(Close Window)
Topic: Vision Box 2.0 / Jo„o Miranda
In 2016 Jo„o Miranda invented Vision Box, his original take on the classic card to impossible location plot

Four years later, Vision Box 2.0 is born and has several important technical details that have been improved

https://www.joaomiranda.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=62

[youtube]mV-tjLV1TWQ[/youtube]
Available to order now at all Murphy's Magic Retailers.

The original was incredible, the 5 new improvements make it even BETTER.
Get all the details here.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=68546
The first version was so good that I think I will be picking this up as well! I love the fact that you can now fold the card up and place it into the box.
[quote]On Dec 11, 2020, MurphysNEW wrote:
Available to order now at all Murphy's Magic Retailers.

The original was incredible, the 5 new improvements make it even BETTER.
Get all the details here.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=68546 [/quote]

I see it's a preorder for Murphy's dealers. Any idea how soon orders will be filled? And, if I preorder from a dealer, will it be dropped-shipped by Murphy's directly to me or will I have to wait for it to ship to the dealer first?

Mark
Joao's original Vision Box was my personal favorite of the wave of card boxes that were released around that same time. I owned every one of them but I kept going back to Vision Box. About the only complaint I remember seeing about it is that it had a solid and opaque bottom rather than being completely transparent on all 6 sides. But IMO this was magicians thinking and never bothered me in the slightest. There are many small boxes that look just like it in the real world so that was always a non-issue.

Iím interested in this 2.0 version but probably wonít get it because Iím still quite happy with the original. It works perfectly, is quite easy to do, and is an absolute fooler. My only nitpick would be the set-up/reset, which is a little less than elegant so addressing that is a nice improvement.
But if the new improvements have no downside AFA how it compares to the original I may consider getting one because there have been a couple routines where I would have liked to be able to place the folded ďpredictionĒ card inside the box in full view of the audience as part of my presentation. I understand the 2.0 version allows you to do this.

Nice to see Joao continuing to work and improve his existing product line in an effort to make an already great prop even better.
I do not own version 1 but I like this new improved version ⭐️

[youtube]7idq_qsPpjw[/youtube]
Version 1 is brilliant if you need version 2 you are doing version 1 wrong imho as itís foolproof Gaz 😊
[quote]On Dec 11, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

I see it's a preorder for Murphy's dealers. Any idea how soon orders will be filled? And, if I preorder from a dealer, will it be dropped-shipped by Murphy's directly to me or will I have to wait for it to ship to the dealer first?

Mark [/quote]

Expected release date is December 18. As the wholesaler Murphyís ship only to dealers who then ship to you.
[quote]On Dec 11, 2020, LankyHobo wrote:
[quote]On Dec 11, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark [/quote]

Expected release date is December 18. As the wholesaler Murphyís ship only to dealers who then ship to you. [/quote]

Sorry, that's not 100% accurate. I've had a couple of items that I ordered from Hocus Pocus in Fresno get shipped to me directly from Rancho Cordova (Murphy's location).

Mark
I am interested in this, but God knows how many of these little open prediction boxes I already own. Like others have said, the original was excellent. But my issue was with the reset, which was sort of a deal breaker because I never felt comfortable using it in my strolling work. To reset it you needed adequate lighting and the tool could be easily lost. Frankly, it just wasn't practical for strolling. It is better suited for table-hopping or small parlor shows.

For my strolling work, I choose effects that have either no reset or 'only takes a few seconds' and can done in nearly plain view. That said, I would gladly invest in this if the reset met this criteria. If anybody buys this and can share their thoughts about this I would be most grateful.
The only thing that puts me off is the need to carry somthing extra for the reset which I would probably end up losing.
I agree. I have and love the original but never perform with it because of the reset. Interested to learn more about the new reset. The Kennedy box might not be as pretty but all it takes is a simple tap and you are good to go again.
The reset takes literally 1 second according to the new video explaining the improvements.
Love that you can place the prediction in before. Thatís awesome!!!!

Itís the 2nd video, scroll down.
https://www.mystiquefactory.com/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/vision-box-2-0-by-joao-miranda-magic?variant=37703194181824

I never owned the original. So Iím more than excited about this new version.
[quote]On Dec 13, 2020, mikenewman wrote:
I never owned the original. So Iím more than excited about this new version. [/quote]

I agree with you, am also very excited, my order is done
Anybody have a sense of when this is going to come out?

Evan
[quote]On Dec 13, 2020, thecromulent wrote:
Anybody have a sense of when this is going to come out?[/quote]
I have read: The official release date is dated 21.12.2020
[quote]On Dec 13, 2020, mikenewman wrote:
The reset takes literally 1 second according to the new video explaining the improvements.
Love that you can place the prediction in before. Thatís awesome!!!!

Itís the 2nd video, scroll down.
https://www.mystiquefactory.com/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/vision-box-2-0-by-joao-miranda-magic?variant=37703194181824

I never owned the original. So Iím more than excited about this new version. [/quote]

Thanks for sharing it's as feared though meaning a little something extra you need to carry which could easily be lost.
For any tiny doodads like this that can easily get lost, I immediately attach them to a loop of strong cord using epoxy and tape if no hole or other means is provided. I can then attach this to a carabiner which I can put on my keychain, attach to a reel on my belt, or simply carry in a pocket. I employ the gas station bathroom key principle to insure I never lose it.

I suppose you could even put one of those beeping key finders on it as well. Which conjures up images of restaurant magicians crawling around on the floor and asking everyone to please shush for just a minute. :)
Iím thinking itís fairly easy to replace. Make your own? Knowing Joao, he would gladly offer up replacements.

This is very minor for me and not an issue to stop me from buying and performing it.
Improvements look good. Wish they would have added little magnets to make the lid stay on in your pocket. That would have made it perfect
[quote]On Dec 13, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
Improvements look good. Wish they would have added little magnets to make the lid stay on in your pocket. That would have made it perfect [/quote]

Agreed, especially since they make a point of now being able to carry it while "set" safely in a pocket.
Although slipping an elastic band around it can be easily justified as part of your routine. I have also tied a small ribbon around the box too for use in parlor shows.
Well, I already have (and use) Kennedy's and Regal's boxes, but am sorely tempted to add this one. I clearly need help! :rotf:
If you use the Kennedy box, note that the dump out for Vision requires a different technique. With Kennedy, all you need is a simple shuttle pass and it can even be a little sloppy. With this, you need more precision both in how you hold the box and how you remove the card. So this is a step up from Kennedy in terms of required technique.
Didnít liked the noise V1 made. Did this changed?
[quote]On Dec 13, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
If you use the Kennedy box, note that the dump out for Vision requires a different technique. With Kennedy, all you need is a simple shuttle pass and it can even be a little sloppy. With this, you need more precision both in how you hold the box and how you remove the card. So this is a step up from Kennedy in terms of required technique. [/quote]

Thanks, emyers99. I don't use a shuttle pass, but another technique which Kennedy suggested. I went ahead and ordered this. Will see how much of a challenge it is to adapt it to my current method.
Yeah, Vision Box isnít really a dump, itís more of a take. But very simple with a little bit of practice and extremely deceptive.

AFA noise, when I do it I am holding both the box and the lid in my left hand and remove the card with the fingers of my right hand. With both plastic pieces in my left hand as well the card being removed, I find that any little bit of noise is justified by the things the audience is aware of so they do not suspect something they do not know exists.
I have to say this looks very impressive and the switch so clean. I really love it! However am I the only one to notice the folded card you open out and show to your audience is a double backed card? Surely that's risky!
I was interested in ordering the original Vision Box so glad I held off & now here is the new one 2.0 !
I agree with videoman about the noise. Easily covered. And I did also notice the folded card in the new version is a double backer but I only caught that the second time I watched it so Iím guessing spectators will never catch it, especially since they donít even know double backers exist.
[quote]On Dec 14, 2020, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Am I the only one to notice the folded card you open out and show to your audience is a double backed card? [/quote]

No, it also struck me immediately and I wondered about it very much 🤔

Maybe there is a hint in the tutorial, on the other hand really risky
I noticed it too and wondered why Joao used it. It was necessary in the original but the audience only saw it while folded. I didnít think it was necessary to use a db in the new version.
AVAILABLE STARTING THE 18th OF DECEMBER 2020

Statement => Dynamite Magic Shop Netherlands
My only problem with it is how the object is taking out of the box. This "strong move" doesn't fit the action of taking a paper out of a box and looks very strange to me. Guess that will fly but for me it isn't that smooth.
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the kind words.

Here is my good friend Dani Daortiz favorite handling for the box.

Enjoy

[youtube]FD7Lg6IZYsI[/youtube]
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Dec 14, 2020 01:04PM)
Looks very clean. Great handling.
[quote]On Dec 14, 2020, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
My only problem with it is how the object is taking out of the box. This "strong move" doesn't fit the action of taking a paper out of a box and looks very strange to me. Guess that will fly but for me it isn't that smooth. [/quote]

I'm not sure what "strong move" you saw but taking it out of the box looks very normal and innocent to me. I've never had it questioned or gotten any funny looks when doing it.
Dani's dump looks good but I still prefer the standard take move.
[quote]On Dec 14, 2020, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Dec 14, 2020, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
My only problem with it is how the object is taking out of the box. This "strong move" doesn't fit the action of taking a paper out of a box and looks very strange to me. Guess that will fly but for me it isn't that smooth. [/quote]

I'm not sure what "strong move" you saw but taking it out of the box looks very normal and innocent to me. I've never had it questioned or gotten any funny looks when doing it.
Dani's dump looks good but I still prefer the standard take move. [/quote]

I didn't see Dani Daortiz handling before my comment! THIS way of just dumping it I like pretty much! Just taking it out from the top looked not good to me!
I think both handlinglook look fantastic.
[quote]On Dec 14, 2020, MR Effecto wrote:
I think both handlinglook look fantastic. [/quote]

I agree!!!!
No one is going to suspect anything at all with either move.
If you get caught w these moves..... you definitely didnít practice and should not perform. Ever! Lol. Just kidding. But absolutely no normal spectator will suspect anything.

Brilliant.
I agree it looks very good. One of the best trick of this year.
I love the original so I donít see the difference . If you think anyone thought anything other than it was a real card in the box from the start you may as well give up or you certainly didnít perform it in the real world . It killed imho Gaz 😊
Gaz, there are huge advantages with the 2.0 . One of the big ones is itís way better to set up. Easy to carry and can add your prediction card right in front of your spectator.
Fair enough I will have to seen one when someone has one to make a final judgement Gaz 😊
Here's my question: will the action of adding the prediction card in front of the spectator really be something that we want to do? From what I understand, that card is gimmicked, and will be reused from performace to performace. That means that it will be pre-folded (suspicious) and will start to look weathered over time (also suspicious). If we were doing this effect for "real," we would start with a pristine card and fold it right in front of the spectator. I am not arguing with the quality of this item--in fact, I pre-ordered mine yesterday. But this aspect might not be as much of an improvement as claimed.

Evan
I find card prediction effects that use unfolded cards, like Chris Webbs Decide https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S30074 way more organic and strong than effects that use the MCF as no layman in his right mind would ever ruin his deck of cards by crumpling up one of the playing cards.
[quote]On Dec 15, 2020, leosx1 wrote:
I find card prediction effects that use unfolded cards, like Chris Webbs Decide https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S30074 way more organic and strong than effects that use the MCF as no layman in his right mind would ever ruin his deck of cards by crumpling up one of the playing cards. [/quote]

I'm guessing you never saw Boa Box by Cody Fisher? So entertaining and fun which uses a folded card. Audiences LOVE it!
Yes true I never saw it and in the context of a snake holding a folded card in his mouth it does make sense indeed thank you for pointing this out.
[quote]On Dec 15, 2020, leosx1 wrote:
I find card prediction effects that use unfolded cards, like Chris Webbs Decide https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S30074 way more organic and strong than effects that use the MCF as no layman in his right mind would ever ruin his deck of cards by crumpling up one of the playing cards. [/quote]

Really did rate this effect leosx1 I prefer Gobsmacked over the one you linked by Chris Webb .
Vision Box 1 or 2 are on a different stratosphere in comparison imho Gaz 😊
Thank you for our reference to Gobsmacked Gaz, great effect though no box at all involved :-). Ordered Vision in the end as it might come in handy for a clean serial number divination of a bill which would make sense to be folded also.
Exactly the box telegraphs the method in Chris Webbís effect massively Gaz 😊
One of the trailers shows that you can customize it to using dollar bills and other cards, so is the gimmick easily interchangeable to remove it from the card and put it on the dollar bill. Or do you get a few so you can have say both a card and a bill gimmicked and ready to go?
[quote]On Dec 16, 2020, MrBadGuy wrote:
One of the trailers shows that you can customize it to using dollar bills and other cards, so is the gimmick easily interchangeable to remove it from the card and put it on the dollar bill. Or do you get a few so you can have say both a card and a bill gimmicked and ready to go? [/quote]

As I understan it, you can change the card but it could be a sticky action ...
There is a offer for one extra piece for Vision Box.It includes the accessories
and the instructions to build one more gimmick for Vision Box.Comes with red card,
blue card and blank paper / Look at his Website 🔹 I HOPE ONE EXTRA IS INCLUDED
So if you can set this up for money/billets, then it would make sense that you could set this up with a normal card rather than a double backer. Unless somehow, in order to display the prediction card, you actually need to fold it back in the opposite way? It's not a huge deal, but I would be curious to know.

Also to be fair, even if you do in fact need to use a double backer, you could simply conceal the refolding of the card a bit so its less noticeable if you're worried. I'm sure it will fly by any laymen regardless.

But if you are able to use a normal card, it would give some peace of mind. And if you're able to display the face of the card, it would actually open up a lot of different presentation ideas.
I'm guessing a double backer is used just in case the spectator catches a glimpse of the inside of the folded card--so they don't see the index of a card they didn't pick. I've seen this subtlety used in a couple of different contexts with folded cards. You're never going to show them the face of the card as you fold it, because it's meant to be a mystery.

Evan
[quote]On Dec 16, 2020, thecromulent wrote:
I'm guessing a double backer is used just in case the spectator catches a glimpse of the inside of the folded card--so they don't see the index of a card they didn't pick. I've seen this subtlety used in a couple of different contexts with folded cards. You're never going to show them the face of the card as you fold it, because it's meant to be a mystery.

Evan [/quote]

That was my thought as well. Although I'm not sure why they would use that on a demo vid, knowing that magi's are going to be wondering why they used a DB.
I don't think it is a normal card though. By that I mean I believe it is a carefully prepared gaff just as the original was.
I think the double facer is used also if you want to fold the card in front of them before putting it in the box. I believe the back they see, just before you fold it, is normal, and the back that is seen once it's folded in the box has has something special done to a quarter of it. That said, if you start with the folded card already in the box, similar to John Kennedy's Mystery Box, then it doesn't matter if you used a normal face card, because the face will never be seen. I get the idea of folding the card in front of the spectator, but if the special something is not easy to take of the card and transfer to a new card (once the first one is old an unusable), then I would just leave it folded already in the box. But if the gimmick is easily transferrable or replaceable (i.e. I can pop into Michaels and buy it) then I would do the folding in front of the spectator form time to time since I know I can repair/replace it after a few performances.
Perhaps the DB is a thinner card also. That would help if you know how it works.
[quote]On Dec 17, 2020, kiketron wrote:
Perhaps the DB is a thinner card also. That would help if you know how it works. [/quote]
I am sure that this particular card is thinner than a normal playing card

It can be folded in front of a spectator & the back will never be visible
[quote]On Dec 14, 2020, Joao Miranda wrote:
Hi Guys - Thank you for the kind words.[/quote]
Hello Joao, I have a design and production question:

Wouldn't it be better to have the bottom with white velvet and also the black plastic in white color ?

Since the edges of the card are also white, I think there should be less contrast problems with the edges

I believe in white this box would be even more effective and inconspicuous - Magician feedback requested
If they catch a glimpse of the other side of the card then I think it would seem a bit more odd to see the back design vs a card they didn't pick. This is ofc hypothetically speaking though and worst case scenario. If you mind your angles, they shouldn't be able to see anything at all.

But if it were up to me, I think it would be nice to have a blank face card in there. So if they catch a small glimpse, it could still seem like a normal card. Hopefully whatever is in the special card can in fact be transferred fairly easy. I can think of a few different presentation ideas if that is the case.

That aside, the upgrades are great but in my opinion, not worth the money if you own a gimmick with the same concept. But to each's own, same may feel it is worth it. I will say however if I didn't have anything like this already, I would get it in a heartbeat.
As a dealer with Murphys, I will be getting my stock in tomorrow (12/18). Official release date is 12/21. Iíll be sure to do a thorough review.
There really is no need for a review from any product that comes from Joao. Quality products quality man.
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Dec 18, 2020 03:30AM)
I would like to stress that as far as I am concerned honest, critical reviews are ALWAYS appreciated.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2020, mpilkey wrote:
As a dealer with Murphys, I will be getting my stock in tomorrow (12/18)
Official release date is 12/21 - Iíll be sure to do a thorough review.[/quote]
I can not believe that this will be the case, since the parcels went out only on 17 December and the
shipping companiesare currently totally overloaded and it comes to imensen delays of a delivery ...
I have to say, Iím not impressed. The removal of the card is very unnatural looking; the placement of the fingers and the sudden, snappy motion of jerking the card from the box looks odd. Tommy Wonderís card box is so much more natural and mysterious. Or, I think a simple paper clip switch (a la Jay Sankey) is much better. I understand if someone wants the aesthetic of a clear box for their routine, but the actions just really stand out as unnatural, in my opinion.
I agree with Illucifer, Paperclipped is very organic. I have V1 of Vision Box, but won't be putting out more money for an improvement and owning 2 boxes.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
I have to say, Iím not impressed. The removal of the card is very unnatural looking; the placement of the fingers and the sudden, snappy motion of jerking the card from the box looks odd. Tommy Wonderís card box is so much more natural and mysterious. Or, I think a simple paper clip switch (a la Jay Sankey) is much better. I understand if someone wants the aesthetic of a clear box for their routine, but the actions just really stand out as unnatural, in my opinion. [/quote]
I can't agree at all, the handling is not suspicious or particularly noticeable to a viewer unfamiliar with magic.
And another method can be used which is even more inconspicuous. I have the Mystery Solved box and never
really warmed up to it, and I'm sure Vision 2.0 is much easier and more foolproof to use. The upcoming field
reports will bring final clarity. I believe Vision 2.0 will be a great item.

[youtube]FD7Lg6IZYsI[/youtube]
Mystery solved box is rubbish in comparison I have a brand new one that I canít even give away Gaz 😊
I have to say, Iím not impressed. The removal of the card is very unnatural looking; the placement of the fingers and the sudden, snappy motion of jerking the card from the box looks odd. Tommy Wonderís card box is so much more natural and mysterious. Or, I think a simple paper clip switch (a la Jay Sankey) is much better. I understand if someone wants the aesthetic of a clear box for their routine, but the actions just really stand out as unnatural, in my opinion. [/quote]

Totally agree with this. Use Sankey's Paperclipped and put it under an inverted wineglass. Same trick, better/easier handling IMO.
OSYN is even better than Paperclipped. I can't say enough good things about that nice.

Evan
[quote]On Dec 18, 2020, thecromulent wrote:
OSYN is even better than Paperclipped. I can't say enough good things about that nice.

Evan [/quote]

OSYN? I give up..... what does that stand for?

"I can't say enough good things about that nice" What does this mean?

sorry that I'm confused. I have been awake for 40 hours straight though. Maybe that's why.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2020, corpmagi wrote:

Totally agree with this. Use Sankey's Paperclipped and put it under an inverted wineglass. Same trick, better/easier handling IMO. [/quote]

Or.....
Use Paperclipped, and put it under Vision Box 2!!!!!!!! I am freaking AWESOME!
You're welcome!
OSYN:
https://ellusionist.com/products/osyn

Apparently discontinued, which is a real shame.

"Nice" is apparently autocorrect for "move.Ē
OSYN is even better than Paperclipped. I can't say enough good things about that nice.[/quote]
Such videos make me crazy 🙃 I stay with the Vision 2.0 😉

[youtube]zujsHBmFt4I[/youtube]
[quote]On Dec 18, 2020, Magic Dust wrote:
OSYN is even better than Paperclipped. I can't say enough good things about that nice.[/quote]
Such videos make me crazy 🙃 I stay with the Vision 2.0 😉

[youtube]zujsHBmFt4I[/youtube] [/quote]

Oh yes, that video is garbage. The "blank to thought of card" effect is okay, but the switch itself is beautiful, practical, and versatile. It's "Paperclipped," but you can show your hands empty during and after. Just pay attention to the very end of the video, where he switches the bill, and imagine doing that with a card.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2020, Magic Dust wrote:
I can't agree at all, the handling is not suspicious or particularly noticeable to a viewer unfamiliar with magic.
And another method can be used which is even more inconspicuous. I have the Mystery Solved box and never
really warmed up to it, and I'm sure Vision 2.0 is much easier and more foolproof to use. The upcoming field
reports will bring final clarity. I believe Vision 2.0 will be a great item.

[youtube]FD7Lg6IZYsI[/youtube] [/quote]

I really like the look of this switch over the one in the demo, much more natural and no jerky movements. I hope something like this is explained in the video as an additional handling.
The handling doesnít need explaining its as basic as ABC ? Gaz 😊
I suspect the handling by Daortiz works better with video frames and is not suitable for the real world.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I would like to stress that as far as I am concerned honest, critical reviews are ALWAYS appreciated. [/quote]

I too would be very happy to hear reviews from new owners.
I Have Toibox and I love it. All these boxes yelling ďhello Im a mysterious gimmicked box used only by magiciansĒ
Message: Posted by: The Unmasked Magician (Dec 20, 2020 12:18PM)
Hmm. I understand what you are saying, but I think this looks very inconspicuous. A see-through plastic box with a black bottom is quite common.
I have version 1.0 and been playing around with it again the last couple of days and itís fantastic . I canít see how 2.0 will be better as itís perfect as it is and it seems to me itís trying to fix something that ainít broken . Itís an incredible illusion and works wonderfully Gaz 😊
[quote]On Dec 20, 2020, Vogler wrote:
I Have Toibox and I love it. All these boxes yelling ďhello Im a mysterious gimmicked box used only by magiciansĒ [/quote]

Agreed. Toibox is wonderful.
Received Vision 2.0 today and I am quite satisfied - Since I do not have the Version 1.0 I can not make a comparison but the new Version 2.0 works flawlessly and very quiet. Box itself is very cleanly crafted and really nice clear and transparent. However, I would have liked to see a complete replacement for a second application as a standard addition and the packaging could have been a little wider to be able to insert replacement cards flat. Greatest care should be taken for card placement and a steady hand is neccesary !
[quote]On Dec 20, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I have version 1.0 and been playing around with it again the last couple of days and itís fantastic . I canít see how 2.0 will be better as itís perfect as it is and it seems to me itís trying to fix something that ainít broken . Itís an incredible illusion and works wonderfully Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Don't you remember back on page 3 when Mr. EFFECTO ststed this; "Gaz, there are huge advantages with the 2.0 . One of the big ones is itís way better to set up. Easy to carry and can add your prediction card right in front of your spectator. "?

Can you add your prediction card right in front of the specs with version 1?
Hi Bob I donít know how true that statement is in the real world and I have no desire to add my prediction in front of my audience anyway , best wishes Gaz 😊
Well that's strange, because the effect would be so much stronger by adding the prediction right in front of your spectators before you begin.
I donít like messing around like that Bob I like to be set and ready to go and donít see the point of putting something in there just to take it back out again a short time later . I am happy with a miracle and prefer things set as itís one thing less to worry about . Each to their own but the couple of people who I do know who have this have a few reservations with this newer version Gaz 😊
Are they members here at the Cafť? It would be nice to hear what reservations they have?

And the point of putting a written prediction in the box right in front of them help show that nothing was set up beforehand and would definitely be much stronger than having it in there already.
My girlfriend has a horse. I used to be afraid of horses but now I am actually quite fond of them.
It makes me sad to see a dead horse....
I have V1. And if I can put my prediction card in the box V2 in front of spectators NATURALLY, I will also buy V2, because it is a big plus for my routine. It should be the only reason to buy V2 for me. Could someone comment on the practicability of inserting a card? Thank you.
RNK that is almost a fundamental question and a question of taste in placing the card openly in the box and showing it beforehand (also transparent versus opaque box).
If we think about it more closely, the use with signature is not a prediction but a paradox.
A card already exists that cannot yet exist (which could also suggest that an exchange must have taken place).
In the case of a covered box, one could still consider that the card got in inexplicably.
There are therefore many who prefer this approach and reject the open handling.
I'm still experimenting with both approaches and would at least try it out.
I would have ideas for presentations for both variants, but I could also imagine that the open handling is more puzzling than inexplicable in the end. 🤔
ArtIn, you are absolutely right. I understand the pro and con of a transparent box. I like transparent box and blank cards, I do not why, but I am fascinated by these visual aspects. I suppose that this impression is linked to my memory when I discovered the wonder of magic.

I try to combine Vision box with Revolve by Nicolas Lawrence. I put a blank card into the box, not for a prediction, just for a moment of suspense. And I perform a version of Out of Sight by Joshua Jay (not the original method, another one without D*****D****). I ask the spectator to sign the card selected and revealed. After vanishing it, I come back to the blank card in the transparent box. Until this moment, spectators don't think the card is the one signed; just the blank card inserted in the box in the beginning. Now I CHANGE it into the signed card thanks to Revolve.
I donít own the earlier version and if this questions seems stupid for you, please excuse me. But can someone tell if itís possible to have a foldet billet inside the box instead of a playing card? Thanks :)
Yes you can have a billet in there merry Christmas Gaz 😊
Thanks Gaz and merry christmas
[quote]On Dec 25, 2020, dvno wrote:
Can someone tell if itís possible to have a foldet billet inside the box instead of a playing card? Thanks :)[/quote]

Yes - Vision 2.0 come with a red & blue card plus a white paper - others are possible but take care of the used material
I would have thought having the choice of being able to add a prediction card in front of the audience is a clear added benefit -especially for Mentalism routines. You are always free to do it the original way, if you choose.
[quote]On Dec 25, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:
I would have thought having the choice of being able to add a prediction card in front of the audience is a clear added benefit -especially for Mentalism routines. You are always free to do it the original way, if you choose. [/quote]

I agree if you use a blank card or card without signature.
Otherwise itís not a prediction.
[quote]On Dec 25, 2020, Martin Pulman wrote:
I would have thought having the choice of being able to add a prediction card in front of the audience is a clear added benefit -especially for Mentalism routines. You are always free to do it the original way, if you choose. [/quote]

Yes, agree Martin. It's definitely stronger IMO. Of course its still going to be pretty darn good for some routines when the item is in the box prior but in the end much more amazing if your prediction is written and placed in a box in full view before the spectators choice is made. Pretty hard to beat.
Mine arrived today and wow this is great.
Be doing over and over in the mirror fooling myself.

Will take some practice to get the finger placements second nature.

Highly recommended this.
How difficult is it to only let the prediction fall into your hands? As seen in some trailer?
May be worth mentioning that Dani Daortiz's preferred handling probably lends itself better when performed seated at a table, not that it must be performed that way mind you but I think its easier and looks more natural when picking the box up off a table.

And youíll notice he has the lid already removed, in fact he doesnít appear to use the lid at all. Dani must pick the box up from the table with a finger or fingers going inside of the box prior to the dump.
Since I typically use this in a parlor show setting where I am standing, I like to hold the box up high and display it very clearly with the lid still on it and it makes more sense IMO to remove the card from inside by reaching in with my fingers in that case rather than dumping it out.

So your preferred method may depend in part on the type of performing you do.
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Dec 29, 2020 10:08PM)
[quote]On Dec 29, 2020, videoman wrote:
May be worth mentioning that Dani Daortiz's preferred handling probably lends itself better when performed seated at a table, not that it must be performed that way mind you but I think its easier and looks more natural when picking the box up off a table.

And youíll notice he has the lid already removed, in fact he doesnít appear to use the lid at all. Dani must pick the box up from the table with a finger or fingers going inside of the box prior to the dump.
Since I typically use this in a parlor show setting where I am standing, I like to hold the box up high and display it very clearly with the lid still on it and it makes more sense IMO to remove the card from inside by reaching in with my fingers in that case rather than dumping it out.

So your preferred method may depend in part on the type of performing you do. [/quote]

Thanks for pointing this out videoman. Hope all is going well my friend! In spite of owning a Clarity Box (which I still love very much), Paragon 3D (which I am not a fan of due the card sticking in the box when you dump it out..I wish I could sell it, but I couldn't in good conscious due to playing with it for a long time to perfect the illusion to no avail..a few M****** broke), and other opaque "boxes" (Mint box which is fragile and Toibox which is brilliant), I wonder how Vision Box 2 will rate against those products.

Also, I wonder how durable this is long term. I am nervous in having to carry a tool to reset.
[quote]On Dec 20, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I have version 1.0 and been playing around with it again the last couple of days and itís fantastic . I canít see how 2.0 will be better as itís perfect as it is and it seems to me itís trying to fix something that ainít broken . Itís an incredible illusion and works wonderfully Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Youíre absolutely right.

I am the fool who had v1 and ordered v2 and really, the differences are minimal.
Yes, the box is sturdier.
No, the gimmick is exactly the same.
The gimmick is 100% the same. You can use it in v1 and in v2.
If you have the thin card provided in v2, you can use it in v1.

You can also buy the 3 extra gimmicks for v1 which were available for v1, as there is not a single difference concerning the gimmick.

And the reset can be accomplished with a m****t attached to a long stick.

For the newcomers v2 is great.
For the owners of v1. Nothing new here.
Thank you for confirming what I thought Gaz 😊
I agree. I own both and the differences are minimal at best. No real reason to get v2 if you have v1. Magnetic reset is about it. The more I play with it, the more I like it. But I still wish reset was as quick and easy as the Mystery Box.
Vision Box 2.0 is without a doubt a much better version of the original first edition

The advantages are obvious and undeniable and the video explains this quite clearly

[youtube]7idq_qsPpjw[/youtube]
Not from the people who actually have itís not . They are better opinions than a promo of something that they obviously have made to sell . Itís like saying the iPhone XR is a lot different than the iPhone X when basically they are one and the same imo Gaz 😊
I like the 2.0 better. 1.) the lid fits better than the 1st. 2.) magnetic reset. 3.) my favorite part is can be loaded in front of your spectator.
Well thatís money well spent by you Iím pleased you prefer it Gaz 😊
I am starring at version 1 and version 2 as I'm typing this. If you didn't tell me they were different, I would think they were identical. The lid on version 2 is slightly thicker but other than that, the boxes are identical. I tried the magnetic reset with box 1 and it worked. As for being able to load a full card in front of the spectator, that is because of the cards not the box. So if you have the necessary card, you can use it with version 1 as well. So other than the slight thickness of the lid, the only differences between version one and version two appear to be the accessories that come with the box, not the box itself. If someone wants to buy my version 1, pm me. I've never used it.
Thank you Eric for confirming once again that if you have version 1.0 you do not need version 2.0 as they work exactly the same .
I value your contributions on these boards as they are always honest and correct .
Best wishes Gaz 😊
Always happy to help. I canít remember how much version 1 cost but I think version 2 is $15-20 more. You do get a magnetic reset tool and 3 cards (blue, red, blank) with version 2.
[quote]On Dec 18, 2020, corpmagi wrote:

Totally agree with this. Use Sankey's Paperclipped and put it under an inverted wineglass. Same trick, better/easier handling IMO. [/quote]

Just chiming in as someone who has 2.0 only, I wish the the removal did look more natural (and I guess the original must be the same). Also, placing the fingers in the box in that manner and then snapping the fingers out of the box results in two audible clicks, the first louder than the second. The box does look high quality, and I'm enjoying it as a contraption.

The most natural way would be not to use a box, like The Switch by Shim Lim, but this method is difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df1GHW60tuw

Oscar
The removal will take practice but gets more natural with time. You definitely donít need to yank it out of the box in a fast/jerky motion like in the demo. It can be done more slowly and smoothly and the sound is pretty much covered by the real card snapping off the box as you remove it.
[quote]On Jan 5, 2021, ocb wrote:
The most natural way would be not to use a box,
like The Switch by Shim Lim, but this method is difficult
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df1GHW60tuw[/quote]

This would of course be the ultimate method, but must require some hard practice and skill
Is there anything like this but does it with a coin? A super fast switch in the open like that self working?
What getting a signed coin to appear in a clear box that has the same denomination coin in there already ? Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 6, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
What getting a signed coin to appear in a clear box that has the same denomination coin in there already ? Gaz 😊 [/quote]

doesn't have to be signed. if you had two coins that basically look the same, but maybe the writing on one was slightly different when closely examined, something to switch them in the open like that. Just curious
I think with the zero response you have a great platform to create one for the magic market . The only thing I think could be tweaked to do it is the method used on Bob Kohlers lighting box as thatís a very clever method . Could it work with a clear version for a coin ? Possibly yes Gaz 😊
[quote]On Jan 7, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I think with the zero response you have a great platform to create one for the magic market . The only thing I think could be tweaked to do it is the method used on Bob Kohlers lighting box as thatís a very clever method . Could it work with a clear version for a coin ? Possibly yes Gaz 😊 [/quote]

thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at info on Kohler's lightning box
What about the clicking sound it makes?
It feels very suspicious to me. 🤔
Lol what clicking noise 😂😂 Gaz
No clicking on my 2.0
No clicking noise in mine as well
I've definitely overspent recently, but the high praise for this has prompted me to order it.

I'm now torn between berating my weak will and the excitement of this arriving!
Vision 2.0 is exactly what I have been looking for a long time, a stress-free handling

I still have two other transformation boxes but they never satisfied me in handling
I must be missing something here. I've watched the tutorial and played around with it but the supposed, 'Setting up in front of the spectator' option mentioned within this thread, isn't obvious to me right now.
I cannot see the practicality of it. Avoiding exposure, could anyone describe how they achieve that particular part.

Many thanks.
[quote]On Jan 8, 2021, PhantomStranger wrote:
[quote]On Jan 7, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I think with the zero response you have a great platform to create one for the magic market . The only thing I think could be tweaked to do it is the method used on Bob Kohlers lighting box as thatís a very clever method . Could it work with a clear version for a coin ? Possibly yes Gaz 😊 [/quote]

thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at info on Kohler's lightning box [/quote]

You will be very lucky to find one now.
Hi all,

I have just uploaded an YouTube and blog review for Vision Box 2.0

BLOG: https://www.alexmagicreview.com/post/visionbox2

[youtube]-Eb34stlzPw[/youtube]

Enjoy and stay safe.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Mar 2, 2021 11:52AM)
Great review as always Alex. Thanks so much for everything that you do for the magic community.
I received mine last week and have been messing around with it all week. It's not something I would do impromptu to a spectator, but it will work nicely when doing a small event or gathering. I am very happy with the design on this version and am getting ready to test it on my first spectator soon.
Hey guys! I just launched my new review show in English :D I've been doing Magic Reviews for more than 8 years in French now and I wanted a new challenge, I hope you will like my videos, they will be live once a week, on each Friday ! First one is about Vision Box 2.0 by Joao Miranda, I really enjoy this one.

[youtube]Ovug0hQXTAQ[/youtube]