(Close Window)
Topic: Double Deception Deluxe Alternative
What are other locking magnetic flippers available other then Double Deception Deluxe? Is the Tango magnetic flipper the same? Thank you.
I made a magnetic flipper "locking" by adding some shim metal from a security tag (the kind you find inside DVD cases) to the inside of the shell portion.
Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm which magnetic flipper do you use? Also, what is the meaning of it being magnetic? Isn't the pull of rubberband on the coin sufficient to pull the part of the coin back? Thanks.
A magnetic flipper has a magnet in it,but it may or may not be held shut by the magnet.

The flipper I modified is part of an original (not Deluxe) Double Deception set, so it's from Mason/Swadling.
Originally it would as you indicated, stay shut due to the strong tension of the rubber band. But rubber bands tend to break and rot, and a flipper that can stay open and lay flat by itself is more versatile, so I replaced the rubber band with elastic cord,essentially making it a gravity flipper. Added the shim, and now functionally it works like the DD Deluxe.
I do have NGF but I am not sure if it has magnet in it. I will check right now. Thanks for the detailed reply.