(Close Window)
Topic: SWAMI MANTRA
Are the tricks in this book by Sam Dalal safe and practical?
There is a wide variety of effects in Swami/Mantra. Some of it is neither safe nor practical, which is why dealers are not supposed to sell it to anyone under 18. I certainly wouldn't recommend the book to a beginner.

Jim
Thank you for your advice. Anyway can most of the tricks be performed without much danger? Are the tricks suitable for stage magic?
The book has a wide variety of stuff, from benign card tricks, to truly dangerous stuff like eating razor blades. I would say that most of the effects can be performed without danger. But it's the dangerous stuff Swami-Mantra is best known for. I'm sure that there are things in Swami/Mantra that could work in a stage presentation, but there are probably better sources of information for stage magic.

Jim Morton
I agree with Jim, although I'm a huge fan of the book myself, even I wouldn't try HALF the stuff in this book. If you decide to pick up this book, PLEASE only use this book for information only.

Don't do stuff like this, a lot of the material you only get the chance to flub once. :rotf: