(Close Window)
Topic: When time of season is busy?
Just wanted to know what time of season do you get most of your BD gigs?
September

Nines months after new year's eve

;)
Apart from February which is the slowest month, and December where I do mainly xmas parties, the rest of the year is roughly the same.

During the summer months I do more weekday parties and less weekend ones, but this is because I steer the bookers away from the weekends. Why? well if on a sat/sun we have one of those rare sunny days, you find some of the kids don't turn up. Mum/dad have been working hard all week and they don't want to waste a nice day hanging round so little susan can go to a party, so they throw all the kids in the car and have a day out instead.
[quote]
On 2004-08-24 02:36, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
September

Nines months after new year's eve

;)
[/quote]

Haha! Everytime September rolls around, it seems like there's always a million birthdays...it all makes sense now!
I am a semi-ppro kidsho entertainer in Hong Kong. My season coincides with the school year - September to june being busy. There seems to be a sharp decline in the summer months due to many people going on holidays. Business is greatly improved in Sept (due to them returning!) Also, as in other parts of the world, Christmas, New Year, (Chinese New Year - as HK's population is 97% ethnic Chinese) and Easter are the peak seasons!

This is my first post and I am looking forward to interacting with other members of the kidshow entertainers fraternity!
Summer used to be my busiest mounth I used to do all the summer fates now I only do very few and neared the end of the year is when I get most my bookings.
Thanks For Chrismas Parties lol.
Matt
I've only been doing regular shows for about 3 years. May this year was extremely busy - however, my bookings for september are a bit thin on the ground
:-(
Mark
Hi Mark,
September is a funny month, I've only got 22 in the book so far for September. I find bookings for September are slow to come in at first as the kids are on School Holidays throughout August, but then just as they're about to go back, the phone goes mad and the month fills up rapidly,
My September seems very empty at the moment but I'm kind of looking forward to it as this is only my second day off this month.
Apart from that the BDay bookings seem fairly evenly spread throughout the year
September. Loads of 4 year old parties this year. They obviously had a good time at the Millenium. July also very busy. August we are choosy ourselves what we take. December we do BDs these days (have done the charging round from one Christmas party to another in years gone by!)
I too am a part time pro, and most of my shows are confined to weekends. During the school year, it is pretty consistant with Birthdays.

Summer I miss out on some because kids have their birthday on the actual day of the week and I can't do a lot of those in the summer, so that slows me down.