it), here it is... Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]URnnApppZv4[/YOUTUBE]
Picked up a couple to add to my "MB Magic" collection. Great stuff at great (and fair) prices.
Hey, thanks PD, I appreciate your support of my work. :)

I appreciate all the interest and compliments as to the NEW website...*Oh, and yes, I just added a manuscript with my new offering of the [b]MB Transpo PLUS[/b]. ;)

I've mostly always done this to lend further insight to the effect, how I got from here to there and why I did this & that. The back story sometimes is more interesting than the story of the journey itself. Also, it gives me the opportunity to better explain things and give you a bit more of the story. ;)

Early on in magic for me, when you bought an effect, all you got was the trick and the printed instructions, there were no videos to download, heck, there wasn't even an internet. :D Anyway, I'm always happy to include this little extra, which for many still remains a big deal as to a physical reference if they so choose to print it out and or maybe just add it to their magic library. :)

*Check it out & Enjoy! :)

https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#ZaYnc
Well, got myself quite a few Christmas presents.

Looks like fun. Thanks for putting yourself, and your magic out there MB217!
Thank you, JR and it has been a great pleasure to share my journey with others, and now with you as well...It is what makes it all worthwhile to me. To see others happily able to do all my effects is quite humbling, and I'm happy that folks continue to enjoy my work.

Hey JR, I'm sure you'll find something you like in there, definitely a lot to keep you busy and having fun with. :)

Thanks again for checking out the website, and I appreciate all the compliments as to it. I will post new and or different effects as we go forward into this New Year.

In the meantime... Happy Holidays to All and Good Will Towards Men. 🎄
Just want to say, I appreciate all the continuing interest in my works all year through. It’s a new start for me in a new place from way back when to now. I’m excited and very grateful for the journey that has brought me to this point. 🙏🏽

And so, yet again here I say...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. 😊

Happy New Year 🎉 and Happy New Magic to all. 🎩

And with that...Now Onward! 👉🏽

*PS...Thanks Julie for all the many years of support...You’ve always been there. Much appreciated, my friend. 😉
Real quick question: Where do you get the "Chinese coin"?
Mine is so obviously NOT a real coin that I dislike using it, but I see from several of your routines that the hole makes for such a nice obvious difference that using an English Penny doesn't really do the effect justice.

I'm loving the videos and .pdfs by the way. The explanations are easy to understand, and the logic you offer makes sense.
I'm back to carrying coins with me everywhere.
First, thanks for all the good words, Josh...so happy you are enjoying my work. 😊

The Chinese coin I use is one I’ve had for many years now, not sure it’s even made anymore, most likely not. But if you’re using half dollar size coins, and you want that hole in the middle aspect to it, try a East African 10 cent piece, they are about the same size, and is a “real” copper coin with a hole in it, pretty one, too. 😉

Incidentally, also quite happy to hear that folks are really liking the new website, I really like it, too. 😁

And glad you are carrying coins “everywhere again”, that’s the way. 👍🏽
So, glad to see you with your own website. The simplicity and focus of your creations should be inspirational to all magicians.

Any thoughts on having insite discussions/forums, etc? That, a place where folks can share results of learning or using your effects,
or using your presentation approach as a framing model? "Where never is heard a disparaging word ..."
Hey, thanks here funs... :D I really try to keep things simple...Why? Well, I can remember early on in magic that things weren't all that simple. Back in those days, if you weren't a part of the click to be able to interact with other magicians at local coffee shops where they met, if you were lucky enough. If you were, then that's where you would learn the good stuff. :D Those were the days. :) And sometimes books weren't all that easy to understand. So, I always thought that I would try to make it easier for people to comprehend when I grew up, :D and with the help of the internet and videos, I've happily been able to do some of that.

And yes, I have been thinking of doing even more, and now that the new website is up & running pretty well, I will try better to figure even more ways to make & keep magic fun, 🎼 ...Where the skies are not cloudy all day 🎶 ;)
It’s been quite a week of great wins and losses. After taking a good while to reflect and to better understand these deep bends in the road, I now look forward to onward...

Appreciate all the PMs and it is my pleasure to help whenever I can as to my work and any magic I may humbly know a little something about.

And again, I appreciate all the continuous visitation to the website, and as promised I have added a couple new things. And I’ll look to add more of my magic periodically. So, keep checking back as like the road, things change.

Thanks again.😊
Hey, just checking here... Has anyone heard from Café member, Ray Haining?

He was a regular poster here on the forum for some years, but haven’t seen a post from him in some while now, months..

Just wondering about him in what was maybe the craziest past year for us all in some time now. Anyway, just concerned a bit. If you’ve heard anything, please post.

In the meantime, I continue to hope all is well: 🙏🏽
Marion, I'm OK. Just recovering from a bit of a health setback (un-Covid related). I should be back in business soon. Thanks for your concern. Much appreciated.
So good to hear...🙏🏽

Keep Moving Forward (KMF!)...👉🏽
I really enjoy stories about magic as they remind me of how I got here in the art. Anyway, here's one that will warm your heart and just make you smile. :) Upon coming across it again, it inspired me to finally put the finishing touches on an old project and now a NEW offering coming soon to my website, called [b]Gifts From The Old Country,[/b] so stay tuned and keep checking back there...;)

In the meantime here, if you've seen it already, well then, watch it again.:D If not, get ready for a real treat as in just a few minutes you'll feel a magic that lasts forever. Either-which-way...Enjoy! :)

[YOUTUBE]DyfM7oLIlp0[/YOUTUBE]
And yes Luke, appreciate you checking out my work... :) And yes, it is the old magic that I appreciate the most. It's the magic that I remember seeing as a kid growing up in NYC, the magic I always strived for. Which is why I have such an appreciation for good old SOH. And I also learned the importance of being a bit well-rounded as to close-up magic in general. And that's why on my website, you'll see a few card tricks along with all the coin work... "variety" has its place and tends to make things quite a bit more interesting. ;)

I actually just posted a card trick on the site, [b]Easy-Peasy[/b], and I always post things that tend to make a decent-at-best coin guy (like myself), look like a pretty darn good card man as well. :D Nothing difficult, but still quite amazing to mix in with all the coin stuff to help make you look like an all-around performer. :) https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#JcNvdX

Anyway, this is a peak at an old friend & Café member here, long gone now, that greatly inspired me onward...He was wonderful with coins, but could really do a fine bit of it all...

[YOUTUBE]HmV3Q8cpCkA[/YOUTUBE]
MB HE WAS THE BEST .......I STILL HAVE TWO DVDS HE SENT ME FROM
Yeah, Werner was quite amazing, and a really accomplished magician, and most respected by his peers in his time.

I'm so glad he took the time to record some of his magic from back then and to post it online, as it shows a real love & fun for the art that carried on for a lifetime for him. I'm just glad his lifetime in magic crossed paths with mine at a time when the internet began to better inter-connect us all. It was a real honor to know him and call him a friend (happier that he thought of me as one), and his fine coin & closeup magic will always be regarded as great encouragement and inspiration.

Happy to just think of him now & again...Wish he was still here to see all the magical stuff I surprisingly came up with. :)
Marion he use to talk about the new york coin gods all the time lol
Marion, you lied, the guy in the MB Transpo Plus is Isaac Hayes, I can sense the vibe...

Great routine
Hey thanks Pab, but I could never be as smooth as Issac Hayes, but glad to be in any comparison to him and his piece of magic called, "Shaft." :)

Happy you like the magic, the [b]MB Transpo[/b] remains a real favorite of mine. :) Happy to share it with others as there's so much to learn from it as to some good coin magic, as it really puts the base in your face. :D

In the meantime, here's another wonderful piece of inspiration as to the art, someone as encouraging to my journey as any of the best I've seen. Proving that you're never too old to learn. And so like the great Yogi Bear would say, "Definitely not your average bear," aka, it don't get much better than this... ;)

[YOUTUBE]xa6K2dFlnFE[/YOUTUBE]
After looking back here over the past year, I thank you all for so many of the kind comments as to my work and as to me. It is humbling to hear that so many people around the country and even the world enjoy my contributions to the art. I look forward to meeting some of you out there as you look forward to also meeting me . :)

I remember all the many fine magicians large & small that I came across along my rambling way, and I truly appreciate each and every one of them. They all showed me something worth remembering them by. Which is why I continue to take the time to show you those that you might not have seen, some that you might not know of their works as well as some notable others. It shows that good magic can come from anywhere, and that's about where I learned it from, thankfully from everywhere. And as always, it's not just about me but about us all.

Like Eric Jones, here's another young man I watched grow in the art with pride. I can remember him first being interested in some of my coin work here, and then going on to so much more.. 👏🏽

[YOUTUBE]9S9H9h1G04s[/YOUTUBE]
Yes MIKE IS A TERIFIC TALENTED MAGICIAN HIS RING ROUTINE IT IS THE BEST EVER.PERHAPS HE WILL POST A PERFORMANCE OF HIS ROUTINE

VINNY
So, to answer some questions from PMs (which I love, so keep them coming)... :D

Sleight of Hand (SOH) or Trick Coin magic?

I've tried them both, and while growing up was always attracted to the tricky coins in the showcase window at the old Tannen's Magic Shop in downtown NYC. I had all the staples like Dime & Penny, Scotch & Soda, Nickels to Dime, Copper Silver coin, etc. And I still like those old tricks, but to be honest, I feel I didn't really learn good coin magic until I began to develop good SOH. It is the "how everything works" part of coin magic, even the tricky coins are developed off the SOH that the creators want to spare you of. So, they are aware of the SOH involved (and usually quite good at it themselves) to come up with trick coins that help you avoid the usualy more challenging moves of manipulating the coins. Clever stuff for sure, but there ain't nothing like learning the deeper understanding of SOH, it's like a key to go through any door, to go anywhere you want. :D

There is one more aspect to consider here, and that is to mix & match both SOH and Tricky Coins, when you do, you get the impossible. But it all still takes practice, that's the secret sauce that makes it look like magic. :)

Some of my work uses both, but SOH is always at the base of it all like this favorite... ;)

[YOUTUBE]FRkhB3hzNSo[/YOUTUBE]
Thanks Grady, appreciate the kind words and recognition. :)

And yes, I add new things periodically to the website and appreciate all the comments about it. As a matter of fact, just added another that I've received quite a few notes of interest about... ;)

[YOUTUBE]ahm5fUTv4kA[/YOUTUBE]

https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#WaszK
Sometimes things get buried down deep under other things that seem more important at the time. It's always a good thing to go back every now & again and check, as that's how I found a lot of my effects that were worthy of their own spotlight. Coupled with some re-newed thinking, approach, and new audiences, an old trick can shine like a new bit of gold again...especially a cutey-pie like this one... ;)

[YOUTUBE]-N_U0wstmkM[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Feb 14, 2021, mindhunter wrote:
With me taking a couple decade hiatus from close-up to focus on my mentalism, my getting back into close-up has me digging out a lot of my old Morgans and other related doubloons. I've struck up some great convos with Marion Boykin, and he has been SO helpful to me regarding something I've been working on.

After catching you with about 20 years of NON Penny & Inner Thoughts posts, I see he has been engaging and helpful with many here at the Café. I also see he has started his own website where he offers some of his incredible effects, and want to post this unsolicited "shout-out" and plug, in case you haven't seen it:

https://gumroad.com/mb217magic

Bryn [/quote]

Thanks so much...Always good to have in some way encouraged good people to this part of the craft, especially someone like this that has done the same things in another important part of the art.

It’s great enough to hear from your own choir every now & again, but when a giant of a guy from another forest in these woods chimes in about you, well, that’s something, and greatly appreciated. ☺️

Big, small & all, it’s always good to go together, all for one. 😊👍🏽
Marion, the use of your Liwag Subtlety in all your videos posted above is amazing. Magicians should study your use of this technique, which is so deceptive. A Liwag added here and there in a coin effect can greatly enhance that effect. It's those little subtleties, those little touches. when added to our tricks, which greatly elevate our magic to a higher level.

You named this thread, "Thank you, so much." I want to thank [i]you[/i] for bringing the Liwag Subtlety to the attention of the magic community. It is a highly valuable tool.
Hey thanks Ray, appreciate the recognition here.

I've been doing & speaking of this for a long time now. As in the beginning, I just wanted to bring attention to something that no one seemed to think much of up until I did. Think I started mentioning, showing & explaining the greater importance of this in about "2008" or so in some of my published work. Up until then, I don't believe it had been so expressed, it didn't even have a name to it so that it could be better identified, demonstrated and explored as I did. I'm happy to have brought it more into focus and shared its brilliance with so many others, here and across the globe, as I really tried to better sprinkle its greater seasoning everywhere for the craft. 😄

Thanks again for the fine recognition by you and so many others of my efforts. 🙏🏽

[YOUTUBE]4jIjHHzvuM0[/YOUTUBE]
Marion(!),
like always,..
a pleasure to watch.

'Powerfull Stuff',..tickles a question out of me, though. (🤔)
In your first Crimp Change tutorial,
is this the 'Blow Change Move' you taught?

The reason I ask, is a bit embarrassing,..
but,
...I origianlly downloaded it to my daughter's computer (😕),
....didn't have my own, at the time.
After learning the 'Crimp',..
I wanted to learn,...'the rest of the story',...
..she'd moved out,..
and won't let me NEAR her button-box today!

Sö,..after all that labbering,..
I guess my question is:
Where do I go to, to learn your 'Blow Change Move'?

Thanks,..
and thanks!
(Ray found the right words,...and thought! 👍)
gallagher
NP my friend, help is on the way. ;)

And thanks for the kind words about my work, and I enjoyed your story about The Greatest, Muhammad Ali (aka, Cassis Clay). I remember him and I having lunch by ourselves during his book tour in NYC back when I covered the sport (Man, I did a little bit of everything). :D We had a blast sharing our love for magic. He even threatened me with that old snarl, grabbing my collar and putting his fist to my chin, as he wanted the secret to a trick I showed him...of course all in the jest that Ali was famous for. Man, what a journey, absolutely magical...And yes, again some Powerful Stuff! :)

[YOUTUBE]PujieXdUspk[/YOUTUBE]
Thank you and I appreciate all the many PMs I’ve received as to this matter of Liwag Subtlety. My story never changes about it, as I called it as it was from the beginning. Plus, it is too well documented here on The Café to try to embellish or change, and that’s because I’ve always told the truth about it. And I don’t think that that truth, that part of the historical record here, has in any way been disproven really, perhaps a bit dismissed as unimportant in some ways, but not disproven. In fact, it is the absolute impetus for all the discussion on all this, at least that’s about where it all starts, with me naming it. I mean, who knew that this little thing, that initially no one seemingly cared anything much about, keeps taking center stage, sorta like the Ambitious Card relentlessly rising to the top of the deck. :D

I’m actually humbled by it all, because at the end of the day, I sorta helped it most to take its own bow as something much more special than it was thought to be by the big, small, and all. And for the record again, if you have my “Little Giant Coin Routine,” aka “Egg Roll” (and a lot of folks do) ;) then you have the work of this in full photo and video explanation, all the way back from circa [b]2008[/b]. And as I remember, it enjoyed good popularity as per the old review strings here on the Café from that time. Here’s a photo (from a series of photos) from the download manuscript, of me showing it, just for the record…

Anyway, it is what it is and always has been really. :) I’m just happy to have shared something provenly more worthwhile than it had been thought to be. Reminds me of the old story of, “Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors,” when young Joe was eventually shown to be much more than the throw-away brother he was initially thought to be…Man, what a triumph. :)
[I]"..Now all you have to do is put one of these in each of your front pants pocket, and a back pocket, and even your jacket pocket and you’re ready to go...A couple are popular, even classic, 1 or 2 tried & tested from off the beaten path, and even a hidden gem in there for you...4 pockets, 5 tricks...And that’s it!..."[/I]

This is from a download on my new website, where I share a bit of my "Less is More" philosophy. I didn't spend a lot of time speaking of my work, as magic shouldn't be just about the "Me, but more so about the "We." My stuff is still all there for you to take a look through, with even some new stuff coming soon, but this is a special download called [b]A Furious 5[/b], and I offer it for [b][I]FREE[/b][/I] there. ;)

http://gumroad.com/mb217magic

I hope you take a look around and check it out...All are welcome. :)
Some good thoughts, therein -- to inspire as well as 'simplify'.

Best perhaps is the parting thought that all magic effects and sources can be great if one "follows."

It is wondrous to see how your site is growing.
Hey, thanks funs... :)

This FREE giveaway was a tremendous success, and I have been happy that people have actually reached out to me about it, even from other forums here. Sometimes, it don't take all that much to extend a good thought or some good magic...

Like just yesterday, a little girl and her grandma were dropping off the community newspaper to my box. Instead of putting it in the mailbox at the curb, she actually ran it right up to my door, where I was sitting on the porch enjoying the day. She was a cute little thing, and as I thanked her, I asked her if she wanted to see some magic. She smiled a great big smile as her grandma yelled, "She sure would...She loves magic, and so do I." And away we go...:D

So, following my own advice, that "Less is More," I just did a little spellbound set for her and granny. Well, their eyes popped out of their heads, as I jazzed it up just a little and then gave the big Morgan to the little girl to look at. :) She marveled at it as grandma said she hadn't seen one of those in a long time. As I took it back, I clearly put it in my left hand, and as they watched it, and then magically I pulled the coin from her ear, and her mouth just dropped & here big eyes widened as she also saw that the coin was gone from my closed fist. What fun! :D

It was nice to do a little magic again for people in person behind all this quarantine stuff. It felt great to make people so honestly smile with enjoyment again...It really doesn't take much. :)

[YOUTUBE]zu1NWs70FZw[/YOUTUBE]

*Oh, and I know it's been said that I shouldn't wave my hand out to the specs like this, but I bet you can see well-enough why I so cavalierly do with great confidence. ;)
[quote]On May 7, 2021, lunatik wrote:
Love seeing MB!! Magic aside (which is amazing), just seems like a wonderful human being :) [/quote]

Much thanks! :)

[I]"... to win the respect of the intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics...This is to have succeeded."[/I]

It's always a nice thing when you can be as much a part of the magic as the magic itself...It just makes the whole experience even more enjoyable and fun for the specs and the magi. I call that a win-win! :)
[quote] On May 7, 2021, Mb217 wrote:

*Oh, and I know it's been said that I shouldn't wave my hand out to the specs like this, but I bet you can see well-enough why I so cavalierly do with great confidence. [/quote]

Marion, it's the "waving the hand out to the specs" that gives your Liwag Subtlety its power. It's disarming, and throws one completely off the scent.
Thanks for noticing, and I agree. 🍻

I’ve been saying for a long time now that this is where the application tremendously differs from that of the more stoic and more background use of Ramsey Subtlety. My usage shows a much more dynamic presence, one that is able to invite specs even more unwittingly into the magical lair, so to speak. 😉

And so, your hand stays deceptively in the moments right up close, palm down and even palm up. I certainly “realize” what I’m doing when I use it, and the complete deceit is undeniable as to the magic and the overall responses.

Thank you for this greater recognition and appreciation. It is one that many have incorporated into their magic to great success. And I’m happy to have shared its overall deeper, much more pronounced ability with the craft. 😊
Roy, that is a good question...

I have spoken on balancing out your coin magic with other things many times now, and still believe that it all helps to make you an even better magician, and helps to make your coin work even stronger, sorta like a good intermission act. I much prefer the coin work as presented by guys like an Eric Jones, Jay Sankey, etc., because they mix it up and keep it interesting.

Now, I’ve seen a lot of good coin men but honestly very few of them any better than Eric Jones, truth be told, and despite being a remarkable coin guy on every level, he can do it all, sorta along the lines of the difference between Michael Jackson and Frank Sinatra...I mean, Luck be a Lady is nice, but then there’s Billie Jean, Check the differences to see the differences, potentials & possibilities, I’m just sayin’.😁

Ultimately, to each his own. 🙏🏽 Some just play with the coins exclusively and that’s fine but maybe more fun to them than everyone else,😁 except maybe a crowd gathered for just that, where specialty has its place. But variety is the spice of life in all things, and throwing in a few other well-placed effects can work as a good respite and great build up to your greater love of coin magic. You may not know it, but I like cards and other closeup magic, too, and better learned the art from the more well rounded along my way of the big, small & all. I truly appreciate it all, and so while having a specialty in coin magic, I’m happy to be able to do a bit more to some decent degree, PLUS, it’s even more fun. 😁 I have a mini-book coming real soon toward all this, “Gifts From The Old Country” ...Stay tuned. 👍🏽
Thank you for your patience... My latest offering is now available, [b]Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini Magic Book[/b]

It's magic for everybody. Enjoy! :)

https://gumroad.com/mb217magic?sort=price_desc#bUljP
WOW! Thanks for all the interest in my little magic book. 😁

It’s just a few little of things from the journey, from the many seeds that helped to feed me along the way, I hope they help give all of you what they gave me as to sign posts here & there that I was as going the right ways.

And of course, if you have any questions, you’ll know where to find me. 😉

Thank you, thank you, thank you. 🙏🏽
[quote]On Jun 15, 2021, takeachance wrote:

…Mb217 is a valued member who gives members here access to his own fantastic routines for pennies. Also he is very generous with his help to other members here.
…Café members are lucky to have small cottage low profile pro's like Mb217 for the last 18 years. His stuff is affordable and almost exclusive to us here on the Café. Oh and I should add, it's very very good material. [/quote]

🙏🏽
[quote]On Jun 12, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
MB is one of the good eggs on the Café, always supportive and has a vast amount of knowledge that he kindly shares. He is a fantastic coin worker, so if you are looking for some really nice stuff then check him out. [/quote]
[quote]On Jun 15, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
I think it is wonderfully open and honest when someone comes on here with a new idea that they have and actually claim that it is indeed their product...And I have to agree MB is one of the gems here on the Café that I appreciate very much.

Good magic to all,

Eric [/quote]

Thanks Gumbi... :)

And appreciate all the PMs, about the different effects offered on my NEW "Gifts From The Old Country" Mini Book. Particularly, the notes about my "Still Gadabout Gadabout" aka [b]Pa's Famous 3 Coin Trick[/b], my take on the classic Gadabout Coins.

So, to address a few of your questions...as you become better with the sleights, your creativity increases and you start to see many ways to skin a cat, some better than others, some totally unnecessary. I think I hit upon a nice combination of phases, a bit different and interesting in presenting the old trick that gives a few new looks to it.

And yes, I do think Gadabout Coins is a great trick (seriously),😊 one of the very best because it teaches you the combination of what it takes to do good coin magic, while leaving the door open to your own creativity. It's hard for me to watch much of any coin magic and not see Gadabout in there somewhere, from the patter to the misdirection to the deception of it all, it is a quintessential coin trick, mostly because it truly leads you everywhere else in the genre. And above everything else, it's something that everyone can do and find enjoyment in presenting some really good coin magic.

So that's why I included it in this Mini Book with my take on it. Hopefully, along with all the other stuff in there (including some good card tricks for coin guys), 😁 it inspires you onward & upward. 🚀

Again, thanks for all the interest. :)
Thanks for all the PMs, and Good questions, Rob... :D

The Mini-Book includes 5 effects, a closeup opener, an absolutely great coin trick, and even a few clever card effects that even coin guys can do. :D

[b]Nana’s Purse[/b]
This is a cute little closeup trick that helps you to magically produce a coin via an invisible purse (aka, the old Purse Frame). ;)

[b]Grandpa’s Favorite Card Trick[/b]
My grandpa used to kill people with this as he told the story of his favorite card, that miraculously changes into your favorite card. :D

[b]Pa’s Famous 3 Coin Trick[/b]
This is my take on the old Gadabout Coins, with some clever & fresh looks to it that'll make it the only coin trick you'll need to present.🎩

[b]The Godfather's Peekaboo[/b]
I have to thank The Godfather for his help with this little card trick, and you know he's one tricky dude. It's a clever little pick-a-card. 😉

[b]Uncle Bub's FLIP[/b]
If you like moves, you'll love this one, where a chosen card is lost into the deck but with a flip of the deck this way & that to find the chosen card as the only face down card when the deck is spread face up. 🤸🏽‍♂️

So, you get a complete closeup suite of effects. Good thing is that there's nothing hard here, just add some practice and you'll be fooling everybody, the way I was tricked again & again by all the old guys from my journey with nothing but magical gems like these in their pockets. :)

HEY THANKS MARION THANK U FOR THE PLUG ,CANT WAIT TO GET YOUR BOOK.
and that's a clever nanme for the trick,,,,,Keep up the great work, you are now a force in the magic community,
Coin magicians' as I do can view you as one of the best coin workers on the planet./...
vinny the godfather of magic
Hey thanks Godfather, you got a lot of tricky moves and this one works so well for this trick.

I referred to "The Godfather's Peek-a-Boo" as a pick a card, but really it's more of a think-a-card... Very clever and easy to do. :D
WooHoo! Got a chance today to do some magic for some kids at park & zoo, just playing with some coin stuff and of course tried out my new take on Gadabout Coins from my new Mini Book. 😁 Forget the kids, the parents and park attendants went wild. 😂
It is us who should be thanking you my friend.

So, thank you Marion.

Take care,

Tom Fenton
And thank "you," my friend. :)

I've always tried to affordably share my works with the craft, and been doing that for what seems like quite a while now, closing in on 2 decades. WOW, what a journey. :)

I haven't made a million dollars on my offerings :D but was never trying to do that, as I just wanted to share what I thought was good magic. I was lucky to happen upon a few interesting things along my way. All of it helped to make me better & better and I just thought it would do the same for others. You don't have to be a pro or some great & powerful Oz to do good magic. Just a few nice things in your pocket and a desire to make people smile will most times do the trick. ;)

My latest offering, [b]Gifts From The Old Country[/b] continues my journey along an old road for me now that continues to widen, and perhaps a new or beginning road for others. Glad to see that people are checking it out. :dance:
OK, so I promised some people that I might add a BONUS or two to the new Mini Magic Book, and I have...Just did it. :)

And wait, before I get emails and PMs from all that have already gotten it, don't worry...I am emailing the BONUS addition to everyone that supported the original work as well. ;) So everyone will get a little extra something. :) Man, I love this new website. :D

Much appreciated guys, and especially you MaGoo :D and happy to hear you all are enjoying the work. :)

And glad you new bunch of folks like the new take on Gadabout aka, "Pa's Famous 3 Coin Trick," I really like doing that one, and better than that, that you guys are giving the easy to do card tricks a big thumbs up! :D Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the continued interest in all the other effects on the website that I came up with, and it really is difficult for me to say what's best of it, as I've enjoyed doing it all for people from then to now. I still do quite a bit of it for folks wherever I go, but if I had to teach something to somebody, it might be this take on the old Gadabout Coins...It's just everything that good coin magic is all about, of course with a few new twists & turns to it. ;)
[quote] Hi Mb,

I hope you're all good and life is treating you well.

Well that's a nice surprise! What a wonderful trick and performance - you well and truly fooled me. Thanks for sharing, Mb, I really appreciate it. The handling is new to me and will be something I work on for sure. -Kong [/quote]

Thank you so much and enjoy the work. 😊
Https://youtu.be/gv73a3tN_KA GREAT SONG MB GOES WITH YOUR COIN MAGIC
THEREIS NOTHING MORE I CAN ADD TO THIS WONDERFUL POST..;.PLEASE KLEEP YOUR MAGIC coming

godfather
[quote] KiKi wrote:
Man, this little book looks quiet interesting MB!

[/quote]

Thanks. The whole package is a nice bit to play with, practice & perform. 😁
It's not always about us, it's about realizing that it's about ALL of us.

With that, this is beautiful...This is what good coin magic looks like and feels like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa6K2dFlnFE&t=5s
[quote]On Aug 3, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
It's not always about us, it's about realizing that it's about ALL of us.

With that, this is beautiful...This is what good coin magic looks like and feels like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa6K2dFlnFE&t=5s [/quote]

My gosh! Who is she?

Doug
Hiya Doug, :)

"Good, Better, Best, never let it rest...Until your good is better, and your better best." ;)

That is Claudia, a real gem of a coin magician that passed through this way long ago. We were lucky to have her special brand of coin magic. :)

I believe she once mentioned this guy as one of of her inspirations in the art. I can see why, as he is a real champion and shows how a good coin man can mix it up and make it even more wonderful an experience. Here, he does it all as to coin magic, all the moves are there presented quite beautifully for a first place finish. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDeoy-0ZtU
I believe she once mentioned this guy as one of of her inspirations in the art. I can see why, as he is a real champion and shows how a good coin man can mix it up and make it even more wonderful an experience. Here, he does it all as to coin magic, all the moves are there presented quite beautifully for a first place finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xDeoy-0ZtU [/quote]

How amazing is that routine?!? What a great role model. Just fantastic to watch!!!!

Thanks for posting:)

Thank you
I enjoy good coin magic, from the good, better, best, and all the rest of us. 😁

Once upon a time, this magi came along and amazed the big & small with his very special brand of magic, quite unique and not like every one else’s. His magic is hard to resist or deny, and oh so beautiful to watch. Glad to be able to call him a friend, and you can see here what I mean as to some powerful stuff…😉

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rlYLZpfEqfM
While I quit counting years ago, I did want this specific post be in support of what you are doing with magic. When I hit 10,000 I will post on your site also.
The very best are the ones that can do it all...And with that this is still one of the very best coin routines I've ever seen, from one of the very best closeup men anywhere, it's got a little bit of everything in it, and I do mean "everything"... :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfHaNhBJXe0
MB .. been following your posts and performances for years .. and I have to agree with so many before me .. your willingness to help, answer questions, and give PRACTICAL answers and suggestions are greatly appreciated !! There is so much that can distract us from the joy of magic .. but you seem to pull us all back to a safe place !! Thanks for all you do and all the support that you provide !!
Thank you jp for those very kind words. 🙏🏽 I’m very happy to have been of some help to folks as to the art. And speaking of “practical,” well I experienced that in a really fun way all this summer. 😊

Y’see, we babysat my grandson all summer and took him to our town park nearly everyday to work off some of his 3yr old energy. 😁 We got to know quite a few of the
little kids there, and I decided to try a little magic and it became an everyday request from the little ones, and even the parents.😁

I had to keep things short for their attention spans, as I was competing with the wonderful playground and fun water sprinkler, but found an organic way to memorably amaze them. I would ask them to simply pick up a stick or small tree limb off the ground (which they regularly do anyway), 😁 and we used that as a magic wand. I’d take out a big silver dollar that would always catch their eye, place the coin in my left hand and take the stick, errrrrr I mean magic wand, and wave it around my hand 3 times and then with a tap, the big coin was gone. Ooohs & ahhhs with big eyes was always the response, even from the parents, who I would always tell up front with a smile & a wink, “This only works on children” (Children of all ages, little did they know.) 😁

Now, I let the kids be the magician and after showing that the coin is completely gone, I let them take the stick, errrrrrr I mean magic wand 😁 and wave it 3 times around my empty closed fist and give it a tap as I did. Then I slowly open my hand to show that they have magically made the big coin reappear. Their mouths drop, and so do their parent’s. 😉 They look at the stick they had found on the ground with wonder, and I tell them to keep it and remember the great magic it has. Every child over this summer took it with them with awe, and remembered me every time they came back to the park…My grandson had lots of friends to play with all summer, thanks to some old sticks and a little magic that we all did together again & again. 😊

And again, thank you jp. 😊

[i]“…To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…This is to have succeeded.”[/i] -Ralph Waldo Emerson
[quote]On Aug 21, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
Thank you jp for those very kind words. 🙏🏽 I’m very happy to have been of some help to folks as to the art. And speaking of “practical,” well I experienced that in a really fun way all this summer. 😊

Y’see, we babysat my grandson all summer and took him to our town park nearly everyday to work off some of his 3yr old energy. 😁 We got to know quite a few of the
little kids there, and I decided to try a little magic and it became an everyday request from the little ones, and even the parents.😁

I had to keep things short for their attention spans, as I was competing with the wonderful playground and fun water sprinkler, but found an organic way to memorably amaze them. I would ask them to simply pick up a stick or small tree limb off the ground (which they regularly do anyway), 😁 and we used that as a magic wand. I’d take out a big silver dollar that would always catch their eye, place the coin in my left hand and take the stick, errrrrr I mean magic wand, and wave it around my hand 3 times and then with a tap, the big coin was gone. Ooohs & ahhhs with big eyes was always the response, even from the parents, who I would always tell up front with a smile & a wink, “This only works on children” (Children of all ages, little did they know.) 😁

Now, I let the kids be the magician and after showing that the coin is completely gone, I let them take the stick, errrrrrr I mean magic wand 😁 and wave it 3 times around my empty closed fist and give it a tap as I did. Then I slowly open my hand to show that they have magically made the big coin reappear. Their mouths drop, and so do their parent’s. 😉 They look at the stick they had found on the ground with wonder, and I tell them to keep it and remember the great magic it has. Every child over this summer took it with them with awe, and remembered me every time they came back to the park…My grandson had lots of friends to play with all summer, thanks to some old sticks and a little magic that we all did together again & again. 😊

And again, thank you jp. 😊

[i]“…To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children…This is to have succeeded.”[/i] -Ralph Waldo Emerson [/quote]

Thank you for sharing the story.
Some people wonder if, as magicians, we are jaded to the magic tricks... It is with reactions like those you shared... THAT is the true magic.
Thanks, my friend...And yes, it don't take much, just the right stuff at the right time. :)

...I remember long ago first meeting this guy and he showed me the simplicity of what a single move could do with a little creativity...And he showed this to me in real time as we sat at a table in the middle of a motel restaurant as he amazed everyone around us...completely surrounded. And I see he keeps taking it more & more down the road of his unique style of magic...Nice touch! ;)

www.facebook.com/100000841167119/videos/524084222194143/
Hey big guy! Missed you brother!
[quote]On Aug 26, 2021, rannie wrote:
Hey big guy! Missed you brother! [/quote]

I think everyone missed you BOSS!!
Ran my Man, so good to hear from you old friend. Heard you have been busy doing lot's of interesting things, home & away. Proud of you brother. How's the magic been going for you? Im sure you still have it all at the ready when the time is right. :D

If any of you out there haven't heard of Rannie's magic, you should check him out, he's really good at that and many other things as well. An amazing individual, way beyond the magic. :)

https://youtu.be/Xh3IjqxVoW0
Thank you, Morie for the PM of kind words about my website and particularly my NEW Mini Magic Book, it does have a bit of everything to it. 😁

And I’m glad that, as admittedly mostly a card guy, you are playing around with the coin trick as I present it. I have found that it is as good a coin trick as the best of them out there. A little added clever play to it here shines it up quite a bit, and gives you a bright new way as to an old road that is at the very core of any good coin magic. Happy to hear that folks are finding it interesting & fun to do. And of course, there’s other stuff in the little book to play with as good companions for “Pa’s Famous 3 Coin Trick.” 😊

https://mb217magic.gumroad.com/#bUljP

And again, thank you. 🙏🏽
I always enjoy showing not just my magic but the magic of others and the greater “all” of us, especially when it comes to some that have really excelled, and in this case right from this very forum. He really took his magic over the moon and back, right before our very eyes here. I knew he was just that good when I first saw him and I told everyone I could here of his budding prowess, and he has proven again & again that he is indeed one of the very best.

There’s no one else quite like him as to style & presentation. Still proud to call him a friend, and thankful for all the wonderful magic he has shared…😊

https://youtu.be/dnzS-GZUpbk
Thanks for all the recurring traffic at my website, I try to update it with different things of interest... :)

Oh, and can't forget about this guy, a tremendously clever, champion of a closeup man that can work the coins as well as any of the best. You don't hear his name much, but he is something else to watch work. I remember the first time I saw him... WOW! :D

https://youtu.be/JcyjYVpsyas?t=37
Mark, glad that you are having so much fun with my “Pa’s Famous 3 Coin Trick” from my latest, Little Magic Book. I was inspired by a variety of moves from different takes on the old effect, and with a few of my own thrown in for good measure, came up with a another good turn to it, with even more fair openness to the displays. 😉

It really is a wonderful coin trick, as good a trick as ever a good trick there was. 😁 So interactive, and just fun to learn & do.

Here is one of the inspirations for my take on it, created by another wonderful old closeup guy that you don’t hear much about any more…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=asutRJZ9rBo
Hey Marion, it's been a while. It's good to see you again. This evening I was reminded how fantastic your routines are when I forwarded a link to one of your performance videos to a friend (who was blown away, by the way).

I've neglected my coin practice recently. Not completely - I've still been working through some moves from time to time - but events have distracted me from my usual routine. I think it's now time I returned to your stuff (and Tyler's), with more focus once again. It really is some of the best stuff out there.

Thanks buddy, it's good to be back.
Hiya Kong, yes, long time my friend. And thanks for these really big & kind words as to my work.😊 So happy that folks continue to find my routines worthwhile and fun. I still play with a lot of them myself and glad to know that others do to. 😁

And while I’m no such great & powerful Oz, I’m happy to have made a spark or two here & there along my journey, and to have shared it with so many others as I went. So glad your friend enjoyed my magic, so glad you still do, too. 🙏🏽

And it’s good to always come back home to this stuff again & again, it’s always so welcoming and strangely just as much fun. 😊

*Hey, how about a little magic for old times sake.. Enjoy! 😉

https://youtu.be/iG6nWQwUt3k
[quote]On Sep 29, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
And while I’m no such great & powerful Oz, I’m happy to have made a spark or two here & there along my journey... [/quote]

You are truly one of the GREATS, and I salute you, my friend! :)

Doug
Doug, you are too kind, my friend. ☺️ Thank you and I’ve purposely made my magic easy to follow so that it could be attainable by most with some practice. Happy to see that folks have supported my works all these years, that it makes good sense towards some doable, on-the-spot coin magic. 😊

Thought people had forgotten about it, but here’s one I just reposted on my website after a real long while now…

[YOUTUBE]j867JGe9OG0[/YOUTUBE]

https://mb217magic.gumroad.com/l/jIWXv
Thanks for remembering, Bob. 😊

Yes, I came up with several ways to ramp up classic effects using the Crimp Change by way of a most deceptive suite of sleights. These moves have served me and many people well, and allowed me to use more than just coins in a magical way to show a miraculous change of a coin to an incredible object. 😉

Here’s the example Bob reminded me of…

[YOUTUBE]-N_U0wstmkM[/YOUTUBE]
Has been a long time since I visited the Coin Magic section at the Café. I noticed this posting and wanted to say a few words.

I got and learned several of Marion's coin routine downloads during the years. He is on the top of my list of Coin Magic creators and gifted performers. He is a good friend to all in the Café, and always ready to lend a hand or give sound advice.

Whether you are new or experienced in Coin Magic I really recommend visiting his website and taking a look at all his offerings. You will gain a lot learning the coin routines and secrets so well explained by a skillful coin master.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bambu…Truly appreciate all the kind words here about my magic. 😀

Another friend mentioned to me about the simplicity in my takes on magic, and used this as an example…an old effect I used to do around the office, and at company parties. 😊 It always made the ladies jump with joy. Nothing difficult, but when presented so cleanly and openly, it’s just hard not to believe in the absolute unbelievable…😉

[YOUTUBE]RWhEGz4aqmU[/YOUTUBE]
Smooth!
[quote]On Nov 3, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
Mb217 very very nice!

Good magic to all,

Eric [/quote]

Thanks guys for the kind words of recognition. ☺️
It’s always good to stop and remember sometimes…where we come from and or how we got here. Perhaps this is a good place and time to pause for a moment…

With that, you might’ve noticed that I am taken to recognizing the magic of others and not just my own here, the big, small, and all of it. Before I ever had my own, I saw and enjoyed, admired it in others. The stories of my humble journey are too many to recount, but this sorta takes me back to the beginning and then all along the way somewhat, from then to now. And I’m sure tomorrow is in there too, somewhere magically beyond all the folded yesterdays of it all. You tell me…how did you get here? And take your time…😉

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DyfM7oLIlp0
Still think this is a great set by David Roth. I continue to recommend it as a complete presentation. You practice it and make this your own, and it’s about all the coin magic you ever have to present to be seen as an absolute wizard.

Man, Roth was amazing in so many ways, all of which will always continue to make him quite unforgettable…👑

[YOUTUBE]4b6dRSLMzZU[/YOUTUBE]
Thank you MB for sharing your work and your style!
It is truly my pleasure. 😊

I got it all from my journey, as mostly all others do too. A lot of the stuff you come across might need greater view & application given to it as I did regarding the use of Liwag Subtlety. Doubt if it would’ve been as highly thought about without my eye to it, all of what more it is and could be. Found a lot of stuff like that along the way that helped me to better myself and create my works. Got a handful of them that I’m really proud of, but mostly I’m happy that I got the chance to share them with so many fine others like you. 😊

Happy Holidays to all, and Good Will Towards Men. 🙏🏽
You know I like bringing you the big, small, and all of us here as it’s not just about me. And oftentimes you might not hear of some magnificent others out there. Today I bring you another wonderful worker, a tremendous closeup man that can work coins as good & better as anyone out there. Don’t believe me, just watch this…Take it away, Doug. 😉

[YOUTUBE]VKubfYSCY98[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]On Dec 12, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
You know I like bringing you the big, small, and all of us here as it’s not just about me. And oftentimes you might not hear of some magnificent others out there. Today I bring you another wonderful worker, a tremendous closeup man that can work coins as good & better as anyone out there. Don’t believe me, just watch this…Take it away, Doug. 😉

[YOUTUBE]VKubfYSCY98[/YOUTUBE] [/quote]

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Hey, in case you missed what Doug was showing you here, here’s a little more…but don’t blink. 😉

[YOUTUBE]WjddD36ENng[/YOUTUBE]
From whence we come… 🙏🏽

[YOUTUBE]TZLc4YqMIIQ[/YOUTUBE]

Happy Holidays to all. 🎄
With all the emphasis today on achieving the best "burn" and use of the nowhere palm, etc., it's nice to see some good ol' magic coin vanishes. Yes, the man wrote the book on this stuff. Thanks Mb.
Yeah, the old stuff is sooooo goooood!

Here is a bit from an old friend of the Café, from his good old days…😊

This is the kind of magic I remember growing up in NYC, from the old guys that were really clever in making magic look like magic.

[YOUTUBE]2KlckeHMtow[/YOUTUBE]
Wishing everyone the best of all things in magic and in life, in this coming New Year…Here we go again! 😊🙏🏽🎉
Marion,
You set a great example of kindness to everyone around the Café.

Happy New Year my friend!

:bubbly: :bubbly: :dancing:
Thank you my friend, and yeah, here we go again…Let’s go! 😊

Here’s another stellar closeup man with a real knack for the coins…😉

[YOUTUBE]Gsm6o20SLps[/YOUTUBE]
I lost another part of my journey today, a childhood friend that we actually began magic together as kids growing up in much less than humble beginnings in the Harlem area of NYC. I remember we used to save our little pennies for a month just to go downtown to Tannen’s on a Saturday morning to buy a few tricks and watch all the magic. He got to be really good early on, especially with coins & cards, but left it later on down the line for a relative higher calling. Man, I’ve been some places with some extraordinary people along my way (early on & later on), and an old Café member, “DOC” was one of them…😔

This is what a pretty darn good magician & closeup man had to say about my old friend…

“Sad news that Eric McMullen known in our world of gambling & magic as DOC passed away today. DOC was very underground but he was a legendary gambling expert. You could think of him as the Michael Jordan of gambling, he was at the top of his field. He was one of those people who I always wanted to meet, but never had the opportunity. A number of my friends around the world were fortunate to make the connection and the stories they tell of his ability with a deck of cards are amazing.

Non-magicians sometime ask if magicians reveal all their secrets or take them to their grave. In the case of DOC I'm sure there are quite a few "secrets" that will disappear with his passing. He had a huge amount of knowledge about the subject of gambling combined with real world experience... but he was also very secretive, as you would expect. Rest in Peace DOC.... you made a name for yourself in this world and we will speak of you often, while having a beer and arguing over who was the best of the best. You will always be at the top of that list.”

- Paul Gertner

Man, you just never know about people, just who will think what of who. From one champion to another, this is real high regard and praise given here for my old friend, and it is echoed by many fine others as to his great powers and being.

RIP old friend. 🙏🏽♥️
Just a peek at one of the many levels of greatness…

[YOUTUBE]3WHi0Oo00gI[/YOUTUBE]
Just thinking how years back now, Ponta The Smith from Japan, took the coin world by storm and changed it with his handlings and new applications. It was all quite remarkable to see all the old stuff hopped-up to be something a bit more than what it was or though it could be. It all just takes a different eye and approach to make something different. Never heard a lot from the old-heads as to Ponta, but he was a real rage to everyone else. And no doubt gave a much infused boost as to interest in coin magic, over there and over here as well. He obviously had great reverence for Roth’s work, as he put forth new spins on his old routines. And I think he once said he never actually met the man. Hard to believe as popular as he became worldwide.

Another guy away from here that did that by bringing a new flavor to coin magic is this guy here. His magic is not your run-of-the-mill stuff, but champion-level, see here for yourself…

https://youtu.be/9hQaxaX7-5A
Yeah, I love Mario's work. He has a great curiosity/innocence/wonder that he brings that I don't see a lot of folks using.
[quote]On Jan 14, 2022, Mb217 wrote:

Another guy away from here that did that by bringing a new flavor to coin magic is this guy here. His magic is not your run-of-the-mill stuff, but champion-level, see here for yourself…

https://youtu.be/9hQaxaX7-5A [/quote]
Yes.
I tell’ya, I would be much of nothing without all these guys contributions. Not just the big boys, but many of these guys that are just as good and or better, but just not talked about as much. Giacomo Bertini was one of those guys, remember him?…I can’t forget him, and remember when he came on the larger scene with his own brand of amazing coin magic and shocked the world as to his fine & unique abilities. And man, what a really nice guy, too. So proud of all his successes. 😊

Anyway, it is a collection of all these guys and more that goes into what I do, little bits & pieces, remembrances of this & that, that produces things like this…Forgive me for not standing, as believe me, that would lend fuller deception to it all, but I’m sure you get the greater idea as to how powerful the magic plays in real time. And like an old record (remember them?), I’ve played it many times for people…😉

[YOUTUBE]rCcD5JFSkk8[/YOUTUBE]
I would be absolutely remiss to not highlight here another important coin man, that also took coin magic by storm with his amazing abilities and unique presentations. People were mesmerized by him, and not just specs but magicians as well. How lucky can one man be, I’ve always been able to call him a friend…Enjoy! 😊

[YOUTUBE]YnbDnQJbYJA[/YOUTUBE]
A few words from The Maestro…😊

[YOUTUBE]BKyfp-ZS1mk[/YOUTUBE]

What a journey. And to have known him somewhat on my road is a real blessing… 🙏🏽
From Roth to this guy…Man, he reminds me of my old friend, Mano as to his amazing abilities and always forward thinking.

You can see the heightened creativity and ability. There is deep thinking going on here, which is why you see the heightened level of what you see, or don’t see. 😉

[YOUTUBE]xwfsQfxgT3U[/YOUTUBE]

Now, he’s doing the same things we’ve always done, only at a higher level which unleashes even greater beauty and application. It opens new doors for us. There are plenty of books written on what was, what is, but as to what can be, well, that’s always up to you. 😊

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.” - Albert Einstein
I was just thinking of a few super moves that made coin magic just out of this world for me and many others. There have been many, some that I thought to spend some time with and some I could do, and some that just never clicked for me. Thinking back, besides the obligatory learning of the coin roll, I can remember some wonderful but knacky moves that once you get them down good, man, you have an instant gem in your pocket forever, magical things that most others weren’t doing. Some of those moves included:

[b]The Sylvester Pitch[/b]: Man, this is just something to watch, a symphony of movement with coins. I’m so glad I learned it long ago, and even added my own spin to it called, The Quick Pitch.

[b]The Parallel Sleeve Vanish[/b]: This vanish remains one of the best I’ve ever seen. It looks like pure magic. I also came up with a nice take on it in my, “One and Only” download.

[b]The Toss Change[/b]: Now, this move is what’s used in Ponta The Smith’s stellar take on The Homing Coin. With just a toss, one coin changes to another. He makes it look easy, but it’s not. 😁

*And last but not least…

[b]The Crimp Change[/b]: When you get this down good, then you have IMHO one of the very best one-handed change of a coin anywhere. There are several nuances to it that I came better to realize, but they help make it something worth learning as within a routine or as an amazing piece of some instant magic. 😉

*The work: https://mb217magic.gumroad.com/l/htElq

**An effect: https://mb217magic.gumroad.com/l/ZaYnc

There are many other interesting moves out there, but these few have been fun ones for me. They took time to learn and to do well, which made them even more important to me. I can remember just fighting with these things, until one day…BANG!, I had it. Man, what a feeling. 😁
Man, this is my “9000th” post…WOW! Have I been around that long? 😁

Anyway, this kid is pretty good… 🤔

[YOUTUBE]piqLxurlL1A[/YOUTUBE]

I enjoy bringing you magic from off the beaten path, not necessarily top stuff from great magicians, but also the stuff that helps to make you great no matter your level. We should all be so lucky to start here, so young. 😊

How old were you when you got to be this good?
Sometimes it’s good to just leave well enough alone. And whenever I see this, I think that. 😊

Still after all these many years, and amongst a few other really good takes on the genre (including my own [b]KrazyKoinZ Across[/b]), I still think this is one of the very best coins across routines ever. I used to do it all the time, and it’s one of those routines that just teach you a bit of everything as to top-flite coin magic. Probably because it came from a top-flite coin guy… 😉

If you’ve never given it a try, you should as it’s more than worth the time and then some.

[YOUTUBE]_NNH4UpBtnE[/YOUTUBE]
I was just thinking again as to the magic we do and how & why we do it. 🤔

I still like playing with things and tinker here & there with this & that, with the greatest other interest of late in a little card magic. But coins are my first love, and I still have them in my hands almost every day, and this has been for decades now. While I know any number of tricks, it’s funny how you settle down into just a few that feel comfortable to present anywhere at anytime. I’m always going around places, so for me, from my website, [b]MB Transpo PLUS[/b] and [b]Double Trouble[/b] have served me well as to some amazing & immediate coin magic. 😁 They have a little bit of everything in them. And my Transpo presentation can be extended or shortened and still pack a punch while moving about. And everything is examinable and just right out front with just a couple of coins PLUS a little razzmatazz for a neat little cherry on top. 🍒

Just wondering as to what coin trick people present most, or practice & play around with most…And why that particular trick?
Eminent Coin Production. It took me many decades to refine the techniques in search of the "best possible production of four individual coins." (no gaffs)
I had a blindspot from thinking like a performer instead of a spectator. Then I 'conjured up' FullOn methods and followed.

It isn't an effect, but most any can follow that uses 3-4 coins. You could even sneak in a gaff if desired (TUC, Split, etc.)

I can't do many full routines any more with crippled hands, but this I can manage.
And, because I can, I must.

I don't call it "perfect" or "ultimate" because maybe I will inspire someone to do even better. ;)
I don't visit the Café much nowadays, so its nice to hear from people that I consider friends. MB is one of those in which I treasure. Keep it up and I support you all the way!
[quote]On Feb 27, 2022, Agaton wrote:
...its nice to hear from people that I consider friends. MB is one of those in which I treasure...[/quote]

You and me both! MB has been a TRUE friend! God Bless Marion Boykin!

Doug
Hey, thanks guys…appreciate all the appreciation. 🙏🏽

I came across this and liked so many things about it. A really nice routine that incorporates some wonderful thinking and tons of deception. 😉

Again, this is maybe someone you don’t see much, perhaps not at all, but his wonderful coin magic here deserves some applause. Remember, it’s about the big, small, and all of us… 😊

[YOUTUBE]?v=0xOr_DKsuZ0 [/YOUTUBE]
I've always thought "Me And My Hat" was one of your best pieces. There's just something about that, that makes it stand out for me - its charm perhaps.
Thank you, Jim…It’s one of my favorites too. Every time I used to do it for people, I felt like I was watching coin magic the way I used it to see it growing up in NYC, from the old guys that always so confidently fooled you every time. That effect was my ode, my tip of the hat to them. Man, those were the days. Thanks again. 🙏🏽

*And oh, here’s the video link to the video right above that didn’t post. It’s really worthwhile to check out.

https://youtu.be/0xOr_DKsuZ0
Man, yet another amazing move from Danny Goldsmith, and not just a move but also many applications for it. This guy is on a roll, his creative juices are just flowing from a Zen-like fount and love of coin magic. Just take a look at his NEW “Pistol Pass”…BOOM!💥 ;)

https://www.dannygoldsmithmagic.com/product-page/the-pistol-pass?utm_campaign=c4fc4aaf-eb29-4e49-82e1-153f0e088558&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=15336447-9fbb-4b4f-a278-6dbe708ca0d0
Just recently, I was asked to do some magic for a little girl whom I had done magic for her and her grandmother once. They both remembered and so the grandmother stopped back by and not only brought her granddaughter, but also brought her parents, and just said, “Watch this!” 😁

Lilly is just about maybe 6 or 7yrs old, but quite perceptive, and shows a real interest in magic…It truly seems to fascinate her, so much that she asked several times for me to teach her some magic. 😊Anyway, I pulled out a few tricks, that I told her parents (who asked if they could record it) that this stuff only works on kids. 😉 So I did a routine with the Nothing Box, and the mom just said, “What in the world?” 😁 I then did a little a little routine with the old gem stick and Lilly couldn’t believe her eyes when the little brass bar turned to all rubys. I did the old vanishing hanky, and the grandmother and father gasped simultaneously. And I reminded them that this stuff only works on children. They just stared at each other in disbelief, right up close. 😂

Finally, I got around to a coin trick, my [b]MB Transpo PLUS[/b] …It’s a great one to do for kids of all ages, anytime, anywhere. I let Lilly help me with it after the coins magically changing places. She picked the coin she liked and she was amazed that both coins had somehow disappeared and the only thing in my hand was a ring, they were all amazed. 🤩 It was all quite a little show right there in my foyer. Plus I emailed her grandmother a special video for Lilly to see that maybe one day she too could do some magic. It’s an inspirational video, and being a big proponent of women, well, this one deserves an encore here as well as she was a little girl once that also dreamed of becoming a magician…Enjoy! 😊

[YOUTUBE]xa6K2dFlnFE[/YOUTUBE]
Man, just when you thought you’d seen it all…

Now, I’ve seen a lot magic with the old invisible purse, actually I have something to it on my [b]Mini Magic Book[/b], called [b]Nana’s Purse[/b].

But this is one of the finest & most magical uses of the purse I’ve ever come across, from a wonderful magician that you might not hear about much…Anyway, just watch this. *Oh, and I can already hear you saying “WOW!” right now. 😁

[YOUTUBE]3G7qShhjyns[/YOUTUBE]
[quote]Oh, and I can already hear you saying “WOW!” right now. 😁[/quote]

You are 100% right. That was my exact reaction on watching this. Stunning. I can't help but wonder if this could be done without the strap, and directly integrated into existing routines.

And what's more is that video is 10 years old. Did he ever release it?
Yes tons, it is “stunning” to watch. It is a beautiful piece of magic indeed.

I’m not sure he ever released this effect, but I’m sure it would be a winner if he ever did.

There’s so much good stuff out there, but sometimes you only hear about what you hear about. And that’s why you gotta always check out the big, small, and all of us out there. Danny Cole is a known quantity as to magic already, but sometimes you have to find the rest of us out there, as we might not be household names or who others may choose to spotlight or speak of, but like I keep trying to show, there’s a lot out there, so keep looking for it and appreciating pieces of gold or maybe just a few very shiny rocks wherever you might find them. 😉
Here’s another wonderful coin guy, be honest, have you ever heard of him? Did you know that he’s a FISM Champion?

Like I keep saying, there’s a lot out there beyond the standards that get set for you…Just remember to keep looking, and not just where they tell you to look. 😉

[YOUTUBE]OcQ1RmLc7qU[/YOUTUBE]
Nice combination of a CSB and Al Schneider's pop-up move.
The end doesn't really make sense to me - why would the red one not go back to the purse as well if he can make them all travel?
But that might just be me thinking like a magician instead of a muggle.
Yeah tons, I like when our creativity mixes things up a bit, it typically can make things more interesting and magical. Bill Cheung is an amazing magician and that he can work the coins well too, well that’s a real cherry on top. I’ve rarely if ever have heard his name mentioned here, and the guy is a world champion. Go figure! 😁

Here’s another guy who is quite clever, known more so for his unique brand of marked cards, but is an amazing performer and clever all-around magician, even with coins… For me, if you could really do magic, it would look something like this… 😉

[YOUTUBE]l7pELEAHZt4[/YOUTUBE]
I’ve mentioned this fellow before, but he’s more than worthy to be mentioned again & again as to magic. On top of that, he’s also a heckuva really nice guy. 😊

To my eye, he is as good a closeup man as I’ve ever seen, and not just a magician, but one that studies and appreciates the history of the art, which he beautifully incorporates into his own presentations and teachings. And it’s not just a past time for him but a journey that he has taken on the road, and honed his every ability to be just perfect and always with a good dose of fun added. You’ll see.

I highly recommend you follow his work, as it is just excellent! Here’s one of his many examples that you can learn a thing or two from. 😉 Oh, and did I mention that he’s as good a coin guy as any of them. Just watch here and see why. 👑

OK, class is now in session…

[YOUTUBE]XtvhXYKaecM[/YOUTUBE]

*And Happy Passover and Easter to all. 😊
And here’s another one… Be honest, have you heard of him much? 😉

[YOUTUBE]fVCaVNa_I-U[/YOUTUBE]

Just beautiful work from this young man. 😊
I'm not sure you can post that video in this forum MB. There's definitely a lot going up his sleeves. ;)

That said, again an excellent find. That's some of the cleanest and most visual sleeve work I've seen in a very long time!
Yeah tons, the guy is very good and actually was a child prodigy as to the art. Here’s another take on his coin magic. I like coin magic with various other elements thrown in, when not overdone, they can take the magic in some surprising directions. I tried this sort of thing with [b]Me & My Hat[/b], and was happy it became so popular. This is another take from the young man that’s quite amazing and fun… 😉

[YOUTUBE]USMUz3_TtaI[/YOUTUBE]
I hate to say it, but I didn't find that very compelling. On a video where you can't see his face or talking (it has a feel of being having voice added later), the empty bell (was it just an audio effect?) is completely lost and unimpressive.
He say "look, the box is clearly empty" a couple of times, but you can't actually see inside, so I don't believe it.
Other than that, it was a couple of retention vanishes and the "let's just do a card trick" gag? That doesn't say "prodigy" to me, though I'm sure he has other good work.
Yeah, you just saw it with his amazing sl**ving right above. 😁 And mileage may vary as to what you like, but I’m sure it would play well enough with most. He was a very young protege of Shin Lim, so he’s probably pretty good for a FISM Champion to notice. And I see he has done Penquin LIVE amongst other things, so his young journey seems fairly potent at this point…Room for both error and building success.

As to the effect, as I said, I like the elements of it, but do see your points as to the finer things.

But speaking of “elements,” again if magic was real then this is what it would look like, at least to me…WOW! 😊

[YOUTUBE]9f7v6Mjunh0[/YOUTUBE]
A lot going on in the world today, and a lot of it not so good for a great number of people, and in that at this time, I wish for a most powerful magic for the people of Ukraine. 🙏🏽

Y’know, magic has always been a respite for me throughout my journey, not just because it made me smile but because it helped me to make other people smile. If but for a few moments in their day, I knew they were happy behind me taking them away from the routine of reality. And that reminds me of a story, that always reminds me of how I got into magic and how magic got into me…Thanks grandpa. 😉

[YOUTUBE]DyfM7oLIlp0[/YOUTUBE]

Hows about you, how did you get into magic how did you magically make others smile? 😊
I try to bring you things here that you don’t see much mention of from others. There’s so much good coin magic out there, and this is just another excellent example of, as Paul Harvey used to say…”The rest of the story.”😊

[YOUTUBE]bPo_hKt99zY[/YOUTUBE]
Ooh, I really liked the ending of that one. Nicely done.
What a craze there was behind this trick, and I must admit that I was caught up in it too. 😁 Actually had my own take on it. But I have always believed that the very best of it was initially from a most wonderful closeup guy. You don’t hear much about him any more, but he struck it big in magic out in Las Vegas, mostly from backstage. Anyway, this little trick did the trick for him in a most lasting & memorable way…

[YOUTUBE]qBkbt-OB5Ns[/YOUTUBE]
I think of Jay Sankey often as I do most stellar closeup magicians that also happen to be darn good at coin magic as well. Gregory Wilson also comes to mind, as these sorts of guys are infinitely more interesting to watch because of the magical variety they are brilliantly capable of. It reminds me of another creative mind in magic, a guy that can do quite a bit of magic with just about anything, and that he can do it with coin magic as well is a real cherry on top. I like the use of coins in magic as they are immediate and familiar to people. But when you can go just a bit beyond and do remarkable things like this (and you can), 😉 it just blows people’s minds. Here’s a great example of that creativity, thinking and presentation, from another guy that you might not hear much about here, in it’s simplest form, and it all starts with a coin. Nothing hard to it, just a whole lot of fun that truly packs a punch, and it works on kids of all ages…It should be carried in all pockets everywhere! 😁

[YOUTUBE]KMWQBYBLrCc[/YOUTUBE]
I first became aware of this guy while helping out with Master Craftsman, John Jurney’s many awesome coin projects, his amazing Transformer Coin Set. His fine abilities helped to show the greater creativity of the set behind his brilliant sleight of hand. He’s another one that you don’t hear much about around here, but you should, as his magic is much bigger than you might think. Here’s another example of an elite coin guy you should know…

[YOUTUBE]ROxokkM9ph8[/YOUTUBE]
WHEN MY HANDS WERE STILL GOOD AND OLD EFFECT CALLED CRIMPTRIX PERFORMED WITH ONE HAND
https://youtu.be/7o9K53TjMaA

THE GODFATHEROF MAGIC
VINNY
ONE HANDED MATRIX BY THE MANILA ENFORCER RANNIE RAYMUNDO ...https://youtu.be/grmpq8UHZZg LA FAMILIGA

VINNY
Https://youtu.be/grmpq8UHZZg FOR RNNIES 4COINS 4 CARDS
Sometimes, magic isn’t always great. Sometimes it’s pretty simple, and there’s something about that, that I like.

I’ve seen a lot written here about coin boxes and they are typically, somewhat involved routines, but if you just want to do a little something with the box, something like this works rather well on kids of all ages. The sorta little trick that back in the day would’ve made a young shaver like myself always remember the art.

I don’t know this magi, but he’s found his way out there, not necessarily from the top but like many of us here, somewhere out there between The Millionaire’s Magician, Steve Cohen to when I first saw Chris Capehart on the streets of NYC wowing crowds with just the Vanishing Hanky. Somewhere within the mix of all that, from streetlights to the spotlight, there we all are too. 😊

[YOUTUBE]JQI3nkjxxNA[/YOUTUBE]
Another post here reminded me of this guy and one of his classic effects. I remember seeing him doing this trick at a magic convention. What reminded me most of it was being at a dinner party recently and an older guy was presenting the trick. Man, he did it perfectly and it was as magical as the first time I saw it done (and I told him so afterwards). For me, it is a cross between Roth’s beautiful coins across and a Matrix type effect, not with cards but just with your hands. It’s really clever and as I mentioned before that it is worth practicing and presenting as a signature effect. They won’t ever forget you for this one. You don’t hear much any more about this fine magic creator as well, but he came up with some great closeup magic, including some fine coin stuff, like this… 😏

[YOUTUBE]QGdINfvZstg[/YOUTUBE]
Yes, that's a fine piece of magic. One of my all-time favorites.
Man, he was sooooo good. Still one of the very best I ever saw right up close.

[YOUTUBE]DVt2cVd8VQg[/YOUTUBE]
Enjoying this thread a lot. Some great stuff on show - Cheers Marion

Nev
I appreciated the second version after the first - you're watching for how he gets them under the corner, only to have been doubly fooled instead. :)
So, do you have a “pet” effect? It’s one that you may do all the time, or a bit more than others. It’s something you really like and enjoy presenting, something just fun to do and always amazes people.

I can do a lot of stuff from my journey, even created quite a few fun tricks, but I gotta tell’ya, of all of it, I still like playing around with my MB Transpo. 😁 It’s one of the very best things I think I ever came up with to share with others. Still one of the very best one handed change and transposition of coins I’ve seen, still to this day. It evolved from its debut in my old Short Pockets download, and was so flexible that I went on to build upon it along my journey every now & again. Man, just 2 regular coins, me, and away we go!. 😁

I still do it to this day. Why? Well, because it brings together everything that’s wonderful about coin magic to me as to moves, presentation, misdirection, interaction, & sheer amazement right up close. I’ve done it for countless numbers of people over the years, and can take it in different ways, from my ReViSiTeD to incorporating the deceptive, RInga Dinga. All of that is why it is an exceptional pet effect for me. How about you, what do you like to do most? 😊

[YOUTUBE]5J7W-5ter1k[/YOUTUBE]
One of my favorites!!
MV,

You are definitely one of the treasures on this site. Thanks for all you have contributed over the years. I'm still working on the crimp but really appreciate all the advice you've given over the years.

-Rob
Dean Dill was indeed terrific! Never got to see him perform in person and wish I had to opportunity to meet him. He left us too soon.
[quote]On Jun 17, 2022, milamber wrote:

…Your mini-lecture is great! Got it a few years back... great talk about coin magic along with the basic sleights and the coins across. Definitely worth the $$.

All the best,
Steve [/quote]

Hey, thanks milamber…😊

So, if you’re not in the mood to spend a lot of money on a lot of stuff you probably won’t use, then you will enjoy my Mini-Lecture on Coins, where I go over the basic coin moves and some helpful others, and it also includes a little coin routine to help practice what you learn. 😉

https://mb217magic.gumroad.com/l/DZZAA
I love to see regular folks perform other’s effects. For me it says that you did something that others think is pretty darn good, and whenever they attach the word “Tribute” to it, well, that’s something to be acknowledged and greatly appreciated. Here’s an example of that, with an effect being done from some of Bill Citino’s work. Bill’s a member here, and wrote the book, Coinsomnia years ago and has continued to contribute some good coin magic to the craft over the years. I’m sure he’s working on some new stuff as we speak, but whenever he gets it done, it’ll be worth your time to check it out. 😉. *Oh, and kudos to this performer, as he did a real fine job of it. I’m sure Bill would approve. 👏🏽

[YOUTUBE]S3y7DyagOzQ[/YOUTUBE]
WOW! It feels good to be back. I don’t remember the Café ever being down so long, but thanks to all the effort put forth to get it back up and running. Anyway, lets smile a little and be thankful for this place. There are other magic forums out there, but none quite like this.

Spent time chatting with other members about magic and other things. Interesting how we pass magic along, and always nice to pass it along through friendship, and or leaving it in younger hands, which reminds me of this…

[YOUTUBE]eQ3gf8Kf4ts[/YOUTUBE]

Welcome home guys!
Y’know, when you put it all together, this is what it looks like, and being done by one of the very best closeup men ever, really makes it POP! Now you might not hear much of him as to coins, but he can do it all, as good as the very best. Here, take a look at what I mean, when all the pieces are put in place by a real master…As the great Sylvester The Jester would say…”Observe.”

[YOUTUBE]Gsm6o20SLps[/YOUTUBE]
Hey, Mb217. This thing was shut down for quite a while, no? Anyway, I just published some musings on coins on Lybrary.com and will be in the next MagicSeen UK magazine. Yeah, doing a lot with coins lately. Hope you're well. GW
Hiya GW,

Always good to get a good word from you here… :)

And I have seen your work online, and what a wealth of magic information it is. If you guys don’t know, GW is quite the well-travelled closeup man, and his magical musings on the art are well worth a good look-see. And his thoughts on some coin magic are interesting views on the things we do. Always good to get perspectives from magicians that have seen it all and do it all to know it all a bit better than your regular bear. :D

Here’s a word about him…

"Gregg Webb is one of the Zen Masters of close up and parlor magic. He is a master of minimalism. His effects and streamlined thinking inspire me to do more with less!" - Jeff McBride, Las Vegas Headliner

*Not for nothing, but I’ve always said, “Less is More.” Great to know that I’ve been going the right ways. ;)

www.lybrary.com/aether-14-musings-about-coins-p-925341.html
And the same to you, too. Wow, I thought the Café crashed. Glad it is still up and also that you're still here. Best, GW Meanwhile, Jeff is too kind. 2 of his students just won their categories at FISM. He's the Zen Master. Amazing we've been friends 50 years.
Meanwhile, Mb217, I've been pioneering using metal bottlecaps since people don't recognize half-dollars anymore, but I put a big foreign odd coin into the routine to be the talisman and also to clang against. The metal bottlecaps palm so well I can make my hand look great when classic palming one. That's how I spent my summer vacation! When I have to do something for kids, I use a metal bottlecap (which by now I always carry) because I can make my hands look the best and kids are speechless. I owe it all to the grip of the mouth of a metal bottlecap. I can pick one up from the table for matrix type things. So, it adds a new prop. I still do coins and cards and both at the same time too. Introducing the metal bottlecaps is a change of pace. Also, you can find them in bars or kitchens when not "carrying".
Yeah, the bottle caps are fun and a great alternative to using coins, and certainly give you a great advantage as to Matrix effects. Glad you are playing around with it and having fun. :)

[YOUTUBE]hUstZ6BOjaI[/YOUTUBE]
Been using bottlecaps in one way or another for years. Back at the anniversary of Roth's passing, I submitted several places around the Café a coins across type of thing with 3 caps and an old big foreign coin. I just adjusted the handling a bit in Secret Sessions under "Creating New Magic". Check it out if you get the time Mb217.
[quote]On Feb 4, 2022, Mb217 wrote:
I was just thinking of a few super moves that made coin magic just out of this world for me and many others. There have been many, some that I thought to spend some time with and some I could do, and some that just never clicked for me. Thinking back, besides the obligatory learning of the coin roll, I can remember some wonderful but knacky moves that once you get them down good, man, you have an instant gem in your pocket forever, magical things that most others weren’t doing. Some of those moves included:

[b]The Sylvester Pitch[/b]: Man, this is just something to watch, a symphony of movement with coins. I’m so glad I learned it long ago, and even added my own spin to it called, The Quick Pitch...

There are many other interesting moves out there, but these few have been fun ones for me. They took time to learn and to do well, which made them even more important to me. I can remember just fighting with these things, until one day…BANG!, I had it. Man, what a feeling. ???? [/quote]
MB and all who enjoy shuttling coins...our friend Dan Sylvester may be in a position to either re-release his Sylvester Pitch video or possibly create an updated version. Those who master this technique have stunning magic in their hands at all times. It will take serious study to master, but as I think MB will attest; worth it. Can I get an amen? If enough response is demonstrated I believe I can help him make it happen by early 2023. Say "amen"!
I always liked Jonathan Townsend's Jumping Shuttle Pass. David Harkey had an interesting "jumping" kind of move that was good. David Roth's HPC after his "break off" move was interesting. Gallo pitch too. For some reason Mike Bornstein's name came up while talking with Meir Yedid. Mike and I would marvel at how similar certain things were. Similar but different.
[quote]On Aug 7, 2022, dc5x5 wrote:
MB and all who enjoy shuttling coins...our friend Dan Sylvester may be in a position to either re-release his Sylvester Pitch video or possibly create an updated version. Those who master this technique have stunning magic in their hands at all times. It will take serious study to master, but as I think MB will attest; worth it. Can I get an amen? If enough response is demonstrated I believe I can help him make it happen by early 2023. Say "amen"! [/quote]

That’s wonderful! :dance:

As you quoted above in the string, I have the utmost respect for Sylvester’s work, he’s a magical genius and showman. To re-release his wonderful Pitch is something that I think people would really get a lot out of. I sure did, and I use my take, (The Quick Pitch) on it in a lot of my coin work as an everyday move to help deceptively traffic coins right before their very eyes. :D There’s a lot to learn in Sylvester’s whole routine, just so much wonderful coin manipulation and deception. So yeah dc, I say Amen, Amen & AMEN!
You guys know that I like showcasing good coin magic, old and new, not to mention a bit of the unusual, and all that from the big, small, and all of us. :)

With that, I hope you guys have been visiting Rick Holcombe’s work here regularly, as it’s just good stuff and plenty of it. His work is of the old order as to coin magic, but kicked up a notch or two with his own high-level seasonings as to moves and thinking. He has a whole host of tutorials posted, and is a good coin guy to follow as to story telling with his magic. He has learned his lessons well in the art and now provides good instruction and magic offerings to all those upon our way. :) Here’s just a glimpse of the man and his coins…

[YOUTUBE]N0yB39oLg9I[/YOUTUBE]