(Close Window)
Topic: 3 coin trick - highly recommended
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWjEYr0k-t8

3 Coin Trick (similar to hopping half)
Performed by Brian Brushwood
of Scam Nation

I have no affiliation with this site.
I post this because it is too good for fellow magicians to miss.
For those who have not seen his site ... behold, it is an inspiration!

This routine is a "take" on the "hopping half" or "sun and moon" coin routine.
And it costs next to nothing - $2 (or UK equivalent) with instant MP4 download.

Watch the routine, and let me know what you think.
I use this all the time.
This is Gadabout Coins - it's in Bobo and also Ron Bauer sells a script called Gadabout Coins Revisited. Also called Two in the Hand, One in the Pocket.

Jim
I wouldn't call it a take on hopping halves. To the extent that they are similar it's more likely the other way around. Hopping Halves being a way to add more variety and a more open handling to the plot by using gaffs.
Yep, Gadabout Coins all the way here, and like J-Mac says, it's definitely in Bobo's, and I think it's right next to The 3 Coin Trick listed in there, if I'm not too mistaken. I actually have a take on this wonderful old effect that I happen to call, [b]My Grandpa's Famous 3 Coin Trick[/b], exactly as my grandpa presented the old trick to me as a kid. Of course, I use a few more tricky twists & turns to it now, ;) and surprisingly it's become one of my favorite tricks to do for people nowadays, mostly because it's so darn flexible and fun. :)

I've come all this way with this old trick, to fall in love with it all over again, and to better recognize just how complete and wonderful a trick it is...It really is a perfect little coin trick, that incidentally here, doesn't use a trick coin. so how did it get in this part of forest? :D

Anyway, this is one trick that it's the only coin coin trick you have to do to bring about raucous, magical amazement. I will include my version in a new mini-magic book that I'm bringing out in the near future called [b]Gifts From The Old Country,[/b] showcasing some updated takes of some old things shined up and made new again. [I]Stay tuned![/I] ;)
Thanks for the heads up everyone ...
not being a coin worker, I had no idea this was a take on another effect.