(Close Window)
Topic: The Chinese copy of the Losander floating table.
Has anyone had experience with this illusion ? It is listed a variety of prices + shipping. I'd like to buy the original but really I can't.
Talk to Losander. He has many more affordable solutions. I wouldn’t dream of getting a knock off.
So does this mean you're supporting rip-off's and knock-offs? Not cool
[quote]On Mar 28, 2021, ringmaster wrote:
Has anyone had experience with this illusion ? It is listed a variety of prices + shipping. I'd like to buy the original but really I can't. [/quote]

What’s your budget?
Do yourself a favor and buy from Losander, I just bought a refurbished table for $500 from him and its wonderful!. Don't buy from these cheep Chinese company's you will only be disappointed with the quality. we had a magician in our magic club a few years back and he came in and performed an original Losander floating table, a newer magician saw this and came in a few weeks later with a Chinese knock off and as he was performing with it, it fell and broke. The best thing to do is buy directly from Losander. Plus you get the support and help if anything goes wrong. I know the price is a little more then the knock offs but even if you buy a refurbished one, you'll get a quality piece of magic that will last a long time.

Thanks,

Jonah
As the old saying goes... you get what you pay for.
[quote]On Apr 3, 2021, Jonah_Illusionist wrote:
Do yourself a favor and buy from Losander, I just bought a refurbished table for $500 from him and its wonderful!. Don't buy from these cheep Chinese company's you will only be disappointed with the quality. we had a magician in our magic club a few years back and he came in and performed an original Losander floating table, a newer magician saw this and came in a few weeks later with a Chinese knock off and as he was performing with it, it fell and broke. The best thing to do is buy directly from Losander. Plus you get the support and help if anything goes wrong. I know the price is a little more then the knock offs but even if you buy a refurbished one, you'll get a quality piece of magic that will last a long time.[/quote]

Thanks,
Ok, Thanks for the advise.
Just order from Losander early. Its not like ordering from a magic retailer. I'm trying to replace an effect and have been waiting weeks with no correspondence from them.
I will never understand the mindset of buying knock-offs.

If one can’t afford to pay for an original expensive prop then simply perform a different routine. There are plenty of magic tricks which are inexpensive that could fill into the same time slot in one’s show. Then over time when you’ve got more funds then “upgrade” to the prop you’ve always wanted.

The knock-offs wouldn’t exist if people didn’t buy them.