(Close Window)
Topic: Real Change by Juan Pablo
I really like how the bills are examinable but I still prefer Extreme Burn and PROPHET much more due to the hyper visual change.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14050

A reputation-maker that looks like real magic. Four one-dollar bills change into 4 one-HUNDRED-dollar bills.. and they're examinable!

"I love Real Change because it is slow and the magic really sinks into their hearts. Great job!" - Joao Miranda

"Another great idea from the brilliant mind of Juan Pablo." - Charlie Frye

"It's the first time that I have seen four completely examinable $1 dollar bills slowly and visually transform into four $100 dollar bills that can be re-examined. And best of all, all without a gimmick!!!!" - Henry Evans

This is the final answer to the question, ďCan you change a $1 into a $100?Ē Many magicians have tackled the iconic effect of changing four one dollar bills into four one hundred dollar bills. Argentinaís Juan Pablo was the only one to do it without gimmicks, and to be able to do it with borrowed bills. The absolute best part? ALL of the bills are fully examinable.

The Real Change is a gimmick-free, pure sleight of hand method for performing an effect that looks like the classic Pat Page Fast Cash trick where four one dollar bills visually transform into four one hundred dollar bills, but this is so much better. There truly are no gimmicks, and with just pure sleight of hand you can end completely clean.

Taught in detail by Nick Locapo, youíll not only learn the setup but also how to do this with borrowed money. Imagine being able to borrow money from your spectatorís wallets and cleanly transform it into 20ís, 50ís, or even 100ís that are completely examinable. In addition, you learn seated and standing variations so you can perform this miracle in any situation. The Real Change is the real deal. Download it and start really transforming money and your magic.
The way I perform extreme burn the bills are examinable not that itís at all necessary .
I just happen to always ditch the gimmick as I learned it from Richard long long ago in the days when I thought people may ask .
However I hardly ever give them out even though I could as 99.9 % of people never ever ask so why guild the lily even when you can Gaz 🙂
This is really pretty decent. It definitely has the extreme burn feel to it but without having to prepare the gimmick part. There is some preparation that has to be done but then you can actually borrow the $1 bills from people he covers how to do that overall very good effect. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Good magic to all,

Eric
I like this and look forward to practicing it. Nick mostly does a good job teaching, but there are a few points where he admits he hasn't tried parts before or is figuring things out in the moment. It's always nice to learn from someone who has worked the effect and knows all the ins and outs, but he is a clear teacher and gets the main points across.
I found that this is no different than his trick LTA Bill Switch. Penguin answered with this .....

The LTA Bill Switch is largely unavailable. The Real Change download is the most up to date instructions on that effect. It's a new name for the same effect.

Nick Locapo breaks the effect on the Penguin download, so where Juan has taught the effect in depth in Spanish in other places, here Nick breaks it down clearly in detail in English. We also go into depth with several camera angles and clear audio. So if you have already learned this switch from Juan in the past that's great. If you have not this is the best place to learn it.
I am Juan Pablo The creator of this effect. This version is different from other previous versions of this effect that I have made because it includes close-up (sitting at the table) and stand-up versions. Also in a previous version of this trick, for secrecy, I used more bills to achieve this effect. The effect was that they magically exchanged four one-dollar bills for four hundred-dollar bills, but for secrecy I used five one-dollar bills and five hundred-dollar bills, in this version I have modified the handling and simplified it and only FOUR are used one dollar bills and FOUR hundred dollar bills and NOTHING ELSE !!! . In addition, the explanatory video with the new manipulations is made by Nick Locapo in a super detailed way and with much detail from video cameras and explained in English, which helps a lot to understand the explanations. This updated re-release I have decided to do it with Pinguin Magic because I consider that it is very likely that you will be able to know this trick because of the great diffusion and the confidence that Penguin Magic has placed in this download. Regarding the advantages of this trick is that you can prepare the secret in a minute just by taking out four hundred dollar bills from your wallet and in an instant be ready to improvise it with any bill borrowed by the spectators. Besides being an ideal version to do it standing up and where the trick occurs in front of the eyes of the spectators in a vertical position, which makes it useful for scene magic or paurlor.Another advantage is that this trick can be done visually and in super slow motion before the eyes of the spectators.
I assume you change them back to $1ís at the end but video doesnít show that part. There will obviously be more heat on the bills and magicianís hands at that moment. Is the sequence for changing them back the same as the initial change?
You do not change them back. If you borrow the bills, then you go to your pocket and bring out 4 bills to trade them or say they transposed, etc.
I realize magic is an experience and not real life but I cannot justify patter of why I borrow bills and not give them hundreds to keep if it was ďrealĒat the very least changing them back. Without not only NOT turning them back to ones or having justification to keep their money or give them back ones, it stays a mystery vs. awe and wonder to me. Thatís why I never liked lottery plots. Living close to Williamsburg I do see old yellow paper money they sell and like Bill changes that can patter about time machine or something like that (not that that that is all believable from reality but you get what I mean). Would this method NOT work for this as the change from green money to green works whereas yellow to green or different colored bills to real money would not work?
The inability to change the bills back is a major weakness IMO. Would make absolutely no sense.
I will not use borrowed bills with this. I will simply pull out four ones and let people know for security reasons I only walk around with a little bit of money but that's okay when I need more money all I have to do is this....

Good magic to all,

Eric
I agree with both Eric's.
This trick offers you all the possibilities: you can ask for borrowed bills from the public and exchange them for bills of higher value or if you prefer you can use your bills and give them to review and then make the change to a higher value or if you prefer you can transform them to a higher value and also To transform them back to the previous value using the same movement you can also make a transposition effect by asking for $ 1 bills from the public and I convert them to $ 100 and again give them to review the $ 100 and finally tell the viewer that this is not their money but it's my money because yours has traveled to my pocket and taking the dollar bills out of my pocket I give them back to the viewer. Depending on the argument of your presentation, you can adapt any of these manipulations. You design the argument for each magic effect yourself and in this product you will find the possibility of specifying it because it offers you all the possibilities to check or not the bills at the beginning and at the end of your performance. I do not pretend to say that this is the best version of this effect, I just want to say that it has many comparative advantages compared to others that may be useful and at a certain moment according to your presentation this trick would be your best option. Besides being easy to put the trick together in a minute and with four bills from your wallet.
Great point Eric. You do not need to borrow bills for this. People do not tend to be suspicious about bills.
This is a great effect. Some of you magicians need some help. Don't talk yourself out of one of the greatest or maybe the greatest bill change ever, before you even try it. Why? Because it is done so cleanly and uses ungimmicked bills.

So I would suggest this. Let me know if you find a magical change of several bills even close to this, with regular bills. Don't get so worried about borrowing or not. When you do a miracle like this, people don't care about all the little peccadillos that so many magicians create.

Juan Pablo, thanks for creating my dream come true in bill magic. I didn't like EB, because I didn't like carrying a pile of clodded up, glued up bills and magn....s, it all just felt so wrong. Thanks for getting it right. Remember this represents countless years of trial and error. Don't cry, just buy!!!
I donít know, EB never felt ďwrongĒ to me.
Iím not convinced that having to cop off and being left very dirty is better than a self-contained version like EB. Although having a reason to immediately go to your pocket for your wallet or something would help a lot.

When you think about it specs are much more likely to suspect that youíre hiding something in your hands rather than gaffed bills.

Too hard to borrow cash these days as so few carry any, and if they have any bills they are probably going to be 20ís (in US) so you better plan on carrying four 50ís or 100ís with you.

When I perform EB I change 1ís into 20ís except that one bill doesnít change. Itís molecules didnít get rearranged properly (mismade bill) so I then change it to a proper dollar. No need to have bills examined and all that. Just lots of hard hitting magic for them to enjoy. Besides, they can examine the final dollar bill and I often let them keep it, especially if it a waiter/waitress or someone like that. And no, thatís not all I give them. 😃
Erik Tait here, I actually learned this from Juan when he was here doing his Penguin Live Act. Nick mentions this in the download, but I'll share this with you here.

When I was doing Christmas parties last year I would build the cost of the hundreds into the pricing of my act. I then spoke with the person who hired me and asked if there were people they were giving bonuses to or wanted to recognize. I would then borrow one dollar bills from people, change them into the hundreds, then give them the hundreds to keep. I've done this with both Kevin Bethea's My Friend George and Juan Pablo's The Real Change. By building the cost of this into my act I'm not out any extra money, I can actually give away money, and I'm more valuable to the booker.

Obviously using gimmicks can make these effects play stronger visually, or make the transformations more magical, or even just less work for the performer. But, and this is particularly true of The Real Change, when I am table to borrow the money change it, then give it back to them to keep... Well is there anything stronger? That's actual magic. Sure I wouldn't do this in a standard walk around gig, but having this ability in my back pocket when I want to leave a real impression on someone that they will remember for the rest of their life? That's the biggest advantage that The Real Change has over any other 4-4 bill change.
MY REVIEW AS SUBMITTED TO PENGUIN (2.5 stars out of 5):

You can't change the bills back. So there's that. Kinda a problem plotwise, and the only suggestion they give in the tutorial is that you literally reach into your pocket to "find" the $1 bills there. Am I the only one who sees that as a problem? You were supposed to CHANGE the bills into other bills. Not make the first ones disappear, then a new stack appear, then the old stack reappear elsewhere. It's confusing (logically/plotwise) for anyone to suddenly pull out the four $1 bills, leaving you ending with eight bills out in view all at once.

There's also no plot / cause and effect suggestions offered anywhere. It's just straight up "watch me do a random thing." I ultimately like this trick -- but only because I came up with a really workable plot for use in a silent video on Instagram. Which, in my view, is really what this trick is best for: Insta.

A few comments on the supposed benefits of this method, which are that there are no gimmicks, and the bills can be examined at the end. I personally do not see those as benefits at all. Whenever I do bill changes using gimmicks, I directly state "these look like real bills, but they're trick bills, they have special shifting ink." The audience thinks I'm lying (because I sort of am) and concludes the bills are real, all without ever being allowed to examine them (because I've admitted they're trick bills). They still leave baffled and amazed. So, to me personally, there's zero benefit to having examinable bills.

As for the fact that there's no gimmick, fine. I'll give you that one. But that doesn't mean no preparation. You cannot do this trick on the spot/command without at least some preparation, so there's little benefit to not having a gimmick here. In my personal view.

I'm slightly disappointed in the claim that you can do this with borrowed bills. In every demonstration video showing bills being borrowed, the spectator has four pre-creased, very crisp $1 bills all ready to go. Coincidence? Maybe. But do note that you pretty much need that. Makes way more sense to me to just have my own bills/paper than to have to worry about whether their bills will be good enough to use, or to have to worry about setting up their bills in the right positions vis-a-vis the "non-gimmick preparation" work.

Nick is a very good teacher. He also seems like a really awesome, genuine guy! I think there's room to make the tutorial even better by scripting it out first (or just doing multiple takes) so you don't publish a final product where you forget to mention something until later, or try something for the first time ever on camera, etc. I don't mean this to be overly critical, though. It really wasn't a major problem or anything -- again, this was a really, really good tutorial! -- just pointing out a small way to improve for next time.

Overall, I would recommend buying this (despite the low-ish rating I gave it), but only if it's because you like the way that moment looks when the TRANSFORMATION happens, and then only if you have your own creative idea for how to use that "move" in a way that gives the trick a plot whereby you won't have to change the bills back to the original stack, and then only if you have a creative cause-and-effect element idea in mind (esp one that will give you justification for turning over the stack).

I actually am very excited to try out an idea I had for all of that for use on Insta, so in one sense I'm very satisfied with my purchase! But I don't think everyone will be able to make that same use of it, hence the 3-star rating (really more of a 2.5).
Thanks for your previous review but I think you are losing sight of the work I have done to think how to perform a trick without using a gimmick And that is something that does magic well. I assure you that you are wrong when you say that it can only be done with new $ 1 bills that the viewer measures because you can also do it with bills that have a certain use. You can also use this trick as it is used by the methods that have gimmick and by this I mean that you can show the banknotes at the end and give some of them to review as is done with systems that have gimmick and to shake hands with the bills that you do not want to give to review as you do with The tricks that have gimmick. I think you are putting little value on the fact of being able to prepare a trick in a minute and have it ready to do without having to stop the banknotes prepared with a gimmik and the trick does not lose visual force even if it does not have a gimmick. It is always good to have the possibility to check the bills Because although it may not be necessary to check them on all occasions, maybe you can meet a spectator who wants to bring the possibility of doing them and with a gimmick trick you could not do it But with this trick that I offer you, yes and you can stay calm in that sense. In addition, in the gimmick bill trick, I think it is difficult for you to dare to stick, to assemble the gimmick, a $ 1 bill with a $ 100 bill because then you could never get back you never had $ 100 again because it would be damaged by the glue, in change in the version that I offer you, you can change $ 1 bills for $ 100 and not run into that problem of having stuck a $ 100 bill that later you will not be able to easily recover because it would be damaged by the glue. In short, this trick has several advantages. Spectators do not always ask to review the tickets and not because they do not want to do it but because taking someone else's money always generates a prejudice, but the reality is that they would like to be able to review them all and get rid of the doubts that they do not have any trick. This works the same as when you have a tricked deck and you don't give it to the spectators to review they may not ask you for the deck but they would be delighted to hold it in their hands and check that it doesn't have a trick.
I think it is very important to note that all the bill exchange tricks that use a gimmick have the problem that nobody wants to paste, to assemble the gimmick, a $ 100 bill next to a $ 1 bill because then he could never recover his $ 100 bill to be damaged by glue.
That is why all the bill tricks that have gimmick never have a $ 100 bill stuck in the gimmik, so at the end of the trick you can never make the bills that appear are all $ 100 bills.
And this is not unimportant when making a ticket change. With "real change" you don't have that problem and you can easily change all $ 1 bills for all $ 100 bills.
And that is a very important advantage.
Iíve been doing Hundy 500 for many many years and have NEVER once had an issue separating the bills from the rubber cement. Has anyone else EVER had a bill destroyed by rubber cement which made the bill useless? Juan are you using super glue by chance?
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Aug 13, 2020 12:59AM)
I think the main point here is you don't have to make any gimmick I've used this several times now it works flawlessly and it's a lot of fun but like I said it's not for everybody so if it's not your style well then it's not but if it is it's well worth the money.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Wow, a reply from Juan Pablo himself! Very cool. Thanks man!

I think he's right that I may have undercut the value in being able to prepare the stack in just minutes (and, for that matter, without any type of glue). There's some value in that for sure.

My main issue is that there's no cause and effect, and no plot. You're supposed to magically change the bills, yet the handling provided involves you pulling the $1s out of your pocket, leaving you with eight bills out at once. That's not quite a change.

I intend to use this with a laser pointer (controlled out if my mouth) with four blank pieces of paper. I will call it my "laser printer." This week give me justification to turn the papers over as well as I "print" things on both sides. It also provides the much needed cause and effect, plus the whole thing will make sense in terms of me never changing them back.

Like I said, it's really more of an Instagram trick, in my view, but there's nothing wrong with that. If the above idea were the handling provided, I surely would have rated this trick higher than 2.5. It's a pretty genius method, and Juan Pablo is the genius here. I have no idea how he worked out that this could happen this way.
Message: Posted by: Christian de Punto (Aug 15, 2020 01:53PM)
The solution is to change 100 into 1... I think david Copperfield had the sentence: "if I would know how to do it the other way, I would not be here".
so start with 4 x 100 bills, promise the audience that they can take them home later, but first, you change them into 1$ bills...

[quote]On Aug 8, 2020, MagicBrent wrote:
I realize magic is an experience and not real life but I cannot justify patter of why I borrow bills and not give them hundreds to keep if it was ďrealĒat the very least changing them back. Without not only NOT turning them back to ones or having justification to keep their money or give them back ones, it stays a mystery vs. awe and wonder to me. Thatís why I never liked lottery plots. Living close to Williamsburg I do see old yellow paper money they sell and like Bill changes that can patter about time machine or something like that (not that that that is all believable from reality but you get what I mean). Would this method NOT work for this as the change from green money to green works whereas yellow to green or different colored bills to real money would not work? [/quote]
[quote]On Aug 13, 2020, ItsAGreatOne wrote:
Wow, a reply from Juan Pablo himself! Very cool. Thanks man!

I think he's right that I may have undercut the value in being able to prepare the stack in just minutes (and, for that matter, without any type of glue). There's some value in that for sure.

My main issue is that there's no cause and effect, and no plot. You're supposed to magically change the bills, yet the handling provided involves you pulling the $1s out of your pocket, leaving you with eight bills out at once. That's not quite a change.

I intend to use this with a laser pointer (controlled out if my mouth) with four blank pieces of paper. I will call it my "laser printer." This week give me justification to turn the papers over as well as I "print" things on both sides. It also provides the much needed cause and effect, plus the whole thing will make sense in terms of me never changing them back.

Like I said, it's really more of an Instagram trick, in my view, but there's nothing wrong with that. If the above idea were the handling provided, I surely would have rated this trick higher than 2.5. It's a pretty genius method, and Juan Pablo is the genius here. I have no idea how he worked out that this could happen this way. [/quote]

I feel there's another 'out' for this effect that is totally justifiable... IF you borrow the bills, while collecting them just casually mention "don't worry, I'll pay you back".. do the change and let them examine. Collect the larger denomination bills and suddenly remember "oh, I gotta pay you back".. go to your pocket with the singles and produce them. I'd probably have another single and a lower denomination, say a 5, there with them so it really looks like your own stack of cash. Hand them out to whomever gave you the ones... of course if you didn't borrow the bills there's no need to do this.

You COULD even just have a small money clip in there with some bills to give back and switch that out for the borrowed bills. Take some bills out, pay the specs back and put the 100s in your clip. All totally normal looking..... just my 2 cents
Hi, I'm Juan Pablo. Regarding your question about gluing the bills, I want to tell you that in this routine it is not used to stick any bills because there is no gimmick. They are just bills that change for other bills. I also wanted to explain an excellent routine to use "real change", (this is for those who say that if the five dollar bills are loaned, when making the change I should give them away since they will not return to their previous value.) Regarding this I want to tell you that the presentation for this situation is to use "real change" with five one-dollar bills loaned by the public and when making the change, make five bills of greater value appear but one of them is a five bill dollars and you return that five dollar bill to the viewer and keep the other four bills that appeared of greater value.
22, 2021 06:44 pm Juan Pablo is on-line Reply with Quote Edit Report this post to forum moderator There are no likes for this post.0
Hi, I'm Juan Pablo. Regarding your question about gluing the bills, I want to tell you that in this routine it is not used to stick any bills because there is no gimmick. They are just bills that change for other bills. I also wanted to explain an excellent routine to use "real change", (this is for those who say that if the five dollar bills are loaned, when making the change I should give them away since they will not return to their previous value.) Regarding this I want to tell you that the presentation for this situation is to use "real change" with five one-dollar bills loaned by the public and when making the change, make five bills of greater value appear but one of them is a five dollar bill and you return that five dollar bill to the viewer and keep the other four bills that appeared of greater value.