(Close Window)
Topic: Mid-air Messaging
Nokia is making a mobile that lets you write short text messages in mid-air.

Any great ideas how best one can make use of this feature in MAGIC :question:

Here is the [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3769447.stm][b]LINK[/b][/url]

:xmas:
Well, to state the obvious it can be used for card prediction/revealation.

I will try to think of some others as I am fond of phone tricks!

M
It seems as if the application for a very powerful effect is here. Wish I could think of one! Seriously, this could be something really cool.
Can use this to prompt assistants and volunteers onstage for some things
The vibration rather than ring mode on current cell phones could also provide a signal to the mentalist
Why vibrate when you can display a message in mid-air... unless you like the feel of morse code?
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
I love the idea. I see lots of applications. You could prod the audience for applause etc, in a comical way. Is there a mobile device that does this that isn't a phone?
Lots of them! There's the spinning message wand: http://www.lightgod.com/store/product.asp?id=3344&catid=760 as well as a number of them that are waved back and forth. I bought the Flying Message Disk from Stupid.com several years ago: It's a programmable frisbee that leaves words behind in the air as it flies but I've never figured out how to catch it without shredding my hand on the sharp LED lights. That's why it never sold big and ended up on Stupid.com in the first place!
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jul 27, 2004 05:01PM)
There is a wand, hand held thing for safety purposes.

The guy who invented this kind of text display patented the basic timing and coding algorithms, wanted this to be useful to folks stranded on the road at night...