(Close Window)
Topic: Color reading
Hi, I've been doing this effect (that I'll describe in a minute) more and more lately, and I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this or has methods they use.

EFFECT:
I have someone think of a color, and I read their mind.

Ok, well there's a little more build-up to it, but it's never written down... it's all in their mind. The best way I have of describing my method is a little cold reading, a little clever fishing, and maybe a tiny amount of geniune ESP (I do believe in this stuff).

Anyway, has anyone ever tried this?
I use the Red/Blue versions in Psychological Subtleties. And its not too hard to come up with them on your own. Like I know a way to get Yellow, Pink, Orange, and maybe Purple in their head.
Wait for PS2! There's a good one in there.

Jonathan Grant
Oh ok, I see what you guys are saying... like very subtle forces of a color. I never really thought to use linguistics to try it that way... that's an interesting idea.

If anyone is interested in me describing the "method" I use, drop me a pm... I'd be glad to explain it.... I'd really love to publish it, but I'm only into magic as a hobby, so I doubt I have the "cred" to have anyone buy it, lol.