(Close Window)
Topic: TimeSmith by Benke Smith
Dear Magicians,

I'm excited to announce my new magic app, TimeSmith.
Basically it's an app that supports some hybrid watches (Fossil Q, Kronaby, Withings) as well as the new *SB* Watch by my friend AndrŠs BŠrthŠzi.
It could also support the Turner Watch, if I got permission from Chris Mitchell... lots of TW users were begging him as well, we are still waiting for his response.

For more information please check out the official website:
https://timesmith.info/

...and come join our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/timesmith

The app is still in Beta, I will release it soon in the appstores (iOS and Android). All information can be found on the website, please check out the F.A.Q. before asking questions:
https://timesmith.info/faq

Kind Regards,
Benke
I have a question: I often have the problem that the voice recognition doesnít start. Itís like 1 out of 10 times it works and the other times it simply doesnít stark after saying the keywords. I am very new to timesmith so maybe Iím doing something wrong?
Remember the name

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [b]Benke Smith![/b]

If it comes from inventor, developer [b]***Benke Smith***[/b] then you know it's special, that everything has been thought of, and that you will get top-quality magic for the real working pro! He never disappointed, instead he keeps surprising you with new ideas and added features!!

Love your products [b]Benke Smith[/b] :applause: and your amazing customer service?

Cheers,
John
Very attractive watch! And it looks so completely innocent, like something youíd buy at Target.

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-8LjxnGr/0/05ace9c6/M/i-8LjxnGr-M.jpg[/img]

Mark
App that iíve been looking for a long long time since the first time I bought my own hybrid watch!
Kudos Benke! You are awesome 🔥🔥🔥

Diga
[quote]On Dec 21, 2020, dvno wrote:
I have a question: I often have the problem that the voice recognition doesnít start. Itís like 1 out of 10 times it works and the other times it simply doesnít stark after saying the keywords. I am very new to timesmith so maybe Iím doing something wrong? [/quote]

I'm having the exact same problem. Its annoying as hell.
At the moment itís not working at all. I canít activate the voice recognition. My only option is swiping. Benke, can you help?
For voice recognition settings, please see this page:
https://timesmith.info/settings

...and also this tutorial video: https://youtu.be/CpDw0SBIsHQ

For using voice recognition on iOS, please see this video: https://youtu.be/-Oja5LjYaqI

For Android, I will make a tutorial soon.... the only difference on Android is that if you don't speak, recognition restarts every 2 seconds. As soon as you start speaking, it will listen until you stop.
It's important to speak something else before the first keyword, to make sure the app will be listening.

If you're on Facebook, please join the group and ask your questions there, you'll get an answer much quicker (I'll be checking the Cafť every 1-2 days only):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/timesmith
Yes, I made it exactly as seen in the video. But the voice recognition doesnít react to my phrases. Itís not getting activated.

Edit: Thanks Benke, IĎll check out the FB group!
Love this app and my new SB watch.

I used it last night in a virtual show as a confabulation kicker and the audience loved it.

Benke is passionate about the app and is constantly improving it. (I got it when it was still in the beta stage.)

Bravo!
I received mine today and It's amazing I love it, just got to get use to all the options and waiting for my username and pin to be sent.
Username and PIN is selected by you... it will be used later for the prediction photo effect. You also will have to Sign in with Apple (iOS), or select your Gmail account (Android) and then you can activate the FULL version with the code you receive in email... Or ask for your code in private. :-)
Yes, I made it exactly as seen in the video. But the voice recognition doesnít react to my phrases. Itís not getting activated.

Edit: Thanks Benke, IĎll check out the FB group! [/quote]

Ping me on Messenger, I'll help you with this. :wavey:
Benke, have you heard your good friend Andras mutter anything about producing a pocket watch version sometime in the near future?

Anyone know if itís possible to transplant the watch works from a standard *SB* watch into a pocket watch case?
I would not think it to be that difficult for those skilled in DIY.

Maybe Andras can sell the watch works with no case?
It is possible to take apart and put in a pocket watch case. Someone already has done so successfully. They said maybe next year but its possible to do your own now.
Not only is Benke a genius, he is also one of the nicest guys in this art. I agree with Magic Mark - my SB watch looks so innocent.
SB watch with Timesmith App is a killer combo! The reaction time is almost instant and the watch is super fast to set the time compared to other watches! Great Work by Benke Smith!
[quote]On Dec 21, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:

Edit: Thanks Benke, IĎll check out the FB group! [/quote]

Ping me on Messenger, I'll help you with this. :wavey: [/quote]

Thanks, I did :)
[quote]On Dec 21, 2020, phanindhra wrote:
SB watch with Timesmith App is a killer combo! The reaction time is almost instant and the watch is super fast to set the time compared to other watches! Great Work by Benke Smith! [/quote]
The reaction time of the SBwatch is not faster than the Turner watch. They are approx. the same.
It are all those other things that are far better in the app for the SB watch.
[quote]On Dec 22, 2020, videoman wrote:
Benke, have you heard your good friend Andras mutter anything about producing a pocket watch version sometime in the near future?

Anyone know if itís possible to transplant the watch works from a standard *SB* watch into a pocket watch case?
I would not think it to be that difficult for those skilled in DIY.

Maybe Andras can sell the watch works with no case? [/quote]

Yes, someone already posted a video in the "Time Magic Chat" Facebook group about a DIY *SB* Pocket Watch:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/339988836607018

(search for "Cheapo grandpa clock from Ebay") ;-)
I've just purchased a used Turner Watch (v1) out of curiosity. ;-)
Here are some key differences at first sight, compared to the SB Watch:

- the TW watch face is smaller (I guess 38mm vs 42mm)
- the TW has a seconds hand which never stops (custom time can't be frozen, and battery drains faster)
- watch hands of the black TW are thicker, therefore slightly more visible
- the watch hand movement of the TW is really loud (I can hear it from 2 meters away, while the SB only can be heard from 30-40cm)
- the hands of the TW move about 1.5x quicker
- sometimes the TW reacts to time setting a bit slower

(P.S.: The 2nd edition of the TW has more visible watch hands/face, and users reported that it's very silent.)
Timesmith app + SBwatch = trick of the year !
Hi,

I'm Andras, I'm producing the SB Watch. I'm working on creating the pocket watch edition of the SB Watch. I think in January I'll be able to share some photos of my progress in the TimeSmith Facebook group. I plan to offer a big discount if you already bought an SB Watch from me. :) I'm also working on a free SB Watch firmware update with some unique features, it might come in 2021Q2 if the SB Watch sales go well (so far it is).

Andras
I've also purchased the TimeSmith App which I'm using with my Wilson Remote....it works flawlessly. Super impressed with this App and what it allows us to now accomplish very reliably. PS. I'm using a hybrid watch. Fabulous that the TimeSmith App supports third party devices in this way. Now we have a portable time prediction effect we can all use without touching our phones. This is best in class in my opinion. Well done chaps!
My SB watch arrived today. Itís brillant and I really love it. I also could solve some problems with BenkeĎs help. His service is amazing! Can someone tell me how long the battery will last?
Let me check the FAQ for you... ;-)
https://timesmith.info/sbwatch-faq

What is the expected battery life?

We expect it to be several months, but of course it will depend on the usage. If you'd use it as a regular watch, battery would last more than a year.

What kind of battery does the watch have?

It has a CR2032 button battery, which is the most common type of all.

How difficult is it to replace the battery?

Not difficult at all. It's quite a safe and easy procedure (however, if you're afraid to do it yourself, you can ask a watch repair shop to do it for you). Replacing the battery can be done in a few minutes, as you can see in our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPGbvO8VLrg
Hi BenkeSmith,
I like the looks of the Kronaby Sekel watch and is listed on your app page as compatible. Are there any features on the SB watch that the Kronaby watch will not have through your app?

Also the Kronaby watch has vibration alert so if I was to use your app with the spotted Dice could the watch be used as a thumper, no peak required :-)

Great looking products and idea, :-)
Thank you.
Well, apart from the hybrid look of the Kronaby (not that innocent, but maybe not too obvious as well) there is no downside of using those models. Later I might use the vibration in the Kronaby, and also detect button presses. :D
A total delight to deal with Benke. I had a few hiccups that are now sorted. He reminds me of that super magic dealer Soren from Labco who cannot do enough for you and believes in total customer satisfaction. Its going to be a pleasure watching this app develop. A shout out to Andras too who helped me yesterday. :applause:

thanks
DR
[quote]On Dec 23, 2020, davidredfearn wrote:
A total delight to deal with Benke. I had a few hiccups that are now sorted. He reminds me of that super magic dealer Soren from Labco who cannot do enough for you and believes in total customer satisfaction. Its going to be a pleasure watching this app develop. A shout out to Andras too who helped me yesterday. :applause:

thanks
DR [/quote]

Exactly my experience. Benke is awesome. Amazing what he did for me.
[quote]On Dec 21, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
It is possible to take apart and put in a pocket watch case. Someone already has done so successfully. They said maybe next year but its possible to do your own now. [/quote]
Allow myself to introduce... Myself
Work in progress
First and last post not 100% on topic by me, but connected (pun intended)
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=724343&forum=218
I void warranties, but the SBWatch is perfect disguised as a classy sassy Casio
OMG, is this a working model???? :applause:
[quote]On Dec 25, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
OMG, is this a working model???? :applause: [/quote]

Are you kidding? Of course it's working. :-P
I must have spent around $200 to find the perfect dial, but... worth. every. penny.
Likewise your app. Finally I can use lockscreen, I was going to do it myself but you made my effort useless: I wouldn't have been able to do it better in such record time, across so many models.
It fooled my daughter which knows even when I move an app icon around on my home screen. No kidding.
Oooh wait for the next update where the fake lockscreen will get some new features... ;-)
Finally it will have a meaning. :-D
Iím still a little confused. If the TimeSmith app works with some other hybrid watches. Does it currently work with the Turner? Thanks!
[quote]On Feb 18, 2021, Jason Purdy wrote:
Iím still a little confused. If the TimeSmith app works with some other hybrid watches. Does it currently work with the Turner? Thanks! [/quote]

You should PM Benke to ask about that.

Mark
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, Jason Purdy wrote:
Iím still a little confused. If the TimeSmith app works with some other hybrid watches. Does it currently work with the Turner? Thanks! [/quote]

Yes, and no. Yes, it could work, unofficially. No, it's not supported officially until I get permission from NK (which I've requested a couple of times since last October).
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:

Yes, and no. Yes, it could work, unofficially. No, it's not supported officially until I get permission from NK (which I've requested a couple of times since last October). [/quote]

I understand that Benke wants to do the right thing and get permission from NK before supporting their watch, and I commend him for putting forth that effort. But it now seems like doing the right thing has shifted from getting the creators permission to helping out the many Turner owners who have essentially been abandoned by the creators.

Itís my understanding that NK has not refused Benke's request but simply ignored him in the same way they have always ignored users requests and now ignore users problems. So if doing the right thing is truly the motivating factor it would be a tremendous help to the large T watch community to begin supporting their orphaned product.

Benke, since it is becoming clear that you will never receive a response from NK, how long do you intend to wait before adding t watch support?
Unfortunately it's not that simple.... :hmm:

NK stated on their website that they will return this year and continue/renew the Turner Watch project. I'm not sure what this means exactly and when will it happen, but it seems they have not abandoned the project for good. This also means they won't be happy if I "stole" their users.

On the other hand, if existing TW users would be willing to pay for using my app, that won't hurt the business of NK... :)

Anyway, if someone's interested, please PM me. ;-)
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:

Yes, and no. Yes, it could work, unofficially. No, it's not supported officially until I get permission from NK (which I've requested a couple of times since last October). [/quote]

I understand that Benke wants to do the right thing and get permission from NK before supporting their watch, and I commend him for putting forth that effort. But it now seems like doing the right thing has shifted from getting the creators permission to helping out the many Turner owners who have essentially been abandoned by the creators.

Itís my understanding that NK has not refused Benke's request but simply ignored him in the same way they have always ignored users requests and now ignore users problems. So if doing the right thing is truly the motivating factor it would be a tremendous help to the large T watch community to begin supporting their orphaned product.

Benke, since it is becoming clear that you will never receive a response from NK, how long do you intend to wait before adding t watch support? [/quote]

Its their full right not to want him to integrate. I'd disagree with that decision but they can. It would be wrong to integrate otherwise. They have more watches coming I assume and with that probably new app stuff. I see why they wouldn't.
If they donít respond with a no then whatís the problem ? I am sure Benke wouldnít have asked every other manufacturer of Bluetooth hybrid watches if he can use theirs so they should feel privileged . Are there any other watches apart from the TW that have a second hand that will work with Benkeís amazing app ? Thanks for any help Gaz 😊
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, cardistry master wrote:

Its their full right not to want him to integrate. I'd disagree with that decision but they can. It would be wrong to integrate otherwise. They have more watches coming I assume and with that probably new app stuff. I see why they wouldn't. [/quote]

I agree it is their certainly their right not to grant permission, but itís also common courtesy to reply and not simply ignore reasonable requests. In my mind, that behavior is also ďwrongĒ. If the answer is no then simply say no. But if they were truly interested in growing their business they would be smart to work with Benke. Ignore him at your own peril. But I donít think their personalities allow them to do that. Ignoring Benke is just further proof of their enjoyment of stringing people along.

AFA more watches and app stuff coming, they very well may be dangling that carrot for years to come or for at least as long as it still means anything. Unfortunately NK have proven themselves to be the exact opposite of Benke. They seem to get great joy from hinting at new things and then disappointing their users. I guess they love the feeling of control that gives them.

Now this was all fine when they were basically the only game in town. But that has changed and they will need to pick up the pace soon in order to survive. The time has come for them to put up or shut up. But I think they realize there is no way that they could ever compete with Benke and Andras. To do so would require them to listen to and apply user feedback, something that IMO would take all the fun out of it for them.

I donít expect to be hearing much from NK in the future, other than perhaps a couple more false promises as a last gasp to try and delay the inevitable and remain relevant for as long as they can.
Their only hope is to create and release an entirely new and different product and hope they havenít already ruined their reputations such that no one will trust them.

Now I absolutely hope they prove me wrong and release incredible new updates very soon. I would love that. If they do change their ways I will be the first to come on here and admit I was wrong about them. Anyone care to make a wager?
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
If they donít respond with a no then whatís the problem ? I am sure Benke wouldnít have asked every other manufacturer of Bluetooth hybrid watches if he can use theirs so they should feel privileged . Are there any other watches apart from the TW that have a second hand that will work with Benkeís amazing app ? Thanks for any help Gaz 😊 [/quote]

I don't think that's the same thing. For many all the bluetooth info is available online. It would be like if someone figured out all the promystic communication specifics and made their own reciever and sold it without ever asking Craig. Would that be right? I don't think so.
No , but people have done that time and time again and copied Promystic products ? Anyway who is NK what does it stand for ? I thought it was implying that the TW watch I know what that stands for works with Bluetooth ? Please advise Gaz 😊 ps no more pms please about people selling second hand Turner watches please , I want to know if there are any other watches with a second hand on them that work with Benkeís app
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
...Anyway who is NK what does it stand for ? ... [/quote]
Nobody Knows
Ok thank you so the rumours who they actually are must be unfounded Gaz 😊
I think the kronaby ones do. There are a lot of different styles though
Thank you cardistry master , best wishes Gaz 😊
No other watch models with seconds hand are supported. Also the seconds hand prevents the app to be able to freeze the custom time.
So does the Timesmith watch have a second hand ? The Turner watch does I think and that could work potentially ? Thanks for your response Benke , regards Gaz 😊 ps even a second hand thatís static and doesnít move would look more like a regular watch imho rather than a smart watch . Thatís why I like the idea of a pocket watch as spectators wouldnít know whether that should have a second hand or not
No, the SB Watch doesn't have a seconds hand, but I suppose you already checked out the product photos on the website. :-)
Why doesnít it have one is it a watch you developed or a watch you stumbled upon ? Gaz 😊
Because it drains the battery a lot. The SBwatch is their special one.
When I perform my TimeSmith routine, I tell the spectator that I am pulling out the crown and setting a prediction time. And, if I leave the crown pulled out, it will stop/hold the time at my prediction. I've already performed this routine a couple of dozen times using the Andras/Benke Watch and nobody has noticed or said anything about the crown not looking like it's really pulled out.

NOT having a second hand is a GOOD thing. I fail to understand why the Nobody Cares boys included a second hand in the first place.

The Andras/Benke Watch was designed from the ground up to be used with TimeSmith. It's made by a known manufacturer of Bluetooth watches but there's zero evidence of that fact visible on the Andras/Benke Watch.

Read Benke's lips.... If you own a Nobody Cares boys watch and you want to use it with TimeSmith, PM Benke and let him know of your interest. Don't just post about it in this thread, PM him!

Mark
[quote]On Feb 20, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Why doesnít it have one is it a watch you developed or a watch you stumbled upon ? Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Maybe you didn't get it: having a seconds hand prevents the watch to stay on the custom time... so if you set the time, and you only check it 2 minutes later, the watch will show +2 minutes. This is a problem with the Turner Watch only, as other supported watches luckily don't have a seconds hand (and I can set the same time over and over again every 10-15 seconds, and it will keep the hour and minute hands in place). I can't see why a watch with a seconds hand would look more regular, as most of the non-hybrid watches also don't have a seconds hand.

(And yes, the S/B Watch was designed by AndrŠs and me, and AndrŠs had it manufactured.)
Ok thank you Benke sorry I didnít see your original answer as I scrolled down too far . As I havenít worn a watch for years I didnít realise that most non hybrid watches donít have a second hand anymore either . Therefore I see your point and itís a non issue so thanks for clarifying so the S/B watch it is then for me . I personally think white is best as itís more clear for a spectator to instantly see the revealed time imho Gaz 😊
[quote]On Feb 19, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
When I perform my TimeSmith routine, I tell the spectator that I am pulling out the crown and setting a prediction time. And, if I leave the crown pulled out, it will stop/hold the time at my prediction. I've already performed this routine a couple of dozen times using the Andras/Benke Watch and nobody has noticed or said anything about the crown not looking like it's really pulled out.

NOT having a second hand is a GOOD thing. I fail to understand why the Nobody Cares boys included a second hand in the first place.

The Andras/Benke Watch was designed from the ground up to be used with TimeSmith. It's made by a known manufacturer of Bluetooth watches but there's zero evidence of that fact visible on the Andras/Benke Watch.

Read Benke's lips.... If you own a Nobody Cares boys watch and you want to use it with TimeSmith, PM Benke and let him know of your interest. Don't just post about it in this thread, PM him!

Mark [/quote]

Clearly some people like the second hand. I think the turner watch was also made from the ground up. I think the second hand can be good since itís common on some new watches but for a magic watch I think itís not really needed though. It drains the battery a lot.
Hi guys :)
Still "unofficial", but PM me if you're interested in the TW support for TimeSmith ;)
By the way... the "freeze time" function now works with the TW as well. :goof:

Have a nice day! :)
[quote]On Mar 1, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:

By the way... the "freeze time" function now works with the TW as well. :goof:

Have a nice day! :) [/quote]

Iíve read many times that the second hand on the TW prevents it from freezing on a custom time, including a couple very recent posts here.
But now you say freeze time does work on TW?
When you say ďfreeze timeĒ what exactly are you referring to Benke?
Color me confused.
Benke is saying he fixed that issue, I'd presume.
I have discovered a way to make all the hands freeze after you enter any custom time with any method. Please PM me and I will send you a link... ;)
I have discovered a way to make all the hands freeze after you enter any custom time with any method. Please PM me and I will send you a link... ;) [/quote]

Well, itís about *** time!
LOL, just having fun with ya man.

PM'ed you.
Apple Watch support is on it's way... ;)

https://youtu.be/4Wp773kjCFs
Benke how many times will you continue to prove you are the ultimate genius . You are incredible and continually raise the bar , I canít speak higher of you absolutely brilliant Gaz 👍👍👍😊
[quote]On Mar 2, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Benke how many times will you continue to prove you are the ultimate genius . You are incredible and continually raise the bar , I canít speak higher of you absolutely brilliant Gaz 👍👍👍😊 [/quote]

....AND he is the nicest, and most responsive creator around.
Totally agree rosariorose9 , best wishes Gaz 😊
In a slightly revised quote from above, Timesmith app + SB watch (or any compatible watch, like the Kronaby I own) + great customer service = Trick of the Year!
Please check out this nice review by Craig Petty: https://youtube.com/watch?v=-ERdLBBOgIk
Am I the only magician that feels that, in this case, Craig's review went too far? I am a fan of Craig & Ryland's reviews. And I think I could sort of understand if the method was merely mentioned briefly. But the "review" turns into full-blown exposure.

Mark
Guess youíre not the only one as Craig made a rant about it today.

https://youtu.be/iw2DbmCmHbs
Here's my review all. I've be discussing it Next Thursday live on the channel. As I'm bound to have missed stuff.

[youtube]iPpu6dkpbRE[/youtube]
Brilliant review, thank you Steve!!!! :D
Did my first in-person performance of TimeSmith today. The couple we got together with have both been fully vaccinated and so have we. It was nice to be indoors and close to others for a change.

I used the Wilson remote as my input method. It was in my jacket pocket. I made a point of repeatedly resting my hands in my jacket pockets as we were talking during the earlier part of the day. So, when I put both hands in my jacket pockets while performing the watch routine, they didn't get suspicious. They loved the effect and it definitely fooled them.

Mark
I think if you're worried about timesmith being exposed you should lobby Benke to remove support for non magic hybrid watches. IMO that is much more likely to give it away than some youtube video. But I'm not sure how big of an issue that is. I doubt anyone will watch a 45 minute youtube video and the site gives away the secret anyway. Also Great to hear you're vaccinated!
I think the app came out before Andraís watch so I doubt he will delete it from working from all the hybrid watches he originally developed it for imo Gaz 😊
[quote]On Mar 24, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
the site gives away the secret anyway[/quote]

No, it doesn't.... the TimeSmith website is hidden from search bots, noone will find it unless they know the address. ;)
[quote]On Mar 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I think the app came out before Andraís watch so I doubt he will delete it from working from all the hybrid watches he originally developed it for imo Gaz 😊 [/quote]

No, the app was released in sync with the SB Watch, as it's the official companion app. :)

I won't remove support for other watches, but I still recommend using the SB Watch, it's the most innocent looking hybrid watch of all. :)
If it works and links with the Turner watch now , then surely that will look better with its second hand ? I know you can freeze the second hand with the TimeSmith app on the Turner but does it burn the battery more because of it (the second hand)? I mean ideally is the Turner watch the best combination now with TimeSmith and if not what disadvantages does the TW have ? Thanks for your clarification Benke , best wishes Gaz 😊
A new update is coming for TimeSmith that will have a feature or two that only work with Andrasís watch. Thatís because Andrasís watch has built-in features that other watches donít have. Time (pun intended) to forget about the Nobody Knows boys.

Mark
Thanks Mark I just wished it had a second hand particularly now they have cracked how to freeze it . Thatís the only thing to me that makes it look unconventional . I know some watches donít have second hands but they are far less suspicious looking and donít look Hybrid at all if they do have one imo
Gaz 😊
[quote]On Mar 24, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
A new update is coming for TimeSmith that will have a feature or two that only work with Andrasís watch. Thatís because Andrasís watch has built-in features that other watches donít have. Time (pun intended) to forget about the Nobody Knows boys.

Mark [/quote]

They could add that if they wanted. They probably won't though. Not sure what their future business plan is.

Mark [/quote]

They could add that if they wanted. They probably won't though. Not sure what their future business plan is. [/quote]

Not sure which ďtheyĒ you are referring to, but I was talking about TimeSmith features that rely on electronic features in the Andras watch. The Turner watch doesnít have the necessary electronics built in (at least, not that they advertise).

Mark

Mark [/quote]

They could add that if they wanted. They probably won't though. Not sure what their future business plan is. [/quote]

Not sure which ďtheyĒ you are referring to, but I was talking about TimeSmith features that rely on electronic features in the Andras watch. The Turner watch doesnít have the necessary electronics built in (at least, not that they advertise).

Mark [/quote]

I'm pretty sure with a firmware update the turner watch could do the same thing. I doubt they would though. They don't really have any interest in improving their product.
Does the Turner watch have a built-in accelerometer? I suspect not. Firmware alone can't add one either.

Mark
[quote]On Mar 19, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:
Brilliant review, thank you Steve!!!! :D [/quote]

You're most welcome Benke
The new firmware update from Andras speeds up the movement of the hands (on the Andras watch) when the ďmagicĒ happens. The hands can also move in both directions (like other hybrid watches). Andras shared a video demo, the hands are very quick!

The firmware update will be installed by the magician. There wonít be a need to send the watch back to Andras. Andras expects to release the firmware update in April (no specific target date has yet been given).

Iím very pleased to own a watch and app from creators that truly care about their customers and offer top-notch support of their products.

Mark
Thanks Mark I am presuming all new watches bought say from May onwards will be preloaded with this firmware update ? Best wishes Gaz 😊
Ps I am only holding off this because I believe a new remote input is on the verge of release and thatís the input method I want the most . However I want the best and this new remote is supposed to be a game changer 😊
Andras posted in the Facebook group that his stock of watches is getting on the low side. He plans to order additional stock in April. Once the new firmware has been released, I assume that Andras will preload the new firmware on any watch (regardless of when it was made) before he ships it.

I anxiously await Andras's pocket watch version. I will order it the moment it is available. I will keep the wristwatch too.

Mark
Thanks Mark I too would buy the pocket watch over the wrist watch at a heart beat . Any idea on the possible progression of a release date on that ? Best wishes
Gaz 😊
I havenít read any updated info on pocket watch availability.

Mark
Benke has just updated the app and there's also the new firmware for the watch (Andras's watch). The firmware is being rolled out (slowly, just to make sure there are no problems). I was able to update the firmware on my watch this morning and it is lightning fast now. I wasn't unhappy with the speed of the watch before but now it is really cooking. And still extremely accurate too!

See the TimeSmith Facebook group for details!

Mark
The latest version of TimeSmith has now been released to all TimeSmith customers. After installing TimeSmith version 1.3.27, owners of Andras's brand of watch can then install the latest firmware on their watch.

The new watch firmware not only has the fast mode mentioned above, but Benke has also added a TURBO mode. That's three different speeds for the watch hands.... normal, fast and TURBO. :)

See the TimeSmith Facebook group for details and links to installation guides.

Mark
FYI, the TURBO mode is kind of experimental. It's CRAZY fast but may not be as accurate. But, not to worry, the new FAST mode is PLENTY fast enough. Plus you can also choose whether the hands move in only one direction, or go in both directions. So, FAST combined with both directions is the bomb!

Benke & Andras continue to deliver some of the best product support in the magic business!

Mark
Any news on the pocket watch?
[quote]On Apr 18, 2021, MentalPhilo wrote:
Any news on the pocket watch? [/quote]

Andras posted 4 days ago that there is a bit of a delay in the making of the pocket watch prototype. The factory got something wrong and they have to redo it.

Mark
I managed to 'transplant' a Fossil Q Hybrid watch mechanism into a
vintage looking pocket watch case. It works very well so I think I'll make some more!
https://youtu.be/-SghJxtQcM0
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, 007lookalike wrote:
vintage looking pocket watch case. It works very well so I think I'll make some more!
https://youtu.be/-SghJxtQcM0 [/quote]

This looks very nice! I believe the Fossil Q Hybridís have their logo on the face. Is this present, or were you able to remove it during the procedure?
Message: Posted by: notasperfectasyou (Apr 20, 2021 09:14AM)
I'm definitely interested in buying the TimeSmith app and running it with a Fossil watch. Can anyone tell me:

1) Will the Fossil watches have all the same capabilities as the SB watches when integrated with the TimeSmith app?
2) Will any Fossil Hybrid watch work with the app, or is there a list of the ones that work with the app?
3) I would like to control the watch with my voice and an iPhone. Can anyone comment on the environmental characteristics (surrounding noise) and placement of the iPhone that may be needed to make this consistently workable?

I'm interested in wearing the Fossil watch everyday, and maybe changing it up from time to time. I would want this to be an impromptu "miracle" I could perform on the spot for folks wherever I might be. Thanks for any thoughts you can share. Ken
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, MentalPhilo wrote:

This looks very nice! I believe the Fossil Q Hybridís have their logo on the face. Is this present, or were you able to remove it during the procedure? [/quote]
I removed the Fossil face and used a copy of the pocket watch's original face showing a date of 1876. I used the original hands too.

This looks very nice! I believe the Fossil Q Hybridís have their logo on the face. Is this present, or were you able to remove it during the procedure? [/quote]
I removed the Fossil face and used a copy of the pocket watch's original face showing a date of 1876. I used the original hands too. [/quote]

Amazing! Do you plan on making more to sell them? If so I would be interested! Does it need charging or use a battery? I cantít remember but think the Fossil Hybrid has/needs both. Either way how hard is it to get it the power it needs?

I removed the Fossil face and used a copy of the pocket watch's original face showing a date of 1876. I used the original hands too. [/quote]

Amazing! Do you plan on making more to sell them? If so I would be interested! Does it need charging or use a battery? I cantít remember but think the Fossil Hybrid has/needs both. Either way how hard is it to get it the power it needs? [/quote]
PM'd you.
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, notasperfectasyou wrote:
I'm definitely interested in buying the TimeSmith app and running it with a Fossil watch. Can anyone tell me:

1) Will the Fossil watches have all the same capabilities as the SB watches when integrated with the TimeSmith app?
2) Will any Fossil Hybrid watch work with the app, or is there a list of the ones that work with the app?
3) I would like to control the watch with my voice and an iPhone. Can anyone comment on the environmental characteristics (surrounding noise) and placement of the iPhone that may be needed to make this consistently workable?

I'm interested in wearing the Fossil watch everyday, and maybe changing it up from time to time. I would want this to be an impromptu "miracle" I could perform on the spot for folks wherever I might be. Thanks for any thoughts you can share. Ken [/quote]

Andras's watch has at least one feature that I do not believe exists in other hybrid watches. Namely, an accelerometer. And Benke is planning to use that accelerometer to add some additional effects to TimeSmith.

Seriously, if I was in the market for a hybrid watch, the only one I'd consider right now is Andras's watch.

Mark
Message: Posted by: notasperfectasyou (Apr 20, 2021 03:25PM)
[quote]On Mar 25, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Does the Turner watch have a built-in accelerometer? I suspect not. Firmware alone can't add one either.
Mark [/quote]

Ok Mark - no fair using big words. What's the accelerometer and how is that different than what a Fossil watch does?
I just want the basic effect and the hands to set quick (on a real working watch) with a stealth input remote. I donít need any other features but do want a pocket watch version. I may contact 007 lookalike as his looked brilliant imo Gaz 😊
Actually 007lookalike can you pm me as your pm is disabled. Thank you Gaz 😊
An accelerometer allows the app to detect movement of the watch. Meaning, whether the watch has been tilted or turned.

I foresee the possibility that a time could be set by simply handling or moving the watch a certain way. These movements would be communicated to the app and then the app would send the time. It may be done in conjunction with other devices that Andras has in development (such as GhostMove).

Benke & Andras have made it clear that there will be certain effects and capabilities that will be limited to the watches that Andras sells. It is awesome that Benke is supporting the Fossil and other watches but I believe maximum potential will be dependent on having an Andras brand of watch.

Mark
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
An accelerometer allows the app to detect movement of the watch. Meaning, whether the watch has been tilted or turned.

I foresee the possibility that a time could be set by simply handling or moving the watch a certain way. These movements would be communicated to the app and then the app would send the time. It may be done in conjunction with other devices that Andras has in development (such as GhostMove).

Benke & Andras have made it clear that there will be certain effects and capabilities that will be limited to the watches that Andras sells. It is awesome that Benke is supporting the Fossil and other watches but I believe maximum potential will be dependent on having an Andras brand of watch.

Mark [/quote]

But Iím impatient! I want a pocket watch yesterday.
Message: Posted by: notasperfectasyou (Apr 20, 2021 04:36PM)
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark [/quote]

Thanks Mark. It is a tough choice since I'm not looking for a lot here. I'd be giving up style and options and cost to buy the Andras Watch. I have to think about that.

Regarding the Accelerometer, are you saying that this allows the watch to be held in various positions when doing the "magic"? Whereas a Fossil Watch would have to be held in a specific position?

Also, can you comment on the sort of environment that is needed and how close to your mouth does the phone need to be?

I appreciate the help understanding this. $300 is a lot for a gimmick. Ken
I only want a wrist watch with a second hand otherwise a pocket watch without one. That lets Andras watch down imo and makes it look hybrid. The Turner watch is sh.te as barely it works anymore (it does have a second hand, but there is everyone and his dog selling them second hand) and they have ars.h.les behind the product. We knew that from the start though. So I never fell into that trap, Gaz 😊
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, notasperfectasyou wrote:
Thanks Mark. It is a tough choice since I'm not looking for a lot here. I'd be giving up style and options and cost to buy the Andras Watch. I have to think about that.

Regarding the Accelerometer, are you saying that this allows the watch to be held in various positions when doing the "magic"? Whereas a Fossil Watch would have to be held in a specific position?

Also, can you comment on the sort of environment that is needed and how close to your mouth does the phone need to be?

I appreciate the help understanding this. $300 is a lot for a gimmick. Ken [/quote]

You should really request to join the TimeSmith group on Facebook. Andras posted a video on April 13 that demonstrates the sensitivity of the accelerometer in the Andras watch. It's just a visual sample demo of how tilting/moving the watch can be recorded. But it makes one realize there is a lot of capability built into the design. How that extra capability will eventually be used remains to be seen. I, for one, would rather have the capability available, just in case a very cool effect or routine comes along that requires the capability.

Mark
I think itís guilding the lily I am happy with a miracle
Gaz 😊
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I only want a wrist watch with a second hand otherwise a pocket watch without one. That lets Andras watch down imo and makes it look hybrid. The Turner watch is sh.te as barely it works anymore (it does have a second hand, but there is everyone and his dog selling them second hand) and they have ars.h.les behind the product. We knew that from the start though. So I never fell into that trap, Gaz 😊 [/quote]

The Nobody Cares watch grabbed my attention. I'm a gadget lover and such a watch is right up my alley. But I also got a bad feeling from the start. I never pulled the trigger on a T and I'm REALLY glad I didn't.

As for the lack of a second hand, nobody has noticed. Nobody cares. For my routine, I feign pulling out the crown of the watch to stop the movement before setting my prediction. The watch isn't supposed to be running when the prediction is revealed to the spectator. So, if there was a second hand, it wouldn't be moving anyway. It's superfluous.

I anxiously await Andras's pocket watch. When I receive one, after testing it, the first thing I'll do is start aging the case.

Mark
The second doesnít need to be moving when the time has stopped but it seems ludicrous to me why Andras hasnít added one. My feeling is he would if he could and will in a future updated model. In the meantime time (Greenwich meantime) I have gone directly to 007 and will be ordering his pocket watch because thatís perfect for the routine I have planned. An old pocket watch wouldnít have one ( a second hand) so itís perfect imo whether that has one or not Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: notasperfectasyou (Apr 20, 2021 09:44PM)
I have discovered a way to make all the hands freeze after you enter any custom time with any method. Please PM me and I will send you a link... ;) [/quote]

I'm interested in buying a Fossil FB-01 watch to combine with the Time Smith. Will this discovery work on the second hand of a FB-01 watch? Thanks for your help. Ken
[quote]On Apr 20, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The second doesnít need to be moving when the time has stopped but it seems ludicrous to me why Andras hasnít added one. My feeling is he would if he could and will in a future updated model. In the meantime time (Greenwich meantime) I have gone directly to 007 and will be ordering his pocket watch because thatís perfect for the routine I have planned. An old pocket watch wouldnít have one ( a second hand) so itís perfect imo whether that has one or not Gaz 😊 [/quote]

The watch that 007 uses definitely has a vintage look, but it's not really an "old pocket watch". The 1876 pocket watch is available (brand new) for about $50. I considered installing an Andras watch mechanism in one myself. There are a couple of people that have shared in the TimeSmith Facebook group after putting hybrid mechanisms in pocket watches, a couple of them truly vintage pocket watches.

And second hands were quite common on pocket watches in the late 19th century. In fact, if you goggle 1870's pocket watch images, more of them have a second hand than not.

Charlie Dent installed a Andras mechanism in the 1876 pocket watch (same $50 watch that 007 is using) back in January. All detailed in Facebook group. He linked a page with detailed photos of the conversion and included necessary 3D print files to print a ring that houses the hybrid mechanism inside the much larger pocket watch.

Charlie commented that switching the mechanism to that pocket watch case reduced the Bluetooth range somewhat significantly. But it's still within his required working range, so he was happy.

Mark
BTW, I think the #1 reason Andras decided against a second hand is because, in normal running mode, a sweeping second hand would eat the battery a lot faster. My Andras watch is still at 94% battery on the battery it came with. I purchased it on day one. I know the T watches eat their battery much more quickly than that.

Mark
Coming to TimeSmith... The ability to set/control multiple watches at the same time. Benke shared a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyLJoxJ69m0

Fun!

They will also be able to be controlled independently, changing the time on one without affecting the others.

This multi-watch functionality will be no extra charge for owners of the Andras watch. Those that purchased TimeSmith to use with other brands of watch will have a nominal upgrade fee (per Benke's post on the TimeSmith Facebook Group).

Mark
Regarding the accelerometer (motion sensor) in Andras's watch, Benke has shared a clever idea that was suggested by a customer... In my performance, I feign pulling out the watch crown and feign turning the crown to set my prediction time. This is done with the watch face toward me, of course. But with this new idea, a certain directional tilt of the watch would actually cause the watch hands to move. Thus, this nifty feature (which Benke plans to add to TimeSmith) would allow the magician to show that he is turning the crown and moving the hands.

It is a very clever idea. Benke posted a brief demo video in the Facebook group. He says the tilt position will be customizable.

Another possibility is a which object routine. The magician removes his wrist watch and places it on the table. He places a die next to it and perhaps a business card case. Then he borrows a bill from the spectator which the magician crumples into a ball. He borrows one more object, say, a coin (it could be any small object) and places it on the table too. Now there are 5 different objects on the table. The magician turns his back and instructs the spectator to choose any object and quietly hold it behind his back. Then cover the remaining objects with a newspaper or cloth napkin. The magician can then easily reveal which object the spectator has behind his back. All using everyday objects.

The watch is Andras's watch, the die is a Spotted Die, the forthcoming GhostMove is in the business card case and a 2nd GhostMove gets secretly crumbled into the bill. The coin is just a coin.

Mark

Yes I bought one of these off 007 lookalike right away, its perfect for the scripting I want to use with the app Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: notasperfectasyou (Apr 22, 2021 05:01PM)
[quote]On Apr 22, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

That's cool. How far away can you be using the pocket watch case? Does the pocketwatch case increase or decrease the distance you need from the watch?

Yes I bought one of these off 007 lookalike right away, its perfect for the scripting I want to use with the app Gaz 😊 [/quote]
In answer to the last post it works up to 20 feet away from my iPhone, which is more than ample since my iPhone is in my pocket anyway Gaz 😊
Message: Posted by: notasperfectasyou (Apr 22, 2021 09:01PM)
[quote]On Apr 22, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
In answer to the last post it works up to 20 feet away from my iPhone, which is more than ample since my iPhone is in my pocket anyway Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Thanks Gaz. The idea I'm thinking about would start out with giving the spectator a box in the begining (that has the watch inside) then telling them I'm going to ask them to write down a time after I attempt to influence their thinking. Then they tell me the time they have come up with and show them that there were indeed influenced when they open the box.
Sounds a great idea, thanks for sharing Gaz 😊
Benke has updated TimeSmith once again and there's a new firmware version for Andras's watch. Several new features (in early development) were added. The fake crown turn/hands movement is one of them. Plus, the support for multiple watches.

These guys are an amazing duo. I think they sleep, eat and breath their magic projects.

Mark
Just a quick update I received the pocket watch from 007 lookalike and itís a thing of real beauty.
It works fantastic, looks fantastic and itís highly highly recommended.
I couldnít be more happy with it, buy one if he still has any left.
If you havenít seen it here is the the link again, best wishes Gaz 👍👍😊

https://youtu.be/-SghJxtQcM0
[quote]On Apr 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Just a quick update I received the pocket watch from 007 lookalike and itís a thing of real beauty.

Thanks for that review Gaz. Yes, I have two more available. Please PM me for details?
Benke shared a video on how the fake crown turning works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZONiZ3Qd5ng

Mark
I am having a lot of fun with this, to me the pocket watch makes so much sense with my presentation. Works a charm, I would suggest Andras abandons his failed attempt Mark as the one I have is literally incredible. I am amazed Andras failed in his pocket watch attempt but 007 is truly the man for the pocket watch version. Of course Benke is the ultimate genius and master in app development and one of the nicest guys in magic too . Itís a win win for me Gaz 😊
I donít know where you got the idea that Andras has ďfailedĒ with his pocket watch release. The factory didnít get the crown right on its first prototype and the factory is redoing it. It will eventually be released.

Iím happy you are happy with your pocket watch, Gaz. Me, Iíll wait for the full bells and whistles model.

Mark
Magician performed a clever TimeSmith routine on Italian television. The Andras wrist watch makes an appearance.

https://www.veoh.com/watch/v142112600JJZPaGDS

Yes, itís in Italian but itís plenty easy to understand what is going on.

Mark
[quote]On Apr 24, 2021, 007lookalike wrote:

Thanks for that review Gaz. Yes, I have two more available. Please PM me for details? [/quote]
All four pocket watches now sold, sorry.
I'll post if and when I convert some more.
[quote]On Apr 26, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Magician performed a clever TimeSmith routine on Italian television. The Andras wrist watch makes an appearance.

Mark [/quote]

I've watched that routine several times and I'm unable to detect how he forced the #5 for the Andras watch. Is anyone familiar with that forcing method (a bunch of numbered tags on the end of strings and the spectator choose any string from the bundle)?

Mark
[quote]On Apr 28, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
[quote]On Apr 26, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark [/quote]

I've watched that routine several times and I'm unable to detect how he forced the #5 for the Andras watch. Is anyone familiar with that forcing method (a bunch of numbered tags on the end of strings and the spectator choose any string from the bundle)?

Mark [/quote] It's an idea by Maurice Fogel from his booklet 'Cheating the Gallows'. Think 'sleeves' PM for more info?
[quote]On Apr 28, 2021, 007lookalike wrote:
It's an idea by Maurice Fogel from his booklet 'Cheating the Gallows'. Think 'sleeves' PM for more info? [/quote]

Ahhh, brilliant! Thank you, Mr. Bond!

Mark
I performed a TimeSmith routine for Ring 76's May membership meeting (via Zoom). I just learned that the membership voted me 'Entertainer of the Month' for May! The prize is a $20 Amazon gift certificate and the points go toward 'Entertainer of the Year' to be awarded in July. I'm not sure I have enough points to win that coveted award (I missed 1 or 2 chances to perform this past year) but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you, Andras and Benke for such excellent magical tools!

Mark
Best wishes Gaz 👍👍😊

I'll post if and when I convert some more. [/quote]

I have just completed another conversion of a pocket watch with a Fossil mechanism.
It is a slightly different case and movement to the previous one.
I've posted an unlisted video clip to YouTube link here: https://youtu.be/9XxsB9BDHRs
(Two available)
Please PM me for more details if interested?
Nick
Benke just released a new version of TimeSmith with Pi Revelations integration. Awesome stuff!! See the TimeSmith Facebook group!

Mark
I've seen this mentioned in a number of threads, so I'll ask directly: Benke, have you ever considered/is it possible to make a slightly smaller face, for those of us with smaller wrists? RLee Davis, Mind2Mind Productions Canada
Benke doesnít produce the watches, the SB Watch is made by Andras in Budapest, he would be the correct person to speak to. And he is indeed on the way producing new and different models. Jan
[quote]On Jul 7, 2021, espmagic wrote:
I've seen this mentioned in a number of threads, so I'll ask directly: Benke, have you ever considered/is it possible to make a slightly smaller face, for those of us with smaller wrists? RLee Davis, Mind2Mind Productions Canada [/quote]
There is a range of Fossil Q Hybrid watches in various sizes which are compatible with the Timesmith app.
Some of the 'ladies' designs would be acceptable as a man's watch, just smaller?
Iím glad that Andras is changing the logo on the upcoming watches. The current watch name has been used so much in forums and by retailers, if you Google the watch name and the word magic together, all is revealed.

Mark
Magic Mark - do you know what the new logo will look like? And, out of curiosity, is it possible to change the "preset" times (to times I would prefer)? RLee
[quote]On Jul 7, 2021, espmagic wrote:
Magic Mark - do you know what the new logo will look like? And, out of curiosity, is it possible to change the "preset" times (to times I would prefer)? RLee [/quote]

The new logo is just an icon, no letters so you can't google it.
And yes, you can set preset times that you can cycle between. You can set a function to the crown of the watch. If you press it it cycles between those preset times. You can change those to whatever you want.
I finally added Spotted Dice to my group of tools/props created by the Benke/Andras team. I am super pleased with the wide variety of routines available and the fact that the watch and dice can work together.

Not only can the dice be used to automatically set the time on the watch, even more impressive, the watch can be the "display" to show the magician which color die has which number facing upright. All from a normal looking analog face watch!

VERY clever!

Mark
For those that have the necessary 50 posts to gain access, perhaps a better place to discuss Andras/Benke products more openly:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=37&topic=733956

Mark
For what it's worth: despite the concern (that I shared) that the name would be easily google-able, my wife spent a solid half hour trying to buy me one as a gift based off the description and her recollection of the name only to come up empty-handed.
With its current updates etc, how is the current voice recognition? I know it has been mentioned previously, but wonder what the current take on reliability is. A Scottish accent can be problematic for voice rec at the best of times and for the project I am currently working on, the only easy route would be voice rec. I just love the pocket watch version and am trying my best not to impulse buy regardless.
The voice recognition works brilliant if you have your phone upside down in your outside suit breast pocket.
As I have mentioned before I also have PeekSmith hidden in another covert location which tells me 100% itís worked which is a fantastic advantage.
Thatís not to say it ever fails but it gives you the peace of mind and even a get out of jail card if you ever needed it.
I love it Gaz 😊