(Close Window)
Topic: Fism Flash
I was wondering what effects or routines you guys use your Fism Flash in. I am trying to figure out the best way to utilize the device. Any ideas.
There is an effect in Roadkill that utilizes the flash. Sorry, I don't think I am allowed to say more in this area.

Peace,

Rannie
I know the one you are refering to. Its an amusing idea.
I do a "Flurry" routine (produce, vanish, reproduce a coin). In the end I produce any number of coins they wish (wink wink): "There, it's done, thank you..."

But I immediately warn them to never squeeze too hard on those new coins, "...or they all melt together." As I say this, I do squeeze both hands together really hard and the FF flashes (thank you, very much, John Cornelius...what a great product!)

Then I show the result of my magic faux pas: one jumbo coin.

I always thought the Flash was a perfect addition that took some nonsense up a notch.

Steve H
I have an old flash that works but the glass of the bulb is broken...Does anyone know how to fix it.
Also, has anyone tried the fism flash-like products sold now? I think one is on Hocus Pocus..Are they any good??? ROY
Here's my idea.

I created an effect that uses a number of USA state quarters and I use the FISM Flash for the Maine quarter which has a lighthouse on the tail side

I show the lighthouse, hold the quarter in my left hand by the edge with my first finger on the top edge and my thumb on the bottom edge, I slowly rotate it using my right first finger, and as the lighthouse directly faces the spectators I activate the FISM Flash and keep slowly rotating the quarter.

The effect it that the light from the lighthouse flashed in the spectators' eyes. By itself it's not the most amazing effect in the world, but it gets a good reaction in the context of the entire routine.

Larry D.
Use an old flash cube that is spent,then restore it,I think I saw John C. demo it like that when he first released it.
I use my FISM Flash in the vanishing of a cage of doves. It fires just as the audience sees my arms spread, the cover cloth is in the air and that the cage is gone. They ask about it later. (I never tell the lighting engineer what I'm doing either. It really bothers them!) "You must have seen it vanish."

Bob
Magic By Sander
I've used FISM Flash to produce silks then from the silks a dove,thats is if you want to produce or vanish a silk.
FISM flash has to be activated by your hand I believe?
When they were first released years ago...the flash was activated by a toe switch.
I purchased one last year "Flash Burst" at: http://www.magicwarehouse.com It's activated with a toe switch!...very well made.
Gerard