(Close Window)
Topic: Tenyo 2022
Anyone have the photos and English translation of Tenyo 2022 tricks?
Nothing yet but I have seen the 5 new releases for 2022. Looks like one or two may be interesting but does not look like a great year for them.

My opinion may change when I know more about them and see demos.

Nothing like 4D Cross if you know what I mean. The 2019 lineup was for me, spectacular!
Any links to tenyo 2022 photos available?
I hope "Phone Appetit"is not one of them: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S32180
Looks really bad lol
[quote]On Sep 14, 2021, papawemba wrote:
I hope "Phone Appetit"is not one of them: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S32180
Looks really bad lol [/quote]

It is one of them.
Phone Appetit;
"While wearing a face mask, he EATS a phone"???? WT*?
I know it's not fair to judge without having seen it, but the concept is just, well,,, HARD PASS!
And is just me, or is that mask 'Really Scary?"
To be filed under what were they thinking?" LOL :rotf:
Richard Kaufman posted pictures of the the new 2022 effects in the Facebook group. No videos yet...it seemed liked a weaker year.
A vid of WILD SHOCK :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8paxixGM4X8

And the Phone thing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv9vuI8vfmI
So Wild Shock is just Wild Card with a forcing deck?
Looks like they are really reaching this year. There is still hope with the other two they are releasing. The demo will let us know.

Keep your fingers crossed!
If it helps,

Tenyo 2022 line-Up

T-298 Wild Shock 1,980 yen
T-299 Phone Appétit 1,650 yen
T-300 Blink Bank 1,760 yen
T-301 Flash Cube 1,980 yen
T-302 Future Photo 2,200 yen

Japanese Retail Price (Tax inclusive) Indicated.
Maybe Blink Bank and/or Future Photo will be interesting to some degree. Not the good old clever plastic props we love though.

Flash Cube looks like one to perform for children.

I think I will go play with my 4D Cross now. Now that is great Tenyo!
Https://youtu.be/bKpSQ0eQZfs

Should start at the demos but otherwise go take about 25:30.
While I agree that there don't seem to be any of the clever props that Tenyo has put out in the past, I will reserve judgment until I get this year's group in my hands and play with them for a while. One thing that I have noticed is that for a while, Tenyo effects were increasing in price quite a bit and they know seem to be much more reasonable (for what they are). I guess I'm not as likely to be quite as critical if the price is fairly low. Most of my audiences are kids so that does impact how I look at things.

Dave
The wild animal cube seem pretty good !
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Sep 26, 2021 09:25PM)
Flash Cube seems interesting, but I already have Instant Portrait, so it is a pass for me. Blink Bank may be something I can use, maybe Blas a starting phase of a Fast Cash type of routine...The dollars appear using Blink Blink, followed by bill transformations using other methods.

Future Photo seems interesting, but I think a spectator can easily backtrack the method when looking at the photo... Wild Shock...I rather do a Wild Card routine using Bikes and another method...And Phone Appétit gives me coulrophobia (the fear of clowns)... 😀
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Sep 26, 2021 09:29PM)
[quote]On Sep 25, 2021, Frank Yuen wrote:
Https://youtu.be/bKpSQ0eQZfs

Should start at the demos but otherwise go take about 25:30. [/quote]

Thanks for the link Frank... I did enjoy watching the 2022 lineup...
I just can't believe that Tenyo would have a worse year than last. The "effects", if you really want to call them that, from last year were IMHO the absolute WORSTE that Tenyo ever released. If this is again a terrible year, and I do hope they monitor this thread, they need to do something about it. I just saw one of the "new" effects and it is Wild Card being sold at Pengiun for $13+ dollars. And that is a discounted price. I am stumped. I have no words, really, Wild Card?????
I believe that the explanation is simple. Some years, their creative team comes up with great ideas and other years, they run dry.

Until we have the new releases in our hands, we cannot come to certain conclusions.

The new ones do not look very promising to me right now but that may change. A really good demo or receiving them and finding out that they are pretty good after all can occur. It has certainly happened before!

So, do not panic yet. Let us see what the next 3 releases on their way are like before we come to conclusions.
At the end it is not that bad, even good I may say !
I find Flash Cube very nice and it is examinable (great !). Very good for children. But it does not show complete routine so...
Blink Bank is very impressive, looks like a trick photography.
Future Photo is also interesting, but better if it could be repeated but I doubt it. Also the process is probably well knows but there are alternatives.
I guess let’s wait for the reviews 😊
Blink Bank looks more like a special effect than an actual mystery, sort of like the Botania. Hey, I could pop up a picture of flowers from it!
(I'm kind of kidding around here. I'll still get it.)
I wonder if a couple of the thin metallic acetate/mylar flowers would fit in the top. I would have a picture of a flower pot production.
The Cash 2022 looks super visual:
https://youtu.be/TG0uVDYdJWs
So Blink Bank is called The Cash 2022 now?
Oh wow. Just looked up Blink Blank and that is indeed the exact same trick. All they’ve done is rebranded it.
Flash Cube does look a nice piece of magic.
Just seen Flash Cube and really like the look of that. looks like a cool piece of Magic.

Phone Appetit, really ! Its terrible, what where they thinking ! I love clowns, but hate face masks. This could only be performed as a gag surely ! Or possibly as a Joker themed effect, As a bizzarre magic performer..now come to think of it...thats not a bad idea ! In the spirit of Joaquin Phoenix's Joker.
This year is pretty diverse. I'm surprised considering we are still in COVID and last year was a pretty thin lineup. figured the same would be this year.

Wild Shock is a really different card trick involving the typical 52-card deck that they've released in a while (it's pretty much been predictions for a while, and we now have a production). Might give this one a shot.

The Cash looks fun to use, but the effect is really fast, so it seems like you have to accompany it with something else.

Future Photo looks really fun to build a routine around.

Flash Cube I'm not entirely into, but I'm only getting it because I want to get the Mini-Generator trick from SEOMagic, and it comes with the bundle with Future Photo, Cube, and The Cash.

Phone Apateit has the best name of the whole lot. But it's one of those joke tricks like the Fork Bending trick Tenyo put out a while ago--and the Giant Ear, IIRC (it's on SEO's site). I get that it looks like a fish out of water here--and that we haven't had a joke trick introduced in a T-line in like...ever? It's different; it's variety.
OK, it probably won't form part of many magic routines but 'Cash' is a little gem. It works just like it does in the video and I've had great fun using it when paying for drinks at the bar.
I got Flash Cubes recently, and it is more of a sleight of hand than I expected.
Is anybody having an issue with The Cash where the gimmick doesn't fully activate, and ends up out of position?

Evan
[quote]On Oct 31, 2021, thecromulent wrote:
Is anybody having an issue with The Cash where the gimmick doesn't fully activate, and ends up out of position?

Evan [/quote]
The flap at bottom of your envelope might been folded too tight. If you look at the flap, you will see not one but two score lines where it is to be folded. They allow a clearance of 3ml.
[quote]On Nov 2, 2021, maklakmak wrote:

Evan [/quote]
The flap at bottom of your envelope might been folded too tight. If you look at the flap, you will see not one but two score lines where it is to be folded. They allow a clearance of 3ml. [/quote]

Excellent observation!
[quote]On Nov 2, 2021, maklakmak wrote:

Evan [/quote]
The flap at bottom of your envelope might been folded too tight. If you look at the flap, you will see not one but two score lines where it is to be folded. They allow a clearance of 3ml. [/quote]

Wow, nice catch! This seems to help a bit, but the gimmick still isn't ending up quite where it needs to be.

Evan
Gone are the days of great inventions and mini props from Tenyo. The Wild Shock is just the Wild card trick from many years ago... The Cash envelope one was performed by a youtuber a number of years ago and works the same, the cube one looks very similar to the portrait blocks trick they released a few seasons back, does involve sleights so is not automatic that the animal appears!!!, the phone eating gag is laughable and embarrassing. Finally the photo thing.. Am I right in thinking there was a trick released type of app that could have a pre-determined card appear in the background of a photo taken? (the name slips my memory at the moment)...
Nothing inspiring or really original for me, Ill give them a miss.
HOWEVER, Im sure there will be some who have not stumbled across any of these earlier tricks before, especially if you're new to magic, and Im sure you'll love these effects.
Roll on next years releases!
Fully agree MarkyMark