(Close Window)
Topic: Assistant Help
I have been doing card manipulation for about 7 months. I just recently got an assistant. I was wondering if there was any way possible I might be able to incorporate my assistant with my card production routines. Thank you in advance.
There are a few performers that use an assistant for card manipulations. Jeff Sheridan uses a volunteer from the audience that is very effective. The assistant holds the bag Jeff works out of. He removes cards and drops produced cards into it.

Goldfinger and Dove have a great card routine where they work together. Same type of thing as Jeff's, but there is a lot more dancing and choreography going on.

I would suggest you experiment and see what works for you. It may take some time, but the effort will be well worth it.
Is this a straight or comedy routine? It has a lot to do with how the assistant "helps" you.

In a straight routine, the asistant is always in the right place. In a comedy routine, the assistant is always in the wrong place.

Bob
Magic By Sander
You could always show your asst. some moves and you two could pretend to toss invisible cards across stage!