(Close Window)
Topic: Where to get FASDIU 1 by Paul Cummins?
I am sad to hear that Paul Cummins passed away last year.

Can anyone suggest how to obtain his FASDIU 1 book? I looked at his website, but it looks like the ordering page has been removed. I presume this is because his family don't want to process orders for his products. I also looked on the Lybrary website, but can't find it listed there.

Actually what I am specifically interested in is "Personal Slop" - his Slop Shuffle version of Triumph. I have read many comments on the Café that if you want to do a SS Triumph, Paul's is the one.

Thanks
Nick

PS. I believe Personal Slop is different from his table sloppy shuffle in True Triumph
Before you track down a copy of FASDIU, are you sure it's called Personal Slop? Perhaps I'm mistaken since it's been awhile since I've cracked it open, but I don't recall an effect called Personal Slop. I do recall a triumph routine, but I don't think it used the slop shuffle. My memory isn't known to be a strength so perhaps somebody near their library can confirm?

(By the way - I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a copy for sale online today without any luck. Perhaps post in the "Let's Make a Magic Deal" section and ask if anybody is looking to part with their copy? I'll let you know if I find anything.)
Yes, Paul's Triumph using the slop shuffle is called "Personal Slop". There are two Triumph handlings in FASDIU 1.
[quote]On Oct 13, 2021, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Yes, Paul's Triumph using the slop shuffle is called "Personal Slop". There are two Triumph handlings in FASDIU 1. [/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up! I must've been thinking of the other...
My notebook says 'Personal Slop' was in FASDIU 2, but I'm not near my copies to confirm.
Just got my Son to check, it's page 20 FASDIU 2
Sorry, but page 20 of FASDIU 2 contents a version that is called A Total Triumph...

the confusion can base on the fact, that "...from a shuffled deck in use..."(1) is divided into two parts...and in part two is "Personal Slop" on page 20, so, to sum it up: "Personal Slop" is (at least in my set (4th Revision, 4/1/99)) in the second part of "...from a shuffled deck in use..." (and that is not FASDIU II !).

Hope that helps a little bit!

All the best,

Axel
I'll have to write better notes!
Sorry for the confusion.
😳
In order to redeem myself 😃 there is also an 'updated' version of Personal Slop' by Paul Cummins in the Jack Parker/Andi Gladwin book - Magicians Ltd Cookbook.
Thanks for all the replies.
Thanks too to a couple of people who PM'd me and were willing to answer my questions.

For anyone else interested in Paul C's slop shuffle - it seems he didn't add anything to the slop shuffle per se. His contribution was to follow it immediately with another (different) shuffle to act as a kind of convincer. I won't say exactly what, but it is a well-known technique for Triumph style effects. I believe it is used in Last Man Standing by John Bannon.