(Close Window)
Topic: A Midnight Tribute to Gene Poinc
One night, I was wandering around the back halls of Dragonskull and started reading the memorial section devoted to Eugene Poinc. http://www.dragonskull.co.uk/poinc_map.htm Now I remembered Gene's hilarious articles in Genii - "Poinc From Another Planet" and at some point they just stopped appearing. Then came the wonderful books. Although I did not know him personally, Gene Poinc touched my life and my craft. He graces my library in an honored place and he makes me laugh and think when I turn to him for advice.

I was very touched by what his friend Larry White had written. I sent an email to Larry thanking him for the wonderful pages of information on Gene and answering many questions. Larry responded kindly and most generously. If you get a chance, please venture to the link and read about Gene Poinc, how he lived and the manner of man he was. He will be remembered as he wished to be and you will feel your burdens lifted for having read the stories.

Dragonskull is providing a wonderful gift to Bizarre Magick by preserving some of it's history, Gene's and others, and sharing it when it would otherwise be lost to most of us. These stories and lives of magicians are important as they leave us with the legacy of what is truly magical, not their tricks, but their humanity.

If you visit the site, there are many more wonderful things to be had there. Please take some time and participate in the voluminous material available.
I entered Gene's website about a year and a half before his death. I was staggered by the amount and quality of his writings. He was very kind as we corresponded back and forth about questions and observations.

I have his book, 'The Practitioner: Journeys into Grey', one of the best books of bizarre magic ever written, in my opinion. I just wish Mary Tomich of Thaumysta would release the other two books in the trilogy, 'Journeys into Black' and (I believe), 'Journeys into White'. I would buy them in an instant.

I was very saddened upon hearing that he had passed into the Great Unknown, but grateful that he had left a pretty darn good legency.
Bro. Gene NLT was a light to the bizarre communitee. The magic world loss was great with his demise. His MUST for any bizarrest.
WR