(Close Window)
Topic: Bi-Section
Hi,
I just bought Bi-Section and put it together. I was wondering if anyone had any different ideas for presentation.
I would be interested to see if anybody likes it.
I don't think there is really too much more you can do with this trick.
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Jun 28, 2004 05:14PM)
Use your imagination and there is so much more you can do with it. Play around with it and you will see.
It lends itself very well to routining.. you start clean, end clean and have a nice wow effect in the middle. Try and think of other related things you can do with the sheet or around the theme of making body parts vanish.
I think you could do it with the sub trunk while standing on top about to do the switch you lift the curtain up and instead of your assistant there you vanish half your body then when you reappear you body say oops wrong trick. This will probably get a laugh. then go ahead and to the switch. Hopes this helps.
Sandman
If you have read Harry Potter, think SPLINCHING
How about this: Do it surrounded! Use a hoolahoop and turn it into a circular curtain. How about a costume change as well? State that you are going to change your appearance...when you come back up you have a totally different shirt/jacket on!

or

Your on stage with your two beautiful assistants. You invite someone up on stage and hand them a sword. At this point you can do a couple of different things...you can have your assistants cover you with a large cloth and have the volunteer stab your upper part (just hope they don't make a mistake! how about coloring the cloth?) and then they lower it to show half your body gone...or start out with a pocket sawing in half and then have your assistants cover you. Have the volunteer cut through the cloth (mark it so they know where to cut!) and your assistants lower it to show your body is gone! If you attach the gimmick to the cloth somehow so that it is hidden when the cloth is raised, you can even show your upper body! But then again...that's more stage.....how about doing it with a friend as your assistant while walking around...take out a pocket knife or something and have your friend cover you with something...I wouldn't reccommend a jacket for this one, unless you don't mind :P. Let your imagination flow...even if it sounds IMPOSSIBLE to you...write it down! You'll surely find something that suits you. Good luck!
Peter Loughren has a new illusion out called Head Rush. I think it's like Bisection with your head. Do the two together.
You could also do something like lightstorm by Andrew Mayne to cut thru your body before the upper half vanishes, you could also rig the gaff with smoke cotten.
Combine Division to cut yourself. Pocket sawing to further separate yourself. Then bisection to vanish half your body. A gratutitous sawing-in-half routine. And I do not think Peter's head rush is anything like bisection. The effect is closer to pocket sawing.

Brian
Has anyone tried the HEAD RUSH illusion and if so, is it any good or effective
It comes out today! I'm still debating on wheter I will spend the money or not.

Brian
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Jul 16, 2004 11:24PM)
It looks amazing. But still waiting on review. He has some neat stuff.

Michael
I love it, I just need to sit down and build it. I have known how it works for a long time, but I bought it a few weeks ago. Using a jacket will take practice as oposed to a curtian. I think it is amazing.

Brian
I agree...Andrew Mayne's effects are really amazing.
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Jul 19, 2004 03:03PM)
Well, let us know how the head rush goes. Good luck.

Michael
Sorry, I was talking about Bisection. My parents have been getting on me about spending money. They are getting tired of driving me to the magic shop a few times a week to volunteer. They are trying to get me to save for a car.

Brian
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Jul 20, 2004 03:26PM)
Well if you save for a care then you can go to the magic shop more then a couple times a week. then sve up for some magic and get them when you have the money. Best of luck

Michael
I am looking to use Bi-Section for a Halloween gag. The instructions are unclear as to how to best secure the various components of the gimmick, particularly how to bond metal to fabric.

It seems to imply hot glue will work. Just looking to confirm before I goop it all up. Any recommendations?
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Sep 30, 2004 02:27PM)
I used gorilla glue. That is the best for fabric to metal. You can find this product in any major hardware store. Pm me if you need to know more.

Michael
Hey Scott, I made my bisection with just cardboard and duct tape (no metal)and it is lighter that way. Also I used a very big needle and fishing line to secure the pants to the gimmick.
hope this helps
johnny
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Sep 30, 2004 02:34PM)
I use the metal bar and it is fairly light. I find that useing the metal part creates a better h*p structure.

Michael
Hey Scott, I made my bisection with just cardboard and duct tape (no metal)and it is lighter that way. Also I used a very big needle and fishing line to secure the pants to the gimmick.
hope this helps
johnny
Thanks all. Ill work it up this weekend and see
I didn't like it initially but with some tweeking of the gimmick I was able to make it fit to my liking. Cool effect if you can get it right.
I thought up a routine for a vanishing machine illusion. It vanishes only part of the body at a time. I thought if you made a bisection like gimick for vanishing head and then the regular bisection gimick. It would be a cabinet with a cloth that rolls down ward and then back up for each vanish of head, upper torso, then full body. the gimicks could be ditched inside the cabinet when you make your full vanish. It could be as simple as a pvc frame with cloth sides and someone pulling a cable to raise and lower from panel. Just something I have been thinking for longer routine.~Tim
I don't rember where I heard this idea from but how about you drinking a specil liquid that makes your body vanish but it only goes halfway through your body.
Anybody got any videos of pocket sawing?
Johnny
Here is a link to a video with pocket sawing in half

http://www.themagicoftor.com/Videos/cut.wmv

Michael
Michael, the link doesn't work for me ..?
Thanks anyway.

Any other vid clips anyone?

Johnny Mystic
I have an idea for the Bi-section. If you have the Bi-section and another assistant, please let me know, I will send you my idea in an email.
vj022@aol.com
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Oct 16, 2004 11:10PM)
You can some what get videos off of his site at

http://weirdthings.com/plans.htm

Sorry for the other link not working

Michael
Hi vjo22 I have two assistants and the bisection booklet that I got from Hocu pocus. My Id is raaganiki@yahoo.co.in.
Cheers