(Close Window)
Topic: Custom Gaffs
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (Apr 11, 2021 07:42PM)
Hi all,

I'm looking to have some custom gaffs made (namely, B'wave double enders with odd backs).

Does anyone have a referal for a custom gaffer?

I used to use Mimises, but saadly that site is down.

Thanks,
Jorey
Message: Posted by: Chessmann (Apr 14, 2021 08:40AM)
Marty Grams (Martini, here at the Café) I believe does custom work. I think Card-Shark does, too. Might give them a try.
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (Apr 14, 2021 12:22PM)
Thanks, Chessman.
Both of those ideas do not provide the service I need.
Message: Posted by: Bill08 (Apr 14, 2021 07:21PM)
A couple of Café members have helped me with gaff work in the past. Poof-Daddy and Kevin Reylek (Mercury52). I think Kevin is at cardgaffs.com Perhaps the Hanrahan Gaff Co might also do that kind of work
Here is a thread on the topic of finding someone with card gaffing skills
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=694785&forum=203
Good luck!
Message: Posted by: Bill08 (Apr 15, 2021 04:50AM)
Don't forget to check out the Slim Card Company as well:
https://www.slimcardco.com
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (Apr 15, 2021 05:07PM)
No go for B'wave gaffs at Slim card Co.
Message: Posted by: CardFan (Apr 24, 2021 02:19AM)
You could contact Yann Hardy

https://www.yannhardy.com/
Message: Posted by: Nikodemus (Apr 29, 2021 05:09PM)
Your profile does not say where you live! USA? This would be helpful to know because of the cost of postage.

Here in the UK, I have found these guys (but never actually used them) -
https://printbymagic.com/custom-printed-blank-back-we-design/

They print onto Bicycle stock. It looks like you can specify face design or back design or both. It looks like they would do the artwork for you for a small extra fee.
There must be similar in other countries.
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (Apr 30, 2021 11:15AM)
If you're referring to me, I live in California.
I'm just looking for someone in the states who can split cards and make me a B'wave card with a different back then what's on it now. I'll supply both cards.
Message: Posted by: videoman (Apr 30, 2021 11:50AM)
Unfortunately I cannot help you Jorey, but wanted to add that Shawn at Mimesis was my go to as well. But he suddenly disappeared. Sorry to see him go.

He made fantastic custom df's and db's. Also oddball things like putting bike jokers on Phoenix backs (hate Phoenix jokers with a passion.)

He made me a ton of odd backed cards for various packet tricks and his fluid gaffed decks were the absolute best I’ve ever handled.
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (Apr 30, 2021 02:51PM)
[quote]On Apr 30, 2021, videoman wrote:
Unfortunately I cannot help you Jorey, but wanted to add that Shawn at Mimesis was my go to as well. But he suddenly disappeared. Sorry to see him go.

He made fantastic custom df's and db's. Also oddball things like putting bike jokers on Phoenix backs (hate Phoenix jokers with a passion.)

He made me a ton of odd backed cards for various packet tricks and his fluid gaffed decks were the absolute best I’ve ever handled. [/quote]

100%
Message: Posted by: Tom G (Apr 30, 2021 08:14PM)
I can't remember his name correctly on here but KevinReylek makes gaffs.
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (Apr 30, 2021 10:33PM)
Thanks, but I don't know that member.
Message: Posted by: KungFuMagic (May 5, 2021 12:27PM)
I am here to praise Martini Magic and his work. I just yesterday picked up 4 that I asked him to make. His craftsmanship is pretty darned impressive. Unless someone is burning that card by itself (or I flash), they'll NEVER see the telltale signs. The MOST AMAZING part was that the absolutely armoured the package for shipping. IT would have to go through a shredder to take on any damage. That sort of attention to protecting the purchase ... along with the truly remarkable workmanship ... means I will keep him top of my list for future needs.
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (May 5, 2021 02:12PM)
[quote]On May 5, 2021, KungFuMagic wrote:
I am here to praise Martini Magic and his work. I just yesterday picked up 4 that I asked him to make. His craftsmanship is pretty darned impressive. Unless someone is burning that card by itself (or I flash), they'll NEVER see the telltale signs. The MOST AMAZING part was that the absolutely armoured the package for shipping. IT would have to go through a shredder to take on any damage. That sort of attention to protecting the purchase ... along with the truly remarkable workmanship ... means I will keep him top of my list for future needs. [/quote]

Are we talkin a B'wave card here?
If so, did you have to supply the cards? If not, were you able to choose a back design? I didn't see that option on his site.
Message: Posted by: Chessmann (May 5, 2021 02:46PM)
[quote]On May 5, 2021, KungFuMagic wrote:
I am here to praise Martini Magic and his work. I just yesterday picked up 4 that I asked him to make...[/quote]

I sent him an email a few weeks ago and never heard back. Maybe I should have used the contact form on his website - I'll try that. Glad to know he is still working.

EDIT: I attempted to use the contact form on Marty's website, but got an "Invalid Form Code". Tried both Firefox and Edge. Sent another email. Hope to hear back, as he's done work for me in the past and it was sterling. Nice man, as well.
Message: Posted by: Nikodemus (May 9, 2021 03:32AM)
[quote]On Apr 30, 2021, afinemesh wrote:
If you're referring to me, I live in California.
I'm just looking for someone in the states who can split cards and make me a B'wave card with a different back then what's on it now. I'll supply both cards. [/quote]

Hi Afinemesh,
Not sure why you only want to get the card made by splitting? If you can't find someone to do that, maybe you can find somewhere to get it printed instead.
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (May 9, 2021 10:15AM)
Hi Afinemesh,
Not sure why you only want to get the card made by splitting? If you can't find someone to do that, maybe you can find somewhere to get it printed instead. [/quote]

I eagerly await your recommendations. . .
Message: Posted by: KungFuMagic (May 9, 2021 04:48PM)
[quote]On May 5, 2021, afinemesh wrote:
[quote]On May 5, 2021, KungFuMagic wrote:
.... That sort of attention to protecting the purchase ... along with the truly remarkable workmanship ... means I will keep him top of my list for future needs. [/quote]

Are we talkin a B'wave card here?
If so, did you have to supply the cards? If not, were you able to choose a back design? I didn't see that option on his site. [/quote]

I wanted red and blue Bicycles, so no need to supply cards. I cannot imagine it would be difficult to arrange for alternate cards to gimmick. I forgot to send a details message through paypal when checked out, so I left a voicemail and also an email (sent it like 3am on a Sunday) and got quick reply next day from "Bridget" (his daughter). martinismagic@hotmail.com Cannot speak to recent less responsiveness.

I might actually approach him for a couple Jumbo size card gaffs later this summer. See if he has stretched that talent big before. LOL
Message: Posted by: afinemesh (May 19, 2021 12:01AM)
Ok, so I worked out a deal with Drylid. That's his username here.

I sent him a double ender and another card that had the back design I wanted.

Drylid made a very nice B'wave gaff for me. Totally happy with his work.
Price was right as well.

It's not my place to say whether he's open for business or not, but PM him and see what happens.

Recommended!!

Jorey
Message: Posted by: Drylid (May 19, 2021 08:30PM)
Glad you are happy with the gaff.