(Close Window)
Topic: Anverdi's Mental Die
Hey guys,

Last year we released the 3 Color Mental Dice Set and it flew off the shelves. We heard your comments about wanting to receive the read through a thumper, so we immediately went to work to make it a reality!
Today we have a brand-new release we are incredibly proud and excited to share with the magic community! Tony Anverdis Mental Die is a single electronic die with a thumper that delivers your notifications through vibrations. There are multiple vibration modes, including a soft mode where you can safely palm the thumper without worry. The coolest part is that the thumper will also connect with your 3 Color Mental Dice Set, so you will never have to peek the number, you can just feel it.
It comes with 5 routines just to get you started as well as an arm/leg band and a clip so you never run out of places to hide your thumper.
Mental Die is available in Black or White.

More information on Mental Die:

https://www.murphysmagic.com/anverdi/products/mentaldie/

More information on Tony Anverdis line of products:

https://www.murphysmagic.com/anverdi/products/
It would be really great if the trailer for this wasn't plastered all over youtube.
It would also be great for owners of the mental die set to be able to purchase JUST the receiver
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, Mac_Stone wrote:
It would be really great if the trailer for this wasn't plastered all over youtube. [/quote]

They donít care about real performers or the necessity to keep tools like this secret, they care about profit. a the more eyes that see the trailers directly relate to how many more units they will sell.... simple math.
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
It would also be great for owners of the mental die set to be able to purchase JUST the receiver [/quote]

I asked Penguin. They replied that the only way to obtain the new receiver is to order the new single-die version.
Wow, I want one. Supereffect, sure.
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, jerdunn wrote:
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
It would also be great for owners of the mental die set to be able to purchase JUST the receiver [/quote]

I asked Penguin. They replied that the only way to obtain the new receiver is to order the new single-die version. [/quote]

Maybe if enough people ask then Murphyís can start working
On an update pack with just the Thunder for existing owners
Not a fan that the publicly accessible product trailer exposes all the details about this. But then again, magicians should be working out their effects/routines to where the use of a innocent looking prop doesn't come to suspicion that causes the audience to google the words magic and die together.
Too much exposure through this marketing maschinery. And my promystical heart bleeds a bit...
; )
The degree of exposure in this trailer is unbearable Murphys Magic!
Donít tell us that only magician will see this.
This is how you treat secrets? Shame on you!
I donít think Anverdi would have support this behavior (also with ProMysticís side of the story).
Ok to be slightly controversial and before I get slated Iím a huge ProMystic fan and own most of the effects.
But at this price point it looks incredible value for money compared to RD, and yes Iím fully aware of the fantastic customer service advantage of dealing with PM.
This is madness. A thumper is now available which will work with my three mental dice - however, in order to get it I must also buy a fourth die. I don't want yet another die but I do want a thumper. Is that too much to ask?
I believe the originator of this effect, Marc Antoine developed and released a thumper which is available separately and works with both Mental Dice.
It also has a cool app so a photograph prediction on your phone changes with the dice.

Well worth checking out, not only supporting the creator but the guy who's innovations keep getting copied.

https://dodymagic.com/product/original-mental-dice-complete/
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
This is outright, unrepentant theft. Period. On top of that, it's unbelievable that they choose to expose it all over social media. Stealing and exposing what they've stolen, and lying about it all along the way. I hope they are sued over this. It's disgusting. [/quote]

It isnít at all, are you fully informed in business copyright laws btw. Iím not saying itís ethical but legally itís correct. Because you may or may not have spent a considerable amount on a product previously does not make it unjust that a manufacturer has made a similar product at nearly 80% less. And yes I have paid a premium for a similar product previously so feel slightly overcharged!
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
This is madness. A thumper is now available which will work with my three mental dice - however, in order to get it I must also buy a fourth die. I don't want yet another die but I do want a thumper. Is that too much to ask? [/quote]

You're framing it incorrectly. A thumper receiver is now available. It is $149 (same price as Promystic's receivers). As a FREE BONUS you get an extra die.

s
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, chuds wrote:
This is outright, unrepentant theft. Period. On top of that, it's unbelievable that they choose to expose it all over social media. Stealing and exposing what they've stolen, and lying about it all along the way. I hope they are sued over this. It's disgusting. [/quote]

It isnít at all, are you fully informed in business copyright laws btw. Iím not saying itís ethical but legally itís correct. Because you may or may not have spent a considerable amount on a product previously does not make it unjust that a manufacturer has made a similar product at nearly 80% less. And yes I have paid a premium for a similar product previously so feel slightly overcharged! [/quote]

Marc Antoine came up with the 3 dice effect and the colour reader. He let Murphy's wholesale it, Murphy's then release their copy. It may not be illegal, but I don't like the ethics at all. Marc makes a thumper - Murphy's release a thumper.
Marc can only compete with his innovations, but Murphy's can copy and manufacture cheaper.

It is a shame money is more important than doing the right thing.

All things aside, Marc's product complete with Thumper and App is better. It is more expensive because he doesn't have the economies of scale Murphy's do.
Hello All Ė

I hope everyone is staying safe and in good health!!

I wanted to make a brief statement pertaining to the Anverdi Line of magic.

MENTAL DIE THUMPER:
We had planned to release the thumper alone for $149.95. After a lot of thought
we decided to add a die and charger to the package for the same price. The thumper itself is worth
the price. It has more options than any other thumper on the market today. It is also the most affordable
thumper on the market..

ANVERDI RIGHTS:
For almost fifteen years Murphyís Magic Supplies has owned the right to the entire line of Anverdi
products. This includes Mental Dice, Color Match, Talking Skull, Spirit Bell, and many other effects.

Many companies have released these products without contacting Murphys or asking permission.
We never went after anyone nor have we asked for money, etc.

I feel it is very important to know that the rights to ALL these effects belong to Murphyís Magic Supplies.
As well, ALL of these effects were created by Tony Anverdi.

Patrick
There is no record of Anverdi ever creating the three dice trick now known as Mental Dice.
He did make a large stage die effect. Completely different in workings and design.

The dice effect created by Marc Antoine is different, it uses three dice and includes unique designs such as the colour coded reader.

By all means make the Anverdi creation. Good luck with that.
A little birdie told me about the forthcoming Anverdi Mental Die Thumper right after the Anverdi Mental Dice were released. The Thumper would have been released sooner, but the pandemic screwed up manufacturing timelines.

Iím very pleased it is finally here. My order has been placed. I was expecting to pay about $150 for the Thumper so getting an additional die is icing on the cake.

If Marc Antoine had offered his Thumper to previous buyers of his Mental Dice for $99 (as he was offering that price to new buyers of his Mental Dice), I would have purchased his Thumper by now. But, instead, he wanted the customers that supported him the earliest (and paid the most for his Mental Dice) to shell out DOUBLE what new buyers were asked to pay for his Thumper.

So, thank you Marc Antoine, your poor treatment of previous customers caused me to continue to wait and look at the wonderful early Christmas present we get from Murphyís!

Thank you, Murphyís!

Mark
Have you asked Marc?
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
Have you asked Marc? [/quote]

I emailed Marc Antoine to ask why I was being asked to pay twice as much for his Thumper vs. brand new buyers of his Mental Dice. Marcís response was, basically, sorry... pay that price or donít buy it. So, I didnít buy it. A friend of mine reached out to Marc Antoine too, he got the same type of reply.

Mark
It's funny how people think the trailer has too much exposure...

here is the reality check..they technology has been around for a while.
You can buy the toy that tell yous the value of the dice on the market.
This magic trick is just another application to use it.

If you think your audience knows your trick because of the magic trailer then you are wrong and you live under a rock.
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, Harry Patter wrote:
I believe the originator of this effect, Marc Antoine developed and released a thumper which is available separately and works with both Mental Dice.
It also has a cool app so a photograph prediction on your phone changes with the dice.

Well worth checking out, not only supporting the creator but the guy who's innovations keep getting copied.

https://dodymagic.com/product/original-mental-dice-complete/ [/quote]

If anyone is interested in supporting Marc Antoine, I have my back up version of his Mental Dice for sale complete with thumper and set of 3 (yes 3!) dice. PM me if interested.
Hocus pocus writes it provides mystery gift, someone know what gift is?
Interested to know which one people are ordering that already have the three dice. Do you order the black one to keep it separate femoral the white one that comes in the set or the white one so you could switch it in if you wanted to assuming of course it is exactly the same colour

It isnít at all, are you fully informed in business copyright laws btw. Iím not saying itís ethical but legally itís correct. Because you may or may not have spent a considerable amount on a product previously does not make it unjust that a manufacturer has made a similar product at nearly 80% less. And yes I have paid a premium for a similar product previously so feel slightly overcharged! [/quote]

Marc Antoine came up with the 3 dice effect and the colour reader. He let Murphy's wholesale it, Murphy's then release their copy. It may not be illegal, but I don't like the ethics at all. Marc makes a thumper - Murphy's release a thumper.
Marc can only compete with his innovations, but Murphy's can copy and manufacture cheaper.

All things aside, Marc's product complete with Thumper and App is better. It is more expensive because he doesn't have the economies of scale Murphy's do. [/quote]

No, Craig Filicetti developed this concept long before Antoine's product.
And this new product is absolutely unethical.I'm constantly ashamed of the community of magicians. They have no respect for each other and each other's creations. Only money.
Would love if anyone who got the product (or has the regular Mental dice) Could help out and say what he thinks about the product itself ^^

Not wanting to spend 1k$ on PM Dice, and really don't need 3 dices, this seems like the best solution for me at last.
1 chargeable dice, thumper, low price tag for such a routine.

Looking to get some opinions on the product itself. thanks!
Do I have to strap the receiver to an arm or leg? Or can I just keep it in my pocket- or would I not feel the vibration through my pants material?
New to this sort of tech. If anyone knows, that would be appreciated.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Fatgumbo wrote:
Do I have to strap the receiver to an arm or leg? Or can I just keep it in my pocket- or would I not feel the vibration through my pants material?
New to this sort of tech. If anyone knows, that would be appreciated. [/quote]
I think theyíve designed the thumper so that you could have that option if you want. Soft-medium-hard thumping settings are available, with the softest setting intended for when you are palming the thumper in your hand, or when you are in a really quiet environment.

Canít confirm, but Iíd imagine the hard setting would allow you to feel the thump in your front pocket.
WORKS WITH MENTAL DICE SET!! Can you tell us more? with a dice I can understand, but 4? One at a time?
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, tomd wrote:
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Fatgumbo wrote:
New to this sort of tech. If anyone knows, that would be appreciated. [/quote]
I think theyíve designed the thumper so that you could have that option if you want. Soft-medium-hard thumping settings are available, with the softest setting intended for when you are palming the thumper in your hand, or when you are in a really quiet environment.

Canít confirm, but Iíd imagine the hard setting would allow you to feel the thump in your front pocket. [/quote]

Makes sense, thanks.
[quote]
And this new product is absolutely unethical.I'm constantly ashamed of the community of magicians. They have no respect for each other and each other's creations. Only money. [/quote]

Complete credit to Craig for the technology. I was referring to the use of three dice and a colour coded reader.

The app that comes with Marc's dice is the game changer for me.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Troyze wrote:
It's funny how people think the trailer has too much exposure...

here is the reality check..they technology has been around for a while.
You can buy the toy that tell yous the value of the dice on the market.
This magic trick is just another application to use it.

If you think your audience knows your trick because of the magic trailer then you are wrong and you live under a rock. [/quote]

Here is your reality check:
When Craig Filicetti started to sell RD (his webpage was secured by a password) years ago it was a hidden treasure.
Not much knew or talked about it, nobody could google it and owners used it for years without any disturbance.
It is and was used by absolute top pros in the business!

The kickstarter ďtoyĒ you are talking about originated from EStooge.
They first sold it to magicians and later decided that the mass market was more lucrative.
That is how your toy was ďcreatedĒ and what happens if secrets get treated badly.

With Murphy trailers like that, curious spectators donít need to find ďYT reveal videosĒ anymore.
Magic is a business of secrets! If you put it in a open available video itís not a secret anymore - simple as that!
Once I charged the die, how does one activates the die before a show? if I go to a close up show, how long should I expect the die to maintain battery?
is the thumper working on a replaceable battery or the unit itself is charged?

How long can I expect the thumper and the battery to survive per charge?
How easy is it to change thumping strength during performance?
Can the thumper be put on the pocket without the strap? is it easy to detach the unit from the strap ? (I think this was clear on the video but ill ask aswell just for the sake of clarity for others since it was asked here already)
1 the one spot is a secret on/off button
2 2 minutes
3 6 x AA batteries
4 question doesn't make sense
5 very difficult
6 no
7 no, you'd need a pair of pliers
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Doric wrote:
1 the one spot is a secret on/off button
2 2 minutes
3 6 x AA batteries
4 question doesn't make sense
5 very difficult
6 no
7 no, you'd need a pair of pliers [/quote]

Are you speaking from experience? do you have it?
not sure if you're being sarcastic or no, to be honest.
if the die can last 2 minutes on before being drained out, then its far from being worth 150$
very difficult, how does one change the vibration strength?
pliers? really? the video shows a slide onoff feature, its very quick and didn't emphasize it but it seemed QUITE SIMPLE to be frank.

so therefore, ill ask again as its unclear, do you own this? it came out 1 day ago, and your answers are very cryptic and seems not so real.
Probably best to discuss in Inner Thoughts.Too much exposure going on here for my liking.

My answers were deliberate, to mislead the curious.
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
Have you asked Marc? [/quote]

I emailed Marc Antoine to ask why I was being asked to pay twice as much for his Thumper vs. brand new buyers of his Mental Dice. Marcís response was, basically, sorry... pay that price or donít buy it. So, I didnít buy it. A friend of mine reached out to Marc Antoine too, he got the same type of reply.

Mark [/quote]

Says a lot about his Customer Service !
To defend Marc his English is not great so answers may not be worded correctly or how he meant them to come across.

All the information is there for his thumper if only people will read and look. We get so many questions on products when the answer is there in the video or ad copy. We see it all the time on the Cafť - How does this differ from ........ The person just needs to look and they will see how., but for some itís easier to ask than bother to read and watch a video.

His thumper does way more than just thump which is why it is more expensive.
Murphy's claims "rights" to the Anverdi Line but they aren't producing HIS Mental Die. Anverdi was no doubt ahead of his time in terms of utilizing tech in magic but his original Mental Die is a glorified prop trick. It used a JUMBO DIE placed INSIDE A BOX - there's no denying that an intelligent audience would view it as a MAGIC TRICK. Murphy's can't even argue that the plot/premise is unique to Anverdi because the concept of secretly learning the number on a die predates him.

Craig at PM was, to the best of my knowledge, the first to push the idea into the "real world" by producing a piece of kit that:

1) Didn't require a box or any other extraneous props
2) Used a normal looking die that could be handled as such
3) Combined the idea with a th***** so that the performer obtained the information without ANY visible means of communication

Those are SIGNIFICANT innovations!!!

Craig had the good sense to price his product high so that it didn't saturate the market. He also respected magic enough not to parade an exposure video all over the internet.

Murphy's isn't selling "Anverdi's Mental Die" - they are selling Craig's product. They are also destroying secrets in the name of sales.

I am constantly saddened by how often the "magic community" cannibalizes the potential to preserve magic/mystery for our audiences - not to mention the theft and unethical behavior that runs so rampant.

Drew
I would think that Murphy's 'rights' (for which I understand they paid his estate) extend only as far as (1) their exclusive right to use Anverdi's name on any product, and (2) their exclusive right to re-release of any of Anverdi's original effects (which Mental Dice is clearly not).

Mike
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, amirb401 wrote:
Would love if anyone who got the product (or has the regular Mental dice) Could help out and say what he thinks about the product itself ^^

Not wanting to spend 1k$ on PM Dice, and really don't need 3 dices, this seems like the best solution for me at last.
1 chargeable dice, thumper, low price tag for such a routine.

Looking to get some opinions on the product itself. thanks! [/quote]

I own the 3 dice set of Anverdi Mental Dice and the first design of Marc Antoineís Mental Dice. The Anverdi Mental Dice is, by far, my favorite. The Anverdi dice are rechargeable, have SIGNIFICANTLY longer range, have a quick & easy sleep function that allows you to carry the dice and receiver in your pocket all day long, yet, are instantly ready to go with a quick press of a single button, and come with a receiver that is so small and compact that you can palm it with ease.

The only advantage of Antoineí dice is they are larger. But, their size also makes them a little suspicious. The Anverdi Mental Dice are the size of dice youíd get with a board game, They look completely ďnormalĒ.

Itís really no contest. The Anverdi Mental Dice are the superior product.

Mark
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Saturn UK wrote:
To defend Marc his English is not great so answers may not be worded correctly or how he meant them to come across.

All the information is there for his thumper if only people will read and look. We get so many questions on products when the answer is there in the video or ad copy. We see it all the time on the Cafť - How does this differ from ........ The person just needs to look and they will see how., but for some itís easier to ask than bother to read and watch a video.

His thumper does way more than just thump which is why it is more expensive. [/quote]

My gripe is that the Antoine Thumper is even MORE expensive if you paid $429 for Antoine Mental DIce. If you buy Antoine Mental Dice now, for $299, you can get the Antoine Thumper for HALF the price. So, in a nutshell, Antoine extended his middle finger to those that supported him first.

Mark
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Doric wrote:
Probably best to discuss in Inner Thoughts.Too much exposure going on here for my liking.

My answers were deliberate, to mislead the curious. [/quote]
Thanks ! :)
Had to make sure I'm not delusional ... was pretty sure it were but had to make sure its not real answer yet just short-wrote haha

Will see if there's any discussion on it in Inner Thoughts, Though I do believe most of my questions were fairly technical and general and weren't to reveal anything too secretive.
I have recently got my self a set of Mental Dice and iam more than delighted with it. I am a hobbyist so show my magic to family and friends etc, with audiences more savvy and Tech aware you need to be more creative in the way you perform your effects. I like the idea of adding a Thumper to my set as it obviously adds another dimension to what you can do ( Blindfolded ) In the add description it says the Thumper can read the 3 dice set, does this mean it can read all 3 dice at a time, and if so would the vibrations be a bit overwhelming to remember or does it mean you can tell just one die colour and number.

Tom.
Complain complain complain. Most of you guys are never happy. No mater what anybody does. This is why most of the world is the way it is. To bad. Iím out. Nice knowing you. Well at least some of you.
These fancy video trailers never make their way into the public eye. Trust me...

[youtube]N-KfnfaJMdw[/youtube]

This video has over 5 million views, the official trailer from Ellusionist never broke 900,000.

Before you rush out to purchase Mental Dice you may want to search for complaints on reliability issues, it won't take long.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Michael Daniels wrote:
I would think that Murphy's 'rights' (for which I understand they paid his estate) extend only as far as (1) their exclusive right to use Anverdi's name on any product, and (2) their exclusive right to re-release of any of Anverdi's original effects (which Mental Dice is clearly not).

Mike [/quote]

What Murphyís purchased the rights to (in addition to his name) is Anverdiís IDEAS. And among Anverdiís ideas was a way to know which side of a die was facing up utilizing electronics.

I canít wait for Murphyís to release its Anverdi Color Match. At one point, ProMysticís website credited Anverdi as the original creator of Color Match (the reference has since been removed). Murphyís purchased the rights to Color Match and all of Anverdiís other ideas in September 2010. Instead of trying to assert its rights to the Anverdi ideas, Murphyís let other companies market products based on those ideas. Now, here comes Murphyís with its own products based on those ideas and some people have their panties in a wad.

IMHO, the magic community owes Murphyís a debt of gratitude for allowing creativity to flourish and not trying to stop other companies from marketing products based on Anverdiís ideas. If the release of a Murphyís Anverdi product causes those other companies to lose sales, its those other companiesí job to improve their product, lower its price, or both, to make their product more desirable than the Murphyís release.

Mark
When names like Michael Weber, Max Maven, Chris Kenner, Asi Wind, Banachek, Ross Johnson, Eric Mead, and many, many others have aligned themselves with Promystic then you know that Craig Filicetti must be doing something right...
According to 'paw' (Sept 18th), the original plan was to release the thumper alone at a cost of $149.95 (which in the UK means circa £140 because we always have to pay more over here). However, after much thought, it was decided to throw in the die and charger as freebies. Hmm, really? Three Mental Dice, a reader and a charger retail in the UK at prices up to £323.50. I don't know what the 'reader would cost - lets say £140, like the thumper? On that basis, and admittedly at its most expensive, one third of the remaining package, one die and a one third size charger would be worth over £60. Are these items really being given away free of charge in a £140 sale? That, we are told, is the reason we cannot buy the thumper alone for a reduced price. The bottom line is, of course, that people can charge what they like for their products but they should not be surprised if they spark some cynicism with statements like the one above. Clearly, the die and charger were included in the 'Official Mental Die' package not as a free goodwill gesture but to extend sales beyond those who already own Mental Dice.
Hello MR Effecto, I have been a browser for many years and have only just started to to post to the forum as you can see from my post list. I agree with you that there does seem to be a lot of complaining and negativity on the site, of course we are all allowed are own opinions and thoughts on any given release but the vast majority of people who come to this forum just want a a discussion on weather a trick is worth buying or not. I very really buy a new release before checking the forums reviews and thoughts, but when those reviews drift away from weather I should or not because of the trick having some some sort of history, ( Copycat Plagiarism etc ) this leaves me cold, I will buy a trick because I want it, I can afford it, and I have an audience for it. I no my comments my leave a bitter taste in some mouths but I love my hobby and just want to no if something is worth buying,. So finally MR EFFECTO I see you have a large number of post, I do not no what you have posted but any member with that amount of post must have value to this forum, so reconsider about leaving the forum and no that more people feel the ways you do as do not.

Tom.
Tom, with all due respect to you (and anyone who feels similarly), may I humbly suggest that if you genuinely love your hobby, you owe it to magic to care more about a product than merely because you "want it... can afford it... and have an audience for it." Just because you "can" doesn't mean that you should.

Please don't interpret my comments as a red-faced personal attack - I sincerely hope that you can think more deeply about the greater good of the art/craft :)

Simply put, without Craig's innovation (on Anverdi's extremely basic idea) there wouldn't the current incarnation of "Anverdi's Mental Die." Supporting releases like this means that all of us, hobbyists and professionals alike, will find it increasingly less likely that innovators will contribute their ideas to the marketplace.

I have contacted my preferred retailers along with the entire Murphy's Magic team in support of Craig and urge anyone else who takes issue with this release to do the same. With enough energy and effort, maybe the big retailers will take a stand and we can see some positive change in the market.

Here's hoping!!!
I agree with many of the posters above.

This release of this product is a disgusting example of plagiarism and an outright theft of ideas.
Have been looking at these sets/single version. Confusion comes in as both are from persons with "An" last names. So can someone clarify, to verify that my notes are correct?
Antoine set (three) has a screen and app. Thumper is optional, but only reads one die. What is the measurement of the die?
Anverdi set (three) has a screen and NO app nor thumper. What is the measurement of the die?
Anverdi DIE (single) has a newer thumper and NO app nor screen.

Whew, did I get it right?
I know the history, just want product info on what I mentioned above.
Any spec with half a brain cell will know that modern tech is at play here, and theyíll very easily confirm that via a web search. Itís embarrassing really. Itís a tacky gadget at best.
Hi Drew, I am sorry for the way I have worded my last post ( Want itÖcan afford itÖaudience for it ) does sound very cold. I make no money from my magic as I sad I am a hobbyist, So when I want something that is quite expensive I have to save for it some cases many weeks, itís very difficult for many of us on the forum to understand the politics surrounding some releases when you just want to have the thing in you hands. I do understand the points you make, and I do support the creators, I do love my magic, lastly Drew I do not take you comments as a personal attack, to me this is what the forum is about, as long as we keep are chat to each other civil, helpful, informative,
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, TomTom59 wrote:
Hello MR Effecto, I have been a browser for many years and have only just started to to post to the forum as you can see from my post list. I agree with you that there does seem to be a lot of complaining and negativity on the site, of course we are all allowed are own opinions and thoughts on any given release but the vast majority of people who come to this forum just want a a discussion on weather a trick is worth buying or not. I very really buy a new release before checking the forums reviews and thoughts, but when those reviews drift away from weather I should or not because of the trick having some some sort of history, ( Copycat Plagiarism etc ) this leaves me cold, I will buy a trick because I want it, I can afford it, and I have an audience for it. I no my comments my leave a bitter taste in some mouths but I love my hobby and just want to no if something is worth buying,. So finally MR EFFECTO I see you have a large number of post, I do not no what you have posted but any member with that amount of post must have value to this forum, so reconsider about leaving the forum and no that more people feel the ways you do as do not.

Tom. [/quote]

I second motion to NOT let Mr. Effecto leave the Cafť!
Tom - consider this a virtual (germ-free) handshake of good-will ;) Actually... why not - a virtual hug (the world needs more of those)!

Having been in magic for a few decades now I've come to appreciate the idea of "earning a secret." I performed professionally for about a year, saving a little from each show, in order to purchase a superior (and innovative) tool from Craig. There's value in certain items not becoming ubiquitous and devalued.

I've not shared my thoughts in this thread because I feel upset by seeing a copy-cat product enter the market for a tenth of the cost that I spent on it several years ago. I understand that technology becomes cheaper as time goes on (not to mention economies of scale). I'm posting because this is yet another case of the systemic degradation of propriety within the magic community - this time perpetrated by the biggest "magic producer" in the world. Awareness needs to be raised.

This isn't a question of "politics" - right is right.

Best wishes,

Drew
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, magicmind wrote:
Have been looking at these sets/single version. Confusion comes in as both are from persons with "An" last names. So can someone clarify, to verify that my notes are correct?
Antoine set (three) has a screen and app. Thumper is optional, but only reads one die. What is the measurement of the die?
Anverdi set (three) has a screen and NO app nor thumper. What is the measurement of the die?

I know the history, just want product info on what I mentioned above. [/quote]

Your description of the Antoine set is incorrect. I do not have time to give you a full description of all the options available here but they are in the ad copy etc.
Iím not referring to options Iím referring to buying it out right without add-ons what it comes with. Can anyone clarify for me what I asked above? Sizes etc.
How do you get Antoineís version with the app? Iíd only want this for the app.

As for the theft issue, I love promystic and own five of their effects but as a lawyer, if Murphys owns the rights to the anverdi line, they are in the clear here.

In general, I agree with pegasus that I donít find the die version particularly entertaining. I have a few color cube variations, including the promystic version, and like it much better. Just looks like a cheap cube youíd get in a kidís magic set and thatís actually the way I describe it. But I would use the three dice version with the app. I like the emailed prediction aspect.
I think it you order from his website it works with his app, voila and soon a lot of others. But you should check first
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Saturn UK wrote:
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, magicmind wrote:

I know the history, just want product info on what I mentioned above. [/quote]

Your description of the Antoine set is incorrect. I do not have time to give you a full description of all the options available here but they are in the ad copy etc. [/quote]
Lazy! ;)
Craig`s (Promystic) dice never let me down, never ever, I have it since years. I paid a lot - I got a lot. I fully stand behind Craig`s product and will not buy ANY cheaper whatever.
Thank you Craig for your high quality products. I hope the cheapies will vanish soon... (I heard many awful stories from other versions on the market) T
Brainman I agree with you 100%

I have never had a problem with any of Craig's products and he pours his heart and soul into his work and customer service.
I will never buy a cheap knock off where the company clearly doesn't value the integrity of keeping the secret off the web and plastering it around.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, DrewBstoss wrote:
Murphy's claims "rights" to the Anverdi Line but they aren't producing HIS Mental Die. Anverdi was no doubt ahead of his time in terms of utilizing tech in magic but his original Mental Die is a glorified prop trick. It used a JUMBO DIE placed INSIDE A BOX - there's no denying that an intelligent audience would view it as a MAGIC TRICK. Murphy's can't even argue that the plot/premise is unique to Anverdi because the concept of secretly learning the number on a die predates him.

Craig at PM was, to the best of my knowledge, the first to push the idea into the "real world" by producing a piece of kit that:

1) Didn't require a box or any other extraneous props
2) Used a normal looking die that could be handled as such
3) Combined the idea with a th***** so that the performer obtained the information without ANY visible means of communication

Those are SIGNIFICANT innovations!!!

Craig had the good sense to price his product high so that it didn't saturate the market. He also respected magic enough not to parade an exposure video all over the internet.

Murphy's isn't selling "Anverdi's Mental Die" - they are selling Craig's product. They are also destroying secrets in the name of sales.

I am constantly saddened by how often the "magic community" cannibalizes the potential to preserve magic/mystery for our audiences - not to mention the theft and unethical behavior that runs so rampant.

Drew [/quote]

This. All of this. I could not have said it better. Drew is spot on. This is theft, plain and simple, and rampant exposure. Nobody hurts magic more than magicians. There was a time when we preserved secrets (though hardly ever a time when performers didn't steal from one another), but not anymore. Magicians (though I hesitate to use that word to describe them) seem to get more pleasure out of showing off how many secrets they know on YouTube than actually respecting their craft and striving to better it.

This is a massive affront to Craig, and no one should give their money to it. But, magicians just want cheap secrets these days, despite the fact that the very marketing Murphy's is doing renders their new toy practically useless.
This is great going to order soon glad I waited cause I really didn't need the 3 dice for 295.00 ! the black is nice but may not look common to a lay person.
I will probably go with the white dice . Anyone have any thoughts on what color dice they would go with ?

thanks,
Tophatter
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, tophatter wrote:
This is great going to order soon glad I waited cause I really didn't need the 3 dice for 295.00 ! the black is nice but may not look common to a lay person.
I will probably go with the white dice . Anyone have any thoughts on what color dice they would go with ?

thanks,
Tophatter [/quote]

I agree and chose the white
Thanks for your opinion that's what I thought but the black looks sooo good !!
Where I'm from both colors are common so wouldn't raise suspicion. However, I favor white tophatter as traditional dice were ivory. It's one of those decisions you have to go on your gut feeling. Either would be fine though. (hmmm, took an each way bet answering your question mate LOL)
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
I think it you order from his website it works with his app, voila and soon a lot of others. But you should check first [/quote]

To use the Antoine app you must purchase the Antoine Thumper. The Antoine app will not work with the Antoine digital display receiver.

Mark
Thanks for your input I went with the white Order is In !
I prefer black for three reasons:
1. Many people (laymen) will own GoDice in the future. They are white and they look identical to Anverdi's. Go Dice are not black, so people won't make the connection.
2. I already own a white, blue and red
3. There are amazing presentations to be had by having one black and one white die
[quote]On Sep 20, 2020, Doric wrote:
I prefer black for three reasons:
1. Many people (laymen) will own GoDice in the future. They are white and they look identical to Anverdi's. Go Dice are not black, so people won't make the connection.
2. I already own a white, blue and red
3. There are amazing presentations to be had by having one black and one white die [/quote]

Good points!
Dice that come with Monopoly: White
Dice that come with Yahtzee: White
Dice that come with a jillion other board games: White

A small white die is about as ubiquitous as an item can be. A black die, not so much.

Mark
If you already have a white die with 'Mental Dice', would you really need another? The black would allow greater variety.
White dots on a black die are more visible for me...I got that From Timon Krause
[quote]On Sep 20, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Dice that come with Monopoly: White
Dice that come with Yahtzee: White
Dice that come with a jillion other board games: White

A small white die is about as ubiquitous as an item can be. A black die, not so much.

Mark [/quote]
Black Dice Matter! 😁

thanks,
Tophatter [/quote]

I ordered the white, although I must admit that after reading this thread, I feel a bit guilty about the whole 'theft' thing...
I will have a white and black (with receivers) delivered on Tuesday. I also have the Anverdi 3 Dice Set.

I will report back how the receivers interact with the Anverdi 3 Dice Set and the black and white. Iím curious.
I just ordered the white dice from Penguin magic really looking foward to this !
Everyone, Iím very happy with my black and white Anverdi Dice I received today. Everything pairs fine with the 3-Dice set also. A real winner.
[quote]On Sep 20, 2020, FredNarlo wrote:
I will have a white and black (with receivers) delivered on Tuesday. I also have the Anverdi 3 Dice Set.

I will report back how the receivers interact with the Anverdi 3 Dice Set and the black and white. Iím curious. [/quote]

Hi FredNarlo.

I have a question, 'cause I am a bit confused.

I understand you alreay had 3 dice set. So, why did you buy both black and white this time? You had a white die already?

Am I missing something?
Maybe he has a lot of money to spend I don't get it either if you want all the colors available you only needed to buy the black one.
I have a real die from Promystic that I bought in 2010 from Craig that still works flawlessly and has never needed charging ( it canít be charged only the thumper can ) . It cost me £500 back then and itís the best single investment I have ever made in magic . Itís a work horse and I think itís something definitely worth having in your arsenal . These ones seem terrific value I must say Gaz 🙂
Anyone know the size difference of the die between Promystic and Anverdi?
According to my ruler the Promystic die is a tad smaller (by about half a millimetre across)
Should have specified, I'm talking about the Promystic RDR.
Does anybody know / or has tested if the Anverdi thumper can be used to pick up signals from the Picasso app?
RD Standard 19mm
RD Rechargeable 16mm
Mental Die 15.8mm
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, godan65 wrote:
Does anybody know / or has tested if the Anverdi thumper can be used to pick up signals from the Picasso app? [/quote]

I wouldnít thinks so
Received my unit yesterday. Great instructional video along with some great ideas and routines. Works flawlessly and is super easy to use. Now, I have never been a big fan of using electronics in gigs (especially for mentalism routines) but I will be using this. Seeing the simplicity of this really encourages me to want to purchase Mental Dice to get the other colors and unit. But just don't have the cash right now due to gigs being so sparse along with my boys hockey season being in full gear so I will have to wait. I feel there are many situations I can use this for to compliment other mental routines I do that will really put an exclamation point at the end of the routine. I hope this is durable, that is my only concern and obviously won't know this until it has been driven for a while.

All in all, really like this a lot!

RNK
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
RD Standard 19mm
RD Rechargeable 16mm
Mental Die 15.8mm [/quote]
I don't know about manufacturing tolerances but my RDR is definitely smaller than the Mental Die. Perhaps someone else could do a physical comparison?
Excited this works with the 3 die anverdi set, ordered a black version right away
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
RD Standard 19mm
RD Rechargeable 16mm
Mental Die 15.8mm [/quote]
I don't know about manufacturing tolerances but my RDR is definitely smaller than the Mental Die. Perhaps someone else could do a physical comparison? [/quote]

I gathered the sizes from the Promystic site.
I agree that according to the Mental Dice 'script', each die is 15.8mm. However, I've double checked and mine is over 16mm. I'm sure it does'nt matter in the great scheme of things. So I'll just shut up now.
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
Excited this works with the 3 die anverdi set, ordered a black version right away [/quote]

Seems like using a thumper with the 3 dice set is a step backwards to me.
People are thinking itís cool just because itís something new. Itís just marketing hype IMO.

Once the newness has worn off and theyíve gotten the results wrong a bunch of times theyíll be back to using the visual display.
Itís funny, because if people had been using a thumper for all 3 dice and they then released a visual display folks would be over the moon gushing as to what an improvement the display is.

Now let me be clear however, that using a thumper with ONLY A SINGLE die is definitely a useful tool and I can certainly see a need for that. But for more than one...nah. Because in that case itís not solving a problem, itís creating one.
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
Excited this works with the 3 die anverdi set, ordered a black version right away [/quote]

Seems like using a thumper with the 3 dice set is a step backwards to me.
People are thinking itís cool just because itís something new. Itís just marketing hype IMO.

Once the newness has worn off and theyíve gotten the results wrong a bunch of times theyíll be back to using the visual display.
Itís funny, because if people had been using a thumper for all 3 dice and they then released a visual display folks would be over the moon gushing as to what an improvement the display is.

Now let me be clear however, that using a thumper with ONLY A SINGLE die is definitely a useful tool and I can certainly see a need for that. But for more than one...nah. Because in that case itís not solving a problem, itís creating one. [/quote]

I completely agree. What was most appealing about the Anverdi set of three is the visual monitor because you had more control over how fast or slow you could do each reveal because you didn't have to wait and count 'thumps'. But for a single die in play, I absolutely agree that a thumper is the best way to go.
If you are using the Thumper for the 3 colored die then you can simply have them roll one dice at a time if you don't want to wait. Just a thought....
[youtube]jxkI49tRUqI[/youtube]
Reference David's 'magic review', the advantage for me is (as described in the ad copy) the adjustable vibration levels available.
Does no one care about ProMystic and Craig Filicetti?
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, RNK wrote:
If you are using the Thumper for the 3 colored die then you can simply have them roll one dice at a time if you don't want to wait. Just a thought.... [/quote]

Not sure what you mean by ďif you donít want to waitĒ. Arenít they required to roll one at a time?

Rather than using the 3 colored dice with the thumper I think itís better to just use a single die and pass it around or have it rolled repeatedly.
Yes I agree Bill , I have one die and the thumper is fantastic for just the one . I am a massive Promystic fan but to clear things up I have had the original of Craigís for over 10 years but there were definitely others out before his and I considered a JB Magic one before Craigís was even released Gaz 😊
I am a great fan of Craig's and have a number of his products, including RDR, but competition brings innovation and perhaps we shall see Craig pinching this idea of adjustable vibration levels?
Marc Antoine was the first to bring something really new with his thumper ďcodedĒ technology. His is way better than any others out there when it comes to dice or colored cubes.

Cobra Magic has added some really smart thinking with coded technology with their Super Chip Full Set.
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
I am a great fan of Craig's and have a number of his products, including RDR, but competition brings innovation and perhaps we shall see Craig pinching this idea of adjustable vibration levels? [/quote]

This is not competition, this is theft.

David in his magic review admits what Murphy's has released is not Anverdi's Die. Murphy's has done nothing but copy Craig's innovations. In all the years that Craig has been selling his products nobody has ever asked for an adjustable receiver, it's a useless gimmick to pass off a cheap imitation as something innovative.

Craig will not pinch anything, he has no interest in and no need for imitating others.
At the end of the day my real die from Craig has never ever failed me in 1000ís of performances so I honestly do not see how that can be bettered . The thumper is very strong
(I have in it my sock ) yet undetectable by your audience ie cannot be heard so I wouldnít wish for anymore . There are so many things you can use it for , I have had stooges cuing me with it for 1 in 6 smash and stabs and all sorts itís so reliable and only limited by your imagination . I honestly donít think it can be surpassed imo Gaz 🙂 ps I agree this sounds great value as a back up as Craig doesnít make the original ones like have anymore anyhow
To Mac_Stone as much as I love Craigís stuff he wasnít the first with this technology . I would really want to say he was but the truth is he wasnít Gaz 🙂 Ps he is probably the best though imo
Anverdi's Mental Die & Dice exposed on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxXa27gHaM
If you are using the Thumper for the 3 colored die then you can simply have them roll one dice at a time if you don't want to wait. Just a thought.... [/quote]

Not sure what you mean by ďif you donít want to waitĒ. Arenít they required to roll one at a time?

Rather than using the 3 colored dice with the thumper I think itís better to just use a single die and pass it around or have it rolled repeatedly. [/quote]

The spectator can roll all three colored dice one time using the thumper that comes with the mental die. You do not have to roll them one at a time using this thumper.
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, Mac_Stone wrote:
In all the years that Craig has been selling his products nobody has ever asked for an adjustable receiver, it's a useless gimmick to pass off a cheap imitation as something innovative.

Craig will not pinch anything, he has no interest in and no need for imitating others. [/quote]

Sorry man, but that is just bunk. And you know that there has NEVER been a request for an adjustable receiver, how?

Hugo Shelley has been offering an app with the ability to adjust settings such as thumper intensity for quite some time. Marc Antoine's app adjusts these settings too. Marc's will also convey the information so much faster and with a much decreased chance of the performer getting it wrong.

Craig is a great guy who releases great products but innovation is rarely a bad thing. If Craig would have added an adjustable receiver you would probably be praising its usefulness. Gaz says that Craig simply took an existing product and improved it, not created it. I donít know if thatís true but it certainly points out that maybe we donít have all the facts. It could possibly explain why Craig seems to be silent on this. I suspect that your feeling that this is unfair to Craig comprises about 10% of why youíre upset, and the other 90% is because you spent 10 times as much for the same effect and along with that came a lot more exclusivity, which are perfectly valid reasons to be upset about the release of this product.

The spectator can roll all three colored dice one time using the thumper that comes with the mental die. You do not have to roll them one at a time using this thumper. [/quote]

Oh, ok, I see what youíre saying.
Boy, you better hope that all 3 donít roll high numbers or you better be highly skilled at secretly counting in your head (and accurately!) while still talking and engaging the audience. God forbid that you want to confirm the numbers by going through the sequence a second time. 😃

This a a good example of how Marc Antoine's thumper strategy would make it so much faster and easier.
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, KC Cameron wrote:
Anverdi's Mental Die & Dice exposed on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxXa27gHaM [/quote]

And that is why murphys ultra revealing trailers are bad.
Actually videoman the problem, as KC Cameron has already pointed out, is that Murphy's flat out exposes these products in their own promotional material and floods the internet with it. What was once an exclusive underground secret is now a novelty that's only one google search away.

The pillars of modern mentalism have all aligned themselves with Craig and not the cheap imitations.
Exactly and that video has 370K views
I am 100% correct on this and as much as I love Craig and Promystic he never invented the electronic die with a Thumper itís a fact . I went to Blackpool to buy another version that had around a while and found Craig there selling his better one and I bought it Gaz 🙂
Craig is keeping his new release The O********* very private. It's a brand new principle for a well used mentalism 'device'. He has invested millions of dollars over the last 12 years to bring innovative products to the community and is taking a new approach to protect his secrets from the world. It's a mature response to the current situation.
Millions of dollars thatís absolute rubbish and completely made up figures . The market isnít there for it , as itís only a few of us ie a very small percentage including me who pay the money for his products . Everyone else waits for the cheaper versions later down the line Gaz 🙂
The sealed electronic die, used with a thumper, was first invented and brought to the magic market by Craig. That is the new product that was created. The concept of a die design of some sort with signaling was not even created by Anverdi, but well before that. Even if Murphyís does have the rights to the Anverdi line, it doesnít have the moral or ethical rights to sell the sealed die with a thumper, as those were incredible improvements first created by Craig. Compare the two products side by side, and it is easy to see that they arenít even close. People who buy the Anverdi dice produced by Murphyís show no respect for the ethics of magic or respect for intellectual property. For them, it is all about the dollars, and the arguments they use to justify their actions are just to assuage their own consciences and convince themselves that they are not just being cheap scavengers.

The spectator can roll all three colored dice one time using the thumper that comes with the mental die. You do not have to roll them one at a time using this thumper. [/quote]

Oh, ok, I see what youíre saying.
Boy, you better hope that all 3 donít roll high numbers or you better be highly skilled at secretly counting in your head (and accurately!) while still talking and engaging the audience. God forbid that you want to confirm the numbers by going through the sequence a second time. 😃

This a a good example of how Marc Antoine's thumper strategy would make it so much faster and easier. [/quote]

Honestly I do not see it being a problem if they did. This thumper is good and fast. Also, more than likely you are doing this effect as a mental effect, there is plenty of time because obviously you don't want to reveal it right away.
Jonnyboy youíre are wrong and I will find the names of infact the 2 I had seen and viewed before Craigís ever existed . There are threads on here naming before too so you are wrong there . Mark Masons was a wooden die with a thumper but Mark didnít create it Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Millions of dollars thatís absolute rubbish and completely made up figures . The market isnít there for it , as itís only a few of us ie a very small percentage including me who pay the money for his products . Everyone else waits for the cheaper versions later down the line Gaz 🙂 [/quote]
Those were Craig's words on his latest video. Are you calling him a liar?
Note that I said sealed die with a thumper. No one has ever claimed they had this before Craigís. It would be interesting to learn of any preexisting ones. I doubt that to be the case, as otherwise, Craigís would not have exploded in popularity as it did.
[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, jonnyboy wrote:
I doubt that to be the case, as otherwise, Craigís would not have exploded in popularity as it did. [/quote]

As I've said, there's a reason people like Michael Weber swear by Craig and his products. So much so in fact that Weber has literally attached his name with Craig's as part of Promystic's Master Mentalism Summit where the very best of the best come to share the most valuable inner secrets of mentalism.

Michael does not take secrets lightly, his trust in Craig and Promystic is very telling and frankly that's more than enough endorsement for me.
When I read this thread I see a lot of assumptions, misinformation and rationalization. As someone who cherishes magic - it really saddens me.

[quote]On Sep 23, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Millions of dollars thatís absolute rubbish and completely made up figures . The market isnít there for it , as itís only a few of us ie a very small percentage including me who pay the money for his products . Everyone else waits for the cheaper versions later down the line Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

Context is important, Craig said that dollar amount in relation to R&D for his product line OVER THE LAST TWELVE YEARS - so no, it's not "rubbish."

The mention that "everyone else waits for the cheaper versions later down the line" simply highlights the problem at the heart of all this. [b]MAGIC CONSUMERS HAVE CREATED THIS PROBLEM BY ENCOURAGING UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.[/b]

There is a difference between TRUE innovation/advancement and unethically appropriating someone else's intellectual property. A "coded th******" might be nice, but it's not an innovation that gives someone the right to release it along with additional kit that copies nearly everything from an existing product.

The vast amounts of money that Craig, and other genuine innovators, spend in R&D is an expense you can bypass if you're simply stealing product ideas. Within bigger industries, companies protect their IP with patents etc. and take legal action against those who attempt to profit from imitation products. Gaz, you are correct in saying that the magic market is fairly small, therefore its difficult and costly for inventors to take the same measures.

Listen, you can try to justify this product all you want, but at the end of the day you're supporting theft.

If you still oppose that reality, I challenge you to devote the hours, money and energy required to create a unique product and then bringing it to market. Let me know how you feel when you then see your work not only stolen (impacting your own sales) but also flogged over the internet (impacting the ability of all your customers to feel comfortable using your product in a google-happy society).

For those wondering why Craig hasn't joined in on the fun, he's been swamped by the logistics of a new product launch. I've been in contact with him though and have learned even more of the backstory regarding Murphy's "Anverdi Line" and can tell you - the facts are even more incriminating against Murphy's than I first thought.

More details to come.

Best wishes,

Drew
Murphy's got away with Mental Dice because people demonstrated they had no moral or ethical standing.
Now they have made Mental Die knowing perfectly well, only a handful of people will care they are stealing.

Just put yourself in either Marc Antoine's or Craig's shoes and imagine how you would feel.

I don't know what is next but this could be the beginning of the end for independent creators.
I am not trying to justify these others I actually swear by Craigís stuff and buy nearly all of it . Plus his customer service is second to none . I was just saying millions of dollars is an over exaggeration imho , and also that there was other versions of a solid die with a thumper before Craigís die . Regards Gaz 🙂
My Anverdi Mental Die (White) arrived today. Everything from the parts to the packaging is first rate. Even the inductive charging unit is nicely designed.

I haven't paired the Thumper with my 3-dice set of Mental Dice yet (they are buried in a box while I remodel my den). But I did watch the instructional video and now understand how the Thumper differentiates between the 3 dice. Clever.

I've played around with the white die (that came with the Thumper) and I'm quite pleased with the speed and efficiency. The Thumper is so small it would be easy to palm it.

Another quality product in Murphy's Anverdi line. Bravo!

Mark
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, Harry Patter wrote:
Murphy's got away with Mental Dice because people demonstrated they had no moral or ethical standing.
Now they have made Mental Die knowing perfectly well, only a handful of people will care they are stealing.

Just put yourself in either Marc Antoine's or Craig's shoes and imagine how you would feel.

I don't know what is next but this could be the beginning of the end for independent creators. [/quote]
Color Match is next according to a recent product update.
Intelligent people know whos 'line' this actually is.
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, Doric wrote:

I don't know what is next but this could be the beginning of the end for independent creators. [/quote]
Color Match is next according to a recent product update. [/quote]

What do you mean Doric? Which product? 😧 This Anverdi line thing really get on my nerves!
Anverdi's Mental Die & Dice exposed on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxXa27gHaM [/quote]

We can identify the following problems here:

A. The blatantly revealing product trailers!
This guy just need to show Marc Antoines product trailer! 🤦‍♂️
The trailers by Murphys are no exception.

B. That so called ďprofessionalsď like Lior Suchard use publicly available magic shop products and presentations. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
These guys (also attendees of Talent Shows) should use creative, unique and foremost their own stuff!
Do not attend a Talent show or TV show if you donít have own material or at least unique bullet proof presentations.

C. Google unfortunately matters. Be aware of what you share on the Internet!
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, ArtIn wrote:

Color Match is next according to a recent product update. [/quote]

What do you mean Doric? Which product? 😧 This Anverdi line thing really get on my nerves! [/quote]
Here you go chief, Color Match is first on the list of products coming soon.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/anverdi_products/
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, ArtIn wrote:

We can identify the following problems here:

A. The blatantly revealing product trailers!
This guy just need to show Marc Antoines product trailer! 🤦‍♂️
The trailers by Murphys are no exception.

B. That so called ďprofessionalsď like Lior Suchard use publicly available magic shop products and presentations. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
These guys (also attendees of Talent Shows) should use creative, unique and foremost their own stuff!
Do not attend a Talent show or TV show if you donít have own material or at least unique bullet proof presentations.

C. Google unfortunately matters. Be aware of what you share on the Internet! [/quote]
This is all good stuff but point B, about 'so called professionals' is a little harsh. I have seen Dynamo and even the great Derren Brown use magic shop productions
One problem I see is that we tend to be selective in who and what products we complain about when it comes to originality or the "rights" to produce and sell. Certain people can outright blatantly copy and steal others work and get away with it because everyone likes them, while others get crucified. It has been this way for years. Most would be surprised at just how many effects they perform are a rip off of someone else's hard work.
Could not agree more. Like everything else lately, it is all politics. As long as you are part of the In crowd, your followers will back you in any fight, especially when you are wrong. Let me or you release a Ďsimilarí effect and it becomes time to get out the wood & nails.
Gaz, in hindsight my use of pronouns was a bit ambiguous. I was using the "royal you" referring to anyone who IS trying to justify/condone this product. You have said a few times that a solid die with th***** was available before Craig's - it would be great if you can supply specifics. Electronic dice predate Anverdi (no doubt a fact that Murphy's wishes were untrue) and th***** have been around for ages, but it seems clear to me that Craig's product was the first of ITS kind.

Rowdymagi5, you are correct in that this is a MUCH larger issue. That's why proper crediting and permissions should be at the top of the list for every magic producer AND expected by every magic consumer.

Rizzo, I can only speak for myself here, but it isn't a case of "politics" or being part of the "in crowd." I will defend anyone who falls victim to IP theft. But yes, before you (or anyone else) release(s) a "similar" effect, it's your responsibility to do the research and ask for permissions. Speaking directly about Murphy's "Anverdi Mental Die" though - it's not "similar" - it's nearly IDENTICAL to Craig's.

Best wishes,

Drew
I recieved mine today. Very beautyfull! But he didn't talk about how to turn the dice off. I watched the instrucrions twice.
Or is it exactly like the 3 dice set?Turn the Thumper off and wait 20 seconds?
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, Puzzlemaker wrote:
I recieved mine today. Very beautyfull! But he didn't talk about how to turn the dice off. I watched the instrucrions twice. [/quote]

I have been wondering the same thing. It may be different from Mental Dice because the t*****r has both an on-off switch and an activate/sleep button. There doesn't seem to be a facebook group for MD users.

Mike
I don't believe you have to turn off the die.
Yeah you don't, just turn off the thumper.
I agree with Drew. This is clearly a direct copy of Craig's invention. A fully sealed, normal die that does not go into a box and is send to a thumper is the basis of Craig's addition (and a huge leap forward) to the original principle. This is Murphys, yet again, caring more about profits over ethics and the knowledge of these devices being in the public domain. Money talks and clearly the magic community at large, mostly made of of non performers have voted with their dollars and given Murphys the power.

Not just the dice products.
Always amazes me that magicians think laymen have no idea how many of the tricks are done when it's only a 'google' away.
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, reignofsound wrote:

Always amazes me that magicians think laymen have no idea how many of the tricks are done when it's only a 'google' away. [/quote]
Here's a piece of advice worth $1000s. Don't make the die the focus of the routine. Use it like a peek wallet, treat it as incidental to the core performance.

That way nobody will think to Google the solution.

Today this advice is free, courtesy of your friendly TV mentalist. ;)

You're welcome.

Always amazes me that magicians think laymen have no idea how many of the tricks are done when it's only a 'google' away. [/quote]
Here's a piece of advice worth $1000s. Don't make the die the focus of the routine. Use it like a peek wallet, treat it as incidental to the core performance.

You're welcome. [/quote]

Exactly!!!

You're welcome. [/quote]

👌🏻
To Doric funnily enough itís the people who buy the products cheap like this one for say £130 who do a presentation like . ď Roll the die I wonít look , you picked number 4 right ? ď Ironically those of us that pay the Promystic prices and have had these for literally years before any possible exposure would never ever dream of performing it in this manner even though we could of without fear of technology even crossing the spectators minds . This is what happens when you make things available ie cheap to all , people canít keep their mouths shut imo Gaz 🙂
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, RNK wrote:
I don't believe you have to turn off the die. [/quote]

[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, tomd wrote:
Yeah you don't, just turn off the thumper. [/quote]

[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, Michael Daniels wrote:
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, Puzzlemaker wrote:
I recieved mine today. Very beautyfull! But he didn't talk about how to turn the dice off. I watched the instrucrions twice. [/quote]
I have been wondering the same thing. It may be different from Mental Dice because the t*****r has both an on-off switch and an activate/sleep button. There doesn't seem to be a facebook group for MD users.

Mike [/quote]

So only the thumper needs to be shut down when finishing a product? if so, how long the dice battery lasts before you need to recharge it?
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
To Doric funnily enough itís the people who buy the products cheap like this one for say £130 who do a presentation like . ď Roll the die I wonít look , you picked number 4 right ? ď Ironically those of us that pay the Promystic prices and have had these for literally years before any possible exposure would never ever dream of performing it in this manner even though we could of without fear of technology even crossing the spectators minds . This is what happens when you make things available ie cheap to all , people canít keep their mouths shut imo Gaz 🙂 [/quote]
Exactly!

Their minds would explode if I told them I use all 3 dice but the spectator is never aware any dice are in play, at any time. Lol.
To Doric funnily enough itís the people who buy the products cheap like this one for say £130 who do a presentation like . ď Roll the die I wonít look , you picked number 4 right ? ď Ironically those of us that pay the Promystic prices and have had these for literally years before any possible exposure would never ever dream of performing it in this manner even though we could of without fear of technology even crossing the spectators minds . This is what happens when you make things available ie cheap to all , people canít keep their mouths shut imo Gaz 🙂 [/quote]

But to be fair we have all seen top name mentalists such as Banachek and even Craig himself, perform the effect in essentially that exact way in video performances. Well, obviously they were drawing the reveal out a little bit more but only by a few seconds. In fact I would wager that 99% of those willing to pay PM prices way back when and that have been performing this effect for years, were performing it exactly that way at that time, and 98% still do. One of the appeals of the effect is its straightforward simplicity, just a die and nothing else. It was almost propless!

Now I realize that part of reason this basic routine is performed so often on television is because television spots are always pressed for time, so quick and simple effects are favored, but it is also a very strong effect that has tremendous impact. Simply knowing the number or color of an innocent little toy has gotten me some of the strongest reactions of anything Iíve ever done.

So while I agree that exposure has perhaps forced some to use the dice as inconsequential peripheral elements, I donít believe that was the original intention. Nor do I think some of these routines are as strong and impactful as simply telling someone their freakin' number straight out.

https://youtu.be/xAJuQFqu3n8
I agree with Doric, I have the three dice set and I am thinking of getting the single so I can add a thumper to my set. I would never Just reveal what colour or number or combination of both as a one line throwaway reveal. If you perform this way then all you have is a very expensive toy, you need to be more creative in how you use these dice, I am an amateur magician who shows my my magic to friends family and parties etc, I have used my dice many times and never had anyone suspect I am using anything other than normal dice, of course this wonít stop those people who must no how a trick is done, but if you disguise the method as much as you can they will have less to go on. All so in the comments some members seem to think that if your not a professional but an amateur we care less about are hobby than they do and have very deep pockets. I work very long hard hours, and any expensive purchase has to be considered and saved for, in some cases many weeks. I do love my hobby and of course try to support the creators as much as possible, but we donít all have £ 1,000 + to lay down on a single item. I do not like the guilt trip that members give me because I have been able to get something that I have always wanted but would never be able to afford, are you telling me to go without and boycott a less expensive alternative so that only the very few and elite can have. I mean no disrespect in may comments here and suspect I may have left a bad taste in some mouths.

Tom.
I think we are going to have to accept that technologies that were once "secret" and "underground" are now becoming a bit more mainstream. Audiences are soon going to be aware of what is possible.
If you have any doubt have a look at this.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1928372437/godice-your-favorite-dice-games-reimagined
[quote]On Sep 27, 2020, Mobius wrote:
I think we are going to have to accept that technologies that were once "secret" and "underground" are now becoming a bit more mainstream. Audiences are soon going to be aware of what is possible.
If you have any doubt have a look at this.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1928372437/godice-your-favorite-dice-games-reimagined [/quote]

Yes go dice and Bluetooth cubes are always mentioned in these discussions. I feel this product was mention pages before.
... many times... :) ... and this is probably also the reason why dices are getting thrown out (and cheap) by others now... as the "thing" might be dead for us very soon , for me it is already. BTW, the guys behind the "Go Dice" are known to us, they produced before "for us"... but trying now to go for profit... although they face more difficulties until now there were expecting. Let Covid aside, they are far behind the originally scheduled time frame... Jan
Yes I think from memory itís Gidy and the estooge team who are behind Go Dice ? Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Is anyone having problems with getting this device to work?
Mine works fine. Watch the video, you have to sync the die the first time you use it.

Mark
[quote]On Oct 1, 2020, misterillusion wrote:
Is anyone having problems with getting this device to work? [/quote]

I'm not surprised.
[quote]On Oct 1, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Mine works fine. Watch the video, you have to sync the die the first time you use it.

Mark [/quote]

I think I figured it out. I think I now have it working by pairing each time I intend to use it. I mistakenly thought that the pairing was a one time thing. Thanks Mark
The pairing *is* a one-time thing. But each time you turn the Thumper on you must shake the die to wake it up and watch for the white LED to become lit on the Thumper. Once the LED is lit you are ready to go.

Mark
The pairing *is* a one-time thing. But each time you turn the Thumper on you must shake the die to wake it up and watch for the white LED to become lit on the Thumper. Once the LED is lit you are ready to go.

Mark [/quote]
Yes, I found that out by playing around with it. Thanks for your help Magic Mark. I really appreciate it. I am looking forward to using this device. I think it will be real effective. :-)

Mark [/quote]
Unfortunately, this "shaking-wake-up-action" is more clearly described in the (3) Mental Dice instructions, than what is included in the new Single Mental Die tutorial. But if you think about it, there must be a way to "turn on" the die/dice.

It was absolutely easier in the old days when you only had to pull a thread or apply some double sided tape, or... :)
[quote]On Oct 2, 2020, Thomas Walter wrote:

Mark [/quote]
Unfortunately, this "shaking-wake-up-action" is more clearly described in the (3) Mental Dice instructions, than what is included in the new Single Mental Die tutorial. But if you think about it, there must be a way to "turn on" the die/dice.

It was absolutely easier in the old days when you only had to pull a thread or apply some double sided tape, or... :) [/quote]

Right on. I remember the "old days" of string and tape too. LOL
[quote]On Oct 1, 2020, Mac_Stone wrote:

I'm not surprised. [/quote]
It was operator error. No defect with the product.
Non issues at all- works every time and tutorials were spot on recommended .
[quote]On Oct 2, 2020, Doric wrote:

It was operator error. No defect with the product. [/quote]

That is 100% correct. I thought there was a problem with the hardware, but instead it was my error. It is working great now and I am chomping at the bit to give it a try.
[quote]On Oct 2, 2020, Rizzo wrote:
Non issues at all- works every time and tutorials were spot on recommended . [/quote]

I agree with you totally Rizzo
[quote]On Oct 2, 2020, misterillusion wrote:

That is 100% correct. I thought there was a problem with the hardware, but instead it was my error. It is working great now and I am chomping at the bit to give it a try. [/quote]
Mac_Stone can eat his words then. Lol.

Glad the issue was resolved. :)
[quote]On Oct 2, 2020, misterillusion wrote:

That is 100% correct. I thought there was a problem with the hardware, but instead it was my error. It is working great now and I am chomping at the bit to give it a try. [/quote]
Mac_Stone can eat his words then. Lol.

Glad the issue was resolved. :) [/quote]

Me too. I am not sure why he had the negative vibes. Personally I thought I was experiencing "operator error" from the get-go anyway. LOL. This has got to be one of the best gimmicks I have purchased in a long time and I have been in the business since 1995
While I am waiting mine to arrive, I have one question.
How do you carry your die when on the gigs?
Or is this explained in the instruction video?
Thanks.
I received mine today. I hope it has a better and more stable connection than the other dice since I had a bit trouble a few times. I assume when several people have their phone with them sometimes itĎs a bit tricky.
Is it better to use computer or wall charger for USB?
[quote]On Oct 3, 2020, Scottacorman wrote:
Is it better to use computer or wall charger for USB? [/quote]
Never plug things into the computer to charge. Security first. Use a wall charger.
Thanks. Only mentioned it as I vaguely recall something else recommending computer.
Propdog recommended charging on a computer or PS4 in their review, but it wasnít based on anything substantial. Their fear was the wall charger having to much power, which I donít think is true.
[quote]On Oct 2, 2020, rockbrunnen wrote:
Thanks. [/quote]

The instructions show a variety of ways to carry the sensor, but not the die itself. Since I have just received mine, I have no experience to share with you regarding the method for carrying the die. I just intend to put it in my vest pocket.
Compared to similar dice mental die and mental dice are very cheap. But if there was another packaging it must be 50 dollar less :lol:
[quote]On Oct 3, 2020, misterillusion wrote:
[quote]On Oct 2, 2020, rockbrunnen wrote:
Thanks. [/quote]

The instructions show a variety of ways to carry the sensor, but not the die itself. Since I have just received mine, I have no experience to share with you regarding the method for carrying the die. I just intend to put it in my vest pocket. [/quote]

Hi misterillusion. Thank you very much for your comment!
[quote]On Oct 3, 2020, dvno wrote:
I received mine today. I hope it has a better and more stable connection than the other dice since I had a bit trouble a few times. I assume when several people have their phone with them sometimes itĎs a bit tricky. [/quote]

I donít have anything snarky to say about this at all.
Good. Initially you sounded bitter that you'd essentially spent 10x the amount for the same item. Now it seems you've come to terms with that.
[quote]On Oct 4, 2020, Doric wrote:
Good. Initially you sounded bitter that you'd essentially spent 10x the amount for the same item. Now it seems you've come to terms with that. [/quote]

Indeed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get your spectators to leave their cellphones at home?
A single person suggests that other people's cell phones might be causing interference. It is a suggestion.. a guess.. the theory isn't based on ANY scientific data. Yet, because your bias apparently causes you to reject reason and critical thinking, immediately you assume the suggestion must be true. :applause:

You need to add a "d" to the end of your username! :rotf:

Mark
Of course itís just my suggestion based on my experience. Might be something else that was interfering with my dice, who knows. I havenít performed with the thumper yet but so far the signal has been very good and never got lost.
Thumpers are always the way to go imo . Put it in your sock and you will never miss a beat and no one will ever hear it either Gaz 🙂
Mac_Stone has been told by Magic Mark that he should add a "d" to the end of his user name. However, for me, Mark's ally Doric came up with the wittiest comment in this thread when, during the black or white die debate on 20th September, he announced that "black dice matter".
Finally received my mental die this weekend. As a test I tried to do a simple variation of the color match, also to get some experience, with my kid. That extra experience I now got because it didn't work out well. I 'missed' one number. The die somehow flipped to an other side by accident. So I was confused and gambled om the incorrect number. So I now know I should always use a complete flat surface. For the rest the props work very well and the die looks how it should look, just as normal as other dice. Very happy with it.
Message: Posted by: the_man_who_knows (Oct 18, 2020 01:52PM)
[quote]On Oct 4, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
Mac_Stone has been told by Magic Mark that he should add a "d" to the end of his user name. However, for me, Mark's ally Doric came up with the wittiest comment in this thread when, during the black or white die debate on 20th September, he announced that "black dice matter". [/quote]

Yes, making fun of a movement aimed to stop institutional racism is downright hilarious.
[quote]On Oct 18, 2020, the_man_who_knows wrote:

Yes, making fun of a movement aimed to stop institutional racism is downright hilarious. [/quote]

Oh yeah, right.

Just a clever pun, a topical play on words, itís certainly not making fun of a movement but then Iím sure you already know that. I doubt you really care anyway. Youíre just trying to create controversy where there is none because your only goal here on TMC is to try and stir the pot.

I agree that it was one of the funniest posts Iíve read on here in quite some time.
I agree Bill it was a very funny post indeed Gaz 🙂
I say get the full set because all dice matter. Now I am going to run from the angry mob :bg:

Mark
The die/thumper may interfere with near by radio signals in the room. I have my light switch hooked up to a Switcheroo, so I can control multiple lamps with the light switch, and when I was practicing with the die/thumper last night the lights would turn on/off after rolling the die. Which was really amusing once I realized what was happening.
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Oct 22, 2020 01:00AM)
[quote]On Oct 21, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
The die/thumper may interfere with near by radio signals in the room. I have my light switch hooked up to a Switcheroo, so I can control multiple lamps with the light switch, and when I was practicing with the die/thumper last night the lights would turn on/off after rolling the die. Which was really amusing once I realized what was happening. [/quote]

Hey, if you were performing a theatrical seance with a gambling theme, you would have scared your audience to death. I find this absolutely perfect for Halloween. You would be the first magician/mentalist to get screams from your audience, due to amazement AND fright!
[quote]On Oct 21, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
The die/thumper may interfere with near by radio signals in the room. I have my light switch hooked up to a Switcheroo, so I can control multiple lamps with the light switch, and when I was practicing with the die/thumper last night the lights would turn on/off after rolling the die. Which was really amusing once I realized what was happening. [/quote]

What a great bonus effect.
I will review this on the latest episode of my review show. Myself and my son Ryland go into depth about whatís good and whatís not so good about the prop.

Ryland actually performs two of the routines that are on the download. The bottom line is this is a very well produced prop and the routines that are included are very good

Hereís the link to the show. Any questions please let me know

https://youtu.be/uYkrQIiUa1I
Do you know when it'll be back on penguin magic? (the white version) thanks!
[quote]On Jan 7, 2021, gotgot wrote:
Do you know when it'll be back on penguin magic? (the white version) thanks! [/quote]

Surely penguin customer support is the best place to ask this question?
Hi all, I have the Mental Die and I'm having some technical issues with it. It loses signal passed 10' even though they tout a wide range. It has embarrassed me a few times now. This may not be the place to post this but does anyone have any advice? I searched the forum and I searched the forum via Google and didn't see anywhere that I could post this. Please feel free to move it if necessary. Thanks!
Hi. I have tried unsuccessfully several times to sync my Anverdi Mental Die to the thumper. I have followed the video link for the effect, charging both the die and the thumper, turning off the thumper and plugging it into my computer port. Then I switch the thumper to the ON position and shake the die for several seconds in close proximity to the thumper. My understanding is that a white light in the middle of the three light array is supposed to illuminate when pairing occurs. So far, no lights have come on and the thumper does not vibrate. The thumper does vibrate when I push the button on top of it, down. If anyone has any helpful suggestions as to how to complete the process successfully or what I am doing incorrectly, your advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Eric
Mental Dice is 25% off at Penguin this week with their cool box promo code!
[quote]On Mar 22, 2021, Magic KL wrote:
Mental Dice is 25% off at Penguin this week with their cool box promo code! [/quote]

Thanks Magic KL for always bringing sales to our attention here at the cafť!
[quote]On Mar 23, 2021, RNK wrote:
[quote]On Mar 22, 2021, Magic KL wrote:
Mental Dice is 25% off at Penguin this week with their cool box promo code! [/quote]

Thanks Magic KL for always bringing sales to our attention here at the cafť! [/quote]

You are very welcome. I love saving money.
I am thinking of buying this die if a "Which Hand" routine is possible with this die.

Let's say you have the die in a fist behind your back and bring the hand in front of you.
Is this movement enough to get a vibration?
Any movement that changes the uppermost side will give you a reading. Under most circumstances that means there doesnít have to be a whole lot of movement.
Nice thing about this method is that you donít have to touch your spec, in fact you can be a good distance away and even have your back turned to them.

I actually prefer the 3 dice set for this as it allows you to also determine the color. Plus, I find the visual display is better to detect very fast, small changes and you know instantly what the number is.
[quote]On Mar 28, 2021, videoman wrote:
Any movement that changes the uppermost side will give you a reading. Under most circumstances that means there doesnít have to be a whole lot of movement.
Nice thing about this method is that you donít have to touch your spec, in fact you can be a good distance away and even have your back turned to them.

I actually prefer the 3 dice set for this as it allows you to also determine the color. Plus, I find the visual display is better to detect very fast, small changes and you know instantly what the number is. [/quote]

Thanks!
[quote]On Sep 18, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
This is madness. A thumper is now available which will work with my three mental dice - however, in order to get it I must also buy a fourth die. I don't want yet another die but I do want a thumper. Is that too much to ask? [/quote]
I agree. But I wanted the thumper enough that I went ahead and sprung for the black version. At least that way I have a fourth color in addition to my previously purchased red-white-blue set.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, learachel wrote:
WORKS WITH MENTAL DICE SET!! Can you tell us more? with a dice I can understand, but 4? One at a time? [/quote]

I own both the Dice and the Die. As stated, it will work with the single black or white die that comes with the thumper. If you want to use the thumper with the Mental Dice the thumper will work with the three Mental Dice only. From the publicly disseminated copy, "This new vibration system also allows you to receive individual, tactile signals to be used in place of the receiver included with Anverdi's original Mental Dice Set!"

As previously stated, this was originally going to be marketed as a thumper for the original Mental Dice and they decided to throw in a bonus die (I got the black one which isn't one of the colors in Mental Dice). They also throw in a charger.

It doesn't work with 4 dice.

thanks,
Tophatter [/quote]

I went with the black die because I already have the red, white, and blue dice that are in the original Mental Dice set. So I went with black as an additional color. As advertised, I can use all three of the original Mental Dice, as well as just the white die from the original set. So I can use the new Mental Die unit with either the newly purchased black die or my older one-of-three white die.

I'm going to experiment to see how the new black die plays with the original set (i.e., can it replace one of the original three dice).

If I was just purchasing the Mental Die I would go with the white die for the reason you state. A single white die is more standard and less noticeable.
[quote]On Sep 25, 2020, Doric wrote:
Exactly!

Their minds would explode if I told them I use all 3 dice but the spectator is never aware any dice are in play, at any time. Lol. [/quote]
I received a couple of private messages asking me how I use the dice. Now you can discover what I was talking about. 😉

https://www.britishsecretservice.co.uk/the-alchemy-project
Thanks for the link Doric. Nice to know that option is available. Could give more mileage to using the dice.

I had thought about trying to make similar boxes out of wood but thought it might be a pain to have them match exactly. Then I questioned whether they really needed to match exactly. Then my brain got too tired thinking about it so I left it on the back burner.

But my intention was to create something I could have out on display that would intrigue people enough to ask about it.
[quote]On Sep 24, 2020, rowdymagi5 wrote:
One problem I see is that we tend to be selective in who and what products we complain about when it comes to originality or the "rights" to produce and sell. Certain people can outright blatantly copy and steal others work and get away with it because everyone likes them, while others get crucified. It has been this way for years. Most would be surprised at just how many effects they perform are a rip off of someone else's hard work. [/quote]

We call it rip off, but look at what we would be driving today without competition and innovation. I'm not saying it's right just that sometimes it does improve our lives.
It also seems to work out better if you rip off a lot of stuff.
Rip off one or two effects and youíre a thief. But rip off an entire product line and youíre just a new competitor in the field.

Same thing in everyday life.
Get caught stealing $30,000 and you go to prison.
Get caught stealing $100 million and youíre fined $50,000.
Anybody know how to get a replacement strap for the thumper?
In the tutorial, Javier mentions an acrylic photo box to put the dice in (so that words, images or symbols can be used instead of numbers). Has anyone found such a box?
It was the MCS Acrylic Box, and I have no idea where to find it.

Now, my question: I just watched the video, and admit that I am tired, so I may have missed it, but, after pairing the die with the thumper, what is the range? How far away can my partner be to determine the correct number? RLD
Aha! Found a link: https://www.pfile.com/product/j-pc-35/?r=GB-J-PC-35&utm_source=google%2Bproducts&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=GB-J-PC-35&gclid=CjwKCAjwm_P5BRAhEiwAwRzSO75I8onvf3nLP3jzjLmOBgnHYC1_8FJDCl5ktV4lcU-qpmvZfPRD7xoChcAQAvD_BwE

Now, anyone want to send me one? They cost USD$3.99, and to ship here to Canada its $35 ! ! Just a bad move, unless someone/anyone can help me out...
Here are a couple possibilities from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Stumps-Unimprinted-Clear-Memories-Photo/dp/B0080G72A2/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=MCS+3.25x3.25+Inch+Clear+Plastic+6+Sided+Photo+Cube&qid=1627663632&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/MCS-3-25x3-25-Plastic-4-Pack-65750/dp/B01FSBDZW0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=MCS+3.25x3.25+Inch+Clear+Plastic+6+Sided+Photo+Cube&qid=1627663632&sr=8-3

I do like the idea of using this to display photos in your home and then using it to perform mentalism.

Also, Saturn Magic sells these which are much smaller than the photo cubes if you prefer.

https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/mental-dice-esp-cube-by-mark-traversoni.html
Video man, - thank you! The Saturn Magic one is perfect! I'll get it straight away! :-)
Dollar store option at 1 min 30s:

[youtube]5pu_nKBRwas[/YouTube]
Wow! Which Dollar store? Heh heh...
[quote]On Oct 18, 2020, the_man_who_knows wrote:
[quote]On Oct 4, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
Mac_Stone has been told by Magic Mark that he should add a "d" to the end of his user name. However, for me, Mark's ally Doric came up with the wittiest comment in this thread when, during the black or white die debate on 20th September, he announced that "black dice matter". [/quote]

Yes, making fun of a movement aimed to stop institutional racism is downright hilarious. [/quote]

BLM is not exactly on surface what you think it is.
[quote]On Sep 19, 2020, Illucifer wrote:

All things aside, Marc's product complete with Thumper and App is better. It is more expensive because he doesn't have the economies of scale Murphy's do. [/quote]

And this new product is absolutely unethical.I'm constantly ashamed of the community of magicians. They have no respect for each other and each other's creations. Only money. [/quote]

I donít think the magic community owes any thing different as far as the arena of ideas than any other area of commerce. If you can make it better faster more efficient cheaper than go for it. The market will bear. Iíve purchased thousands of dollars from Graig F. Iíve no loyalty to not purchase others products of the same genre. Iíve already paid my dues.

If other creators come up with an idea and product that isnít on the market Iíll give it consideration at that time. Then if it becomes available for less somewhere else heck why not buy that too? I donít need to buy another one again from the original creator.

And if Iím in the market and just canít afford $1500 cause Iím an amateur then why do without vs paying less. The other guy wouldnít have gotten my money anyway.

Just some thoughts to mix it up a bit.
[quote]On Oct 4, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
A single person suggests that other people's cell phones might be causing interference. It is a suggestion.. a guess.. the theory isn't based on ANY scientific data. Yet, because your bias apparently causes you to reject reason and critical thinking, immediately you assume the suggestion must be true. :applause:

You need to add a "d" to the end of your username! :rotf:

Mark [/quote]

He could also change his last name to out.
Hi all,
I am still new to the Cafť, I read a lot but I rarely post. I recently purchased Magic Dice and then Magic Die. I only saw this thread only after my purchases and I did not realise there was a big discussion about the history of it all.
As I learned the craft on my own, I got into the habbit of remembering (or trying to remember) the original names, classic names and the creators of moves and routines.
Can I ask if I got this right?
- Craig Filicetti got the idea first for the stage, boxed oversized dice with electronics
- Tony Anverdi had an effect of uncovered dice with electronics with a thumper
- Marc Antoine created a set of three dice with a screen (then later with a thumper and app.)
- Murphys then repurposed Anverdi's ideas with Antoine's innovations by recreating a slightly more modern die and reader (then later with a thumper.)

I hope I got that right.

So my overall question is, is there a way to support the original creators? I have attempted to find the aforementioned routine from Craig Fillicetti and the original ideas behind Anverdi's method, but I also wanted to support Antoine becasue I think an app is a great idea, especially for a smart watch. But I honestly can only find the Mental Die and Mental Dice products I already purchased. I noticed a lot of the links provided in this thread don't work anymore, so I am deeply curious to get pointed in the right direction - please and thankyou.

I like to point out that I have been doing card magic for a long time, but I am new to stage effects and things like die and coins etc. I am also the kind of person that like to ensure that I am learning the craft as opposed to buying the next best trick. So 1) Getting an app for an effect will be awesome, but 2) I want to learn from the masters and Fillicetti is a name I know nothing about, and since I am learning about people like Banachek, Max Malini, Jeff Hobson and other names along the way, I find one thing in common, magicians always teach the original by mentioning the name of the move before teaching their own version or their own move or alteration.

Finally, I have to say, the Mental dice and die is great, but I'd rather learn from the greats, and I would love to find out what Anverdi actually made if people here are claiming that this is just a reproduction of someone elses effect.

Again, Please and thankyou
Leo
If the spectator lifts the die, will you be able to see that on the display or do they have to roll it?
[quote]On Aug 20, 2021, Leonil wrote:
Hi all,
I am still new to the Cafť, I read a lot but I rarely post. I recently purchased Magic Dice and then Magic Die. I only saw this thread only after my purchases and I did not realise there was a big discussion about the history of it all.
As I learned the craft on my own, I got into the habbit of remembering (or trying to remember) the original names, classic names and the creators of moves and routines.
Can I ask if I got this right?
- Craig Filicetti got the idea first for the stage, boxed oversized dice with electronics
- Tony Anverdi had an effect of uncovered dice with electronics with a thumper
- Marc Antoine created a set of three dice with a screen (then later with a thumper and app.)
- Murphys then repurposed Anverdi's ideas with Antoine's innovations by recreating a slightly more modern die and reader (then later with a thumper.)

I hope I got that right.

So my overall question is, is there a way to support the original creators? I have attempted to find the aforementioned routine from Craig Fillicetti and the original ideas behind Anverdi's method, but I also wanted to support Antoine becasue I think an app is a great idea, especially for a smart watch. But I honestly can only find the Mental Die and Mental Dice products I already purchased. I noticed a lot of the links provided in this thread don't work anymore, so I am deeply curious to get pointed in the right direction - please and thankyou.

I like to point out that I have been doing card magic for a long time, but I am new to stage effects and things like die and coins etc. I am also the kind of person that like to ensure that I am learning the craft as opposed to buying the next best trick. So 1) Getting an app for an effect will be awesome, but 2) I want to learn from the masters and Fillicetti is a name I know nothing about, and since I am learning about people like Banachek, Max Malini, Jeff Hobson and other names along the way, I find one thing in common, magicians always teach the original by mentioning the name of the move before teaching their own version or their own move or alteration.

Finally, I have to say, the Mental dice and die is great, but I'd rather learn from the greats, and I would love to find out what Anverdi actually made if people here are claiming that this is just a reproduction of someone elses effect.

Again, Please and thankyou
Leo [/quote]

I'm not sure if all of your info is correct and I am not enough of an expert to attempt to correct it. With a lot of magic history it can often be controversial with a certain camp believing so and so was the creator and another believing it was someone else. This is especially true when you get into variations, improvements, etc. Much of our history (and not just magic but world history) is not black and white, there are many shades to it.

I wish you luck in your journey!

Craig Filicetti's company is ProMystic.com
https://promystic.com/products/real-die-standard

Marc Antoine's company is Dodymagic.com
https://dodymagic.com/

One of the foremost experts on Anverdi and his props is Chuck Caputo. You can find him on FaceBook. Also join the Anverdi group on FB if you haven;t already. Chuck posts on there fairly regularly with lots of information about Anverdi's props.

Thanks for caring about the history of effects.