(Close Window)
Topic: Rope effect to music!!
Greetings, members.

Looking for a good visual effect to music using rope if possible! For stage/cabaret act.

I prefer not to do Professor's Nightmare or ring-on-rope type effect.
Done to death!

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you
Roped by Juan Pablo.
Thanks, Kregg.

Just what I'm looking for.

Cheers-Brent
Has anyone done the "Walking thru a light cord" from Tilfords Illus.? It says it works better than the Hobson Chain .
My recommendations:

1) Lucky Loops - Easy to do, strong magic, visually pleasing and funny.

2) Professor Cheer's Rope - Visual comedy at its best.

Leo
Manila, Philippines
Hi,

I do an opening sequence to music with a rope.

It starts with Juan Pablo's "Roped" and goes into a small segment using a few parts of Tabary's Rope routine mixed with some variations that were inspired by Daryl's Rope Routine, and Jim Pace.

It's worked well for me the last two years.

Hope this helps.

Michael Berends
Fiber optics routine could be done to music. I've done it a few times, and I feel it works well
ABM,
You might want to check out the Tabary DVDs. They have a demo video on Penguin Magic. His rope routines are pieces of artwork. I've been doing different moves from his videos for several years now. People freak out and I could easily see this being done to music. Don't get me wrong though. "Roped" looks VERY nice as well.
I would recomend using daryls rope routine, all the phases can be understood easily which is one of the most important things

ollie
Thanks for so much great advice-Appreciated

On another side line as well-

Does anybody perform “PAVEL'S SUPER WALKING KNOT” or has seen this done live etc

Appreciate any feedback/comments on this effect-sounds great -Ive only read about this!!-Love to know more
I second Fiber Optics. The three rope routine or one rope routine is enough to make your audience silent with their mouths opened and their eyes popping out.
:spinningcoin:
I've seen Jay Scott Berry perform the Junior Walking Knot with music and patter.