(Close Window)
Topic: Street Illusion?
Hi Guys,

I have never once did a grand illusion. I can't afford it at this time, so that is why I stick with the close up stuff. There is one I would like to create that can be done on a close-up venue but I need some help. Maybe it has been done before, I don't know. Here is what I am thinking about. I saw Franz Hararry do something similar one time.

The magician stands without any fancy props around him and an assistant raises a curtain in front of him. Within two seconds time the curtain is dropped and the magician has vanished and is nowhere in sight. I saw something similar like this done one time as a closer to a close up show and had no idea how it was done as there was no place for the magician to go. It was done outside with people at all angles, so it was quite a puzzler. I would like to do something like this sometime but have no idea on how to pull it off. Are there any suggestions or places I can go to learn a method that is somewhat inexpensive? Thanks to all in advance.

Phil (streetmagicman)
What you saw was Probably done for T.V.
Try and get hold of some books on Indian Street Magicians as they have some truly amazing Illusions.
You could also contact Sam Dalal at elctrofun.com.
Cheers
Dear Phil,

It may be interesting for you to get a copy of the book Swami/Mantra.

Regards,

D
Message: Posted by: Dr.Maya Baalaamurugaan (Sep 27, 2004 08:45AM)
Does swami mantra talk about huge illusions as well?