(Close Window)
Topic: Back color change
Hi all!
Is anybody aware of a routine where , say, four blue backed cards turn one at a time into red backed. I'm sure there are tons of those out there, but for my life I cannot think of one! Hence the call to you helpfull Café members...
Thanks in advance, take care!
Gilles
Something like that?

Miracle Jokers:
https://youtu.be/VsByFdH1YUk
or
Color Changing Jokers:
https://youtu.be/HmKZUPVwGTA

Darko
Beautiful work, Darko!
[quote]On Dec 12, 2020, ejohn wrote:
Beautiful work, Darko! [/quote]

Thanks.

Darko
Nice job Darko! Doable close-up?
[quote]On Dec 13, 2020, gillesA4 wrote:
Nice job Darko! Doable close-up? [/quote]

Yes of course.

Darko
Very nice Darko!
Theres also Shin Lims 52 Shades, where 4 red cards turn to 4 blue cards, but it's more of a sudden change instead of one at a time
Here is a performance at around 4:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ba-bjZ43E
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jan 27, 2021 10:10PM)
There is a Hans Trixer item, "Wild, Man, Wild", using Jokers where the backs change. It was a Ken Brooke item - now Steven's Magic.
Hi Jonathan! Thanks for the info, I'm looking for it right now!
They don't become all blue, but the color changes come with a neat move, and they can be examined at the end?!
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14874
Yes, it was in the newsletter this morning, but I'll wait until it's available in (continental) Europe, my last purchase with Penguin took more than 6 weeks to reach Brussels...
I love the routines, Darko. Very slick, well done. Are these original to you (I'm assuming they are given how well you perform them)? I have a very simple switching technique for tricks like yours that use odd-backed cards. It would allow you to end with four normal playing cards. PM me if you're interested.

@Gilles, one of the best versions of this plot is [i]Jesters[/i] by Aldo Colombini. I also have a routine called [i]Quick Change Queens[/i] that uses four regular playing cards if you're interested.
[quote]On Feb 2, 2021, martyjacobs wrote:
I love the routines, Darko. Very slick, well done. Are these original to you (I'm assuming they are given how well you perform them)? I have a very simple switching technique for tricks like yours that use odd-backed cards. It would allow you to end with four normal playing cards. PM me if you're interested.
[/quote]

What do you mean by "I have a very simple switching technique for tricks like yours that use odd-backed cards"?

I don't use gimmick cards.

Darko
I know that you're not using gimmicks in these two tricks. I tend not to use them either as I'm too lazy to replace them when they wear out!

Sorry, my message was unclear. The method I mention would enable you to end with [i]four[/i] blued-backed jokers, or any other four-of-a-kind for that matter. Not necessary at all, but I like to allow people to examine cards that have changed multiple times at the end of a routine like this.
[quote]On Feb 2, 2021, martyjacobs wrote:
I know that you're not using gimmicks in these two tricks. I tend not to use them either as I'm too lazy to replace them when they wear out!

Sorry, my message was unclear. The method I mention would enable you to end with [i]four[/i] blued-backed jokers, or any other four-of-a-kind for that matter. Not necessary at all, but I like to allow people to examine cards that have changed multiple times at the end of a routine like this. [/quote]

In my two routines "Miracle Jokers" and "Color Changing Jokers" the spectator can examine all four cards (without a switch).
I've PM'd you the basic idea. The switch includes the required d****h that makes your two tricks examinable. I would not use the idea if you want to keep your packet tricks self-contained. However, I use the idea a lot in my card magic and it cleans things up, while also providing an extra moment of magic.
Such graceful color changes, Darko. Are they standard ones, or did you make them up? Many of them look like the Erdnase/Houdini change, but I've never seen the latter used with a small packet.

Bob
[quote]On Mar 6, 2021, Bob G wrote:
Such graceful color changes, Darko. Are they standard ones, or did you make them up? Many of them look like the Erdnase/Houdini change, but I've never seen the latter used with a small packet.

Bob [/quote]
Standard color changes.