(Close Window)
Topic: Hoffman Coin Chest
Do any of the Café Members have experience with the reproductions of the classic Hoffman coin chest made by George Richbark & Co. or Owen Magic Supreme. Are there any other manufacturers currently producing these.

Bailey
Bailey,
First, a caveat... George Richbark was formerly my partner in a previous business. There, full disclosure is out of the way!
Once upon a time I helped build those and I never want to see another of the #@*% things again in my life! They are difficult to manufacture and adjust. George has years of experience creating those by hand, they work very well and look good.
I notice Owen's has finally changed their design as for years it was a VERY antique looking piece, indeed an anachronism. Most Owen products work well but be sure to check the prices... Owen believes all of their own press.
Dave,

Thanks for the info...I did go ahead & place an order with George. It sounds like the skill & energy involved in making these justifies the price.

Bailey
Hi there Bailey, Pleaase let me know what you think of the coin chest when you get it. I have been wanting to get one for a while but have not.Thanks Brian Cook