(Close Window)
Topic: James Lewis' One Coin Triple Change Spellbound
I bought James Lewis' "Million Dollar Mysteries" video a couple of years ago. it has many great ideas for close up magic. My question is that there is a spellbound routine that is included in this video that is performance only. I watch the performance several times and it has me completely baffled. If anyone could give me a source where I could find the routine, it would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Steve,
Hello, I have the video also and I don't think Mr. Lewis has ever released that part of the routine. If I remember right the spellbound bit is the first phase of his C/S/B routine.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it's ever been released. Although if you watch the video carefully you can figure it out. But I suggest that you seek out other published routines, and just enjoy watching Mr. Lewis' routine.

Best to you
Joe
After watching that opener several times I finally figured out what he's doing; it's [b][i]very[/i][/b] clever!
You can always go for Curtis Kam's spellbound from his Palms of Steel series , it's in vol. 1 if I'm not wrong.
James uses a sleight that has become popular just recently! It's quite a challenge to figure out what he's doing. Absolutely beautiful routine!!!
I just watch the routine again and I can kinda piece together what he is doing. I know that he is using a CSB coin and I am pretty sure I know where the coin is being secretly held when not in use. The problem I have is how to get the coin into those positions.

Thanks mystre71 for the suggestion of seeking other published spellbound effects, but I just can't sleep when some of these guys put out amazing effects on video and they are performance only. I think this is the best and cleanest spellbound routine I have seen.

I think I will take sniper's advice and go with Curtis Kam's Palms of Steel. I got the second and third the other day so this will complete the collection.

Is the spellbound routine from Palms of Steel 1 a three way change?

Steve
~Still wishing Mr. Lewis published that routine
Yes

Chinese coin to silver coin than back to Chinese than to copper and going back and forth while twisting the coin at the finger tips.
If you look in Kainoa's book [i][b]Coins on Edge[/i][/b] you can find some nice options using Edge Grip and ... well the J.W. Grip is kind of a natural to use for some things.
It's simply a technique that I taught James almost 25 years ago...if you watch the credits at the end of the tape...you will see my name mentioned....YEA!

Mike
If it is the routine I am thinking of, you can find it with explanation on the tape - Stars of Magic David Roth Vol. 2.

Eddie