(Close Window)
Topic: Rings and hoops for levitations
I need a ring for passing over someone floating on a Super-X. Any ideas for rigging a hula-hoop for this?

Thanks.
If the person and board are short enough you can double pass with a solid hoop.
Or, to expand on Tim's idea, you can make the hoop really large, and accomplish the same thing with a normal sized super-x. My hoop is about 4' diameter.

This is the way I do it.

If you want to buy a special hula hoop, I understand that Walter Blaney makes a high quality one. Here's a link to his website: [url=http://www.walterblaney.com/illusions/greatwhitehoop.html]Walter "Zaney" Blaney's Great White Hoop.[/url] He also has another hoop that is a higher price, called the Walter "Zaney" Blaney Miracle Levitation Hoop.

I think I read recently on another thread that there is another hoop out there that works on a different principle from Walter's, that doesn't infringe on his original designs. Maybe someone else could point you to that thread.

- Donald.
Toni Hassini in his Illusion video uses a regular Hula-Hoop which he opens and closes with the Flying Carpet Illusion. Simple, cost effective, no fancy gimmicks, and convincing.
Hi Dendowhy,
Where is Hasini's hoop available? Any idea?
Your local toy store...A regular hula-hoop. The video can be found using the internet.
I make my ring out of a 10' gray pvc. I paint the ring the color I need.
You can using long streamer too