(Close Window)
Topic: Favorite mental magazine
I would like to subscribe to a magazine devoted to mental magic. What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help,
Marcus
Alas, there are none in regularly available circulation. SYZYGY was the most recent to taper off; I just heard rumor that the remaining issues of the current volume are soon to be published as one massive issue.

Mark Strivings posted a while back about one he is planning to start, but it's not in publication yet.

The only other two I know of are only distributed to the members of private organizations (Center Tear and Vibrations).
Message: Posted by: Huw Collingbourne (Aug 23, 2002 04:53PM)
...then there's Ted Lesley's 'Mind & Magic' - but I'm not sure how regularly this is published?

Shame that all the regular mags seem to have dwindled away.... :pout:

best wishes
Huw
Genii is the best for the mentalist
read what Jamy or Richard say and do exactly
the opposite.You are on the right way

LOL
Lior Manor
Although I understand that Lior meant it in an entirely different sense (with which I do not disagree), it's probably true that [i]Genii[/i] [b]is[/b] the best publicly-available American magazine for mentalists, as it features occasional columns by the incomparable Barrie Richardson, which are always a treat. And Bob Farmer oftens discusses mentalist-appropiate topics as well.

In the U.K., there's [i]Club 71[/i], good for essentially the same reason.

But most mentalists (myself included) publish privately, for a variety of reasons.

... Doug
And of course Phil Goldstein often has some items in [i]Genii[/i] as well :o)
I was just wondering, if you were going to produce a mentalism magazine, lets say an e-zine, what would you like to see in it.
[quote]
On 2002-08-24 00:00, Dr_Zodiac wrote:
I was just wondering, if you were going to produce a mentalism magazine, lets say an e-zine, what would you like to see in it.
[/quote]

The most important thing 'I'd like to see is my name on subscription checks.
But seriously folks, I'd like to see most of it devoted to other than effects. Ideas for marketing, theories, things about luminaries
maybe onew effect per issue. Bonus two effects
from
Ford
Hi Marcus,

Might be worth your while trying to get your hands on Water's Mind Myth and Magic published as a bound compilation.