(Close Window)
Topic: Flite by Steve Thompson
Https://www.ellusionist.com/flite-by-steve-thompson.html
Obviously the vanish is a standard vanish of a ring? Again an edited performance...
Not sure that's the biggest problem - the keys sit at a very unnatural angle on the key ring when he's displaying it (if the spectator's ring is at 6 o'clock, it looks like the keys are at 4 or 5 o'clock). I'll stick to my Pro-Flite by Nick Einhorn.
Thereís a couple of full unedited performances posted at the bottom of the product page.
I think this looks great, Iíve got an idea of how it works and I think the ring being on the loop looks great because everyone knows how difficult it is to get your keys on and off those spiral loops.
You beat me to it, I just noticed that and was trying to edit my post. The vanish is standard, and looks like it works just fine in the routine. To be fair, for someone that is looking for a standard ring flight at a very reasonable price, providing the gimmick is up to scratch, this should tick the boxes. It's no Ring Flight Revolution beater, but I don't think it's claiming to be...
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. I have Ring Flight Revolution, but I also wanted something compact that I can have on me as a part of my every day carry when Iím not gigging. Hopefully it wonít disappoint.
Looks really great in the unedited performances imo Gaz 🙂
Wow that visual link is sick ! forget the ring flight the link is what sold me ! but Ill take both effects .
This looks good to me. Yes, you lose the visual (sometimes awkward) vanish of a traditional ring flight but I'll happily take that if this is:
- Durable
- Easy to load
- Can be handled briefly by a spectator
- Can be everyday carry

Roddie McGhie released Flight 101 not too long ago which looks similar in performance but I didn't like that the finger ring was linked to a separate keyring; this solves that issue.
I do have some questions about the gimmick, and whether it's something that could be examined afterwards (I would guess not) or if you'd want to put it back in your pocket before they have a chance to ask. But I also have a concern that might seem strange. The fact that the spectators know that it is rather difficult to take a key on and off a key ring, while it may be a selling point for the effect, it's also a concern for me. While I know the ring can be easily and safely be taken on and off the gimmick key ring, from a spectator's point of view, if I were convinced that my (possibly valuable) ring was linked to a standard key ring, I would be concerned about it being scraped/scratched in the process of it being taken off. Like I said, that obviously isn't a problem with the gimmicked ring, but the spectator wouldn't know that.
Maybe I'm just weird, but that was a concern that immediately popped into my head watching the demo.
There is no worries there imo , firstly they are offering to let you borrow their ring ( they donít have to ) . Secondly itís completely undamaged at the conclusion so they wonít have any problems anyway . You are worrying over nothing imho Gaz 🙂
I actually had the same thought Bundleofstix. Youíre making removing the ring more difficult than it actually is and while youíre not actually doing it, the thought of the ring grinding against a tight key ring is a bit disconcerting.
Like Gaz said though, while it did cross my mind, I doubt itíll be an issue.
Once this becomes available in the UK I am going to pick this one up for sure . I am a big fan of Toms performing style and teaching too Gaz 🙂
Wonder has this compares to Roddy McGhie's Flight 101? Looks like this can be displayed more cleaner that Flight 101. Plus it's $10.00 cheaper. Looking forward to some reviews.
I liked the look of this as well. So, I took the plunge. I previously owned Roddy's Flight 101, but didn't care for it because the handling seemed a bit too knacky for my taste. This looks cleaner and I also like the simplicity of the key ring itself (no distracting fobs that didn't reflect my personality).
Flight 101 was terrible and way overpriced. This looks much better.
This looks really good. I ordered. Love ring flights.
Will ellusionist ship to the UK with their $9 US flat rate shipping ? Gaz 🙂
This looks like it has the potential to be a very cool gimmick that could potentially be used in many ways. Could possibly be used similar to Sankey's 3 Ring Circus?

I owned Flight 101 but I returned it so quickly that honestly the only thing I remember about it is that I thought it was ridiculously overpriced half-baked junk.
Hopefully, this will be more to my liking. But Iíll still wait for some reviews.
I bought it. Iíve been looking for a reliable ring flight that can take a beating. Hopefully this is the answer.

Madison
Honestly, I would not trust it.

at least not with COVID around. you might get the package like 3 months later. haha

[quote]On Sep 9, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Will ellusionist ship to the UK with their $9 US flat rate shipping ? Gaz 🙂 [/quote]
When does ellusionist put the tutorials in your account? I know with Penguin its instantly in your account when you buy something but nothing in my account yet with this .
[quote]On Sep 9, 2020, dman11 wrote:
When does ellusionist put the tutorials in your account? I know with Penguin its instantly in your account when you buy something but nothing in my account yet with this . [/quote]

Usually only once the product ships.
I saw this today and I was very impressed by the performance video. Being a card/coin guy, I have almost zero experience with these gimmicks. I remember owning a ring flight gimmick years ago, probably one of the early prototypes that came out and it wasn't very good. I think I'm going to take the plunge on this. Not sure if anyone can answer this here (if not feel free to PM me), does this work based off of a reel? Thanks!

Roberto
I thought the same thing. Itís not my account either. I also have a shipping confirmation.

[quote]On Sep 9, 2020, dman11 wrote:
When does ellusionist put the tutorials in your account? I know with Penguin its instantly in your account when you buy something but nothing in my account yet with this . [/quote]
[quote]On Sep 9, 2020, mrmagik68 wrote:
I saw this today and I was very impressed by the performance video. Being a card/coin guy, I have almost zero experience with these gimmicks. I remember owning a ring flight gimmick years ago, probably one of the early prototypes that came out and it wasn't very good. I think I'm going to take the plunge on this. Not sure if anyone can answer this here (if not feel free to PM me), does this work based off of a reel? Thanks!

Roberto [/quote]

Not this one.

Madison
Cool. Thanks MadisonH!

Roberto
Nice ending for a ring and string routine, you have that time misdirection when you do the Clifton ring move part of the ring and string routine
Great idea Daren it will go great with the Clifton ring move Gaz 👍🙂
This looks amazing! I use Departure by Chris Smith and have had great success with it. I do however only use it when I'm wearing the correct clothing or if I'm in a noisy environment.

After seeing the full uncut performance of Flite and understanding what needs to happen, I think this may suit my performance style more and I'll be more confident when using someone's expensive ring. I also get the feeling that the gimmick does make the entire effect seem more impossible as the ring isn't attached to something with a clasp/latch.

The only thing holding me back may be shipping to South Africa :- |
Message: Posted by: Oliver Munoz Gutierrez (Sep 10, 2020 05:00AM)
Will ellusionist ship to the UK with their $9 US flat rate shipping ? Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

To germany they do... so they should ship to the uk aswell.
Thank you for the heads up Oliver 👍🙂 Gaz
[quote]On Sep 9, 2020, MadisonH wrote:
I bought it. Iíve been looking for a reliable ring flight that can take a beating. Hopefully this is the answer.

Madison [/quote]

Did you ever use Ring Flight Revolution? I can't remember how many times I have used RFR and it still is going strong and never failed. So well made.
Loved my RFR Sad to say I lost it last year at a wedding. Still butt hurt to this day.

Yes, the $9 flat rate applies to the UK too. Covid is still causing delays, though - on the US side there's delays in the ISCs as there is very limited space on the freight flights on the UK side there are delays in customs processing.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2020, RNK wrote:

Did you ever use Ring Flight Revolution? I can't remember how many times I have used RFR and it still is going strong and never failed. So well made. [/quote]

No Iíve never been a fan of the ring being clipped onto a carabiner on a key ring. I think Flight may be exactly what Iíve been searching for :)

Madison
Ah, ok. Do you not like using the clip due to worrying it might damage the ring or is it more about you think the effect is diminished with using the clip? Because I can tell you that the clip makes no difference to the audience. People go absolutely crazy and I mean CRAZY over it when your keys come out and they see their ring clipped to their keys.

I do think Flite looks fabulous as well!
I think for me (speaking to that issue), I never liked the semi-awkward moment to clip it with reels. Always looked rushed and awkward when I saw others do it.

So I always felt guilty myself. But yes, ring flight Revolution is the king of them all.

But I got this as well.
Ah, I see. I wonder why people rush this process as it's very simple to do and takes a second. I simply address the audience while doing the dirty work and take my time clipping the ring. It's a nice casual process that goes unnoticed.

But as far as quality, agree, RFR is the King.
When using a reel method, hereís no need for misdirection and there are no timing issues if you take the approach that I mention in [url=]this[/url] thread.
For me there are many things I never liked about a reel. The safety of the ring, the noise, the loading onto the the clip, the clothing restrictions, angle restrictions, and the price!

I would use RFR in a professional sitting. Iím wanting something for casual situations where I wonít be too worried about having it on me all day.

Madison
I totally agree with everything Madison just said Gaz 🙂
RFR is for magicians who want spectator's to think they own a luxury car.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2020, JETlivesOn wrote:
RFR is for magicians who want spectator's to think they own a luxury car. [/quote]

Sure, why not?
Magic is all about deceiving your audience. 😃
I probably have about 10 versions from the past 35 yrs. RFR is the best reel version but iíve always hated the load onto the clip in every reel version iíve owned. It just doesnít look natural. Thatís why my go-to has always been the Morelli Ring from Collectorís Workshop and, more recently, Nick Einhornís fantastic version. I got bored and picked this one up because of how clean the load looks.
Wow, I am surprised to hear the comments with the RFR. It is always one of the effects that everyone remembers when they see me again at a different venue. They always ask me to do that ring trick again. I'm not sure I understand about angle issues because I do this one with people all around me. Also with RFR there is not any sound that is ever heard made by the reel. At least not with mine, it is super silent. The loading of the ring is a little finicky at first but after practicing with it and performing with it the loading just comes natural. Not to mention the vanish of the ring is so much more magical than with using misdirection.

But I'm always on the lookout for non-reel ring flight so I will definitely be waiting for some reviews on this.
Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE RFR. To me it's the gold standard hands down. But couldn't resist this either, for all the same reasons Madison said.
Does your RFR make noise nathan? The only part I agree with Madison on is the loading of the Ring but as I said over time that problem goes away.
[quote]On Sep 9, 2020, MadisonH wrote:

Madison [/quote]
You mentioned keys being in play [url=https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=709702&start=20]here[/url]....how has this version changed your thinking?
The difference is here itís on your key ring and actual appears on it rather than a secondary loop of yours attached to theirs . Plus you have placed your keys into another spectators hands before even vanishing the ring ( from their perspective ) Gaz 🙂
Yes, but Madison mentions keys in play prior to appearance, which is what this appears to be. I was just curious of his thinking on this based on his comments on the thread I linked in my comment.
Yes I know he does but as this is not on a secondary key ring this solves all his concerns in my opinion . It certainly solves mine , I am looking forward to some reviews on this one as it looks really good Gaz 🙂
Plus in one of the performances, he doesn't bring the keys in play until the end at all, just like other versions.
Exactly Nathan , you have to bring the keys in play at some point even in RFR which you can with this too . People only buy RFR in essence for the vanish but if done well its totally invisible to a layman without reels and is far more practical imo Gaz 🙂
Guys, I was asking madison a question. Thank you for your input though. Gaz, ofcourse the keys have to come into play.....for the reveal. :rotf:
Madison said he only wants the keys to come into play at the end, so I was wondering (if you will let me explain myself better) if any of the other demos of this item changed his thoughts about the key ring NOT being in play until the end. Other than that, looking forward to your reviews.
Yes because itís not on a separate ring will be his answer as that makes a huge difference imho . Pm Madison if you want him to answer more promptly lol Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Sep 10, 2020, RNK wrote:
Does your RFR make noise nathan? The only part I agree with Madison on is the loading of the Ring but as I said over time that problem goes away. [/quote]

If I may jump in here. I have a rfr. I wont use it because of the noise. Now, I'm not a worker where I might be in a noisy environment (wedding reception) where it might not be much of a problem. The reel itself is not noisy but the process is as it flies back, bounces off of pocket and then into pocket then hitting the device and rattling keys. All of that makes a lot of sound for me and definitely audible to a spec.
I agree it does make a noise when arriving home so to speak , and having a silent reel becomes irrelevant when itís final destination is noisy unless gigging in noisy
environments . Thatís the appeal of these non reel methods and casual use occasions rather than having clothing restrictions as well etc Gaz 🙂
Great question MagicMind.

Yes this changes my mind.

There are many reasons. One is because it makes no sense to have a spectator remove their keys, grab them, just to hand them right back. However it DOES make sense to grab your own keys to hand to them. Also I never liked the double key ring thing with flight 101.

Those things said, I think I would still perform this with the keys being totally out of the picture until the very end. I do believe that makes for a stronger punch.

Madison
[quote]On Sep 10, 2020, MadisonH wrote:

Those things said, I think I would still perform this with the keys being totally out of the picture until the very end. I do believe that makes for a stronger punch.

Madison [/quote]

My preference has always been to not have any keys in play until the reveal. But...I also never cared for just bringing out your keys for no real reason.

So I have always favored changing their ring into one of your keys, giving that ďno, do you think?Ē kind of look and then bringing out your keys and there is their ring, having transposed with one of your keys.
That always made the most sense to me.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2020, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Sep 10, 2020, MadisonH wrote:

Madison [/quote]

My preference has always been to not have any keys in play until the reveal. But...I also never cared for just bringing out your keys for no real reason.

So I have always favored changing their ring into one of your keys, giving that ďno, do you think?Ē kind of look and then bringing out your keys and there is their ring, having transposed with one of your keys.
That always made the most sense to me. [/quote]

This is precisely how I plan on doing it.
I like the simplicity of this, ordered right away!
I have seen the download and this is brilliant the load is super quick and very very deceptive, I should receive mine in the next day or two.
Message: Posted by: Oliver Munoz Gutierrez (Sep 11, 2020 02:07AM)
[quote]On Sep 11, 2020, Daren wrote:
I have seen the download and this is brilliant the load is super quick and very very deceptive, I should receive mine in the next day or two. [/quote]

Please let us know, what you think, when you get yours.
I think, I have to wait a few days more til mine will arrive here in europe.
This will be my go to prop for this effect, yes you can certainly do the quick effect as shown in the demo, but I'm going to tag this onto the end of my ring and string routine (3 phases) and then this ending will blow there socks off!
[quote]On Sep 9, 2020, Andy W wrote:
Honestly, I would not trust it.

at least not with COVID around. you might get the package like 3 months later. haha

Will ellusionist ship to the UK with their $9 US flat rate shipping ? Gaz 🙂 [/quote] [/quote]

Gaz,

I have had two deliveries from Ellusionist during Covid. I ordered some stuff from them during their big sale a few months ago, and it arrived in about 3 weeks, except Forge, which had the packaging and the instructions, but no coins inside. I e-mailed them about it, and 10-14 days later another package arrived with the missing coins. This was around April/May when lockdown was in full force. I have ordered a few bits and bobs from them in the past, and they have always arrived promptly and in good nick. According to their website the flat rate is now $15, however again this is for any amount.

Another thing - I've had a few packages arrive from Mark Mason in the past, and always had to pay customs charges on them, however never had this issue with Ellusionist. Not sure if they mark their packaging for educational purposes, but I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
I have seen the download and this is brilliant the load is super quick and very very deceptive, I should receive mine in the next day or two. [/quote]

I'm still waiting just for the download to show up!
Thank you magikmax for the info , ellusionist confirmed that they do indeed mark for educational purposes so I am thinking of going for it Gaz 👍🙂
You will love it, I even paid for UPS delivery to get it quicker! it is going to be go to method now!
Mine is coming today. Can't wait. Hopefully I will share the same positive thoughts.
Should have mine Monday.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I agree it does make a noise when arriving home so to speak , and having a silent reel becomes irrelevant when itís final destination is noisy unless gigging in noisy
environments . Thatís the appeal of these non reel methods and casual use occasions rather than having clothing restrictions as well etc Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

There's absolutely no clothing restrictions needed, if you have pants on you have a back pocket that's all you need.IMO, that's definitely not a clothing restriction. And the ring does not hit the keys directly, if you have the keys in your pants the ring stops right at the entrance of your pocket and as you're reaching in the ring slides the rest of the way and does not make any noise whatsoever. It's a simple matter of experimentation and practice of the placement of the keys in your pocket.

This is one I have performed hundreds of times and never have been called out.
In the latest short demo showing the load time, the ring is produced on the opposite side of the special stuff. This looks significantly better because the keys hang as they should instead of at an odd angle.

I was sold before, but after seeing that, now Iím even more excited to receive it.

Madison
Looking forward to your review Madison. As far as non-reel methods this looks like one of the better ones that have been released.
Got it. Love it. Brilliant.

Solves so many details you may have previously nitpicked about.

Very excited to add this in my EDC.
I have friends who have now received this and all say it fantastic so itís on my list to definitely pick up Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Sep 11, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:

Very excited to add this in my EDC. [/quote]

Very nice! Might have to hit the buy button. Hmmm.....
[quote]On Sep 11, 2020, MadisonH wrote:
In the latest short demo showing the load time, the ring is produced on the opposite side of the special stuff. This looks significantly better because the keys hang as they should instead of at an odd angle.

I was sold before, but after seeing that, now Iím even more excited to receive it.

Madison [/quote]

As I have worked on this project from the start and luckily had a lot of time with the prototypes, Iíve had a good amount of time to practice getting this down so fast. It wonít take you guys too long to get it looking the same.
As for the ring appearing on the large key side, it was Kingsmead of an accident but I thought the same when it happened and I do it this way every time now. It isnít any harder, just takes a little practice.

Duane
Very quick demo. Got it in the mail a bit so. It's great
[Youtube]mhR_6NZgWgg[/YouTube]
I think with practice it could be even faster, not that it needs to be.
Absolutely love it. Stop teasing me I canít take the wait!

Madison
Which differences between pro flite ?
I have Pro Flite as well. It's also fantastic (as is anything Nick Einhorn puts out).

There is similar methodology/thinking with the execution. Different method to the execution though. I might even go so far as to say it would come down to preference.
I hope itís better as pro flite never won me over as I believe it was on a clip ? Gaz 🙂
How are you guys seeing the download before receiving the product? Mine shipped yesterday but the tutorial is not in my download library on E.
Mine isnít in my download list either but I asked them separately for the links
Mine isnít in my download list either but I asked them separately for the links [/quote]

I don't know whats up with them. I received mine today along with something else and neither one of the downloads were in my account yet. I sent an email and within minutes they emailed me links to view them ( not downloadable )
Got it today and it's excellent. I haven't watched the tutorial yet, but it is essentially a modern version of Steve Dusheck's "Chain Reaction", which was my favorite (non-reel) ring flight back in the day. The issue with Steve's original is that it employed one those 1970's style #1 Key fobs and a chain. But these are very outdated looking today. Not sure if Steve was aware of Dusheck's creation since I haven't watched the tutorial yet. But the core method is very similar. Flite is indeed a real-worker and is therefore highly recommended.
Alex, Thanks for putting in the reference location. I think this is kind of a weak stand alone magic effect. It depends on how you wish to use it. As a stand alone, it makes little sense.

How I would use it is as an added climax to a good Ring on/off rope or ribbon effect. Sorry, I don't have the effect, but I can see potential in it use.

This is the kind of effect I would use "Flite" as an added surprise climax involving the spectator.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12106

This way you would have a full in the hands routine, and nice added climax using Flite. All for the low price of $40.

It will take some practice and rehearsal to learn, but you will find it is fun to perform as well.

You don't have to use a spectator's finger ring, you can use a nice cheap costume jewelry finger ring. You can find them for around $10. Just use this ring, let the spectators look it over before starting the routine. Make up a story that is your great, great, great Grandfather's fnger ring, and you noticed it had some strange power when you discovered it.
I never considered Ring Flite as anything other than a stand alone effect. I can see it being used in conjunction with other ring effects but I think it works well by itself. The only problem with this trailer is you don't get to see the entire routine or anything leading up to the "flite" Part of the stunner in Ring Flight is using a spectators ring which removes any doubt as to the legitimacy of the ring.

If this gimmick is as good as the trailer portrays then it is amazing however, I think the surprise factor is missing. You give a spectator a key ring to hold. Then vanish the ring. I would think the spectator would immediately think it has travelled to the key ring. Why else would they be holding it. With the original Ring Flight, the reveal is more of an after thought and the result isn't telegraphed.
Thank you for your feedback. My concern is not the effect itself, but the quality of the gimmick. For just under 30 bucks I canÔŅĹt imagine that it is quality made
I had seen it and itís worth every cent imho Gaz 🙂
Got mine today. Very well made and clever. Works as advertised. I still like Morelli Ring better because itís examinable and the spectator has to unscrew the clasp to get ring off, but this is more natural looking and load is definitely fast and clean.
[quote]On Sep 11, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:

You don't have to use a spectator's finger ring, you can use a nice cheap costume jewelry finger ring. You can find them for around $10. Just use this ring, let the spectators look it over before starting the routine. Make up a story that is your great, great, great Grandfather's fnger ring, and you noticed it had some strange power when you discovered it. [/quote]

If you were going to do that there's absolutely no reason to use any type of ring flight. Just buy two rings and put one on a normal keychain. Of course that's exactly what the audience would assume you did, which is why ring flight is always done with a borrowed ring.
Can you add more keys to the keychain supplied ? Nathan how is the penetration of the ring on the keychain ? same as in the demo video.
[quote]On Sep 11, 2020, tophatter wrote:
Can you add more keys to the keychain supplied ? Nathan how is the penetration of the ring on the keychain ? same as in the demo video. [/quote]

Absolutely you can put more keys on. And the link on is great. I haven't finished the rest of the tutorial, just the basic. And what you saw me do in the video is clean and keys are an afterthought.

But it's really good. Not finicky, quick and pretty clean. For $30 I think it's a steal. Don't think "James Bond" techno wizardry or gadgetry, think clever, quality, simplicity.

It's good.
And I'll add, the trailer and demos are very fair and straightforward, where you can say, if you like what you see, and this effect interests you, you'll like it.
[quote]On Sep 11, 2020, Dave Scribner wrote:
If this gimmick is as good as the trailer portrays then it is amazing however, I think the surprise factor is missing. You give a spectator a key ring to hold. Then vanish the ring. I would think the spectator would immediately think it has travelled to the key ring. Why else would they be holding it. With the original Ring Flight, the reveal is more of an after thought and the result isn't telegraphed. [/quote]

First, you could maintain the surprise factor by simply vanishing the ring and then loading as you reached to reveal the keyring. Second, as flimsy a comment is as, "if anything happens to your ring, I'll give you the keys to my car"; it does justify the reason for pulling out your keys at the beginning.

I disagree that every spectator will immediately figure out the reveal. In fact, I think it's stronger to have the keys in play and in their hands as early as possible.
I have Pro Flight by Nick Einhorn and it is great, is it worth to get FLITE? It seems to have the same effects,. what are the diferences between both?
I just bought Flite, but when I just looked up Pro-Flite I notice that Pro-Flite is fully examinable. Whereas Flite can't fully examinable. Although the audience can touch and feel it on a limited basis. Should I have gotten Pro-Flite instead?
Pro-Flite is very good. Yes it is examinable. Probably will take a little more practice loading the ring with Pro-Flite than this. But I can't say for sure because I do not have Flite.
Emm, I personally like the simplicity look of the Flite, looks closer to the normal modern key chains, the look of the Pro-flite seems a little bit out-dated. Also, even for the exmainable ring flite gimmick, I do not think it is a good idea just hand them to the audience, since they can damage the gimmicks if they handel the gimmick in a rough way. Just my 2 cents
They will in no way be able to damage the Pro-Flite key chain. There's nothing to damage
Well, then I guess we can cross that issue. Only one left is the look. lol
[quote]On Sep 11, 2020, Jhidalgof wrote:
I have Pro Flight by Nick Einhorn and it is great, is it worth to get FLITE? It seems to have the same effects,. what are the diferences between both? [/quote]

I have both. I could never really pull off Pro Flight comfortably. If you have no issues with Pro flight, I'd stick with it as its examinable. I don't think a quicker and simpler design is possible than what we now have with Flite.
For a full routine, I like to do a ring and string routine (the moves I use are the Mark Leveridge ones, from his Ring and String Master Routine - but Greg Wilson's Ring Leader is good too), at the end the ring vanishes and reappears on the ring flight. Once I have removed the ring from the ring flight, it vanishes again, only to be found in Nick Einhorn's Nest of Wallets. If I am doing this at multiple tables, I will alternate the Nest of Wallets with ring to sealed Bonsallope in my JOL Plus Wallet so I'm not having to reset too much. That way you get some lovely ring moves, a mini climax with the ring flight, then a big finish with an impossible location. When I am doing the ring and string moves, the move I use to vanish the ring is pretty much the same as one would use to remove the knots from the rope in Daryl's Rainbow Ropes.
Re pro flite vs this, I agree with what others have said. ProFlite is great because itís examinable but load is slightly harder than with Flite...not that either load is truly hard. Flite is the fastest/easiest load Iíve ever seen with a ring flight and you can do very visual open links you canít do with other versions. So depends in whatís most important to you. Both are fantastic and both are very reasonably priced.
Purchased this... No download link! It really isn't that hard. All you do is sell magic with download links. How can it be difficult when this has been the platform for years?
I have seen this and gotta get it itís brilliant imo Gaz 🙂
Any uk dealers getting their hands on this?
Where does Propdogís Ring Flight Revolution stand in comparison?
Got mine in the mail today. Itís exactly what I thought, which is a good thing. This thing ticks all of the boxes regarding issues Iíve had with previous iterations of ring flight. Highly recommended.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2020, Philippe wrote:
Where does Propdogís Ring Flight Revolution stand in comparison? [/quote]

I own RFR and completely agree that RFR is the king of all ring flights (as others here have mentioned). You get what you pay for, and RFR is top notch quality. Might sound like an ad here but it's 100% reliable, you get a very deceptive and clean visual vanish, its a real set of keys/car fob, and has a locking system so the keys are (semi) examinable. It's a true worker. Probably the only downside I'd say is the fact that the ring ends up on a clip rather than on the actual key ring. For the spectator I don't feel it lessens the effect or impact though.

Anyway I don't own this just yet, but it seems the advantages that this has is it takes up less pocket space than RFR, has a very easy load, and actually ends up on the key ring itself. So I'd get this to carry around when performing casually, but plan to take RFR to gigs. If I didn't own RFR though and didn't want to shell out the cash for it, I think this would be my go to ring flight.

On a side note, I own pro-flite as well and honestly I never used it. The concept is really nice, easy load and is fully examinable, but the clip thing always just seemed a bit awkward and unnatural to me. It's something that, atleast here in the US, you wouldn't see people carrying this type of "clip" around. The ring routine he teaches is great though and was worth the purchase imo.
Have took the plunge and ordered this and it looks perfect having seen it in person from a friend and now watched the tutorial . You wonít be disappointed I cannot see this being bettered in method , ease of use and the final reveal . The fact that this is so easy and is really on the one and only key ring puts this on another level imo . The only downside for me is waiting for it to get from the US to the UK Gaz 🙂
I wanted to come up with a method where in the spectators mind both hands empty when going for the keys and I think I have come up with a method! Basically also have a stretched thumb tip (available from prop dog), ask to borrow a ring and they are busy with this you get the thumb tip in left hand, place into hand(thumb tip) and then go to your jacket pocket to pick up a small ring box as you do you ditch the tip and ring into jacket pocket, say you will make the ring vanish and appear inside the ring box, show the vanish cleanly and then ask the spectator to open the box, as all and I mean all attention will be on the spectator opening the ring box you have ample opportunity to go to the pocket to retrieve the ring, I feel doing it this way the spectators have seen both hands empty when you did the vanish and they will be far too busy to see if the ring has arrived! When they show it isnít there you have also an opportunity for some funny business, now when you retrieve the keys from the back pocket and show the ring attached in the spectators mind it seems even more impossible as they previously saw both hands empty! Hope this makes sense
Hi Daren, that sounds good, also you could have a key in the ring box thus leading you you to check your key ring and find the specs ring.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2020, music wrote:
Hi Daren, that sounds good, also you could have a key in the ring box thus leading you you to check your key ring and find the specs ring. [/quote]

Could also use a quiver wallet to show nothing inside and then show the key
Were the instructions in your downloads or did a link come with the product? I have ordered but my instructions are not on my download list ? Thanks
I liked it so much that I immediately ordered a second unit for casual/everyday use. The simplicity, excellence, and value of this device is extraordinary. IMO this deserves to be in consideration for 'Trick of the Year'.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2020, Xcath1 wrote:
Were the instructions in your downloads or did a link come with the product? I have ordered but my instructions are not on my download list ? Thanks [/quote]

It was the latter.

And totally agree Jared, it really is quite brilliant.

If you were to do a comparison between ring flights, this would score high in the things I'd want a daily, useable ring flight to have.
Agreed Nathan. I love my RFR and will continue to use it for my professional strolling gigs. But for casual usage this checks all the boxes and looks so convincing.
Thanks for the update Nathan .
Hello everyone, I was curious after reading through this thread several times and going back to watch the trailer for this effect if anyone had addressed the issue of the keys seemingly being at an odd angle compared to the ring. This issue was mentioned already and is the only thing holding me back from purchasing. I normally use pro-flite and have no issue with it so Iím curious what everyone thinks when comparing those two ring flights. Thanks in advance for any help!
[quote]On Sep 13, 2020, draupnir wrote:
Hello everyone, I was curious after reading through this thread several times and going back to watch the trailer for this effect if anyone had addressed the issue of the keys seemingly being at an odd angle compared to the ring. This issue was mentioned already and is the only thing holding me back from purchasing. I normally use pro-flite and have no issue with it so Iím curious what everyone thinks when comparing those two ring flights. Thanks in advance for any help! [/quote]

I don't really notice anything. You're looking at this with magician eye's. You are looking at it with "how is this done, this might look very slightly un-natural" When all a spectator is doing is focusing on the ring -"is that really my ring?" And you're not going to be holding it still long enough for anyone to notice such a small thing that can happen with a real key chain anyway.
Thanks for the reply dman11! Youíre definitely right about how I was looking at the effect. I rewatched the performances and the trailer and the issue I had didnít seem to happen every performance. The last thing Iím really curious about is if the key that comes on the key ring is in a fixed position or could move around the ring?
There are 2 keys that come on the key ring with the Flite gimmick regards Gaz 🙂
In the ďspeed demoĒ of it, the ring appears on the ďbig keyĒ side and everything hangs perfectly normally.

Madison
I agree with Madison everything appears perfectly normal in the handling I have seen and will be using Gaz 🙂
Message: Posted by: Oliver Munoz Gutierrez (Sep 13, 2020 03:39PM)
I promised myself to wait a few weeks, but I had to order 🙈

Can anyone please explain, how to get the tutorial link? Is it this time in the package? Usually you have direct access with every ellusionist order..
I am twitching right now ! ready to order lol ! you can add more keys to the ring so I am in for sure !
Just ordered I really like the fact that I can add this to my car keys ! After I placed my order a coupon came on for checkout 10% makes no sense you can't use it cause you already ordered to late . Anyone else get this it's not for future orders only for this order ?
I think after more research and the help from everyone here Iím going to pull the trigger and get it. I have never had a situation like that occur when purchasing from ellusionist tophatter. If it happens to me when I check out Iíll let you know. I wonder if you could reach out to them and have them apply the coupon to your recent purchase.

Oliver, I believe they will add the link to your downloads after the item ships. Worst case scenario once you get the shipping confirmation if you have not received the link I would reach out to ellusionist. They have provided me with a link in the past when I had a similar issue.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2020, draupnir wrote:
I think after more research and the help from everyone here Iím going to pull the trigger and get it. I have never had a situation like that occur when purchasing from ellusionist tophatter. If it happens to me when I check out Iíll let you know. I wonder if you could reach out to them and have them apply the coupon to your recent purchase.

Oliver, I believe they will add the link to your downloads after the item ships. Worst case scenario once you get the shipping confirmation if you have not received the link I would reach out to ellusionist. They have provided me with a link in the past when I had a similar issue. [/quote]

They ignored my numerous email inquiries about the tutorial link. Thankfully, the tutorial link is included with the effect. Very good tutorial, btw
I only wish I could save a copy of the tutorial for myself, as I typically do, but it's online ONLY.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2020, dooblehorn wrote:
I only wish I could save a copy of the tutorial for myself, as I typically do, but it's online ONLY. [/quote]
You can always save a copy of any video. If nothing else, you can record the screen as the video is playing. I do that with QuickTime on my Mac.
CardGuyMike, thanks! I also have a MAC but rarely use QT, so did not realize it had this capability....
Dooblehorn - I answered all emails that we received as of Friday 5 PM EST. If you messaged before that and didn't receive the response it may have been filtered to SPAM (Yahoo and AOL addresses are particularly bad about that).

The web address for the instructional video is printed on the box. We're taking a look at that design to see if we can't make it a little more prominent for the next printing of the boxes.
This thing is amazing. The gimmick is very well-made and very easy to use and to be honest way better than any other ring flight I have ever used. Like it says in the instructions itís more like a linking ring than an actual ring flight. The illusion is perfect. The video with the instructions was very well-made and easy to follow and really fun to watch.
Placed my order after all the glowing posts
Iíve long wanted a ring flite that could be used as an EDC. Einhorn's Pro Flite didnít quite do it for me because as a casual performer I found it knacky and hard to stay in the groove in order to hit the sweet spot for the load reliably and consistently. Plus, I didnít care for having to set it up beforehand by having my keys hanging out of my pocket since I live in a shorts and t-shirt climate. The third mark against it was I just didnít care for the look and style of it.

Hopefully Flite will check those boxes for me.
[quote]On Sep 13, 2020, Jared wrote:
I liked it so much that I immediately ordered a second unit for casual/everyday use. The simplicity, excellence, and value of this device is extraordinary. IMO this deserves to be in consideration for 'Trick of the Year'. [/quote]

Ha, Jared's glowing review was just featured in E's latest email blast. They are pushing this product hard due to all the positive response I think.
Hi Scott,

I just noticed that they used my quote!!!

ďThe simplicity, excellence, and value of this device is extraordinary. IMO [in my opinion] this deserves to be in consideration for 'Trick of the Yearí.Ē
- Jared, Magic Cafť

But, I really do stand by my comment...This truly is an outstanding value, is extremely deceptive, easy-to-perform, and absolutely deserves to be in the running for 'Trick of the year'. I cannot imagine anybody not heaping praise on this.
I totally agree Jared I think this is exceptional and ticks every single box .
Itís practical to carry , itís super easy to do and the illusion is absolutely perfect .
Added to that from the one I have seen itís very well made and durable , I honestly think this is the holy grail of methods for a non reel ring flight .
Mines been shipped and I canít wait to receive it Gaz 🙂
I should be receiving mine tomorrow
[quote]On Sep 14, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
... I honestly think this is the holy grail of methods for a non reel ring flight... [/quote]

I think that may be spot on.
Just received this and went through the tutorial, all have to say is WOW! I have been using RFR for years and I do love it but the fact that you can vanish the ring and make it appear on the KEYRING in a spectators hand is killer. The reset is super easy and a lot quicker that RFR. This could be a strong contender for Trick Of The Year.
I received mine. I also love it. The only issue with it is that it can snag on the way out. They teach a solution to this, but it makes it a little less practical. I think some pants will be better than others. I will be using this a lot in my day job. Iíll report back if I come up with a good solution to the snagging. Iíve been playing with it tonight and have a few things which I believe are helping but I wonít speak too prematurely.

Madison
Got mine. Delighted. Trick Of The Year!!
This does look great is anyone stocking in the UK or do I need to order from US?

I want to use this in conjunction with Fly Drive by Colin Mackenzie and a ring on string routine. First have the ring appear on the key chain (flite) then say you will do it again but this time load into the car key as a great finale.
The snagging is rare but I would have something smooth and flat In my pocket regardless which would stop this and also as a precautionary measure so I donít have a chance of ripping my suit pants pocket . Tom goes over this on the tutorial and a playing card will do the job but itís literally no problem trust me Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Sep 12, 2020, Gazoo wrote:
I just bought Flite, but when I just looked up Pro-Flite I notice that Pro-Flite is fully examinable. Whereas Flite can't fully examinable. Although the audience can touch and feel it on a limited basis. Should I have gotten Pro-Flite instead? [/quote]

OK, just got it. A couple of things I'd like to address. The gimmick really cannot be examined AT ALL. You can hold it in a certain area, but you cannot let them have it. It's easily discoverable. I personally have always liked my magical props to be examinable. It's just the way that I am. Holding it, pocketing, going onto the next trick or switching I don't like doing. Most of my performances are with people that I know in casual settings and they're smart.

Secondly, I'm not sure if ellusionist knows that the training (reveal) video is available to the public for free. I Googled the trick to see if I could find reviews and discovered the site where your Flite training is done. Somehow it was made available for searching. I've already contacted ellusionist but they still have it up. Personally, I probably wouldn't have bought the gimmick had I seen this video first.
Well you are talking nonsense if you need something examined that can be so cleanly shown as this . That question will never ever arise as itís clearly and really on the key ring so showing them that is basically them examining it anyway . Hardly anyone who has bought it has got the tutorial before receiving the product so the chances of a layman finding it is next to zero . Thirdly if you want to sell me yours so I have a spare please pm me as I will buy it immediately . Lastly if you canít sell this to your audience I would honestly consider taking up stamp collecting or another hobby as you are literally looking a gift horse in the mouth Gaz 🙂 With 3 posts though I take it you may have some other motive / agenda and may have connections with one of the vastly inferior versions .
[quote]On Sep 15, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Well you are talking nonsense if you need something examined that can be so cleanly shown as this . That question will never ever arise as itís clearly and really on the key ring so showing them that is basically them examining it anyway . Hardly anyone who has bought it has got the tutorial before receiving the product so the chances of a layman finding it is next to zero . Thirdly if you want to sell me yours so I have a spare please pm me as I will buy it immediately . Lastly if you canít sell this to your audience I would honestly consider taking up stamp collecting or another hobby as you are literally looking a gift horse in the mouth Gaz 🙂 With 3 posts though I take it you may have some other motive / agenda and may have connections with one of the vastly inferior versions . [/quote]

Boy, that's a lot of venom. My complaint is not so much against tricks that can't be examined. It's just my preference. I'm allowed to have that right? My complaint is that the description vaguely gives the idea that the trick can be handled or even examined to an extent. I felt a little mislead as it really can't be handled at all.

My reasoning for mentioning that the tutorial is available without purchasing was so that ellusionist can remove it's searchability. I'm sure other magicians, not the general public, are going to Google the trick for whatever reasons they may have and will probably come across it as well.

My three little posts, I hope, are not indicative of some conspiracy theory. I've only recently become acquainted with the Magic Cafť and decided to join other hobbyist in their community. I do this as a hobby and only entertain family, friends and co-workers and the occasional pretty waitress. They all seem to enjoy my little shows. I'm not trying to hurt ellusionists sales. We've all bought tricks that we weren't happy with. Forums, review and comment sections allow others to gauge whether they want to buy a trick or not without divulging the secrets. That's why I didn't include the link.

I do have other hobbies, but I think I'll stick with this magic also, since I've been doing it at a very low level for about 50 years. As stated I'm fairly new to the Magic Cafť and don't know all of the protocol, but I do hope there aren't too many others like you. You really should take a chill dude. It's not that serious.
Sorry you took offence and Iím actually chilled for Britain . My point was many magicians have asked me for the tutorial after they have ordered as they canít find it at all only on the product themselves when it comes and not in their Ellusionist account after their purchase .
I have no connection with the creators of this effect at all and I always say things as I see them good of bad .
In 42 years of performing magic I can tell a good effect from a bad one and this really is an amazing product .
I highly recommend performing this for pretty waitresses and literally anyone itís an absolute killer .
So sorry if I seemed over zealous but I honestly cannot see anyone not loving this so I wrongly assumed with such little posts you may have had an ulterior motive .
My bad I was wrong and like I say Iím sorry all the best to you Gaz 🙂
I just received this and I love it. The load is similar to Pro-Flight but without the fiddling afterwards that I seem to have so much trouble with. But the ring/string routine that comes with Pro-Flight was worth it.

If you watch the performances, Tom often gives the key ring to a spectator to hold for a while. Between that and the clean close-up display of the ring attached to the gimmick, the spectator will feel like they examined it. It's about as fair as it gets.
Exactly and if you really want to you can squeeze everything as you take it out of your pocket and you would have to know the method before the effect starts to see anything at all imo Gaz 🙂 ps I donít recommend doing this as itís totally unnecessary and the convincers and it being on the keyring are as CardGuyMike says psychological examinations anyway
Just got mine today. I honestly believe this to be the final chapter on ring flight methods in my opinion. Simplicity at its finest. Quality gimmick. And way better than I expected.
Examinability is the issue that will divide people on this one. Until we get to perform it for real people, thereís no way to know if it will really be an issue. If you do the visual link, I think people will definitely want to examine it. If you do the standard routine, you can better control the flow so as not to give them much chance to ask. The nice thing about Morelli and Proflite is that even if you donít plan to have it examined, you know you can if you need to. So itís just an added level of comfort and why I think Morelli and Proflite still have a slight leg up.
Personally, I feel the examination argument is being way overstated. I've been performing ring flight effects with both reels and non-reels since the mid-90's and NEVER once did anyone ask if they could examine the fob/device...I'm being totally honest. Seriously, not even on one occasion. This also includes countless strolling gigs and casual performances. However, I do agree with Eric that if you were performing this as a penetration rather than a transposition then people will surely be more curious about wanting to examine it. This point is true for almost all penetrations because it's the nature of the beast.
So the reason Gazoo said what he said makes sense as he later wrote he performs for family, friends etc....yes of course those folks always want to touch and grab right?
Anyway I have this now and I'm really loving that load method! Much easier than pro flight for sure. I went and added that "swivel dealy bopper" to it and it works nice with
that feature. This is gonna be fun when the world opens up again :-)
I love this! I used to perform RFR and not once did anyone ask to examine it, I think the spectators will be far too stunned by their ring on the key ring to ask to examine it, they can see their ring linked very cleanly nothing to hide! This has got to be up there with trick of the year!
I do love this. But I can't lie, That Daiver Non guy might have a point. 😄😄
I received this today and didn't disappoint at all! I love it! imagine using a quiver wallet also, (I think it got mentioned earlier in this thread) take ring and show wallet empty, say you will make there ring vanish and appear inside the wallet, vanish ring, show wallet and inside is a key, ah if that's my key then on my key ring must be your ring, voila! killer!
I'm hoping mine didn't get lost along the way or I'll have to wait until it's restocked.

I ordered mine on Sunday and according to USPS it's been in Pre-shipment since Monday indicating that they are still waiting to receive it. My Ellusionist order says completed on the website. Color me confused.
Iíve had several orders of various things lately say pre-shipment until the day itís delivered and then suddenly change to out for delivery.
USPS has been throttled down for political reasons and status updates seem to be affected quite a bit.

Your order is very likely on its way to you.
Received this in the mail yesterday, and must be honest - the simplicity of it is it's secret weapon! What a brilliant solution to a classic mystery. Whether pro or beginner, it's easily within your ability to master and pull off. This goes to the top of the list for effect of the year in my book.

Addressing the thread about being able to be examined... I think all too often, magicians over-think the steps of an effect. Of course your audience is smart. That's a given. However, the objects in play are everyday common - we ALL have them in our pockets/purses. The old adage of: 'if nobody's chasing... stop running' applies here. The effect is impossible to a layman... let it sink in. Go ahead, give them a tug on the ring to show it's actually on that keychain - let it marinate - and then take an appropriate amount of time to take it off. All eyes are on the ring.

Steve thought of, and addressed everything. #Brilliant!
[quote]On Sep 16, 2020, videoman wrote:
Iíve had several orders of various things lately say pre-shipment until the day itís delivered and then suddenly change to out for delivery.
USPS has been throttled down for political reasons and status updates seem to be affected quite a bit.

Your order is very likely on its way to you. [/quote]

Thanks for the reassurance. I've had a few things get delayed by a day or two but this is the first time I've had something appear to be stuck like that. I'll give it a few more days before contacting anyone. Thanks again.
Hey guys, thought I would share a ring vanish, not that you need one. I use this with napkins and handkerchiefs especially table hopping or roaming around. Place the ring under the said item and you can put it on your pinky or palm it and in the process pinch a little of the handkerchief and roll between your thumb and finger creating like a small mini log. This takes literally a second. If you hand the handkerchief to a spectator, it feels like ax ring. It's an amazing vanish. I've used it literally 1000's of times. Enjoy or not.

Best

Steve
I like the vanish used in the demo videos.
Well, waited too long to pull the trigger and now I have to wait until October.
Probably Sansmind greatest product vanishing ring ( which I have ) will be my favourite way to go with this . There are so many options and for casual performances though any false transfer , French drop or the one Tom does in one of the demos ( itís name escapes me ) where you just literally drop it in your hand below works well Gaz 🙂
I've never used a "Devil's Hank". Any thoughts on sources to learn more? (I know, it should be basic stuff we all know.)
Devils hank is a great way to vanish a ring or small object but then it's uhh gone! kinda can't get it back :-)
[quote]On Sep 16, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Probably Sansmind greatest product vanishing ring ( which I have ) will be my favourite way to go with this . There are so many options and for casual performances though any false transfer , French drop or the one Tom does in one of the demos ( itís name escapes me ) where you just literally drop it in your hand below works well Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Yeah love mine too! I really would love to get another one
Got mine today. In regards to the snagging I happened to be wearing some jersey knit shorts (similar to sweats) and I had a heck of a time getting it into position and then literally could not get it off. These pants have a thick pocket hem and the material is kind of grabby. Literally had to take off my shorts to get the key ring off, and it was still very difficult because I didnít want to damage my shorts or the brand new product.

The part of the key ring opposite the small key is much sharper than it should be, at least on mine. But I realize that in order to keep the price low they cut corners and leave it up to the purchaser if need be. Thatís okay, Iím fine with that. I took a Dremel to mine and it took all of 30 seconds to make it smooth and rounded.

Although similar in loading in many ways to ProFlite I find it to be much, much easier, and overall way less fiddly. I like it so much better. The examinability aspect is not a factor at all to me.

I really like this concept a lot. I wouldnít argue with anyone voting for it for TOTY.
Time to Charge up the dremel
Got mine today. In regards to the snagging I happened to be wearing some jersey knit shorts (similar to sweats) and I had a heck of a time getting it into position and then literally could not get it off. These pants have a thick pocket hem and the material is kind of grabby. Literally had to take off my shorts to get the key ring off, and it was still very difficult because I didnít want to damage my shorts or the brand new product.

The part of the key ring opposite the small key is much sharper than it should be, at least on mine. But I realize that in order to keep the price low they cut corners and leave it up to the purchaser if need be. Thatís okay, Iím fine with that. I took a Dremel to mine and it took all of 30 seconds to make it smooth and rounded.

Although similar in loading in many ways to ProFlite I find it to be much, much easier, and overall way less fiddly. I like it so much better. The examinability aspect is not a factor at all to me.

I really like this concept a lot. I wouldnít argue with anyone voting for it for TOTY. [/quote]

Tom has a great suggestion on how to eliminate the chance of it snagging which should work on the shorts you're describing - did you see that in the video?
[quote]On Sep 17, 2020, WitchDocChris wrote:

I really like this concept a lot. I wouldnít argue with anyone voting for it for TOTY. [/quote]

Tom has a great suggestion on how to eliminate the chance of it snagging which should work on the shorts you're describing - did you see that in the video? [/quote]

Are we not allowed to mention exactly what that is here? I have something I'd like to add to it here that may be helpful to some.
As a policy I tend not to mention any part of a product's instructions video on an open forum.
Yes agreed Tom goes over this on the tutorial and that does the job but I personally will use something else to make it 100% impossible to ever snag Gaz 😊
[quote]On Sep 17, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yes agreed Tom goes over this on the tutorial and that does the job but I personally will use something else to make it 100% impossible to ever snag Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Send me your solution in PM! Snagging is an issue with what I have to wear with my work. Iím using the method Tom teaches, but Iím not happy having to replace it often.

Madison
Isn't it okay to offer helpful tips here? No one is going to be able to replicate the prop from a discussion of how to prevent snagging. Personally, I'd like to hear anyone's ideas on this.

Thanks,
Jerry
[quote]On Sep 17, 2020, jerdunn wrote:
Isn't it okay to offer helpful tips here? No one is going to be able to replicate the prop from a discussion of how to prevent snagging. Personally, I'd like to hear anyone's ideas on this.

Thanks,
Jerry [/quote]

Yeah, I don't see why talking about ways to fix the snagging publicly should be an issue. It's not like that's exposure in a way that will harm this effect.
[quote]On Sep 17, 2020, no2ss wrote:

Thanks,
Jerry [/quote]

Yeah, I don't see why talking about ways to fix the snagging publicly should be an issue. It's not like that's exposure in a way that will harm this effect. [/quote]

Sure it will. If I had known about the snagging and what the actual recommended fix was, I would not have purchased at that time. I like the look of the product but would have waited for reviews and different possible resolves to see if it would be something I'm comfortable with. As of now, after playing with it for a while - I'm not comfortable using it out of the box and want a better resolve to the snagging issue. I think we should be able to talk about it but they don't want us having that discussion because it will hurt sales and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter to them if we are getting something that would fit with you and something you are comfortable with.
I have answered all the pms I have received regarding any snagging issues , best wishes to all Gaz 😊
[quote]On Sep 17, 2020, dman11 wrote:
[quote]On Sep 17, 2020, no2ss wrote:

Thanks,
Jerry [/quote]

Yeah, I don't see why talking about ways to fix the snagging publicly should be an issue. It's not like that's exposure in a way that will harm this effect. [/quote]

Sure it will. If I had known about the snagging and what the actual recommended fix was, I would not have purchased at that time. I like the look of the product but would have waited for reviews and different possible resolves to see if it would be something I'm comfortable with. As of now, after playing with it for a while - I'm not comfortable using it out of the box and want a better resolve to the snagging issue. I think we should be able to talk about it but they don't want us having that discussion because it will hurt sales and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter to them if we are getting something that would fit with you and something you are comfortable with. [/quote]

I'm still waiting for my order to arrive, but on the topic of whether posting helpful workarounds should be allowed here, I say of course it is! Despite not always living up to the standard of 'magicians helping magicians', that is still the motto of this forum. It is not 'a platform for creators and distributors to maximize their sales'. If the act of helping one another can be construed as a disadvantage to the creator, then so be it. If the Cafť chooses to censor such content, then let them come out and do it openly rather than us censoring ourselves on their behalf. The irony is that by posting fixes for these types of issues, I contend that we make consumers more, not less, willing to buy the items in question.
I have an idea that might work for everyone. If any of you have any other suggestions that you have found works for you then please PM me with your solutionS and Iíd be happy to make a video with all of your ideas (All credited) and add it to the Flite instructions so everyone who gets/has got Flite can see them.

Duane
[quote]On Sep 17, 2020, DuanePaul wrote:
I have an idea that might work for everyone. If any of you have any other suggestions that you have found works for you then please PM me with your solutionS and Iíd be happy to make a video with all of your ideas (All credited) and add it to the Flite instructions so everyone who gets/has got Flite can see them.

Duane [/quote]

sent
Just had my first performance with it. Wonderful reaction! No need to worry about examination. These people didnít even kind of want to examine it.

Madison
I donít feel the snagging is an issue at all, I shake the keys as I bring them out this solves it for me

Thanks,
Jerry [/quote]
I thought tips were supposed to be in social media discussion groups or at the very least in the Level 2 of the basement [url=https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=37&127685]Secret Sessions[/url]
Thread in Secret Sessions created. Gaz, Duane, please share them here:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=719907&forum=37

Thanks!
Received, can only agree with all the positive comments already here above. Simple & quite smart , the overall design. Recommended and this was bought and received within days.
Are back pockets needed? I wear athletic pants with front pockets only. The pockets are on a slant.
No pockets are not needed you can hang the key ring from your waist band or belt at the back of your pants if you want to Gaz 🙂 ps the next question will be can you do it naked and if you have a Prince Albert piercing I suppose the answer maybe yes ouch 😳
It's a great idea I really like it but I practiced with it a few times & the gimmick broke ! anyone else have this issue ?
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, tophatter wrote:
It's a great idea I really like it but I practiced with it a few times & the gimmick broke ! anyone else have this issue ? [/quote]

Hey Tophatter, please send us a message at support@ellusionist.com and weíll get it sorted for you.
Canít really see how this can break unless force is used?
Received mine and back pockets aren't needed as Gaz stated. In fact, my side pocket works for me.
Maybe mine was defective but I contacted Ellusionist like Duane Paul advised & hopefully I can get a new one replaced .
Has anyone bought the extra clip shown in the instructions?
Could you let us know what you searched for please.
Itís not very clear in the instructions.
Thank you
[quote]On Sep 20, 2020, David Klass wrote:
Has anyone bought the extra clip shown in the instructions?
Could you let us know what you searched for please.
Itís not very clear in the instructions.
Thank you [/quote]

Pm me David I bought one
This is the clip. I added a suggestion for using it in secret sessions.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BNGKVZQ?pf_rd_r=CX7SK1EG60SD8W5ZCNA1&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee
I found mine in the key making section at Lowe's for $2.49
I'm going to skip getting a clip and opt for a bottle opener instead. Probably not this exact one but something similar with more robust swivel parts for lack of a better term. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076C29VV6/?coliid=I3POMDTJDK74UC&colid=E29POEY00FGO&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm also considering a toothpick holder instead since I've wanted one since I quit smoking.
Andy had a great thought about exploring using a key on the keyring... (makes sense)

But I say go bigger. Now, I'm not saying this doesn't need a little polishing... I look so serious because it requires fairly good timing.

[Youtube]KVaaEQIRUC0[/Youtube]

I know, I know... but during the french drop, I figure I can ask them to hold out their hand, then right when I'll do the drop, I'll say, "No, the clean one...nevermind, we'll do the first one..." Then when everyone is bent over laughing, I'll do the french drop and BOOM!

Work in progress, but they'll never see their shoe the same...
I have this brand new, never once used (not even to practice) and I'm selling for $22 shipped.
Nathan - that's awesome!
I bought Flite, and I really like it. However, I found it to be more knacky than expected. Also, I think you have to add more keys or something to the gimmick. When I tried it out on family, they felt the added ring right away. Didn't know how it got there, but it spoiled the surprise.
[quote]On Sep 21, 2020, dduane wrote:
I bought Flite, and I really like it. However, I found it to be more knacky than expected. Also, I think you have to add more keys or something to the gimmick. When I tried it out on family, they felt the added ring right away. Didn't know how it got there, but it spoiled the surprise. [/quote]

Simple, donít do the routine where the keys are held by spectator, I am using mine in conjunction with quiver wallet, ring vanishes to appear in wallet open wallet and inside is a key, if thatís the key the ring must be on my keys!
Daren - what a great idea! The wallet and key get all the heat. Thanks!
[quote]On Sep 21, 2020, dduane wrote:
Daren - what a great idea! The wallet and key get all the heat. Thanks! [/quote]

No worries, as you say all attention on spectator opening the wallet to hopefully find their ring you have a massive amount of misdirection to load the ring on the keys whilst they are doing this that way you are clean to retrieve the keys with empty hands
I agree with dduane it's knacky I prefer my ring flights with reels but I actually like this for the visual penetration ! Anyway ellusionist contacted me right away & they
are sending me a new one . "Great Customer Service"
The one I listed earlier in the thread is now sold, in case anyone's wondering
If Any one else is selling, I'm interested. Missed out on the first batch
I finally got mine. A little different than I expected, and I'm running into the snagging issue, so will need to play around with that. It's definitely good and easy, though because it functions slightly differently than I expected, I'm not sure it's as useful as I had hoped it would be. I was hoping it wouldn't necessarily need this particular "get ready" but I'll deal with it.
I donít see a get ready here itís so easy and there is a plethora of ways to go about this load . Knacky I donít see it either you take the ring and just basically pick up the keys with it you canít miss otherwise your keys wonít come out of your pocket . You can have it in your inside jacket pocket if you prefer and once the vanish is done and they are holding your wrist go for a sharpie and load then . You then have someone else use the sharpie as a wand or something for the vanish and go back with clean hands to retrieve your keys for the reveal . Darens idea with quiver is a great one as it gives you all the time in the world to do the simplest hook up there is . I have a custom jacket that links pockets so when I grab a sharpie and load the keys , they are then retrieved from a completely different pocket from where I took the sharpie from . Casual performances though I just would use Darens idea or the one showed in the tutorial . I wouldnít do the ballsy approach of handing something the keys though before the vanish unless it was a completely different spectator and certainly not for family and friends as they will inevitably work out the punch line after seeing hundreds of effects before Gaz 🙂
I really like the quiver wallet addtion, also gives a reason for the ring on the key chain.
The Quiver is great as it allows you to hand them the Quiver with the dirty hand ( which is always a good ploy when holding out something ) . As they open it all focus is on the key dropping out and you are home and dry on the load because of the misdirection . You can then as Daren suggests say ď
hang on if thatís my front door key ď , allowing you to go clean opened handed to take your keys out of your pocket . Thanks Daren itís a terrific idea Gaz 🙂
Do you have a link to the Quiver wallet you're talking about.

I see a few different wallets.

There's the quiver card to wallet by Patrick Kuhn, but I'm thinking you mean the Quiver (or Quiver+?) by Kelvin Chow.

Dave
Quiver original small purse by Kelvin Chow , regards Gaz 🙂

https://www.propdog.co.uk/Quiver-Kelvin-Chow
Thanks Gaz, found it on Meir's site.

Dave
I think by adding extra keys and even the recommended clasp the ring would go unnoticed by spectators, and the appearance in a spectators hand is always an extremely powerful and memorable effect.

I like the Quiver idea but I think it looks better on paper whereas the ring appearing in the specs hand would have more impact in real life.
Yes Bill for spectators at gigs I will certainly at times put the keys in another persons hands and other times do the quiver and or other approaches . There are loads of great options for this gimmick performance wise imo Gaz 🙂
I agree Gaz, having options is always a good thing.
The misdirection is massive to load as they are squeezing the wallet open and tipping out the contents (expecting to see their ring) as they do this you casually load the ring and now you are clean to retrieve the keys from your back pocket! Love this ring flite!
I know how this works and am very excited to receive it as I have a very unusual use for it (a mentalism effect rather than a ring flight). Been just over a week in the post so hoping it will land this week :)

Stay Safe!

Michael
[quote]On Sep 22, 2020, celebrity wrote:
I know how this works and am very excited to receive it as I have a very unusual use for it (a mentalism effect rather than a ring flight). Been just over a week in the post so hoping it will land this week :)

Stay Safe!

Michael [/quote]

Now that's a tease you can't keep to yourself Michael :)
[quote]On Sep 22, 2020, Nathan Alexander wrote:

Stay Safe!

Michael [/quote]

Now that's a tease you can't keep to yourself Michael :) [/quote]

Agreed!
I will report back of it all works out as good as I hope ;)

Best Wishes Michael ;)
Michael,

I received mine in Edinburgh today, I'm sure yours will not be far behind. It was delivered by Hermes.

A quick review of Flite - earlier in the thread I had a bit of a moan about how the keys appear to sit at an unnatural angle - however positive comments about the loading etc. convinced me to give it a go, so I ordered one. I must say I'm really impressed with this. The snagging issue discussed does happen in the jeans I am wearing, but not in my normal performance suit. I now own four different ring flights - Flite, Pro-Flite by Nick Einhorn, Ring Flight Revolution by Dave Bonsall, and an old leather key case version that Mark Leveridge used to sell. Flite has the fastest, cleanest load out of the four, but has the slight disadvantage that it is not as examinable as the Pro-Flite or Ring Flight Revolution.

The trailers on Ellusionist are not at all misleading - spectators can hold the keys as displayed in the trailer, and even if they are handing the loaded key to you open handed (assuming you gave them your house keys to hold as security for their ring) I can't see this being an issue. The tutorial is hosted on the MagicStream website, and is cut into bite-sized logical sections. The tutorial is very good - Tom Elderfield teaches it very well. Only two negatives - the vanish section could have been a bit better for beginners. A simple French Drop vanish is taught, however not the vanish he uses on the two ladies in the bar, where he asks one of the ladies to hold on to his wrist. Anyone with any experience will know what he is doing here, but for beginners or those newer to magic may feel a little short changed that this isn't covered. The second, and only other negative in my opinion is that the tutorial is not downloadable. You can download the trailers, but not the tutorial.

For those wondering what the type of keyring is called that Tom recommends adding to the gimmick (it isn't necessary for the trick, it's just a display idea), if you look for a belt clip keyring or bolt snap keyring on Amazon or eBay you'll find them no problem.

All in all, I'm very glad I picked this up. If anyone is on the fence, it's real is a no-brainer for the price. I think Ellusionist have priced this very fairly.
I have been saying this to several magic friends who I Skype with weekly...Flite is hands-down the best overall value of any magic prop that I've purchased this year. It is also one of the few items that I can honestly say that I'll be keeping in my pocket (to-be-ready) for any casual performing situations that arise.
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, Jared wrote:
I have been saying this to several magic friends who I Skype with weekly...Flite is hands-down the best overall value of any magic prop that I've purchased this year. It is also one of the few items that I can honestly say that I'll be keeping in my pocket (to-be-ready) for any casual performing situations that arise. [/quote]

Yep. A part of my everyday carry for sure. Clean, quick and easy. Kinda think it's a must-have if this effect interests you.
Can anyone point me in the direction to how I can see the tutorial for this. I have the product, but it didn't list a website or anything to view a tutorial.

Thanks,

Henok
[quote]On Sep 26, 2020, hnegash wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction to how I can see the tutorial for this. I have the product, but it didn't list a website or anything to view a tutorial.

Thanks,

Henok [/quote]

It's on the box.
Thank you.
It's not protected, anyone can view the instructions. Same thing they did with the Stack watch (and probably others).

Even turns up in a Google search.

Dave
I might have gotten a dud gimmick because mine broke. I haven't been rough with it all all. Just normal practice and carrying it in my pocket as you would expect. I contacted support and I'm confident they will make it right. It's disappointing just the same.
Hi,

Got mine yesterday and the idea is great.
However, I am a bit concern regarding carrying the key's in working position, on your back pocket may cause to break it.
I think I will use it with additional metal hanger
But certainty it will replace my ring flight
Itís a sensational effect and the best ring flight solution out there and even way better than any reel and non reel
version I have ever seen in 40 years of magic . 100% easy and something you will do a lot as itís jaw dropping imho Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Sep 30, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Itís a sensational effect and the best ring flight solution out there and even way better than any reel and non reel
version I have ever seen in 40 years of magic . 100% easy and something you will do a lot as itís jaw dropping imho Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

I agree this has replaced my other ring flight! I will be ordering another when they re-stock as a back-up yes it is that good!
Is everyone using the playing card method or something else?
I am using a piece of black plastic I cut out of an old dvd that came with ring flight revolution . Just joking about RFR but I am using the plastic from such a case and it works
well . You can stick it in your pocket but itís not necessary to stick it imo , best wishes Gaz 🙂
[youtube]toV0ULaO9E4[/youtube]
I have the extra clip attached, put that on my pocket and let the entire gimmick hang outside my pocket.
The problem with that is the ring when not pulled out ultra carefully can hop off and over the gimmick and end on the floor . The extra clip is unusuable if you load as I do so the ring is safe and securely linked next to the regular keys ( looks better to as itís not next to the miniature gimmicked key ) . The clip canít work then because if you were to lift up from the clip then it shoots the ring around to the gimmick side once more where it can potentially slip off . Itís in my opinion so much easier to grab the key ring once loaded between the gimmick and the ring and it naturally rests safely next to the real keys . Those who have it will get what I mean with a little experimenting . I am surprised that methods not shown in the tutorial Gaz 🙂
I figure it's the proper thing to do to post an update about my busted gimmick.

After some back and forth with customer support and some pictures sent, they will be sending me a replacement as soon as they are back in stock.

I know there isn't anything they can do to speed it up but it still sucks. I had it for about 10 days before it broke and now I have to wait at least another month. I really hope the next one holds up because I do plan to use it as an every day carry.
Know anyone with a TIG welder, solder, Gorilla glue?

Dave
My gimmick is holding up just fine. If it were to break I would use JB Weld or E6000 Industrial Adhesive as a temporary fix. I've found those the best on metal.
Mine is spot welded or soldered on ( probably soldered ) but if you sit on it at the vulnerable point it could break . Another thing when adding keys donít pull on the gimmick just pull on the sides of the key ring as it could also break if you put all your brute force on the gimmick . I am not saying everyone is breaking them this way but I personally know one magician who has . If it has broke and you want to still use it you can force ( carefully ) the key ring back through the small hole of the gimmick so it is flush and doesnít protrude . Then superglue into that hole again carefully . My friend did that under my guidance until a new one was sorted for him . Best wishes Gaz 🙂
I see Scott beat me to it , yes a metal weld glue will do the trick too even better , good call Gaz 👍🙂
Interestingly enough I just bought some E6000 for something else and was complaining to myself that it's way more than I will probably ever need. I'll definitely give it a shot as I have nothing to lose.
It will work and yes you shouldnít have to do it but I would if mine eventually broke . Or I would solder it or get it welded at a local jewellers Gaz 🙂
Hey all!
So happy to see all the positive feedback from Flite. Steve truly is a genius, and Iíve been excited about this coming out since he showed me a few months back.
If youíre still wondering how easy the trick is to do, I have a treat for you as here you can watch me perform flite while my face was on fire from hot sauce. So if I can do it even while I want to cry, you can do it while not on fire? Haha enjoy!
https://youtu.be/dgy4HU4NrvI
Absolutely hilarious!
[quote]On Oct 3, 2020, tomelderfield wrote:
Hey all!
So happy to see all the positive feedback from Flite. Steve truly is a genius, and Iíve been excited about this coming out since he showed me a few months back.
If youíre still wondering how easy the trick is to do, I have a treat for you as here you can watch me perform flite while my face was on fire from hot sauce. So if I can do it even while I want to cry, you can do it while not on fire? Haha enjoy!
https://youtu.be/dgy4HU4NrvI [/quote]
Nice performance Tom. What was the box you used?
Vanishing ring by Sansmind is what Tom used .
Itís a great product and the best release of theirs I have seen and own .
Itís certainly one of the many ways I will be performing Flite Gaz 🙂
Ps great funny vid Tom 👍
Finally got mine in. the quality is incredible and the method is just pure genius
[quote]On Oct 3, 2020, tomelderfield wrote:
Hey all!
https://youtu.be/dgy4HU4NrvI [/quote]

Awesome! 😂😂😂
I love this effect and I have made another modified version with a locking magnet . I placed a 12mm x 0.5mm disc magnet on the small key which magnetises to it perfectly . This is totally unseen during performance . What it allows is however you take them out of your pocket or the spectators hands they will always be locked so the gap will never be seen . The dismount is just the same ie dead easy and another alternative way too is to ditch the car key that comes with it and put a Yale type key with a top black cover on it which can also hide a small flat magnet inside and that works perfectly too . I doubt you will ever get caught in the original but the ocd in mean likes to push boundaries so I never have to worry about watching which way I angle the keys . I like the in the hands version so I wanted that extra security , Itís a jaw dropping effect and a real worker imho
Gaz 🙂
I received Flite a couple of days ago and I have been playing around with it. I have to say that I think it is the best ring flight there is. I really do not see how anyone would be displeased. I love it through and through and I am extremely happy with the purchase.
I totally agree with above post nobody could possibly be disappointed with this , the method is pure genius imho. It's slightly similar to a Belgium magician at the IBM 10 years ago but Steveís method is better than that . This is also better than the Einhorn version which was similar to a Steve Dushek one . This is original , the best method and blows the others out of the water imh Gaz 🙂
I will report back of it all works out as good as I hope ;)

Best Wishes Michael ;) [/quote]
curious curious ;-)
Which UK chaps have Flight?
I am not sure if any UK dealers have this , I bought mine from Ellusionist and had it delivered to the UK , regards Gaz 🙂
Thank you Gaz, as you are happy with Flight, I am ordering.
Itís truly brilliant my friend you wonít regret it Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Oct 18, 2020, Philippe wrote:
Which UK chaps have Flight? [/quote]
Check Propdog.
One of the first dealers I did check, I followed Gaz and ordered from Ellusionist.
It didnít take that long to come from Ellusionist either , best wishes Gaz 🙂
I selling Miine uk if anyone interested
Can this be used as your actual keyring or are your keys likely to come off the ring ?
You could but I wouldnít as you could end up breaking the gimmick sitting on it in your pocket continually etc . Best wishes Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Oct 31, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
You could but I wouldnít as you could end up breaking the gimmick sitting on it in your pocket continually etc . Best wishes Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

That's unfortunate as the trailer says "we want you to carry this everywhere you go and that we've made this super durable " I take it that is not the case then Gaz ?
Well some may thing itís ok but I believe the main gimmick ( small part ) could snap off if sat on . So it depended on if your keys are in your jacket pocket in the the main on in a side say suit type pocket it may well then be fine but I wouldnít risk it . Therefore I take it with me in maybe my jacket / coat inside pocket and set it up in my back trouser pocket just before performance . I donít have my own car on front doors keys on it but the spectator would certainly think I have , best wishes Gaz 🙂 ps itís a great gimmick / method I love it
You absolutely could use this as your everyday key ring in such a way that you're in no danger of losing your keys. But I'm with Gaz in that I'm not sure I would take the risk of breaking the gimmick. If you wanted to do this I would buy a second one as a backup.
Yes as CardGuyMike says your keys definitely donít fall off it if thatís your concern so you could use your own keys without worry on that part Gaz 🙂
Thanks for the input....it looks like the site is down so I won't be able to order it anyway unless it's released by someone other than illusionist.
I just got it and I like it. Simple and nice. But in my opinion the real word performances are a bit amateur...The vanish is awful, he is holding the ring in a very tight fist. Audience doesnít notice maybe, but for me is impressive how bad the performer is in sleight of hand...
There are a multitude of ways of vanishing the ring easily choose one that suits you it couldnít be simpler imho Gaz 🙂
I know Gaz, but still it is impressive how bad he is on his vanish...
Illusionist is back up and running so I've took the plunge as Christmas is coming up.
[quote]On Nov 3, 2020, warren wrote:
Illusionist is back up and running so I've took the plunge as Christmas is coming up. [/quote]

You won't be disappointed. this is the first ring flight I've owned and cant wait to give it a test run.
[quote]On Nov 3, 2020, brandon90 wrote:
[quote]On Nov 3, 2020, warren wrote:
Illusionist is back up and running so I've took the plunge as Christmas is coming up. [/quote]

You won't be disappointed. this is the first ring flight I've owned and cant wait to give it a test run. [/quote]

I've had a few over the years but want one for impromptu situations as I use a destination box at gigs...plus Christmas is coming up so time for a treat.
Yeah agreed itís brilliant thinking Gaz 🙂
My replacement Flite finally came in the mail today. I immediately opened it to see if there was any difference between this one and the original that broke on me. There definitely is. I'm not quite sure how to describe it without giving too much away but I'll try.

This one is definitely seated deeper than the last and has much more purchase where it counts. So it seems that my initial hunch was correct and the first one was a less than perfect one that fell through the cracks. I'm fairly confident that this one will hold up much better. I'll post another follow up if that's not the case.
Curious how this compares to the newly released Ultimate Ring Flight...

[quote]On Nov 3, 2020, drumdemon420 wrote:
My replacement Flite finally came in the mail today. I immediately opened it to see if there was any difference between this one and the original that broke on me. There definitely is. I'm not quite sure how to describe it without giving too much away but I'll try.

This one is definitely seated deeper than the last and has much more purchase where it counts. So it seems that my initial hunch was correct and the first one was a less than perfect one that fell through the cracks. I'm fairly confident that this one will hold up much better. I'll post another follow up if that's not the case. [/quote]
Well there is no comparison imo , with flite the ring really is actually is on the one and only key ring with your other keys . Ultimate ring flight it ends up on some weird rod so they are worlds apart looking at the demo Gaz 😊
Just received my Flite accompanied with excellent instructions and real life performances, fabulous buy.
After a good ring flight. Cant decide bweteen this or RFR. I'm only a hobbiest.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2020, JD_UK wrote:
After a good ring flight. Cant decide bweteen this or RFR. I'm only a hobbiest. [/quote]

Just remember with a reel there is noise which in working situations is hidden however it will be heard in quiet environments plus accidents can happen with reels, personally I like to be in full control of borrowed rings at all times.
I agree with Warren I would pick Flite for all the reasons he mentions Gaz 😊
The advantage of using reel, you can show both your hands empty before you reach into your pocket.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2020, indomagic wrote:
The advantage of using reel, you can show both your hands empty before you reach into your pocket. [/quote]

If performed well your audience shouldn't see you go to the pocket to load which then enables you to show your hands empty before going to the pocket 😉
How about this not sure if it has been mentioned already within this thread, do a fake transfer to left hand, go to pocket to pick up a sharpie as an impromptu wand doing the necessary, use pen to make ring vanish, show both hands empty and produce, same impact in my opinion
I prefer to place keys in specs hand as in demo, goes down smashing!
Thanks for your help guys. I think I'll pick this up and give it a go. Only a hobbiest & RFR is a lot more. I saw a good vanish once with flash paper being folded. Can't remember where though. Think it might have been on the vault dvd by David Penn.
[quote]On Nov 12, 2020, indomagic wrote:
The advantage of using reel, you can show both your hands empty before you reach into your pocket. [/quote]

Yes, this is a very strong point. Also, in the hundreds of times I used my RFR I have never had an issue with a broken ring. One of the strongest tricks you can do with minimal effort.

Though with the right routining these ring flights without the reel can be very strong as well. Just not as strong as ones with a reel but strong none the less.
Hi everyone

It can be hardwork to read through all the posts on a thread. In Flite's case there are now 15pages of discussion. So I've compressed it all below.

the quality is incredible and the method is just pure genius
Just received this and I love it.
this really is an amazing product
itís an absolute killer
Wow that visual link is sick !
this is brilliant the load is super quick and very very deceptive
my go to prop for this effect
this will blow there socks off!
You will love it
fantastic
Absolutely love it
Flite is indeed a real-worker and is therefore highly recommended.
itís worth every cent
Very well made and clever. Works as advertised.
this is more natural looking and load is definitely fast and clean.
the link on is great
it's really good. Not finicky, quick and pretty clean. For $30 I think it's a steal. Don't think "James Bond" techno wizardry or gadgetry, think clever, quality, simplicity.
the trailer and demos are very fair and straightforward,
I don't think a quicker and simpler design is possible than what we now have with Flite.
Flite is the fastest/easiest load Iíve ever seen with a ring flight and you can do very visual open links you canít do with other versions
very reasonably priced
itís brilliant
This thing ticks all of the boxes
Highly recommended.
takes up less pocket space
it looks perfect
You wonít be disappointed I cannot see this being bettered in method , ease of use and the final reveal .
The fact that this is so easy and is really on the one and only key ring puts this on another level
I liked it so much that I immediately ordered a second unit
The simplicity, excellence, and value of this device is extraordinary.
IMO this deserves to be in consideration for 'Trick of the Year'.
it really is quite brilliant.
this checks all the boxes and looks so convincing.
you can add more keys to the ring
This thing is amazing. The gimmick is very well-made and very easy to use and to be honest way better than any other ring flight I have ever used. Like it says in the instructions itís more like a linking ring than an actual ring flight.
The illusion is perfect.
The video with the instructions was very well-made and easy to follow and really fun to watch.
This truly is outstanding value, is extremely deceptive, easy-to-perform,
absolutely deserves to be in the running for 'Trick of the year'. I cannot imagine anybody not heaping praise on this.
I think this is exceptional and ticks every single box .
Itís practical to carry , itís super easy to do and the illusion is absolutely perfect .
Added to that from the one I have seen itís very well made and durable , I honestly think this is the holy grail of methods for a non reel ring flight .
all have to say is WOW! the fact that you can vanish the ring and make it appear on the KEYRING in a spectators hand is killer. The reset is super easy.
This could be a strong contender for Trick Of The Year.
Delighted. Trick Of The Year!!
It's about as fair as it gets.
I just received this and I love it
Just got mine today. I honestly believe this to be the final chapter on ring flight methods in my opinion. Simplicity at its finest. Quality gimmick. And way better than I expected.
I'm really loving that load method! Much easier than pro flight for sure.
I love this!
This has got to be up there with trick of the year!
I received this today and didn't disappoint at all! I love it!
Received this in the mail yesterday, and must be honest - the simplicity of it is it's secret weapon! What a brilliant solution to a classic mystery. Whether pro or beginner, it's easily within your ability to master and pull off. This goes to the top of the list for effect of the year in my book.
Just had my first performance with it. Wonderful reaction!
Received, can only agree with all the positive comments already here above. Simple & quite smart , the overall design. Recommended
I must say I'm really impressed with this.
it's real is a no-brainer
Flite is hands-down the best overall value of any magic prop that I've purchased this year. It is also one of the few items that I can honestly say that I'll be keeping in my pocket (to-be-ready) for any casual performing situations that arise.
A part of my everyday carry for sure. Clean, quick and easy.
certainty it will replace my ring flight
version I have ever seen in 40 years of magic . 100% easy and something you will do a lot as itís jaw dropping
this has replaced my other ring flight! I will be ordering another
I have to say that I think it is the best ring flight there is. I really do not see how anyone would be displeased. I love it through and through and I am extremely happy with the purchase.
[quote]On Jan 9, 2021, Stephen Thompson wrote:
Hi everyone

It can be hardwork to read through all the posts on a thread. In Flite's case there are now 15pages of discussion. So I've compressed it all below.

the quality is incredible and the method is just pure genius
Just received this and I love it.
this really is an amazing product
itís an absolute killer
Wow that visual link is sick !
this is brilliant the load is super quick and very very deceptive
my go to prop for this effect
this will blow there socks off!
You will love it
fantastic
Absolutely love it
Flite is indeed a real-worker and is therefore highly recommended.
itís worth every cent
Very well made and clever. Works as advertised.
this is more natural looking and load is definitely fast and clean.
the link on is great
it's really good. Not finicky, quick and pretty clean. For $30 I think it's a steal. Don't think "James Bond" techno wizardry or gadgetry, think clever, quality, simplicity.
the trailer and demos are very fair and straightforward,
I don't think a quicker and simpler design is possible than what we now have with Flite.
Flite is the fastest/easiest load Iíve ever seen with a ring flight and you can do very visual open links you canít do with other versions
very reasonably priced
itís brilliant
This thing ticks all of the boxes
Highly recommended.
takes up less pocket space
it looks perfect
You wonít be disappointed I cannot see this being bettered in method , ease of use and the final reveal .
The fact that this is so easy and is really on the one and only key ring puts this on another level
I liked it so much that I immediately ordered a second unit
The simplicity, excellence, and value of this device is extraordinary.
IMO this deserves to be in consideration for 'Trick of the Year'.
it really is quite brilliant.
this checks all the boxes and looks so convincing.
you can add more keys to the ring
This thing is amazing. The gimmick is very well-made and very easy to use and to be honest way better than any other ring flight I have ever used. Like it says in the instructions itís more like a linking ring than an actual ring flight.
The illusion is perfect.
The video with the instructions was very well-made and easy to follow and really fun to watch.
This truly is outstanding value, is extremely deceptive, easy-to-perform,
absolutely deserves to be in the running for 'Trick of the year'. I cannot imagine anybody not heaping praise on this.
I think this is exceptional and ticks every single box .
all have to say is WOW! the fact that you can vanish the ring and make it appear on the KEYRING in a spectators hand is killer. The reset is super easy.
This could be a strong contender for Trick Of The Year.
Delighted. Trick Of The Year!!
It's about as fair as it gets.
I just received this and I love it
I'm really loving that load method! Much easier than pro flight for sure.
I love this!
This has got to be up there with trick of the year!
I received this today and didn't disappoint at all! I love it!
Just had my first performance with it. Wonderful reaction!
Received, can only agree with all the positive comments already here above. Simple & quite smart , the overall design. Recommended
I must say I'm really impressed with this.
it's real is a no-brainer
Flite is hands-down the best overall value of any magic prop that I've purchased this year. It is also one of the few items that I can honestly say that I'll be keeping in my pocket (to-be-ready) for any casual performing situations that arise.
A part of my everyday carry for sure. Clean, quick and easy.
certainty it will replace my ring flight
version I have ever seen in 40 years of magic . 100% easy and something you will do a lot as itís jaw dropping
this has replaced my other ring flight! I will be ordering another
I have to say that I think it is the best ring flight there is. I really do not see how anyone would be displeased. I love it through and through and I am extremely happy with the purchase. [/quote]

This just sounds like an advert for the product 😂😂
The most disappointing thing with it is you can't use it as an everyday keyring.
[quote]On Jan 9, 2021, warren wrote:
The most disappointing thing with it is you can't use it as an everyday keyring. [/quote]

That's strange because I do.
[quote]On Jan 9, 2021, drumdemon420 wrote:
[quote]On Jan 9, 2021, warren wrote:
The most disappointing thing with it is you can't use it as an everyday keyring. [/quote]

That's strange because I do. [/quote]

I'll send a pm later so as not to expose anything if that's ok
Well after reading 16 pages of all of your thoughts I guess I should just order it and see if it will work for me ... Iím really looking to pick up things that are every day carry things that I would have anyway like a Necklace or keying something Iím carrying anyway that lets me do magic when I havenít planned on it ... if this can replace my current keyring which looks exactly like this gimmick (just a ring with some keys on it (and a bottle opener) than it should be perfect.
I don't own this, but studied it. And may still get it. With that said, I have heard that this might not fit the definition of EDC in the traditional sense like an EDC wallet is usually understood. Am I incorrect?
You could use this as everyday carry but I personally wouldnít use it as my everyday key ring . The reason is I am super protective over my props and as their is a small set up on positioning on this I would have this in my inside jacket pocket and set it just prior performance . There are times with my front door / car keys set where I put them any pocket and if you constantly shove this in you back pocket and sit down on them you could eventually damage the gimmick . So even with magic wallets I donít use them as everyday but to the spectator they would think it was my everyday as they are filled with old credit cards and receipts and the odd fake bank note etc etc . Best wishes Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 9, 2021, RedDevil wrote:
I don't own this, but studied it. And may still get it. With that said, I have heard that this might not fit the definition of EDC in the traditional sense like an EDC wallet is usually understood. Am I incorrect? [/quote]

Yes, you're basically right. I've seen some people say that they do use it as an EDC, but there are significant tradeoffs if you do -- mostly in comfort. Possibly you could use it as an EDC depending on how you carry your keys. But as someone who carries them in a front pocket normally, this... wouldn't be great for that. While I'm very happy with it, I don't see how I'd ever use it as my actual key chain. EDC wallets are basically wallets with unique properties, which don't get in the way of using it as a wallet. Flite is amazing, but part of what makes it work makes it difficult to use as an EDC key chain.
Have read many of the praises here and also watched some videos and have to say that the process of getting the ring on the key ring looks extremely easy and fast but the two keys, a very small and a large black, look unnaturally stiff and immobile, I do not like this at all and I can not imagine that the spectator does not also find this strange when he wants to release his ring from the key ring again.
I can be wrong since mine has not arrived yet but from what I gathered here so far, I do not think the spectator can take their ring off I think you have to take it off and hand it back to them.
[quote]On Jan 11, 2021, MagicVin wrote:
I can be wrong since mine has not arrived yet but from what I gathered here so far, I do not think the spectator can take their ring off I think you have to take it off and hand it back to them. [/quote]
That's absolutely correct
I donít see a problem with it. From the videos I have see if you put another key or 2 on the ring no one will even remember there is a key with a black thing or a little key (never mind what angle they where sitting at) They will be so focused on the fact that THEIR ring is ON your key ring. Thinking to them self ďit takes me 10 minutes to get a key on those dam rings how did he do that?!?!Ē You could probably have some one walk an elephant past you in that moment and the spectator wouldnít notice it. .... I canít wait till mine gets here.
Itís brilliant and I donít even use the supplied black key but thatís not because of its appearance as it looks great . I simply have mine working slightly differently but itís a 5 star effect straight out of the box imho I love it Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 11, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Itís brilliant and I donít even use the supplied black key but thatís not because of its appearance as it looks great . I simply have mine working slightly differently but itís a 5 star effect straight out of the box imho I love it Gaz 😊 [/quote]

It absolutely is great, and now I gotta hear your particular variation!
Thinking to them self ďit takes me 10 minutes to get a key on those dam rings how did he do that?!?!Ē [/quote]

Along these lines, I'd love to hear people's thoughts about how to get the ring _off_ the keychain. We all know how tricky those split keyrings can be in real life, and I don't feel like the video spends enough time showing how to convincingly remove the ring.

Evan
I think the idea is that you just take it off without emphasizing on it too much. Just casually do the move of sliding the ring off the keyring and hand it back (I think that's what the instructions mention?)

And to be fully transparent I actually have a little problem with that... HOWEVER I must admit that having done it quite a few times now people have never questioned that. I wonder though whether they might not worry it might damage their ring (and not say it). But again never had anyone question this.
Even if the thought passes their mind and they think ďI hope he is carefulĒ or ďI hope that doesnít hurt my ringĒ once they have it back and see that itís is in fact unharmed it shouldnít be an issue
I find the taking off never gets questioned as I think itís so obviously on there and they are so stunned it really isnít an issue . Having said that I find the bluff rotating looks really convincing anyway . I done it 100 times in front of a mirror and I could see from an audiences perspective all looked just as it should . I love this effect and although it goes well with the vanishing ring box or indeed any vanish for that matter I use it most of the time with the Quiver purse as per Darens great idea on this thread . Best wishes Gaz 😊
Even if the thought passes their mind and they think ďI hope he is carefulĒ or ďI hope that doesnít hurt my ringĒ once they have it back and see that itís is in fact unharmed it shouldnít be an issue [/quote]
Yup!
So all's well that ends well. Ben, I'm pleased that you became aware of Flite and are loving it as much as the rest of us. As far as removing the ring, it's sort of similar to displaying the key ring in the linking rings where you create the illusion that you're rotating the ring without actually doing so.
Yes - it's really not my favourite ring to impossible location though but it's quite practical and you can carry it with you easily/all the time - so yes it's a good one and funnily enough nearly all the times I ended up performed with it were actually times I hadn't planned on performing (!) but if I plan on performing a ring to impossible location I'll stick with another routine I'm used to and that I prefer by far
God I really wrote that too quickly apologies for the mistakes... :D
[quote]On Jan 11, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Have read many of the praises here and also watched some videos and have to say that the process of getting the ring on the key ring looks extremely easy and fast but the two keys, a very small and a large black, look unnaturally stiff and immobile, I do not like this at all and I can not imagine that the spectator does not also find this strange when he wants to release his ring from the key ring again. [/quote]

The spectator should never be the one taking the ring off the key ring. You don't want them holding it for very long. You take it back and do the "removal" process yourself.
I donít use the supplied key and they can hold mine without finding anything as I have made it so it locks itís a thing of beauty Gaz 😊
How gaz?
I will pm you regards Gaz 😊
Anyone on the fence - if you get a MagicStream free trial you can watch the entire instruction video. It helped me choose this over the alternatives I was considering.
It's indeed a very practical and clever method to load the ring. I just carry it all the time and it's always my savior when I am asked to do some magic without preparing anything.
Now people have had time to use this for a decent period of time, how well is it holding up? I'm a little concerned the construction won't hold up as well as other ring flites (e.g. Einhorn's Pro Flite). I get the sense it's a little more fragile?
[quote]On Jan 14, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Now people have had time to use this for a decent period of time, how well is it holding up? I'm a little concerned the construction won't hold up as well as other ring flites (e.g. Einhorn's Pro Flite). I get the sense it's a little more fragile? [/quote]
For me everything looks quite stable but only if I do not "sit on" my keychain to often, for this seems to me Pro-Flite better suited to be, however, the design is not to my taste and looks a little old-fashioned. The CW Morelli ring is more thin but a bit more elegant and the pendant can easily be replaced with one of your own choice. I find both systems are very usable.
I just received this last night, and I gotta say it is a brilliant idea. Considering it is based on an age old effect, I'm impressed how Steve made the mental leap that I couldn't. I am, what I consider an advanced amateur. I performed professionally back in the eighties (yes, I'm old). I'm always on the lookout for non-playing card effects that won't break the bank and get great reactions. The fact that it is easy to do is a bonus. I get home about an two hours before my wife, so there was time to watch the tutorials and work with the gimmick. When my wife got home I showed her the effect. She's seen waaaaaaay too much magic, so my feeble attempt at a vanish did not fool her. However, I did use the suggestion of putting the key ring in her hand, and the reveal garnered a "What the !@#$!!" response. I cannot think of a higher recommendation.

I am on the fence on how the tutorial is distributed. It is no password. As I typed in the web address in Chrome, it autocompleted not only the tutorial that I was looking for, but for a couple of effects that I have not purchased. I am not worried about lay people finding it, but about protecting those that purchased effects that I have not. I should not be able to watch a tutorial of an effect I have not purchased. Old guy problems.
[quote]On Jan 16, 2021, peirceman wrote:
I am on the fence on how the tutorial is distributed. It is no password.[/quote]

I deliberately do not quote the rest of your message but this sounds really very alarming !

This should be fixed immediately !!! - How can this be possible at all ?
It's also the case for other ellusionist effects I have. Was also suprised but you do need the exact webpage address (which is not that difficult to find I agree).
Wow so simple and yet so smart it finally got here I love it! Canít wait to start using it!
[quote]On Jan 14, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Now people have had time to use this for a decent period of time, how well is it holding up? I'm a little concerned the construction won't hold up as well as other ring flites (e.g. Einhorn's Pro Flite). I get the sense it's a little more fragile? [/quote]

My little key broke off before I even had the chance to perform it. don't recommend using it as your everyday key ring
[quote]On Jan 17, 2021, SlipperySnake wrote:

My little key broke off before I even had the chance to perform it,
don't recommend using it as your everyday key ring [/quote]

Seems to be a production error, but from my point of view it is definitely a weak point of this trick
I disagree itís well made the key ring on the ones made properly at least should protrude a fraction before itís welded . Thatís how mine came , yours may have been faulty from the start . You would have to go out of your way to break this so it will last forever unless mistreated . Itís like saying your brass chop cup is poorly made because you drop it and you put a slight dent in it . That will obviously occur if you dropped it on the pavement . I saw a big name coin guy at Blackpool ask to look at a young kids 3 fly he just bought from Mark Mason . He done a few moves to feel them and dropped them outside the winter gardens and ruined the edges so it happens to anything if not treated right or by a genuine accident . Markís coins are superbly made so donít always blame the tools as there are a couple of prime examples for you Gaz 😊
I haven't tried this in the real world yet, but I'm toying with the idea of combining this with the effect on Gregory Wilson's On the Spot where two fingers are shown on either side of your watch band and the ring flips back and forth between fingers. Instead of pretending to throw the ring at the end, if you leave it on your middle finger, you're in position to do a thimble vanish with the ring as you pretend to hand it back. "What? Your ring has vanished? Well I do happen to have a very similar ring here on my keychain..." or "Sorry can't seem to get the darned thing to stay put..." then produce the ring on the keychain.

I've also been thinking of how this might be combined with Gregory Wilson's Bandwidth. "Oh, is this one of those soft metal rings? You know you can get these resized at home..." Then Bandwidth followed by the visual linking of the ring.
[quote]On Jan 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I disagree itís well made the key ring on the ones made properly at least should protrude a fraction before itís welded . Thatís how mine came , yours may have been faulty from the start . You would have to go out of your way to break this so it will last forever unless mistreated . Itís like saying your brass chop cup is poorly made because you drop it and you put a slight dent in it . That will obviously occur if you dropped it on the pavement . I saw a big name coin guy at Blackpool ask to look at a young kids 3 fly he just bought from Mark Mason . He done a few moves to feel them and dropped them outside the winter gardens and ruined the edges so it happens to anything if not treated right or by a genuine accident . Markís coins are superbly made so donít always blame the tools as there are a couple of prime examples for you Gaz 😊 [/quote]

It was just from having it in my pocket, but I agree, more careful with props is optimal. I just figured I could treat my keys as I normally do. I was mistaken. I didn't ask for a refund because of it. Should have been more careful
If it does ever fall off itís easy to weld back on even with an aralidite metal welding glue . I have even made my own spares by purchasing the same size key rings and little keys etc but they are mainly to rig up with my interlaced effect . Anyway Iím glad you have found a work around Gaz 😊
Ok I just got Flite over the weekend and Iím blown away, this is a keeper! Incredibly simple and effective method, superb build quality and very good teaching. Itís already passed the wife test with flying colours and I canít wait to try it at gigs, when I can. Iíve got some ideas on what to routine it with so Iím going to play with those. Too big thumbs up for this product.
[quote]On Jan 25, 2021, simon hughes wrote:
Ok I just got Flite over the weekend and Iím blown away, this is a keeper! Incredibly simple and effective method, superb build quality and very good teaching. Itís already passed the wife test with flying colours and I canít wait to try it at gigs, when I can. Iíve got some ideas on what to routine it with so Iím going to play with those. Too big thumbs up for this product. [/quote]

100% agree Gaz 👍😊
It is awesome isn't it, I still use and love mine, it is in my opinion the quickest and easiest load ever! use it in combination with ring and string routine/nest of wallets and a killer combo!
It is the simplest miracle I think I have ever purchased in magic Gaz 😊
I stand by my earlier post that this is truly worthy of 'Trick of the Year' honors...It definitely belongs in the conversation.
Vanish the ring using the Sansmind Ring Box, reappear the ring on the Flite keyring. Perfection!

Mark
I received this in December but due to surgery was unable to do much with it but watch the video, took it out of the box once. Now that healing is almost complete decided to give it a go, took it out if it's little box it came in and the little key broke right off. Could be a manufacturing defect. Guess I will try to repair it as Ellusionist will not take it back! Plus they want original receipt also which I don't have. Pretty ****ty service if you ask me.
[quote]On Jan 27, 2021, fcchief1 wrote:
I received this in December but due to surgery was unable to do much with it but watch the video, took it out of the box once. Now that healing is almost complete decided to give it a go, took it out if it's little box it came in and the little key broke right off. Could be a manufacturing defect. Guess I will try to repair it as Ellusionist will not take it back! Plus they want original receipt also which I don't have. Pretty ****ty service if you ask me. [/quote]

Sounds not good, you are the second who wrote here about the little key broke off
I will never purchase another item from Illusionist, ever.

Mark
Second out of 2187 units sold mines absolutely great quality Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 26, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Mark [/quote]
I noticed that Saturn and Alakazam UK are now carrying this.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2021, CardGuyMike wrote:
[quote]On Jan 26, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Mark [/quote]
I noticed that Saturn and Alakazam UK are now carrying this. [/quote]

That's terrific, now people can buy Flite (which is excellent) without giving money directly to Ellusionist.

Mark
Yeah over 99.9% of all sold have been flawless so thatís a good quality production ratio imo Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 27, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Yeah over 99.9% of all sold have been flawless so thatís a good quality production ratio imo Gaz 😊 [/quote]

LOL - How do you know that 99.9% have been flawless ? - some statements are just too funny 😊
2 divided by 2187 x 100 = 0.091449474165524 faulty units . This means that 99.9085505258345 % havenít been faulty . Itís just basic maths my friend , I take it you donít do the magic square yet lol Gaz 😊
2 divided by 2187 x 100 = 0.091449474165524 faulty units . This means that 99.9085505258345 % havenít been faulty . Itís just basic maths my friend , I take it you donít do the magic square yet lol Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Well, you are correct GAz...if assuming that all 2187 purchasers are members of The Cafť, that they saw this post, and they felt like sharing if their unit has broke or not. Hopefully, that is the case! :)

On a side note, the creator of Flite did contact me after seeing my post about my broken unit, which I thought was a nice touch. I will most likely buy another one at some point and try again (being more careful with it this time).
2 divided by 2187 x 100 = 0.091449474165524 faulty units . This means that 99.9085505258345 % havenít been faulty . Itís just basic maths my friend , I take it you donít do the magic square yet lol Gaz 😊 [/quote]

mine broke in a couple of days. Shame because it's really good, just poorly made.
99.8628257887517 % perfect ones now then Gaz 👍😊
[quote]On Jan 28, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
99.8628257887517 % perfect ones now then Gaz 👍😊 [/quote]
Means three dissatisfied customers too many 👎

I wonder where you get the # 2187 from 😜
Itís actually more than that now sold and I havenít checked on the latest sales figures that was the last time I checked . I have become friends with the creator after developing ideas that I have shared with him why do you ask ? Gaz 😊
You wonít find a product anywhere in the world that has less than 0.14 % dissatisfied customers when they have sold that many units . Itís an incredible statistic seeing that when you can hardly buy even one deck of bikes without finding one dodgy white border . Best wishes Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 25, 2021, simon hughes wrote:
Ok I just got Flite over the weekend and Iím blown away, this is a keeper! Incredibly simple and effective method, superb build quality and very good teaching. Itís already passed the wife test with flying colours and I canít wait to try it at gigs, when I can. Iíve got some ideas on what to routine it with so Iím going to play with those. Too big thumbs up for this product. [/quote]

Just received this as well, and would only add that the simplicity of this is absolutely elegant.
Sorry if this question has been discussed, but can an un-gaffed duplicate be purchased so you can hand it out after you remove the spectator's ring? People have asked to looksie.

This is a brilliant ring flight gaff. 5 stars.
I would think it would be easy to make one. The item that provides cover can be replaced with any other item that is similar and cheap enough. Or.... Buy two Flites?
Easy with JB Weld
[quote]On Jan 29, 2021, MR Effecto wrote:
Easy with JB Weld [/quote]

Whatís easy with JB Weld?
Sorry, we canít read your mind to know what you are replying to.

Are you referring to repairing a broken unit or making an ungimmicked one?

AFA an ungimmicked dupe there is nothing to ďmakeĒ. You just need a standard key ring and matching keys. There are many tiny locks with keys available on Amazon and other sites to source the small key. You wouldnít need an exact match because nobody will notice a small difference because they are obviously not seen side by side.
Easy to fix if broke and easy to make a new one.
Flite by Ellusionist is the best ring Flite Iíve seen. Highly recommended.

Hereís a video of my son Ryland performing it for his YouTube channel. Itís a really commercial prop and to quote Ryland Ďsuper, super, super easy!í

https://youtu.be/oNGiE7ap830
[quote]On Feb 4, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Flite by Ellusionist is the best ring Flite Iíve seen. Highly recommended.

Hereís a video of my son Ryland performing it for his YouTube channel. Itís a really commercial prop and to quote Ryland Ďsuper, super, super easy!í

https://youtu.be/oNGiE7ap830 [/quote]

Now that kid has talent.
Ryland has a great teacher in his Dad and they are both right , itís super super super easy and the best ring Flite ever imo too Gaz 😊
This is a great product. Here's how I plan to use...

Display ring on open hand, pick up with opposite hand for closer look. B*b* sw**ch with a secretly palmed key(small) into the other hand, mention the need for a magic wand, reach for sharpie in back pocket, quickly load while reaching for pen. Three taps, reveal key. Pause, explain that if a key is in your hand... put down sharpie, show hands empty, bring out the key ring.

Got the basic mechanics down, won't show the wife until the load action is super-smooth.
Itís easier doing the same idea with the quiver purse as per Daren earlier on in the thread . Still a great idea though and well motivated for the load imo Gaz 👍😊
Thanks for the reply Gaz. I don't have the quiver purse, but know what it does. How would that routine play out?

I like the idea of the bb switch because if done casually/softly (I drop the key at the moment the ring moves out of site as opposed to the exaggerated toss motion), there was s a nice retention of vision as the 'ring'(key) falls.

In my opinion, it looks better if you can show the hand empty before you slowly go behind your back to retrieve the key ring, hence the magic wand/pen. If performed with just a false transfer/load/reveal (sorry Raylan, still love your videos!), it's less of a 'how did it get there', and more of a 'how did it get on there' trick.

One more thought for the casually dressed performer... if you have a hooded pullover sweatshirt with 'connected pockets' in the front, you can have it look like the pen came from one pocket, the key ring from another. Can't say it makes a world of difference, but it's a nice subtlety.

Gaz- you mentioned previously that you adjusted your gimmick somehow so it was examinable? Can you pm me the details please?
Oops. Meant Ryland, not Raylan. I guess I've been watching 'Justified' too much.
Well, I've rehearsed my presentation of this over and over and over...(and over!). Got to where it looks great/flows smoothly, decided to show the wife. Like most of our partners she's suffered through many a trick and knows a lot about how these things work... she was blown away. The reveal of the key in my hand totally took her by surprise, revealing the ring on the keys left her speechless.
Wow. I have/had some other ringflights (Nick Einhorn / Ring Flight Revolution) but never got 100% warm with them.
Flight is the final solution for me. I love the simplicity, the speed, the possibilities and the visual so much; for me this is a perfect helper.

i really, really hope, it will not break, cause I read a bit of some cases here...and I also think, when we buy products out of metal, they should have no problem with stability usually :)
i mean, all of us have so much breakable and sensitive things...a metal key should be strong :D :D

i have to say: I really like the flite and cant await to test it live :)
I agree itís the final solution too Gaz 😊
On sale. Twenty one bucks now, too.
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Mar 14, 2021 08:04AM)
Question for the hive. I am assuming from all that I have read, that the vanished ring attaches using a method similar to the linking rings. Instead of using this with keys as a key chain, can I use the key ring with no keys or anything attached to it by itself? Hard to explain, but I really want to show their ring hanging from the key ring like a christmas ornament hangs from a tree. If not, is there any other ring flight where this can be done? By the way, I would remove their ring off of the ring myself, they wouldn't need to handle it so examination is not an issue.
PM sent
I haven't used this yet for ring flight because it the set up isn't working very well for me yet. But I've worked out an awesome routine where I link and unlink my key with a specs keys. Haha
It has to be the easy ring flite in history so I cannot see why you are having a problem ? Gaz 😊
I am using Flite with Rattled by Dan Hauss. Heat is off the load as spectator is playing with the bottle top when this happens. They can also hear the ring under the top after key ring is brought into play, excellent combination
[quote]On Apr 22, 2021, PaulW wrote:
I am using Flite with Rattled by Dan Hauss. Heat is off the load as spectator is playing with the bottle top when this happens. They can also hear the ring under the top after key ring is brought into play, excellent combination [/quote]

Hey Paul, that sounds like a neat idea. Thanks for sharing!
Yes I agree thatís a great idea thank you Gaz 😊
I think it would be great idea combining the two!
Excellent idea Paul. Thanks for sharing
Rattled is a good combo and I've tried it with a man's ring. Since this is a zero tension "safe" Ring flite I don't feel nervous about using an expensive ladies ring with a thin band but I wouldn't want to rattle it so I've been using a Vanishing Ring Hanky. It gives you the same delay and no heat on the load because they think they're still holding their Ring and they can feel it.
Yes good point but thatís the same as taking the ring with one hand (French drop) and loading and giving them your keys to hold as an insurance policy. There is no heat on the load as they still think their ring is in your closed fist at that point. With my locked variation Iíve added to this there is no worries about them holding the keys as there is nothing they can possibly find. Really great effect this and so so easy which ever route you choose to go down Gaz 😊
Are you saying there is no difference between telling them their ring is inside you're closed fist and them actually holding it themselves while you're trying to do the dirty work?

I don't think its necessary because the standard routine does work well but it is not the same. Just wanted to post a fun way I've been varying things. Take it or leave it.
No real difference at all ( infact the hanky is slightly weaker) as I have and used the any ring hanky by Richard Sanders and itís great but why are you covering it in a hanky for them to hold? They would surely just hold it uncovered right? So my way if done well they truly believe itís in my hand and the natural moment of grabbing my keys is a natural movement . Covering their ring with a hanky works well but is more unnatural as there is a why there imo? For that reason I think itís a good way but not the best way. You canít go wrong with this effect whichever way you choose do it imho Gaz 😊
Why close your hand into a fist after the French Drop? You would just hold it on your open palm uncovered right? There's no way using the hanky is weaker than a french drop. Most laymen will guess that if it wasn't in one hand then it was in the one that you used to grab the keys, no matter how clean your french drop is, unless they assure themselves that its actually in another place, which the hanky helps to accomplish.
Iím not arguing with you but I disagree. I think the handkerchief is a good second best for sleight of hand and to be fair I think you know that really if you are being totally honest with yourself Gaz 😊
And here is my (late) review on this project, very good indeed! 🥰

[youtube]Wx4tU3bLm-4[/youtube]
[quote]On Jun 20, 2021, Alex DLF wrote:

[youtube]Wx4tU3bLm-4[/youtube] [/quote]

Thanks! I agree with you entirely....simplicity is key! (See what I did there?) ;)

I enjoy your reviews, so thanks for this one!
Message: Posted by: Supersmooth_ Magic (Jul 10, 2021 07:04PM)
[quote]On Jun 20, 2021, Alex DLF wrote:

[youtube]Wx4tU3bLm-4[/youtube] [/quote]

Merci pour le review! :D

I have the Immaculate Ring Flight and I use Nest of Wallets as well as the Vanishing Ring by Sans Minds.
Bit late to the party, but performed this for the first time this weekend.

Iíve added two house type keys plus a large hinged clip (called a carabiner) set up as follows;

Small key - largest key, next key, carabiner, plastic covered key

The largest key has a wide body section which helps in my handling as follows.

I love the handing of the keys to a spectator to hold, and this set up letís me display the keys openly whilst holding the carabiner - the ring when loaded sits right in the middle of the key set and the large key hides the ring perfectly from the spectator front on. I simply ask them to hold the keys with the carabiner poking out the top of their closed fist.

To perform, as the ring is loaded the keys fall into your right hand and itís a simple matter of locating the large carabiner with your right thumb and then dropping the keys - the ring is hidden right in the centre of the cluster. Then itís handed to the spec to hold.

Itís a killer! Love it. Hope this all makes senseÖ.
Message: Posted by: Supersmooth_ Magic (Jul 12, 2021 04:48AM)
[quote]On Jul 12, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

Iíve added two house type keys plus a large hinged clip (called a carabiner) set up as follows;

I love the handing of the keys to a spectator to hold, and this set up letís me display the keys openly whilst holding the carabiner - the ring when loaded sits right in the middle of the key set and the large key hides the ring perfectly from the spectator front on. I simply ask them to hold the keys with the carabiner poking out the top of their closed fist.

To perform, as the ring is loaded the keys fall into your right hand and itís a simple matter of locating the large carabiner with your right thumb and then dropping the keys - the ring is hidden right in the centre of the cluster. Then itís handed to the spec to hold.

Itís a killer! Love it. Hope this all makes senseÖ. [/quote]

Is the gimmick invisible to the audience? Can it be done at close up?
Yes the gimmick is hidden and yes itís for close up
[quote]On Jul 12, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:

Itís a killer! Love it. Hope this all makes senseÖ. [/quote]
Thanks for sharing this Sean! Love the idea of the large key! (and I think I see what you mean)

If one day you happen to video yourself performing it Iíd love to see that! :)

Cheers,
Ben
I really like the simplicity of this gimmick, but I have a problem with using it because it gets caught in my pocket and can't be removed quickly without wrestling it out - am I the only one?.... mine is quite sharp/unfinished which probably contributes to the snagging.

Does anyone have any experience and suggestions to make it easier and quicker to load and remove?

Happy to move to DM to avoid divulging secrets.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Dan
☝I should have said "potential simplicity..." because in practice, I haven't found it simple to use...
When you load it, donít load like in the tutorial but load it so the ring drops in the pocket. When you then pull back them out of your pocket your fingers are now in front of the ring (so it canít fall off) and if you now pull up and tilt your wrist downwards it means the potential sharp edge has clearance and wonít snag. Itís also the action you want when bringing around the front anyway as it closes or locks the gimmick (in my case anyway). If the non key is very sharp lightly file that sharp point carefully flat. Best wishes Gaz 😊
I keep mine on a clip that hangs from my belt loop so itís not in my pocket at all. The clip easily comes off my pocket. Not perfect but most flexible for me.
Iíve just cut a piece of plastic off of the cover of a notepad and popped that in my pocket. Eliminates any friction. Simple
Yes the plastic is a great idea as long as itís thin like Sean suggests Gaz 😊
Yes, the plastic works really well. Thanks for your help folks 😀
Woke up this morning to find the small key had broken off of my ring. Any suggested fixes for this?
[quote]On Jul 16, 2021, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Woke up this morning to find the small key had broken off of my ring. Any suggested fixes for this? [/quote]

there is glue available by Araldite that can bind metal too works really well in my experience.

https://www.go-araldite.com/de/produkte/zweikomponentenklebstoff/araldite-steel-2-x-15ml-tube
Woke up this morning to find the small key had broken off of my ring. Any suggested fixes for this? [/quote]

JB Weld works nicely. Itís a 2 part epoxy that is super strong. Itís available at most hardware stores

I just picked this up on a whim and I must say I was quite surprised by the simplicity yet brilliance of the idea. I have Ring Flight Revolution which of course is a very well made custom gimmick most definitely worth the price.

But one has to remember that this is different. You are looking the ring directly to the ring.

I purchased a metal clip at Home Despot... similar but smaller than what he suggests. I can clip it to a belt loop rather than use a back pocket. He suggests putting a playing card in your pocket and using it to avoid catching the pocket

As for the little key breaking off, I have wonded how careful I need to be. I can see that even though it is welded, it is only attached to a very small surface area so I have consciously been careful with it.

Being a master at gluing things I do not think any glue will work for an extended period fir the same reason...to little surface area to make contact with.

I would suggest contacting the creator about the issue. I would think he would be kind enough to send you a new gimmick.

I have not made up my mind about letting the spec look at it. I have tried dropping it in the specs hand and holding it with the swivel keychain device I am using....kind of letting them do a cursory inspection. My thinking is that by letting them hold it briefly, psychologically it leaves then with the thought that they did hold it..inspect it. I have not done it enough to determine whether or not this is the best handling

Save for the potential weak point where the small key attaches, I really do like this effect. People have been just as impressed with it as Ring Flight Revolution. At least that is my experience. I just hope the gimmick lasts and does not break.
I have also been clipping to a belt loop rather than putting into the pocket. I got these. The hold on your belt too securely but I found the quicker to remove than spring loaded clips cause there is nothing to open.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPLGBDH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[quote]On Sep 4, 2021, Xcath1 wrote:
I have also been clipping to a belt loop rather than putting into the pocket. I got these. The hold on your belt too securely but I found the quicker to remove than spring loaded clips cause there is nothing to open.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPLGBDH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1 [/quote]

Well spotted. Good idea. Iíve only just realised that this item is available outside of E. thatís great news. Just ordered.
No matter how many times I reattach the small key, it just comes off in the pocket. Am I the only one having this issue?
I'm using JB Weld too, but it seems like the point of attachment is just too small to make this very resilient as an EDC in the pocket.
Mine is welded strongly as it just came like that. It also is welded with the key ring through the hole of the little key so itís very difficult to break unless you repeatedly sat on it I suppose. Or of course if you got a poorly made one.
I donít get a few people saying itís welded flat to to flat on a small surface area as I have seen at least 10 of these as I modified a locking key gimmick for them and all had the key ring going through the little key hole just stopping flush with the exit side.
Best wishes Gaz 😊